[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 704 KB, 276x152, Umineko-Beatrice1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8325176 No.8325176[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>tfw we can't have feels threads
>tfw when obvious bait thread doesn't get pruned.

We can't stand for this, gulls.
https://youtu.be/0V7aUT13qtM

>> No.8325188

>tfw we get more moderation than /b/
>tfw he does it for free

>> No.8325199

>>8325188
>new janitor rolls in a long time ago
>dramu disallowed
>whatever
>/cgl/ gets used to it
>tfw feels threads were always allowed when they were on topic
>even when off topic
>new newbie janitor rolls in
>obviously salty
>tfw seagulls actually check their shit and stay on topic to not anger new janitor
>get shafted anyway
>tfw we get less /cgl/ evrytim

>> No.8325208

>>8325199
> tfw we tumblr 2.0 now

>> No.8325214

If the threads are geared towards cosplay and lolita why can't we have them? Most threads on here go off topic, and they don't get deleted.

This is 4chan. Wtf.

>> No.8325302

Bought old ass dream dress. So rare you've never seen more then stock photos of it floating around. Buy it for a steal. Find out shitty ex bff was eyeballing it and enters rage mode that you got it.
>Talked shit about me behind my back
>Spread lies
>Acted superior to everyone and treats "friends" like peasants who are suppose to wait on her hand and foot

Karma is a bitch. Knowing she wanted it makes me so much more happy that it's mine.

>> No.8325319

>>8325302
Wow, which dress? I'm guessing you wouldn't care too much if shitty ex bff sees since she's an ex and who cares? Either way, pics or not, I hope you enjoy your new dress, anon!

>> No.8325341

>>8325319
Well she will see it soon enough since we are in the same comm. We just awkwardly avoid eachother at meets.

>> No.8325356

>>8325199
I remember two janitors earlier we werent allowed to talk about videogames, even if they were directly cgl related (jfashion games where your coords would be rated, poupee girl, so on)

I hope this janitor allows that. I understand where they are coming from saying "go to r9k for greentexts"
but that just shows they know nothing of our board culture or their board culture, we clash miserably.

>> No.8325359

>>8325356
Still can't believe they suggested /r9k/. Either they're new as fuck or have never ventured outside this board.

>> No.8325511

tfw I'll never meet qt Maguma

>> No.8325566
File: 57 KB, 600x434, 1428743463522.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw I have never been to a convention
>tfw I have never cosplayed
>tfw no friends to convince me to do it
>tfw no friends to go with and have a good time

>> No.8325660

>>8325566
i'd go with you anon

>> No.8325661
File: 1.01 MB, 545x802, 1418091211361.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just moved to Oregon from California
I feel like I fucked myself over as far as the con scene goes. Everything else seems to be fine and dandy, but the closest convention is Kumori and there doesn't seem to be anything else...

>> No.8325671

>>8325661
Fellow NW person here.
Yeah you're completely fucked, but I'll suggest some other cons for you.

>Portland
Newcon PDX (all fandom party con)
Wizard World Portland Comic Con
Rose City Comic Con
GEAR Con
Portland Retro Gaming Expo

>Vancouver/Seattle
Sakuracon
Emerald City Comic Con
PAX Prime (tix are sold out)

>> No.8325677

>>8325214
Yeah, it's a bit shit because I think these threads are a way that cosplayers and lolitas can talk anonymously about issues that they can't discuss anywhere else. By definition they are on topic, because it's the feelings OF cosplayers and lolitas. When we post feelings ABOUT cosplayers and lolitas it gets shut down for dramamongering.

Anyway to keep this on the approved topic,
>decided to partially leave lolita
>not having fun anymore
>online comms full of crybabys and weirdos
>local comm full of newbies and SJWs
>tell boyfriend I'm selling off my dresses and going back to normalfag
>he gets sad because he knows how much I enjoy wearing it, convinces me to give it another go
>friends I made in local comm organise a few meets where the weirdos & younglings can't participate
>Ok, I'll stay a bit longer

>> No.8325678

>>8325199
>tfw /cgl/ moderation is shit and inconsistent so posting is a gamble
>tfw mods aren't even cosplayers/lolitas
>tfw feels thread always attract the normalfags whining about their abusive relationships and bluh bluh so lonely

>> No.8325688
File: 48 KB, 535x577, 1387135070389.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8325566
Story of my life
I wish I had that one or two friends who would give me the confidence and encouragement to do things

But I just end up doing it alone, and doing it alone makes me feel like an awkward retard so I just dont go.

>> No.8325690

I want to quit cosplay and get into actual clothing design and branch off and make my own clothing line like Volante did but I love too much shit and cosplay is too much fun. But I'm sick of the stress from it and I don't want to take direct commissions I just want to make shit but I have too many people that follow me specifically for cosplay shit and I feel like If I stop cosplaying completely and start selling shit at cons and on etsy that i'll have this feeling of giving up and selling out. I feel so stupid and stuck and my home life is fucking me up and worsening my depression and I feel like I'm in this hole that I can't get out of.

I still want to cosplay, but I also want to just make cool clothes and sell them at cons without feeling like I gave up on cosplaying.

>> No.8325696

>tfw buy cute cosplay and wigs
>but don't wear them to cons bc no friends
>also embarrassed and awkward
OTL

>> No.8325713

don't know if related but
Sometimes out of curiosity I go to /r9k/ and read all the hate towards women, saying they are whores, etc
I get worried that most men are like that, at least the ones that have similar tastes like anime/videogames. Makes me not want to interact with any men at all, they scare me.
>tfw forever single

>> No.8325728

>>8325678
people whining about relationships, I can deal with.
but when /r9k/ comes to shitpost a safehaven that's obnoxious.

/cgl/ is shit at ignoring bait.

>> No.8325735
File: 233 KB, 540x304, tumblr_nnnk1unTBB1r41iwko1_540.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8325713
/r9k/ is a select batch of degenerates. there's a reason they're separated from /b/. don't worry anon, if you meet men like that you aren't missing out on anything.

>> No.8325741
File: 151 KB, 427x427, 1381851159457.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8325713
Nah I dont think so. /r9k/ is just full of bitter entitled neck beards who couldnt get the girl.

>>8325688
>>8325566
>>8325696
Maybe at some con in the near future /cgl/ should assemble a group of >tfw no friends
and all go together

>> No.8325746
File: 55 KB, 1280x720, Iwanttogetoffthisride.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>TFW spent about a year working on a Princess of the Crystal cosplay
>It's pretty much done just needs to be finished up.
>Looks pretty damn amazing, Like the skirt is huge and puffy and defies the laws of gravity sort of amazing.
>Begin to slack off and procrastinate.
>Pft I got this, no need to stress.
>3 months go by without even picking it up.
>Everythings fine I got this.
>Suddenly see thread about Fanime being one week away.
>WTFWHEREHASTIMEGONE I'M A FUCKING LOSER HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT
>Now have to make my hat, bodice lining, arm ruffles, butt bow, and stockings and go without contacts because I forgot to order them.
>MFW this literally happens everytime.

>> No.8325761
File: 110 KB, 986x740, 1238755111067.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> tfw I made the mistake of leaving 4chan

>> No.8325776
File: 629 KB, 500x376, official kaibacorp seal of quality.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Make Axes Femme order through FJ at ass o'clock this morning while drunk
>Got excited because they processed the quotes really quick
>Paid so hopefully items would get ordered right then
>Wake up hungover
>"kindly let us know which color you would like these items in so we can continue with the purchases for you"
>So close and yet so far, drunk me

>> No.8325790
File: 18 KB, 264x291, 1430110585761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8325761

>> No.8325916
File: 634 KB, 500x281, tumblr_mkhrv30DmU1rg5pb9o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw close cosplay friend committed suicide
>didn't know that he was depressed
>he was always joking around, smiling
>suddenly he becomes distant
>1 month goes by without a word
>found out he jumped in front of a train
>tfw I miss him so much

>> No.8325922
File: 491 KB, 500x219, tumblr_mzh045qx7g1qfjcnyo2_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>haven't been to a con in 4 years.
>missed it, but been busy.
>friend hears me go on about how great cons are.
>friend buys ticket for upcoming con.
>friend begs me to go with her, so I oblige.
>forgot how much I loved getting a costume together.
>forgot how much I love nearly everything about cosplaying and cons.
>have been obsessing about my costume since I bought ticket for con.
>been in full swing weaboo mode since I purchased ticket.
>tfw my normalfag friends aren't as into this stuff as much as I am.
>tfw it makes me feel lame to blab about cosplaying.
>tfw when my friend T says:
"Anon, what are you going to do when this con is over? You'll have nothing to talk about anymore. It'll be like you have no purpose anymore."
>tfw he's sort of right.
>tfw anime and cosplay make me happier than anything else in my life.

>> No.8326063
File: 114 KB, 640x640, 1427669491525.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8325713
Good, fuck off.

>> No.8326102
File: 7 KB, 256x245, cate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be guy
>Love gothic lolita fashion
>Get invited to a party where the theme is gender bender
>Resolve to go in gothic lolita
>Walking to the event with a few friends at night
>People have three reactions consisting of saying that the outfit is scary, the outfit is cute, or they try to figure out who I am
>I have to keep on telling people who I am because they can't recognize me
>One grill approaches me at the party and says she loves my coord and wishes she could get into lolita but it's 2expensive
>I tell her to do it because it'd be great
>He keeps on admiring the 'puff' of the petticoat
>I enjoy the party while keeping watch of stumbling drunks so I don't ruin the jsk
>This is great
>Mfw

>> No.8326228
File: 416 KB, 500x375, 3.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw this thread is still going.

Also
>tfw my shoes for my next cosplay arrived in the mail
>have the worst luck with high heels due to wide feet.
>they fit like a dream.

>> No.8326267

>>8325302
Holy fucking shit anon are you me? Literally the same exact thing happened to me this week

>> No.8326333
File: 55 KB, 610x396, 1348552699105.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>plan on going to huge con this summer
>go every year, major highlight
>last weekend
>family: "actually there's a family reunion thing out of state that weekend, you have to go."
>...Oh. Nobody told me I was expected to go though
>mom: "come on, you didn't WANT to go to AX did you?" with legit disbelief
>reunion is in the middle of nowhere with extended relatives I see maybe once a year and have nothing in common with

My family and I are usually so on the same page, so not getting told something important AND getting my plans kinda just dismissed like that back to back really sucked. I'm an adult who's moved out so they can't make me go, but everyone will be very disappointed in me I'd I don't. Tempted to not go anyway

>> No.8326350

>>8326333
This happened to me once too anon. I just didn't go to the reunion, they understand how important cons are for me, especially the biggest ones of the summer.

>> No.8326352

>Someone bounces on the room so my friend has to pay extra for her part (We all offered to pitch in more but she said no)
>One of our friends asks if he can go
>He's not a huge anime fan but we needed someone else in the room so we said okay
>Brags on the way over about how he's going to sleep with all these chicks and it'll be a great weekend
>We tell him whatever so long as he dosen't do it in our room
>Day one rolls around
>He mopes around and follows our photography friend around all day
>Complaining how he can't get in anyones pants and wants to actually date again
>Is depressed/angry all weekend
>Follows everyone around complaining how he dosen't fit in anywhere at the con

Needless to say he's not allowed to come with us to cons anymore.

>> No.8326358

I want to quit cosplay because it's literally ruining me. I have zero social life because I'm always making costumes and stressing over them, I'm neurotically anal about every detail and have nightmares of the con months beforehand. I love cosplaying to bits which is why I feel so strongly about it, but it's destroying my health and making me feel miserable. My friends keep telling me to take a break, but I can't. I'm obsessed with this fucking hobby. It makes me sad as shit.

>> No.8326380

>>8325746
Anon you still have time for contacts, just upgrade to DHL and you'll have them in 3 days.

>> No.8326381

I want to post more coord pictures and videos but I've been a long time lurker. I dont want to spam people to death with pictures of my new items since I get them at least once a month - I personally hate being spammed. I also dont know anyone in my comm too well, since I'm unable to make it to most meets. I'm just so ecstatic over the fashion and wish I had more non-anons to share the happiness with without being a spammy whore.

>> No.8326386

>>8326358
you need some benzoes anon

>> No.8326396

>>8326350
It's not just a reunion though. It's my sister's second wedding reception. There's the actual one here and then a second one out there for family members who couldn't make it. The rest of the fam I'd bounce on, but my sister is cool and I feel like I need to be supportive of her and her new husband. They're the only reason.

Though I still think a second reception is kinda dumb.

>> No.8326408

>>8325661
Where you at anon? I'm in Portland and there are plenty of cons during the summer here.

>> No.8326413

>>8326396
Damn. Try discussing it with your sister about how she'd feel about you not going to the second reception? If there's two can you make it to the other one?

>> No.8326415

>>8325566
Here, I'll convince you to do it.

Go make a costume. Go have fun at a convention. Go meet up with some gulls, make friends with people who love the shows you do, go have a good time.

I believe in you anon!

>> No.8326421

>Want to post photos to progress, feels, construction advice threads etc
>Mid-low tier popular, posted here sometimes
>Paranoid that IDing myself at all will make people think every photo of my cosplay is a selfpost, or think less of me for lurking here.

Feels bad. I want to link to my stuff when asked, but I can't shake the paranoia that it'll come back to bite me in the ass.

>>8326396
Bail. If you're attending the other reception, your family should understand that you already made monetary commitments (remind them about tickets, hotel etc); just get your sister's blessing first.

>> No.8326450

>>8326413
>>8326421
Yeah I'm of course going to reception 1 (I'm in the wedding of course I'm going!)

She also gave me an opportunity to bail, and I said I'm not. I really REALLY do not want to be an asshole to my family, esp her. I don't think she's all that excited about going either, but being stranded in fuckbeans nowhere without even the fam member she does like (me) would probably be even less fun for her.

>> No.8326455

>>8325916
you should have gave him a good fucking this is all your fault

>> No.8326456

>work at pizza place
>almost all coworkers are high school students
>prom rolls around
>typically only work 2 hours a night
>work 5 hours
>dead tired, been at school all day, went to iron fit, then work
>Get my paycheck
>It was so worth it
>bought a new dress

>> No.8326492

>>8325916
I know that feel. My best friend committed suicide a few years ago too. Shit happens and we're never really prepared for it.

>> No.8326517

>can fit into brand
>but too tall and wide to actually make it look good
>feel bad
>deal with feeling bad by searching for more burando to buy

what am I doing I don't even know anymore

>> No.8326520

> at home all day
> waiting on a package
> decide to step outside to see if my flowers need watering
> missed delivery notice tacked on the door
FUCKING POSTAL SERVICE.

>> No.8326574

>>8326517
Wear it anyway and bully womanlets in it

>> No.8326587

>>8326574

Can't. Most of them are too cute and adorable.

>> No.8326591

>>8326456
Congrats. I loved the feeling of buying something I had to save up a long time for due to working part time jobs + supporting myself. At that point you fucking deserve whatever you saved up for and busted your butt to get it

>> No.8326641

>>8326591
Thanks! I'm super excited, I haven't bought lolita in months due to cosplay things and now moving, but I am pleased

>> No.8326677

>Moving
>grades gone to shit
>no motivation
>feel awful all the time
>didn't place at championships

>Start going to the gym
>start feeling better about myself
>hang out with friends
>anxiety is gone
>create a funny parody blog the other night
>people love it

For once, things are looking up

>> No.8326754

>>8326677
I'm glad you're starting to feel better, anon, but this isn't cgl related. Try and keep it related to cosplay or lolita!

I feel like a douche even typing that up, cause idc if people make off-topic posts, but this janitor is real butt hole. Sage for off-topic.

>> No.8326813
File: 202 KB, 600x375, 1410057416317.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw too ugly to cosplay girl characters so i just crossplay as guy characters all the time
>tfw seriously considering exclusively cosplaying characters with helmets/masks/etc because i hate my face so much

>> No.8326818

>Working dead hard on cosplay to have it finished in exactly a week
>lack of food and sleep
>constantly changing mindset
>I can get this done, just gotta keep going
>nah do I even care that much about finishing
>yes of course I do it'll be so fun!
>eh it'll be fun either way no need to get so worked up

>have pizza for dinner as a treat
YES! I CAN WIN! I FEEL GREAT! I. CAN. DO. THIS!

>> No.8326824

>Donate to a cosplay blogger for 3 months in a row
>her Patreon page says she'll send a letter along with a bunch of prints
>it's been 6 months and still no mail from her
>don't want to message her because then I'll get a pity letter and not a letter of love

>> No.8326829

>>8326102
I enjoyed this feel, good luck anon.

>> No.8326847

>>8326421
>>Want to post photos to progress, feels, construction advice threads etc
>>Mid-low tier popular, posted here sometimes
>>Paranoid that IDing myself at all will make people think every photo of my cosplay is a selfpost, or think less of me for lurking here.
That's a really tricky situation, I don't know what I'd do in your situation either.

>tfw people assume you're selfposting when you actually aren't

>> No.8326857

>>8326824

You deserve it, fuckboi.

>> No.8326858

>>8326587
Time to embrace your role as their frilly bodyguard.

>> No.8326863

>tfw too fat to cosplay or jfashion
>tfw been trying to loose weight for years and years
>tfw my emotional eating is so bad I can't keep going the moment I feel bad
>tfw I feel bad often

I'm at a point where I'm going to look for professional help no matter what that may be. It makes me feel pathetic that I can't do this alone and with my own willpower.
But I don't want to waste more years feeling like I can't wear what I really want and instead wearing the most bland clothing I can find. I want to cosplay and wear cute jfashion and maybe feel good about how I look for a change.

>> No.8326867

>>8326857

Nothing wrong with donating to a Youtube/Twitch person if you want to continue watching them push out quality content.

>> No.8327463

>>8326520
Postal services are like ninjas, trying their absolute best to not actually deliver anything.

>> No.8327473

>tfw dad died last week
>tfw his SS will be the only thing I'll have gotten from him in 15 years
>tfw will probably just blow it on shitty cosplays

>> No.8327543

>>8326813
Aww it can never be that bad.

>> No.8327552

>>8326408
I'm in Eugene, so Portland cons aren't entirely out of the question as long as I can find a place to sleep.

>>8325671
Shit. But thank you, I'll have to check those out.
>Newcon PDX (all fandom party con)
Tell me more? Their site looks like ass, but I've always wanted to attend a party con.

>> No.8327573

>>8326858

I'm not big enough for that either. I'm only tall and wide enough that my clothes look like they don't quite fit.

>> No.8327581

>>8327552
You're right about the site being ass. It's just a very small con where the NW partying types like to hang out.

I just go to hang with friends. It's going on its 4th year and has a "medieval theme" for 2016, but you know most people aren't gonna give a shit.

They try to be all inclusive of fandoms, but the Portland scene is pretty anime-heavy, resulting in weeb panels and vendors.

>> No.8327593

>>8326863

Switch to one of the "all you can eat" diets? If you can take it that everything you can eat is limited to only protein.

>> No.8327625
File: 110 KB, 495x499, thestarswillnevershinebright.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> tfw every month is unexpected emergency month and I have no spare cash for lolita
> tfw dropped my phone in water today and spent the whole day crying and feeling terrible
> tfw found out the latest dress I bought has a stain and I haven't even worn it out yet b/c no matching shoes
> tfw worrying about money so much, ton of bills due this month, lots of stress at work, take anti-anxiety pills again
> tfw almost had a panic attack today, after 2 years without any, great
> tfw bf is angry because he can't console me and I just want to disappear
> tfw not as skinny as I once was, feel terrible despite comm telling me I look slim/great/was too skinny before
> tfw stupid ugly bitch forever

>> No.8327682

>>8327625
You are not any of those things, nor is the BS gonna last forever

>> No.8327697

>>8327625
I'm so fucking sorry, anon. Panic attacks are the worst, especially when you think you've finally gotten past them. It sounds like you've been having an incredibly stressful time in your life. I have anxiety too, and I know it feels like every little thing that goes wrong is a catastrophe, but you can definitely get past this. I would advise not worrying about lolita for the time being and getting your money troubles in order. Take your problems one at a time; make a list if it helps. Like with the dress, you could take it to a dry cleaner and see if they could get the stain out, and that would be one less stressful thing for you. It's not your fault that all these things are happening. If the pills are helping, definitely keep taking them, there's no shame in that. I sincerely hope things get better for you. Once this is all over, you can reward yourself with lolita stuff again.

>> No.8327708

>>8327697
>>8327625
Agreed with this anon. Just remember that panic attacks are not harmful and that everything is gonna be okay. It's okay to be stressed, it's a normal reaction.

Used to have anxiety/panic disorder, finally got rid of it after my rocky teenage years. Used to have those scary depersonalization ones, the one where you feel like you've lost track of where you are and feel like you're in a daze or just woken up or something. It's incredibly difficult to explain, but had one last year. It was quite scary to witness it again, but just remember that you know how to handle them now, they'll go away soon.