Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/ck/ - Food & Cooking


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 26 KB, 549x550, 357.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12979934 No.12979934 [Reply] [Original]

what is the point of hot sauce that is too hot to have any real flavour?

>> No.12979940

>>12979934
For zoomers to show how cool and crazy they are

>> No.12979944

>>12979934
it's for literal faggots who love mouth and asshole torture

>> No.12979950

>>12979934
I have yet to try one that hot of course I've seen it memed on hot ones I think that that one in particular is gross

>> No.12979956

some people build heat resistance, some just like pain and the high you get from it

>> No.12979964
File: 285 KB, 1200x1178, faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12979964

>Why yes, I do have a large collection of hot sauces at home. How could you tell?

>> No.12979976

>>12979934
There are some practical uses. Imagine you are cooking a huge pot of chili and you want to adjust the heat without changing the flavor. As far as applying directly to food idk it’s oretty dumb to me.

>> No.12979981

>>12979976
Just cut up some fresh habanero for chili.

>> No.12980172

>>12979981
If you want to make the entire pot spicy youll need like 4 habaneros which you will smell/taste
I would because I like the taste, but if you didnt, something hotter is nice

>>12979934
I have that one and use it as a drop each on chicken nuggets
doesnt hit my nose/ears like habaneros/reapers do so good to switch it up

>> No.12980182

>>12979934
When I was in middle school my band teacher had this on his desk. He told us not to touch it. Naturally being a dumb 13 year old I picked it up and opened it because I wanted to smell it. At some point after that I must have rubbed my eyes, because holy shit they were searing. It was a bad day.

>> No.12981007

>>12979934

>what is the point

The point is, 30 year old men in glasses who grow beards only because they are completely bald will buy five or more bottles of hot sauce at once for the sake of a podcast about hot sauces that they will never, ever get around to making.

>> No.12981018

>>12979964
Doesn’t really make sense, soibois would probably be the ones making fun of this guy

>> No.12981026

>>12981007
This is the correct answer. These are the same choads that will sit and sip a flight of IPAs and judge them like they're peer-reviewing a Nobel Prize winning paper.

We need to bring back the draft.

>> No.12981044

I have a bottle of this. I can't use too much, obviously, but what I can handle isn't that bad. It does have after flavors that are nice, but you've gotta take the punishment before you can enjoy them. Shit doesn't play. Fucking burned my nose hairs off when I smelled it for the first time.

>> No.12981046

>>12981007
name 5 hot sauce podcasts

>> No.12981728

>>12981018
Fat whitetrash fucks love hot sauce. it makes perfect sense.

>> No.12982023
File: 124 KB, 640x631, hotsauce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12982023

>>12979934

>> No.12982085

>>12982023
it seems you forgot to bump
dont worry newfriend, it happens

>> No.12982095
File: 334 KB, 551x550, 1568706806905.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12982095

>>12979934
>butthurt about spicy food
>>12979944
>>12979964
>>12981007
Why can't you just let guys enjoy chili? Or do you think everyone likes lame shit that tastes like ketchup?

>> No.12982105
File: 88 KB, 464x436, hotsauce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12982105

>> No.12982130

>>12982105
kek saw this on twitter too

>> No.12982204

>>12982105
If you let the opinion of women or 4chan dictate what you eat you are the ultimate cuck.

>> No.12982231

I have some meme ghost pepper sauce in my cupboard. It’s not good for anything except getting wasted with my friends and watching them put a drop on a chicken wing or a piece of pizza.

>> No.12982242
File: 211 KB, 885x498, cover2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12982242

>>12979944
More of a CBT guy myself désù

>> No.12982249

>>12979934
There's nothing too hot to have any real flavor, so the actual heat level doesn't matter. The problem is that at higher levels they tend to just stop giving a shit because they don't expect anyone to taste it.

>> No.12982255

>>12982249
anything beyond habanero is a meme

>> No.12982258

>>12982249
You can have real flavour, but the heat will distract you and you will not taste it much.

>> No.12982283

>>12982255
Maybe to your baby palate. I grew up eating them and while good habanero sauce can be pretty hot it's no problem to cook with them regularly.
>>12982258
I disagree. Every person has a heat zone in which, if they are used to spicy food, the sinuses will be open and the mouth inflamed, making the flavors feel more intense. It works better with full-flavored foods though. Things with subtle tastes benefit less.

>> No.12982292

>>12982283
enjoy your burned out taste receptors tastelet

>> No.12982308

Wacky zany fun times haha

>> No.12982318

>>12982292
Whatever you say, bud. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy hot cheetos someday.

>> No.12982323
File: 97 KB, 453x732, (you).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12982323

>Whatever you say, bud. I'm sure you'll be able to enjoy hot cheetos someday.

>> No.12982345

>>12982283
Palette*

>> No.12982353
File: 30 KB, 600x600, death_wish_coffee_whole_bean_angle_17e011c9-8480-46d9-b438-b4a084439244_grande[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12982353

>>12979934
Hot peppers are almost psychoactive in a way because of how your body reacts to capsaicin. Some people probably like it for that, in a way that people like coffee for the caffeine or tobacco for the nicotine. Some people also just build up a tolerance and need something spicier, or want it for making big pots of food where they can add just a few drops for heat.

>> No.12982381

>>12982353
gay

>> No.12982399

>>12979934
For endorphins or pranks

>> No.12982405

>>12982381
no u

>> No.12982427

>>12979934
It's useful as an additive in small amounts (1-2 drops) for increasing the heat of a dish or sauce without altering the flavor.

>> No.12982433

>>12979934
To look cool or unique. It's just a bullshit "interest" in something as impractical as video games. Another man child hobby to indulge in since very few peppers after habanero actually taste good

>> No.12982828

>>12981007
>imagine all your opinions being recycled
4channel memes

>> No.12982913

>>12982353
This

>> No.12982924

>>12982353
>>12982913
You know we can see you samefagging in this thread, right?

>> No.12982990

>>12979934
you mix it with things. i have the regular maddog 357 ill put a drop or two in my marinara or ketchup or something depending upon what im eating cuz it adds a nice spicy smoky flavor

>> No.12984642

>>12982924
Are you this retarded ? im not same person you tool

>> No.12985189

>>12982323
this guy just mogged you at the club solely through his sheer presence, what do?

>> No.12985213
File: 530 KB, 1123x1677, Daves_Insanity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12985213

>>12979934
Nobody in their right mind just drinks that stuff, hot ones like Dave's Insanity are meant for adding a drop or two to other things like sauces, soups, or stews, or salsa, whatever. It's not meant to be used straight.

>> No.12985221
File: 275 KB, 326x743, 1543491883889.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12985221

>>12985213
dave's scorpion sauce is the perfect combo of the insanity 'so hot you can barely eat it' but also 'so tasty you have to put more than two drops'. its really problematic for my asshole.

>> No.12985233
File: 70 KB, 600x573, Groovy_Van-12832444_10153903163979019_3186701452236561635_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12985233

>>12982308
I have plenty of those in my groovy van

>> No.12985243

>>12985221
That one is pretty awesome, the only problem I have with it is that the bottles are small and it's expensive. I never see it in stores so those are a mail order job which adds to the expense.

>> No.12985252

>>12982433
sounds like alcohol

>> No.12985269

>>12985252
You're not wrong. Most alcohol tastes like shit

>> No.12985289
File: 32 KB, 327x403, tumblr_lidv4jWzZj1qzz5dx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12985289

>>12982283
>ha you prob can't even handle my hot sauces!
>have you tired Daves insanity?
>i can eat like 5 habeneros in a sitting!
>why doesn't anyone want to be around me?

>> No.12985295

usually i just add a little bit to things like spaghetti sauce to make the whole thing more spicy. no one ever uses super hot sauces like that in large amounts

>> No.12985301

>>12982427
>add 2 drops to 5gals of chili
>think you can taste it
Why do people pretend this is a thing?
It's as bad as the holistic medicine crowd pretending a tincture with 1/10000 of valerian root is anything but water.

>> No.12985402

>>12985289
Did tyron impress your gf with his hot souce collection instead of your assburger?

>> No.12985419

>>12985301
Some souces dont have much of The taste
But some have very strong flavor that dose change The taste
Also you can add cream or other milk based products to negate The heat leaving just the taste of the souce
Why do people pretend to know shit

>> No.12985424

Why does /ck/ think you can determine a man's sexuality, political affiliation and his whole personality from one food item he likes? Is it fun to hold such simplistic beliefs?

>> No.12985437

I don't understand hot sauce that has a lot of flavor, it just makes all your food taste the same.

>> No.12985467

>>12985424
because the only reason you would want to use sauces like this is to prove how manly you are for eating something so hot. basically people who cant express masculinity in a normal way will use it as a filler

>> No.12985491

tfw not making your own chilli sauces.
one of the cheapest simplest most rewarding cook skills

>> No.12985499

>>12985419
>souce
>The
>dose

>> No.12985588

>>12985301
5-15 drops would be more appropriate 5 gallons. I was talking about typical dishes, not catering batches you fucking retard.

>> No.12985595

>>12985289
Are you alright, anon? You seem to be in pain.

>> No.12985608

>>12979934
too make autistic faggots on this board seethe

>> No.12985616

>>12985499
Sorry English is not my native

>> No.12985619

>>12985243
They occasionally pop up at Albertsons but normally you gotta go to a novelty candy or hot sauce shop to get them regularly

>> No.12985625

>>12982924
I samefagged three hours later just to say "this"? Don't be retarded. If you think I did that because the number of posters in the thread didn't go up, that usually happens without samefagging because most people make multiple posts in a thread they're interested in. That's only definite proof early on in a thread if there are only multiple replies to OP but the number of posters doesn't match up for that. You can't really use it to tell after a thread has this many posts.

>> No.12985664

>>12985269
its also the what normalfaggots will try to pressure each other into and faggots will cave in
and then pretend it doesnt taste like shit

>> No.12985793

A 357. mag doesn't even look like that.

>> No.12986030

>>12979934
I feel like I don't understand masochistic fetishists, but then I realize I have that relationship with hot sauce. I'm just addicted to the pain and the heat

>> No.12986062

>>12985625
>falls for weak bait
>spergs the fuck out
You're fat.

>> No.12987449

>>12982242
spamming your weed addiction doesn't make you cool, anon

>> No.12987472
File: 857 KB, 500x500, 1542020892485.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
12987472

hotty hotty hurts my tummy
makes me want to call my mummy
she doesn't hear at all my pleads
big BVLL dick is all she needs
when I post another one
I will know when BVLL will come
hotty sauce will burn my tum
when chad will com on her bum
I better behave to my best
Or chad will shit again on my test

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action