[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 66 KB, 630x538, d0f89d138ceab9b662f6ecc864bd094b--persona--anime-girls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9709508 No.9709508 [Reply] [Original]

I hope senpai DOESNT notice me today

>> No.9709523

God damn it, not these fucking thread wars again
Crossboarders get out.

>> No.9709525

tfw it feels like forever since we had a nice feels thread without crossboarders

>> No.9709526
File: 14 KB, 332x327, 1467719212529.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>other feels thread goes up first
>people screeching in the thread that went up later about 'thread wars' and crossboarders

>> No.9709597

>>9709508
Rise a shit
Naoto a best

>> No.9709637

>ex boyfriend offers to buy you burando
it's a complicated feel

>> No.9709642

>>9709637
What a dumbass,
I'd rather burn my money than buy my ex gf brand.

>> No.9709648

>>9709642
well I guess we don't really have the typical ex SO situation going on, he made it pretty clear that he's still in love with me
but yeah, he's probably just a good hearted dumbass

>> No.9709653

>>9709648
I get it, we men are dumbasses at times, hoping that we can use currency into buying out our short coming or mistakes and trying to start/repair a meaningful relationship. Hopefully this dude will drop the whole friendship act and realize it's not worth.

>> No.9709654

>>9709648
Why did you break up with him?

>> No.9709656

>>9709653
*it

>> No.9709664

>>9709654
well, it's kind of a long story
but basically he was abusive towards me, the relationship just really messed me up
he's also the only friend/person I really talked to I had for the past 6 years or so though, so I was too scared of completely cutting contact, even though I know it's stupid as fuck
I'm just depressed as fuck now and he wants to do anything to make me a bit happier again now I guess

>> No.9709669

>>9709664
I'm sorry anon. Personally I wouldn't accept his gifts but that's just me. Especially because he was abusive towards you be careful and make sure he doesn't try to guilt you with anything.

>> No.9709670

>>9709669
Yeah, I don't really want to owe him anything
As pathetic as it sounds brand really does cheer me up though, but I also know that it's just a stupid material thing and that it's not really worth it...

>> No.9709673

>>9709664
Some guys will use that shit into self validating themselves that they made amens "yea I treated her like shit, but I bought her that new A/P Holy Lantern JSK so everythings good" So telling him to fuck off the is best course to get hurt again.

I'm a man and this is how some guys think.

>> No.9709674

>>9709670
It's ok, I think brand cheers up a lot of anons here myself included. But even if it makes you happy you'd probably be happier if you weren't really interacting with him.

Do you have any means to buy it yourself?

>> No.9709678

>>9709637
Damn not even my boyfriend buys me stuff. I don't want/need anything expensive, but a surprise with like a KitKat bar or a new lipstick or something every once in a while would be nice :/

>> No.9709679

>>9709673
>>9709674
Yeah, I know that telling him to fuck off and cutting all contact would probably be the best thing to do, but I already feel crippelingly lonely and he's the only... acquaintance I have, plus I feel like he's the only person who would even manage to put up with me

I do make some money but my family isn't well off financially, so right now I pretty much give all of my spending money to them
I've already sold most of my brand except for some pieces I'd really love to keep

>> No.9709680

>>9709678
I can be your new bf

>> No.9709719

>>9709679
Join the Lolita channels in Discord
>>9709680
Stop making us seem desperate.

>> No.9709727

>tfw no bf to show my cosplay to

>> No.9709749

>>9709679
>plus I feel like he's the only person who would even manage to put up with me
manipulative abusers often persuade their victims that they're useless, couldn't survive without them, no-one else would put up with them, etc. be careful.

>> No.9709764

>>9709749
They also tend to seek out people that aren't exactly doing great in life as well. It sounds like anon isn't doing too well. Probably should work on their own life first before thinking about it.

>> No.9709868 [DELETED] 
File: 15 KB, 233x270, crying_forever.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw gf doesn't give me enought affection

>> No.9709882 [DELETED] 

>>9709679
You sound similar to someone I know, do you have a side guy besides the abusive bf? Just wondering.

>> No.9709884

>>9709679
No, don't believe it. Go out, try new activities, try a new course, download tinder whatever, but don't go back to this guy. If he was abusive, he'll keep on being abusive. Don't get lured, there are a thousands of people out there which you don't know and probably could be a perfect match for you.

>> No.9709984

>>9709508
Rise is best, anyone who says otherwise is a jealous fatty

>> No.9709989

@ all the comments encouraging her to be a single independent lady.

I'm a guy who bought his now ex gf a bunch of lolita stuff (baby the stars shine bright), dress, shoes, stockings, and accessories to boot. I was planning on giving it to her at our 3 year anniversary(later that month I bought the dress and things in secret a month prior) and after buying a plane ticket to see her (we currently live apart) she broke up with me.

I've been hanging onto this fucking dress for 6 months and i've tucked it away but even though i'm not like INTO lolita i was into her interests and miss her dearly.
We aren't talking now.

Honestly half of me just wishes we could talk and clear the air, but i guess she needs more time.

Sorry for the long feels post.

Anyways if I saw her hurting and down I would definitely do anything in my power to help her feel better.
Not all guys are out to just slide back into your DM's. It's not some beta mentality. She was my best friend and i'm 100% certain that he was your best friend as much as you were his.

Love isn't a game so I get kind of ticked off when 3rd parties who aren't involved can dilute others opinions about their own relationship.

While I'm not sure the extent of the abuse she's mentioning, it's possible he was just being immature and needed some growing up to do. Maybe she does too.

Good luck to both of you. I am friends with 2 of my exes (out of like 12 different exes) and we get a long swimmingly.

>> No.9709992

>>9709508
>tfw fiance still broke up with me
>finally nearing my first week of it
>tfw Ive lost like 5 pounds so far

Thank god being depressed makes me not hungry, Im feeling so good about this im going to keep it up.

That said Im not being dumb, I am drinking plenty of water and every now and I again I managed to eat just a bit.

>tfw I will become the kawaii lolita
>tfw I will still be lonely

>> No.9709993

>>9709989
Listen, it sounds like you're a good guy and did no harm in your situation, but whether or not he was just being immature.. He was still abusive, and she was still abused. Which means making amends isn't really a healthy thing to do for her mentally/and or physically.

True, we are third parties, but telling her to give her abuser a chance when she is already seeking anyONE to be friends with and has low self-esteem (most likely due to him), does not sound good at all.

>> No.9709994

>>9709992
Are you the one who said she was a bit heavy? Rebound with me pls

>> No.9709996

>>9709994
Yeah thats me, the only thing keeping me going is that im finally getting used to not eating so much.

I was trying to eat less and work out before but it wasnt doing too much, but now Im starting to shed. God I cant wait to be the weight I use to be.

Why should I rebound with you though? Seriously give me a good reason, I am easy to please.

>> No.9709998

>>9709996
We can work towards out fitness goals together, I'll hold your hand and I'll bring you on cute dates while you wear lolita

>> No.9709999

>>9709989
Healthy relationships don't involve cutting off all contact with other people. Anon clearly has low self esteem and getting back together with an ex who abused her is not good for her.

I hope that you find something to do with all that brand. If holding onto it is painful you could always sell it.

>> No.9710000

>>9709998
Welp works for me, Idk man if you seriously want to talk to an overweight lolita with 2 dogs, graduating soon and looking to live her life in Japan teaching, shoot me (like for real I hate life)

>> No.9710006

>>9710000
Mailed you

>> No.9710013

>>9710006
I mailed you back

>> No.9710031

>>9709993
i totally agree, I should've said in my post clearly not to go back into a terrible abusive situation. She made it sound like she thought well of him though and i took that into consideration. You're right though, abuse is abuse.

>>9709999
I agree with healthy mindsets not including cutting all contact off with another person.
With all the brand (i think i spent 300$ total on everything it's cute red dress red shoes, white stockings, dress has strawberries on it) i honestly am just holding onto it. I feel like selling it or giving it away would be like giving away my last bit of hope for me and ex to eventually clear the air and maybe find another spark. Don't get me wrong i'm not just sitting on my hands waiting. But it's still a strange feeling to get rid of our stuff.
Thought i was going to marry this girl.

Sigh.

For anyone reading this emo thread please take my word for it and always pursue progress in your personal life and be real with each other. If I could go back i'd be a better version of me. This shit reminds me that even 6 months later i'm still struggling with the ghosting.

>> No.9710101
File: 97 KB, 310x464, 1492805464803.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw whenever a con comes up my old eating disorder habits begin to kick in, no matter what weight i am

>> No.9710133

>been into asian culture since middle school
>went to anime conventions on the regular
>so many cute oppas
>when I grow up I will have them all to myself and pick the best one
>will stay at home and make bibimbap while he works on wall street
>freshman in college
>kpop becomes popular
>thots move in on my oppas
>being a white girl into asian guys is no longer a statistical advantage

who is responsible for this?

>> No.9710163
File: 13 KB, 261x193, 1499893659017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>work at normie clothing store
>girl in lolita walks in with her friend
>manager asks me "what the fuck is she wearing"
>explain to her
>manager is aware of "harajuku fashion"
>manager asks why anyone would wear that outside of a convention
>explain to her
>still doesn't get it
>tell her I own the same type of clothing
>asks me "but what do the boys think"
>die inside

If you're reading this, the rest of us thought you looked amazing.

>> No.9710191

>>9710101
what weight are you though?

>> No.9710215

>>9710191

I'm 5'4, at 124 lbs.
At my lowest I was 5'2 an 89.
At my highest I was 5'4 and 135.

I became bulimic at around 6th grade, and although I've mainly stopped, I still feel urges when cons come around.

>> No.9710387

>>9709989
You should sell the dress. She won't want it because it's from you and refers to your past relationship together. If she really wants that dress she will get it for herself. I think when you are ready to really let her go, you should sell the dress. You're holding onto because it's "her".

>> No.9710391
File: 4 KB, 225x225, 24067933_1767216636645194_853236943563669838_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That feel when nothing is coming together to let you afford thing you both need and want, and when you will have funds it'll go directly to paying off debt and buying gifts for other people that aren't going to reciprocate.

>> No.9710414

>>9709648

>Still in love with me

No anon, he just thinks he still has control over you. Kick him to the curb and make sure he never has the means to contact you again. Block his number, block his sorry ass on all social media and get a restraining order if you have to. Find someone who will treat you like a fucking queen.

>> No.9710419

ITT: Jelly bitches who don't want a cute girl to get free burando

>> No.9710420

>>9710031

This might sound crazy, but why not give a part of it to the abused gull with no brand left? Yes it sucks that you'd be putting the relationship with your ex to bed, but it'd be good for you, and you'd be helping out someone else who is down on their luck. I honestly do think you need to let the things go, regardless of whether you sell it on or give it away.

I could say all sorts of things to make you feel better, like maybe she thought she was doing you a favour or something by breaking it off before you met. But there's no way of knowing and all you can do is to put yourself first and help yourself to grow and be a better person for the next person who comes along and deserves everything you have to give. You will find happiness, anon.

>> No.9710428

>>9709749
>>9709764
I know that's probably a part of it, but then at the same time I just really don't feel like I have a lot to offer, partially because I'm just so depressed all the time now. It feels like a shitty cycle, being lonely makes me feel even more depressed but then I'm too depressed to actually feel like I could provide a good friendship for anyone...

>>9709884
Thank you anon, I really appreciate it ;_;
It always feels like he changed now, but that's probably me just being stupid and naive... I'm also always afraid that he would become abusive towards me again, it just seems to scary to potentially not have anyone in my life - but I guess being alone would be better than being abused.

>>9710414
Thank you too anon, it is painful to hear but you're probably right... Ever since I broke up with him he has treated me better than all the years we've been together, so I wanted to think that maybe he changed now/realized his mistakes, but maybe it's just a tactic to lure me in again or something...
It just hurts really hurts to accept that someone you've worshipped and loved for years doesn't really care for you as much, I guess.

Thank you for everyone who gave feedback on this situation, it feels really good to actually share it with someone. I'll try to be strong and keep moving on. ;_;
Also I'm really sorry for the anon who's in a similar situation, thank you for giving your perspective on the whole thing, it's much appreciated - I wish you very good luck too!

>> No.9710439

>Off topic
I've been lying to everyone in my life for near on 5 years now while trying to fix shit by myself and get my life on track, but I'm going to have to come clean in the next few days and I don't know how to handle it. I was going to confide in my bestie tonight but I pussied out again, ugh.
>On topic
Bought my dream dress as a reward for something but fucked it up and now it's been sitting unopened in my wardrobe for a month and a half reminding me how useless I am.

>> No.9710442

>>9710439

how big a lie anon? it might not be as bad as you think

>> No.9710449

>>9710442
Been struggling with academic anxiety for the past 8 years or so but haven't told anyone other than a professional, but everyone expects me to be graduating uni and going on to my master's this year, instead they're putting me on meds and I'll have to repeat subjects again.
On top of that previous SI will probably be aggravated by new meds but I've been lying to my psych about that too so I don't end up in hospital, I don't know why I do this shit to myself.

>> No.9710451

>>9710133
>pro-tip#1
In the melting pot that is the dating game asian men drew the short end of the stick, nobody fucking wants us
>pro-tip#2
We tend to resent asian girls because of how they treat us in our youths and only see us as the option to settle down with, "acting asian" is a turn off for us
>pro-tip#3
We carry lots of baggage and our moms are usually cunts
>pro-tip#4
Good luck

>> No.9710460

>>9709678
Same. I'm the easiest person in the world to buy presents for and have online wishlists out the wazoo with stuff ranging from €0,50 crafting materials to €500 dresses. Instead he just takes me out for a walk in the park on my birthday and a few weeks later buys a huge tv "for the both of us" even though I don't watch tv and didn't want one. It's not even the money, it's the fact that he never acknowledges that I have my own hobbies or interests. The only wrapped present he has ever given me was a cookbook. I hate cooking.

>> No.9710463

>>9710133
Yourself for having unrealistic expectations

>> No.9710465
File: 17 KB, 400x400, tipsboater.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be tall girl
>always get approached by trap-chasers
>tfw guys only like me when they think I have a winky

>> No.9710468

>tfw no Mad Max buddies to build a whole fleet of four-wheeled post-apocalyptic war machines and outfits with

>> No.9710469
File: 33 KB, 480x270, Cu6CuP7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710468
>tfw no immortan jane gf

>> No.9710497

>>9710419

Bitch, abuse isn't a game. I got a friend who had a dude that ussd gifts as leverage with her family so they would shame her into spending time with him. Shit's hella fucked and if she has no other friends to look after her then she could fall into the exact same cycle.

>> No.9710523

>>9710465
>tfw no tall gf (female)

>> No.9710534

>>9710133
Who were your oppas tho ? Because those who were popular in middle school are not the same as those who are popular now

>> No.9710535

>>9710133
>Thinking that if you find an Asian guy cute enough to obsess over, that other white koreaboos won't do the same

>> No.9710541

>>9710449
I wouldn't worry too much about not graduating, Anon. It may seem like a big deal now, but really there are plenty of people who struggle with those things. It doesn't mean you're dumb or a dropout or useless. You're at a critical time in your life and just working through some things, and that's fine! I have a friend who graduated college at 28 and is now a nurse at one of the top neurology wards in the country. No one ever looked down on her or judged her for it, rather we were all happy for her forworking hard at what she really wanted to do. Your friends will understand completely.
Your psychiatrist, too, is there to help you, but they can't help if you lie to them. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just tell the truth and you'll feel a lot better, and you'll have one big thing less on your already crowded plate. Good luck Anon, I know you can do it!

>> No.9710544

>>9710465
>love tall women
>don't know any

>> No.9710553

>tfw at work
>see a girl wearing an old bodyline skirt, with a t shirt, no petit, and sneakers
>compliment her on her skirt because I was young too, once
>looks at me, says "thanks" in the most annoyed voice
>respect your fucking elders

>> No.9710555

>>9710553
No petti* fuck

>> No.9710557
File: 38 KB, 499x338, 1501803946775.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry for the incoming rant, I just don't have anyone else to talk to.

>barely qualified to be a junior in college, already graduating a semester late with a degree I like but don't feel accomplished getting
>lose toxic friends at the start of the year but they were also literally my only friends so now I have no one
>been unemployed for a year despite applying to countless places
>struggling with severe depression and weight gain but now I'm so stressed I'm not hungry so I'm a bit pleased I might be losing weight
>everything this year has not worked out to the point where it's funny
>for example, try to join a new club at college in order to make friends, club ends up shutting down after the first session
>try to join another club that requires an interview, get an email saying they will let me know when they are holding interviews, never get an email back even though it's been 3 months
>try to join a sport but the only time they hold practice conflicts with my schedule

Recently:
>finally get a bit of hope when an ex asks me to do a translation for some weeb thing into my native language
>apply to the same company after the project in hopes they will hire me as an editor
>a month later finally hear back from the president via my ex that someone in the company made a mistake on their website and they aren't actually editors
>frustrated at my degree because while I like it, it's not what I want to be doing and what I want to be doing I can't pass the pre-reqs for so it doesn't matter
>as a result of that, can't find an internship in the industry I'm interested in as an undergrad because of my degree

/cgl/:
>go to local anime con alone for the most part
>first day meet up with someone I slightly knew from the few times I went to the anime club at my college
>it's awkward and I'm too depressed to fake having fun
>spend the rest of the weekend alone
>feel depressed for not being able to befriend a single person there

pls kill me

>> No.9710558

>>9710557
>aren't actually hiring editors*

I just want to be cute and cosplay and be happy but every time I try it never works out and right now I'm trying to focus on bettering myself but it's hard when you're overweight and want to die every second.

>> No.9710559

>>9710553
Ugh I hate this.
>Young girl carrying book from series that I was obsessed with as a kid
>"Hey I love that series! I've never seen anyone else reading them before!"
>"...Uhhh... Ok...."

Sorry bitch I was just trying to make a positive connection. I forgot no one does that anymore.

>> No.9710561

>>9710553
>>9710559
What, you don't remember being in your teens and being annoyed by random old people you don't know trying to talk to you about stuff?
I sure as fuck do.

>> No.9710564

>getting into anime again for the first time in years
>mostly shitty anime I used to watch long ago as a little teeny weeblet
>spend hours searching for fanart of husbando, listen to OST every moment of the day, develop shitty self-insert fanfic in my head
>just spent several hours looking for patterns and fabrics for a cosplay even though I don't go to cons and have nowhere to wear it or anyone to wear it with
>only happy when watching/fantasizing about animu, miserable whenever real life momentarily snaps me out of it
>realize that this happened twice before, years ago
>both times were the start of a spiral into suicidal depression
>oh
>should probably bring this up to psychologist but too embarrassed about my shitty taste in anime

>> No.9710566

>>9710561
Nayrt but when I was a teen I was excited to talk (even if only for a few minutes) with someone who had the same interests as me, and I never frowned when people complimented my ita shit.

>> No.9710567

>>9710564
I don't think you have to tell your therapist the intricate details of your interest in anime if you're embarrassed about it, it's not the point anyway. Please talk to them if you're worried about relapse.

>> No.9710579

>>9710564
Let me save you the money anon.

Anonsan, what is it you feel the need to escape from? We all go to familiar comfortable spaces in our minds when we are retreating from reality. What are you hiding from when you watch safe, predictable stories? Does your depression come from anime, or is it the security blanket you unconsiously went to?
What benefit does the older anime have over the newer ones for you? Nostalgia?

>> No.9710608

>face minor setback
>I can't, I can't, I can't
Everytime

>> No.9710612

>>9710559
have you considered the possibility of her just being shy?

i know i've probably come off as rude/cold/weird to people who try to spark actual conversation with me about what i'm doing or wearing because the moment a stranger tries to talk to me i'm a puddle of anxiety. assuming the worst in people isn't good for you imo

>> No.9710640

>>9710567
I'm too embarrassed to even admit to my parents that I'm rewatching anime from when I was 12, and I can't think of a way to bring it up to my psych that doesn't make me cringe myself to death.

>>9710579
>what is it you feel the need to escape from? daily life
>What are you hiding from when you watch safe, predictable stories?
my failures
>Does your depression come from anime, or is it the security blanket you unconsiously went to?
security blanket
>Nostalgia?
yes

>bonus: are you an autist
gosh can you tell

I guess I want to be that carefree 12-year-old weeb with the promising future again, instead of a depressed late twenties NEET who's going nowhere in life. The anime also prominently features friendship and I like to fantasize about having that many close friends because IRL I only have my bf, who ignores me half the time. Only in fantasy weebland can I be successful and popular. God, I'm pathetic.
At least I realize it this time and am not going full otakukin/chuuni. Last time I ended up cutting and coloring my hair like one of the characters. I brought pictures of cosplayers wearing realistic character wigs to the hairdresser. She disregarded half of my instructions and the end result looked like shit. It took me years to grow my hair back out.

Would it be possible to channel this shit into something more realistic and productive? Obviously I can't be a superpowered ninja (cringe) in real life, but maybe I can find a realistic slice-of-life anime about normal young adults and let that motivate me. Come up with a self-insert that's good at sewing and runs an online store or something. Something attainable.
That probably wouldn't work, though. It's missing the nostalgia and escapism factors and those are the biggest draw. Ugh.

Is it possible to build a career on shitty self-insert fanfic?

>> No.9710645

>>9710640
wow I can't even greentext correctly

>> No.9710654

> get sheglit dress for new years with grandpa and extended family
> grandpa gets very sick
> will probably die
> new years party is obviously cancelled
> now I can only associate the dress with him passing away
The stupid thing isn't here yet and I can tell I'll feel bad looking at it. If it was cheaper I'd just throw it away, but...

>> No.9710662

>>9710557
Anon if you don't mind sharing, where do you go to school, maybe we can be friends :o

>> No.9710663

>>9710640
Making friends as an adult is much harder than when you're in school, which is where lots of anime tends to take place. It's not as easy to make friends, especially large groups of friends, because you aren't surrounded by people every day for years on end anymore.

My therapist is working with me to help me get out and meet people, and one of the tools he recommended was an app called Meetup. You might be able to find a geek/anime meetup group that'll have people with similar interests, or you can always look for more "normal" groups like hiking, cooking, painting, or foodie clubs.

>> No.9710669

>>9710662
I'm in a college in NYC, if you're in the area I'll give you my skype or something ;_; thank you anon.

>> No.9710712

>>9710669
Aw I'm in socal, almost went to school in NY though ;-;

>> No.9710731

>>9710449

As someone who has been sitting on undiagnosed - but very much real anxiety for over ten years now. It doesn't do you any favours to protect them from it. Do what you have to do to benefit yourself. Fuck what everyone else thinks as long as you get to where you want to be comfortably.
If you're anything like me, you probably stacked these lies so other people wouldn't have to worry, get angry at you for stupid reasons or because for some crazy reason we think that it makes us less than human. It doesn't, people struggle and its good you're realising that you need to do what's best for you. If people turn their backs on you for it, guess what? they aren't worth it.

>> No.9710734

>>9710640

God, anon are you me?

I've been going back to anime from 'better times' just because I can't face life. I try to be positive and build myself up but something always happens to make sure I can't be happy.

I really hope things get better for you

>> No.9710739

>>9710654
I'm sorry that your grandpa is sick anon. I know right how the dress has a lot of painful feelings attached to it, but in time even if he does pass away you'll be able to wear it and remember that your grandpa was a kind, generous and supportive man and it will make you happy as well as sad.

>> No.9710752
File: 176 KB, 900x582, v4JlTyl.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710564
No matter how bad things get, I will never, ever talk with my therapist about anime. Healthiness be damned, I'm not becoming the living version of pic related.

>> No.9710759

>>9710669

Nayrt, but I'm from a college in NYC anon.

>> No.9710781
File: 698 KB, 2000x1760, 1506312504484.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710564
let's wallow together anon
>only thing that makes me happy is pretty dresses
>spend all of my free time thinking about lolita stuff/doing things related to lolita
>obsessed with my wardrobe
>talk to my dresses
>talk to myself
>also have fantasies about stabbing my eyes out

i don't tell my psychiatrist or anybody any of this though. i already have my diagnosis and don't take my medicine, plus it's embarrassing, so what's the point?

>> No.9710795

>>9710781
>also have fantasies about stabbing my eyes out
Anon please talk to your therapist about this at least. As was said before, you don't have to talk about your hobbies if you're embarrassed about it, but these thoughts specifically are the kind of thing you should absolutely mention to your therapist.
I hope you feel better soon.

>> No.9710815

>>9710561
Nayrt, but you just sound like the definition of a shitty teen. I was never like that and neither were my friends. Only the basic bitches and bros behaved like that.

>> No.9710817

>>9710608
Goddamn are you me? Do you also sleep away the daylight hours, find simple daily tasks insurmountably difficult, and find yourself unable to respond to simple messages from friends for weeks at a time?

>> No.9710819

>>9710612
If you're worried about seeming mean you just need to smile. It's that simple.

>> No.9710823

>>9710819
what you just said is comparable to when slimy dudes say "hey baby, what's with the long face?? gimme a smile ;;)"

nobody owes a stranger a smile if they feel uncomfortable lol

>> No.9710824

>>9710781
I feel like I'm heading down this path. I'm constantly admiring my lolita items, rearranging them, touching them... And I spend most of my time online making wish lists full of lolita stuff.

>> No.9710826

>>9710823
You said you were worried about seeming cold and mean. I'm telling you the easiest, most surefire way to not come across as mean and cold when interacting with strangers (and I mean, most humans in general). But you honestly sound like a mean bitch if that's all you took from my comment.

>> No.9710827

>>9710826
and you sound like a sensitive crybaby who's too quick to judge others. i'd rather be the mean bitch desu

>> No.9710830
File: 16 KB, 352x85, Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 4.20.19 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's annoying to have so many views and watchers but no sale. Buy my shit dammit.

>> No.9710831

>had a dream Anzu released a vid of her getting throatfucked in cosplay
>woke up
>checked instagram
>realized modern cosplay stars aren't that far from porn

It's an abstract kinda feel

>> No.9710835

I want to start wearing lolita daily but I live with my parents and I wouldn't be able to live with their constant disapproval. I own enough lolita and it feels like my wardrobe isn't getting the love it deserves by only wearing it a few times a month. I've been trying to slowly introduce casual kawaii styles to my daily wardrobe and I can easily get by wearing Axes Femme and such but once I wear a pink Candyrain dress I can feel my mother's eyes on me.
>tl:dr, I wish I could live alone and wear whatever I like

>> No.9710836

>Bought a cheapo wig from eBay not expecting much
>Arrived
>Just as good as expensive wigs
>feelsgoodman

>> No.9710837

>>9710835
Just wait until you move out, it will be worth it

>> No.9710838

>>9710835
Why don't you move out instead of buying more crap?

>> No.9710841
File: 26 KB, 480x376, 21766669_129349541048993_2422973772476755060_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw I just want to be a cute skinny girl who has a bit of an obsession with sweets, like in Shojo mangas
>tfw instead I'm just an average weight girl with thunder thighs whose favourite food is chips

I started to do things to improve since I'm mainly sendentary, like working out 20 minutes every day and cutting back the calories, but I'm afraid it's not enough, that I will go back to my disordered eating which will lead to binging anyway. I don't know if I should push myself or just take things slowly

I just want to be kawaii, man

>> No.9710845

>>9710830
Damn it, I know this feel well.

>> No.9710848

>>9710836
Link to seller ? share , senpai

>> No.9710850

>>9710841
kek, you fatties with no self control will stay chubbos forever

>> No.9710854

>>9710850
Rood tbdes~

>> No.9710857
File: 30 KB, 801x720, stockannoyed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tfw my friend keeps helping his 13-year-old sister make really thoty costumes.

Up next is Suicide Squid Harley.

>> No.9710858

>>9710857
Bully them

>> No.9710861
File: 28 KB, 340x267, 263637EB-1166-4D0F-8CB9-EC0933F98CAB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tfw making a Harley costume for my lil sis and my “friend” throws shade on a vietnamese theater discussion forum

>> No.9710869
File: 1.32 MB, 400x225, B1D4BBEC-BC37-4BA9-91B0-0018FDF654A5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710857
>>9710861

>> No.9710876
File: 55 KB, 600x889, hostilechirping.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710857
You don't know uncomfortable until a group of 14-year-olds in virgin killing sweaters want a picture with you.

>> No.9710878

>>9710414
>Someone says he is in love with me
>Kick him out inmediately

Flawless logic.

>> No.9710882
File: 52 KB, 576x581, IMG_5607.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Bought a jsk for a great price, feels good
>it came in today with crumpled up tissue paper
>owo what's this? i think there's something in this one
>it came with the headbow, listing didn't say anything about the headbow
>feels great

>> No.9710884

>>9710841
>20 minutes
Not enough

>> No.9710886

>>9710848
Chinese seller called karenqianyun and it took over a month to come. Obviously this stuff can be really hit and miss.

>> No.9710892

>>9710640
>build a career on shitty fanfic
why not? It worked out great for twilight

>> No.9710895

>>9710841
Are you me? I'm also a ana-binge chan and am currently in a fatty phase
feelsbadman.jpg

>> No.9710906

>>9710838
In this economy?

>> No.9710909

>>9710892

Thought it was 50 shades of grey that was the fanfic of twilight.

That being said, my entire redneck office loves that book. Just market to philistines and you'll be fine.

>> No.9710912

how do I stop buying dresses? i keep seeing deals popping up on lm, and i just bought more from innocent worlds sale, i just can't pass up a good deal and have a small debt piling up.. i feel like i should stop going on lm but it's a pastime for me..

>> No.9710918

>>9710912
You don’t, you take out loan after loan and credit card after credit card until you can’t get any more, then you fake your death and repeat

>> No.9710929

>>9710918
now googling how to fake your death..

>> No.9710939

>>9710827
Why am I a sensitive cry baby for giving someone advice on how to not look cold/mean?

>> No.9710940

>>9710939
wouldn't that make you a cold/mean person yourself?

>> No.9710947
File: 25 KB, 424x213, 1511367266675.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710759
If you're still in this thread anon, what's the best way of contacting you? I just realized I forgot the password to my skype account that I never use anyway.

Also if there are any other people in this thread who are from NYC and wouldn't mind a depressed weeb who has no friends as a friend, feel free to drop your contact info ;_;

>> No.9710948

>>9710940
I suffer from what I call resting sad face. Unless I make the effort to smile slightly at strangers (and my family/friends), my resting sad face makes people think I'm under extreme duress. Apparently my natural resting face gives people the impression I just got done bawling my eyes out or something.

>> No.9710950
File: 28 KB, 768x431, 1512094513560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no bf to step on while wearing my new OTKs

>> No.9710955

>>9710948
I might be willing to trade for that, with my rbf i scare away people it's a little discouraging

>> No.9711032

>>9710133
fyi, you are one of those thots, it doesn't matter if you liked it before it was cool. Koreaboos are the fucking worst

>> No.9711036

>>9710878
You didn't read the other posts I take it.

>> No.9711061

>move to a different state for college (freshman)
>been extremely productive for the most part but don't make any friends besides my roommate that i don't hang out with outside of our dorm
I could try and find a group of friends but I have flares of loss of self-confidence and lose hope in finding friends, especially when I really would only go out of my way to become friends with people who share my interests. Don't even know where to start desu

>> No.9711062

>>9710451

As an asian chick who prefers asian men, I still don't really like sociopathic elliott roger types, sorry. That's unattractive as hell.

>> No.9711065

>>9710451
And you're mad why? Get that white pussay

>> No.9711067

>>9711062
way to prove him right

>> No.9711070

>>9711067

Oh, gotcha, so not choosing to date people who hate me and themselves is 'proving them right.'

>> No.9711080

>>9711070
>>9711070
he was expressing some very real hardships asian bros deal with and you went ahead and compared him to a mass shooter for it

>> No.9711083

>>9711080
>>>/r9k/
>>>r/asianmasculinity

>> No.9711088

>>9711083
I'm white and you're still proving him right

>> No.9711089

>hot cosplayer at small local con invites me to college animu club after we bond over video games
>give him an ambiguous maybe
>secretly excited
>go home and realize he only invited me because he thought I was also a college student
>I'm a dropout doing nothing with my life
>I literally work as a receptionist
Feels bad man

>> No.9711090

>girls hate guys that hate girls that hate guys that hate girls that hate guys that hate girls
Why can’t people just get along

>> No.9711091

>>9711080

>he was expressing some very real hardships asian bros deal with

Well, he did paint an entire gender-race group as a stereotype likely because of one bad incidence.

I don't particularly appreciate the projection because I grew up in wonderbread white town wondering how I was going to meet other Asians. Thankfully, there aren't too many of those types of Asian guys around, and thankfully, I don't paint people with a broad stroke so I'm dating an Asian who is very happy to not see me as 'settling' material. Sorry about your luck mate, hope it turns around for you and you find peace with yourself because that sort of weird generalization and anger gets you down.

>> No.9711092

>>9711089
He invited you because you bonded, just go

>> No.9711095

>>9711089

Guys literally won't care what you do because they like you. Go.

>> No.9711096

>>9711091
Again I'm white, I have asian friends and I've seen first hand some of the shit stuff they deal with when dating, same with some of my black friends.
And here you are still diminishing his pain, painting him as irrational and deranged and putting yourself in the high moral ground.
You're not meeting him halfway, you felt personally attacked by his comments so you had to pipe in, maybe he struck a nerve.

>> No.9711103

>>9711091
You're talking about the experience of an asian growing up in an all-whitebread neighborhood who feels they don't fit.

He's talking about the experience of asians who grow up in asian or mixed communities where they have a choice of what groups to hang out with. And from the sound of it, somewhat affluent.

> I don't paint people with a broad stroke
You're pretty quick on the draw with the elliot rodger brush

>> No.9711106

>>9711096

I explained why he hit a nerve. I didn't participate in the experience he was talking about and I feel it's an unfair projection on me, as well as plenty of asian women I know. Heck, some of them had terrible experiences with coincidentally Asian men in high school including being horrifically bullied by them. But that's the problem with generalization.

Yes, I know he likely had bad experiences, and I feel for them because statistically, yes Asian men get the short end of the stick. But to resent an entire group is ridiculous. I don't think it's ridiculous to respond to an overt generalization with hey, don't generalize people, that's the first step to a lot of hatred, but here we are.

>> No.9711108

>>9710006
>tfw you let them email you and get kinda excited to talk
>tfw they already stop replying
pls respnd

Good lolita feels though I managed to get dressed in my favorite meta dress and go have some tea and veggie sandwiches

>> No.9711112

>>9710817
NAYRT but thats me entirely.

Hello twin

>> No.9711114

>>9711106
Can you at least concede that some asian women(maybe even a lot of the ones living in the US) live up to the stereotype where they're ballbusters, golddiggers and treat their men with unwarranted hostily and scorn while at the same time putting white men on a pedestal?

>> No.9711117

>>9711114
>Can you at least concede that some asian women(maybe even a lot of the ones living in the US) live up to the stereotype where they're ballbusters, golddiggers and treat their men with unwarranted hostily and scorn while at the same time putting white men on a pedestal?

Oh, bait. I fell for it.

Sorry guys for shitting up this thread.

>> No.9711123

>>9711117
>I don't like it therefore it's bait
Congratulations on taking the easy way out

>> No.9711124

>>9711114
Don't chase them friendo. They're all whitewashed as fuck.

>> No.9711134

>>9710817
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do

>> No.9711139

>>9711124
I don't especially like asian girls, latinas are my jam desu, it's a shame not many of them are into dumb nerdy shit.
I'm just whiteknighting protips guy because he reminds me of one of my best friends.

>> No.9711144

Here's a thought experiment

>there is a man
>he is tall, athletic, handsome, has an excellent relationship with his family, ivy league educated, and gainfully employed in a prestigious and lucrative career
>he is romantically interested in you for a long term relationship for the ultimate purpose of marriage
>but he is asian

Does anyone honestly think a girl here would reject him because of his race?

I grew up in an all white conservative area and currently go to university in a liberal city. No one I currently know or have known would reject him. Would anyone you know actually say, "Too bad he's Asian?"

>> No.9711147

>>9711144
your thought experiment falls apart because of how you worded it
like he has to have all those awesome things going for him to counterbalance his race

>> No.9711149

>>9710947

Sure, I'm also a depressed weeb lol. Do you have a throwaway email? I can send you an email.

>> No.9711151

>>9711144
Counter thought experiment
Are you capable of attracting such a man?

>> No.9711152
File: 72 KB, 444x500, I killed my dad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710468
>welder
>don't know anyone to make Mad Max cars and cowboy Nanto fighter outfits with

>> No.9711154

>>9711152
>Not rather making itasha

>> No.9711159

>>9711154
I feel like such a vehicle is less suited to blaring rock n roll and waving my .41 magnum while I drive it

>> No.9711182

>>9710882
That's wonderful, anon! Congrats! What JSK is that?

>> No.9711184

>>9711159
Pfff
>Not naming his gun after his waifu
>Not having a pistal grip with his waifu on it
>Not having itasha racing down the street agents a mustang peasant
You are living your life wrong.

>> No.9711186

>>9711149
Hook me up too, some shit in my life got me fucked up. And my crippling depression has returned.

>> No.9711188

>>9711108
Why do people do that? Like they add you and then talk for one day and then never reply. Like wtf did I do wrong, why did you even add me. Like are you so basic you cant start a conversation? Why do I have to do that? Am I right gulls?

>> No.9711190 [DELETED] 

>>9710841
>Not embracing your thunder thighs
Choke me with em lol
I bet you looks cute in thigh highs

>> No.9711194

>>9711184
Shutup sakuya/homura go to bed

>> No.9711196
File: 14 KB, 264x191, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711194
>Tfw you have crippling depression and this is the only place you can vent.

>> No.9711202

>>9710795
Only the rich have their own 'therapist' the rest of us get along just fine crying in mirrors.

>> No.9711205

>>9711186

You're literally me holy shit. I'm active in a few of the local communities here if you wanna tag along and weeb it up lol. A lot of us do meet ups with booze. Made a throwaway email. Here ya go!

>> No.9711206

>>9711202
Anon did mention that they see a psychiatrist though.

>> No.9711241

>>9711206
Bourgeoisie

>> No.9711243

Sooo... now that this is a semi-meetup thread, anyone going to Sacanime winter? I dont really want to go alone and all of my friends are 100.0% normie

>> No.9711245
File: 9 KB, 225x225, 1412398239823.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711202
Pfff
>Not getting random strangers on discord act as a theraphist

>> No.9711249

>>9711243
Why is such a small con mentioned so often?

>> No.9711250
File: 324 KB, 695x928, 1449579512258.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711243
>go to meet up to make friends
>all you see is a bunch of people becoming friends
>and you get left behind
Every single time.... Face it guys this is real life... And our road is just getting lonelier with age...

>> No.9711260

>>9710912

Dont look. No, seriously just avoid the site until you've sorted out the debt and are comfortable financially again. If your self control is weak then it's better not to put the temptation in front of you or it'll just get worse.

>> No.9711263

>Tfw I was smacked around by my ex getting up to ten years ago now.
>Somehow ex gets brought up
>Family member somehow thinks its all my fault and has clearly been thinking this the whole time.

I feel sick. This family member has been putting our family through hell for the last five years and I've sat there and not said anything or judged when its brought on by themselves. I've only ever tried to help them.
I'm wondering why I ever even bothered and wasted my time and good will on them.

>> No.9711272

>>9710950
I'm right here, gull

>> No.9711274

>>9711243
I'm 30min from sac but it looks like shit so I've never been.

>> No.9711349

>>9710841
Do some proper sports too.
Like even 30 minutes of jogging will be enough if you keep up the working out and cutting calories.

>> No.9711357
File: 9 KB, 307x212, lolismirk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>on my way to the comm meat, in my new Melty Donut coord
>decide to stop at Dairy Queen for a dozen Blizzards
>fat girl behind the counter is staring daggers at me
>mutters something about lolita being appropriation of Vietnamese cuture
>"Umm, excuse me?"
>she shrieks "Fukk yew, raycist!" and tosses a bucket of molten tar all over my dress
>scream as my favorite coord is ruined
>suddenly, Misako herself flies out of nowhere and punches DQ girl in her tits
>sends her flying out the window and into traffic, where she caves in the hood of a meme delivery truck and causes a five-car pileup
>Missy hugs me tight and tells me everything will be okay
>she reaches into her Bernie Sanders itabag and pulls out a new, solid-gold coord for me to wear
>the CEO of Dairy Queen walks over and hands us two free fish-and-coffee Blizzards
>mfw Misako and I eat our ice cream on the patio as she takes my anal virginity

>> No.9711363
File: 67 KB, 847x480, what the fuck am I reading.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711357
Can you… Please delete it?

>> No.9711364

>>9711357
Top notch banter

>> No.9711367

>>9711114
>white person trying to tell Asian person about their society citing that he's aware because he has some Asian friends who are probably just as pathetic as himself
Cringe

>> No.9711371

>>9710841
You can still be cute, anon. i have a similar build, but i dont know if you can even get rid of something like large thighs. I feel like even if i lost weight, it would always be like that. I could be wrong, though.

>> No.9711374

>feeling depressed for a while now
>meet tomorrow
>had vague ideas about coords to wear but only now got the energy together to actually try things on
>happiest I've been in weeks
>want to take photos, but hair is a mess and 2lazy to do makeup so I make a bunch of floordinates
>horrible lighting, pictures turn out unusable
>oh well

>>9711263
It's probably projection. Someone who brings a bunch of shit onto themselves by making bad decisions is likely to look at other people in bad situations and think that they, too, are at fault for what is happening to them. Dragging others down with them makes them feel better about themselves. I have a relative like that too. Unfortunately, with them being family it's hard to completely avoid contact.

>> No.9711384

>>9711357
Are you me, anon? I feel like I've been in this situation a thousand times.

>> No.9711385

>tfw no /cgl/ gf

On the plus side, I've gotten really good at tying waist ties by myself. :(

>> No.9711389

>>9711367
At least he has asian friends, can you say the same fatty-chan?

>> No.9711391

>>9711389
>no_correlation.png

>> No.9711396

>>9710163
>but what do the boys think?
>"please come talk to me I'd do anything for a lolita gf"

>> No.9711397

>>9711389
Yeah, actually, I can. And I'm pretty sure I'm not "fat" at 110lbs, but nice projection.

>> No.9711399

>>9711397
110 lbs IS fat unless you're at least 5'6 or taller

>> No.9711400

>>9711399
Before I heed your words, I'm gonna need you to post your midsection and a timestamp. Just to verify this isn't coming from a salty fatty trying to trigger possible ana-chans.

>> No.9711405
File: 30 KB, 352x344, 1506187477795.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711400
>yfw (s)he stops replying

>> No.9711414
File: 20 KB, 259x224, hhhhh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw i had a dream where i had a lolita gf
>mfw i liked it
>mfw i'm a girl
>mfw i am already the lolita gf to a not lolita bf
>mfw i keep thinking about it

i've always tried to ignore my gayness because my standards for a woman i would date are kind of high (and everyone i've met who fits those standards is straight) but that dream was nice

>> No.9711420

>that one friend with the huge boobs who keeps complaining about how much they hurt her back and dehumanize her in the eyes of guys
Either get the reduction surgery or work out or shut the fuck up, you humblebragging cow

>> No.9711429

>>9711420
>that one friend who does this but is actually obese
A girl in my comm got a reduction and now a bunch of others are complaining that they want one too because it would make wearing lolita so much easier. The reason they can't, though? They're obese, and would need to lose a lot of weight before they're even eligible. Losing weight would make it easier to fit into lolita as well so win/win, right? Nope. Apparently they'd rather whine about not getting to have invasive surgery (#thisisthinprivilege) than put down the Starbucks.

>> No.9711448

>>9711123

Same with you.

I pointed out he's grossly generalizing based on experience and you press me to be like "oh but just say some people are assholes to support my weak argument."

Of course there are assholes in every ethnic group you dipshit. Does that mean you have to hate everyone? Fuck no.

Sorry about your friend again, but whiteknighting a clearly prejudiced bro isn't the way to go.

>> No.9711449

>>9711414
I know that feel, I once had a dream where I was getting married with the most beautiful lolita I have ever seen. I'm a girl and straight but maybe there's some gayness deep down.

>> No.9711451

>>9711414

Weird. I just had a dream last night where some vintage fashion girl flirted with me and I really liked it.

Is there some kind of shared lesbian conscious here?

>> No.9711459

>>9710669
Hey anon,I’m just outside NYC and have almost no friends with which to do /cgl/ things

>> No.9711463
File: 20 KB, 300x400, 31710-2-550x550.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711449
>>9711451

>> No.9711505

>>9711144
>tall
>asian
If you're gonna discuss unicorns then this "experiment" is already a waste of time

>> No.9711524

>>9711505

My ex was asian, a foot taller than me, and in med school. Also athletic and both into basketball and martial arts.

The real dealbreaker was that he was from a fairly misogynist country and I don't think I could live there. He also kept doing/saying creepy and dickish things to me he thought were romantic because anime told him so.

The moral of the story is that physical attributes really should be secondary.

>> No.9711539

>>9711524
Well duh, those dudes and moreso their mums expect you to be the traditional housewife, stay home and tigermom the shit out of your kids, if you wanna be white then you're shit out of luck.

>> No.9711568

>>9711357
>not one person clapped

>> No.9711573

>>9711539

I think you misunderstood me. There's a difference between being a traditional housewife and being an anime waifu.

I was a virgin at the time and he kept telling me how he wanted me to bleed and hurt the first time around. He also made it very apparent he didn't like my boob size and kept saying things like "if I had an injection to increase your boob size I would do it to you." So like that level of creepiness.

>if you wanna be white then you're shit out of luck.

The white people in my area quit their jobs and stay home with their six kids and move out with their husbands to bumfuck nowhere midwest. So, ok?

>> No.9711579

>>9711573
How was his mul by the way?

>> No.9711583

>>9711579
*mum

>> No.9711584

>>9711573
Sounds like your average horny weaboo and you were looking past his glaring flaws because he also happened to be hunky.
Or you were young and dumb and in love, we've all been there.

>> No.9711585
File: 69 KB, 617x466, heyisthatanime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711357
The fish and coffee Blizzard is shit compared to the onion and peppermint one.

>> No.9711587

>>9711579

>asking someone to take from their virgin's memory how big a dick is

Pretty big tho. Like big enough that I was afraid he was going to make good on that promise. Luckily we never had sex.

>> No.9711590

>>9711579
>>9711587

Ayyy lmao I thought you were talking about his dick. I never met his mom. She very much babied him though because he was the first son and the most successful of three children from what he said.

>>9711584

I was young, dumb, and in love. He really did have some good personality traits. He was perseverant, he had a very strong personality, he liked to be involved in a lot of groups. But ultimately, it sort of played into part of why we broke up.

>> No.9711591

>>9711587
wha? bitch that was a typo, I was asking about your former mother in law

>> No.9711592
File: 130 KB, 344x472, mahdrills.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711357
At least it wasn't butthole inspection day.

>> No.9711640
File: 152 KB, 401x499, 37d6353c44.jpg.500x500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711414
I realised I was well and truly bi after a dream like that. I am engaged to a wonderful dude, but part of me still yearns for my lolita soulmate.

>> No.9711645
File: 101 KB, 540x810, a534bd347aeac65e7178947ee873eb7b--kawaii-fashion-lolita-fashion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who here has an uncomfortable crush on another girl in their comm?
>raises parasol

>> No.9711648

Man I just really love lolita

>> No.9711659
File: 606 KB, 440x237, 1509974200728.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm so tired of seeing people complaining about BtB/lolitasecrets's lack of content. If you want it to be more active, submit more secrets FFS!!

They still upload every week so you have no excuse. If you don't try to make it active, you have no right to whine about it being inactive.

>> No.9711707

>>9710215
That sounds good to me, between 124 and 135. I've seen body types an inch taller/shorter and the weight is a joke for girls. Think about 110 lbs / college girl who looks like she just hit awkward puberty. Then a 130 lbs / boob monster with legs of steel, gets mistaken as that fragile young kid. And people take the 120 lbs thin girl as the eldest (she's not)... Ends up with the biggest butt and zero curves elsewhere
There's also that time where a 28 years old looked a decade younger and everyone in the room freaked out, closer to your current numbers

>> No.9711717

>>9710420
Not them, but that sounds like a great idea! In my opinion, if the situation felt abusive and the only "fix" was buying a dress, it's still bad. And clinging to a dress without delivering it doesn't sound too well. Maybe a middle point could be paying anon #1's shipping fees, so anon #2 receives an item at a price she can afford. This would cut anon #1's baggage from the past and prevent anon #2's guilt of getting a gift from a questionable situation

>> No.9711780

You know how men say that women are stupid bitches who only care about clothes and makeup? I feel bad because I'm proving them right and it's making me not enjoy jfash anymore, or even any other kind of fashion.

>> No.9711782

>>9711780
do what makes you happy, anon. Life's too short to care about what society thinks of you

>> No.9711783

>>9711780
>men's opinions
>important
Kek

>> No.9711807

>>9711780
what happen did you're anime waifu reject you? Fucking neckbeards I swear.

>> No.9711836

>>9711349
>>9710884
I will try to work out and do more jogging !

>>9710895
I feel you, right now I'm doing good I guess, I hope you will too ! <3

>>9711371
Aw thank you. I definitely think you can at least reduce their size !

>> No.9711840

>>9709999
nice quads

>> No.9711845

>>9711836
Get yourself a bike if you don't have one

>> No.9711877

>>9710882
I pictured you opening the crumpled-up tissue paper in excitement, and it was a good feel.

>> No.9711965
File: 42 KB, 353x200, 200_s.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw
Did a haul from Japan to buy lolita people cute things which were meant to be inexpensive but I ended up paying a lot more than I thought I would, and now I'm stressed and pretty broke.

>> No.9711979

I dressed up in an ouji coord for today’s ILD meetup. I felt uncomfortable throughout the whole event and the girls all wanted me to be their arm candy.

I had a panic attack an hour after the event was over.

>> No.9712029
File: 152 KB, 500x374, b8d.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711979
weak...

>> No.9712035
File: 249 KB, 1000x563, MTYNlmh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be fatty chan
>always loved lolita but was too big
>decide to finally get off my ass and lose weight
>70 lbs go by over a year
>nervously order a dress off of LM
>It arrives
>tfw the zipper goes all the way up

I used to dream about being able to wear lolita it's a little surreal for me

>> No.9712052
File: 156 KB, 478x524, 1499477449840.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9712035
that's awesome, grats anon!

>> No.9712102
File: 1.06 MB, 720x405, Love you.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

While people here can be mean to each other, indulge in drama, and call each other names (whales need to be shamed, but it makes a bad insult, when everyone throws it at each other), I really liked /cgl/.

Whenever someone needs help, or asks for advice, people give helpful answers and aid the new people.
Something I was worried about, is that I would be shamed for liking both cosplay and lolita, because of wanting to mix things from one into the other. Quite opposite happened, I got honest advice, and everyone was nice when replying.
Whenever sharing tough feelings and worries, everyone is supportive and tries to help.

You are the best seagulls. Thank you for everything, your effort is appreciated.

>> No.9712104

>>9710006
I have a feeling you're the super gross dude who messages any lolita at all trying to get in her pants and then complains about being ghosted over and over again.

>> No.9712111

>>9710523
I'll be ur tall gf

>> No.9712129
File: 43 KB, 539x960, FB_IMG_1491354860403.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711357
Misako is lactose intolerant, liar.

>> No.9712136

>>9712111
Don't toy with my heart, anon. Will you really

>> No.9712138

>>9712104
kek I know exactly who you're talking about anon

>> No.9712168

>>9711979
I'm trash, so I'm genuinely considering starting to wear ouji so that the other lolitas in my comm do this. Only problem is, I'm shortish and very feminine and have long hair. I could never look like a cute prince, I'd just look like a princess in breeches.

>>9711645
I have so many crushes but only one is strong enough that it bothers me. I wish I could get over her faster. She'd never be interested in me.

>> No.9712170

>>9711648
Me too anon

>> No.9712176

>>9712168
Going the utena or Oscar route is always a thing.

>> No.9712181

>>9711979
Enforce your boundaries better- just tell them if they're doing stuff you're not comfortable with. I make a point of not doing kabedon when I'm in boystyle- I think its weird, noone can force me to do it either.

>> No.9712183
File: 34 KB, 651x481, constipatedrage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>make lolita friend at work
>she gets fired for kicking another girl and pulling her hair

>> No.9712221

Lolita-related feels:
>I really hate how Triple Fortune fills up any blank space on their prints with their brand name.
>Their new qi-lolita style looks great! I would love a plain piece in that style. Unfortunately, they're never gonna make plain pieces. Ever.

OT feels:
>Crushing hard on this girl for about 2 years now.
>She doesn't like me back, or at least, doesn't want a relationship right now. Understandable, with school and all.
>Been wondering about sexuality
>Goes on overseas school trip
>There's this cute guy
>well shit

He's not even good looking or tall, but there's a certain kindness in him that I like. We probably don't even have the same interests lol. Thank God neither of them are interested in me.

>> No.9712225

>>9712029
>>9712181
I enjoy wearing lolita and it acts as escapism/rebellion of my masculinity, but I don't think ouji really fits as a style. I thought being a man, ouji would be easier. No, it really didn't.

>>9712183
Wow, crazy. Keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't unload any work drama in your Comm.

>> No.9712244
File: 55 KB, 138x292, 95E5B9A2-EFEE-4F9D-8440-9EE11171D2E6.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9712035
Congrats

>> No.9712282
File: 67 KB, 960x657, 23659552_192168788007009_8835603876724144249_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711845
I.. I don't even know how to ride a bike

>> No.9712285

>>9712282
Sure you do
It’s like riding a bike

>> No.9712456

>>9712102
Agreed. We can be mean, but at least it's honest advice/critique
and not the stupid hug box of positivity that cosplay has become.

>> No.9712487
File: 6 KB, 184x184, 1497408219525.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>swimming debt
>selling off unwanted old con stuff to help pay my bills
>rummaging through bags in closet
>pull out blizzcon bag
>ohfuck.jpg
>dump out bag
> huge amount of extra merch comes out
>capsule toys, keychains, blizzard pins
>mfw I found like $200 of shit and can now make my cc payments

>> No.9712648
File: 34 KB, 450x500, franklinfail.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711357
>the comm meat
>meat
Nani nani?

>> No.9712653
File: 97 KB, 323x410, tomokoface.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711357
>>9712648
Oh, nvm. Just finished reading the post. I think it might be a troll.

>> No.9713012
File: 93 KB, 290x387, b9451faf-db0f-5c64-978f-a0db231bac67.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>browsing LM (big mistake)
>sees pic related
>'wow who has such good taste'
>checks seller
>it's senpai

She doesn't even know I exist but I love her coords and choices in pieces

>> No.9713017

>>9712653
Yeah it's so subtle and realistic, you never know.

>> No.9713036

>Always love seeing well done lolita on other girls
>Have tried before doesn't really suit me
>willadmire.jpeg
>start dating a japanese guy
>he likes conservative fashion (lolita, otome)
>more inspired to buy more pieces
>helping me pick things that actually suit me

Life is... good?
Though after all these years of looking from the outside at lolita I know in my mind what styles I like and what pieces I like, it's hard to put into words when I have to explain it.

I'll get there cute sempais

>> No.9713043
File: 19 KB, 480x327, 1508988523178.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9710465
>loves tall girls
>is 6'4"
It's a complicated feel

>> No.9713048
File: 20 KB, 480x360, hqdefault (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be photog
>Looking through local comm page
>Come across pretty normal looking Sailor Venus cosplayer
>Contact her about a shoot in a month and she's interested
>Fast forward to last week
>Randomly decide to google her (real) name
>Her etsy page comes up with some of the most crazy insane bondage shit I've ever seen
>Cancel on her the following day
Dodged a fucking bullet there

>> No.9713050

>>9713048
>being a faggot

>> No.9713051

>>9713048
Name? Asking for a friend.

>> No.9713052
File: 201 KB, 500x373, 1495658346609.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel many feels at the moment
>tfw no money, time, or motivation to work on cosplay
>tfw all of your friends are amazing cosplayers, have their lives (generally) together, and are happy and healthy
>tfw everyone around you is thriving in relationships and you're all alone
I want off this ride

>> No.9713072

>>9713050
Sorry I have standards in my clients

>> No.9713075

>>9713072
>having "standards" when you're already a photographer, a degenerate profession, in what's a super degenerate hobby to begin with

>> No.9713076

>>9713048
>>9713072
What does it matter what she sells on her own time or does in her bedroom? It's not like she was offering to bring butt-plugs to the photoshoot.

>> No.9713079

>>9713052
Stop browsing social media. They have their own problems but you don't know that because people prefer presenting themselves in a good light. You should focus on yourself. Try to be better at cosplayin, find bf/gf and stop thinking about what other people have.

>> No.9713087

>>9713072
>cosplay photographer
>standards
I had a good laugh.

>> No.9713089
File: 309 KB, 1745x1080, 1512323547878.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713072
>I take photos of people dressing us as anime characters
>I have standards

>> No.9713114

>have feelings for a gurl.
>we cosplay together.
>tought my feelings were going away
>hang out more outside cons
>feels kreep up.
>almost kissed, she didn't struggle.
>feelings fucking me up a little inside.
Tough this shit would go away. Im in my 20's.
Male gull

>> No.9713132

>>9713114
>she didn't struggle
Well that's... always a good thing, I suppose. Kind of an odd way to put it but alright. Why don't you just ask her out?

>> No.9713169

>Fancy Christmas meet tomorrow.
>Name of the Rose set I wanted to wear arrives.
>It fits but it's a little uncomfortable and a bit short and the skirt doesn't have good petti space.
>Guess I'm going to have to pull together a really basic Meta or IW coord out of my wardrobe staples.

Fuck, Baby always fits me fine. I used to have the jsk of this set and it wasn't like pyjamas, but it didn't feel bad either. Why is this set so uncomfy? It just feels so wrong on my body. I gained a little weight recently, but I'm still within its measurements and everything else I own fits me fine. I'm pretty upset.

>> No.9713216
File: 15 KB, 300x300, 75674534347.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw when your comm leader says that listening to Death Grips is ita

>> No.9713224
File: 26 KB, 224x225, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713216
What a cunt

Also, where the fuck do you find people to do cosplay shit with? I’m a recent college graduate with no friends who do con stuff anymore. Am also a man so feel like that makes it a little harder.

>> No.9713226

fucking bodyline doubled their prices just as I put in an order with my SS (yes, I use an SS for bodyline)

>> No.9713227

>>9713114
>she didn't struggle
I see that you too have learned to drug them first

>> No.9713228

>>9713224
If your cosplays are decent and you're slightly attractive it should be easy. Just go to cons and try to find new friends! Good luck anon

>> No.9713232
File: 2.00 MB, 3864x2898, megabot-3864x2898-the-military-robot-maker-faire-2015-robots-7748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9711152
Are you the br/o/ from the East Coast in that other thread? There are conventions specifically for this kind of stuff. I go to Maker Faire on the west coast, they always have a strong showing of Mad Max aesthetic and a lot of the people (even the girls) are into metalworking, machinery, etc. Pretty sire they happen in your area too. Super comfy

>> No.9713238
File: 274 KB, 631x757, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713228
>the gull equivalent of ‘just b urself’
I laughed

>> No.9713251

>>9713238
>attractive
>cosplays are decent
>genuinely thinking this is the gull equivalent of ‘just b urself’
lol

>> No.9713396

>>9713079
I don't have the motivation to do that. I am weak.

>> No.9713456

>>9713251
Don't pay attention. It's a "tfw no gf" poster from /fit/, /r9k/ or /pol/. They're obsessed with the idea that this is the female version of /r9k/, and aren't above reaching that hard.

>> No.9713631
File: 2.41 MB, 1920x1080, hauehuehuehuahue.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9713227
fuck you its late in the morning I can't huehue this loud

>> No.9713642
File: 59 KB, 512x446, runnyjobbies.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why are cosplayers so fucking GROSS????

>> No.9713652

>brad-ish face & body
>easily protrude self-confidence to normies
>massive weeb on the inside, and a lot more anxious than I let on.
>stacies hit on me but all I want is a moderately qt girl that's also a weeb
>I'm also autistic and scared of crossing the friend-barrier because I've lost some good female friends in high school because I've asked them out and it got awkward between us.
>at this point I basically gave up and try to push the thoughts to the back of my head.
>started making cosplays as weebness intensified
>none of my anime-watching friends, male or female, really fit into the characters from the shows I want to cosplay from, or want to cosplay at all.
>studying abroad in Japan in spring semester though, which is nice.

It's a lot of feels, some good and some bad.

>> No.9713653

>>9709508
The hem of my jsk got stuck on a metal fence and ripped. QQ 2003 jsk. ;-;

>> No.9713992

>>9713642
>oopsie poopsie
Jesus.

>> No.9714004

>>9713652
>>/R9k/
Fuck off

>> No.9714008
File: 10 KB, 262x193, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>see something on FB cosplay sales
>tell seller I wanna buy 100% will pay him later in the day, both talk back and forth about it
>later seller responds to somebody asking if item I told him I'd buy is still available "Yeah it's still available"
>mfw

>> No.9714109

>>9714004
>feels thread
>someone posts feels
>wtf fuck off now

Look anon, I know we all deal with mental pains in different ways, so if yelling at a stranger online for posting feels in a feels thread is your way of dealing with it be my guest.

>> No.9714114

>>9714109
Your "feels" aren't /cgl/ related.
Hence, >>>/r9k/

>> No.9714141

>>9711836
>I will try to work out and do more jogging !
And i quote
>Are you trying to lose weight? Lift weights.
>Are you just trying to "tone up"? Lift weights
>Are you a woman? Lift weights

read the sticky

>> No.9714152

I went to my Comm's ILD meetup on Saturday. It was a potluck so everyone brought their own food to share with the group. We have a p reserved, but gorgeous brolita in our Comm. I'm friends with him and I've handed advice on how to coord in lolita. He's done better over time. Anywho, he brought cookies with macadamia nuts in them. My late-mother made cookies w/macadamia nuts for me when I was a child so I wanted to try them. I tasted them and began tripping balls at the event. They were f-ing delicious. They tasted like my Mom's tasted from the oven. They were that good.

I messaged him when I returned home and I've been talking to him since about cooking, anime, and lolita. I want to ask him out for a private 1-on-1 lolita meet to eat pizza. How do I go about asking him?

>> No.9714177

>>9714152
Just ask him.

>> No.9714212

>life is in shambles
>dumped, family life suddenly failing, finals
>panic attacks every day
>almost crying in classes
>no money for dresses

h-hey but Im still losing weight, at least someday ill be able to fit the Victorian maiden dresses I dream of, if I don't die first

>> No.9714218

>>9714212
At least you attend classes, anon. You're one up on me already - you can do this!

>> No.9714221

>>9714218
I dont know how honestly, Its fucking killing me, but im so close to graduating I just have to keep showing up.

But im pretty sure im going to fail all my finals.

>> No.9714226

>>9714152
>Hey anon, wanna meet up and grab something to eat together?
Simple as that. You can suggest twinning, wearing matching coords or even just the same theme (like sailor) as a bonus, it's something I like to do with my friends when we meet up, he might like that too.

>> No.9714230

>>9714221
Keep trying, seriously. You're so close. If you attended and listened to the material you're already much less likely to fail than slackers who didn't go. Give it a go and you never know if you'll scrape through - I walked away from two of my exams last year so convinced I'd failed I spent the summer making plans to drop out, and I somehow scraped a B.

>t. anon who has money for burando but had 10% attendance all semester, didn't hand in half the coursework, hasn't studied and has an exam in two days

>> No.9714232

>>9714221
With that attitude sure.
Don't believe in yourself anon, believe in the me that believes you can do it. You have no other options so you might as well kill it.

>> No.9714234

>>9714232
>>9714230
Thanks gulls, I am trying at least. Everything is just overwhelming and Im pissed I didnt get to do anything for ILD because I was too busy having my life fall apart on me.

Im just trying to keep going ahead and be ready to buy some sweet reward dresses when I finally get skinny enough.

>> No.9714255

I'm buying way too much LF for Chirstmas. I though with quiting lolita I wouln't be buying so much, but I found a different style/brand that's eating my money

>> No.9714289

>tfw you are looking for cgl discord but only land into some wierd cgl kink discord

>> No.9714292

>>9714289
It's really unfortunate that /cgl/ shares an acronym with cg/l, and Lolita shares a name with a book about a pedophile who preys on a little girl.

>> No.9714305

>>9714212
anon are you me
>schizo
>life in shambles
>family simultaneously pities, hates, and fears me
>cry in class at least once a week/have to skip class because crying
>only way to fix me is meds but i refuse to take them because they're risky
>existence hurts
>at least i'm 90 pounds now because i forget to eat or don't care enough to try
>buying clothes with the money i was saving for my future because i'll probably kill myself before i need it

u know it's bad when u secretly want to be hit by a car on campus

i need help

>> No.9714310

>>9713226
Bodyline's prices have been what they are now since like.. september

>> No.9714335

>>9714310
sometimes the prices randomly drop, have to act fast

>> No.9714337
File: 1.34 MB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_2017-11-29-16-02-57.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9714212
>>9714305
If either of you guys (or anyone else) would like to vent or talk or whatever, hit me up.

My life has generally been a shitshow and yesterday I had to choose between killing myself or cutting everything off and starting my life fresh. I'm still here, so..
>anyway a big part of my problem is not having any friends or anyone to talk to, so maybe we could be internet buddies.

Totally unrelated pic of Jayne Mansfield's pointy titties just to include a pic. My bullet bra is finally scheduled to to arrive today, so I'm using that as something to look forward to.

>> No.9714338

>>9714305
Anon take your meds. They will help.

>> No.9714360

>>9714114
>not finding people to cosplay with is not CGL related.
>depression posts with no CGL content are somehow related

Can you stick with a single definition of "feels"? Why are you even arguing about this? If this is that important to you then just skip over the post, no need to reply to it.

>> No.9714365
File: 194 KB, 451x640, 8s4UVYz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>full-on mental breakdown towards the end of last summer, lose my job, want to die every day and can't leave my apartment, become distanced from my closest friend
>university advisor suggests I take a year out but without my scholarship money I'd be homeless
>try to just scrape through and get a pass but can't get my shit together, no longer want to kill myself but still an anxious wreck and miss loads of class
>terrible mental health makes it harder for me to mask autistic behaviour so classmates think I'm cold/fake, give me bad feedback on group assignments for seeming aloof and distracted even though I did the work
>can't wear lolita to class and can't wear it at home either because my apartment's so cold I only work in bed
>never leave the house because no local friends, haven't attended a meetup all semester so really isolated from social contact in general, only speak to my roommate
>extra financial stress because no job, family still expect me to pay to travel home at Christmas and buy presents
>put $400 of my wardrobe up for sale but only a few small things sell
>it's exam season now and I'm so unprepared I genuinely think I might fail
>just want exams to be over so I can wear lolita when I want and take the photos for my wardrobe post without feeling guilty

At least all the stress-buying I did while I still had a job means my wardrobe looks good?

>> No.9714382

>>9714337
i'm the second anon you replied to and i'm gonna shoot you an email anon. i think mutually spilling our guts to third parties is something we both need

>> No.9714512

>>9714008
Unless he specifically said he was holding it, it is still available. And even if he did, smart of him to keep his options open considering how common flakes are. Send the money, then it's yours.

>> No.9714513

>>9714292
I thought that was the joke.

>> No.9714560

>>9714109
We only accept posts about farting and thong diapers. Sorry.

>> No.9714586

>>9714365
Before feminism you could have just been a housewife.

You wouldn't have to worry about anything and your husband would be able to buy whatever you want, in reason.

Instead now you have to pretend to be a man, and compete in free market capitalism.

>> No.9714789

>>9714586
go back to /pol/r9k/

>> No.9714832

>>9714305

Dude take your meds. Meds are not the panacea but they're safer than they have been before and will help you function better. I'd advise psych/doctor shopping just because from experience some psychs care a lot and some... don't. But the right people and the right meds really help.

>> No.9714912

>>9714586
>implying I'm capable of basic self-care, let alone taking care of a house and children
>implying most households had no worries and the surplus money to buy whatever they wanted
>implying most working class women weren't forced to compete in free-market capitalism anyway doing at-home labour for a pittance to supplement the family income without labour laws or a minimum wage
>implying an autismo would have the tact, sensitivity and the ability to read the emotions and pre-empt the demands of a taciturn husband required to not end up as one of the "surplus women" unmarried until the day she died
I'll take my chances, robot.

>> No.9714947

>>9714292
Well judging from feels thread 90% of people here have mental health issues anyway, so would those discords really be that different?