[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 73 KB, 826x620, 1580138506301.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14351941 No.14351941 [Reply] [Original]

What food do you prepare and eat to lose weight?

>> No.14351956

probably focus on trying to cook -well- more than trying to cook -healthy-, so 'eating healthy' becomes something enjoyable rather than a chore.

Say, if you cook a chicken breast, do it with an instant read thermometer and try to nail 145-150 degrees so it's juicy.
Buy fresh vegetables and treat them with care.

You don't even have to eat 'health food' that much just avoid big fatty carb staples like cooking a lot of rice or pasta to binge on and eat less of whatever it is you cook. Eat slowly.

>> No.14351962
File: 159 KB, 684x449, 15 - 7HNtMqH.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

its not about food but about how many calories you're eating, find your Total Daily Energy Expenditure(TDEE) here - https://tdeecalculator.net/

then where it says Macronutrients select cutting(that means losing weight, more specifically losing fat), that generally speaking will give you a rough idea of how many calories you should be eating to lose weight, get the - MyFitnessPal - phone app and start tracking the calories of everything you eat to make sure you aren't going over your calorie limit, if you always still at or under your calorie limit and after a month you still aren't losing weight then drop it down another 300-500 calories and do that for another month, if you still aren't losing weighh then you aren't tracking your calories properly and are over eating or you have something wrong with you and should go to the Dr asap. cont

>> No.14351966

i just reduced my meals to one a day and that really helped. first did a fat as fatass meal, then cut that to a regular one, then made that meal even less calories when i hit a weight loss plateau.

>> No.14351977

>>14351962
>>14351966
Imo going structured and scientific or eating 1 meme meal a day are unsustainable cyclical fattie behavior and won't give you a healthy relationship with food

>> No.14351994

>>14351962
P2

for more specific foods, still too lean mean like:

chicken breast
turkey breast and low fat ground turkey.
low fat ground beef.

try staying away from too many carbs, low carb diets make it easier to drop bodyfat % which is what most people mean when they want to lose weight. Healthy carbs like Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice are relatively fine but I'd recommend staying away from pastas, white rice, and bread.

Stay away from junk food, processed treats such as donuts, cakes, cookies, don't drink soda, pretty much stay away from stuff with a high sugar content, that's one of the main causes of obesity.

Instead of carbs being your main filler use vegetables such as:

spinach
kale
broccoli
carrots
brussel sprouts
etc

steam, roast, pan fry with olive oil, makes salads and choice a low fat healthy dressing.

a very easy meal is baked chicken with a spinach salad.

take a chicken breast and rub it with olive oil then season with salt and pepper and put in a baking dish, add the juice from a lemon and freshly chopped rosemary and miced garlic on top then bake in the oven at 400 degrees until the temp reaches 160 degrees then take it out and let it rest for 10 mins.
for the salad just put a couple of hand fulls of spinach in a bowl, 1 cup of kale chopped(cut out the stem), add some onion slices , cherry tomato's and whatever low fat dressing you want I like newman's italian dressing, toss with the dressing.

if you really want you can add half a sweet potato depending on how many calories you are allowed to eat.

all in all, its less about what you eat and more about how much you eat that will determine if you lose weight or not, however what you eat will impact how your body looks, eating a lot of fast food and simple carbs will more likely be stored as fat cells in the body and will always give you a little belly even if you're skinny.

>> No.14351999

>>14351977
that is true, the only people I've met that went from fat to fit had to actually change there entire life and erase years of unhealthy habits, most people that lost weight on a diet gain it back in a few weeks once they dropped there diet because Mcchickens with a large fry and soda is just too damn good.

>> No.14352000

>>14351941
Last time I was dieting I made pizzas that were approx. 300cal from memory. For the base, I just used a wheat tortilla (this is where the calories add up usually) and topped it with olive oil, tomato paste, sliced mozzarella and fresh basil. If you can stick to it log in your stats to cronometer.com and it will tell you how much you need to eat to achieve your goals as well as give you a nutrition breakdown. It's the best website for it imo.