[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.98 MB, 3264x2448, DSC02744.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15249586 No.15249586 [Reply] [Original]

Ever feel a bitter hatred for a dining experience that makes you regretful for feeling so miserable about it, though you still do? If so what? I'd like to hear these kind of experiences. For me it's a local diner, everybody loves it, my parents love it, it's something of a local institution, everybody knows the family and went to school with somebody who had the last name of the eatery and has some schmaltzy story and la dee fucking da. Every time I've eaten there, it's extremely mediocre even by local diner standards, something of a let down. The fish is too watery, the burger is tasteless, the beef is too salty. So my parents want to of course order from their favorite little place, and I think, I suppose I'll just order the club sandwich, surely nobody could deliver a sub par club sandwich.

Well, I was feeling that bitter regretful hatred rise up just about the time I was gazing upon what they presented to me. The turkey, is seemingly leftovers from a Thanksgiving dinner, big chunks of not bad tasting but inappropriate turkey, a great club sandwich will have thinly shaven turkey packed on high rather than big chunks, they fowled it up for certain. Without question, this was a let down of a club sandwich, it was a generous portion, the bacon was good, the mayo was substantial, and an odd choice of adding not one but two types of cheese...seemed to be Swiss and a Mild Cheddar, maybe American even, but not bad otherwise. Still, one of the lesser club sandwiches I've ever had.

>> No.15249601 [DELETED] 

>>15249586
If Elizabeth, when Mr. Darcy gave her the letter, did not expect it to contain a renewal of his offers, she had formed no expectation at all of its contents. But such as they were, it may be well supposed how eagerly she went through them, and what a contrariety of emotion they excited. Her feelings as she read were scarcely to be defined. With amazement did she first understand that he believed any apology to be in his power; and steadfastly was she persuaded, that he could have no explanation to give, which a just sense of shame would not conceal. With a strong prejudice against everything he might say, she began his account of what had happened at Netherfield. She read with an eagerness which hardly left her power of comprehension, and from impatience of knowing what the next sentence might bring, was incapable of attending to the sense of the one before her eyes. His belief of her sister's insensibility she instantly resolved to be false; and his account of the real, the worst objections to the match, made her too angry to have any wish of doing him justice. He expressed no regret for what he had done which satisfied her; his style was not penitent, but haughty. It was all pride and insolence.

But when this subject was succeeded by his account of Mr. Wickham,--when she read with somewhat clearer attention a relation of events which, if true, must overthrow every cherished opinion of his worth, and which bore so alarming an affinity to his own history of himself,--her feelings were yet more acutely painful and more difficult of definition. Astonishment, apprehension, and even horror, oppressed her. She wished to discredit it entirely, repeatedly exclaiming, 'This must be false! This cannot be! This must be the grossest falsehood!'--and when she had gone through the whole letter, though scarcely knowing anything of the last page or two, put it hastily away, protesting that she would not regard it, that she would never look in it again.

>> No.15249635

my grandparents love to eat at the same shitty restaurants and i used to resent it but now i cherish those times because i know they are fleeting
keep trying to find a dish they do well i'm sure there's something
one place i just get a side of peameal bacon and potatoes and it's great!

>> No.15249651 [DELETED] 

>>15249601
Francis then pushed Harris down on the bed and continued to kiss him. "Not expecting anybody are you" Francis asked between kisses. Harris moaned "No dad is at work and mom is at bridge". Francis then started to unbutton the slim boy's shirt and kiss his smooth chest and flat stomach. Francis licked and sucked the thin nipples bringing them to a point and he then took one between his teeth and pulled gently on it. Harris moaned and caressed the chubby boy's head. Francis continued to kiss and lick the slim boy licking down toward his flat stomach. Harris was lying back with his hands and arms above his head moaning softly. Francis then lay back next to him and said quietly "This is very nice. You do kiss very nicely."

Harris turned and moaned "Thank you" and started to kiss Francis. First on the mouth and then on his neck which he licked leaving a trace of saliva. He proceeded to unbutton the chubby boy's shirt revealing a smooth chest with wide aureoles and plump nipples. He finished unbuttoning the shirt down to the boy's naval and then looked at the chubby breasts on the smooth chest. He was both surprised and excited to see the breasts exposed and leaned down to kiss them. He kissed and licked them and took the lead of the chubby boy and bit gently on the fat nipple and pulled it away from the chest. Francis moaned as the boy pulled on his nipple and caressed his head as he said "Oh wow you must do this often." Harris took his wet mouth off the nipple with saliva hanging as he replied "I have never been with a guy before so this is all new to me." Francis replied "Help yourself. Kiss away as I do like your lips on me."

>> No.15249782
File: 824 KB, 613x835, inappropriate_turkey.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15249586
>inappropriate turkey
The worst turkey.

>> No.15250568

>>15249635
That's one way to think about it

>> No.15251307

bump

>> No.15251341

>hurrdurr i eat shitty food i hate hurr durr I'm a retard hurrdurr be jealous of big fat retard loser meeeeeee

>> No.15251345

>>15249586
there's a diner right a round the corner form me. It used to be great and then it got gradually worse over the last 10-15 years. The past few times were just real bad, each a few years apart. They're still open, who knows how as no one I know ever eats there even before the pandemic

>> No.15251366

>>15249586
>they fowled it up for certain
i bet you thought this was clever

>> No.15251603

>>15251366
Do ya?

>> No.15251832

>>15249586
asian owned food places cook whole turkeys because it's cheaper than buying precooked turkey breast, they buy bulk to save money
t. food wholesaler

>> No.15253188

>>15249586
Francis then pushed Harris down on the bed and continued to kiss him. "Not expecting anybody are you" Francis asked between kisses. Harris moaned "No dad is at work and mom is at bridge". Francis then started to unbutton the slim boy's shirt and kiss his smooth chest and flat stomach. Francis licked and sucked the thin nipples bringing them to a point and he then took one between his teeth and pulled gently on it. Harris moaned and caressed the chubby boy's head. Francis continued to kiss and lick the slim boy licking down toward his flat stomach. Harris was lying back with his hands and arms above his head moaning softly. Francis then lay back next to him and said quietly "This is very nice. You do kiss very nicely."
Harris turned and moaned "Thank you" and started to kiss Francis. First on the mouth and then on his neck which he licked leaving a trace of saliva. He proceeded to unbutton the chubby boy's shirt revealing a smooth chest with wide aureoles and plump nipples. He finished unbuttoning the shirt down to the boy's naval and then looked at the chubby breasts on the smooth chest. He was both surprised and excited to see the breasts exposed and leaned down to kiss them. He kissed and licked them and took the lead of the chubby boy and bit gently on the fat nipple and pulled it away from the chest. Francis moaned as the boy pulled on his nipple and caressed his head as he said "Oh wow you must do this often." Harris took his wet mouth off the nipple with saliva hanging as he replied "I have never been with a guy before so this is all new to me." Francis replied "Help yourself. Kiss away as I do like your lips on me."

>> No.15253350

>>15249586
A couple come to mind. One was going to the on-campus "steakhouse" and ordering a burger. It was $14 (incl bacon, cheese, side fries), expensive for a burger, and really expensive for campus food, but hey, it was a rare splurge. They asked me how I wanted it done, and I said "medium rare." I was with a friend, who did the same.

The kitchen is open, and we could see the burger. They plopped it on the grill, and walked away. After five minutes, we're thinking, maybe someone should check or flip the burger? The minutes continued to tick away. I wanted to say something, but was sort of embarrassed to tell someone else how to do their job. They flipped it after ten minutes or so, and served it to us after another 8 minutes of grilling.

We were in a hurry, so a combination of paying way too much, waiting way too long, watching our food get ruined before our eyes, and the whole farce of "how would you like it cooked" and getting a beyond-well-done, carbonized hockey puck was infuriating. On a stale bun.

>> No.15253457

>>15249586
Another one was an entitled server. I was in a party of four after work for an early dinner on a Friday, outside. We were super-easy, each ordered a sandwich or salad, and a small beer of some type. My bill was $13.50, and I paid with a twenty, cash. Waitress took the money, started to walk away, and was like, "oh, wait, do you want change?" And when I said "yes, please", she got visibly upset. Now mind you, that would have been an almost 50% tip.

She ran the credit cards in five minutes, but took almost 20 minutes to return with my change. (which included only one $1 and a $5 to try to at least get a $5 tip out of me). I was in front of friends though, I hate the thought of not tipping, or tipping less than 10%, and I knew if I asked for singles, we would wait another 20 minutes, so I tipped $5. I also in the abstract hate the idea of a tipper feeling like dispensing a shitty tip is, um, edifying, or sending a message, or whatever.

I think this is more about my unwillingness to complain, and being stuck second-guessing being a jerk vs being assertive.

>> No.15253485

>>15253457
Why do you care if your friends think you're cheap? If I were you, I would have left 0 since tip is based off service, not obligation. If your friends don't get that, then you really shouldn't care what they think

>> No.15253610
File: 132 KB, 500x433, entitled-waitress-on-facebook-me-who-does-not-owe-you-44294867.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15253485
You have a point. I was a little more lefty back then, but I still think quality control is the job of the restaurant, not the tipper.

Up until that point, I had never even considered leaving a small tip for anyone.

>> No.15253634

>>15253610
I don't think it's lefty to feel bad for not tipping, its just true that the resturant industry pays horribly and that tips are typically how workers survive. It doesn't really make her entitled to act that way, though. What a bitch, I'd just leave the tip and not go back.

>> No.15253680

>>15253457
>>15253485
>>15253610
>>15253634
Do Americans really have excruciating mental anguish and long conversations about tipping?

>> No.15253683

>>15253680
Yes, Americans actually do this one.

>> No.15253708

>>15253634
Yeah. I kind of agree with you. In a perfect world, I would leave a shitty tip that still covered her time (12% or so), she would know exactly why I left a bad tip and realize that it had to do with her service, she would recommit to treating customers well, change her ways, and have a glorious future of large tips and satisfied customers.

But in reality, she would get a small tip, think "what a dick", and nothing would change.

I realize it's kind of autistic to want your tip to mean something or influence behavior, which is kind of why I still left a generous tip (in addition to only having the fiver).

>> No.15253716

>>15253680
>>15253683
I am unusually prone to overthinking, but for real, no, I leave a standard tip without anguish 99.9% of the time, and the one time I even thought about not doing that is the story I just told.

>> No.15253729
File: 92 KB, 577x432, carbonized-burger-caption.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15253350
adding image

>> No.15253739

>>15253680
Discussions like these are just the unfortunate reality of how poorly Americans treat each other, we wouldn't talk about it if people weren't paid and treated like absolute dogshit here.

>>15253708
In a perfect world we wouldn't have to tip at all because her wage would be paid by the business and not us desu

>> No.15253808

>>15253350
idk about your campus, but I don't think there's anything worth eating or drinking at mine.

>> No.15253829

>>15249586
where do i subscribe?

>> No.15253895

>>15253188
Sounds like a build up to frottage

>> No.15254174

>>15253680

Honestly, I do.

>> No.15254865

>>15249586
Was driving down the interstate many years ago with my dad (before yelp and cell phones) when we pulled over to get dinner in an unfamiliar town. We went to a place we could see from the interstate. Food was overpriced and pretty bad, but the thing that made it memorable was that it was really trying to impress-- fluorescent lighting, cheap carpeting, and high-school aged waiters dressed formally in black and white. Sevice was very formal, and almost over the top polite. I almost thought they were going to pull my chair out for me. Salad was iceberg lettuce, a wedge of tomato, boxed croutons, and maybe one little slice of one black olive, just for accent, with packaged Ken's on the side. (Ranch, excellent choice, sir).

Not really bad or rage inducing, but the incongruity was a little amusing.

>> No.15255008
File: 192 KB, 362x507, 532647capcom_vs_snkk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15254865
>and high-school aged waiters dressed formally in black and white.

>> No.15255060

>>15253350
Rare is posion

>> No.15255073

>>15253457
Wow

You are so inept

>> No.15255079

>>15253716
Coward inept

>> No.15255133

>>15253457
I would have just left the dollar or no tipat all. I'm not one to give a fuck about what people think of my tipping habits though. You had all the cards in your hand there and you blew it.

>> No.15255135

>>15253739
you act like restaurants are just hoarding the money instead of paying wait staff. If you increase the operating costs of the restaurant theyre gonna have to get the money from the customers somehow, thats usually how a business works

>> No.15255363

>>15249586
nice blog faggot
Not every resturaunt serves high brow food and sometimes peasants (like yourself) enjoy a nice plate of slop delivered to you locally.

In other words
KYS

>> No.15255652

>>15255135
If your restaurant can only survive by paying its staff 1 dollar an hour, and your bus and dish service is being paid by your servers out of their own pockets, maybe you're running a shitty restaurant that deserves to close.

>> No.15255666

>>15249586
I would pay 8 U.S. dollars for this meal.

>> No.15255709

>>15255652
restaruants usually run on like 5% profit margin, its almost as if paying half your staff 200% more per hour would force someone to raise prices ya fuckin moron

>> No.15255876
File: 1.16 MB, 3264x2072, DSC01591.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15255363
>Not every resturaunt serves high brow food and sometimes peasants (like yourself) enjoy a nice plate of slop delivered to you locally.
Are you an absolutely inane vacuous numbskull? Yes, I'd say that's the case. Even something as simple as regular diner food has a set of standards, I should know as I enjoy it quite a bit as any intelligent person would probably have guessed by my critique of said sandwich. I've eaten many perfectly acceptable club sandwiches and I enjoy few things as much, pic related would be a club sandwich done better. Notice how it uses thinly sliced deli style turkey, not huge chunks that would be better suited for a dinner plate. Fool.

>> No.15255881

>>15253457
I was with my girlfriend at a salad bar place one time, and we got really shitty service, so I left a one cent tip. This is how you do it.

Bonus points if you flip a water glass over it.

>>15249586
Looks like something they'd serve at FyreFest.

>>15255666
Satan says yes.

>> No.15256301

>>15255881
>Bonus points if you flip a water glass over it.
Why?

>> No.15256319

>>15249586
tldr

>> No.15256442

>>15253680
Social media giving a platform for the mentally ill instead of locking them up was a mistake.

>> No.15256850

>>15255709
oh no what will i do, i have to pay more to ensure everyone will be able to survive? the absolute horror!

>> No.15256874

Took forever to figure out what the fuck I was looking at in op picture. It's cut in 4 triangles with 2 underneath. Looks fine for something you'd give to someone who can't make their own sandwiches.

>> No.15258142

>>15256874
That's not the point, imbecile.

>> No.15259543

>>15255876
That looks like shit compared to the first, you brainlet.

>> No.15259714

>>15259543
Gonna have to agree with this anon. You have extremely questionable taste in sandwiches OP.

>> No.15259729

>>15249635
do you see those fries? there's not going to be anything redeeming about that place

>> No.15259732

>>15249586
>Everything was fine except the turkey was cut too thick.
>WORST MEAL EVER

you sound like a tremendous faggot.

>> No.15259892

OP why do you type like a pretentious autistic faggot?

>> No.15260093

>>15259732
If anything, I expect the thicker-cut turkey tells me they sliced it in-house with a knife, I'd like to see some ham on there, but that's just me associating a club sandwich with ham-turkey-bacon-cheese.

>> No.15260430

>>15253680
some do
if you give decent/good service you get a decent/good tip (I only do 15% ever ;^) ) If you give shit service you get a shit tip, or no tip.

it's always fun watching some dip shit who can't refill my fucking water 1 time in 45 minutes cry when they get 0.00 in the tip line. Quit being shit at your job you fucking cunt.

>> No.15260530

I usually take the tip before leaving when going to a restaurant with my parents
Fuck giving free money to some naggers

>> No.15260554

>>15253680
Only those spiritually corrupted by the Jew.

>> No.15260558

>>15260530
I spot you doing this I'll take the tip off of your genitals with a round of .45 ACP

>> No.15260573

>>15249586
I've found that throughout my career in the food industry and dealing with people outside of it that most people have no idea what good food is. My closest friends mother has often given me food to take home after visiting and it's the most bland fucking shit ever. Yet my buddys family and relatives rave about her food. I swear she gave me a turkey soup once made from water and no stock. The average person knows jack shit about what good food should be. You'd be surprised at the amount of mediocre food places that get away with it, and are even celebrated.

>> No.15260577

>>15260530
So essentially, you're leeching a free meal off your parents, and stealing their money that they wanted to give to the waitress for yourself. You're a fucking winner.

>> No.15260626

>>15253680
I try to be generous and give people the benefit of the doubt, so I'll generally tip even if someone incompetent. Entitled, self centered assholes are another story.

>> No.15260688

>>15249635
This. Mom lived in Cincinnati and must have lost all her taste buds. We ate pizza that was like soggy cardboard and "splurged" at mid tier restaurants like Applebee's and Red Lobster, all the time she was raving about the food be a world class feast. The food was complete crap, but the memories are precious.

>> No.15262084

>>15255060
>t. modern "man"

>> No.15262324

>>15259543
>>15259714
>>15260093
Turkey on a club sandwich is better when it's thinly sliced. When it's thick along with the bacon and bread it doesn't work as well.

>> No.15263955

>>15249586
Yeah, theres a restaurant around here that every time we go we go "now i remember why we don't go here"