[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 302 KB, 432x400, serious-business.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8482321 No.8482321 [Reply] [Original]

I've been wondering what fellow gulls do outside of lolita.

>What are your other hobbies?
>Would you consider yourself to be a lifestyle lolita or do you choose to keep lolita as a hobby?
>Why wouldn't you be a lifestyle lolita?

>> No.8482327

>>8482321
well my hobbies are art mostly. of course i keep lolita out of that, wouldn't want to get charcoal on my burando. i also sew a little, but i've only made small accessories like kcs and rectangle headdresses

>> No.8482347

I don't have much time for hobbies outside of grad school but
>vidya
>sewing (which kind of falls under lolita because that's all I sew)
>trying to get into knitting and crochet and hoarding patterns/tutorials like a madwoman but then putting the whole thing aside for months so I keep having to start over from scratch
>watching shitty murder mysteries on YT
So I guess that aside from the video games I'm kind of lifestyle. I mean, murder mysteries are gothic as fuck. Even if they're full of bad writing and even worse acting. Gothlyfe.

>> No.8482359

I've always been a performer; a jack of all trades of sorts when it comes to such things. I started out in musical theater mostly as an actress/singer, but I learned to dance and do a lot of prop/costume building back when I was in high school. That's where my love for fashion in general comes from. I probably wouldn't be a lolita if I hadn't spent so much time making historical costume pieces.

These days I'm less into things with scripts and more into circus-y stuff. I can spin fire but I'd like to learn how to stilt, do contortion, all sorts of things. I perform at charity events and cons which is a lot more gratifying than I think being a theater major would've been. Even if I don't make money doing it it's still a lot of fun!

I don't consider myself a lifestyle lolita but I'd like to tranform my wardrobe and become a lifestyle goth. Do all sorts of j-fash, mix in western fashion and 80's influence at times. I could never be a lifestyle lolita because I can't limit myself to one style. There's so many pretty clothes out there!

>> No.8482385

I wear ouji, but my other hobbies are cosplay, video games, art, and fish keeping. I don't really think of sewing as its own hobby since its mainly for ouji/cosplay.
I'm not even sure what lifestyle ouji would be like.
Shall I take up the sword? Rescue some maidens?

>> No.8482403

mostly art, sewing, knitting, cooking, animus and playing MOBAs, j-RPGs and MMORPGs.
>Would you consider yourself to be a lifestyle lolita or do you choose to keep lolita as a hobby?
just as a hobby haha
I feel the same as >>8482359, I can't limit myself to one single style.

>> No.8482404

Does crying about your GPA count as a hobby? I'm a bio major, so most of my time is eaten up by studying. Apart from that, I draw. I'd like to make comics eventually, but I don't think my art is good enough yet, so I end up doing studies all the time.
It's definitely just a hobby for me. I buy myself brand to ease the pain brought on by midterms. I don't really do anything "lolita" except buying brand. I wear it to go out with my normie friends, but I don't go to meets or do any other stereotypical lolita activities.
It's a bad idea to wear burando in the lab. I use a bodyline tote to carry my books and things, and I once spilled cinnamaldehyde on it during o-chem lab. One year later, it still smells like cinnamon.

>> No.8482422

Sewing, playing games (like League, COD, Bioshock, Fallout, Halo etc.) watching TV, drawing, animating, cooking. The works.
I'm a Media Arts and Animation student so classes usually cut into a lot of my other hobbies.

I would suppose so. I wear it every other day but don't abide by it like if it were the bible (kek)
Its easy to wear everyday since it isn't too harshly judged by via other art students and people don't give a fuck and I really don't either.

>> No.8482425
File: 1.53 MB, 1094x966, 1430716648031.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My main hobby outside of lolita is music. Im also really into weed and coffee (different strains and compositions, the different effects etc) and I collect glass. I want to get into glass blowing but classes are expensive in my city.
Definitely not lifestyle but I have a fairly large wardrobe and I like to collect old tea sets thats about as lifestyle as I get.

>> No.8482431

>8482321
synchronized swimming, ice skate, camping in the countryside, I love to go to cabarets and now I'm taking pole dancing classes
>Would you consider yourself to be a lifestyle lolita or do you choose to keep lolita as a hobby? It's a lifestyle for me. Even my house its decorated as I dress (Kuro/aristo with some classic touch) . I always wear lolita, sometimes more plain, sometimes more "ott"

>> No.8482436

I like to play video games, shoot and collect guns with my bf, and cosplay
Its just a hobby really. I like to wear Lolita whenever I feel like dressing up so it's not just for cons but I just don't feel like I count as a lifestyle Lolita.
Idk I just don't feel like being Lolita 24/7 its a pain to wear sometimes

>> No.8482439

>>8482321
synchronized swimming, ice skate, camping in the countryside, I love to go to cabarets and now I'm taking pole dancing classes
It's a lifestyle for me. Even my house its decorated as I dress (Kuro/aristo with some classic touch) . I always wear lolita, sometimes more plain, sometimes more "ott"

>> No.8482442

>>8482439
I love that you're taking pole dancing classes, that's awesome.

>> No.8482443

Video games, cosplay and drawing.

No lifestyle at all. Lolita is just a street fashion I like to dress in, it doesn't play such a big role in my life to make it a lifestyle.

I guess I'm not interested in incorporating it further into my life other than "just clothes."

>> No.8482446

Cosplay, conventions, video games (jrpgs), drawing, writing.
It's mainly a hobby but there are some lifestyle aspects in my life.
I can't wear lolita daily, and a lot of my hobbies, interests and activities are not always very feminine. If I were able to work a job where I could wear lolita more often I probably would wear it most days. I don't have much energy lately and I barely have enough to make myself look presentable let alone makeup and several layers. It's sad because if I had more money I could easily be a lolita hoarder. The fact that I don't wear it much keeps me from buying everything I'd want.

>> No.8482459

>>8482321
Video games (FPS and Fighting), Sewing, Drawing, BJD stuff, anime, and internet stuff outside of 4chan.
I wouldn't consider myself as a lifestyle lolita because I wouldn't have the time of day to wear lolita (with a dirty work it makes it difficult) I live in the middle of nowhere so I'm a lone lolita, there's no purpose to wear a full on coord just to stay at home and go on the computer. When there are times I go into town or to the city then I wear my coord (though casual-like or else my mom would feel embarrassed about it)
>Why wouldn't you be a lifestyle lolita? I can't stick to one substyle, and I can't imagine wearing brand dresses and stuff just to sit at home doing nothing. It's a street fashion not a home fashion.

>> No.8482464

>>8482385

>> No.8482468

Drawing and other general artsy shit, Taekwondo, vidya.
It's just a hobby for me.
I'm a design student and I don't want to ruin my burando by getting paint or other shit on it. I try to wear lolita as often as I can, but I can't wear it nearly as frequently as a lifestyler would.

>> No.8482469
File: 209 KB, 250x375, fujoshi.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Primarily being a fujoshi, but also a huge weeb. I keep my power levels hidden for the most part -only my closest friends know my true self.
But I also have a lot of other creative hobbies.

I don't consider myself lifestyle, cause I lean more towards otaku than lifestyle lolita. But I can't quit because I feel like it led me to my people, I've made the best friends since actively participating in the fashion.

Mostly because the climate where I live is really hostile to lots of layers, and my career is messy.

But also because I'm too lazy to maintain the clothes in the way that would be necessary for wearing on a daily basis.

>> No.8482495

>>8482439
Can I marry you?

>> No.8482511

Lolita is my main hobby, I work in the more business-y side of fashion and social media stuff so my life is pretty much computers and frills 24/7.
Other hobbies would be watching anime, going to cons, and figure collecting, but I have a pretty narrow range of interests outside of 'cute stuff'. I do like cooking and museum hopping quite a lot though.

>> No.8482519

>>8482469
Outwardly weeb-y lolitas unite!

>> No.8482526

>>8482442
>thinks pole dancing is somehow more interesting than motherfucking synchronized swimming

>> No.8482561

>>8482359
You sound super cool. I can't do anything circus-like but really admire that kind of stuff. I also love theatre but am too much of an awkward CS person. Working on that.

My other hobbies are school related, computer science major shit. After that to relax I literally just drown in anime, cons and cosplay related stuff.

I want to become a life style lolita. Day to day I wouldn't consider myself one as I don't have the wardrobe for it. However I love baking adorable sweets and sewing lacey accessories. I wear different styles of lolita but always keep my make up doll-like in a cute style so some of my cute activities suit that life style.

One major reason I can see myself never being a real lifestyle lolita is because I don't really leave my house ever. I just wear Victorian style pajamas all day.

>> No.8482573

Drawing and bumming around at home, waiting for the school year to start again.

Definitely not, I haven't even been outside in lolita yet but I plan to go to my first meet in a week or so. I wish I was and envy everyone who does.

I would if I could get over my stupid fucking fears of everything.

>> No.8482584
File: 227 KB, 647x297, edefe2f48ff48a91ad3e1532b9c365d9fc405934_tn647x298.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cooking, gaming (mmorpgs, jrpgs, survival), traveling, gunpla, watching animu and other general weeabo shit

Lolita is more of a hobby. It would be really hard to get dressed up everyday for me and I do dirty things (cooking, science labs)

My lifestyle doesn't support being able to get dressed up nicely everyday. Plus, I wear other J-fashion, mainly himekaji

>> No.8482609

>>8482321
>> hobbies?
I'm a huge folkie, I attend folk festivals and my local folk club when I can as well as dancing in a local morris side. I also love to draw, sew, watch mystery dramas, bake/cook, video games and playing a number of musical instruments.

I never really classed lolita as a hobby, its just a clothes.

>>Would you consider yourself to be a lifestyle lolita or do you choose to keep lolita as a hobby?
Nah, while

>> No.8482651

>>8482321
Cooking and baking, interior design, western fashion, vidya, board and card games, coffee and tea, k/ related, charity
>Would you consider yourself a lifestyle lolita?
Nearly there. I wear lolita or lolita-inspired at least 4/7 days a week, wear it to work, shopping, etc.

>> No.8482659

Animu, cosplay, sewing, fantasy-horror-scifi stuff, drawing (I don't do this much anymore), a little bit vidya
I think I consider myself a lifestyler. Not sure how.

>> No.8482660

Crafts, Youtuber, Gamer, Cosplayer
Hobby
Too expensive and I literally say at home all day so what's the point.

>> No.8482668

Reading, comics, horror, pets, gaming, making jam
A little bit of both
It's not my thing. I've got a house to run and a husband and little boy to take care of.

>> No.8482697

>>8482403
You have nearly all the same hobbies as me. What MMOs do you play?

>> No.8482719

Art, vidya, and music
It's a hobby
I'd be nice to wear it daily, but there's no way with my job.

>> No.8482722

When I'm not being lolita
> lay in bed
> am trash

>> No.8482760

I just started up university again so not sure how much time I'll have for hobbies besides aristo I like to collect records, listen to music, read, bake, decorate things/doodle,play video games and watch films.

Definitely a hobby.
I enjoy other fashion styles too much to just wear lolita.

>> No.8482826

>>8482404
>Implying cinnamon is a bad smell

>> No.8482839
File: 416 KB, 588x737, 1436490171000.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8482404
My nigga, I'm about to be ears deep in the same field. Sucks that you say it's a bad idea, I've liked the idea of wearing burando under my lab coat.
Kawaii science. At this point I just intend on railroading common sense and being kawaii as fuck anyways.

>> No.8482842

I'm an aspiring artist and I'm really into the paranormal like ghost hunting.
Right now since I work at a shitty retail job there is no way I can be a lifestyle lolita, but once I graduate I'm going to make my dream happen.

>> No.8482843

>>8482425
You sound like an awesome person to hang out with. Where the fuck you live? Sounds like you might be from Portland.

>> No.8482852

>>8482404
>spilled cinnamaldehyde on tote during ochem lab
jfc, terrible lab safety. Why would you have your bag out in the work area?

>> No.8482864

>>8482839
I think you can manage to wear brand hair accessories in the lab. I've used cheap daiso hair stuff to keep my hair out of my face; I imagine you could do the same with brand.
My university doesn't provide us with lab coats except in extreme circumstances - for example, when I was working with dyes and when I broke my arm and could only wear short-sleeved tshirts. If you have a lab coat I bet you could wear cutsews and whatnot underneath it. I wouldn't recommend anything with a petti - it's super cramped at the labs I've been in, even in normie clothes.

>> No.8482889

>>8482864
Where the fuck do you go to college? You have lab, as part of your major, and they don't give you coats? Wtf. My HS wasn't even that cheap.

>> No.8482892

I've been wondering what fellow gulls do outside of lolita.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, weight lifting, art

Nah, it's just a hobby.

I have a corporate job that lolita wouldn't be acceptable for. Also, being a lifestyle lolita seems really boring? I prefer to have varied interests and being a lifestyle lolita would limit that.

>> No.8482895

>>8482892
Hahaha c+p fail. Ignore the first bit. I meant to delete it.

>> No.8482899

>>8482852
Lower div chem at my university is notoriously hellish and the building they put it in is old and shitty and it doesn't have adequate storage space for 28 students' giant-ass messenger bags + laptops + coats, so if you're not fast enough you have to put your stuff on the floor. I spent half of ochem 2 with a broken arm in this huge unweildy splint and I was unable to get any accommodations. I was doing all my experiments one-handed, so I was bound to drop something on the floor sooner or later; I'm just lucky it wasn't worse.

>>8482889
Public university where all the funding goes to the grad school. Undergrads are kind of an afterthought.

>> No.8482908

Games, reading, hiking, etc. Used to be a musician but haven't really kept it up.

I'd like to be a lifestyle lolita, but it's more a hobby just because of my professional life.

I have a professional job, and while our dress code is lax, lolita isn't necessarily the most functional thing for me to wear. I've considered doing more casual coords but haven't yet, tho I think it'd be perfectly acceptable.

I have to laugh because on ILD I was with some friends dressed up and I saw a coworker and he was just shocked and didn't really let me live it down. That being said I was in full-on sweet that day. Guess it's not expected of a full-time 27-yo employee...

>> No.8482909

>>8482842
Holy shit??? Are you my new best friend? I've always had a large interest in paranormal things but I've never met someone that was also into ghost hunting.

>> No.8482914

>>8482359
That's awesome. I'd like to start contortion, handbalancing and acrobatics, but I've got such terrible hand-eye coordination that fire spinning would be all kinds of a bad idea. I have a friend who juggles fire and I'm just in awe.

>>8482439
A fellow pole dancer! How long have you been poling?

I work full time so my hobbies are pretty much on the back burner for the majority of the week. They include karate, triathlon in the summer, pole, cosplay, sewing, baking, playing piano and going to the theatre/opera/concerts. I go to gymnastics and tricking classes because I want to improve my handstand, learn to tumble, and cosplay fighting games.

Hobby.

It isn't compatible with my life. I guess I feel like >>8482443 as well, it's just a fashion

>> No.8482948

Massive drawfag
Bit of both, I wear toned down classic/otome as daily wear most days
Some days there's just not enough time to get dressed up

>> No.8482994

My personality is hyper-feminine anf I get people who don't know me outside of the fashion saying that I'm like the perfect 'lifestyle' lolita all the time.

I love ancient history/mythology, folk and party metal, horror genre coop videogames and am fascinated by some zef star gangster #1 lifestyles.
>I'm also into robots, so you best believe Chappie was a wet dream come true.

>> No.8483011

>>8482697
Hey fellow anon! Nowadays I play mostly ragnarok online for the nostalgia but I used to play Tera and ArcheAge.

>> No.8483054
File: 65 KB, 965x609, 64E9C7EA4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8482994
>zef star gangster #1
>Chappie
another lolita who likes die antwoord? you've made my day.

>> No.8483178

>>8482321
>>What are your other hobbies?
I make pottery! But also a lowkey massive weeb and I like to binge drink on the weekends :^) I'm pathetic
>>Would you consider yourself to be a lifestyle lolita or do you choose to keep lolita as a hobby?
As a hobby because I barely leave my house besides for work and to get cigarettes which will never get near my brando
>>Why wouldn't you be a lifestyle lolita?
Same as above but there's also the fact that I would trust myself to wear it every day. My dresses are my pride and joy so I wouldn't risk getting them dirty for just any occasion

>> No.8483200

I like to spend my time going to the range practicing pistol and rifle shooting. I don't wear frills while doing it though because the gunpowder gets all over your clothes.

>> No.8483204

Western fashion, table top games, sewing, reading
A hobby/fashion
I'm not a very elegant person

>> No.8483216

>>8482519
Sorry anon, I regret to inform you - I am not outwardly weeby. Also I'm too stuck up to associate with people who are.

>> No.8483219

Being addicted to the internet, buying Sailor Moon merchandise, sleeping *I have no life*

It's just a hobby. While I always put in effort to look nice when I leave the house, lolita is to much to deal with on a daily basis.

To much work getting ready on a daily basis. It would be exhausting after awhile.

>> No.8483221

>>8483216
C'mon, Squidward. We know you like weeby patties. It's okay to show it.

>> No.8483248
File: 24 KB, 400x680, LDOTLOS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I work as an actor and spend my free time/money on videogames, anime figures, magic the gathering and occasionally larping.

It has to be a hobby, at least until I start to pick up a bit more steam in the film community. I have to uphold an image and make sure no one thinks I'm too strange, as that can affect my career.

If I ever 'make it', though, it would be interesting to see what people think when an actor ends up in the media in ouji.

>> No.8483256

>>8483248
now that i think about it i guess the majority of my hobbies are pretty outlandish to the average person.

>> No.8483369

I am huge into comicbooks and animation. I draw and try to animate myself as well but I am not that good yet.

I currently keep lolita as a hobby though I wear it quite a bit outside of meets and such.

Realistically I cannot do it all the time because I cannot wear them at work or my in labs at school. Also it gets way too damn cold here in the winter that sometimes it just isn't doable.

>> No.8483387

>>8482889
I go to a rather nice private college and at no point are we given lab coats. I didn't realize it was a thing except for actual jobs.

>> No.8483749

>>8482404
>>8482839
Comrades! I'm about to enter my third year as a bio major and the saddest thing is having to wear pants on lab days. how would you spruce up your clothes besides hair accessories?

>> No.8483759

I play a lot of tabletop RPGs (like Dungeons & Dragons) online rather than in person.
I also draw and play video games and watch a lot of anime/read manga.
I don't get out much. As such, I don't really dress up at all because why bother spending hours on clothes, hair, and makeup when I'm just going to be sitting in my room on my computer eating hot pockets all day?

>> No.8483760

>>8483749
I'm a fan of cute ankle boots; I have weird feet so heels are actually comfier for me in the long run. I also wear cute blouses. As long as it's long sleeved and doesn't have dangly bits, I don't get in trouble.

>> No.8483765

Anime, cosplay, other weeby shit like figure collecting. Reading (fantasy/sci-fi), tabletop RPGs (Pathfinder primarily, but I play other systems on occasion), sewing, jewelry making, baking, board games.

I jokingly refer to myself as a "weekend Lolita", but it is a hobby to me.

As much as I love it, I'm far too lazy to do it every day, even toned down. It's more fun for me as a once or twice a week thing.

>> No.8483776

It varies, but I do a lot of /tg/ related stuff like Warhammer 40k, D&D / other tabletop games. I read, do amateurish digital art, garden, moonlight with a burlesque troupe, I go shooting fairly often: deadeye with rifles and I own a couple guns, need to work on my pistol game though. Lolita is a very recent addition to the list, and I as time goes on I often drop something to pick up another until I feel more inspired. I work in short bursts of mad inspired work, and then I'm dead to it for the next month or so, really sucks, especially if I don't have time to work on it when I really want to.

Hobby.

Haha, no, my wallet can't take the hobbies I already have, guns, hobby lolita and warhams = tapped to infinitum.

>> No.8483781

>>8483759
I remember playing looooong hours of DDO back when my relationship with my so was long distance. Haven't thought of that game in yeeears.

>> No.8483799

>>8482321
>>What are your other hobbies?
Photography, travel, cooking, thrifting, home decor and DIY, a couple of collections. I want to start a lifestyle blog.

I'm lifestyle. I freelance and work on contract so I work mostly at home which allows me to wear what I like and I have a lot of everyday lolita clothes in addition to the fancier coords I wear to meets. I dress in lolita more than 1/2 the time and my daily life includes things commonly seen as lifestyle because they suit me. My former interest in regular fashion is shifting to the point where I'll likely end up wearing lolita fashion most of the time, only wearing a bit of vintage or modern styled outfits when lolita is not appropriate.

>>Why wouldn't you be a lifestyle lolita?
If I had a job, school or social obligations that required me to dress more mainstream, I would but fortunately that's not the case.

>> No.8483831

tfw chronic dabbler, jack of all trades, lover of none.

>into photography, uses a compact. Next camera will be another compact. I just want to take nice photos, not tinker with gadgets.
>play easy android games slowly and casually due to lack of time. Forever shunned for being casual (not that I actually mind, though).
>like MLP, not engaged in fandom. Entire circle of artist friends have horror brony stories and have volunteered to be my bodyguard if I ever cosplay Rarity? wtf is even going on in that fandom.
>I tend to read for stories, and will read around all funky sex scenes. Gay sex? ok. Sex with a fire elemental that changes gender? ok. Bondage sex with a demon that's trying to kill you? ok. I've been told I read fujoshit, but two minutes of hanging out with real yaoi fans and I feel out of place for not fangirling the hardcore stuff.
>Consume anime and books for entertainment, nothing more. I will fail every nerd test anyone cares to administer. I had a good time while reading/watching them, but I'm not knee-deep into world building/lore/trivia.
>While I love books for their entertainment, I'm not a bibliophile either. Smell of old books? Meh.
>Don't totally suck at drawing, but I don't produce enough of it to have a following.
>Can and do sew my own clothes. Gotten skilled enough to the point where in order to upgrade I should get a serger and possibly an embroidery machine, but I wouldn't use either enough to justify it.

The common refrain is that I can and do do a lot of stuff, but I don't seem to be very deep into any of them.

>lifestyle lolita vs hobby?

I wear the clothes almost every day, just not in lolita style. I don't know what label to stick on that.

A full poof lolita skirt in my office is impractical, the space isn't very big.
A low or no poof outfit can and does look good, and I do indeed wear them.

I wouldn't pick up a hobby just to be more kawaii.

>> No.8483833

>>8482889
Diff anon but I went to a rather nice university and we had to buy our coats ourselves. Afaik the current undergrads don't need to because lab was cut completely due to budget cuts.
>tfw I keep having to remind new grad students to sterilize their bench and teach them how to hold a fucking pipette

>> No.8483998

I spend a lot of time on cgl but otherwise I waste time on Instagram, play tsumtsum, write letters to friends and listen to music. If working counts as a hobby I work more than anything.
It's a hobby but I'm trying to make my closet more otome as everyday wear. I'd love to be kawaii all the time but my uni keeps its buildings ice cold and I usually can't stand to wear anything but pants.
The cost and the weather or temperature at uni and work. If I had a ton of money id always dress in simple classic and otome.

>> No.8484037

>>8482321
>hobbies
vidya, rping, drawing (rarely cause im shit) reading books related to art.
>lifestyler?
no, i wish. wardrobe is too small. i rarely even wear it nowadays, which makes me sad.
>why wouldn't you be a lifestyle lolita?
oh, trust me, i would. i have fantasies of being a proper, gentle lady in the future who eats cute little cakes and lives in a pretty house with nice tea sets and stuff, reading off a book to my (for now, ldr) boyfriend while we have cute little triangle sandwiches, as dumb as that sounds.

>> No.8484047

painting, photography, cooking, trying to get a degree.
at the moment, definitely a hobby.
i don't have the time or energy to get dressed up all the time- i spend most days in leggings/big t-shirts/hoodies haha. hopefully one day when i finish my degree and have a steady job i'll be able to extend my wardrobe enough to wear it more often!

>> No.8484084

I collect things like My little pony figures, voice actor signatures, pop figures and tickets.
I spend a lot of time at parties when im not working and i watch a lot of anime. I also cook, bake, sew and occationally do Stand-up. I also travel a lot because adventure.
i wish i could lifestyle and i wear lolita 4-5 days a week but i'm an artist and when im working i really dont want to get paint on my dresses. I would love to do it full time but it's just not possible.
Gtting my clothes dirty and paont splatter mostly and it's okay to want to wear comfy lazy clothes every now and then.

>> No.8484104

After being signed off work I seem to have unintentionally become a lifestyle lolita
i've always baked (including professionaly) and done art but now I've picked up sewing and jewelry making as well.I also wear lolita 4-5 times a week only not wearing it if I'm going to the gym, which is my only non lolita hobby, weights

>> No.8484164

>>8483054
I fucking love them. Everytime I watch their videos I dream about a die antwoord inspired print.

>> No.8484190

I'm at university studying civil engineering, so I don't get many chances to wear lolita other than weekends and special events. Somehow, I don't think AP goes well will steel-toed boots and soils labs.

>> No.8484306

>>8482469

closeted-fujoshi-weeb here too

Drawing digital art. Sometimes I try normal media, aquarels, ink or pencils for nature. I used to draw tons of animu, but now I just draw nature and some people. Lately I try to do shironuri, just at home.
I used to read a lot, specially classics, but I have left it at the moment to read studies-related stuff.
Watching lots of anime with my OS. Trying to keep my weebiness for us. No cons, no cosplay, no fanart or whatever. I did some written rpg until the last months, but I stopped.
Still a fujoshi, but keeping it for myself, and just suggesting crack pairings to my OS while we watch "normal" anime.

I keep Lolita as a hobby, so I han throw everything on me during meets. As a very special outfit.

However, I do try to shoehorn Lolita skirts or shoes during my normal days, mostly weekends and visiting normie friends. However, I would never share those outfits because it would really look ita: small jackets with skirts, cutsews, flat boring bag, small bows or none.
I never explain Lolita to people, I just say "designer skirt", or "vintage-styled", sometimes "neo-Victorian".

I want to be integral, and I get bored of being "only one thing".

>> No.8484311

Cosplay, travelling, drawing, video games.
I would love to have it as a lifestyle, but I wouldn't want to wear my dresses to work because I don't want them to get damaged.

>> No.8484373

>>8484190
Its nice to hear this because I'm going into engineering too and I wasn't sure if I would even have time to wear any frills, haha. My hobbies are drawing (poorly), writing poetry (somewhat better), tcg and vidya games, and I tend to rotate between different "hobby lobby" interests. So, I might knit for a week and then start making necklaces and not pick up my knitting again for 6 months, I'm bad at actually sticking to a hobby. Lolita is one of the few things I have stuck with mostly because of the price investment.

>> No.8484401

>>8482439
Heyy I'm a swimmer and ice skater too.

>> No.8484436

>>8482321
>what are your other hobbies
Playing the violin and also my studies. I study biochemistry and I love it, learning about your environment is like the best thing ever. I also like to draw, because I have somehow done this, since I could grab a pencil. And wandering, which is pretty not lolita, but i love finding myself some adventures.

Hobby. Definitely. I dress lolita, when I feel lolita.

I'm, absolutley into the vintage feel and I kind of love the modest and feminine, cutesy flair of it. But I don't have the time to dress up everyday and being in a mostly male populated field, where i have to act distant and cold as possible to avoid unwanted attention, which I would receive, if I would act cute and feminine all the time- it's just not the best option.

>> No.8485531

>>8482843
Thank you anon thats so nice of you to say. Im not from portland but I really want to move there sometime soon!

>> No.8485555

Golf, martial arts, iron fit, cosplay, blogging, photography, swimming, and online shopping
Hobby, although I would love to make it my lifestyle. But it's expensive
School and work would prevent me from it

>> No.8485689

>>8483760
>ankle boots
they let you wear heels in lab? My school must be super strict on lab safety

>> No.8485798

>>8485689
At my school anything goes as long as it's closed toed and there's no gap between the hem of your pants and the top of your shoes.

>> No.8485882

Dolls, taxidermy, building houses on sims 4, LARP, RPing in general, vidya, General geek shit.
Pretty much keep it as a hobby. I'm a Smaug of lolita clothing; I hoard brand like it's my business, some I haven't worn yet. Haven't got the heart to sell it though. I'll wear it one day.
Because I'm a lazy fuck and getting dressed in lolita isn't as comfy as throwing on a tank top and jeans.

>> No.8485887

>>8485882
I really want to see your taxidermy work. Do you do cats?

>> No.8485894

>>8485531
You and me both. Where do you live now? Not like I expect anyone on /cgl/ to want to meet some weirdo from the interbutts, but it would be crazy if we actually lived close. I'm in Northern Cali myself.

>> No.8485901

Pump it up, Japanese rhythm games, fighting games, yugioh, and needle felting
I would keep it as a hobby more. My other hobbies get into dressing up unless it's just me sitting done and play a fighting game or a yugioh.
I don't want to do my hair everyday. It's too curly, big, and heavy and brushing it to look good for lolita takes too much work and money for products

>> No.8485929

Performing, theater, ballet, cosplay, sewing, playing my clarinet, and reading. I'm also a pretty hardcore weeb, and it shows. I'm pretty NEET right now.
Mmm, a bit of both? I like to lolify my life, even if I don't wear lolita as much as I like.
I pretty much stay home all day so I don't really dress up...I do bum around in lacy nightgowns, though!

Personally, I think lolita is a bit more than a hobby. I do feel like it's permeated multiple aspects of my life. But I've always been extremely feminine, so idk

>> No.8485990

Playing video games, playing music (I like to play clarinet and sing), and watching YouTube videos.

Even though I do aim for a nice sized lolita wardrobe, I prefer to keep it strictly a hobby.

Honestly, wearing lolita every single day of the year is very impractical for me. I don't like to wear lolita outside of meetups and conventions during the summer because it's way too hot where I live. Even though I do like wearing lolita to school and maybe some non-lolita social outings, I don't see the appeal of wearing it on days that I dedicate entirely to running errands like grocery shopping. Also, I like to mix up the type of fashion I wear from day to day. One day, I'll feel like wearing lolita, the next day I'll feel like wearing nanchatte fashion, the day after I'll feel like just wearing a T-shirt and jeans, and so on. I do admire people who are lifestyle lolitas, however - more power to them. It's just something I don't see myself doing.

>> No.8486168

>>8482321
Writing fiction & drawing manga never to be publish. Going through action sequences in my head to good music. Being a discreet Fujoshi. Funnily enough I gave up gaming.
Hobby for me.
My residential town is comparable to Mars but with a temperature as hot as Dubai so anything more than 1 layer is suicide. The nearest comm with habitable climate is 16hrs by car. Plus If hair & make up only took 10mins and dry-clean for those beauties only costs $10, I would consider it if I lived in a normal place.

>> No.8486881

>>8485887
Ah, should have clarified, I'm a collector anon. Mainly skulls, bugs, pelts, stuff like that. Sorry!

>> No.8487077

>>8485894
I just got back from California! I currently live in brooklyn, Ny though.
Do you have a throwaway email or something anon? Id love to chat sometime!

>> No.8487250
File: 200 KB, 546x856, ughuuu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Taxidermy, skeleton articulation, and building sets or replica skeletons of dinosaurs. More common hobbies are art, dungeons & dragons, photography, and video games.

I don't really prescribe to the idea of 'lifestyle' lolita. It's a hobby and a fashion.

While opposed to acquitting my life style for a fashion, if provided with a large enough wardrobe, I would dress in lolita daily.

>> No.8487260

>>8486168
Discreet fujoshis FTW!

>> No.8487294

>>8482321
Travelling, photography and general outdoorsy stuff. I used to travel a lot less but ever since I started travelling by myself it's been a lot easier since I don't have a petulant, spoilt city boy of a bf to drag along.

Currently I'm trying to brave a massive backlog of photos so I'm not really doing much else, but outside of these I have other hobbies as well.
Strictly a hobby, and one I infrequently indulge in at that.
It just doesn't suit my lifestyle.

>> No.8487348
File: 228 KB, 1395x1700, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Investing in stocks. I kinda regret not joining an investment club when I was in college. There are a few lolitas I know who invest, but I rather not speak to them about it because it deals with lods of emone. I also travel, take photos, drink good beers, and eat at unique places.
It's a hobby. I don't like the idea of being a lifestyle lolita.
Because I would rather disregard frills and acquire currency.

>> No.8487357

>>8487348
I'd like to start investing but I'm at a complete loss here, and most guides and tips online are for ameriburgers while I live in Europe.

Any beginner advice?

>> No.8487428

>>8487357
Have thought of registering an account with Morningstar to access investment advice and guidance? They probably have websites in Europe dedicated to each country. It would cost money per month, but you're using their advice to buy financial instruments.

And stay away from Value Line at all costs. Their UI is wonky, probably have no advice to Europeans investing, and irrelevant since 2001.

saging for being off-topic

>> No.8488048

>>8486881
I was just teasing you lol, it's really awesome you have such a weird hobby, but I like you more for including it.

>> No.8488049

>>8487077
That would be great! This is the email I post around for sales stuff, but I check it regularly.

>> No.8488063

>>8482321
I sew, read, knit and crochet, watch movies with friends, play skyrim or Zelda...
I keep it as a hobby.
I have a very, non-friendly job when it comes to fashion. I have had every soiling agent on my clothing and I want to keep it nice for when I'm on vacation. Also... I occasionally do the whole heavy metal thing and go wild.

>> No.8488065

>>8485555
quads, beautiful

>> No.8488222

>>8482321
I'm into fairy kei/decora more than lolita but I'll bite. Most of the time I just play video games, but my biggest passion is snowboarding. At the moment I'm completing my BASE level 1 course, which is the trainee level that you need to move up the ranks to eventually become a snowboarding instructor. Naturally, my boarding gear is all pink, purple, and white.

I'm also really interested in rollercoasters, for whatever reason. I love reading about how they work and how the mechanics affect the ride experience.

>> No.8488292
File: 988 KB, 500x375, 1427275882344.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8483219
Nice to see another Moonie all this slick new merch coming out left and right makes my bank account want to commit sedoku

>> No.8488308
File: 39 KB, 350x441, 3800401-xena-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I love collecting figures and cute plushies. I've recently gotten into Monster High dolls, I've always liked them but until recently it never occurred to me I could buy them. Even if I'm a grown woman it's no different than buying a figure. My spirituality is a big part of my life too. I practice Wicca and sell my tarot readings on the side for fun. Anything paranormal or bizarre is right up my ally. I adore makeup I swear I must spend years on YouTube watching tutorials and reviews. And of course there's vidya and drawing and books.

It's just a hobby, not even my main one if I'm being completely honest. But I enjoy it and think every girl should get to feel like a princess at least once.

Well if you naturally fit into that mold and you aren't being fake then whatever. But I think if your trying to force yourself to bake and crochet and be girly just to fit an esthetic then you need help, Sugar. Lolita is just a part of my life, not my reason for being.

On an unrelated side note please enjoy this picture of Xena Warrior Princess.

>> No.8490426

bump

>> No.8490449

>>8487260
Srly normies in my life would freak if they knew my 'dark side'. Lolita is as much as they could handle.

>> No.8490453

>>8490449
>discrete?

>> No.8490555

>>8482892
areyoume.jpg
Except I don't have a corporate job or do bjj anymore. I really, really miss it.

>>8482439
>>8482442
>>8482914
I also miss pole dancing and contortion a lot. ;_; I should do contortion again. No reason not to at home. I have my own pole, too, but the ceiling at my current place is too low.

Weight lifting, jogging, art (sculpting, doodling), travelling, fucking around on the internet, anime, cosplay. I really want to get back into bjj and pole dancing as I mentioned above. My dog.
Hobby.
I wish! But it really doesn't suit any of my hobbies at all, and I have a husky plus am around my parents' 5 huskies weekly when I visit.

>> No.8490625

>>8482321
I'm a writer. I make a decent amount of money publishing short stories in anthologies, but my main source of cash comes from my semi-related day job. I really enjoy it though, so I'm happy.