[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.53 MB, 2000x3793, Snapchat-1200753880.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13945467 No.13945467[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I've been meaning to ask for a while, but I didn't want to come off as racially profiling or something, but since people brought it up... why do white people like raw meat so much? Is that as much a "white thing" as it seems?

Full disclosure: My personal circle tends to be comprised of black people, hispanics, and whites - very few Asians, and those are usually Indians and those Indians are usually vegetarians. In this (admittedly non-globally representative cross-section) I have never seen anyone but white people order meat less than well-done. As I began watching the Food Network - I like Iron Chef and Chopped - I began to notice that the meat is always raw when they put it on the plate, and this is considered cooked. They actually complain when the meat is cooked all the way through (FYI, cooking-show-judges... If it's still bleeding, it's raw. I am very firm on this). I've asked around as my curiosity grew to see how people like their meat cooked - none but white people have ever told me anything other than 'well done.' But none of the white people I've asked have said well done - the closest I got was medium well. What's up with that?

I checked stuffwhitepeoplelike.com to see if 'raw meat' was on there but I didn't see it, so I am thoroughly perplexed. I don't really count sushi since that's fish and not a bleeding mammal on a plate, but are there other non-white ethnicities out there that enjoy a good plate of barely-dead animal? And before you go "I'm Pakistani and I love rare (raw) meat," first off... did you grow up among other Pakistani who also ate it, or in a white household/neighborhood? Because then I would probably just count that as a learned behavior and an anomaly.

>> No.13945472

>>13945467
Huh?

>> No.13945477

give me a tl;dr you over-pretentious rambling twat

>> No.13945482

>>13945467
That's not fucking raw you stupid nigger. Go try a medium rare steak and compare it to the shoe leather you usually eat.

>> No.13945485

The less cooked steak tastes a bit beefier and is generally more juicy than a steak that is cooked to death

>> No.13945500
File: 64 KB, 600x450, b26b7756002a48bab55368a4bd62b735.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13945467
Because our meat is safe enough to eat rare (which is what is in your picture) to fully raw. In Germany they even eat raw pork (mett) and have no problems — try that shit in Mexico and you'll get worms.

Your personal circle were spawned from shithole countries who have to cook the hell out of their meat to avoid bacterial and parasitic illnesses, and we don't. We get to enjoy meat in all its glory, why you and they are limited to tough dry garbage. Sorry bout that.

>> No.13945548

sashimi is a thing
also I think they eat raw beef in the middle east sometimes
innuit and asian nomads also eat raw mid

>> No.13945560

>>13945467
what you think is bleeding is not bleeding

>> No.13945630
File: 351 KB, 570x660, guaranteed replies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13945467

>> No.13945688

damn this grampa ass nigga with his tire ass steak aint even heard of ethiopia lmao

>> No.13945879

>>13945467
Damn that looks like a tough shitty steak with that white film shit

>> No.13945896
File: 71 KB, 203x148, based negress.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Because Whites have a superior palate and appreciation of taste and texture. We don't just attack every piece of food in front of us like eating a monkey on the African plains.

>> No.13945931

>>13945467
It kills me when I see a shit serrated knife ruin a nice steak by tearing apart like a wild dog.

>>13945500
Digits confirm.

>> No.13945934

>>13945467
>If it's still bleeding, it's raw. I am very firm on this
Why the hell are you on a cooking board? In a first world country, at least, cooking steak well done butchers the flavor - and because you can't tell the difference a lot of restaurants will take the chance to slip you lower quality meat, since there's no reason to waste good fresh meat if it's being cooked well done.

Anyway, my best friend is a Pakistani dude who grew up around other Pakis/Indians in Queens. He eats his meat medium rare. I think you're just baiting, anon, and the only reason I'm still replying is I'm drunk and I figured that if I already wrote this much I may as well post.

>> No.13945957

>>13945500
Basically this. The black dudes I hang out with think pork will kill you, and that rare meat will give you beef tapeworms. My boomer mom who came from India only likes food cooked well done. my dad can't eat rare beef and like his medium well, and he's polish. Since he grew up in communist Poland the beef there was just old dairy cattle and was tough as hell meaning you had to cook the hell out of it. This all stems from the food where they grew up with being shit quality.