[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 351 KB, 680x455, 1475721411246.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11416233 No.11416233 [Reply] [Original]

>go to restaurant regularly
>they give me a free coke for being a regular valued customer
>feel awkward
>don't go there again for a whole year

Why did they have to do this to me bros? Autism thread? Tell me your similar stories bros

>> No.11416239

>go to restaurant often
>love their food
>cashier and this one cook there recognize me
>say hi to them when buying food
>they toss in some extra sauce and fries
>happily eat the extra food since im famished
>keep going there

wow, not hard being a socially autistic weirdo.

>> No.11416249

>>11416239
Fuck you

>> No.11416259

Oh hey they gave you a free soda that costs them less than a penny better sperg about it! Fucking idiot. You imbecile. Fool.

>> No.11416265

>>11416259
Fuck you too

>> No.11416284

It's ok OP, I know how you feel. I stopped going to a local Wendy's because the staff began to recognize me as a regular and one of the cashiers would flirt with me. I don't like getting that kind of attention from strangers. It's awkward. Those faggots calling you autistic are projecting.

>> No.11416291

>be a line cook
>foh always does shit that makes me feel awkward
>keep coming back every day because i need money to live alone and drink vodka in all my free time

>> No.11416377

>>11416233
Hey it's three for free!

>> No.11416421

>go to restaurant somewhat often
>waitress eventually recognizes me
>usually order the same thing
>one day she excitedly races over to my table and says "okay I got this!" and gets ready to write on her pad
>order something else
>she looks super disappointed and quietly walks away

>> No.11416429

>>11416284
Strangers? But they know you by name! That makes them family, and family you can fuck (the best kind of family) at that.

>> No.11416460

I'm actually pretty well known in my home town and every one knows me as the guy that always eats chicken parmigiana.
Normally when I order I sing a short song to the waitress about chicken parmigiana and the waitress gets a laugh out of it and my friends face palm.
This one time when I went to my regular restaurant the waitress bought over a couple of other workers to hear my song. I got all nervous and had to order a burger.
I really wanted a chicken parmigiana though.

>> No.11416591

>worked at McDs for a while
>gave people free shit all the time
>always wondered why people were weird about it
>fast forward a couple months ago
>at Wendy's drive through giving qt my free jr frosty coupon
>qt says "don't worry about it" and gives me one for free
>make awkward eye contact and take free frosty

I was one of those retards who got autism over free food

>> No.11416598

>yet another /ck/ is spineless thread
keep chuggin boys

>> No.11416606

>>11416421
You were supposed to order HER you fool!

>> No.11416684

>>11416377
Based

>> No.11416740

>>11416233
Why can't you just be happy they like you a lil bit? When I go to the fish and chip shop, the ol lady there sometimes gives me an extra fish or some potato cakes or even a slight discount. I just accept it happily. Once I was at an airport McDonald's really late and ordered a filet o fish and got one with like 5 patties, it was great, still remember it to this day.

Just be happy when good things happen anon. It's a good sign.

>> No.11416892

Regular discounts are amazing, when I still worked night shifts the pizza place near my job only charged $4 and some change every time I went no matter what I got

>> No.11416912

Sometimes I'll get a Senior Discount. I'm not old enough, but I don't argue. Money is money.

>> No.11417013

>working old restaurant job 3 years ago, go to jack in the box right next to our establishment damn near every day because I still lived with my parents and they never made breakfast
>order the same thing almost every time, the sausage egg & cheese biscuit combo w/ hash brown and OJ
>sometimes I don't have enough cash for the combo so I just order the biscuit by it self
>go through drive through one day and order just the biscuit by itself
>get to the window to pay and receive my food, Mexican cashier recognizes me because I would come in so often
>tells me he is giving me the combo meal for the price of the single item because I come in so often and am always polite to them
>this happens on multiple occasions
I would always address them as sir and never forget to say please and thank you, I guess they just liked me for some reason. I live in a different area now so I haven't been back in years but those fools hooked it up.

>> No.11417042

>>11416233
Feel the love, get back there and be a regular again.

Fuck the haters above.

>> No.11417076
File: 261 KB, 1039x559, 1527391570855.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wake up at noon
>no job
>play with peepee all day
>have mommy take me to raising canes
>smile as the wagies make my tendies
>slather the excess sauce on my balls
>watch cartoons on youtube
i enjoy life

>> No.11417105

>>11416284
Hey it's three for free!

>> No.11417108
File: 278 KB, 454x424, 1537427251279.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11416233
>tfw my sandwich guy's willingness to add extras & substitutions is the single source of human affection in my entire life
don't throw it away

>> No.11417114
File: 3 KB, 126x112, 1288575125903.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>there was this japanese style restaurant I used to frequent once a week, the price is almost cheap
>always ordered a rice bowl because they way they serve it is simply delicious and they serve a good portion of it with a glass of tea
>Is the only thing I order because nothing else looks appetizing
>one day I go and the same people as usual
>one of the waitress walk to me and said "you want to order the same thing?"
>i felt awkward and said yes
>didn't do a face or anything, she just walked away and came back with my order.
>i didn't come back
why does it feel awkward? i mean their fried rice bowl is the best thing no other place has served and i think nobody has told them that, is why i like that place but now i feel really autistic for only ordering the same thing. Always believed it was nice having to have a place where you could just walk in and order the usual like in my cartoons, but i think the way she said it made me feel like i was irritating her. It's been two years and they probably closed that place already