[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 423 KB, 1600x1195, IMG_0079.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14052429 No.14052429 [Reply] [Original]

I have an office potluck coming up.
Would it be socially acceptable to just order a large pack of fish and chips?

>> No.14052440

>>14052429
>office potluck
You haven't been outside for a while have you?

There's no more office, because everyone works from home and there's no more potluck because disease risk.

>> No.14052443

>>14052429
A lot of people will be bringing in things that they've bought from a store and then stuck in an oven at home, etc. Not everyone can cook afterall.
I suppose it depends on what kind of people are in your office - is this going to be a close knit group of people who happily eat their lunch at their desks, grab chips or a pastie on their break, comforting and relaxed things like that? Or is your office a little more high class, with some expectations on what to get? You might be better off just going to a supermarket and getting a few large packs of some tasty finger food in that case, something people can get a few bits of while picking at the rest of the potluck. It's kinda hard to share a whole fried fish on that note, not without some hassle that might seem too awkward for people.

>> No.14052446

>>14052440
Not in every country

>> No.14052447

>>14052440
I've been getting spam called by a call centre every two days still, a lot of businesses (and clearly those no even considered essential) are still going, including offices.

>> No.14052465

MOTHERFUCKER YOU MADE ME HUNGRY. Fuck all to eat here tho.

And yes imo, long as it's not in a greasy bag, shops still use those n shit? I miss when it was newspapers, eating chips out of sex affair scandal packaging was kino.

>> No.14052617

As >>14052443 says many people buy something and 'cook' it at home. When our office organizes these things I always try to taste a bit of everything so I can determine who has done this, know how little respect they have for the people they work with and how lazy they are. Then I keep a mental note for the next time they ask me for a favor.

Do you want the people you work with to think you're lazy and don't respect them enough to prepare something?

>> No.14052965

>>14052429
Fish and chips is A L W A Y S acceptable

>> No.14052968

>>14052617
Based office sociopath

>> No.14052977

If any cunt complains about fish and chips or does a little distasteful look with their eyes then stick a fish knife in their throat.
Make sure you provide salt and vinegar though or know that it will be provided. If some cunt brought fish and chips but their was no salt and vinegar id FUCKJNG execute them.