[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 63 KB, 512x512, chefjohn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13651934 No.13651934 [Reply] [Original]

Hello this is Chef John from Food Wishes dot com with... a /ck/ thread!

>> No.13651948

I wouldn't fuck him but I'd pay a considerable amount of money to have him be my personal chef for a night.

>> No.13651959

>>13651948
>I wouldn't fuck him
What are you?
gay?

>> No.13651988

>>13651934
>hoverhand
Is chef John, dare I say it, /ourguy/

>> No.13652069

>>13651948
I met Chef John in a bar in San Francisco once. I didn't even recognize him even after I started talking to him until he told me he was shooting a video about cacao and runs a youtube cooking channel, then I put it all together (those were the days I would autistically ask everyone I meet what their favorite word was since I didn't know how to start a normal conversation, and chef john said his favorite word was cacao (you heard it here first (also this might be obvious but he doesn't use his "Chef John" voice outside of his videos)). These days I don't bother talking to people irl). Then I tried to tell him about a children's book I had read earlier that week called "Chi Po and the Sorcerer." He seemed to be disinterested/annoyed, grinned, and said "I hope you're enjoying your *vegan* chili" with the emphasis on the "vegan". I didn't even tell him it was vegan. I ordered it before he got there. He must have seen the only chili on the menu had a tiny "v" next to it. I started getting really nervous and anxious. Froze up like a deer in headlights. "Y-you too", I responded. He just kept staring at me, this face I've never seen before (since the videos don't show his face) with a voice I've never heard before (since his trademark affected voice is just for the videos). He asked me if I wanted a selfie. I told him yes, but I didn't bring my phone. He got out his smartphone, took a selfie. He asked me for my number to send it to him, but then I confessed to not owning a phone at all (true, as I had thrown my phone into the east river in new york a several months earlier one night when I thought I was being followed by NSA agents).

>> No.13652073

two trailer park girls go round the outside

>> No.13652076

>>13652069
This was quite a ride
Is this chef john pasta?

>> No.13652084

>>13652069
(part 2)

He looked at me like i was crazy. He asked me why I lied about not bringing my phone when I didn't have one in the first place. I told him I didn't want him to think I was weird. I offered my email address. He wrote it down on his phone (and actually did send me the picture a few days later). Shortly after I thrust my copy of Chi Po and the Sorcerer into his hands and literally ran out of the bar. When I got outside I realized I forgot to pay. So I went back, put a 20 down on the bar counter and ran back. Not sure if he even noticed. Left my notebook there. Was too scared to go back for it. Ended up at another bar where I got incredibly drunk off of my favorite drink, 50% absinthe 50% prosecco. When I woke up I was sitting down in a BART station crying my eyes out, legs splayed like in anime. Some guy tapped me on the shoulder asked me if I was okay. I said yes and went back to my dorm. Eof.

>> No.13652092
File: 169 KB, 1920x1080, chipo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13652076
No it's real. I've posted this story before but never in this much detail. But if any anon is a "food wishes member" they could ask him about it at the next Q&A. This happened in December 2017.

>> No.13652107

>>>/tv/
>>>/trash/

>> No.13652143

>>13652069
why is this the name of a song?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VC3M95N/ref=dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

>> No.13652378

>>13652143
East river is a lot more convenient to get to (as a pedestrian) because of the brooklyn bridge and main ferry lines. For hudson river most people would have to go significantly out of their way.

>> No.13652407

Imagine having a chance to put your hand on Laura Vitale's ass and instead you decide to hover hand her like some 15 year old incel

>> No.13652412

>>13651934
Is chef john jewish?