[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

>> No.12889689
File: 32 KB, 661x601, 1296958741621.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.12890013

>>12889557
Superman does not fear kryptonite. Yes it kills him, but he's not scared of it.

>> No.12890116
File: 73 KB, 398x320, thatsbullshit5576.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Under the First Amendment, businesses should be able to use almost any word they want, as long as consumers understand what they are saying. People know that vegan burgers do not come from cows. That is why they are called 'vegan.'
plenty of people, especially mississippians, are stupid enough to think anything labeled as a 'burger' is made from meat no matter what other words are included.

>> No.12890128

Can the mods ban these vegans, please?

>> No.12890247

>>12889557
Mississippi passed a law earlier this year that banned labeling plant-based meat substitutes (veggie burgers, etc.) as "meat" or a "meat food product."
Seems logical.
>Today the Institute of Justice announced what appears to be a successful end to the fight. The Mississippi Department of Agriculture has withdrawn the regulations it proposed to enforce the law and introduced a new set of regulations.
Alright let's see what these new regulations are.
>Under the new proposal, it's still wrong for a plant-based food product to be labeled as "meat" or a "meat food product," but there will be exceptions for products that include an appropriate qualifying term on the label, such as "plant-based," "meatless," "vegetarian," or "vegan."
That's fine I guess. I would still support disallowing these products to be sold as "meatless bacon" or "vegetarian chicken" considering they are under no circumstances twistable in any way as chicken, bacon, meat or animal product. I could see lawyers arguing that "burger" has colloquially become accepted as a formed patty usually from meat but also meat substitute.

>> No.12890310

>notorious southern hate-state wants to sabotage vegans
What a surprise.

>> No.12890337

>>12889557
>be vegan
>still want to eat fake meat
Lol.