[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 129 KB, 1208x440, Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-31 um 00.54.26.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14993675 No.14993675[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Honestly though, why did Sohla have to do Brad dirty like that?
And now she's become the token brown dancing monkey for the new "Babish Culinary Network".

As the saying goes, give the Monkey a finger....you know how the rest goes.

>> No.14993676

>>14993675
cringe

>> No.14993682

fuck that cunt, i hope brad isn't too hurt by this

>> No.14993684

>why do people like nice, friendly people
>why don't they like standoffish, shallow cunts

>> No.14993686

>>14993675
fuck off with your canceled kike show

>> No.14993689

>>14993675
Du bist einfach ein kompletter Blödmann.

>> No.14993691
File: 21 KB, 691x653, 6q36l99sldy11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Beginning in 2008, El-Waylly attended The Culinary Institute of America (CIA). She says that while at CIA, she was sexually harassed by a dean, and when she spoke up a female dean told her, "That's what happens in the real world. You better get used to it."
>In March 2016, El-Waylly and her husband opened a diner called Hail Mary in Brooklyn, which attracted favorable reviews. However, it closed after 11 months, which El-Waylly attributes in part to opening Hail Mary without other investors, and in part to the expectations of white customers.
>In June 2020, a photo of Bon Appétit editor-in-chief Adam Rapoport in brownface resurfaced online and sparked widespread criticism. During an emergency company-wide Zoom meeting, El-Waylly called for Rapoport to step down.
>She then publicly accused the magazine of discriminating towards employees of color, claiming they were subject to lesser pay than their non-minority counterparts. Rapoport resigned the same day.

Why is life so hard and unfair for POC while whites get all the benefits?

>> No.14993692

Why are the ugly ones always cunts

>> No.14993693

Link to interview? Tf is her problem

>> No.14993695

>>14993693
https://www.vulture.com/article/sohla-el-waylly-profile.html

>> No.14993698

>>14993695
Wtf, she really has gone down a rabbit hole huh. Sometimes i need to remind myself that being mad at others popularity/success really is just poisoning yourself. I'm starting to believe the theories that she is gonna try and scalp babish for more fame now.

>> No.14993752
File: 619 KB, 600x900, chocolate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14993675
That lady is obviously depressed and prone to jealousy.

>> No.14993913

>>14993675
this sounds like a /pol/ schizo rambling about how its all societys fault no one likes her, except the target is a white guy instead of a minority. she is unhinged.

>> No.14993919

>>14993695
This is not the first, not the second, but the third time Ms. El-Waylly has made vague and often contradictory accusations of racism when leaving an employment situation. In one case she blamed the failure of her and her husband's restaurant on the racism of its diners. This was despite terrible reviews, some alleging that she yelled at and lectured customers, a "worst dish" award from Eater in 2016, El-Waylly admitting that she lied to customers in one interview and both she and her husband saying in another that their menu and concept did not "come together." In the other case, she made incredibly vague accusations on Twitter of racism at Serious Eats that seemed to suggest some serious wrongdoing, but that turned out to come down to a disagreement over what kinds of comments should be removed from posts. She later deleted the Tweet.

So given that, it's kind of remarkable to me that such unsubstantiated, sometimes contradictory, and often pointlessly mean-spirited quotes and accusations regarding former coworkers are being printed here unchallenged. The allegations about Mr. Morocco are just strange, given his actual role at BA and the fact that one of Ms. El-Waylly's main points of contention was that she had not, in fact, "moved up" in her time there. And to insult the intelligence of a former coworker and use their race as a pejorative as she did in the case of Mr. Leone is not only unkind, it's also just bizarre given that nearly everyone watching is in on the joke of the over-the-top editing style of that series.

I previously had a great deal of respect for Ms. El-Waylly as a chef. And early on in this process, when the accusations were first made, I had a great deal of respect for Ms. El-Waylly as a person. But as time has gone on, as more facts about the situation have come to light, and as she has given more and more remarks that are just pointlessly mean-spirited, I've lost most of it.