[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 191 KB, 408x487, IMG_0162.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9478225 No.9478225 [Reply] [Original]

Less than a month away! Do you have plans? Your comm doing anything? What's been the most entertaining thing you've experienced to celebrate? Discuss!

My comm's ILD celebrations don't have any room left, so I'm going to have a little tea by myself with my boyfriend and then spend the rest of the day organizing my closet and accessories.

>> No.9478382
File: 384 KB, 900x1499, the_lady_and_the_avenue_by_blossom_of_kazumi-d5g5nqq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9478225
>Do you have plans?
I bought a ticket to the next comm over's ILD high tea but I honestly don't know whether I'll be able to go, since that weekend might be really inconvenient for me. I hope I'll be able to sell it closer to the time if I can't go, but I guess $35 isn't a huge loss. I have no idea what to wear as well, as I'm visiting family and will have to pack my coord and 2 weeks' worth of clothes, shoes and bags into a carry-on. Space constraints mean I have to choose between either wearing a toned-down coord to ILD and being able to re-use pieces for casual coords, or wearing a coord that's too OTT to re-use and having to just pack normie shorts and T-shirts for the rest of my time there. I have no idea how to pick and it's making me super stressed, especially since the weather might be unpredictable as well.
>Your comm doing anything?
My local comm isn't doing anything because a lot of regulars are away/busy that weekend so nobody stepped up to organise anything official. I think some people are having a mini-meet and the rest are going to other comms.
>What's been the most entertaining thing you've experienced to celebrate?
I've mostly been to pretty standard high teas, so what made one stand out above the others was really just good food, good company and good service, which is hard to guarantee. I've been to expensive hotels with crap food and cheaper places which were much better so I really think hosts should scout out locations beforehand, but one or two hosts visiting still won't tell you how good the place will be at coping with catering for a large group...

>> No.9478409

whats the exact date of ILD?
its bi annual, right?

>> No.9478416

>>9478225
I'm not part of a comm yet since I just moved to Japan, but I want to go to Harajuku and just go shopping in lolita.

>livin the dream

>> No.9478420

>>9478409
First Saturday in June and first Saturday in December. This year is June 3rd, which feels weirdly early to me.

>> No.9478421

i'm hosting a tiny meet in my comm. it's about a 2 hour drive from the main comm of my area (there's already 30+ people confirmed going to the main meet) but i do want to at least try to bring my old dead comm back to life
i'm not expecting many people, but i would be content if i had 4-5 people!

>>9478409
first saturday of june and december

>> No.9478632

Too bad I'm working on that day so I plan to dress up on sunday. I already have the coord in mind but I'm missing some parts, let's hope there won't be mail horror story.

>> No.9478650

I'm hosting a picnic meet at our botanical garden.

>> No.9478849

Our comm is going to a museum exhibition, but I can't go because of work so I'm just going to celebrate by myself on Sunday.

>> No.9478854

I got roped into making goodie bag stuffers for my comm's meet with the promise of ~exposure~ and raffle tickets as payment.

Watch me win all the shit nobody wants out of the raffle.

>> No.9478857

>>9478225
I picked the worst week to be away. I'm out of town for that week and the other mod whined about having to host a meet. She never wants to put forth any effort and shows up to events she volunteers to help set up an hour late. Why are you a mod if you don't want to help do anything.

>> No.9478860

> June 3rd

Does anyone know if there will be an ILD event at Wave Gotik Treffen?

>> No.9478872

My comm is having a bowling, karaoke, laser tag and pool meet
I havent met many of them before but the host is someone I want to be friends with so fingers crossed I dont spaghetti!!

>> No.9478875

I kind of liked the original idea but now ILD is just an excuse for an OTT meet-up

>> No.9478980

>>9478872
>pool and laser tag

Anon I'm jealous

>> No.9479019

>>9478872
I'm heading to that meet too. Been awhile since I've dressed up nicely. The comm is very nice so don't worry about spaghetting.

>> No.9479024
File: 82 KB, 400x401, 5lj6gi9X1vwt1wko1_400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> I'm going to have a little tea by myself with my boyfriend and then spend the rest of the day organizing my closet and accessories.

There's an idea, that sounds really cute anon!

>tfw lone lolita and not sure what to do for ILD

>> No.9479038

>>9479024
I'm a lonelita too, I'm gonna put on a comfy coord and go on the ultimate teacup hunt at some giant antique shops within a 200 mi radius of my house

>> No.9479046

>>9479038
Best plans.

I'm going to be out of town visiting my boyfriend, but I'll probably pack a coord to wear and try to convince him to go to a nice tea shop or bakery. It'd be cool if we see some lolitas out and about that day in the city.

>> No.9479047

>>9479024
>tfw lone lolita and not sure what to do for ILD
The whole idea was to dress lolita for no occassion so that doesn't matter

>> No.9479058

A went to tea with two of my friends a few years ago and we "tripleted" (with unmatched coords because we all had the same print in different colors and nothing else matched). I might ask them if they'd like to go for tea again, but we probably won't try to match this time.

>> No.9479322

>>9479038
Make sure you don't knock over any antiques with your petti! A lot of the antique shops near me are hard to get around even in normal clothes.

>> No.9479369

>>9478225
>I'm visiting family and will have to pack my coord and 2 weeks' worth of clothes, shoes and bags into a carry-on.
ILD is around when uni students go home so a lot of people are away from their wardrobes. I'm wearing black to ILD because I can only bring one pair of shoes and I don't have loliable real shoes or a handbag I can use with normie clothes in any other colour.

>> No.9479384

My comm is having an afternoon on a boat with treats and prizes and games!

But a bunch of poorfags were bitter about ticket prices and are trying to hold another ild the next day.

>> No.9480022

>>9479384
oh my ILD on a boat sounds rad.

>> No.9480081

>>9478875
What do you mean the "original idea"? Not trying to be snarky or sarcastic, I genuinely want to know what you mean.

>> No.9480085

>>9478225
My comm and the one next to us grouped up to do an afternoon tea and a tour of a historic mansion. It has gardens and self-guided tours of the property. I am so, so elated.

I've only ever gone to winter ILD meets, and that was the last two years. Before that, I was a lone lolita. A lot of my friends are going to this meet though, so I am so excited. It feels so nice to have real friends.

>> No.9480089

>>9479384
Your meet sounds cool as hell, though I don't think holding an alternative cheap/free meet is necessarily a bad idea. It being on another day means it'll give more people a chance to attend in case they had something else going on the day before.

>> No.9480111

>>9480085
I'm excited for it too anon. It should be good fun and the crowd that's going are all quite nice. I'm a bit surprised you chose to be a lone lolita unless you're from the state I'm not from.

>> No.9480206

are there any ILD events for nyc comm? I'll like to meet people this year since I'm usually a lonelita

>> No.9480282

>>9478225
My comm's ILD meet doesn't sound that interesting to me, so I wanna go to an out of state comm to celebrate with friends there.

>> No.9480430

>>9480081
The idea was that everyone goes out in Lolita on that day without occasion, so you might spot a Lolita in your area and normies will be like "this is the third time I saw someone dressed like that today, what's going on??". But she also said it would be a good day to meet-up with Lolita friends I think.

>> No.9481986

>>9480206
IIRC there's a meet up gathering in Bryant park from 3-6pm. There are three separate comms and I think one of them has a tea meetup but they needed advanced notice for that one. I'll probably just go to work in frills, I'm also a lone-lita.

>> No.9482253

My country's comm somehow got the idea that ILD is on the 10th this year... Actually, I think some girls think it's on the 6th??? Basically both ILD meet-ups this year are on the wrong date.

>> No.9482276

>>9482253
That's pretty funny

>> No.9482942

My comm's having tea at this cute-looking hotel. I haven't been to a meet in awhile so I'm pretty excited desu

>> No.9482998

>>9480206
>>9481986
Also a lone nyc lolita myself. Had the misfortune of listening to a friend and going to the harajuku walk a couple weeks ago thinking itd be great to meet new people.
I just want frilly friends so i hope i meet someone at one of these picnics who isnt a drooling "decora" enthusiast.

>> No.9483007
File: 2.58 MB, 540x302, tumblr_omohnhUo481u21ng6o1_540.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Luckily, the best con in our state is on the weekend of ILD this year.

I'll spend the day with my best friends in my best frills and even get to dress up my sisters.
Truly subarashii.

>> No.9483037

>>9478382
Man.. how big is your suitcase? I had to bring a ton of normie clothes along with my one coord when I went to go meet my ex's mom for the first time in another state. I had a fairly small suitcase and I was able to fit one coord, JSK, blouse, tights and shoes plus all my other normie clothes I'd need for being around his family. Plus the petti which you can squish down into a bag and when you pull it out it'll be fluffy as fuck - as long as you have a decent one. But even my cheap ebay petti from ages ago does this when I smoosh it down. You're fine. Stop stressing.

I feel like you just need to roll instead of fold some things. Saves a ton of space.

>> No.9483039

>>9480081
...I mean, it didn't come out of nowhere. Someone thought it up even if we don't know who it is.

I bet a true oldfag would know but that ain't me.

>> No.9483150

>>9482998
I was going to go as well but then it rained. I had a casual himekaji outfit but then I saw some of the videos of it being rained out.I'm a bit wary of the bryant park meetup just becoming another mess.

>> No.9483186

>>9483037
My suitcase is tiny, 10kg baggage limit. Shoes are the biggest issue desu - I know I can definitely fit one coord in the bag, but I wanted to bring more than one so I could wear some toned-down coords on my day out.

>> No.9483190

>>9483039
But we do know who it was. The idea is explained here >>9480430 and it was made up by a Lolita in the lj comm over 10 years ago.

>> No.9483191

Here is the post http://egl.livejournal.com/3076552.html

>> No.9483330

I'm going to be out of town, so I can't celebrate with my comm. :(

I'll also be celebrating the following Sunday, because I'm taking a 7hr flight Friday night and have a long drive the next do to the Jersey Shore/beach house. I was thinking and comfy/simple coord to go get food or walk around the boardwalk with the boyfran.

Comm is split on celebrating, because our largest in-state con is the same weekend. Some are going to a tea party and others are going to the convention.

>> No.9483406

>>9483191
it's so cool to read all the excited comments. imagine if someone came up with this idea nowadays...

> she only came up with this idea for e-fame points, what an attention whore!

> no way i'm gonna participate, i don't wanna be associated with itas and ageplayers...

> actually, lolita isn't about wearing the fashion, so this idea is quite pointless. maybe everyone should celebrate lolita in their own unique way, no need to wear brand. what matters is purity, modesty, feminity and being luvlies

> i find this suggestion very offensive and ableist. i can only wear lolita in safe spaces like cons because of my mental illness. instead we should have a solidarity day for mentally ill lolitas! a day where we only wear it at home and post our coords on tumblr for support!!! uwu

> only actual participants are weebs wearing their best milanoo because their favourite lolita youtubers made paid-for promotional ILD videos

>> No.9483438

>>9483406
facebook and cgl ruined the online community

>> No.9483477

>>9483406
Sadly, this is pretty accurate.

>> No.9483483

>>9483186
Like I said. Roll up my friend. It's what guys in the army do when they pack.

>10kg
>22lbs
That's weight, not measurements. What is the volume of it?

>> No.9483494
File: 484 KB, 500x242, 1470861756956.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Comm's first thought was to do some kind of painting class
>Next idea was to go to the zoo, on a Saturday, when a million horrid brats plus their mombies and daddicts will be milling about

Sometimes I really wish I was part of our sister comm instead, it's not populated by nearly as many stupid people (I don't hate my comm but some people are really really dumb).

>> No.9483579

>>9483494
with an attitude like that i don't think you'd be a good fit for any comm.

>> No.9483582

>>9483494
how often do you actually leave the house, anon
because apparently it's not often enough

>> No.9483621

>>9483494
You sound fairly salty, but I understand having well intentioned comm members come up with iffy meet ideas. Ya know, stuff that could otherwise be fun if we weren't wearing luxury fashion.

>> No.9483632

>>9483621
I'm not opposed to a zoo meet (our city's zoo is relatively clean), it would probably be fun. I just don't want to go when it's at its most crowded because not only will we likely get dirty but we'll probably get stopped constantly and have ill-behaved kids be obnoxious. It would be best to organize such a thing during the week if someone wants it.

Painting, on the other hand, would only be good for a Bodyline/cheap Taobao meet, because you're right, it's a luxury fashion and there's just stuff you can't do in it.

>> No.9483771

>>9483406
You hit the nail on the head. Someone always has to come up with a shitty excuse to be sandy

>> No.9483924

Any other comms that still don't have any ILD plans?

>> No.9483933

I always thought it was rare to be a lonelita, but this thread has me wondering what the actual ratio is between lolitas active in comms vs solo lolitas

>> No.9483936

>>9483933
I wish I was a lone lolita honestly, but I can only gather the motivation to wear lolita when my comm decides to meet. Be it a proper meet or smaller casual ones that are mid-week.

Being a lone lolita feels like I could enjoy the fashion on a more regular basis.

>> No.9483938

>>9483924
Mine is hitting it close and I think if I didnt step up and decide to create it myself it probably wouldnt happen at all.

I'm trying my best though to through together something cute, fun, but affordable.

>> No.9483947

>>9483924
Seattle still doesn't really have anything planned. I know a bunch of people are going down to PDX for their tea, but I don't really wanna take a road trip right now.

>> No.9483963
File: 97 KB, 640x641, 1487900171417.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

central floridas tea party sold out, but the surrounding comms arent planning anything.... id like to make a casual meet but i dont know how many people would be too busy going to the tea party

>> No.9484013

>>9483483
Volume is irrelevant when the airline limits by weight first - all the space/volume-saving tricks in the world won't make stuff lighter and most lolita dresses are 750g alone. I cba getting my case out of storage to re-measure but it'll be below 35l for definite. It's not like I didn't already know about rolling stuff up, and honestly with lolita dresses as opposed to T-shirts I don't think it's the most efficient way to pack.

>> No.9484015

>>9483936
Lonelitas gravitate towards cgl because they don't have another outlet for lolita discussion (meets/IRL friends). The percentage of lonelitas on this board is much, much higher than in the community as a whole IMO.

Also it's just really common in some cities like NYC, because there aren't many public meets.

>> No.9484071

>>9483947
Isn't Seattle basically an extension of PDX anyways?

>> No.9484177

>>9484071
Or is PDX an extension of Seattle? Yeah, I mean, they're close enough, that there's a fair amount of overlap, but I'd rather do something locally cause I've got a lot of stuff going on in the upcoming weeks.

>> No.9484252

>>9484015
No it's not.. My comm has hundreds of members but only about 20 of them ever go to meets. But if you look at the members most of them do wear lolita. There're a few people in my comm who I know frequent cgl and they are also cosplayers and very active in the comm. I'd say there is a higher amount of cosplayers who sometimes wear lolita on this board. People who've been wearing lolita frequently or a long time don't really feel like talking about it much because it's a lot of the same subjects over and over again.

>> No.9484260

>>9484015
Yeah they planned another "not private" tea party where most of the tickets were already sold out before the event went up.

Other than that just some meets because we never get any, but only one or two is specifically for ILD.

Its rough being lone in the city becaise the comm is so inactive you frequently consider leaving, but also you crave being social and frilly every so often.

>> No.9484349

>>9483494
Idk why people are berating you for being annoyed. Those ideas sound like they came from people who meant well, but they sound like awful meets. A zoo meet would be fun off season, when it's not packed or too hot, but a painting meet is just asking for trouble.

Might I suggest proposing other ideas? It seems like your comm is trying to think outside the box, so kudos for that, but they aren't thinking about the logistics of their ideas. Instead of painting, maybe suggest a different craft or deco meet? Instead of the zoo, maybe a themed exhibit at a museum?

>> No.9484719

>>9484349
Going to a museum for a Lolita meet is a worse idea. It could be just as busy as a zoo and people will think you're performance art

>> No.9484721

>>9484719
why do comms even go anywhere? let's just find an empty room is sit quietly and do nothing.

>> No.9484827

My comm hasn't done anything specifically for ILD in years. There are usually meetup around it though, at least in summer, so I guess I can't complain too much.

>> No.9484831

>>9484721
In the dark. With no pictures. So well dressed lolitas can't be accused of being fame whores and itas won't get posted and complain about lolitas being meanies.

>> No.9484840

>>9484831
Go to the blind cafe. Its pitch black and easy to spill everything.

>> No.9484865

>>9484840
with ambient whale noise playing, because expressing interest in anything but abstract sound is unworthy

>> No.9484883

>>9484721
Just saying it's not better than the zoo. I went to volunteer at an animal shelter in lolita the other day so idc

>> No.9484900

>>9484252
I see your anecdote about living in an area where most lolitas don't attend meets and raise you my anecdote about living in an area where every lolita in the area turns up to meets at least a couple of times a year (the ones who are "too busy" to make meets are usually "too busy" to wear lolita for any other occasion too).

I live in a pop. 600k city with over 200 members in the Facebook group. Turnout of a dozen or so people per meet, max of 40 active girls in the area, every single one of them is in the comm. There's literally one or two older lolitas who don't attend meets but are friends with people still in the comm and nobody else. The other people in the group are not lonelitas, they're looky-loos, creeps, people who left lolita or never got into the fashion.

The larger comm in the larger city I used to live in was exactly the same. There were 50-60 properly active girls (obviously more in the Facebook group), average meetup turnout 15-20, and not a single person I met had ever bumped into a lolita in the wild who wasn't already in the Facebook group (unless she was here on holiday). If there were really dozens of active lonelitas around, you'd think at least one of us would have seen one.

>> No.9484922

>>9484900
I live in Europe, the biggest comm in my country has over 400 members. You have to send a picture of you wearing lolita to be able to join. Every now and then they delete people who don't wear it anymore. A couple of my lolita friends are not even in the fb group anymore because they didn't have recent pictures of them wearing lolita on their fb, and they just don't feel motivated to join again because if they want to have a lolita meet we can just hang out with eachother. So they're not really lonelita's but there's still over 300 other people who never show up to meets.

>> No.9485041

>>9484922
Nyart but wow, that's surprising. That's definitely not typical where I live (UK), I'm not sure if there are any comms other than splinter comms that require you to wear lolita to join either.

>> No.9485065 [DELETED] 

>>9485041
They used to be even more difficult, you had to fill in questions

>> No.9485069

>>9484922
*require you to send a photo of yourself in lolita to join

Also adding that someone being able to submit one picture of themself in lolita doesn't prove they're a lonelita IMO, it's easy for a person to buy one outfit for a con or something and own nothing else. It's also been my experience both online and IRL that a lot of people who claim to be lone lolitas massively exaggerate how often they actually wear lolita, I guess in an attempt to legitimise themselves as part of the subculture (heck, I even did it myself when I started out). It's easy for people to bullshit and go "oh yeah I totally wear lolita ALL the time, it's just boring and everyday for me that I don't bother taking photos!" when in reality they don't have photos because they don't actually wear it.

>> No.9485126
File: 38 KB, 643x425, metamorphose temps de feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have any ideas for celebrating ILD alone? My comm isn't doing anything because a con is right around the corner.

>> No.9485130

>>9485126
Wear a coord that makes you feel beautiful and find someplace nice to go like a garden or a tea house or a cute cafe, or alternatively dress up just to sit around the house and reread/rewatch Kamikaze Girls, look through some GLBs if you have any, treat yourself to a new dress or accessory that you've wanted for a long time, etc.
Take the chance to indulge on things that remind you why you love this fashion.

>> No.9485136

>>9485069
And saying you think there are a lot more lonelita's on cgl than in my comm also doesn't proof anything

>> No.9485159

>>9485136
I didn't say it did, I just said that your situation wasn't typical for my area.

>> No.9485241

We probably won't have an ILD meet because the poorfaggotry in my comm is out of control.

>> No.9485528

>>9485041
My comm used to, many years ago, but not anymore because it was considered ~elitist~. I really wish they'd reinstate it because lolita clothes are so easy to buy nowadays and our comm is full of onlookers and cosplayers and probably a few creeps as well. Not too long ago a girl posted a picture of a shitty maid cosplay saying she finally bought her first kawaii rori dress and was genuinely confused when people explained that that wasn't actually lolita. How is this person even in our comm? She apparently joined without even the slightest idea of what lolita is, even though there is shitloads of information out there nowadays. I don't believe we should quiz them before admission or anything but it would be nice to make sure that the people who join are actually aware of what lolita is and have at least googled it or something. Even the Wikipedia page is decent now.
>sage for OT rambling

>> No.9486403

What would be cheap and cute lil goodie bags or something I could possibly give to over 20 girls on ILD?

>> No.9486413

>>9486403
Faux pearl bracelets, you can get lots on Aliexpress. They work in every lolita style.

>> No.9486419

>>9485528
I think not letting people join before they own a coord is a little extreme, as it prevents people from getting advice from the comm or taking advantage of things like swap meets to build their first coord. We had a newbie join our comm who turned up to her first (swap) meet in cute casual clothes, bought a bunch of stuff, was super inspired by seeing how lolita looked in person, and turned into a really good lolita. I think the easiest way to keep the group clean is to ask people to message why they want to join, let people join if they seem to have a genuine interest, then do yearly culls of people who never bothered.

>> No.9487064

>>9486403
If you also have one in your area, go to Daiso. They have a lot of really small and cute items at affordable prices.

>> No.9487065

>>9486403
Stationary is cute.

>> No.9487167

>>9486403
Maybe bag danglies or even hair ties? Like those fluffy pom-pom ones or some heart-shaped ones. Cute fridge magnets or cookie cutters in lolita-appropriate shapes (star, heart, crown, bat, snowflake) would be cute - they often come in multi-packs and you could split a pack between multiple bags. Stickers, badges and candy are common but a lot of people don't ever use them so YMMV. I like >>9486413's idea of getting pearl bracelets because it's hard to think of other accessories that might work for gothic lolitas as well as sweet. Failing that, if you only have one or two gothic lolitas in your comm you could just give them a different bag to everyone else.

Even if you go scouring the dollar store or Claire's, try to get something that looks good-quality enough for lolita (most Claire's accessories fail at this) and an adult might actually use - I've gotten goody bags at meets before that had little cheap plastic nick-nacks in them that seemed like they were originally for kids' party bags - I thanked the host because I appreciated the effort but ended up binning the contents.

Depending on your definition of cheap (since film can be really expensive), you could take instax photos during the meet and put them in goody bags as gifts. People usually love that. Another slightly less cheap idea would be a cute/old-fashioned compact mirror or some kind of loliable offbrand legwear, like lace-topped ankle socks or lace/polka dot tights. Maybe people would find getting socks in a goody bag weird, but most people always need more socks and having multiples of socks is useful so it doesn't matter if the giftee already owns the same one.

>> No.9487240

>>9487167
I want kawaii cookie cutters now, I used to have a teacup and teapot one but not all cookie mixes worked in it because some spread out and lose the shape.

You can also get cats, flowers, crosses, musical notes, mushrooms and fancy leaves.

>> No.9487253
File: 631 KB, 549x837, 42B4E07A-F007-4AAB-B5AB-0B94120AB3C2-14691-000010127A66C06B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm thinking about attending a new comm for ILD as my first meet, but I'm quite nervous as I don't speak the native language. I know most of the comm probably speaks English, but I'm afraid of imposing or making anyone feel awkward. Maybe I'll just lonelita in my city IDK.

>>9486419
I like the idea of having people send a message, especially if they're shy or don't want to post a drawn out intro post.

>> No.9487286

>>9486403
If you're remotely crafty you could get grosgrain or velveteen ribbon and make little bow hairclips out of it like >>9487272 or give them for people to style their hair with. It's like 50c a metre and you could make at least 10 from a metre if you sew/glue them onto bobby pins, claw clips or hairclips.

>> No.9489880
File: 126 KB, 500x380, 1487193504328.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm probably going to picknick all by myself in my front yard in the morning if the weather is good. If it's not, I will sit inside. I'm planning to make some fancy finger sandwiches and maybe pastries and eat them with tea while listening to Malice Mizer. I wish I was near a proper community but it's going to happen one day. I already have one recipe in my mind, salmon, red onions, creme fraiche and radish but I can't come up with another and I like more salty things than sweet so another would be nice. If you have anything please share!
>Mfw my bf wants to spend ild teaching welding a car to me and I already kinda promised
If I ever learn to do it I will spend some ild cruising with pastel pink good ol' VW Beetle. Or old Polo.

>> No.9489892

>>9489880
Oh yeah! Picnicking sounds pretty good for a lone lolita to get their spirits up, so I'll try that. Fingers crossed I don't spill tea on myself on the way to the backyard.

>> No.9489911

Do you think it's appropriate to wear aristocrat to an ILD meetup? Asking because I don't really wear lolita, since I'm more into masculine or androgynous j-fashion vs very feminine j-fashion, but I'd like to go to my comm's ILD meetup this year. I'm pretty sure the members of my comm wouldn't mind and literally my best friend is hosting, but I don't want to be tacky.

>> No.9489912

I'm so sad i missed out on tickets for my comms ILD so I think my girlfriend and I are going to go try a new place for tea.
It's funny though because I think it's only a block away from where the comm is going to be at.

>> No.9489921

>>9489911
As far as I can tell, aristo and ouji are pretty universally accepted at lolita meetups. I've never heard of people not wanting aristocrats at their meet unless they're super badly dressed, but that goes for badly dressed lolitas too...

>> No.9489927

>>9489911
Just make sure your coord is legit. There have been one too many meetups where people show up in thrown together normie clothes they call "aristocrat".

>> No.9489928

>>9489911
It depends on a comm really. Most lolitas approve aristocrat as they are kinda close. My comm definitely has some aristocrats and even one dandy but I would really draw a line at dandy because it's not supposed to be a history club really.

>> No.9489965

>>9489911
I'd be happy to see legit aristos but all our comm has ever got was people turning up in dapper thrift store finds or Black Butler cosplay.

>> No.9489967

>>9489880
smoked salmon (the packet kind that comes in slices, not the tinned kind), cream cheese, thinly sliced cucumbers, black pepper, lemon

fancy cheese and a strong-flavoured salad vegetable like rocket

>> No.9490026
File: 61 KB, 540x720, 18644419_10154873532053702_920825249_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9489965
>>9489928
>>9489927
>>9489921
I know it's generic, but I hope it's legit. Aside from the BPN jacket, I don't do a lot of brand because I'm 5'10 and a US XL and I don't like the sausaged look of girls my size wearing Japanese medium/onesize.

>> No.9490134

>>9490026
Looks good to me!

>> No.9491067

>>9489967
Thank you, didn't even think about cheeses really and I love them. Will probably get a small assortment. It also looks like my bf will be home in the morning afterall so maybe I don't have to be alone lol. I'm the real definition of lone lolita.

>> No.9491077

>>9490026
you done good