[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 139 KB, 858x718, MR DEWED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10308305 No.10308305 [Reply] [Original]

I'm going on a little Amazon food spree. I've been buying lots of hot sauces recently and I want to try more that I cannot find in local stores. I already have several types of Cholula (my fav all purpose), Tapatio, Vark (testing the meme, it's not bad), and I am ordering some Crystal, Marie Sharp's, and some MSG seasoning.
What other little odds and ends should I try? Any other all-purpose seasonings or sauces? I like seasonings and sauces.

>> No.10308374

You might enjoy checking out a new condiment or two. My favorite steak sauces: Lizano from Costa Rica, Pickapeppa from Jamaica. I love the Hellman's curried mayonnaise and use it as a roasted chicken dip, on a sandwich, or in egg, pasta or potato salads.

My favorite cooking/breading/marinating spice blends to add to the spice cupboard:
Lawry's just good on home fries, blackened seasoning for chicken on top of alfredo or to blacken fish, italian grinder from spice islands kicks up the salt and herb topping on pastas at table or on baked breads, 5 spice powder can go into stir fry sauces or chicken breading or folded into chutneys like canned cranberrries, za'atar herb blend is amazing with a little olive oil spread on flatbread and toasted until sesames pop or used in meat marinades for a little tart and herby mediterranean meal. Chili paste without garlic, sambal oleek, is good in dipping sauces, marinades, and everywhere you want to add heat minus that cloying bottled garlic taint that ruins sriracha. They make powdered shake-on dry blends now beyond the Mrs Dash range, from powdered cheese and ranch for popcorn that can be added to panko or small amounts of mayo or sour cream for dip. Inglehoffer full grain mustard is a must have for pretzels and sandwiches. Tony Cacheres cajun seasoning is great to pour into flour for seasoned dredging of pork chops, some cubed steak or whatnot.

Do you grill? The jerk pork rub from Badia is cheap and if you coat a pork loin roast or roasted turkey breast, just amazingness. Leftovers are great on sandwiches.