[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 498 KB, 500x283, 1405644758660.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7904908 No.7904908[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

feels thread!

I'm contributing

>tfw since i'm on /cgl/ i get even more depressed about my average/healthy weight and physic appearance
>all those cute, pretty girls and pretty boys and i'll never be like them
>getting more and more depressed and don't even wear lolita or cosplays anymore because i just feel i'm not good enough
>deleted my facebook and everything just because i was feeling so bad
>each time i saw a gorgeous girl i felt (and still feel) like shit and cried like an idiot...
>i don't even live anymore i'm obsessed by my shapeless ugly "average" body, ugly mug,...
>i feel extra bad when i leave the house and never goes to meet ups or fun meetings anymore because i give to much shit about what people think
>even though everyone thinks i'm really cute, several girls in the comm tells me i'm adorable and pinches my cheeks,hug me,... (they don't know about it)
>but it's all in my head and i can't get it out
i'll never be good enough.

>> No.7904924

>>7904908
>>7904908
used to feel that way all the time, now i just pop adderall and obsess about some random fucking thing until i know everything about it

last month i was depressed, now i have a fucking 3d printer after countless all-nighters

obsess about shit ti get yor mind off of shit bro..serious

>> No.7904944

>>7904924
(I feel kinda happy it's you who replied I should do that seriously that sounds cool thanks dude)
B-But what if kawaii bitches laugh about me for not being kawaii enough?

>> No.7904966

>>7904944
Well they're going to nitpick no matter what, if you're hot you have a shit personality. If you aren't you're hideous. Ignore it

>> No.7904985
File: 16 KB, 400x300, sad feels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be bipolar
>work hard, but after a few years, always get fired from jobs due to bipolar grumps
>got the "you have one more strike, then you're out" talk yesterday
>jobs are so sparse in my area
>in a bit of debt because of medical bills
>live with parents so I can pay those off
>too much pride to go on government bux
>friends want me to pull a cosplay out my ass in the meantime

Wat do? I've put in inquiries to colleges to look at higher education.

>tfw you try hard to not be a bitch, but you're a bitch anyway

>> No.7904986

>>7904908
If just looking at /cgl/ is enough to make you feel this way, I suggest you stop coming here.

After you read this, get off your computer/device and dress up real pretty. Grab a book, go outside, read at a park. Call your friends and meet up for a coffee/tea.

You can overcome this.

>> No.7905000

>>7904986
Doesn't help, see people being happy and shot sucks

>> No.7905018

Happy feels today. I just recently moved and left my bf and my brand in our old location to come down a month after me when I got our living situation fixed.
So I'm so happy to see my bf again and get to wear lolita and otome again. It's been so hard to wear normal fag clothes for a month.

>> No.7905059

>>7905018
Did you cheat on him in the month off?

>> No.7905086

>>7904908
OP, depression is so hard. I feel your feels. I found that wearing lolita really helped mine. I'm nowhere near the beauties of my comm, but I found joy in wearing the clothes by themselves, for me. I get the stupidest amount of happiness feeding the ducks in March of Duck. I'm chubby and need to lose some weight.
Also, this sounds stupid, but have you tried helping out a new lolita? Like letting her wear a favorite dress of hers or something? That always cheers me up.
If you want to talk about this kind of stuff, I'll be glad to toss you an email.
Really, sometimes focusing on something that makes you happy, no matter how stupid, can make you feel better. But so can concentrating completely on someone else.
Idk, doing these things... after awhile I just noticed I wasn't as depressed anymore. Good luck, anon!

>> No.7905096

I feel like a nice guy & a feminist like me will never get a qt cosplaying gf.

Such is the fate of nice guys in our corrupted society.

*tips Trilby*

>> No.7905118

>>7905086
your feels are my feels too anon, if I wake up feeling like a bag of shit and my anxiety is through the roof, I wear the most OTT coord I can muster and it usually works wonders.

Having said that, it's got to the point now where people at work ask me what's wrong if I turn up in lolita. They've figured out that there's a correlation between me feeling like shit in the morning and how dressed up I am.

>> No.7905245

>>7905096
>Being a guy that's a feminist
You're not welcome here, Anthony Burch.

>> No.7905285

>>7905245
We need to bring back bullying to put misogynistic nerds like you into their place.

>> No.7905376

>tfw you will never be a cute cat person
I just want cat ears and a tail. Though I can dress up as one from FFXIV

>> No.7905396

>>7905376
Otherkin, please leave.

>> No.7905408

>>7905396
I hope this is bait. If anything that post would be furry, but even that is pushing it.

>> No.7905416

>>7905408
Catgirls and boys are not furry, anon. They are cute animu.

>> No.7905427

>stopped self harming and food is turning into my new coping mechanism

I hate myself for not controlling myself over this.

>> No.7905598

>got friends to do a halloween costume group together, six of us total
>really excited for it, figure we'll all look so good together
>nope, two friends drop out two weeks before halloween for their own "secret" coordinated costume
>another girl drops out after that, i'm really bummed
>i just get a cute halloween coord together instead, whatever
>previous two friends are being super secretive and weird about their costumes
>won't even give hints but keep mentioning how much work they're putting in, stuff like "oh the materials we ordered arrived today! we'll probably spend the whole weekend working on our...thing"
>one has only done closet cosplays, other has never made a costume in her life
>i'm sort of intrigued by this point, trying to puzzle out what the hell they're doing. still pissed that they dropped out of what we'd been planning for a good while without any explanation
>one mentions a "paper mockup"
>shit, they're really doing this, i guess
>see her today printing out what appears to be a paper pattern for some sort of daft punk-style robot helmet
>halloween is friday
>they are just now putting together MOCKUPS
>even if they were making the helmets out of foam, they'd need much more time
>lol good luck m8
I shouldn't feel this way about my friends struggling, but I'm still bitter that they just dropped our plans like that. Hell, I would've helped them come up with a more manageable costume if they'd just ASKED. It'll be interesting to see what they finally come up with for Friday.

>> No.7905648

>Hardly any energy in day to day life
>Like spending time with friends
>Can't stand having time to think to myself
>Work on project after project
>Both cosplay and Gunpla
It's to the point where the only thing keeping back the constant down feeling is a steady supply of plastic crack and props.
Really should go to a therapist. It can't hurt.

>> No.7905666

>>7904908
>had plans to cosplay as Homura with my best friend who would be Madoka at our favorite local con this year
>she passed away in a car accident in September

I just want to pull a Homura for her and make sure she never got in that car. We were planing the costumes out so much before she died and it's making everything worse. I don't know what to do without her.
I feel so hollow.

>> No.7905669

>>7905666
My condolences, from one Homura cosplayer to another.
Wear it and make her proud, Hameru, you're stronger than you know.

>> No.7905671

>>7905666
I am so sorry for your loss.

>> No.7905700

>>7905666
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that Anon. You should finish your cosplay for her, it's probably what she would have wanted.

>> No.7905816

>sabotaging my own life
>angry at myself constantly

>> No.7905828

>>7905666
Definitely cosplay it. It might be hard to do, but do it for her.

>> No.7905837

>>7905816
I understand that feeling anon.
I constantly screw myself over and yet I never learn.

>> No.7905930
File: 73 KB, 202x208, 1407799660885.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>con coming up
>no motive to really go anymore
>only planned new cosplay isn't weather appropriate

The only reason I would go to cons now is just to StreetPass and to game, but even then I'm not even good at that.

>> No.7905962

>4 different friends want to do pair cosplays with me for competitions next year
>I'll only have time and resources to do 2
They're all so motivated and reliable lately that I don't know who to go with! I wish they were all into the same things so we could make a group but instead I'll have to pull out on at least one of them.

>> No.7906070

>>7905666
Did you see her remains?

>> No.7906082

>tfw recently go through some really shitty bullshit from a shitbrick
>feel absolutely awful, all the time
>sleep all day, don't want to go out, binge netflix, cry all day
>really feel awful
>really want to seek professional help
>I get really really choked up thinking about how I would go about talking to a stranger
>don't have insurance anyway.. or a job/money
>feel so fucking pathetic

>want to get a job specifically to be able to get help
>so terrified to tell my mom and disappoint her

The only thing I fucking want in life is to make my mom proud of me. I'm so broken and fucked up right now and I hate it. I just want to die. I really need help but I don't know how to get it

>> No.7906089

>>7905666
Ah-- you're not alone, anon. The last conversation I had with my friend before he died on Friday was about how badly he wanted to cosplay Peter Pan.

I may be doing a last minute rush to make a Wendy costume for Halloween. I don't know. I feel really empty and have no motivation, so buying fabric may be for nothing.

>> No.7906093

>>7904908
You're stuck in negative feedback loop. The more you tell yourself you're worthless and ugly the more you believe it. If you tell yourself anything over and over you start to believe it. You know how they brainwash POWs and prisoners and stuff to get them to turn on their side, or get prisoners to confess to stuff they never did? It's really similar except its you, in your head, 24/7.
Anyway I used to do this too. Now I'm still depressed but I have really high self confidence at least. Instead of constantly getting down on my appearance, I would look in the mirror and force myself to find good things about my appearance. If you don't see any, pick something that you hate less and just pretend like its better than it is. Keep telling yourself you look nice and pick out those features that look nice and tell yourself how nice you look multiple times a day. Even if you don't really believe it, it doesn't actually matter. The only point is to break out of the negative feedback loop you created. It might take some time, but I don't think it took longer then a month or two for me. Maybe it sounds stupid but there's actually some solid psychology behind it. Antidepressants also help. Good luck anon, you don't deserve to feel this bad.
>>7904924
How did all nighters lead to a 3d printer? Like you learned how to 3d design or you earned the money to get it? Thats pretty cool, my boyfriend has a 3d printer and I have no idea how to use it but I'd like to

>> No.7906096

>be in a relationship with bf for years
>want to break up with him

how. it honestly tears my heart to do so but i dont feel anything toward him anymore and he's been making me upset lately

>> No.7906097

>>7906089
I know someone that made a cosplay in memory of either a friend or a family member (I don't remember) and she won a contest with that. I'm not sure how to feel about that but it sure made the judges more sensitive. Not trying to make her look bad but I really thought this piece of information wasn't appropriete for a competition?

>> No.7906102

>>7906096
You can do it anon, it's for the best. There's no use to stay in a relationship filled with lies. You're feeding him false hopes each day that passes and it's going to hurt worse in the end. You don't need to explain yourself to him but if there's anything to say, tell him you don't want to poison yourself anymore and you need the weight off of your shoulders.
Make sure that's what you want though beforehand. Wish you luck!

>> No.7906104

>>7906097
I agree-- there is no way I would wear it to a competition. Even in my situation right now that just feels less...personal? The only time I have thought of cosplaying Wendy was when he brought it up and when he died. I don't think I could take away from that by a competition-- let alone using it as a manipulative tactic to win.

>Mfw also really afraid to wear it to cons because some Peter may cling to me and fuck if I want a Peter aside from my friend.

>> No.7906115

>>7905666
>>7906104
I think it'd be nicer if you made the cosplay for a photoshoot dedicated to the person. Wearing it to a con is an invitation to have your picture taken with other cosplayers and it's going to hurt like a bitch remembering your friend all the time, it was enough to make the costume imagine being bombarded constantly. Nobody is going to understand why you're crying (but might assume you're a crazy oversensitive first-time con-goer and you need a chillpill).

>> No.7906129

>>7906102
thanks anon, ive been feeling this way for months now but i kept on testing our relationship to make sure i really felt this way, and people don't change so i can't expect him to change. im just waiting for us to be done with exams, but i dont know if its such a good idea to wait one more month. we rarely have anything to talk about and its always just me talking, and being in a ldr doesnt help either

>> No.7906130

>>7906115
Yeah. I was thinking about doing a photoshoot. Also, Halloween since that would be the week anniversary and I have no costume plans anyways. It may also just give me something to do with my hands to cope.

I guess I could always choose not to wear it for Halloween if it gets to painful and do some bullshit zombie thing or something or one of my more laid back cosplays, too.

>> No.7906142

>>7906129
You're already stressing with exams is it worth waiting for the holidays? This is about you anon, not him or for the sake of your broken relationship. If you think about how he's going to cope with it before your own sanity first, maybe that's the red alarm.

>> No.7906151

>>7906142
my parents recently got divorced and seeing how my dad got once my mom put through the divorce and then started dating is probably the main reason why im doing things the way i am. but i think you might be right anon. i should probably worry about myself first for once

>> No.7906159

>>7906151
I see where you're coming from but it definately seems like there's not enough time for yourself. Be careful with that.

To make it more /cgl/ related, think about all the brando you're going to buy afterwards

>> No.7906163

>>7906159
haha already bought some today, kind of helped, thanks anon, you're wonderful