[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 565 KB, 3000x2083, MCrib.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15179972 No.15179972 [Reply] [Original]

At long last I have tried the McRib. And desu it’s pretty good! Solid fast food sandwich and I like the long sesame seed bun. The rib was pretty tender and the sauce was okay! Only complaint is that there wasn’t much of anything going on. Sure nothing outwardly gross but it’s just a very basic bbq sauce on a tender but not incredibly juicy or flavorful pork slab with a little bit of crunchy red onions and two pickles. I will probably order it again bc it honestly sits a lot lighter in the stomach than most Mickey Dees and it was a nice pleasant simple meal that didn’t make me feel crappy and wasn’t too greasy, but on the other hand I can see why this was nobodies first choice item at McDicks causing its discontinuation. If the McRib has any aspirations of being an S tier item with the likes of the McChicken and the bacon quarter pounder with chee (add mayo) it needs a more interesting sauce and something more than a meager handful of raw onion slices going on flavor wise. Perhaps some kind of roasted pepper, or better yet a pat of crunchy coleslaw placed overtop the soft and tender pork slab. As it stands the McRib is a solid but fairly unremarkable sandwich. The texture and mouthfeel is nice, and there’s nothing wrong with how it tastes, but there’s not enough going on for this sandwich to be anything more than average.

>> No.15180334
File: 372 KB, 1272x828, sage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here you can find more of my food blog at www.imgay.com

>> No.15180350

You couldn't just post this shit in the other mcrib thread? You had to start a new thread with the exact same image? Fuck off, dude.

>> No.15180361

>>15180334
Not clicking on your shit. Fuck off. No one cares. You will never be a famous internet content creater

>> No.15180690

>>15180350
>You couldn't just post this shit in the other mcrib thread?
Nope!