[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 211 KB, 375x500, 7A_saitohi8185.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9484421 No.9484421 [Reply] [Original]

Looks like the old one autosaged.

Come here to dump tutorials, ask questions, and share your (good or bad) hair experiences.

Are you trying to grow your hair longer currently? What is your goal length? Do you have a routine?

>> No.9484424
File: 86 KB, 600x612, 1cd9e384a6306d57bd01af76dbf6aafe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9484425
File: 412 KB, 1213x1600, tumblr_mpo7mhkUgZ1sxrhw6o4_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9484426
File: 567 KB, 900x1600, Terry_bogard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

should i get a medium length wig plus a hair extension or just one long wig?

im an inexperienced guy but i have the impression long wigs will not have the bangs and somewhat fuzzy frontal/side hair that i need (ie itll look like a womans ponytail where everything is flat and pushed back)

dont have much time left.

>> No.9484427
File: 132 KB, 375x500, sachi4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9484428

>>9484426
This is not the wig thread. Please go to the general help thread for your question.

>> No.9484430
File: 174 KB, 536x1500, inspireearrase.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9484431
File: 167 KB, 560x835, hc7si.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9484432
File: 256 KB, 1600x1600, french-braid-bun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9484433
File: 69 KB, 564x848, 7ae7685b2cf2be174cfa2ff48ee9a700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Need to go to bed now, finishing my small dump with a question.

Does anyone else feel a bit hopeless trying to grow out their hair? I am at about armpit length now, and I want to be waist or hip. It just feels like it's going to take forever.. and I'm afraid it won't even look how I want it to.

I'm going to keep trying but it just feels a bit disheartening to know how many more years I will have to spend just trying to get my hair to be long.

Sorry for sadblogging! Does anyone else know how I'm feeling?

>> No.9484436

>tfw your hair is so thin all asian tutorials look bad
Any good hairstyles for midlenght/long, thin hair?

>> No.9484457

>>9484433
I totally know how you feel anon

I've been wanting long hair on and off for a while now, but I haven't had longer than like shoulder length in over three years
I keep changing my mind all of a sudden and wanting short hair again

I'm currently at like, the middle of the neck, and my goal is maybe down to my breasts, but I feel like I won't be able to stay determined for that long, and I'll chop it off again and have to start over

When I think of how long it'll probably take, I just feel like giving up.. I'm considering getting clip in extensions, but I don't know how to match them to my hair color if I order online, and getting them done professionally or whatever is way too expensive for me

>> No.9484458

"Routine?"

My (short) hair is always kind of shitty and I know nothing. Can anyone link a good 101 guide?

>> No.9484463

>>9484433
My hair is pretty long currently (a bit below bra strap length last time I checked), but I feel like it should be much longer considering that I literally never cut it beyond occasional trims. I've been trying to grow it out for like, at least 6 years or more. I have friends who have grown their hair longer than mine in 3 years or less. Life is not fair.

>also it's full of split ends down the entire length even though I rarely use heat on it, and I always use heat protectant when I do.

If anyone has tips for preventing/managing split ends, please share!

>> No.9484484

>>9484463
I have these exact problems, and I'm beginning to think that this is just as far as my hair can grow.

>> No.9484507

>>9484463
You need to cut all the split ends off, anon, like all the way up where they start. When your hair starts splitting it starts breaking and that will be why you can't grow it out longer, in fact more frequent "search and destroy" trims may help it grow longer. There is no way to fix split ends, but maybe look into other protective things like protein treatments, deep conditioning, even the pillowcase you sleep on and how you style your hair

>>9484458
Do you use shampoo and conditioner, what do you use, and how often do you use it? Does your hair get dry, oily, or feel like there's lots of gunk on it even when there isn't? What about dandruff and dry scalp? Is your hair curly, straight, a combo? Can't really even recommend you a 101 beyond google...

>>9484457
Maybe just get a long wig in a similar colour to see if you even like the idea of it?

>> No.9484510

Could someone please recommend some products for reducing frizz, for fine and very frizzprone hair?

>> No.9484582

>>9484507
>Maybe just get a long wig
I have several, and I really like how I look in long hair, it's just that my dedication and patience is absolute crap
Thanks for the tip either way though

>> No.9484583

>>9484510
Don't wash your hair every day. Let it dry naturally. Use conditioner, and occasionally hair mask, both meant for damaged hair. I use keratin-infused products. Also consider getting a humidifier at home.

>> No.9484591
File: 517 KB, 416x624, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My goal is to get my hair this long. I haven't had long hair since I was a kid. I've been doing pretty well, going to go to the salon in another week or so to get my ends trimmed. My hair has grown pretty fast over the past two years, so I'm hopeful.

My problem is that my hair seems to tangle easily. I've been trying to keep my hair braided for the most part, but it'd be nice to be able to wear my hair down and in a pony tail more often. Anyone know what I can do to remedy this?

>> No.9484594

>>9484510
I've been using Aussie 3 minute miracle for damaged hair, and i think it's amazing at that.
iirc there's one for frizzy hair too?
It's a bit on the pricier side, but to me it's super worth it

>> No.9484793

>>9484594
I'm actually using that conditioner right now, and I do think it helps makes my hair softer but it doesn't really do anything for my frizz... maybe I should try the other version

>>9484583
I already wash my hair only once or twice a week, and I air dry it but it always ends up looking awful... does anyone know a good styling product to use with heat tools to give your hair a sleek look?

(I know heat tools aren't good for your hair, but I've already tried the no poo method and things like that and my hair is just naturally hideous. the only way to make it somewhat decent-looking is to straighten/curl it, but even then it's still frizzy)

>> No.9484796
File: 47 KB, 217x190, 1482922595231.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9484591
Have you tried using leave-in conditioner after washing your hair? It's a 10 is literally a miracle in a bottle. Also, Wet Brush brand hairbrushes are amazing for detangling. I use them to brush my wet hair or bed hair (I have REALLY thick/fluffy hair halfway down my back)
Congrats on getting your hair to grow so fast, btw!

>> No.9484817
File: 62 KB, 500x310, 4-frizzy-hair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what are some cute hairstyles for thick hair? I'm starting to get into lolita but I find that pretty much every magazine hairstyle I try looks meh on me. pic related is sort of like my hair texture, for reference

>> No.9484917

I've been using coconut oil in my hair/scalp and let me tell y'all, it's a goddamn miracle. My hair has never been so soft and it's growing stronger than it used to. Get the good quality, cold pressed oil, rub that shit all over your scalp and hair all the way to the ends, let it sit for ~5min before hitting the shower. Shampoo the whole hair length carefully (I do it in two parts, first upper and then the lower) and then use a conditioner as usual. I shower 3 times a week, so I do this everytime.

>> No.9484967
File: 41 KB, 400x400, 2223652.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9484510
i use argan oil hair products to help tame my frizz. if u have thin hair strands that looks greasy with other products i recommend this

>> No.9485013

>>9484433
>>9484484
Consider investing in keratin supplements to encourage growth. You likely already know this, but our diet affects our appearances more than we think.

>> No.9485142

I've had belly-button length hair for most of my life but last year I finally cut it all off. I've wanted short hair since I was a kid and I felt that my long hair was too high-maintenance. I'm only half-asian and my dad is half-asian, half-black, so my hair is naturally really thick and frizzy/curly. I've been using a heat iron to straighten it since I was really young, and that obviously damaged my hair to hell. Cutting it seemed like a good idea, and I honestly really like my short hair (I look like a tiny asian boy, it's great).

It's been a year since I've cut it, and now I'm starting to miss my long hair again. My hair grows out pretty fast but I know with the way I'm still treating my hair, I'll just end up with super damaged hair. What sort of things do you guys do to keep your hair healthy? Especially if you're someone that uses heat tools often? I wash my hair maybe once or twice a week and occasionally do coconut oil masks overnight. I haven't actually started growing it out yet (I just got it trimmed again last week), but when I start growing it out, I want to treat it right! I wish I had my mum's mostly straight asian hair, but I can only dream..

>> No.9485178

>>9485142
I'm in a similar position - cut off most of my waist-length hair last year, enjoyed it, but starting to miss it and growing it back. Do you use any products on it? I've been trying a kerastase masque, and I always put on argan oil, whether it's wet, drying, or dry. That seems to help, though my colour-damaged parts are still breaking easily, so if anyone else has any tips for that it would be good

>> No.9485183

>>9484510
This might be weird, but whenever I blowdry my hair after a shower, I use one of those dryer fresh sheets and put it on my brush.

It definitely helps with the frizz and also helps my hair stay pretty straight and soft.

>> No.9485196

Last summer I bleached and dyed my hair crazy colors and did my last bleach routine about 6/7 months ago. I stopped for a combination of money and starting to apply for adult job reasons, and it's mostly back to my original color. I did a box dye for black back in January that's all washed out (I wanted to keep the color even), but now my hair is VERY inconsistent, with sandy blonde splotches near the top on just one side, dark roots, and brown everywhere else. Should I just try to bleach my hair again and start recoloring from scratch, or am I better off just waiting for my hair to get better?

>> No.9485203

>>9485196
If you're going to dye your hair again, go get it professionally done. They'll be able to help a lot with keeping your hair healthy and getting it fixed.

>> No.9485208
File: 92 KB, 640x960, e230d51ff075f063c6715605b7bd517e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9484817
I have hair like this and I like doing two looped braids. You get a different effect with thick hair and end up with a sort of faux bob, it's more of an oldschool and classic hairstyle though and you need to have pretty long hair to do it if your hair is thick as your braids will be shorter and fatter than those a thin-haired person with the same length. I also sometimes do a sort of chignon where I put most of my hair into a low bun (can use a foam donut to help), leaving two thick-ish pieces out at the front, then braid those pieces and wrap them around the bun. Twin braids, twin buns or half-up-half-down twin buns are probably the easiest styles to do for sweet as any type of pigtail will just turn into a poofy mass.

I also think thick, wavy hair looks really really cute with lolita if it's just down and brushed out as long as it's been well-conditioned, especially if you have bangs - you can wet-set it to get really nice vintage waves (pic semi-related, couldn't find an example on Google with someone with actually thick hair even though I've seen it before). The problem is that it's really tricky to maintain over the course of a day without it poofing out and ending up like your picture at the first sign of humidity (many cafés and other places are humid from having lots of people breathing inside so my hair's usually fucked up by the end of a meet).

Tbh if you don't want to straighten it you should definitely look into vintage hairstyles, a lot of ones from the 50s or earlier are much easier to achieve with thick hair. If you like really classic styles you might be able to go Edwardian or earlier and not even need to get bangs but otherwise I'd recommend them.

>> No.9485658

>>9485183
lol that does sound weird, but anything's worth trying

>>9484967
I've tried ogx products and they didn't work for me, but thanks for the recommendation!

>> No.9485694
File: 93 KB, 500x500, 1489450536920.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Question:
I have blond, thick, slightly wavy and (slightly) frizzy hair. I have bangs, and my hair is just past my nipples. (Sorry, didn't know how else to say it)
I wash my bangs every morning and blowdry them into shape, yet obviously, due to the weather, they don't always stay that way. My bangs become wavy and I'm screwed.
I also feel more self-concious when wearing twwintails, since I have quite a round head, and my bangs don't always stay put. Therefore I have these questions;
- How do I keep my bangs slightly in style? Do you have any tips? Any products? Perhaps a way of cutting?
- Any tips on wearing twintails? Products to use, ways to cut your bangs, elasticbands etc.

Thank you very much! I just envy those whose bangs stay put and who can wear twintails whilst still looking cute..!

(Pic related; semi-goal)

>> No.9485712

I'm bleaching my hair using box-bleach, and I was wondering if there's an actual difference in price and how light you can go? I figured the main difference would be the damage it does to your hair and the degree to which it prevents yellowing, but I've been using a cheap-end box bleach and it refuses to lift my hair to the platina I want. Like, if it was kinda yellow but still very light that'd be one thing, I can fix that, but it just doesn't seem to even go that light? Is this just my hair or are the lower end box bleaches simply not that strong?

>> No.9485736

>>9485712
It isn't about price but about how strong the bleach is, your hair type, method, and goal. Imo of you cannot figure this out, don't do it at home.

Bleach will show the brassiness of your hair if you go for yellow, that is why you tone it out. It isn't supposed to be a one time deal to get from brown to white.

>> No.9485740

>>9485694
You want a serum that is specifically anti-humidity and for keeping your hair sleek/straight. A small amount of mousse or hairspray may also help.

>> No.9485748

>>9485694
Bring a small brush/comb with them and keep re-styling them, it's the only way I've managed to do it. Also curling your bangs rather than going for a really sleek, straight style disguises any waving that does occur.

>> No.9485763

>>9485694
I always use straighteners on my bangs with a very fine comb and curl them under at the end. I've had them for quite some time now so they've become trained and stay like that. Using mouse and spray isn't sustainable with blunt bangs, I find. It makes them look greasy by the end of the day.

>> No.9485764

>>9485712
What vol of bleach is it you're using? I use a rather inexpensive one but it's the best I've found. It's Jerome Russell b blonde powder and 40vol cream

>> No.9486083

>>9485740
Sorry if this question is obvious, but what exactly do you mean by a "serum"?
>>9485748
>>9485763
I use a round brush blowdryer, so I never straighten my bangs, but curl them like said.
But still; thank you for your advice up till now! Do you have any tips on wearing twintails without looking like someone who's into ageplay? No worries if you don't know!

>> No.9486109

>>9486083
I use a round barrelled blow dryer too but I find straightening it with a fine toothed comb afterwards really helps to keep it settled in place!
And twintails without looking like an age player is difficult lol. You just have to kinda accept it I suppose.

>> No.9486111

>>9486083
Although that being said, putting them further back makes them look less age-play ish, I find. Also either have them pretty high up, or just tied down low. Anywhere in between looks quite age play-ish.

>> No.9486411

>>9486083
I think half-up-half-down twintails or low twintails are much easier to get away with than high twintails.

>> No.9486592

>>9486083
Like a liquid hair product, basically serums coat your hair and depending on what they're designed to do, can help with heat protection and keeping a style in place.

>> No.9486753

>>9485694
i had this problem too when i had bangs, and i did straightening keratin treatments at home. i can't recommend it for thin hair though, since some hair tends to break off after the treatment. if you just do it on the bangs you'll be fine even with thin hair i guess

>> No.9486893

>>9485694
Use a single curler for your bangs. I have thinner bangs than you probably, but my bangs will fall flat due to how humid it is where I live. I'll put my bangs in curlers whenever I'm still for a long period of time-for me it is when I am at my work which is lab based or when I'm driving. When I am out and about, I just take the curler out. Just leaving the bangs in for an hour when you are still periodically throughout the day helps keeps them in shape all day!

>> No.9486895

Are there any cute styles for hair without bangs? I have so much bang envy but have had them before and hated them after a few days/growing them out was an awful process and haven't been able to find bang clips that match my hair. I'm also afraid of wearing bang clips so much that my hair will start thinning where I clip them.

>> No.9487270

>been wanting to try Living Proof brand for a while
>Ulta has a sale on it today, 50% off
>I also have a 5x extra points offer on the brand
>turns out only 3 items are on sale, none of which are shampoo or conditioner
>decide to make a $25 purchase anyway to get a free trial size item
>the product I'm most interested in is $24

Not like I needed more haircare products anyway. I'm sure a better deal will roll around soon enough.

>> No.9487526
File: 113 KB, 1080x810, IMG_4947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone have any tutorials or instructions on how to recreate this hairstyle?

>> No.9487534

>>9487526
Answered in another thread.
>>9487510

>> No.9487690

>>9487270
I worked at Sephora and got their dry shampoo for free to try. It lasted for three uses because it took A LOT of product to get it to work. Worst dry shampoo I've ever tried. I would never pay to try their products desu... Ask for a sample of the sample-able stuff at Sephora.

>> No.9487756

>>9487690
Ah dang. That's a bummer. I forgot about Sephora's samples! I'll stop by soon and try out that product before spending $24 on it.

>> No.9488164

>>9485183
how do you put the sheets on the brush anon?
I'm imagining you push the sheet through the bristles until it reaches the brush's pad?

>> No.9488214

>>9484591
Sorry anon but that's not likely to happen, long hair does not like ponytails unfortunately, especially if it's rubbing against your back/neck. I've currently got waist length hair and switched to braids/buns/hair sticks years ago. Some tips I can give however are rinsing your hair in cold water after washing, satin pillowcases, and using either microfiber or other 'non-pile' fabrics to dry your hair. It also helps if you use a shampoo/conditioner that doesn't cause too much buildup and clarify every month or so.
If you want to fake a ponytail with long hair twist the base and clip it facing upwards then cover the clip with a loose scrunchie, tease the base a little for volume and flip the hair back down. Looks damn cute for casual Lolita too.

>> No.9488218

>>9486895
How long is your hair?

>> No.9488440

>>9485208
thanks so much!

>> No.9488721

Does anyone have a tutorial they can recommend for ringlets? For reference, I have relatively straight (keratin treated though), very thick hair.

>> No.9489423

I noticed that a handful of people in this thread have done keratin treatments. I've got naturally curly/frizzy hair and I straighten it with a heat iron often. I've been thinking about trying out a keratin treatment, but I've never done it before.

Any recommendations on specific products for at-home treatments? Or do you guys prefer to go to salons for keratin treatments?

>> No.9489646

>>9489423
Tbh, for anything more complicated than washing my hair or trimming bangs, I go to the hairstylist. It's just too easy to fuck up.

>> No.9490309
File: 181 KB, 830x830, 1494806301519.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone else here with incredibly thin, brittle hair? I feel like I'm going bald with all the breakage and damage. I've tried different shampoos, avoiding over washing, under washing, brushing too much or too little and keeping it up vs down.

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking of trying castor oil to help strengthen it. Any tips?

>> No.9490410

>>9484421

>got bangs
>instant regret
>cut hair
>instant regret

i just want to have no oily side bangs and hair to my neck gulls but i know i'll be dissatisfied with it in a week so i don't know what to do

any other gulls know this feel?

>> No.9490823

>>9490410
i kinda have this feel except the hair stylist cut my bangs wrong (i even showed her a picture of how i wanted it) and now i don't have the side piece on my left side to frame my face and makes my face look uneven.

should have just cut them myself like i usually do and regret going to an american hair stylist that doesn't know how to cut hair.

>> No.9490858

>>9490309
What about dietary things?

>> No.9490991

Is there some sort of resource on learning about how to take care of your hair properly? Because I'm that uneducated. I only know that most of what I used to do to my hair was wrong, besides washing it. I know about skincare but this I'm completely empty in knowledge.....

>> No.9490996

>>9490309
sounds more like a health problem or a dietary deficiency, anon. see a doc.

>> No.9493074
File: 32 KB, 500x500, nice-black-hair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what is this kind of haircut called?

like, how the ends are cut and such (particularly noticeable at the top of the ponytail)

or I guess, how would I adequately describe such to a hairdresser?

>> No.9493112

>>9493074
Layers/layering, straightened layered hair was very popular in the 00s.

>> No.9493161

What are some good but cute hairstyles for someone who has a square and wide face?

I can't do bangs because it makes me look like i have downs

>> No.9493860

Any tips on styling fringe in humid weather? Is it worth putting in hairspray or is there a better alternative? I find when I use hairspray it tends to look worse as the day progresses..

>> No.9493865

>>9493860
I mean specially heat styling with a flat iron.

>> No.9493872

>>9493860
I usually just carry a little brush and just keep periodically bushing it throughout the day to try and keep shape. I also carry a travel size can of dry shampoo in my hand bag which can be really helpful.
If your hair is like mine and horrendously frizzy in the heat, then some days it's best to just do a nice braid that incorporates your fringe and keeps it of your face.
After styling maybe try a styling balm or gel spray? Maybe try a lighter hold hairspray and top it up during the day if needed?
The fringe game is high maintenance, you just gotta find try out some stuff what works for you.

>> No.9494140
File: 103 KB, 1024x576, Pull_Through_Braid_Thumbnail_1024x1024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9487526
>>9487534
Those ain't three strand, they're pull through braids. You start with a pony, then tie the sections, and for every interval you need to split the hair down the middle in two bunches and pull the rest of the length through it, tugging slightly for volume. I get the best results if I tie an interval at a time, because if you tie all the ribbons down your length then yu won't be able to tug easily and strain your hair without necessity. Curl the ends and voilá.

>> No.9495347

>>9493161
Side parting, face framing layers staying nose to lip length so that they hang around your face and soften your jaw. Soft waves are nice but not too bouncy or you end up with added width. Keep your hair length longer overall

>>9490991
Google?

>> No.9495796

>>9484427
I've got thin, straight hair more or less this length. Could I get a digital perm to make it look like this? Or would it fuck my hair?

For reference, my hair is so thin I can't keep clips or other accessories in it since they just slide out.

>> No.9496790

Curling irons? What size and brand do you use?
Is there also an alternative to hair spray to stop the curls falling out quickly?

>> No.9502933
File: 63 KB, 480x480, IMG_6934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bumping to save this thread. What colors have you dyed your hair that you didn't actually regret?

>> No.9503265
File: 98 KB, 900x900, L21dc2Y.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here is a question!

I have decently thick wavy hair but I like to straighten it for certain looks. Thing is, it seems like my results with the flat iron are always random. Sometimes when I straighten it it stays looking full yet straight (pic related is similar to my hair on a good day)

But 60% of the time it comes out flat and limp looking, and sticks to the shape of my head (I don't know how to describe it). It also looks kind of greasy when it's like this? Am I using a bad shampoo?

So question is why is it sometimes coming out flat? I generally let my hair air dry till it's just a little damp and then blow dry for a minute or two. Heat setting on my flat iron is like medium/high around 300 degrees.

Pls halp

>> No.9503619

>>9502933
I've had a similar blue and bleached blonde combo, and did the half and half dye like 4 years ago.
I've also had green, pink bangs, purple, and blue/black.
I wouldn't say I adored them or that they were hideous, but they were not magical either.

>> No.9503625
File: 810 KB, 852x1399, IMG_20170531_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm looking to get a new hair cut/style that will better suit my face.
I have always gone between a side part and box bangs, but I'm just looking for something new.

I recently cut about 6 inches of my length off for "newness", but it didn't scratch that itch.
Also fat square face from unhealthy college diet.
Any tips or recommendations?

Please excuse the shit-tier quality photo

>> No.9504114

>>9503265
Do you use any serum or product at all when you straighten it? That can often help with consistent results. Air temperature and humidity also affect things

>> No.9504307

>>9503265
It might help to blow it dry upside down for volume and then only really straighten the ends

>> No.9504615
File: 92 KB, 850x601, 1494174342341.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would a megumin like hairstyle work irl?
Anyone ever try it? Would you recommend others who are willing to try such a daring style?

>> No.9504644

>>9504615
I used to have my hair cut similarly. It's just layered.

>> No.9504667
File: 50 KB, 550x653, Balayage_Hair_Colors_Ideas21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would getting a strawberry blonde / pink balayage work and look nice on lolita hairstyle (blunt bangs, long and straight)?

>> No.9504696

>>9490410
Yes i do.
Ive had bangs all my life, just above the eyebrows. I cut them completely once, hated myself more than ever for doing that.
I saw recently a korean girl using a hair curler to style her bangs but those dont seem to work for me. Maybe im using them wrong, but they looked so nice on her hair, i dont know what is the secret.

>> No.9504717

>>9485712
Ah, i have the same problem. Bought the strongest on the supermarket, not cheap (for me) used two boxes the same week, which i do not reccomend. I got scared halfway through and i washed my hair quickly because i was afraid i might go bald. I got a nice unnatural blonde, but i wanted white or something close to white. I wanted to dye my hair gray/silver, which doesnt work if you have blonde hair. It needs to be very pale. I bought a purple toner which is supposed to make the blonde go away, making it sort of white. Didnt work, specially after washing my hair a few times. I hated being blonde so i dyed it half black, making it a gradiant, sort of grey style. I already gave up on having white hair so i bought a silver wig and im looking for a white one that i like and isnt too expensive.

>> No.9504803

>>9484967
I apologize for being an autismo but if you can handle the splurge I would really recommend Josie maran's Argan oil instead; ogx usually uses silicones as a filler and then maybe a little argan oil. Some people with finer hair (me) have my hair weighed down as a result, and silicones block any additional moisture from going into your hair/build up over time if you don't use a clarifying shampoo. It's how people get that oily roots/dry ends effect.
I also recommend Living proof nourishing hair oil. It isn't argan oil, but it's still so nice.

>> No.9504834
File: 606 KB, 486x788, hair.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just bleached my hair and I managed to lift it from a dark brown to a very pale yellow with some faint brassy tones. I'm unsure if I should do one more round of bleach with a 10-20 volume developer or try toning it for a more natural color. Is my hair still to brassy/yellow for toner to work?

>> No.9504889

>>9503625
I wouldn't have any advice for you since I don't know shit about hair but you look like a friend I had but like 100% better and cuter than them.

>> No.9505442

>>9484433
I got a pixie cut 2 years ago and my hair is about mid-breast now. I really want it to be midback length; still a long way to go.

>>9504834
Toning will remove brassiness.

>> No.9505537

I read that silk pillowcases can help reduce frizz in hair, is this actually true? If so, where can I get one?

>> No.9505806

>>9504644
even with the long tails she has going on?
is there any way to cut it myself or should I just go to a professional?

>> No.9505818

>>9484967
Hairdressers keep using argan oil on me and desu I find it makes my (frizzy/curly) hair feel greasy.

>> No.9505828

>>9504696
I think curled bangs work better with super thin piecey hair unfortunately.

>>9505806
It looks like a mullet or rat tails desu, not a great look.

>>9496790
Can't give you advice on size without knowing what you're looking for, do you want beachy waves or gothic ringlets?

>> No.9506422

can someone recommend a good deep conditioner for fine hair that won't leave a sticky residue? i tried the ORS replenishing pak and for some reason the first time i tried it, it worked well and my hair was pretty soft for about a week. then last night i used it and it left my hair feeling sticky and gross.

>> No.9511040

>>9506422
Have you tried Aussie 3 minute miracle?

>> No.9511074

>>9511040
I haven't, does it work well with dry-ish and frizzy/flyaway hair?

>> No.9511166

>>9504615
>>9505828
Yeah I think a sort of "scene mullet" is what would be closest irl. I don't think it'd be bad though especially if they're blended more. I had assymetrical hair where I had a long piece in front behind my bangs but in front of my ear and while it wasn't as long or set back as far as hers is, since it was blended with a lot of layers it was a good 2d to 3D translation for that kind of look.

>> No.9511211

>>9511074
It was pretty good on my hair when I dried it out bleaching it. Dunno about frizzy though, my hair is dead straight and limp most of the time

>> No.9511335

I use a handmade hair mask once per week and i wash my hair almost daily (it gets really oily) with an onion shampoo. The onion is supposed to help your hair grow quicker, and i also help my follicles by massaging them, even out of the shower. I stopped using the shampoo because i dyed my hair, and the onion really takes away all the color, so keep that in mind.

>> No.9511425

Please help.
I have long, wavy hair that reaches the top of my waist. I've been treating it well for as far as I can tell, but I've got split ends everywhere. Not just at the bottom, but across the entire length of my hair on the ends of the shorter hairs too.
I know the common advice is to just cut your hair along the entire split end area, but if I wanted to do that I'd have to shave my head bald.
Is there any alternative that will at least make it look better if not fix this?
I've got a ton of really short (flyaway) hairs on the top of my head as well.

>> No.9511694

>>9511425
Seems like you should ask a hairdresser.

>> No.9511904
File: 70 KB, 567x765, IMG_4097.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9504615
I HAD THIS HAIR!!! It was so fun and playful, and you can pin the front pieces back for a pixie look. I wish I didn't cut them off, I watched konosuba after doing it and I was so sad.

>> No.9512469

>>9511425
Either do a search and destroy, dusting, or get a hairdresser to trim the shorter/longer parts separately.

>> No.9514626
File: 73 KB, 214x450, yhst-88462588038071_2475_338846357.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know any floral or rose scented leave in conditions/hair butters? I saw this online but just wanted to see if anyone had other recommendations.

A lot of my leave ins are coconut scented, shea butter scented or argan oil scented and idk Im just not a fan of scent.

i really prefer hair butters.

>> No.9514976
File: 525 KB, 2048x2048, haircompare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9484433
2012 vs 2017. Sorry for the inappropriate bathroom pic and if I had brushed it out it could have looked nicer.

>>9484507
I stopped using any products at all besides coconut oil and stopped washing it all the time. Also adopted the search and destroy method.

>> No.9514981

>>9485208
When my hair starts getting poofy I brush oil through it or put in in two braids for a minute or two to 15 minutes, then it comes out in waves.

>> No.9515361
File: 31 KB, 401x546, 23f1175b4748a5dd239d2ae1249bc924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9484433
> Does anyone else feel a bit hopeless trying to grow out their hair? I am at about armpit length now, and I want to be waist or hip. It just feels like it's going to take forever.. and I'm afraid it won't even look how I want it to.
I found some videos once where people show the growing out process over some years... Dunno if I can find them again, but they're out there somewhere. I guess growing out healthy, pretty hair just IS going to "take forever"

>> No.9515564

>>9515361
I've been meaning to try the inversion method but always forget.

>> No.9515639

>>9515564
Do you have serious heart issues? Maybe tend to faint when you stand up? Obviously pale and cold patches on your scalp maybe?
No?
Then you will get no extra growth from this. It's a waste of time. Basic biology. You cannot force nutrients into your cells this way.

>> No.9515687

>>9502933
Definitely purple. Faded to a sort of strawberry blonde that was perfectly acceptable. The bright blue I did faded to a nice algae green that was so bad I had to get it cut

>> No.9515793
File: 273 KB, 885x1000, 57a0652afca0d5e5d0e29e89396ca561.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I'm trying to get something that looks kind of like the pic (a red and black spiky style). I definitely can't pull that off with my hair, so it comes down to a wig, which I know like nothing about.

Would it be better to search out a 2 tone wig like that, or could I buy a red/black wig and dye or paint the other color in?

>> No.9516065

>>9515793
you'll probably need a time machine to go back to 2004 to achieve that style

>> No.9516090

>>9514981
Mine would just get disgustingly greasy if I did this. A lot of curly hair tutorials seem to suggest a lot of moisture but coconut oil and olive oil don't work well with my hair, IDK why.

>> No.9516390

>>9502933
Can anyone recommend a blue or purple dye that doesn't stain hair green?

>> No.9517057

>>9515639
I assumed it was just about increasing blood flow to the area to stimulate hair follicles or something + gravity. Yeah I do have orthostatic hypotension so who knows. I'll probably keep forgetting to do it tho.

>> No.9517059

>>9516090
Do you just apply it like leave in conditioner or do you condition with it then wash it out?

>> No.9517247

>>9503625
You have a short forehead so i think no bangs would look better on you. Maybe get some layers in your hair too for volume

>> No.9517288

>>9516390
Special Effects Blue Velvet.

>> No.9517440

>>9516065
Scene chick shit aside, it was the closest pic I could find when I googled "red and black spikey wig"

>> No.9517476

What can I do with a #2 buzz cut?

>> No.9517483

>>9516390
manic panic ultraviolet

>> No.9517493

>>9517059
Olive oil I'd tried to apply lightly and leave in because some older Indian women I worked with suggested I try it, as it's traditional there, but I hated the results and ended up having to use a really clarifying shampoo too get it out. The olive oil left residue on pillows and clothes and was really hard to wash out - I don't think I'd touch it even for a conditioning treatment. Coconut oil wasn't as bad so I did use it like leave-in conditioner but it still made my hair get greasier faster, resulted in some grease transfer, and drastically shortened how long I could go between washes. Maybe I was just using way too much? When I tried to use tiny amounts it was really hard to evenly distribute the product.

>> No.9517496

>>9517493
Have you tried argan oil? Pure argan oil can be kinda pricey but I find it absorbs well into my skin after applying with my hands and doesn't leave greasy residue whenever I touch things with my hands/hair. As a bonus it works really well for my elbows/knees when they're really dry

>> No.9517502
File: 10 KB, 320x320, atlas-mountain-rose-fragrance-mist-2-320x320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9514626
Though I can't think of any rose scented leave-ins, have you considered using a light scented mist on your hair? They often contain alcohol so you wouldn't want to go overboard, but a small amount really makes a lasting difference

>> No.9517512

>>9490309
I've had terrible hair for the last few years due to health issues and stress, unfortunately that's not an easy fix if that's what you're suffering from too. Stopping brushing my hair worked for me, but i have very straight hair that doesn't tangle. At least it prevented further breakage. I stayed away from blow drying and heat styling too. Recently I got my hair cut into a pixie and it feels very thick and very healthy. You could consider getting short hair too.

>> No.9517517

>>9502933
Regret:
>blonde highlights on brown
>blue
>green
>pink

No regret:
>Brown to green ombre
>brown to silver ombre
>UV yellow
>pink to purple ombre
>ginger
>pearly white

>> No.9517629

>>9502933
My base colour is black and I generally do the ends or just the front rather than my full head.

Regret:
>apple green
>mid toned blues - they all fade to a disgusting green
>fuschia pink
>box 'violet'

No regret:
>dark blue
>dark purple
>red
>bright hot pink that was basically red

>> No.9517705

>>9502933
I have naturally very very dark brown hair and I basically have a balayage ombre that I just change the color on periodically. I liked bright ass pink, honeycomb blonde, purple, purple with blueish highlights, metallic mauve. I HATED dark blue. Thinking I'm going to go red in a few months.

>> No.9519583
File: 36 KB, 463x660, 7a419889d6b7b458bf26545664910297.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How can I achieve an even one-length blunt cut at home? I've watched the tutorials that suggest sectioning your hair off into two front facing ponytails. However that would leave the back of my hair rounded. And if I were to place my hair in one ponytail and cut from the back, the front of my hair would be longer than the back. Is there a way to achieve this style on my own, or would I need assistance?

>> No.9519594

>>9517496
Hairdressers have used argan oil on me on two different salon trips and I found it super greasy and hated it, but maybe they got freaked out by my thick hair and overcompensated and used too much. That was years ago though so I might try it again.

>> No.9519627

>>9519583
I actually think this is one thing worth getting assistance with whether it's the hairdresser or a trusted friend with hair experience. Any twisting/turning, even naturally tilting your head etc can fuck up getting it even and it's so much easier to have someone else do for you

>> No.9523038
File: 43 KB, 410x530, IMG_6750.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

im a faggot femboy and i really want chihiro's hairstyle, but im not sure if it translates well in real life. anyone have any real life pictures of a hairstyle like this?

>> No.9523089

>>9495796
same here. No idea on the perms, I just wanted to commiserate.

>> No.9523093

>>9516065
wicked sick burn!

>> No.9525186

What's the male version of a pixie cut?

>> No.9525225

Anyone have experiences with Asian bubble dyes? Like palty, prettia, freshlight, etc. I have hair bleached to a level 6-7 darkish blonde hair with about 2 inches of roots and was wondering if any of them would be able to cover both parts of evenly.

>> No.9525265

>>9525186
A pixie cut.

>> No.9527253

I have pretty fine/thin hair, especially at the front. I find my hair tends to get very split/dry as I grow it out. It also gets greasy at the roots if I go more than two days without washing. I use just Aussie moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Are more expensive shampoos worth it or should I stick with the cheap stuff?

>> No.9527527

>>9525225
I've read in someone's review that Palty dries/damages your hair pretty badly and that you'll probably need to end up using multiple boxes to get the color you want since it looked like they don't provide you with enough product. I guess just make sure you have enough moisturizing products to deal with the after damage.

>> No.9527558
File: 58 KB, 441x302, 1496919701983.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9525265
why did i laugh so hard

>> No.9527691

>>9527253
Maybe you're using the wrong products for your hair - most people can get to twice weekly washing for longer hair, which helps prevent the splits and dryness. Have you tried conditioner only washing/ CWC or other methods to prevent the dryness? You don't need to spend megabucks to find decent shampoo and conditioner but it might be worth trying a different brand.

>> No.9529681

>>9489423
I've done ion keratin treatment semi regularly on my own. Did the first in salon but after I figured I could do it on my own. It's good for getting rid of frizz and making my hair easier to straighten. Do it about every year to every 6 months.

>> No.9530085

>>9523038
bump

>> No.9530834

>>9525225
I used the Missha bubble dye with medium length hair (to shoulder blades) with great success. I had enough bubble dye left over to apply it to my extensions. My hair was a very faded pale pink/blonde and I had dark brown roots, which it was able to cover slightly. The color did not stay very long however.

I'm thinking about trying out a palty dye next, because I loved the color but the shipping took forever and palty is easier to obtain from a US seller.

>> No.9532786

A big part of hair is genetics. The signal is sent out to stop growing hair in different stages all over the body at a specific length, and it depends upon your genetic coding. If you're not asian, you probably won't have hair get to 200 cm (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZU81ZltAY6CBrXWMFx-uQ)) unless you're obsessively keeping your scalp from sending down any of those bitey mites (fungicide shampoo from rite aid is $3). Of course theres also blood flow and nutrition, so you can forget about forcing it past your genetic restriction without diet, hydration, and at least mild exercise.
I wear short, straight pixie length hair and should have curly, medium hair (boob length). My hair grows 2-3 cm of roots monthly just because it isn't at its "supposed" length. I also eats loads of miso and various seaweeds, but it won't send that stop signal until its at my boobs.

>> No.9536059
File: 157 KB, 700x735, waka.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I need more easy style.

>> No.9536063

>>9523038
>>9530085
Fuck off.
>>9502933
How does opal hair fade? Has anyone here ever attempted it?

>> No.9536369
File: 3.40 MB, 1920x2560, 17-06-28-17-23-51-492_deco.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been growing mine for 2 and a half years from a pixie cut and I'm seeing my natural curl for the first time since childhood. The first pic was my nasty ultra heat/bleach damaged hair. I was so sick of it I chopped it all off in 2013 and now I'm aiming for as long as it will grow. It's taking forever but I don't use any heat on it, I just put curl jelly on it and air dry it. Annoyingly it grows slowly because it doesn't just go straight down

>> No.9536373

>>9532786
I am so envious of her hair length

>> No.9536892

>>9536369
The length and way the curls frame your face in 2016 is so cute! And the pic of 2017 is lovely. Congrats for regaining control of your hair! It looks much healthier than the first pic.

>> No.9537423

>>9536892
Thank you anon! Yeah there just isn't much hope for getting curly hair back once it's damaged.

>> No.9537532

For some reason I've been thinking about growing my hair to its terminal length,
Should I? I'd be ok with the whole maintenance aspect and I take really good care of my hair right now (Length-wise, it almost reaches my lower back) but I'm wondering if it would even look good. I like some pictures and videos I've seen of that kind of length but then again, it's different seeing the result in real life than online.
Should I? Opinions?

>> No.9537545

>>9537532
You won't know it's maximum length until you grow it, and as it grows you'll have plenty of time to deliberate on it. It's not like long hair looks bad on anyone, you just have to accept it might be heavy and it has its own styling restrictions.

>> No.9538270
File: 1.20 MB, 586x1144, hair.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was wondering if I could have some haircut suggestions. I've gotten tired of having long hair since it's pretty high maintenance and I'm tired of it getting caught on everything. I'm having a tough time deciding on how to cut it. I've been thinking about getting a bob cut with fringe. I'm not sure if it'd suit me or if it'd work with curly hair though.I'm terrified of getting a bad haircut after having some horrible ones a few years ago. So any suggestions on what kind of style would best suit my face would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. sorry I don't have any good pics of my hair down. Right now my hair is about waist length when it's loose.

>> No.9538366
File: 68 KB, 659x659, a96dcc5c8973f540e4ecd92d32ab6b71.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9536373
Why? You realize how weird and unmanageable 200 cm of hair is, right? It has no practical use or function, is unprofessional looking, takes lot of time and energy to groom, and if you really want to look exactly like that, you can buy a wig or get extensions put in, and take them out whenever you want to have pragmatic hair.
>>9537532
Get extensions for a week and see if the extra energy is too annoying.
>>9538270
Your hair is really lovely, and the tight waves look good but can be pretty hard to work with at a shorter style -- less weight pulling on the upper portion.
The most trendy, easy, and universally flattering cut is the collarbone lob. Your ovular craniofacial structure will suit any cut, but because you seem scared, I'd get a lob just brushing the shoulders before committing to a bob. With our curls, styling a fringe on a daily basis is a pain, and risks heat damage, so I'd go like this but with longer front layers.

>> No.9538412

I am so jealous of everyone's hair here. I have baby fine hair with ZERO body and look terrible with short hair.

I'll probably wear wigs almost daily until I die. :(

>> No.9538823

>>9538412
How long is your hair? Some people just naturally have fine hair, but they work out styles which suit them or ways to make it look fuller. there's products for volume and different ways to backcomb of bouffant your hair a little. You could also put some heatless curls in it for volume.

>> No.9538861
File: 154 KB, 1558x2048, FB_IMG_1495458117238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9538270
Gonna disagree with >>9538366 here and say that heat styling a fringe from curly hair is no big deal unless your hair grows very slowly, because trimming the fringe will get rid of older hair before it gets heat damaged. You seem to have a high forehead too so a fringe might be flattering.

I mean, YMMV depending on your own hair type and all, but I've had curly hair with a fringe I use straighteners on without heat protection spray for a few years with no ill effects. Unless you want to grow the fringe out again you don't need to worry.

Straight fringe + curly/curled hair isn't a common look outside of lolita and vintage hair though, so consider whether it'd look normal/professional in your area. You can wear it curly too like pic related.

>> No.9538872

>>9538270
Remember that the length of your hair is probably making it more manageable in terms of curls right now - I've got a friend growing theirs out from a very short, boyish cut and they basically have a halo of floofy curls because their hair is just not heavy enough to pull itself down before it gets to shoulder length. Your forehead is kinda huge so a fringe is a fantastic idea, I'd get a longer fringe so that when it's straight you can side sweep it and when it's curly it sits over your forehead but long enough to clip up/to the side if needed. I wouldn't take it shorter than collarbone lob just due to managing it and also having the option of tying it back for bad hair days.

>> No.9538917

>>9484591
I just got keratin hair treatment for the first time as I read it helped hair be more managable/tangle less and holy hell it help.
Whenever I'd wear a ponytail or my hair down for 5 minutes I wouldn't be able to run my fingers through it. Now it's like silk.

Why do you trim your hair fortnightly? That would slow growing progress..

>> No.9538926

Any way to fix the ratty looking ends of my hair or is it trim time?

>> No.9539080

>>9538926
Trimming is the best fix.

>> No.9539519
File: 843 KB, 617x619, taeyeon3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How can I style my bangs to achieve this look. I recently got bangs based on this picture, but I'm unsure how to style them on my own.

>> No.9539528

>>9539519
I have similar bangs but shorter and I use a small round brush at the roots when I blowdry, then pull the brush straight down so they don't get too round and veer into tacky 80s hair territory

>> No.9539816

Ive been growing my hair out for almost 4 years now. It went from short bob to boob level mermaid hair and I love it. I just wish it wasn't so thin. I switched to sulfate free shampoo and use oils in my hair. I feel like I should be doing more to get it as healthy as I'd like. I just got married last week, so I was glad my hair was long enough to do pretty side cascading curls. I think I'll keep growing it out since I really love my long hair.

>> No.9539827

>>9538926
Trim time.

>>9539519
Seconding the round brush, or blowdry over a large roller and gently brush after. I usually use product in my bangs - anything light and heat protecting that will help the style hold is fine.

>> No.9541528
File: 17 KB, 225x300, e52b60c8d9d773ae18f0ea08bbacb9a6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So many of you girls are trying to grow it out. I'm cutting mine short as soon as I can.

>shoulder length hair with heavy bangs for years
>decide I wanna grow it to under arm length because I missed it and could "do more with it"
>achieve it a year later
>can't figure out how I wanna style it
>too hot to wear it down
>constant headaches from ponytails and buns
>doesn't look as cute
>did more with it when it was shorter.

I'm not going back to shoulder length short but I'm taking a good 5 inches off. Something like this.

>> No.9542127
File: 82 KB, 564x815, ae807eb4a234df3215e6b616e5de49c3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9541528
I'm like you anon.
Grew out my hair, now it's just above the bum length, and truthfully..I hate it.
Can't do anything with it, my hair is too long, smooth & heavy to hold curls, can't style for shit cause whatever I try doesn't hold.
Constantly throw in ponytails, braids and never wear it down cause it will tangle badly if I do.
Can't wait to get myhair cut this week!
Going for something like this, cute French girl style bob.

>> No.9542201

>>9542127
That's an adorable haircut, anon.

I'm getting mine chopped off in a couple of hours.

>> No.9542728

>>9542127
Save the hair if you can be bothered, most places you can sell/donate it.

>> No.9543279

>>9542728
>donate hair 2 kidz wit cancer

>> No.9544340

My hair is naturally super straight and fine. Like to the point where people ask me if I straighten it. It really doesn't like to hold a curl. And it's dyed a very light blonde, which means sometimes gels make it look greasy and it changes color if I don't wash it every other day. And crunchy hair drives me insane. Because of all this, I've been wary of styling products but I know I should be using something if I want to get it to hold a style.
Does anyone else have a similar hair type? What products do you like?

>> No.9544850

>>9544340
Depends what sort of styling you want to do to it, are you looking for loose waves or bouncy curls or just a bit of volume? And what length is it because some products work better on shorter hair.

I had hair in a similar texture, extremely fine and straight, and after I got it bleached (from dark brown to blonde) it became wavy and now holds a curl really well. Before that, when my hair was straight and long, I used to use this tresemme hairspray when I curled it because it was borderline glue, and would set my hairstyle for days.

>> No.9544918

>>9544340
If you want volume I think there are products containing sea salt and similar for body, a lot of people I know with fine hair find it gets wavier at the seaside. I have unmanageably thick hair though so IDK what brand does those products except for Lush.

>> No.9545631
File: 582 KB, 1810x3357, Blurry AF but colour correct.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9484421
I only ever put my hair in a ponytail. I've never dyed or treated my hair. I just kinda thought Zero looked cool when I was a kid and kept growing it... Any suggestions on fun things to do?

>> No.9545633
File: 780 KB, 1573x3648, Not blurry but colour is off.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9545631
Here is a less blurry picture, though the lighting makes the top of my head look way darker than it is, hair is even colour throughout except under my neck where it's mysteriously kinda an ashen colour.

>> No.9545667

Currently growing a pixie cut. The shortest layers get down to under my ears while the longest reach my back. I'm thinking of going to the salon to get it a bit more equal. Anybody got some pics of cute short bobs please?
Also I'm in Japan, I can speak Japanese and have asian hair so there shouldn't be any issue but are there some things I should know before going?

>> No.9545679

>>9545631
Look at the longhaircommunity forums and cute girls' hairstyles. Heaps of cool updos and braids, if you can't braid then now will be the time to learn.

>> No.9545930

>>9545679
I'm terrible at it, I can braid other peoples though. Thanks, I will look into those though.

>> No.9546655

>>9545633
Your hair is absolutely beautiful anon. I know it might be scary but I think you might benefit from a light trim of the ends just to tidy it up a bit and get rid of the splits - you won't believe the difference it makes, it can turn very pretty long hair into crazy-too-good-to-be-true anime princess hair. Chances are, it won't even look any shorter, even though it technically will be.

You may also find styling easier after a trim, as you get less wisps and fallout fly aways etc.

>> No.9548874
File: 537 KB, 2000x1000, frizzycurlyhair.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9536369
>>9538366
What products and treatments should I use to get my hair like this starting from pic related?
My hair is naturally really curly, but it gets dry and frizzy pretty fast.

Do you also maintain that volume through the day?

>> No.9551074

Is there some kind of secret to straightening your hair without causing a bunch of damage every time that I don't know about? I use heat protectant and use heat to style my hair maybe 3x a week, but every time I do it my ends decide it's time to split.

I have boob-length curly hair (3A-ish) that's super dry. I really want to get some more length but I'm beginning to think it's futile since the straightening does so much damage.

>> No.9551089

>>9484796
Is Wet Brush better than Tangle Teezer? Currently I just use a shitty plastic comb in the shower and Tangle Teezer after shower/when it's dry.

>> No.9552648
File: 8 KB, 225x225, main-qimg-c05fe9cb019d66ae0c55627e483ad2e6-c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Posting end goal

Currently its around my shoulder

>> No.9552703

>>9548874
Growing out pixie anon here, I've been experimenting with products for ages so I just found things that work for me. As shitty as reddit can be, the curlyhair sub can be really helpful for advice on what to do with naturally curly hair. Personally my routine is shampoo my scalp, condition the ends, then when I come out the shower I crunch in mythic oil, and then some curl jelly I've forgotten the name of. I then just let it air dry or for max volume I blow dry with a diffuser gently it on cold air upside down. (This takes forever so I don't do it very often).
Using a good oil/ curl jelly/ leave in conditioner will be your best tool, and drying it in a way which doesn't aggravate it. So no towelling your hair aggressively or blasting it with a hot blow dryer.

>>9551074
I'd say aside from using good quality heat protective sprays, you can't expect to be able to put heat on it every day and not become more dry and brittle. It's possible that the damage of straightening your hair is what's actually preventing your hair from getting longer.

>> No.9552704

>>9552703
Damn it i should have proof read better, I just woke up. *scrunch, *for max volume I blow dry it with my diffuser on cold air, holding my head upside down.

>>9552648
He has some amazing hair.

>> No.9552715

How do you guys have long hair without it spreading out triangularly across your shoulders and looking ugly? I had long hair when I was a kid and I cut it off because it looked like crap since it would always assume a weird unflattering triangular form, like draping fully over your shoulders instead of neatly and straightly hanging down like >>9484591. Was this a matter of not being attentive to it, is that why girls always push their hair back so often? Since it probably happened when I would move around and it contacted outer shoulder and just stayed there. I'm not actually interested in having long hair again since short hair is so much more convenient and I think cuter anyways, but I've always wondered how people keep such long hairs from just going all over the place.

>> No.9552743

>>9552715
Yeah you just have to push it back behind your ears/tuck it back whenever it falls forward. It works better once your hair is at least mid back length because there's more weight to hold it there. Also curlier/wavier hair tends not to sit back like that as easily because it has more movement/volume

>> No.9552878

>>9552743
That sounds horribly annoying to have to be mindful of and the constant hair-touching is way too feminine a gesture for me to be comfortable with. Ganba, people who think long hair is worth all the trouble.

>> No.9553060

>>9552715
>>9552878

It actually feels really good, particularly if you're already partial to long hair, and have sleek, decently long hair. Think of it like a biological fidget toy you grew yourself.

>> No.9553697

>>9552878
The other option is pinning it back - a couple of bobby pins or clips hidden behind your ears will help it sit back without looking like it's tied back, but since most people develop the pushing the hair back as an unconscious gesture it's not that big a deal.

>> No.9553710

>>9545633
My hair is only a little bit shorter than this. I only ever braid it or put it in rag curls. How else can I style it for classic? I'm on the fence of lopping it all off but it took so long to grow out.

>> No.9554307
File: 204 KB, 880x1189, IMG_6183.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got a sleepmask as a hair accessory but I'm not sure how to wear it. The hair needs volume at the back for it to sit right, but I'm not sure how to do something like pic related? Beehives usually look disgusting IRL, should I do a bun or what's the best way to go about this? I like the whole half up/half down thing going on here. Thanks in advance

>> No.9554324

>>9553710
Look at historical styles, many of them use long hair and hair pieces.

>> No.9554328
File: 574 KB, 1011x941, 20170709_162603-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9485712
DON'T use 40vol developer! To bleach hair you need a mixture of bleach powder and peroxide cream develover, the peroxide is what damages the hair. Buying these seperately will be cheaper than using box bleach no matter what brand you use. The powder is the same but the developer comes in different strengths, you should never need to use more than 20vol or max 30vol developer per bleach session.

Pic related it's my hair, after 5 bleach sessions with 10vol and 20vol developer. It's naturally dark brown and still pretty healthy.

>> No.9554337

I'm trying to grow my hair longer, but I'm black, get relaxers, don't wear wigs/extensions, nor do I like wearing my hair up (so protective styling is out). So it's been hard for me to get it to grow because of breakage and shedding.

I think I'm going to have to face it and suck it up and just start wearing my hair tucked up in a bun or something once the breakage from needing relaxer touchups starts happening.

>> No.9554344

>>9554337
You can't grow your hair out without using protective styles. Either go natural and grow it out properly or give up. Your relaxer shit is ruining your hair.

>> No.9554743

>>9554344
I don't like my natural hair (I hate having curly hair) so that's not an option unless I decide to press it all the time. And even then eventually I'd have to chop off all the prior relaxed hair and be starting back at square one on short hair.

I'm going to try a protective style for the time before I get touch-ups to see if that helps any. It's grown a bit in the last few months without protective styling after I pretty much stopped using my curling iron, but wanted to do a bit more to stop breaking.

Or I might look into how much having weave put in would cost and try out funding that. I like longer straight hair, or lightly curled hair that's left down and loose, so that would be the last option.

>> No.9554906
File: 46 KB, 500x600, 62935.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9554337
would you ever consider letting your hair grow out naturally then getting braids? When done well it can look so damn cool and gives the look of straight hair. A really good stylist can make the braids super tiny too if that's the look you prefer.

Like the other anon said, relaxing absolutely wrecks your hair. Giving it a chance to recover would be the best thing you could do for it.

>> No.9554935

>>9485712
save up the money to get it done professionally, I cannot stress this enough.

You're going to have to bleach it more than once with box bleach, most likely you'll run out as well if you have hair that goes past your ears, and ESPECIALLY if you have hair that goes past your shoulders.

Box bleach does just that; it bleaches. It's not going to give you the platinum color you're looking for, toner is. And again, it might take you a few tries to get it right.

Again, box bleach is not for making your hair platinum, it's always going to turn your hair yellow. Any stronger and you risk losing all your hair, especially if you've already done a few bleaches on it.

TL;DR: toner gets your hair past white, not bleach. for the love of all that is holy, go get it done professionally.

>> No.9555605
File: 470 KB, 730x600, j-802main.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9554307

Uh, this is an Asian girl with (lightened) brownish hair. The hair bump behind her headdress is blackest black. It's a fake hair piece, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a whole wig plopped down on her head, it's a photoshoot so it only needs to stay up a few minutes while they snap nice pics of the headdress.

If you still want to do a high hair style (but not a beehive), you can look into getting a bumpit, which is a plastic piece you slide under your hair to give it height.

Alternatively, look at hime hair tutorials and see how they deal with clip-in half wigs (pic related). You can get better height from these if you tie a high ponytail or bun, and then attach the clip-in directly over it.

>> No.9556010

>>9517502
To go off of this. This site sells some products that has floral scents including mists and stuff. Many of the other products are for dread locks but, Many of the other stuff can be used for for any type of hair. The best part they contain no alcohol .https://www.productsfordreadlocks.com

>> No.9556038

>>9554906
ughh that girl is cute

>> No.9556105
File: 84 KB, 650x878, 1498191968627.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9484421
I had a super short pixie cut for 4 years and decided to grow it back out. Made it to just past my shoulders and started using a in arm impant. A bunch of my hair fell out and it got super thin. So I cut it all off again until I could get my doctor to take it out (which took over a year). Waited for it to thicken up while it was short. Went ahead a did a round of accutane while my hair was all fucked up because it being super dry on top of everything else wasn't going to hurt it anymore than it already was. Its just about there thickness wise, and bouncing back from the dryness, so I'm gonna try to grow it out again. At lest my skin is perfect now and I found a great new gyno and birth control.

>> No.9556111

>>9556105
i'm also having issues with the implant. what did you end up on?
afraid I'm going to lose my coverage pretty soon though, so not like it matters.

>> No.9556113

>>9484917
This. Oil treatments are god. I also mix some coconut oil with some almond oil, a capsule of vitamin E, a couple drops of argan oil and keep it in a spritzer bottle for leave in treatments.

>> No.9556114

>>9485208
Her hair looks dry AF.

>> No.9556129

>>9556111
I had nexplanon. It worked well for a friend of mine and I wanted to get off ortho-trycyclen. I bled constantly. If i wasn't outright on my period I was ozzing old brown mush the rest of the time. I didn't have sex the entire time I was on it. I had low grade cramps constantly. My hair fell out, sometimes in clumps. I became scared to brush it, so I ended up cutting it off. It did nothing for my hormonal cystic acne. My weight yo-yo'd. And I ended up with some mild depression.

Iwanted ti removed 6 months in once I realized these aren't just symptoms to my body adjusting to the medication, but my gyno said to leave it in and refused to remove it. Try another month and see. Well after over a year of her not listening to me I found another doc and he took it out after the first visit.

Now I'm on a relatively new pill called Taytulla. He said the younger patients have really liked it. Been on it 6 months and I love it. My periods are like 2 days long with VERY light bleeding. barely any PMS. No weight issues. Took accutane so I can't say if it helped my skin or not. But overall I like it and recommend it.

>> No.9556143

>>9556129
Thanks for sharing your story anon. :( I'm on nexplanon too. I'm not having hair issues (making me woefully OT sorry guys) but I have gained 20 lbs (about 15% of my body weight...) I've gone from maybe 1 panic attack every few months to 3-4 a mo, and I've had probably 6-7 days a month where I don't want to live or move. I cry a lot. Lots of cystic acne I didn't have before myself. And I have bled for the last 102 days straight as well with low grade cramping non-stop. It's good not to feel alone. :( I'll look into Taytulla. I wanted an IUD but I'm not a good candidate.

>> No.9556760

>>9556129
>It worked well for a friend of mine and I wanted to get off ortho-trycyclen. I bled constantly. If i wasn't outright on my period I was ozzing old brown mush the rest of the time. I didn't have sex the entire time I was on it. I had low grade cramps constantly.
Same here! I was only on it for three months luckily so I didn't notice any changes on hair or weight. Now I'm on Sprintec and I get occasional breakthrough bleeding which always freaks me out. I'm going to try to get back onto Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo because I never had problems with it.

Funny. I wanted the implant because I didn't want to worry about taking a pill every day but the entire time I was on it I felt paranoid because I wasn't taking a pill.

Sage for OT period talk.

>> No.9557652

Awhile back I bleached my hair and I did a pretty shit job. My hair is naturally very dark brown and is always hard to lift, but in the past I never did such a shit job. I covered it with purple and it went back to being pretty dark, and then I let it fade and it started looking like shit but I wanted the color out of my hair because I could still tell it was really uneven.

I bleached it and it looks a lot better however I still have some green streaks in my hair that are only really noticeable when my hair is wet.

I know I could just tone it out, but I also have some color zap laying around, two boxes worth. Is that ok to put on bleached hair? Will it do anything like toning would for the green streaks?

>> No.9558139

>>9554906
I actually like those braids. But then maybe they just look really cute on her and that's what's swaying me.

>> No.9558695

>>9557652
Yes, it should help get the green out - toning adds colour to neutralise/balance whatever colour is there (e.g. purple toners for brassy hair) whereas colour zap will hopefully remove that pigment assuming it's the leftover dye from being purple. I've heard varying success stories with head and shoulders, dishwashing detergent and vitamin C powder as well.

>> No.9558783

>>9484433
>>9484463

... you know there's a thing called terminal length right? Sometimes your genes only let you grow your hair to a certain length and that's pretty much it. I wish I could grow mine to mid thigh length but my hair stops to progress when it reaches the top of my butt.

I presume frizzy/curly hair is more difficult to maintain in length but my long hair tips are: you don't have to wash your everyday which also means figuring out the balance point where to apply your conditioner (I only condition the bottom half of my hair when it's long) which depends what your scalp/skin is like. I don't know how useful this item is but a detangler brush is what I use when I have a bit of frizz left from my hair iron (but yes, if it gets bad, it's probably time for a trim).

...I think I'm just lucky that I have stupidly straight hair and a fair amount of volume that I can be really lazy about it.

>> No.9559051

>>9558695
Thank you so much!

I watched some youtube videos about using the Vitamin C method and dish soap? but a lot of the comments I read said it didn't really work. My hair is extremely dark naturally and I have always had a hard time lifting it. I also have really thick hair and thankfully I happen to have two boxes of color zap laying around, so I should be good.

>> No.9559144

>>9502933
I only have two regrets in 7 years of dying my hair:
>That one time in high school I didn't dilute my hair dye and ended up with bright magenta hair for a month
>When I asked my hairdresser to dye my hair plum but she used the wrong strength developer and it ended up this weird orange color

The rest of my colors have been successful and worked at different points in my life:
Pastel pink (for nearly 4 years)
Medium brown
Burgundy
Dark fuchsia
Brown --> fuchsia ombre
Dark brown with red undertones

>> No.9559346

I'm retarded and can't figure out how to french braid properly, even after watching at least ten tutorials. I don't know anybody else with long hair, so I can't try practicing on someone else. Would it be weird if I asked someone at a salon to show me how to do it?

>> No.9559462

>>9559346
No. Ask. My hairstylist is super sweet and will always teach me stupid things I ask and I tip her very well for that.

>> No.9560314
File: 560 KB, 1381x1400, IMG_20170713_104018.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What color is this do you think?

>> No.9560324

>>9559346
french braiding is super easy. i went to cosmetology school and had no clue how to braid but we learned it in one day! i would buy a cheap mannequin head off ebay or amazon and follow some youtube tutorials.

>> No.9560327

>>9560314
Its called Rose Platinum or Platinum Rose.

>> No.9560347

Currently trying to grow my hair back out from pixie-cut length. I bleached my hair about a year ago and when I was rinsing it out my hair started falling out in chunks, so I had to get it cut. My hair's about chest length now, and all I wanna do is bleach it again. ;_;

>> No.9561162

>>9554906
those braids are beautiful however I'd advise against having this style long-term... traction alopecia is a bitch

>> No.9561176

>>9545633
you need a trim ur ends are like .001% as thick as the main body of the hair. you have pretty hair but you lack of style doesn't do it any justice. basically... get a haircut and maybe some layers

>> No.9564639

hey gulls, would appreciate a quick answer on this if possible.

Me and my friend have been swimming in a chlorine pool for about a week straight and the blonde ends of our hair are pretty much moss green now. We are going back home tomorrow (we're on vacation) and won't be swimming in anymore chlorinated water. But I was wondering, what is the best red toner to cancel out the green tint of our hair? Any that you have tried before that work well? Or maybe just your favorite brands?

Also, stupid question but toner is just mixed with 10 developer, right?

Thanks a whole bunch.

>> No.9565860
File: 808 KB, 1080x1552, wot_yumi_wants.png.38781fccaa02037d3ce6bb609056a277.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Seagulls, I have a very round face and blunt bangs. I like my bangs a lot but I just realized how BAD they look on very round faces, like pic related (I know it's an exaggeration, but at least that's my perception of a round face with bangs)
Google and fashion magazines say that I should have layered hair, but I don't think they can look good in lolita.
The question is, how can I frame a round face to make it smaller, while still maintaining the Jfash ideal of hair?

>> No.9565864

>>9516390
Adding to this, are there any teal or green dyes that don't stain?

>> No.9565871

>>9565860
maybe a hime cut?

>> No.9565919

>>9565860
how about soft layered waves? they're not 100% jfash but they can fit the aethetic pretty well. layers don't have to mean scene hair.

>> No.9565938

It's embarrassing to ask but how do I tell if I'm actually balding? Do I go to a hair dresser and get them to check shit out? I mean, my hair absolutely has gotten thinner but I don't want to go out and buy some treatment stuff over something that isn't bad or anything.

>> No.9566607
File: 39 KB, 375x500, 2b3e4ee2ead12b017536a770bb2c74e4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9565860
bangs and round face here. I cut my own bangs with the idea of a hime cut in my mind as >>9565871 suggested, but not as severe. The side pieces make the face look slimmer, especially if they're a bit longer than your face

>> No.9569121

is this the right thread for scalp related questions or should i ask in the skincare thread?

>> No.9569665
File: 3.56 MB, 4656x2620, 20170721_131249.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got some adore hair color and I saw that it says to shampoo and then towel dry? I have really thick hair.. Shouldn't I just let it dry out completely before putting dye in?

>> No.9569863

>>9569121
Go ahead and ask it here

>> No.9569967

>>9569665
No, having damp hair allows the dye to be applied more evenly and soak into your hair. With semi permanents you want the pigment to get in, it's not like using a permanent dye where the water might ruin the developer concentration or something.

>> No.9569980

>>9554328
>and still pretty healthy.
Yeah...... no. From what I can see, your hair looks dry and brittle, and having granny hair makes it even more noticeable.

>> No.9571284
File: 117 KB, 1200x675, IMG_1562.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is it possible to die jet black eyebrows light pink? Pic related

>> No.9571295

>>9571284
Of course it is. Go get them professionally done.

>> No.9571297

>>9571295
Would you recommend concealing and drawing them on or shaving/dying them and then back to black after the con is over?

>> No.9571303

>>9571297
How thick are your eyebrows? Covering them up can be a pain if you have really thick brow growth, but I prefer covering my own if I want to change their color or height. If your eyebrows are quite thick, get them cleaned up (or clean them up a little yourself) and go for it.

Shaving them off is a little much for just one cosplay.

>> No.9571309
File: 1.00 MB, 3088x2320, IMG_1571.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9571303
Not that thick but astolfo's eyebrows seem pretty high up but I don't know how that translates into real life well

>> No.9571359

>>9571309
>>9571284
Them being high up is just an anime art style thing. I wouldn't go as far as to get them dyed or shave them off, but I would second getting them shaped (diy or by a pro) as your eyebrows are quite thick.

If you thin them out enough then some concealer and pink eyeshadow should be fine.

>> No.9572893
File: 301 KB, 550x550, [Etude_House]_NEW_Hot_Style_Bubble_Hair_Coloring_8_Colors_Pick_one!_Dye_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want an easy way to dye hair without damaging it too much. I've always gone to the hair dresser to get my hair dyed, but I've been spending money on other things lately so I've been cutting my own hair, and now my roots are growing out.

Anyone have experience with Etude House bubble dyes? I feel like they'd be better quality than other brands, but I'm not sure.

>> No.9573204

>>9571309
I have very similar eyebrows, I shaped them up, then covered and drew them back in purple pencil. I would suggest looking at drag makeup tutorials for this, all the female ones weren't focused on covering thick, long and dark brows.

>> No.9575941
File: 60 KB, 600x800, 3584aeff43a777a1c570f9f724ad1e33--bonnets-lolita-fashion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I do fishtail braids like Misako in pic related? I know generally how to do them, but I can't make them look this good!

>> No.9576049

>>9575941
once you're done braiding, gently tug outward at each section of the braid to get them cute and fluffy like hers.

>> No.9576058

Anyone have experience with thermal reconditioning? It's not a plan I have for the immediate future (since it's so expensive) but I'm really tired of my hair that keeps curling up and frizzing in humid weather.

>> No.9576525

>>9502933
I have had pink hair for 5 years now because something about it compliments my skin and eyes really well. It's to my waist now but I really need to trim the ends, it's just hard because I got so attached to it lol. When I was younger I would cut or color my hair anytime I was having an emotional breakdown and it led to a lot of bad colors and cuts (such as box dye black) and chin length hair. Seeing my hair long makes me feel somehow more stable?

>> No.9576553

Anyone that uses keratin products, like black hair masks? Which brands are good?

>> No.9576556

Anyone take hair vitamins?
Anyone know of hair vitamins that actually work?
I've been taking Sugar Bear Hair vitamins for almost two months, I don't know if I see any difference.

>> No.9576563

How do I start trusting hairdressers again?
I've been growing my hair out and trimming it up myself for years now but I'm thinking I want to do something different and get it styled properly. I've had butt-length hair for the past 3-4 years and still love the length but having waited so long to finally get it this long I'd be incredibly disappointed if some incompetent highschool drop-out fucked it up.

>> No.9576567
File: 254 KB, 420x512, Snap 2017-07-27 at 06.49.51.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Any tips on how to grow out a pixie cut? My hair looks like Anne Hathaway' short hair but I want to change my style a lil bit and have something more like pic's.

I'm starting to have weirdly long hair down my neck, soon I will have something akin to a mullet. Should I keep trimming it?

>> No.9576580

>>9576563
Go to a reputable hair salon then. The one I go to lets you choose your stylist, and you can get it cut by the head stylist for a small extra fee.

>> No.9576583

>>9576556
I'm suspicious of SBH because of how aggressively they marketed their product to everyone ever. Like I have the feeling it doesn't actually work.

I've taken Viviscal for a month (stopped because it is pretty pricey) but I did see some hair growth. Not only on my head though, the hair on my arms became noticeably thicker and darker. I've also heard of the vitamin Pantogar which is supposedly really good.

>> No.9577304
File: 35 KB, 400x521, nh2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9576567
Pixies can be slowly styled into short bobs quite well, think the classic 'flapper' bob but a bit softer. From here you can just grow a longer and longer bob until you have more to work with. You can trim the straggly ends at the back at first, but as the front gets longer, you can stop and let it start to even out.

>> No.9577372
File: 100 KB, 751x554, inversionmethod.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Has anyone here tried the Inversion Method for growing out hair? How'd it go?

>> No.9577444

>>9577372
I haven't, but after reading the article, it seems like there's nothing to lose if you try it out.

Will be trying it out as well this week too, thanks.

>> No.9577575
File: 350 KB, 1080x1080, 3AapeJV.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hopefully this is the last time I have to bleach my hair, got a few stubborn brown spots that wont budge

>> No.9577579

>tfw chinese
>hair grows like a motherfucker, its also thick as hell
>go to nice barber in china town 3 a month ago
>finally get cute bobbed cut, bangs are just below my brows
>barber tells me that my bangs are way too thick and that I should style the top layer to the side
>"o-ok"
>mfw even this guy used to dealing with thick asian hair tells me my hair is too thick
>flash forward to today, my hair has already grown back to the length it was before I got my hair cut
shit, how do I tame my hair? I'm starting to feel like the berries and cream guy instead of a cute lolita...

>> No.9577581

>>9576567
For me, I just endured the mullet stage it
one suggestion I have is to tie it up
even if the pony tail/pigtails are short, they look pretty cute and effectively disguise your mullet.

>> No.9577607

>>9514976
Wow it's stunning!

>> No.9577682
File: 108 KB, 736x981, 1234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9577575
>Be me
>Have subtle ombre for 3+ years
>Decide to book an appointment to go all over blonde for the first time ever
>Wait 1.5 months for said appointment
>Get it done in the evening, leave the salon at 9pm happy and content
>Wake up the next day and hate it
>Now lurk the internet looking at brunettes regretting my choices

It's not like she did a bad job or anything, I just very quickly realised that I don't suit blonde at all. Fortunately I managed to get a new appointment in just over a week, but I can't believe that I've done something so classic...

>> No.9577695

>>9538823
I've tried all sorts of different lengths, cuts and products and haven't found anything decent in the 20+ years I've tried.

The only way I can get volume is to blow dry my hair upside down & then hair spray it but that lasts a few hours tops. Braids are maybe finger width, buns won't stay (pins will slip), etc.

When I wear my hair with Lolita I blow it out & wear it stick straight and pray it doesn't get greasy too fast. Anything fun has to be a wig, such is my life lol

>> No.9580346
File: 536 KB, 540x795, kera.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

does anybody have some good pics of lolita-type bangs like pic related that I can show my hairdresser?

>> No.9580348

I'm looking for advice. Does anybody else with curly hair have the issue of hairdressers refusing to cut your hair the way you ask? I almost exclusively wear my hair straightened, bc otherwise it's a frizzy mess no matter what. I always tell them this, and ask for my hair to be cut dry while it is straightened. So I ask to get simple straight across cuts or light layering, and they always tell me it'll look bad with my curly hair. I've even had hairdressers give me extreme layering that /would/ look good with nice curly hair but looked terrible with straight hair. (even though that time I actually wanted a straight cut) What can I say to make them listen to me?

>> No.9580363
File: 168 KB, 1060x720, 1494961533975.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9580346

>> No.9580365
File: 73 KB, 564x707, 1491388072960.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9580363

>> No.9580370
File: 96 KB, 750x1014, 1494082037761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9580365

>> No.9580374

>>9580348
idk just tell them you wear it straight and let them do the job? i'd skip mentioning the dry and straightened part because (in my country at least) it will make you sound like you have no idea about hair, because it normally gets cut in a wet state after being washed.
i also have very curly hair that i wear straight and every hairdresser until now cut my hair wet, while they kept it straight with a comb. every time they wash my hair and they see my curls come out, they ask me if i wear it straight or curly and then cut it accordingly. this has happened with every single hairdresser in my life. cheap or expensive, young or old, trendy or conservative. maybe you have to be more confident and convincing when you tell them?

>> No.9580585
File: 32 KB, 600x350, eererereererr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9580363
>>9580365
>>9580370
these bangs/hairstyles only look good on people with that small face shape and high forehead.

Otherwise it makes you look like pic related.

>> No.9580671

>>9580585
Okay? Sorry you're ugly. The person who requested pictures didn't specify if she had a small face or anything. You can have your bangs start relatively far back to give the illusion of a bigger forehead as well.

Also the person in your photo isn't styling her hair well and her bangs are all jankily cut.

>> No.9580693
File: 1.26 MB, 783x1707, AirBrush_20170730221518.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9576525
same skin as here, does anyone have any tips on taming flyaways like the ones I have here? I've tried hairsoray but I hate the crusty feeling. Serums don't seem to last long in humidity either.

(Also the lighting makes the color of my hair look orange for whatever reason??)

>> No.9580695

>>9580693
Skin LMAO. *anon

>> No.9580781

>>9580693
I forgot to mention, the top flyaways are the ends of my long bangs pushed back, sorry about that. I am talking specifically about the flyaways at the sides of my hair

>> No.9581003
File: 975 KB, 1600x800, sub13-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9580348
I used pic related and got great results. Make sure you explain that you want a triangle shape rather than a semi-circle

>> No.9581004
File: 31 KB, 650x434, 5522.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9580348
>>9581003
Also this one helps to show a kinda side view. It helps to explain things like how high/heavy you want it too

>> No.9581027

>>9581003
>>9581004
Clearly meant to reply to >>9580346

>> No.9581378
File: 469 KB, 543x717, 20170709_184909.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm going to the salon to have my hair dyed to pic related in about three weeks. This will be my first time having such a drastic change/unnatural color (I've only had my hair one shade lighter. It's a chocolate brown now).

What was your first experience dying you hair an unnatural color like? Did it take you a while to adjust to the change? Any advice?

>> No.9583172
File: 62 KB, 564x564, xpao7_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How to re-create this hair texture? What kind of product has been used?

>> No.9583287

>>9583172
Gel or mousse on damp hair and scrunching should do the trick

>> No.9583500

>>9580781
Mousse while damp and blowdrying on cool setting seems to help mine.

>>9581378
Just be prepared that you'll have to go quite light underneath to get that colour, and unnatural colours don't last well. At twice weekly washes I generally end up redoing mine every 3-4 weeks.

>> No.9583536

>>9556143
I bled for the same amount of time on Cileste but the IUD perforated me leaving me with permanent nerve damage as well as having had a miscarriage. Don't do it.

>> No.9583550

>>9577607
Thank you x Search and destroy is time consuming but you catch a lot of splits that tangle up neighbouring hair that would have been missed if you only ever check the ends. I really like having this length and have a side cut on both sides of my head to decrease the volume of hair I have to manage and avoid 'triangle head'.

>> No.9583643

>>9564639
omg, you don't have to dye it. just buy some clarifying swimmers shampoo and wash out the chlorine residue. I'm not except sure how many washes are necessary to take green out (my hair brasses instead of greens), but it shouldn't be more than a few.

>source: blonde swimmer that swam 2x a day for years