[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 40 KB, 600x600, 2dd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13432293 No.13432293 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone else get anxious when they buy food at the grocery store? If I buy more than 6 things I feel like I have to commit to cooking all my meals or else I'm wasting money if it goes bad. I'm also a minimalist by nature and a full pantry or fridge just makes me uneasy, even though I know its cheaper to have food at home versus going to a convenience store or restaurant.

>> No.13432326
File: 30 KB, 367x720, 88lt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13432293
Anxious? No, I'm not a pussy.
And you feel like it's a waste of money if you don't cook all the food because it IS waste of money if you don't cook all the food.
Jesus Christ you sound insufferable. OP, the eternal fag.

>> No.13432339

>>13432293
just buy more non-perishables if you're so anxious

>> No.13432574

>>13432339
I like fresh food.

>> No.13432610

>>13432574
buy non-perishables until you are more skilled at using everything and therefore have less cause for anxiety

>> No.13432641

>>13432610
I just masturbated I'm not stressed anymore.

>> No.13432679

I usually plan a few meals that involve things that can last another week or so. Things like bacon and sausages are great. I'll also switch over sides to accommodate if I dont eat that dinner. Say I plan on having something like blts one night and another night baked chicken and mixed frozen veggies. I'll skip the BLT because the bacon holds up for a long time and use the fresh vegetables to make a salad instead of the veggies. I only cook 5 nights a week so generally I'll have at least one meal that can be switched up with no harm. If it's more than that I just freeze the meat I had planned for another night. Tge great thing is about once a month I end up with a cheap grocery day because I'll have a few meals I can throw together from the meats in the freezer and pantry staples.

>> No.13432703

>>13432679
Refuse to freeze meat, I'm not a boomer.

>> No.13432710

>>13432293
nah i just get standard autism anxious about being in public, case in point, the grocery store, but i feel like it seeps off of me and all i usually buy is vodka and saltines so i'm okay with it

>> No.13432726

>>13432703
Hate to break it to you zoomy but all the meat you eats been frozen. Just have a panicky attack everytime you shop instead like a faggot.

>> No.13432753

>go to supermarket
>chicken thigs on discount
>Great, gonna stock up
>grab a bag, it doesnt have a pricetag
>grab another bag, then another
>none have price tag
>final y find one with a tag
>it says prime steak and its 5 times the price of chicken
>braindead retard stocking some shit next to me, tell them about the prime steak chicken and asi him to weight me some thigs since none of them have tags
>he treats me like shit, grabs some bags, comes back and dumps them on me
>finally
>check tag
>no discount
>thank the retard with a smile, walk to the next aisle and dump it with the milk
>having a shitty cold sándwich for dinner tonight
>going back tomorrow for my Fucking chicken