[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 349 KB, 500x500, 1405392762950[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7699294 No.7699294 [Reply] [Original]

old one in autosage >>7692052

>> No.7699370
File: 37 KB, 509x619, 45353657600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699294
>tfw day off
>sister also has day off
>have a bunch of mailing/ebay and personal stuff to do
>also have a concert I have to perform in/travel to later in the evening
>sister wants me to go to the beach with her for the day but I tell her I'd rather get my stuff done and she can hang out with me another day
>gets pissy and says that I'm wasting her time and I'm just going to sit inside all day doing nothing

I skipped going to a convention to go to the beach with her the other weekend, she wants to do this every week and I'm just not that into it. We practically have this argument every time she calls and it makes me feel bad because she tries to spend time with me but we don't have very similar interests.

>> No.7699382
File: 128 KB, 960x640, 1405728038599.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to convention
>see some good cosplay and some bad cosplay
>and then there's these 2 hamplanets cosplaying
>take a bunch of pictures of the cosplayers I like
>see most cosplayers getting their pictures taken
>nobody ever asks the two hamplanets for pictures
>eventually they just sit on a corner together and stay there
I hate fat women. They were even worse than these two.

>> No.7699393

>>7699370
Are you fucking or something? There's no need to give up what you want to do just because she wants to do something else. If your thing requires more time and dedication than gallivanting around on a beach that's going to be there all year anyway that's something she's going to have to deal with.

>> No.7699396

>>7699370
You sister sounds like an asshole. If you said no to actually just sit inside and do nothing then you'd be the ass but you had shit to do and she should respect that. That's just key in any relationship. Try and talk to her about it when she isn't mad or trying to do something with you, or just suggest something other than the fucking beach.

>> No.7699403

>>7699382
>not taking their picture to post in a fat hate thread

>> No.7699414

>second time taking class that I need
>teacher is absolute shit
>not doing so well on the first two quizzes so far
>bf reminds me that my next semester will be ruined if I don't step my game up
>he leaves
>sob quietly to myself
>take out unfinished lunch even though I'm stuffed
>eat it all

I don't even want to go to the gym anymore. What's even the point.

>> No.7699422

>need help cleaning room
>its so messy its overwhelming
>ask boyfriend for help
"well I deal with your emotional damage, so I should do less work around the house, plus I do bills, money stuff, and help you with work"

>I work, when he helps I get more offers and do twice as well
>other than that he's jobless and I'm doing 90% of the work
>I cook (even when sick as can be)
>I pick up
>I clean
>I do laundry
>I drive

I ask him what my emotional damage was
>well you get upset whenever you think about my exes
I tease him for being a manwhore..

no intents on breaking up but how do I deal with his crap and get his help around the house? I just want help cleaning around the house because I'm busy otherwise.

>> No.7699425

>>7699422
Tell him to get a job or else clean like the worthless house husband he is

>> No.7699433

>>7699422
make a list of the things you do vs the things he does, and then throw it at him and say, "Get off your lazy ass and help. Welcome a relationship, we do shit for each other."

My boyfriend occasionally tries to guilt me into doing things for him (he does do a LOT for me, because I'm a fucking wreck half the time) but I always just say, "You're the one dating me, you signed up for this, and you knew it'd be like this before we got together."

>> No.7699452

>seller reply to my wtb
>a week with no reply, even though i messaged her back to remind her
>cry

>> No.7699453

>>7699422
I would leave that guy in a heartbeat, he sounds like an asshole. Unless you're like living in his house rent-free or something, pulling that shit because of "emotional damage" is a red flag.

>> No.7699461

>>7699422
He wants you to play housewife. I'd dump.
>>7699414
He's suppose to support you. If your going to fail make sure you at least know the material for the next time around to succeed. If in the case you do fail, you should be pro at the 3rd try.

>> No.7699487

>>7699422
>I deal with your emotional damage so I don't have to clean up after myself like an adult
Anon your boyfriend is a colossal asshole. I bet if you did break up with him for being a lazy shit he'd go around telling people you were a jealous bitch who couldn't get over his exes and "just suddenly went crazy out of nowhere".

He better be amazing in every other aspect because if I were dating a lazy unemployed slob who took digs at my mental state ('damaged' or otherwise) I'd drop him like a hot potato.
Do what >>7699433 says and show him that his "I did a thing once!" bullshit doesn't hold up.

>> No.7699488
File: 61 KB, 395x513, 1392983848902.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me,18yo grill with androgynous small face
>usually not in sweet lolita or lolita in general >but want pastel stuff and look cute for once
>always in dark and elegant boystyle (ouji) >affraid to show that i like cute things and feminine stuff.
>fall in love with Jewellry Jelly and Dreamy Dollhouse
>"i'll never find these anyway and i'm too ugly baw baw"
>take a look at some comm sales on fb
>mfw a girl is selling 2 JSK
>mfw it's muh dream dresses
>Jewelry Jelly and Dreamy Dollhouse in lilac and pink
>just the colorway i wanted and the JSK
>type like there's not tomorrow to ask the price
>"300 euros shipping included for the two of them anon"
>have enough money right now
>good feels

>> No.7699491

>>7699488
Ah and my english is shit so i'm sorry not a native speaker

>> No.7699532
File: 220 KB, 650x488, 82a260a9-d589-4b08-9927-e8a3c1a47.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>find an expired listing for a dream dress of mine
>message seller to ask if she could hold the dress for a week and a half, and I'll buy it.
>seller says that's fine and she'll hold it until then
>shortly after see that the dress has been relisted

Well I tried, hopefully it will still be around when I can get it.

>> No.7699563

>con I've been looking forward to all year is in two weeks
>couple cosplay planned with boyfriend
>boyfriend most likely won't be able to make it
>fuck

Honestly though my main issue at the moment is that I don't know how to empathize. Never have. Never needed it before now.
My boyfriend is having a hard time with his work right now which is mainly self-inflicted (he seriously overestimated himself and then found out the hard way that he's a regular mortal like the rest of us) and I have no idea how to be supportive. It's just not coming to me. This has never been a problem before because I've never been this close to anyone but now it's really becoming apparent. I do simple stuff like make him coffee and take his part of the housework off his hands, but when he comes crying to me about something I have no idea how to make him feel better. All that's going through my mind at that moment is
>told you so
and
>are you done, I want to get back to what I was doing before
Of course I don't actually say this because I'm not THAT much of a callous bitch but I worry that he can sense from my half-assed hugs that I'd rather be doing something else.

Afaik I'm not a sociopath or anything. Just stunted development, I guess. I wish I knew how to fake it because I do care about this guy and want to help him feel better.

>> No.7699565 [DELETED] 
File: 221 KB, 500x301, squid.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>had sex for the first time yesterday
>it felt somewhat good but mostly hurt
>he came three times in an hour and a half, I didn't come once

Does it get better anons?

>> No.7699573 [DELETED] 

>>7699565
It gets much better anon. For reals, the best thing you can do is masturbate. Find out what you like, what gets you off, and then talk to your partner about it.

PS, If he is only interested in sex so he can cum, suggest he take matters into his own hands instead. :D

>> No.7699577 [DELETED] 

>>7699563
Just tell him how you feel, it's very important to be open about this sort of stuff and communicate with him if you really want the relationship to work. Let him know you don't know how to make him feel better but tell him you do care.

>>7699565
If the guy doesn't at least go down on you to make sure you cum he's terrible at sex. also what >>7699573 said.

>> No.7699582 [DELETED] 

>>7699573
Whew, I'm glad to hear that, thanks for the advice. He has asked me what I enjoy, but I think was way too nervous to really get off.

>> No.7699583
File: 177 KB, 500x280, tumblr_inline_mj9o6hbLc61qz4rgp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>getting ready for last us con before moving to another country
>super excited to couple cosplay with bf
>work extra hard to make costumes for me and him
>life starts sucking, get sexually harassed at work, break arm falling down stairs
>bf says "i don't understand why you get so emotional"
>we break up 4 weeks before con
>still have tickets to convention, hotel booked
>"i never wanted to go anyway"
>decide to go anyway, fuck that guy, i'll go with my friends
>now, 2 weeks before convention
>fall and re-fracture the same arm in the same place
>fml.jpg

>> No.7699587

>>7699563
Holy shit anon are you me??? I am going through almost the EXACT same thing and feel the EXACT same way. I also have no idea what to do.

>> No.7699593

>going to convention with bf and his two friends in November
>booked hotel room with only 1 bed
>will be bf's second convention, their first
>they are all expecting me to show them a good time
>tfw scared they won't like it

>> No.7699594
File: 19 KB, 250x250, 1297644700693.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699563
>my main issue at the moment is that I don't know how to empathize

You got it right when you said stunted development, because you sound emotionally immature. I don't think that hobbies like cosplay, which is just a sublimation of infantile desires (that is, the affective identification with immature imaginary states sheltered from the reality principle by symbolic disavowal (verleugnung)) are helping that much.

Try seeking out some experiences which put you in situations where you are obliged to act responsibly and empathically.

>> No.7699609
File: 52 KB, 432x288, 1394540363536.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699563
I feel you anon
>has shit empathy except towards animals
>boyfriend has enough empathy for both of us
>feel like a sociopath because he's always my moral compass

>> No.7699616
File: 80 KB, 529x327, no more feels, only dreams.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699583
Dude anon I feel you so hard.

>Feel like I'm getting close to breaking up with bf from being fed up
>He keeps making amateur mistakes over and over, isn't very responsible
>Afraid he won't even have money for the upcoming con
>If I do I won't have anywhere to stay for upcoming con
>All (and I mean ALL) of my friends at the con are mutual friends with him and I think they like him better
>This con will be the last con I ever go to since I'm graduating after and moving out of the country
>mfw

>> No.7699617
File: 549 KB, 1012x1500, driveby2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699563
>>7699587
>>7699609

>mfw r9k was right

>> No.7699631

>could have bought new dress
>instead I have arpakasso and a couple of new 3DS games

>> No.7699633

>>7699631
You made the better choice, you can play games and have fun and cuddle with arpakasso. Dresses lolis buy they wear once and then they just end up in the Buy/Sell/Trade threads anyways.

>> No.7699640

>>7699633
>Dresses lolis buy they wear once and then they just end up in the Buy/Sell/Trade threads anyways.

I will never understand this about women. Never.
I buy clothing that I will wear and continue wearing until it becomes threadbare or too dirty, and that means I buy clothing to wear for years to come. Why would anyone buy something, wear it once, and never again. What was the point in buying it in the first place, then?

I give up trying to understand.

>> No.7699641

>>7699631
Did you get any with the Best Buy deal going on right now?
>tfw good deal on games but no spending money until next week

Also good feel from last thread, I was heartbroken (to tears, as pathetic as that is) because I missed the meta reserve and a kind anon mentioned that you could email them and see if they have more stock so I did and now I am getting one in the cut and color I wanted

>thank you kind anon

>> No.7699647

>>7699640
Maybe if you're a flavor of the month lolita and need all the newest releases, but I personally keep my dresses.

>>7699641
Yes, I did get the best buy deal.

Congrats on getting your dress, I'm glad to hear it, seeing as I'm the anon who gave you the tip.

>> No.7699648

>felt motherly instincts for the first time ever yesterday
>scared the hecky out of the BF because we've both agreed that kids are a no-no
>But it's okay because it was with kittens

I honestly think I'm a crazy cat lady in my soul. I felt like those kittens were my own children. I hate actual children, but god damn, caring for animals makes me feel so good. So warm and soft and like I'm doing something that really matters, even if it's just to some tiny little kitties.

I can die happy with cats.

>> No.7699664

>tfw cosplay almost done
>notice flaws
>seam rip that fucker apart and start from square one
>repeat

I have one month to go and I can't bring myself to lower my standards for my first project. What do?

>> No.7699666

>>7699664
What cosplay are you working on?

>> No.7699670

I need to control my shopping addiction or else I'm really going to turn out flat broke. But I'm back into depression at the moment and he only thing that brings me joy is the thought of having a wardrobe people that others are jealous of.

>> No.7699678

>>7699664
Oh god I'm going to know that feeling soon. The problem is, you can't really seam rip an armor cosplay. This is going to drive me insane.

>> No.7699682

>>7699666
Ike from fire emblem. I've seriously redone trim on his jacket about 6 times because it always looks shitty to me.

>> No.7699685

>>7699647
Oh! Thank you, I'm glad you saw that, then!

>>7699640
Some people do that habitually, but most lolitas I know, self included, will hold onto a dress for as long as possible if it's a good fit/cut/color/etc. The ones that get put up for resale are ones that fit funny or look bad, etc.

>> No.7699693

>>7699670
Turning out flat broke / in $750 debt is what turned around my shopping addiction. That and a lot of buyer's remorse.

>> No.7699719

>popular/kinda famous on facebook
>loads of like per pic,loads of comments,...
>terribly awkward to talk
>can't talk to my "friends" because i end up repeating myself ALL THE TIME saying the same things
>I'm a fucking boring person who can't be at least a bit social and can't stop repeating herself and I deserve to die alone

>> No.7699741

>Dream dress appears on Y!JA
>In the colourway I don't like

Fuck sake, it wouldn't be so bad if it was a popular print, but it's not

>> No.7699836

>>7699640
I sell because of fit and material. I look for those special long term pieces.

>> No.7699850

>meet seagull at local con
>she's really sweet
>we add each other on Facebook and eventually Tumblr
>don't interact much besides occasional likes or reblogs
>want to reach out and become better friends with her
>socially retarded + not sure how she feels about me
Oh god I need to stop being a little bitch and step up, but I just can't bring myself to because I somewhat fear rejection. ;_;

>> No.7699871

>>7699693
$750's not too bad. You can get out anon!

>> No.7699872

> Your cosplay will never be 10/10 because you aren't Asian

>> No.7699885
File: 163 KB, 400x400, 1404640985491.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>20$ worth of clothes on buyee y! japan
>67$ shipping

how the fuck? why?
I already paid for the items so I want them, but consolidated shipping is so high, plus there was a 10$ fee..
What should I do?

>> No.7699909

;-; Someone found my first cosplay and posted it in a cringe thread

>> No.7699921

>>7699909
Well would your current cosplays make the cringe thread?
If yes. You've got work to do.
If no. Take comfort in the fact that you've progressed well!

>> No.7699928

>>7699921
Thanks I aprciate that people mostly ignored it tbh so I got that going for me.

>> No.7699977

>>7699850
Are you me?

I wish I could put some sort of secret symbol on my tumblr that fellow seagulls would know means "I'm shy so I have trouble responding right away, but I am absolutely interested in becoming friends."

I just feel bad needing others to be patient with me, but unless someone like, directly asks me a question on tumblr, I feel like I should allow the conversation to conclude and not keep bothering them with responses.

>> No.7699983

>>7699885
You must have bought heavy clothing or a lot of little items so the domestic shipping price is high.

>> No.7700009

>>7699871
except.... every time I make a payment, I have to use the card to pay for some necessity. It never fails, every time the bill's due, life slaps me in the face with something else to pay for.

>> No.7700019

>got back into lolita
>bought a bunch of dresses and accessories
>"'sweet' is so cute! I love this style!"
>discover otome kei
>it would suit me SO much better
>now stuck with all this sweet-style stuff
>want to sell it all now to get all these adorable ETC dresses that are up for auction

I am a fool.
A foolish fool.

>> No.7700046

>>7699872
>tfw cosplay turns out 5/10 because I'm half Asian

>> No.7700103

>le two wild wishlist lolita dresses appears on auctions for low prices
>still unsure if buy both or only one
>also the other jsk is a color i never used but i love the print so much
>>7700019
I want an ETC jsk but issue i what i want it's still high priced so i cannot buy them yet.

>> No.7700108

>>7699693
Luckily I'm not in the red but I've got only a fourth left of what I started with this year. Only have real remorse about two who ended up not fitting well. I'm mostly concerned I get it about stuff I have in the mail because I don't want to lose money and end up dissapointed. Looking at my grown wardrobe does make me happy, but I really need it under control. I have now over 20 dresses what I see others describe as a medium sized wardrobe. Is it really? I feel bad at it still being ''small'', though it is full brand.

>> No.7700109
File: 14 KB, 355x316, 1405495115750.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>spend 72 hours in a psych-ward after trying to kill myself
>dad drives over from across the country non-stop to pick me up and take me to live with him after not seeing him in over 5 years
>everybody thinks that it's what's best for me while I was being hospitalized
>relationship with girlfriend is pretty much at the point of no repair and we're thousands of miles away from each other after living together for a year
>drive with my dad and his girlfriend that I barely know for 21 hours
>dad really loves me and cares about me but also loves tinfoil hats and talking about government conspiracies
>start wondering if this will make things even worse after all

Everything came out of left field and I'm still in a massive amount of shock.

Trying to keep a hopeful perspective. I heard there are quite a few comms here, though- but I feel like because I'm a psycho I don't even deserve to have friends. Or they would find out why I came down to this area in the first place and want nothing to do with me. For a while I was buying more and more lolita because I thought it would fill the void and make me feel something that wasn't anger again, but instead it all just kind of collects dust.

>> No.7700115

>>7699382
I don't get your feels, anon. You're bothered because fat people didn't annoy you at all?

>> No.7700128

>>7700103
>le two wild wishlist lolita dresses appears on auctions for low prices
>le two
>le
go the fuck back to 9gag

>> No.7700130

>>7700128
So sandy.

>> No.7700137

>>7700130
so new

>> No.7700154

>>7700137
such meme
wowe

>> No.7700207

>>7699719
Are you me? I'm not incredibly awkward but I always repeat shit unless I make mental notes of what I said.

>> No.7700243

>want to start cosplaying
>colourblind
>can't get any real person to look at colours with me
>don't trust people online

fugg
fuck my life

>> No.7700245

>>7700243
Can't even get someone from your family to help you out, anon?

You could always print references, then ask at the fabric store for assistance. We had a color blind quilter come in sometimes when I worked at Hancock's, and she'd ask whoever cut for her to check that she wasn't putting clashing prints together (she usually bought sets of the same fabric lines, some of which came in multiple colorways, so sometimes she had to ask us to be sure).

>> No.7700251

>>7700109
Anon I hope everything works out for you and it's kind of your Dad to let you live with him.

>> No.7700270

>>7700245
>You could always print references, then ask at the fabric store for assistance
pretty much just do this, I'm colorblind and that's what I've been doing

>> No.7700411

>>7699488

Androgynous girls are the cuttezt anon. Have more self confidence.

>> No.7700441

>>7700251
I hope so, too. Thank you.

He seems a lot better adjusted than he was 5 years ago, so I need to give him the benefit of the doubt. He really wants to help me get back on my feet, which I really appreciate and can't even express how glad I am that he was willing to take me in- but I'm still a little wary.

He's not expecting rent from me or anything, and he wants to teach me how to drive, too! I'm almost 21 and never actually had to time and resources to ever actually get my license. It's super pathetic, but I'm getting my shit together thanks to him.

I just really wish he was more willing to let me take my own medication. That's where the tinfoil hat comes in. Honestly, I feel like I'm the sort of person that NEEDS to be on some sort of medication, but he's very, very against it and thinks it's like a conspiracy or something.

I really worry about him.

>> No.7700444

>I did some rather cringe worthy things late junior high to high school
>SO finds my old cringey cosplay pictures
>Find out that my ex wrote about my behavior when we were together on his blog
>This is all irreversible because I no longer have the password to all my old cosplay/anime websites
>Too much embarassment to handle
>Just want to crawl into a ball and die

>> No.7700467

>>7699532
As an ebay seller, it pisses me off when people ask me to hold things off for them, lower the price, change the listing, make the transaction outside of ebay, etc.

Auction sites are not a hugbox lj comm.

Sorry for that rant, but I guess that counts as a feel, too.

>> No.7700471

>>7699532
Maybe she wants you to buy it off of lacemarket first?
Then she'll wait the week for you to pay after the transaction is down on lacemarket.

>> No.7700476

>been applying to so many places to leave my crappy old job
>hitting up Indeed, Monster, Craigslist, anything
>no one bites for a month
>see cute cafe on Craigslist that's looking
>NYC, Greenwich
>Hey I already work near there!
>Apply
>Get a friendly response within an hour! "When can we interview you anon? :)"
>Look up the address real quick to see how long my commute would be
>It's in CT
>Greenwich, CT
Oh...

>> No.7700525

>>7700476
Don't feel bad, anon. I almost fell for the same thing and it's a listing for a place with the same name in NJ. NYC job search is suffering but we both can get through it!

>> No.7700543

>>7700525
Ahh thanks, I really needed to hear that! It's been a rough month. Crossing my fingers for both of us, anon!

>> No.7700551

>>7700543
Yes, good luck! Now only if we can somehow get rid of the $20/hr bike delivery and ALL CAPS scam listings.

Not sure if you live close but there's a bunch of places at QCM and Rego Park hiring. I hope this helps!

>> No.7700608

>>7699370
why are you such a doormat

>> No.7700609

>>7699422
dump him

>> No.7700617

>>7699583

How do you fall so much?

>> No.7700618

>>7700411
Seconded!

>> No.7700622

>debating whether or not zumba is a good fitness option for lolita-appropriate body.
I know it looks silly, but it's fun, and I was quite charmed by the instructors from a nearby gym. I'm already skinny though, and I'm afraid I'll eventually get too toned, while I would like to maintain my soft appearance; and yet, I'm terrified of gaining weight every time I eat, so I need an option for aerobic exercising.

>> No.7700637

>>7700622

Zumba is fat old mom tier exercise.

Go actually do work, run/swim, lift.

>> No.7700654

> naturally have large chest
> want to be thin and flatchested
> lazy
> also, really short so any weight gain is 2x more obvious

:(

>> No.7700661

>>7700637
fuck you zumba works anon.

>> No.7700666

>>7699616
Broken arm/crappy bf anon here, may I ask what your upcoming convention is?

I've had to room with an ex at a con just a couple months after breaking up... and he brought his new gf. It suuuucks. If you happen to be going to Otakon, maybe I can help you out.

>> No.7700672

>>7700617
I'm super clumsy. First time slipped cuz I was wearing socks on carpeted stairs. Second time, floor was slippery and I was wearing wedges (I fail at heels).

>> No.7700676

>>7700654
Are we twins? I am 4'11 skinnyfat and have 32f/ddd boobs

>> No.7700784

>>7700467
Which is fine to have that opinion. I was very nice in my email and said that if it is not doable I understand, also it has been expired for almost a week before i decided to email. A "no" would have been fine or if she feels the same way as you I would accept that response too. But she had already said yes and then later relisted. I won't bug her about it because of the reason you stated, but it never feels good when someone changes their mind and doesn't let you know.

>> No.7700795

>confess to this guy on valentines day (cheesy but I was happy ok) and give him chocolate
>he agrees to go out, says feeling was mutual
>at first, it's all hunky dory, we hang out and text
>all of a sudden he gets distant, talks to everyone else normally but ignores/doesn't initiate any conversation with me
>try to talk to him more but I have apparently lost the ability to hold a normal conversation
>tried to ask him out on a date aprox. 3 different times, said he was busy
>didn't want to seem clingy or trouble him so I back off
>"dating" for around 2 months
>I get fed up, plan to talk to him about relationship/possibly break up after he gets back from a trip with his family
>he dies in horrible car crash on trip
>cue horrible guilt over me being a bad gf
>has been around 5 months and I want a SO/someone to be emotionally intimate with
>wtf is wrong with me my bf just died

petty sidenote: on white day I got candy from his best friend but not from him

>> No.7700811

>>7700795
Doesn't sound like your "relationship" had much value in the first place.

>> No.7700812
File: 22 KB, 500x313, 1374114206913.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hardly have any friends, and the only friend I've got hasn't really been talking much with me lately. I really don't want to lose anyone else, and the very thought of it is just killing me right now.

To keep this /cgl/ related, I've been going to cons for almost two years now, and out of all of that time, I've only truly made a few friends. I'm probably just not a good enough friend or person to people, like... I sometimes find myself questioning the value or worth of my... existence, I guess. If it's good enough for me, or for anyone.

I'm feeling pretty terrible about this.

>> No.7700818

>>7700471
I'll check but I don't want to bug her too much for the reasons that the other anon said. I'll probably wait and if someone grabs it before then, it wasn't meant to be.

>> No.7700821

>>7700811
agreeing here.
Anon, it sounds like he was planning to break it off. Stop with the guilt. Shine on sister girl and find yourself a man.

>> No.7700830

>>7700795
Five months is pretty long. Time for you to find happiness for yourself.

>> No.7700884

>>7700811
>>7700821
Yeah, I mean even I could see it was probably one-sided and childish at best
I guess I just wanted to send him off with some better memories

>>7700830
aah thank you, I'm just worried about rushing into things

>> No.7700885

>>7700812
On a similar boat. Don't really have friends. Have a few online buddies. And only talk to one old friend on a regular basis, that friend is a few hours away. Only friend I had, who's friendship I valued a lot, stopped talking to me a couple of months ago. Felt so alone for most of this year.
He'll, I'm already here.
>new year
>immediately starts with stress.
>have to aim a rifle at my meth head uncle tweaking out after he attacked me then gets a knife and struggles with my father. Luckily he listened to me and dropped it.
>Then this friend's parent dies. I help out best I can emotionally, run a couple errands for them.
>his funeral hits me really hard for some reason. Only met the guy a couple times but it hit me really badly. That night I get in a bad solo crash. lose control, Truck rolls a few times, hit face of a mountain head on twice, hit rail keeping me from falling off mountain. Airbags fail to deploy, seatbelt receptacle was chewed off by dog so didn't have a real seatbelt.
>walk away with only bruises and scratches somehow.
>my mind is a wreck for a couple months after that.
>this friend causes me a lot of stress, then stops talking to me.
>a shit load of small things add up to make me feel like I'm going insane.
Still feels like this year should be in early spring for me.
This whole year has been shit. But the good is that I've lost like 60 lbs and back to being strong and looking alright. And nothing bad has really happened these last couple months, nothing great but nothing bad. Start school again this fall while working full time.

>> No.7700906

I have struggled to sort out my romantic orientation as their was no proper label for me. I started out saying I was gay and sometimes still do out of ease irl and then I began saying I was homoromantic demisexual. I encountered some technical issues with that seeing as for the most part I was attracted to men (not so much masculinity or trans masc non binaries) but then homo wouldn’t work because it means same gender and by saying I’m homoromantic I would thus misgender myself or convey I only date androgynes. The next can of worms was attraction outside the binary some people I could see myself dating or find attractive and they much like myself are a gender outside the binary like if the right androgyne came along I could date them. I’ve even had mild sauce crushes on some agenders and so I was like well damn what does that make me? Biromantic never felt right for me and polyromantic seemed okay but it almost seemed like I was attracted to more than I was and well panromantic is a flat lie since I have no attraction of any sexual or romantic variety toward women (especially cis women(which isn’t my way of shitting on women but media and life have surrounded me in cis women and never once have I even remotely even contemplated attraction to a cis woman))
cont.

>> No.7700909

>>7700906
so I then stumbled upon androromantic and well androsexual (along with gyno romantic/sexual but again I don’t like women soooo that one was no help to me) which kind of works seeing as it is having attraction to guys. The problem though is apparently some people use andro and gyno as a sly way of saying they only date cis males or females which is cissexist and shitty also even if that were okay it isn’t totally true for me I really don’t have an objection to dating a trans guy I just haven’t met one I’ve been attracted to yet (don’t worry I only personally know three trans guys so who knows if one sweeps me off my feet *pukes on arbitrary phrase*) so if you aren’t confused yet I will make it worse. The more I explore my gender and with it face mistreatment and discrimination in the dating field it kind of makes me hate boys and almost never date cis men because they constantly misgender me and try to change me, also even the male privilege that all men (trans men included) get just irks me and makes me angry and bitter (great way to keep a relationship strong right?). Oh and also i have these periods where i am completely an ace and fully aromantic so much so i cant fully fath why people bother dating when you could sleep wear comfy clothes and do whatevs you like also netflix. So basically in the end my attraction is a clusterfuck enigma that I don’t fully understand which is why I gave up on finding a label. I just made my own damn label. I am an enigromantic which means just that. Your attraction is a deep and confusing enigma that you can only really go with what you feel. I’m going to post a better definition with my babbling story cut off next so stay tuned

>> No.7700916

>>7700909
Can you not

>> No.7700919

>>7700906
>>7700909

I think you missed the "It came from tumblr..." thread.

>> No.7700923

>>7700909

Not one person here cares.

>> No.7700926

>>7700906
>>7700909
Please be bait, please be bait.

>> No.7700932

>>7700676
32DD actually.

short and busty sucks for cosplay

> mfw all tiny moe characters are flat chested

>> No.7700938

>>7700932
32DD isn't very descriptive, anon.

I'm technically a D cup but I have next to no boob at all.

>> No.7700941

>>7700938
seeing as I complained about flat chested characters, that should indicate enough

>> No.7700957

>>7700909
I don't understand why you need to label it and also why you don't just go with "queer"?

>> No.7700963
File: 485 KB, 500x259, huh.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7700909

What on earth.

>> No.7701010

>tfw you will never be approached by the gril at a con

>> No.7701102

>$3k in debt.. worried.. get my payments deferred until next year.. phew that's okay
>boyfriend is moving to the states with me in about 6 months
>oh, if we both work it'll be totally okay and we won't have to live with my mom! minimum wage is high enough for us to afford a nice apartment!
>like to shop around for apartments, look at prices and location and whatever
>check credit karma to see credit score

>credit card my dad put me on to help with credit went $2k in the hole after he kicked me out and he got arrested
>reporting on my credit

>tfw 540 credit score
>terrified I won't be able to rent because of my dad

>probably not going to get to go to cons AGAIN next year
>depressed as fuck

>> No.7701112

>>7700622
You don't just magically get not-soft as a female. You have to put in some serious effort to reach that point.

>> No.7701122

>>7699294
>tfw never been kissed adult because you're afraid you'll suck and it'll be obvious and you'll get judged
It's like a full circle and I'm too scared to tell anyone b/c they'll think something is wrong with me when I'm really just scared shitless of being bad at it ;_; I've turned down relationships I really wanted to get into b/c they'd know how inexperienced I am

>> No.7701124

>>7700906
>>7700909
I don't understand what any of that means.
But I saw the word homo a few times, so I've successfully deduced that you are:

Gay.

Congratulations!

>> No.7701126

>>7700666
I've been in that situation and I was the new gf.
Worst part is, no one told me until after the convention.

>> No.7701128

>>7701122
Don't worry, everyone sucks at it when they start.

It's never very fun anyway, and it's worth far more just to kiss people on the lips.

>> No.7701139
File: 1.86 MB, 400x308, image:8.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>See dream item on LM
>Several other girls have already bid on it when the starting price was really low
>Why would you drive up the price of a dress in an auction that isn't anywhere near ending?
>It doesn't make any fucking sense

Goddamnit. I'm really just bitter the auction is going to end up too expensive for me. Boohoo.

>> No.7701142

>>7699563
Don't worry, you're a woman. You're not built for empathy, you'll be happier if you just accept the fact that you're a narcissistic sociopath and fake your empathy like all the others do.

>> No.7701151

>>7701122
Hire a hooker and get over your fear of intimacy. Seriously, it's your best choice if you're a kissless virgin adult.

>> No.7701174

>>7701122
That's silly anon. You're building it up to be something much more than it is. You'll only get better with practice, but anyone worth a damn isn't going to give a shit if you can kiss well/sex well or not. They'll like you for you and want to help you through the journey.

>> No.7701229

>>7701151
thought about it but that seems nasty
>>7701174
thankyou sweet anon
its just, especially with people i dont know i get particularly self-conscious about it. at a con i was talking to a guy cosplaying from the same series who hinted he wanted to hookup and i laughed it off as a joke and basically ran away
im so pathetic jfc

>> No.7701239

>>7701229
It's ok if you're a girl. Only virgin males are viewed as scum.

>> No.7701288
File: 68 KB, 300x275, 1402089814160.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw social anxiety, especially on the phone
My older (half) sister just called me to talk about stuff, and I basically froze up and giggled like an idiot every 3 seconds to fill uncomfortable space.
I can't even talk to people or make friends. I just want to live in a cave all alone forever. This is too painful.

>> No.7701297

>>7701288
Car crash anon from above, I have always hated talking on a phone. Always end up not talking unless I must answer a question. Tell the half sis to just text of Skype or talk in person because you don't like talking over the phone. My whole family knows I don't talk over the phone so we text instead.

>> No.7701298
File: 892 KB, 3000x3000, 1401104822210.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw got into anime and jap culture way too late
>got into it in my senior year of high school
>hide the shit out of my power level
>start attending cons and thinking of cosplaying
>don't know anyone irl except for maybe 1-2 people but they're not always down to do so
>in college now and I've been to two cons
>noticed people have much more fun cosplaying
>tfw no one to cosplay with because I've always disguised my power level
>most of the cosplayers around the con have their own little groups
>be 21 feel like I got interested in this way too late
>tfw no friends who share the same interests as me or don't know where to look

>> No.7701304

>>7701298
>see if your local con has a forum
> see if anyone is doing a group cosplay/enquire about group cosplay interest.
>get on that shit.
taa daa

>> No.7701320

>>7701304
Different anon haven't tried cosplay yet, but so far my city isn't looking too good.

>Larp's primary demographic is testosterone fueled deathmatchers. Still worth going to, can tolerate those I hang with but not friends with many.
>Uni's anime and vidya clubs have too many sweaty weebs who proudly boast kickstarting that ecchi nazi card game. I'd go on but that's all i really need to say.

>> No.7701326

>>7701174
This
>>7701229
Con hookups probably aren't a good idea if you're inexperienced and insecure, but don't be afraid of actual relationships. Like anon said, anyone who thinks less of you for being inexperienced isn't worth being in a relationship with anyway. Keep on being your awesome self and meet new people, and eventually you'll meet someone who loves you for who you are and doesn't care how many times you've sucked face in the past.

This goes for guys too. My boyfriend was a 26-year-old unkissed virgin when we met and honestly it just feels extra special knowing I'm his first everything.

>> No.7701330

>>7701124
Could you just fucking leave? You're not funny or helpful at all.

>> No.7701335

>>7701330
He's a shitty unwelcomed /adv/ fag. No one likes him. He can't take the hint.

>> No.7701341 [DELETED] 

Sorry, everyone.

** YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY LE PELICAN! ** post this in 3 threads or you will be fucking kiIIed

░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄
░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐██████████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄████████████████▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████▀▀▀▀█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▄▀░▀██▀▀▀▄▄▄▀█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░░██▌
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀

>> No.7701342
File: 17 KB, 471x431, 1398417338111.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7701341

>> No.7701346

"Cutting and your suicidal yearns pisses me off and I will leave you."
I feel like my boyfriend doesn't understand how that makes me even more depressed, even though I've tried to explain. I don't have anyone else to talk about my depression and he doesn't believe that I am, just "mood swings" or other bullshit like that.
I'm worried because I cut last night before he said that I don't know how to hide it from him.

>> No.7701347

>>7701341
You must be 18 or over to use this website.

>> No.7701403

>>7701346
Are you seeing a professional about this yet?
Of course your boyfriend isn't obligated to stay with you because you're depressed but he's being an asshole about it. Are you sure you wouldn't be better off without him? Do you have other close friends or family who are more understanding?

>> No.7701448

>>7700784
Her relisting it isnt her changing her mind. You can just buy it now you know?

>>7700795
Eh, you were barely in a relationship, and you have been single for twice as long as you were together. So move on.

>> No.7701455

>>7701346
There's a lot of stigma around depression, especially cutting, that people think it's always for attention(tumblrshits aren't helping either) I had a similar problem, only I don't cut.

If he's not being understanding though he might just be afraid or stressed out over it. How long have you been with him? Do you want to exchange emails or skype? I'm unemployed right now and can talk about my experiences with you, and just give you someone to talk to if you like. It's really hard if you don't have a stable support system from family and friends.

>> No.7701463

>>7700411
>>7700618
T-Thanks anons you are qt patooties

>> No.7701469
File: 29 KB, 500x281, 1401340338396.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7701288
Anon are you me? I feel so fuckign awkward even when i talk to someone online

>> No.7701471

>>7701346
I'm depressed, self-injure, and have no real will to live, but at the same time I've been on the receiving end of someone constantly pushing their unwillingness to live on me, and their anger as I started to feel pushed away by it.

This isn't to say you're a bad person for feeling what you do. A lot of people don't know how to handle this, and some even feel like they can't love and care about someone who doesn't care about themselves and appear to be on a joyride to death.

There are so many ways to handle this and your boyfriend seems to have picked one of the asshole ways. If his behavior is making you feel worse then it may be better for your mental health to get rid of him.

>> No.7701475
File: 135 KB, 303x323, 1396307837107.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7701341
The cringe thread isn't here go away underage faggot

>> No.7701505

>>7701298
Quit being so beta and stop hiding your power level.
If you like animu that much you shouldn't give to shits about hiding it.

>> No.7701523 [DELETED] 

>>7699422
since I made this post he has not picked up 5 minutes, despite confronting him like >>7699487
once confronted, he started laughing and practically rolled on his tummy because he knows he's right
he fought me about it for 30 minutes, and avoided it for two hours. every time I've brought it up, he's tickled me and bolts.

in the end, it was like dealing with a disobedient child, and arguing with him just cost too much of my energy, and I fell asleep before doing anything.

I told him he best start looking for a job. then made excuses "well, I can't get a job because I can't drive yet."
then I assured him this wouldn't be an issue if he picked up at least 5 minutes (5 fucking minutes) in the room every day.

I'm refusing to cook him meals now, or drive him anywhere until he puts in effort.

if this doesn't work I hope I can find a Q.T. new boyfriend

>> No.7701533

>>7699422
since I made this post he has not picked up 5 minutes, despite confronting him like >>7699487
once confronted, he started laughing and practically rolled on his tummy because he knows i'm right
he fought me about it for 30 minutes, and avoided it for two hours. every time I've brought it up, he's tickled me and bolts.

in the end, it was like dealing with a disobedient child, and arguing with him just cost too much of my energy, and I fell asleep before doing anything.

I told him he best start looking for a job. then made excuses "well, I can't get a job because I can't drive yet."
then I assured him this wouldn't be an issue if he picked up at least 5 minutes (5 fucking minutes) in the room every day.

I'm refusing to cook him meals now, or drive him anywhere until he puts in effort.

if this doesn't work I hope I can find a Q.T. new boyfriend

>> No.7701544

Nanny-chan here,
>Little boy laughs really loud and hard
>Decided to buy children Teen Titans season one
>Have to show them on laptop because I don't know how to put it on tv
>Both children sitting side by side, I'm in the middle
>Boy laughs really hard at one part
>Left ear is only at 70% hearing and boy literally laugh screams in bad ear

I'm in a lot of pain right now. I love them to death but o-ow.

>> No.7701550

>>7701469
>>7701288
To be honest I'm kind of glad other people are like this, I'm pretty shy and introverted but my family acts like I'm an unhappy loser for acting this way. I don't mind being alone and there are a lot of solitary activities I like doing. When I try to interact with other people it's hard for me to keep a conversation going or I just flake out, even with trying to message people online.

>> No.7701551

>>7701544
Can you like... calmly explain to him that he can't do that because it hurts? Ask him to try to be a little more quiet because otherwise you'll be in pain?

That always worked with my sisters, anyways. Explain it it terms that they can understand.

>> No.7701557

>>7701551
I did and he did apologize because he is a sweetheart, but I can't even handle really loud sounds right now and he naturally talks loudly.

And I don't want to tell him no talking but I'm in a lot of pain.

>> No.7701562

>>7701544
you're getting them hooked on the good stuff, good for you.

>> No.7701566

>>7701550
There are a lot of us out there but we don't often meet each other for obvious reasons.

>>7701544
>>7701551
Oh man flashbacks to this kid I used to babysit. He had NO indoor voice and when I asked him to try to be a little less loud (he was actually scaring animals and other children) he started whispering, but it was still like a really loud stage whisper. He literally did not understand that there was an option between screaming and whispering and even when I told him that he didn't have to whisper he kept doing it and his parents eventually scolded me because it was supposedly damaging his voice. Kids, man. I'm terrible with kids.

>> No.7701574

>>7701550
I'm thankful my in-laws are pretty good about my socializing levels. They know after a point I usually need to go to a quieter area. They know how big socializing events can drain my energy and are pretty nice about letting me rest in a quiet area away from the big family parties.

>> No.7701580

>>7701562
Only the good stuff for the kids I take care of haha!

>>7701566
I'm so sorry to hear that, especially with his parents.Parents who think their kids do no wrong are seriously delusional. I'm so glad the children's parents believe me when I tell them important things and the kids themselves are honest to their parents and me. It's a good dynamic they have.
The little boy I take care of is a big sweetheart of a child, like cuddly teddybear sensitive little boy. It's just something we need to work on is all.

>> No.7701591

>>7701580
Aw that sounds adorable.
But yeah I was only like 14 at the time so that put me off babysitting pretty hard. It didn't help that the boy in question was generally troubled (painted his nails with Tipp-ex correction fluid, had no friends and was bullied at school) and was slowly becoming obsessed with me... The parents spent a lot of time away from their kids and refused to acknowledge that this boy was desperately in need of care and attention from someone other than a socially awkward 14-year-old. I wonder what became of him.

>> No.7701647

>>7701550

Isn't this why we are here?

Too awkward to talk with any real identity associated. Otherwise stutter all day long.

>> No.7701654

>>7699422
honestly I would just take a steamy ogre shit in his breakfast plate. Then walk away because he is a nasty cunt.

>> No.7702688

A girl recently contacted me to buy a costume I'd made. She offered me good money for it and I told her I would send it to her but I was moving so she would have to wait until I moved into a new apartment, got everything set up and was able to fix up some things on the costume.
She seemed to agree with that, but then proceeded to drive me CRAZY. E-mailing me 2-3 times a day asking when I could ship the costume, asking the same questions over and over. Today I guess she got it and she's complaining about customs fees. What did she think they would be? I never told her I would mark the package down and she never asked. It was an expensive costume and I told her I'd insure it. How can you not consider customs fees?
She also forgot I was shipping a part separately when I TOLD her I was shipping it separately, and kept asking me if I could break it in half and ship it in the same box. It's a solid clear plastic rod, there is NO WAY it would be broken down and I had to tell her that 3 or 4 different times, but she kept asking. Now she's complaining some part of the costume is uncomfortable, when I already warned her it was uncomfortable. I almost wish I never sold it to her in the first place, it's such a mess.

>> No.7702692

>>7702688
What was the costume. Also do you do commissions?

>> No.7702698

>>7702688
Oh and not to mention, after I told her I DID NOT KNOW when I could ship the costume, she agrees, and says if she can't have it by (date she wanted), she'll wait until the end of the month. Great.
Except as (date she wanted) approaches, she starts freaking out and emailling me multiple times a day asking when I'm shipping it because she really needs it by that date, even though she already said it would be OK if she got it by the end of the month, and I told her in the beginning that I DID NOT KNOW when I could ship it. I didn't even make her pay until I was sure I could ship it.
My email correspondance with her has surpassed 100 messages, just because she keeps emailling and I had to constantly reassure her that yes, I was still moving, even though I told her that in the beginning and told her my communication would be spotty. The other day I told her I would not be able to respond to her during the day because I was starting work, and she still emailled me 3 times before 4pm. OTL

>> No.7702700

>>7702692
It was a Sailor Moon costume.. I probably shouldn't say but it's probably obvious at this point anyway.. I am just so frustrated over this, I needed to vent.
What commission is it? I started taking them but with the new job I don't want to bite off more than I can chew.

>> No.7702713
File: 182 KB, 338x480, Title_irisu[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7702700
Irisu Kyoko, pic related.

I'm far too busy to do the costume by myself, so I wanted to find someone who'd be willing.

>> No.7702715

>>7702713
Yeah, that costume is pretty complicated so I don't think I'd have the time to do it. Good luck though!

>> No.7702753

>>7700661

Hi mom.

>> No.7702788

>>7702753
this girl I know is a 22 yr old zumba instructor with the finest body. i'd fuck her if she wasn't practically family.

zumba works.

>> No.7702794
File: 220 KB, 557x411, 1390533661339.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw met cgl crush today to give her part of her taobao order

shit Voldie is so cute in person. Am infinitely jelly of her eyes and her kawaii ass haircut.

>> No.7702799

>>7702794
bait/10

>> No.7702804

>>7702794
are you the anon in the taobao thread with the huge haul?
Am infinitely jealous of your haul.

>> No.7702806

>>7702794
>voldie selfposts someone crushing on her when in reality she simply went to the post office and got the mail.

>> No.7702813

>>7702804
Yeah, I am! I built that order over the course of like 4 months so I ended up buying a lot of shit
>tfw can't stop buying new things while waiting for other items to arrive at SS

>> No.7702821

>>7702806
>tfw voldie has a bf and I don't
>tfw he's punching above his weight

>> No.7702919
File: 1.67 MB, 282x199, shame cube gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have to write paper for college
>signed up for paper in July
>paper due to October
>have to get a topic until August 1st
>need to discuss topic with prof
>too lazy to go there after class when 10+ standing there, jut gonna send an email

>write e-mail today to prof today asking for an appointment to discuss topic
>"Sorry Anon, did you not pay attention in class? I'll be on vacation until August 21th."
>mfw

So embarrassed right know, because I did not know she was already away, and now I have no fucking clue what to do and I also look like a fool for not having discussed a topic already. I-i just want to lay down and cry; why do I fail at being an adutl so much? ;_;
Also cgl-related

>stress due to papers/exams
>haven't really studied
>exam in 10 hours, stressed out
>buy dress on a whim, immediatley regret it

Fuck. I should not be brwosing LM or any sites under the given circumstances.

>> No.7702943

>>7702919
that's student's life for you :^)

Also, what's your major?

>> No.7702948

>>7702943
>that's student's life for you :^)

Nobody prepared me for this ;_;
Oh well, I am going to write my prof another e mail and see if I can hand the paper in a little later. At least now I have more time to think about what I am actually going to chose as a topic because I have no idea...

>Also, what's your major?
German. I have to write a paper on medival German literature.

>> No.7702955

>>7702948
>>German. I have to write a paper on medival German literature.
Goddamn, that's not even STEM.
I could understand if it was GLORIOUS STEM, but German?
Come on anon, you can do a better performance.
>Nobody prepared me for this ;_;
Doesn't your college gives you preparatory courses before facing ~hard~ signatures or how stuff''s gonna be?

>> No.7702969
File: 158 KB, 750x645, nitrotech-hardcore-pro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7702788
>Zumba shill plz go

I bet you believe Jay Cutler is huge because he takes Nitro Tech too right?

>> No.7702971

>>7702955
>Goddamn, that's not even STEM.
>I could understand if it was GLORIOUS STEM, but German?
>Come on anon, you can do a better performance.

It's not the paper that's the really hard work, I just failed at planing ahead and being in time (although it's not my fault my prof is away - and we had to sign up for the paper already; there was no choice to delay it).

>Doesn't your college gives you preparatory courses before facing ~hard~ signatures or how stuff''s gonna be?

Nope, not really. It was more like "Well, you're here now... Good luck o finding out how stuff works. See ya. Oh also, everything you learned in school was kinda useless, so please forget about it immediately."
I had a small tutorial but otherwise... No. As I've said, it's also my fault too. It was so easy in school where everything was served on a plate and you just had to do what you were told to do... It's my first year at Uni and my first papers / exams all at once and I felt a little overhelmed.

>> No.7702985

>>7702971
Damn that sounds like a shitty school.
Good luck m8, best wishes.

>> No.7703017

>>7702969
The seagull wants to maintain her soft appearance, not get fucking muscles. Oh, I forgot. Only girls that lift weights have good bodies. Fuck off and beat it to your muscular women.

>> No.7703034

>>7703017
>thinking youll get ripped by lifting weights
lol

>> No.7703041

>>7703034
>admitting to being a lard ass
>b-but muh bulk!

>> No.7703078

>>7703041
? what are you talking about? I'm not the anon you've been talking to.

Anyway, you wont get all bulky from lifting weights for 30 min 2x-3x a week. Thats a myth that's debunked countless times.

>> No.7703118
File: 64 KB, 500x449, 1404356603118.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>eBay backpack broke
>why in the fuck did I expect thin pleatherstraps to hold
>tfw I want to get a sturdy replacement
>mfw I can't because I promised myself to not spend any money on frivolous stuff
>have to deal with open tote bag

>> No.7703391
File: 44 KB, 980x335, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I fucking hate international buyers.

Someone messaged me, asking if I could make an exception and ship to Mexico. I told her sure, but she'd have to pay the difference in shipping, and it's expensive as hell. It's a whole set she wanted to buy, dress, bow, blouse.

The total for shipping would be $50-$60.

She sends me a USPS screencap with a fucking DVD box highlighted saying, "No, look, it's only $20!"

CAN. YOU. READ. I can't fit an entire set into a fucking DVD box you dense bitch. I only ship to my country for a fucking reason.

I don't even know how to respond to her because she was a snarky bitch when she sent me the picture. I can't paint myself as an asshole, but fuck.

>> No.7703406
File: 222 KB, 280x280, whywouldyousaythat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Having a yard sale soon, decide to reorganize and clean out some totes I have store outside(We're in a back house and the front house won't let us store anything in the garage)
>All the totes have lids on them, they're usually covered by a tarp when we have bad weather so the content stays dry and safe.
>Open up the bottom one that contains one of my largest ballgown costumes.
>condensed water on inside of lid
>Wait.. water?
>Tote is FILLED with water. Somehow rain water got inside and the dress has been soaking in gross rain water for months.
>mfw
>By some miracle, the dress itself is okay. It's smells like dirty old water, but there's no mold or staining on it. Only thing that has some noticeable staining on it is the petticoat because it was on the very top and wasn't submerged under all the water.

and the thing is all the other totes of stuff I had outside were dry. That was the only one full of water. It's a miracle the dress wasn't completely ruined. But now I'm gonna have to give it a good cleaning to get rid of the odor. On the plus side, I wanted to fix up the dress anyway and improve it anyway.

>> No.7703440

>>7700932
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ME
5'0" 34DD. my bust is 38" and my ribcage is like 30" or 31".
any little bit of weight gain shows terribly on my short-ass frame. I want to cosplay kawaii pettanko moe girls but I'd probably have to get a reduction to do it because my boobs haven't been anything below a C cup/36" since high school.

>> No.7703451

>Look at groups for Otakon this year
>See there is a LGBT meet up

Really?
I thought everyone at the convention were pretty much excepting of the gay community?
For a group of people who wants equality in this world they sure as fuck always want to be separated in their own little group

>> No.7703457

>>7703451
Welcome to Tumblr.

Though it's really no different than a lolita meetup or whatever. A group of people with something in common getting together to hang out.

>> No.7703462

>>7703391
Reply to her as if you would reply to a child. For each of the flat rate boxes, associate their size with a common item. Say like ..
"Small Flat Rate box, is 8 x 5 x 1 inch, meaning it will only hold a couple of wallets"

"DVD flat rate box only holds DVD cases and small thin flat items"

"Large Video Flat Rate box will hold 2-3 folded small t-shirts and not much more"

They are mexicans, you need to spell this out very easy for them. This is why my Etsy and Ebay block their purchases.

>> No.7703469

>>7703462
It's actually ON ebay. I have everything set and specifically state that I ship US only, but apparently she thinks she's special, and I should use half of the fucking cost of the dress to ship to her because she got other shipping from the US for only $20!!11!

>> No.7703479

>bored and need to procrastinate
>check out an archived thread about a con in my area
>holy shit the drama
>holy shit the lolcow is at it again
>posting tumblr SJW uniroinically to 4chan
>blaming everyone for inherent problems they have interacting with other people
>then turning around and limply trying to spread rumors about other people
>wat.jpg

Like... why?

>> No.7703531

>>7703391
>not shipping first class

>> No.7703533

>>7703391
>using a medium flat rate box
Are you stupid? Ship it in a normal box, it's at least $20 less. Flat rate boxes are for suckers and newfags.

>> No.7703538

>>7703469
Block her

>> No.7703541

>>7703469
I'd say just don't reply to her messages any more. If someone tries to start a transaction in such a stupid way then you know they're going to be a problem buyer all the way down. Let the dress go to someone else who understands packaging dimensions - lord knows that even if you got the dress out to this girl she'd probably have a whinge about it being missing or customs fees or damages or stains or whatever else.

>> No.7703611
File: 126 KB, 943x265, a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7703391

>> No.7703659

>>7703611
Express is the only way I ship international since it covers all of paypal's tos (tracked, insured, add on sign on delivery). diff anon, but I don't know what first class has in terms of tracking.

>> No.7703664

>>7703533
Flat rate boxes are only useful when the item you're shipping is heavy. All other times it's cheaper to use a normal box.

>> No.7703672
File: 58 KB, 500x300, 8.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7702794
mfw I saw you irl

>>7702821
Aww anon, keep looking, there's someone out there for you! I mean, if I can get a bf you can too. Though please don't date someone just to have a boyfriend, that wouldn't end well

>>7702806
lol

also
>mfw my taobao order came in and I love everything

>> No.7703675

>>7702806
Nope, it's some other tripfag who made that post

>> No.7703680

>>7703659
That's why you convince them to pay with gift payment. It's easier than you'd think. I got a girl to send me $400 gift payment the other day and right after she did it she sent me a message on ebay saying "please don't scam me, I got scammed this way before"

>> No.7703685

>>7703675
No, I've ever tripped before.

>> No.7703699

>>7703659
If you want tracking with first class mail it's called registered mail. It's not on that chart. You have to ask the post office.

>> No.7703761

>>7703391

The US has some cheap ass and efficient shipping, take advantage of it. Ship in bubble envelopes and just put the item in a water proof bag. I always double check with buyers if they're okay with this method or if they want more expensive shipping. First class with tracking or insurance. I've mailed a package internationally that was over 1KG and it cost $50, compared to the $50 you're asking this girl for what will be a light package and doesn't need to go in a box.

Usually I assume US sellers who don't want to ship international just had a bad experience and are scarred for life but otherwise it seems silly not to ship international because of cost... but I guess a lot of people don't know how the post office works.

Now I live in Europe and everything mail related sucks, tiny bubble envelope abroad? Minimum $25. I know the same costed me around $6 before ;_ ;

>> No.7703778

>>7703699
There's gotta be some difference between the two. I guess Express is just quicker.

I remember asking them about Registered before and they told me it didn't have tracking, but my post office people are so fucking dumb I'm sure they just don't know. Always easier for me to not confuse them and just go with flat rate envelopes and boxes and the international shipping I always use. I'm not paying for it anyway, so not a huge deal.

>> No.7703783

>>7703457
>A group of people with something in common getting together to hang out.

You mean setting up an con after hours orgy

>> No.7703785

>>7699648
>mfw my first cat was my best friend throughout my childhood
>so sweet that she didn't even scratch an evil toddler that ripped out 3 of her whiskers
>died at age 18
>I was 14
>parents refused to get another cat
>4 years of cat love deprivation later, full-blown cat lady
i know this feel

>> No.7703808

>>7699648
>be me
>see little children
>They are so annoying
>see babies
>keep those hideous stinky little trolls away from me
>see cats : OMG those furry angels are so cute I want to cry

I guess I'm part of the crazy cat lady club

>> No.7703826

>>7703808
>be me
>see little children
>Most of them are damn annoying
>see babies
>cute, as long as you don't have to wake up at 4AM because your baby is crying for no reason

>see cats: Cute unless they approach me and I come closer than three feets and they shed their hair and might scratch me and I have to clean after them because ewww
>see dogs: Cute unless they approach me and leave all their disgusting hair and smell or worse, drool over me and the thought of cleaning up dog poo makes me want to puke

I guess I will REALLY die alone. I don't even like dogs OR cats.

>> No.7703828

>>7703685
Siggy pls

>> No.7703832
File: 19 KB, 200x200, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7699648
>>7703785
>>7703808
>find out new coworker is just as crazy a cat lady as me.
>keep buying cat related things and going to work like, "omg my new cat this"
>buy new cat harnesses at the same time.
>plans to get decked out in all our cat related stuff and take our cats for a walk together and be the most absolute insane cat ladies for a day.
>mfw

>>7703826
My cat drools all over me a lot. She's defective.

>> No.7703834

i'm feeling awful oh god

>be me
>trans (mtf) cosplayer, tanned skin, not particularly attractive but not ugly either
>have quite a few cosplay friends, used to hang out with them all the time at cons
>mostly cis girls, totally coo'
>every one of them is getting really popular on facebook and such (two of them actually get posted here often, but not always in a positive light)
>haven't been able to hang out with any of them at conventions due to them having new friend circles with other popular cosplayers
>feel inferior because i'm not as cute as any of them and i honestly can't sew for the life of me, nor do i have the money to buy a sewing machine or start making worbla armor for more ambitious cosplays (i'm better at prop-making than i am at sewing) and my best cosplays were given to me as gifts, one as a birthday gift and one because my friend was retiring it

life man. life.

>> No.7703883

>>7703834
>mtf
>tan
Tumblr would probably worship you.

>> No.7703886

Bunch of whiny feels
> need to buy new bras
> put lolita JSK for sale
> tfw no one shows interest

> tfw you have 3 projects you need/want to do but can't do them all at once and your personal time when you get home is about 3 hours (in which you also need to do house hold chores)

Ugh.

>> No.7703891

>>7703883

one of my cosplays actually did gain traction on tumblr even though it was just a series of selfies (since i'm too broke to book a professional cosplayer) and it was a relatively unfinished cosplay and i don't think i even fit the part for the character as much as i love them.

tumblr's a silly place.

>> No.7703894

>>7703440
Could be that you're wearing the wrong bra size. I used to feel my tits were huge until I got professionally measured(i.e not Victoria's Secret) and found out I was about a 30E (32F with smaller running brands). >>7702919

>> No.7703898
File: 14 KB, 350x266, 10294375_10152417356712813_4964211250934707993_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw shitty below average coords, landwhales and girls who can't color match for shit get so many likes and all these comments, my nicely put together outfit gets significantly less
My coordinates aren't perfect but holy shit the amount of asspats that are given on CoF is fucking ridiculous.

>> No.7703900

>>7703898
I'd like your pictures. And even comment how pretty you look and how well put together your outfit is anon. It's okay. You don't need them, you have us.

>> No.7703913

>>7703900
Thanks anon, that's really sweet of you to say. I should stay away from fb, it just makes me angry.

>> No.7703918
File: 1.18 MB, 209x180, image:5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Local convention announces that vendors from one of my favorite J-Fashion brands and another popular Lolita brand are coming
>Save up money all summer
>Go to convention
>There's... not much I want. And stuff I want sells out before Saturday, when I normally buy things. AND I sell some things at a swap meet.
>Flush with cash afterwards.
>Everything went better than expected.jpg

So now I'm going to spend my money on moar clothes elsewhere~

>> No.7703922

>>7703898
Maybe it's because you're such a vindictive, easily angered person that people don't favor you enough to worship your coords even if they're bad
Just a thought

>> No.7703926

I've had severe depression all summer so I never really finished my cosplay... and I have a con this weekend. It's like I want to kill myself.

>> No.7703931

>>7703926
you don't need to have a cosplay finished to have fun at a con, anon! if you really need to, try to re-use an old one or ask a friend with similar measurements if you can borrow theirs?

do whatever you're comfortable with but try to put your mental health first! <3

>> No.7703933

>>7703922
I don't think so.
I'm quite a calm person and i am generally as nice as possible.
I'm not looking for "worship" or anything like that. I just hate seeing all of these shitty outfits and compliments out the ass.
I'm a lone lolita, i have no one to share my passion with and it would just be nice for someone to say that they like my outfit or acknowledge my existence. I don't even get con-crit 99% of the time. I'm stupid for wanting to be liked and accepted by others i know, but it's just how i feel.

>> No.7703937

>>7703933
In that case anon, I know that feel. At least you have /cgl/

>> No.7703941

>>7703913
>>7703933
I got rid of my fb a long time ago, never liked it that much and barely talked to people I knew on it. If you don't use it much and just get upset from going on id suggest getting rid of it. I'm not even a Lolita, just a guy that loves seeing girls in that fashion, but I can see why that situation would frustrating.

>> No.7703977

>>7699422

Dump him. He's being an ass and he won't stop even after you do all the work and pay for his living expenses, because to him that'll be prove that his strategy works.

>> No.7703994
File: 218 KB, 720x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

why the fuck is there people out there that label or tag lolita/jfash/steampunk/fairyshit as cosplay?? I go through my local con tag and I see shit like pic related tagged as cosplay. I'm fucking mad.

>> No.7704000

>>7703977
You construe him as some abusive, parasitic asshole when in reality it just sounds like he's a lazy motherfuck. And to me that's no reason yet to dump him. He could be otherwise the sweetest perso0n on earth, at least until OP gives additional info.

It just rustles my gorillas that whenever a girl complains about her bf, all the other girls immediatly recommend "dump him! he's just using you" because they think he's some monster, even though the girl herself never even intended to escalate it that much.

>> No.7704003
File: 19 KB, 500x350, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>talk a little to qt3.14 gril at local convention
>decide to message her on Facebook to maybe be friends
>we have a lot on common
>going to same UNI, same major, same clubs
>she says we should meet up during next years convention
>eventually she starts acting more distant
>I figure that she doesn't like me
>eventually stop talking to her out of sincereness
>one year later
>convention is this weekend
>we haven't talked since around January
>mfw she could be reading this right now

>> No.7704026

>>7704003
Anon, I honestly see no issue in you asking her if she wants to meet this weekend. I only see a problem if you ask, she doesn't reply/says no and you insist. But otherwise, she might actually be pleased.

>> No.7704064
File: 394 KB, 791x600, db7c5544cf2ad164f1238932a4b6b81d[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>get a new anime fig
>nendo, my favorite kind
>boyfriend standing on wobbly table because his short self can't reach the light
>he falls on the table
>directly on nendo
>he's clearly in a lot of pain
>I tend and cater to the nendo while scolding him the entire time

after my nendo was put together, I did apologize.
can any other fig collecters relate, or am I horrible?

>> No.7704077

>>7704000
Not that anon but
>I deal with your emotional damage, so I should do less work around the house
is a really fucked up thing to say, even to someone who is mentally healthy. He's saying that he shouldn't have to do normal adult things because his girlfriend is so broken that just putting up with her is a chore. If my boyfriend said something like that I wouldn't immediately dump him but I'd definitely sit him down for a talk and if he didn't understand why that sort of thing is fucked up I'd seriously reconsider wanting him in my life.

>> No.7704086

>>7703808
Well said anon. Cats are the perfect "kids", infact i'm easily annoyed by little kids especially when they are poopy crying babies, eww.

>> No.7704089

>>7704000
>You construe him as some abusive, parasitic asshole when in reality it just sounds like he's a lazy motherfuck.

Look, expecting women to do all the work at home for less than a thanks is within the range of things men can demand without being considered particularily cuntish or abusive, that's just how things work, but putting the blame for that in her camp is a clear asshole move. The guy doesn't sound like somebody who's ever going to stop trying to get out of doing chores by guilt-tripping his partner.

He really isn't being a monster, but he acts like he's in a schoolyard and he has got to enforce gender roles on the pain of his friends being dicks to him.

>> No.7704090

>>7704064
Honestly it doesn't really matter about the nendo he should have used a fucking stepladder or something. But yes I do relate.

>> No.7704176

>tfw friend decides to plan companion cosplay to yours, his first cosplay, having a lot of fun planning it, etc
>tfw you've worn the same cosplay (with alterations) to the last 2 otakons and don't want to be "that girl" but at the same time cosplaying with your friend will be fun
>just gotta swallow my pride...

>> No.7704189

Just paid for my Innocent World Kera Lucky pack.
Super pumped I never order New Brand. I am really hoping to get one good dress, a bolero and lots and lots of socks.

>> No.7704211

>>7703832
>planning to move out with BF soon
>planning to buy a beautiful Russian Blue kitten like mine here at my parents home
>already buying qt collars and harnesses so I can leash train him/her
>already picking names
>already buying qt sweaters and shit for winter

Cats are children. Children are just filthy animals.

I want a female so I can buy that tiny seifuku for her, but they're so much more expensive to get spayed and so much more can go wrong. My youngest cat got an infection and nearly died after we had her to get spayed. I'm so paranoid about it happening again.

Also

>tfw you want to learn to knit so you can make adorable kitten sweaters

>> No.7704213

>>7703886
This feel.

>suddenly, bills
>need like $200
>try to sell off some sets, wigs, etc.
>shit that usually would be snatched up
>fucking nobody wants it all of a sudden

maybe it's because it's summer and everyone's going on vacations and shit?

>> No.7704219

>>7704064
>want to buy a fig
>find the perfect one
>it's been sold out since 2003
>I can't find it, or any of the character that I don't hate, anywhere else.

>> No.7704221

>>7704176
Literally nobody cares that you wore the costume before unless you're fucking Yaya or Jnigger, and even then, people don't /actually/ care.

>> No.7704271

>>7704211
>2014
>wanting a purebred cat for no reason
>not adopting one of the countless stray cats who need a home

>> No.7704318

>>7704271
>wanting a stray cat

ayy lmao fuck off rich niggas here buy pure breeds

>> No.7704321

>>7704271
Oh, I plan on adopting as well, but I have a special place in my heart for Russian Blues. We're getting at least two cats. The BF wants a sphynx, but fuck paying $2000 for a cat. I can find a Russian Blue for $100, since I know a breeder nearby. I intend on adopting elderly cats from the humane society so they're not put down just for being old.

>> No.7704358

>>7704271
>not getting second hand purebred
>not getting animals off the side of the road for free

>> No.7704505

>>7701533
>"well, I can't get a job because I can't drive yet."
jesus, how old are you? This reeks of "we're 15 and it's ~tru luv~ even though we've only known each other 2 months and there are all these red flags, lol"
You're an idiot. Can you imagine having a kid with this guy? You'd be working 50 hours a week, only to come home to him passed out and your child would be wailing and dragging around a diaper full of poo, crawling around and eating random objects because the lazy anotherfucker couldn't be bothered to feed it or anything. Kick him to the curb. DTMFA. He's a lazy manchild. Breaking up with him is probably the best for him too (oh who am I kidding, there are plenty of stupid women that don't mind being slaves to men so he will probably find some other dumpy housewife to do everything for him)
And if you do break up with him, call his mom and give that colossal idiot a piece of your mind. 99% of the time that's where this problem starts, retarded women who think their poor little pampered asswipe is too manly to pick up a fucking dishrag.

>> No.7704520

I just met a girl on my way out of stop and shop who was wearing J fashion. I have literally never seen anyone where I live with interests in what I like too. So yeah happy feel.

>> No.7704552

>all those qt items I want and need
>still on unpaid vacation

I was supposed to go back this monday but my part got postponed and I'm still waiting for a call. I am enjoying the free time for sure, but damn, I'd enjoy being able to actually spend money far more right now.

>> No.7704556

>>7701533
>every time I've brought it up, he's tickled me and bolts.
> "well, I can't get a job because I can't drive yet."
>he started laughing and practically rolled on his tummy because he knows i'm right

Underage b&

>> No.7704570
File: 91 KB, 250x333, 19946_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finally lost freshman 15 i gained during second semester of uni
>going on BC to clear up acne
>have one month left of summer before I can go back to school and the bf
>just bought Sugary Carnival which I never thought I'd get
Feels so damn good. I can't wait to go back to classes (I've missed all my friends, bf, my job there, basically everything) but at least this last part of summer has worked out really well.

>> No.7704576

Getting first coord set up. Krad Lanrete lost in sea ( I know Im an idiot). Get blouse finally today. It's cream and not white. Thanks infanta.

>> No.7704592

>>7704576
too sad to greentext. sorry

>> No.7704608
File: 999 KB, 160x160, w20Q2sY.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no qt3.14 lolita bff

But then
>finally meeting boyfriend's sister
>super excited because according to him, she's into lolita too
>potential lolita friend omg yay I don't have to be alone anymore
>never seen a picture of her in lolita, just casual clothes and nerdy t-shirts, she’s overweight but who cares LOLITA FRIEND YAY
>wear lots of IW that day, toned down lolita-wise but still cute as hell
>when I meet her she’s in casual clothes, nbd we’re only going out for coffee
>”so I heard from [boyfriend] that you were into lolita fashion” she says
>”yeah, I’m actually-“
>” I’m wearing it right now, see!”
>mfw she’s wearing a Dr. Who t-shirt, plain black circle skirt, striped socks and converse, plus frizzy hair and no makeup whatsoever
>”I bought the skirt at H&M and it still needs to have lace sewn onto the hem to be truly loli, but it’s wide so it counts”
>mfw it would never have the right shape or even fit a petticoat
>”your outfit kind of looks like it could be lolita too, if it were black. Where did you get that dress?”
>”Innocent World. It’s actually-“
>”never heard of it”

She’s a really nice girl and fun to talk to but when it comes to lolita she’s so clueless it hurts. I tried to nudge her a bit in the direction of second-hand brand sites and offered to lend her one of my Otome no Sewing volumes but she didn’t seem interested. My boyfriend later told me that she is actually really lazy when it comes to grooming herself, like doesn’t shave anywhere not out of principle but because it’s too much effort. I kind of think she’s a lost cause but she seems happy this way.

>tfw still no qt3.14 lolita bff

>> No.7704649

>Be me, 24 year old guy
>Absolutely no sense of fashion
>Want to have stuff to wear that looks cool
>Ah, jeans and plain colored T-shirt, perfect
>Kind of interested in KPOP type clothes but no idea where to get that stuff
I'm forever going to look like a teenager with no money I wish I had a fashion guru to tell me what to wear or at least what to buy

>> No.7704663

>>7704649

are you the type that wants to dress but and get pounded? :3

>> No.7704664

>>7704663
up*

>> No.7704669

>>7704649

It isn't hard.

Step 1: be super skinny or else forget kpop style.
Step 2: find extremely tight / well fitting clothes, just look at what you see others wearing and look for something similar. The trick is layering, even during the summer. Yes it gets hot.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: profit.

>> No.7704672

>see dress on auction for cheap
>bid on it because it's pretty cute, mostly because it's cheap so why not?
>dress has been put up and ended with no bids a couple of times already
>not expecting a bid war here, but max still a bit above starting price because that's how I always impulse bid
>start casually throwing together a coord for it
>start to love this coord
>feel like it's one of the best coords I've ever made
>now excited for the dress
>auction ended today
>didn't win
>sniped at the last minute
>feels real bad
If only I had made my max bid higher.

>> No.7704699

>>7704663
Not really, no. I'm in a good relationship but I guess I don't mind if people look.
>>7704669
I'm fucked then. I'm trying to get into better shape but I live in Fl no way in hell am I gonna layer anything and not have heat stroke.

>> No.7704704

>>7704556
You forgot the part where she needs help "cleaning the room", implying its her room or a room they share in their parents or someone else's house

>> No.7704710

>>7701010
Or by the deep fryer. (Sorry I had to.)

>> No.7704717

I finally got a job that pays decently. More than decently, it's twice what I was making before.
I still can't believe it. I'm 26 and I thought I was going to be stuck making a little above minimum wage FOREVER. I still keep adding up all the money and can't believe it. I'm finally going to have extra for all the weeb shit I want and wear lolita properly. I just feel like my life is going to change and it's SUCH a good feeling.
Before, whenever I had an extra $1.5-$2k it was like party time, buying all the stuff I'd been wishlisting for months or years. Now I'm going to have that much extra EVERY MONTH. I still can't believe it.

>> No.7704720

>>7704704
Good point, nice catch, anon.

>> No.7704757

>>7704717
What do you do? I

'm hoping to change from my £20k job with 2 hours commute to a £25k job with 1 hour commute soon, I'm through the first round and have to do a "prerecorded question phone interview" next, which I've never done before. Hoping to get the job I'll love to do, have less journey time and more money in the bank for lolita and travelling.

>> No.7704840

I can't stand one of my friends. Ever since she got together with her boyfriend she's just been a bitch, a mooch and just not a good friend. Don't get me wrong, her boyfriend is actually a cool guy and he's fun to hangout with, but for some reason she changed.

When I get new job
>Hey Anon, can you buy me gas? I don't have enough to make it to work and if I even show up late they'll fire me!

Get new car
>Hey Anon! Want to hang out?
>Pick her up
>I just remembered I need to run errands! Do you mind driving me to go do them?

>Lives in duplex house that her grandmother owns
>Flea infestation on top floor
>moves to bottom floor and doesn't do anything about top floor

She complains about having to "work" 2 jobs on top of "going to school" and yet continuously spends money on stuff she doesn't need and then complains about being poor. I wish the bitch would spend her money on her bills, getting herself food and taking care of her pets, but no! She would rather spend it on cosplay stuff, craft supplies (she's convinced she can make bank by selling crap on etsy) and video games. I don't know if she spends money on it anymore, but I know she's into lolita. I also can't stand being around her for long because she smells like her cat's litter box. You know that smell some people have that alerts you that they live in a dirty, gross house that has too many cats or the litter box never gets cleaned? Yeah, that one.

Worse part of it is, is that I don't have the balls to her she's pissing me off and to get her ass together. Sorry for the long post.

>> No.7704864

>>7704505
There are a surprising number of late teens/early 20 somethings who can't drive for whatever reason. They all tend to be the "live in mom's basement, no motivation" type.

>> No.7704898

>>7704864
Eh, some of them have shit parents and no car/prospect so why bother? I didn't learn to drive until I was 21, and my husband taught me. My mom was way too obnoxious to learn to drive with, and I didn't have a car anyway.

>> No.7704914

Concerning the driving thing, I didn't get my license until right after I turned 21. My mother refused to teach me, my dad tried but he has anxiety problems since he got into a bad accident a few years ago. I eventually refused to let him teach me because there were times where he would grab the wheel and make the car jerk because he felt "I wasn't doing things right" or something which made me feel anxious and scared because that can be dangerous.

My boyfriend just taught me after that.

>> No.7704918
File: 69 KB, 500x271, opqn9k.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7704864
>no license
>failed driving test twice
It's so embarrassing, not being able to do something everyone and their grandmothers can. It's discouraging, and failure nagging at your neck doesn't help the nerves.
I'm still really nervous when I drive and it makes me really apprehensive at the wheel, to the point where I don't even want to drive if it's making me feel this awful. The only thing really pushing me is "everybody else can do it, you big fucking failure."
Someone please teach me how to stop failing.

Oh, and for short drivers, how do you quickly and thoroughly look over your shoulder when switching lanes? My seat is usually pulled all the way forward so I can reach the pedals, and from that angle, where I'm supposed to look at my blind spot is still obstructed by something in my car, and I end up getting nervous for spending a little too long not looking in front of me, so I let go of the gas to slow down, which isn't acceptable. So how is it supposed to be done?
Sorry, I don't really have anyone willing to teach me. The most advice I've gotten is "don't think about it, just drive" and I feel like that'll kill me.

>> No.7704943

I'm 22 now, and I don't have my license. I plan to get mine this year though. But, my motivation to get it was never too high because I have really never been significantly inconvenienced by not having a car of my own. The public transportation system here isn't the best, but I can get anywhere I need to go either by bike or taking the bus.

A lot of kids just don't have parents who are in any place to buy them a car, or pay for driver's education classes. I've heard that some schools offer the class for free, but mine didn't. And most kids that come from a life of poverty aren't taught money management techniques. Or they just don't make enough money to afford large purchases like a car, while paying rent, bills, school, etc. A combination of both learned poor spending habits and working minimum wage jobs makes saving money for a car a hugely daunting task. So I don't consider it a lack of motivation that some people don't drive.

Some people are just lazy though. And if you can't drive, get your ass on the city bus.

>> No.7704958

>>7704943
>I'm 22 now, and I don't have my license. I plan to get mine this year though. But, my motivation to get it was never too high because I have really never been significantly inconvenienced by not having a car of my own. The public transportation system here isn't the best, but I can get anywhere I need to go either by bike or taking the bus.

You just summed up what I was about to say. It's either walk, bike or subway for me, and the amount of time I'd spend in the car (almost zero) really isn't worth it.

>> No.7704976

>>7704918
>how do you quickly and thoroughly look over your shoulder when switching lanes?
I don't, I have blindspot mirrors on my side mirrors that let me see whether there is a car in my way or if a car is going to cross to be in my way. They are REALLY really useful, I love em.

Sage for non-cgl related.

>> No.7704982

>>7704943
>>7704958
I have two cars, one that I like to work on and one that I let my family use because I much prefer getting places on my bicycle. The state I live in gives you your license for 45 years so I just got it when I was 18 to get it out of the way. I just saved up like 250 dollars and paid for a course which pretty much guaranteed the license, it was easy and within a month I had it. TBH, unless you are issued your license for a considerably long time I don't think it's worth it for either of you to try getting it, you should still know how to drive and know the rules of the rode in case of emergency.

>> No.7704983

All this driving issues.
>has car
>has license
>is fucking terrified of driving
I have a habit of using the handbrake when I panic. And I panic a lot.

>> No.7704989

>>7704649
theleesshop.com

A lot of their stuff is pseudo-layered, making it suitable for wear in Florida. I live in Tampa and do the kpop look every now and then and it's unbelievable the difference it makes. Just order a bit large, US Size S is more like a Korean Large. You can probably do mediums on bulkier items but if you want your shirt to not look like shit, make sure you take measurements and size accordingly.

>> No.7704993

>>7704983
>I have a habit of using the handbrake when I panic. And I panic a lot.
Learn to drift, rip skidz all day.

>> No.7704997

>>7704976
>I have blindspot mirrors on my side mirrors that let me see whether there is a car in my way or if a car is going to cross to be in my way.
I will definitely get some of those.
But would I still be expected to look over my shoulder even with those attached? I feel like it'd still be expected as a safety precaution or just to show I know to do it.
Could I just fake it and still rely on the mirrors...?

>> No.7705012

>>7704918
I generally check my rearview mirror first to judge distance and speed of cars coming up behind, check the wing mirror to see if anyone's travelling beside you, then do a quick head check to confirm. All you're looking for on the head check is the general presence of a car, if you can see a flash of metal and paintwork then you know not to move across yet. It shouldn't matter too much if there's a couple of things in your field of vision since you're not focussing on details, just look for the shape/colour/outline. You tend to spend more time on them as you learn, but in a few years when experienced it should only take a fraction of a second.

As a shorty with a headrest and the doorframes in my field of view too, I rely more heavily on my mirrors than head checking, especially the rearview. Checking behind is easy as you're still facing forwards, just flicking your eyes from the windshield to the mirror and back. I'm a nervous driver too so I only do the speed limit or 2-5 kms below, keep in the slow lane and just let everybody else overtake if they don't like it. I check the rearview often and mentally track other cars as they approach from behind and then pass in front, if anyone approaches and doesn't pass then I know they're travelling behind or alongside. Using the mirrors and keeping aware of other people's positions ensures that headchecks are only really necessary when merging/overtaking, in heavy traffic or when some moron decides to drift into your blind spot.

Jesus this post got long, 1/2

>> No.7705015

>>7705012
Above all the key to me not failing at driving was to make it fun and comfy. Make sure the temperature in the car is good, turn on some of your favourite music, try to drive with people who you feel safe and comfortable beside. If you like food rewards then have a tiny bit of snacks or candy available and take a piece when you're stopped at a traffic light. Also look up old dorky driving advice videos like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m1-FIAhcSA

They're hilarious and you can make a joke out of learning. I had a fear of driving beside trucks when I first started learning, but then my friends and I found the “No Zones!” video and suddenly we were laughing and singing whenever we drove near a truck. Make some good memories in your car and associate the driving seat with happiness, over six years later I’m as relaxed and confident as I can get in those situations because of it.

2/2

>> No.7705034

Anyone who thinks not driving is underage shit clearly lives in the middle of nowhere.

>buses to anywhere run every 10-20 minutes.
>in order to park downtown I'd have to pay and walk from the parking anyway.
>that is if I can successfully navigate all the one way streets.
>while dealing with the ridiculous amount of other traffic.
>which is some of the shittiest drivers ever
>and mass amounts of tourists
>and even then assuming you can find parking.
>also where to put my car when I get home because most places I've lived either don't include parking, charge for it or you have to fight for it.
>nothing is even that far to walk to if you're not a lazy sack of shit.
>so I'll just deal with all of this and paying for insurance and gas just so I can be a "mature adult"
>no thanks

>> No.7705082

>>7704757

2 hour commute each way?

That's fucking brutal if so, even 2 hours total is a lot. I could never do that, especially if you have to ride public transport.

>> No.7705108

>>7705034

I like how Europeans that live in little city always get butthurt when they can't drive.

>> No.7705111

>>7705015
when I drive I like to imagine that my name is Klaus and I am operating a forklift with great enthusiasm
>it actually helps

>> No.7705115

>>7705034
I live in the middle of nowhere and plenty of people 20+ can't drive or don't have a license. It's more because it's a terribly poor town with unmotivated people than anyone being afraid of driving or having public transportation though.

>> No.7705117

>>7705108
I can drive but there's literally no need because I can reach anywhere with my bicycle
There's bike tracks anywhere and bike parking anywhere, and the city is big
You can mire without being jelly, anon

>> No.7705121

>>7705115
It's hard to get a license/drive when you're terribly poor. As a teenager, I couldn't afford driver's ed because: it was $600+ in my area plus a 40 minute drive away, cut into my work shifts, and my mom was busy working 2 jobs. Now that I'm in college, I don't have a way to get access to a car to practice with even once I take the written test for my permit, so even if I had the time to do it, it would be very difficult.
Moreover, a car, while helpful, isn't necessary where I live, and parking is incredibly difficult/expensive.

Having a driver's license doesn't make you any better than anyone else.

>> No.7705126

>>7705108
Except I'm not European.

>> No.7705183

>>7704997
Sorry it took so long to respond.

If you're doing a driving test, you should definitely look over your shoulder. If you're just regularly driving, the mirrors effectively give you (with all of the mirrors you now have combined) all of the vision that you'll ever need. They'll cover your blindspot and also show you if there's a car driving up the next lane over.

This all being said, you COULD turn your head and look over your shoulder, but it strains your neck. I dislike it.

>> No.7705187

>>7704864
I live in a city. driving is both slow and expensive as shit.

>> No.7705195

>>7704982
This is another issue I have with getting my license, it's only valid for five years before you need to get it renewed, iirc. Definitely not worth it.

>> No.7705222
File: 56 KB, 480x516, 1388435350228.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have best friend of 2 years
>talk everyday
>play games together
>watch shit together
>they gradually stop talking to me over the past few days
>they stop accepting my invites to go do things
>question them about it
>they refuse to tell me
>they finally tell me when i press harder
>"I found someone else who I like hanging out with more! We can still be friends, but we won't hang out as often."
>they've been planning this for a month

What went wrong?

>> No.7705234

>>7705222
>What went wrong?

You have a shitty friend. I don't understand why they couldn't bring along the other friend and all of you hang out and be best friends, but I guess that's just part of her being a shitty friend.

It hurts and is unfair for her to drop you just because they feel something better has come along without at least talking to you about it. At this point it's better to cut your losses and look for another, much better friend.

>> No.7705256

>>7705234
Thanks for the advice.

They did bring along the other friend for a bit, we got along pretty okay. I don't know why they stopped doing it, though. We had fun.

>> No.7705262

>>7705256
some people are just naturally shitty. they're not worth your time, trust me! i had a similar instance happen about a year ago and to be honest, i was a lot better off when i realized he was kind of a manipulative piece of shit.

>> No.7705277

>>7705012
>>7705015
>I check the rearview often and mentally track other cars as they approach from behind and then pass in front, if anyone approaches and doesn't pass then I know they're travelling behind or alongside.
I check the rear view mirror pretty frequently too, but I've never thought to do this, I'll try it out. And the snacks and videos as well. Thank you for the advice, anon!
>>7705183
And thanks for telling me about the mirrors. I'm actually really excited about getting some now, since the blind spot checking is what failed me both times, so now I'm especially nervous about it in general.
I'll also try the snack reward thing

>> No.7705331

>>7704213
>>7703886

i too know this feel
i have a sad feeling that the lolita economy is crashing because nobody wants much in the way of prints and items from the last few years since new trendy stuff is totally different. who knows?

>> No.7705343

>>7705034
>>clearly lives in the middle of nowhere

>live in Miami, FL
>cars are king
>driving is a must
There's no way you can live on the mainland without a car. On Miami Beach you could get by without one, but what a limited life that will be. Florida was built around the car.

>> No.7706002
File: 1.94 MB, 256x144, Dz3nk.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Be freaking out all week because no money
>New Chess Story dress and metallic BL shoes released last week/this week
>Add CS dress to my cart last night, one left in my size in the color i want. FUCK
>BL shoes are selling out fast, and my shoe size is pretty common
>Get paid today, fucking run home from work basically
>Shit have to go put money in the bank to pay, run to bank and put money in account >Run back home, immediately pay for and order dress, Check stock of BL shoes, my size is still available
>Wait for SS to confirm they have ordered my dress, it's torturing me waiting for confirmation
>Check BL for shoes again, they sold out in 24.5, fuck it i can fit 24, order shoes
>I bought the last pair in that size
>SS gets back to me, has ordered my dress
>I got the last one in that color and size
>My fucking face when waiting
I can't believe i got both and the last ones, i feel so lucky right now holy shit

>> No.7706080

>cosplayers nowadays are so buttravaged whenever anyone even gives the slight bit of critique
Makes me feel glad I use this site, the term is brutal honesty, sometimes you guys are brutal, sometimes not, but you're honest so it's cool

Seriously, a critique on a cosplay is not hate or spite for the person, at least not necessarily or usually so, it's just... that, a critique on the cosplay. Sadly people nowadays don't seem to realize this

>> No.7706293

I want to move out
I want a dog,more room for my lolita/jfashion shit
room to craft,
more room to put my animu/vidya collection, and my figs.
its a small room I rent and it looks so cluttered, always.

my leiseowner is a dick.
The bathroom is leaky, dirty, I'm the only one that cleans it when 8 people use it.
I live in a cockroach infested home, after everyones 10 months of complaining from everyone and he just buys a pack of roach baits

my boyfriend and I HAVE money, I keep begging "please, let us go"
he keeps telling me our roomate situation is ideal and this, copy pasted from FB:
"so you want to go from rent being 700 a month flat, to around 1700 a month after utilities?"

together, we make $4,000 a month..

my room is cluttered do to having so much shit and instead of wanting to get rid of my precious collection, I'd like to get the fuck out.

I think he's just scared of leaving, how can I help him transition?

>> No.7706301

>>7706293
You pack his things and drag him out by his feet, eeek! The situation you described is terrible! But really, if he's just afraid, it won't take a lot of effort. Find a nice place, and tell him to look at it with you. It's unlikely you'll like the first place you see, anyway, and I'm sure he'll eventually be dazzled by all those roachless bathrooms.

>> No.7706311

> tfw no money to pay for driving classes

it's expensive as hell here and the people I know that got their licenses early, or at least the classes, had mommy and daddy pay for it.

>> No.7706363
File: 376 KB, 320x240, samurai-jack-aku-o.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> Go to bed earlyish last night
> Wake up and check the threads
> Sees my cosplay posted in Bad Cosplay threads
> People are defending me
> I mean the poster was right, there are many things that need to be fixed
> but having people stand up for me gives me warm fuzzies
> I love you all

>> No.7706413

>>7705121
>paying for driver's ed

Why bother?

>> No.7706452

>>7706413
insurance discounts. greatly benificial

>> No.7706487
File: 52 KB, 613x533, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>MFW I see people bitching about costs of lolita items and WAAH WAAH!
>MFW I have a mortgage, 4 kids and multiple bills to pay and I still can afford brand
>MFW one bitch is 32, still lives at home and is pissing and moaning about $30 being too much for a Bodyline skirt
Fuck your shit. If you're pissing about not having many lolita items, cut out one of the cons you go to and buy some decent goddamned shit! Also, she's still on a "anti makeup abloobloo" kick. She seriously has a huge stick of mascara up her ads or something.
I'm honestly debating leaving the group I'm in. I friended them for lulz but I can't take more of this shit.

>> No.7706537

>>7705262
>>7705222
I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago too. My life has gotten a HELL of a lot better since ditching that scumbag's ass. Fuck that "oh nooo you're still a lovely person and you're still my friend :(((" bullshit.
It's comforting knowing that I'm not the only one who's been through this crap.

>> No.7706554

>>7706452
I pay $85 / month for insurance, have been in an accident, and never went to driver's ed.

I don't understand why paying $600 is necessary for a measly discount.

>> No.7706556

>>7706554
Right, also I'm under 21, which means I pay more.

The accident wasn't my fault, for the record, but it still counts against me when it comes to the insurance rate.

>> No.7706749

>>7704914
>>7704864
>>7704918
I didn't get my license until I was 25
It was a combination of not needing it (sort of), and being discouraged. When I was 16-18, the best time to learn because I had access to my parents car, my mom was teaching me and I was constantly nervous and stressed out because she's awful.
Anyway, when I was 25 I sucked it up and paid for lessons at a local driving school. Since I already kind of knew how to drive and was older, it didn't take more than 3-4 lessons and I got to use the car to take the test. Passed first time. Being older actually kind of helped because the instructor assumed I'd be out of that "reckless teenager" phase and judged me a little less harshly.
But now I live in a city where everyone rides a bike so I want to sell my car and not drive again, lol/

>> No.7706759

>>7704757
Yeah, 2 hours commute is crazy. I hope you mean total not each way.
I do online sales. Selling on ebay and amazon mostly but also some of the advertising, pretty much anything involved with selling stuff online. Its crazy some thing I did part time in college to afford weeaboo shit actually pays real money now.
What do you do? I've never done a prerecorded phone interview either, it must be a large company? Anyway good luck anon.

>> No.7707035

>>7705195

5 years is a long ass time.

>> No.7707163
File: 166 KB, 370x370, 1284101077928.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>had kind of a shit year cosplay-wise, plan on doing on cosplay i've been planning for ages to end the year on a better note, character i love to death from one of my favourite video games ever
>two days ago find out that a girl i really fucking hate in my community is doing the same character to the same con
>she hasn't even fucking touched the game and doesn't even own the console it's on
>but because she's tall and asian she'll probably get swamped despite her really fucking shitty construction skills
>why this

>> No.7707215

New thread >>7706831

>> No.7709049

>>7704064
Holy shit that's a beautiful nendo base. Why do my favourite characters get the laziest, bare minimum accessories