[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 82 KB, 640x553, Big_Mac_hamburger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10429527 No.10429527 [Reply] [Original]

I've never consumed a Big Mac in my entire life. Is it worth the money? I'm not really impressed by McDonald's and think it's all crap.

>Change my mind

>> No.10429542

I remember the first time I experienced the divine construct that is the Big Mac. The starch, the protein, the vegetables, the condiments, all in perfect symmetrical balance with each other. Bite after voluptuous bite I questioned how I had managed to come as far in life as I had up until that very moment.

I couldn't help myself, I had long since begun to cry at the overwhelming emotions I was experiencing from this ordeal. I rolled myself over to the front of the store, before going around the counter into the kitchen. The employees seemed shocked to see me at first, but I quickly eased their apprehension when I asked to shake each and every one of their hands, tears still glistening on my cheeks. Every hand I took into my own, I leaned forward and kissed before thanking the individual for doing the Lord's bidding on Earth.

There is a God, and He does love us. The Big Mac will forever be proof of this for me.

>> No.10429543

>>10429527
It's cheap enough you can just buy one to try it.

It goes in all fields.

>> No.10429545

>>10429527
As far as fast food burgers go it is one of the better ones, but that's not exactly a high hurdle.

>> No.10429546

>Is it worth the money?
No, but the Grand Mac is. If they aren't serving that I recommend you just leave and buy nothing.

>> No.10429551

>>10429542
Hmm alright not bad but not enough to convince me

>> No.10429557

>>10429543
But why though?

>> No.10429564

>>10429545
As compared to? Like a whopper or something never had one of those either actually. Family was poor and I never got to get one.

>> No.10429566

>>10429546
Servings aren't super relevant but like how much more would I be getting?

>> No.10429571

>>10429542
You did make that sound not bad though, perhaps you should work in advertising.

>> No.10429580

>>10429527

I party with Big Mac every now and then. It's literally all I get, no fries or sodas or anything. When I'm not feeling as adventurous, I just get the Mac Jr. Same thing, just a smaller size.

Look at it this way, OP:

It's like the closest thing you'll get to a Krabby Patty. It's fast food, not super time-consuming to make, and it seems everybody loves them, except for those that haven't tried it. It actually looks better in person, but maybe that's because my closest McDonald's isn't a shithole, so take that as you will.

It's really just something that you have to try and see for yourself what the hype is all about. That's literally it.

>> No.10429590

>>10429580
Hmm thanks for the info and nice sponge bob reference made me think of the episode where squidward was stuffing his face,I'm actually starting to consider eating one. Maybe

>> No.10429609

Thanks you guys might try one soon

>> No.10429628

>>10429543
Hey
You spelled SAGE wrong
Faggot

>> No.10429639

>>10429527
>who are you quoting

>> No.10429643

>>10429527
It's fine if you're expecting fast food shit. But if you've actually made burgers you'll immediately recognize the meat is both dry and flavourless; relying entirely on condiments to make up for that

>> No.10429679

>>10429527
the sauce is overpowering and kinda gross. Just go for a double quarter pounder.

>> No.10429709

>>10429527
no never order, it is absolutely disgusting

>> No.10429719

>>10429566
A big Mac has 3.2oz of beef while the grand has I think a third of a pound of beef.

>> No.10430106

>>10429527
I would enjoy the big mac if it wasn't for that fucking middle bun
There is no good goddamn reason for it to be there

>> No.10430111

its not worth it, i ate mcdonalds and burger king one day apart.

the big mac is really small to begin with, the meat patty is pathetic, and you get more salad than anything else in it.

literally any other restaurant is better, burger king was just nearby but even checkers has better burgers

>> No.10430153

You don't realize just how much you take the Big Mac or any burger for that matter for granted until you've spent two weeks in India. That Dubai Airport halal beef McDonalds was one of the best burgers I had in my life.

>> No.10430176
File: 43 KB, 470x500, Burger_GrillBurger_Half-Flamethrower.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>fall in love with the Dairy Queen Flamethrower
>get one every week
>spicy meaty goodness
>move to new town
>immediately check to see nearest Dairy Queen
>go to get one of my coveted Flamethrowers
>the menu is...small
>the menu only consists of ice cream and a few bullshit snack like foods they obviously microwave
>the closest full Dairy Queen is an an hour away
Why should I not kms right now?

>> No.10430178

>>10429527
It depends entirely on your actual location. Big Macs all over the world have a distinguishable flavour that is linked to your location's standard quality for meat and vegetables.
I recommend you to travel the world to taste a variety of Big Mac flavours.

>> No.10430184

>>10429679

>double quarter pounder
Do this. Fuck the Big Mac.

>> No.10430248

>>10429527
A fresh Mc chicken is pretty good.

>> No.10430267

>>10429527

It's $3-$4. If you can't afford to spend $4 on something new that you may or may not like, you don't even need to ask.

>> No.10430935

>>10430106
I agree: the 'club' layer in the middle, while an iconic piece of the Big Mac, also ruins it as a sandwich. You take a bite, half of it begins to slide out.

By the way, the OP image (from Wikipedia) is an imposter, or someone needs teaching how to make one again, because another horrific thing about the Big Mac is that the cheese is UNDER the bottom beef patty. Go ahead, check for me. No, I don't know why.

>> No.10430937

>>10429679
>>10430184
why don't they just call it a half pounder?

>> No.10431196

Tried a Big Mac about a month ago, shredded lettuce and big mac sauce are what make it good. Just annoying since it doesn't stay together due to the sauce, you'll probably have to fix it after every few bites.

>> No.10431219

Big mac is shit, real men eat a crispy mcbacon

>> No.10433372

>>10429542
How's life on the spectrum?

>> No.10433396

>>10429527
a burger on top of half a burger. the only way you know you're eating a big mac vs. a quarter pounder is the ketchup on the qp.

>> No.10433412
File: 37 KB, 420x294, 0ebb16156cf79147835086291b71ac93.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10429527
I don't understand why you would the idea that anyone else gives a shit what you like or don't like.

>> No.10433419

>>10429527
Not really worth it. You're paying for the brand recognition they've drilled into your head with a catchy jingle. You're just getting the same amount of meat as the double cheeseburger that costs half as much with an extra slab of white bread to pad it out and a swipe of creamy sauce that you can get on anything else on the menu if you special order.

>> No.10433464

>>10429527
>is it worth the money
It's a fucking big mac from McDonalds. Is this seriously something you needed to think about financially? Holy fucking shit dude

>> No.10433476

>>10429527

It's pretty good, probably one of the best things at McDonalds. I don't go there often but ocasionally I'll get a craving for a Big Mac and have to swing by. Give it a shot imo, also the secret sauce is just may and mustard and ketchup mixed together with some relish in it.

>> No.10433518

>>10429527
>I've never consumed a Big Mac in my entire life.
You're not missing much.

>> No.10433533
File: 62 KB, 600x600, 1446727113-0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10429527
I lived that life for years, anon. I spent trip after trip abstaining, going for the Big N Tasty, getting mcdoubles, pies, etc. I thought I was too good for it honestly. I thought I was too fucking good for such a sandwich. I thought "oh, I'm sure it's not that great" and thought I was some kind of counter-ordering original, but then one day I went out on a limb, I stepped out of my comfort zone and took a risk and now that I didn't I couldn't turn back if I wanted to and I don't know why I would ever would.

I don't eat a lot of fast food, Anon, I'm not some fat disgusting piece of shit, I'm pretty lean and muscular, eat a regular diet of home cooked meals, etc, but I've experienced the greatness and now when I wind up at McDonald's I get the big mac. It's easy. It's good. It has earned it's reputation as the King of the fast food burger. Maybe it's not the "best" but it's an icon, and it's got the substance to back it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzj4gHuH2LA

>> No.10433586 [DELETED] 

>>10433533
I was at a $20/night hostel in Little Havana. I awoke in a haze of pain and confusion with an stomach after a night of puking up uncooked alligator, shitty tacos, a medicore Goose Island IPA and OTC sleeping pills. I stepped outside into the heat and sunshine of the day and made my way down to the little cafe down the street. After the Cafe Cubano I stared at my empanada and decided "I can't eat shit right now" and threw it away. I went back to the hostel, got back in bed and tried to sleep a bit longer feeling very ill.

A bit later that afternoon, my Italian friend and I decided it was time to try to eat something. We made our way down, on foot, to the nearest McDonalds. On the street where the McDonald's was there was some kind of Street Fair (Calle Ocho, I found it was called) and I was absolutely disgusted by everything. Hispanics everywhere, fat as hell wearing next to nothing, that loud reggaeton beat ferociously blasting - completely unforgiving, the flags of all Latin countries plastered everywhere; "are we even in America anymore" I wondered to myself, and then, like an oasis in a desert of shit, the golden arches appeared.

The inside of the place was fucking wild. These trashy people were swarming everywhere taking a break from their little third-world fair. When I finally was able to communicate my order to the non-english speaking cashier, I ordered a grand big mac meal, extra large everything and in all of this madness, in all of this Cuban/Puerto Rican chaos, I found comfort - a little slice of America in a hispanic hell. The Glory of the Big Mac. Made me feel 10x's better.

>> No.10433596
File: 141 KB, 1920x1080, realmayo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10429527
It used to be. But 6 bones for a sangwhich isn't.

Just use the McDonald's app and for your first order you get a $1 burger. Try it out.

>> No.10433612

I've built these from scratch at home. The best part is the microfine diced onion that's mixed in with their salad dressing in with the lettuce. Nothing else really matters. They're pounded flat burgers patties with a bunch of fucking bread. Onion with their salad dressing and meat. Simple.

>> No.10433615

I was at a $20/night hostel in Little Havana. I awoke in a haze of pain and confusion with an empty stomach after a night of puking up uncooked alligator, shitty tacos, a medicore Goose Island IPA and OTC sleeping pills. I stepped outside into the heat and sunshine of the day and made my way down to the little cafe down the street. After the Cafe Cubano I stared at my empanada and decided "I can't eat shit right now" and threw it away. I went back to the hostel, got back in bed and tried to sleep a bit longer feeling very ill.

A bit later that afternoon, my Italian friend and I decided it was time to try to eat something. We made our way down, on foot, to the nearest McDonalds. On the street where the McDonald's was there was some kind of Street Fair (Calle Ocho, I found it was called) and I was absolutely disgusted by everything. Hispanics everywhere, fat as hell wearing next to nothing, that loud reggaeton beat ferociously blasting - completely unforgiving, the flags of all Latin countries plastered everywhere; "are we even in America anymore" I wondered to myself, and then, like an oasis in a desert of shit, the golden arches appeared.

The inside of the place was fucking wild. These trashy people were swarming everywhere taking a break from their little third-world fair. When I finally was able to communicate my order to the non-english speaking cashier, I ordered a grand big mac meal, extra large everything and in all of this madness, in all of this Cuban/Puerto Rican chaos, I found comfort - a little slice of America in a hispanic hell. The Glory of the Big Mac. Made me feel 10x's better. Maybe it was just eating that made me feel better, but that meal was perfect.