[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 349 KB, 500x500, cglfeels.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7302432 No.7302432 [Reply] [Original]

Let's have a seagull feel thread.

Rants/feels/fears for anything related to cosplay/lolita/jfash/this board.

>> No.7302442

I'm terrified that one of my coords will end up in the ita thread, even though I think I do pretty well with them.

>> No.7302448

>>7302442
Same, except its why I'm apprehensive about jumping headfirst into the fashion.

Still doing it, but it'd suck the fun out of the ita threads to see myself there...

>> No.7302446

I want to selfpost on a current thread but a bit too shy to for some reason. Must drink more.

>> No.7302456

>>7302446
oh god same. I feel like the quality of my cosplays are inferior to cgl standards...
Everyone who posted are so cute.

>> No.7302459

I don't why ever got into this fashion, I've got huge honkers and can only wear custom made blouses. I just want my burando to fit me on the top.

>> No.7302460

just the constant anything above 90 lbs in fat comments
like ok 120-130 is average most heights. stop with the anorexic mindset because once in a while is kinda funny and landwhales are funny too but making fun of average or slightly chubby people just gets old

>> No.7302464

I have a distinct style of typing, and it makes me identifiable on an anon board.
I don't want to be called out for being snowflakey, but when I try to cover it up, it sometimes slips.

>goes back to cover it up in this post

>> No.7302467

90lbs is only acceptable for maybe 5"3 and below, I'm 5"2 and going from 130lbs to 90lbs (goal). Currently at 116 and fuck it's hard.

I have Asian moonface and piggu nose and I hate it, next year moving to Thailand and increased income level so hopefully jaw-shaving and nose-job then. I'm average to good at coording, but I never post any pictures of myself because I hate the way my face is and I don't want any photographic evidence of it around. There's already photos of me from school on facebook though, and there's nothing I can do about it but untag.

>> No.7302478
File: 377 KB, 1280x720, jinrui..png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>going to 50's diner with bf tomorrow
>for a second consider breaking out only lolita skirt
>nope better not

It's going to rot in my closet next to my newblet Hetalia cosplay and fat middle school sweaters I never wear anymore, isn't it.

>> No.7302481

>>7302459
>>7302460
being small is such a bitch sometimes though.
I can`t even fit into some brand.

>> No.7302491

I'm in my mid twenties and my cosplay wishlist is at 80 characters. I tried trimming it down, but I like all the characters and designs so much I have a hard time letting any of them go.

>>7302446
>>7302456
In the selfpost thread or a different one? If it's the selfpost thread, don't worry so much. I was kind of surprised but people are being relatively nice in that thread.

>>7302459
And to think, there's a lot of girl in the plastic surgery thread saying they want implants...

>> No.7302495

That feel when you want to wear lolita to work.
That feel when you work with mostly guys and you don't want to have to explain it 500 times.

>> No.7302496

I've stopped attending meets because I usually need a lift to get there. I don't mind paying for gas at all, I just find it embarrassing that I can't drive at my age.
I'm trying to get there, but sitting in the drivers seat alone makes me feel nervous. I don't even feel comfortable driving in neighborhood areas. I've never even gone faster than 20mph, because it scares the crap out of me, and I lose my shit of any other cars are around. My main issue is that I'm afraid I won't be able to pay attention to everything that's going on around me, and it'll result in an accident. I find it extremely hard to focus on a lot of things at once, and people telling me that driving is easy only makes me feel even shittier about not being able to.
I've decided to start back up going to meets as soon as I can drive without fear, but I've been practicing for months now and gotten nowhere, and I feel like I'm getting more anxiety over it the more time passes by.

>> No.7302498
File: 35 KB, 290x270, Homestuck cosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw no qt3.14 lolita cosplaying gf

>> No.7302506

>>7302496
You dont need to pay attention to everything once you learn how to handle the car like you handle a full bladder. It becomes second nature to you to do what you have to do, you stop needing to think about it. Like how your body says to shut your eyes when there is a bright light or if something is pelting towards them, with you and your car and a car is coming your way and you still have your brights on, you dont even think about it you just do. You turn them off.

I still have concentration issues in life. But its not important if you're in an area you're familiar to. So dont try driving anywhere new for the next year or so. Just drive yourself from home to work, or home to the store until you could drive it one handed (figure of speech, pls dont!)

>> No.7302508

>tfw you've gained some weight
>jeans don't fit
>shopping is frustrating when you're also petite
>no time/skill to make your own shit or figure out editing patterns
>hoodies everyday

>> No.7302509

>>7302491
>And to think, there's a lot of girl in the plastic surgery thread saying they want implants...
Grass is always greener etc etc I'd love to settle for even an average or below average bust just so my shirts look nive and smooth. I want to wear more burando shirts too sigh

>> No.7302515

>>7302496
Sounds like you might benefit from a calm friend or relative that could sit in the passenger seat with you? I always feel a lot more comfortable driving with a close friend or just anyone who's nice and can be second pair of eyes for you.

>> No.7302522

>>7302496
don't worry! I was the same way! I didn't get my license until after college and didn't start driving until almost a year after that. I needed to drive to get to work, which was only accessible by the highway. Now I can go wherever and drive in snow and rain and shit. its great!

>> No.7302524

I - I GOT FATTER.
MY WAIST INCREASED BY 5CM IN 3 WEEKS.
(I`m still petite, 70cm waist, but)
AT THIS RATE I WON`T BE ABLE TO FIT INTO THE CUSTOM DRESS I ORDERED.
WHAT DO I DO, SEAGULLS.

>> No.7302529

>>7302524
Get shapewear and maybe change your routine in case you plateau'd.

>> No.7302536

>>7302524
are you pregnant?

>> No.7302542

>>7302496
I feel you anon. I literally moved from a really car-centric area to a place with more public transport just because I couldn't handle it. Even if you can't drive, anon, there are alternatives! Keep your chin up and keep trying, but don't beat yourself up over it!

>> No.7302544

>>7302529
I can never seem to stick to a diet though...
I get hungry easily and I like food.

>>7302536
No.

>> No.7302549

>>7302467
what is your body frame anon? I'm also 5'2" and I would be on death's door if I got down to 90. Shit, I feel sick and skinny as hell at 115.

>> No.7302553

>>7302544
Then exercise more, if you can't commit to a diet (which is retarded anyways, as soon as you want to go back eating 'normally' you will gain all the weight back) make up for it by exercising more.

>> No.7302559

>>7302524
Eh, 70 cm waist isn't petite. Are you Caucasian? By Asian standards 70cm is fat, 58cm < 65cm would be skinny/petite. If you urgently want to lose weight then try not eating after 6, or doing a lemonade flush for a week.

>inb4 fad diet
Fasting is proved to be great for your body, but don't gorge yourself afterwards or it'll come right back.

>> No.7302581

I want to cosplay a lot of obscure characters but I get so much shit from my friends for "trying to hard to be different" and "wasting money on something no one will recognize" I'm too scared to actually do them.

>> No.7302586

>>7302559
Yeah, I'm asian. I meant petite by international standards.
I DO want a skinnier waist, and have been trying.
What`s a lemonade flush?

>>7302553
I`ll try, anon.

>> No.7302588

>>7302581
tell them to stuff it where the sun don't shine and just don't get butthurt if no one recognizes you.

>> No.7302599

>>7302581
>"wasting money on something no one will recognize"

Tell them you cosplay because you love the character, not because you want a fucking fanbase.

Your friends are snobby little shits.

>> No.7302602

>>7302549
I have a thick ribcage and wide hips, but pretty slim limbs. All my fat sits on my torso and thighs, and I used to have crazy fat back. My bust went from 95cm to 88cm without losing breast mass just from back fat. I just want to be an emancipated Asian girl okay. I fucking love crop tops and high waisted shorts but can't wear any because my waist, thighs, and upper arms are so fat. Lolita is amazing for covering that up though, since my calves and forearms are relatively slim.

>>7302581
Fuck your fad surfing friends, do what you like. It's much more exciting to me cosplaying something I love and is obscure and finding 1 person who likes it and recognizes it, than doing SAO/AoT/Homestuck and being one of 200.

>> No.7302615

> top weight 200lbs
> fought down to 147lbs (via weightlifting and slight dietary change)
> injury, out of commission for a year
> regain 25
> mfw

Injury is healed enough that I can pick it up again, and I've settled in to the new city and stuff too, so I'm hoping to be back around 145lbs by the end of summer at the latest, then work down to 130 or so.

>> No.7302618

>>7302581
If I recognize an obscure character, I'm usually really happy that someone was thinking outside the box. It usually raises my powerlevel a lot when I see people like that. Your friends sound like bandwagoners.

>> No.7302619

>>7302586
Lemonade flush is drinking only lemonade and not eating for 3 days minimum, but some people do it up to a week. There's a particular recipe popularized by some celebrity dietician and he's got a book on it, but basically it's a water or juice fast. I've done it before and it does make me feel like shit for the first 1-2 days, but I feel amazing on days 4-5. It makes you appreciate food so much more afterwards (and you should gradually increase intake). Fasting in general's also been shown to lower cancer and heart disease risk, slow cell and DNA damage, and restart cell and tissue repair. Lemon juice provides vitamins and electrolytes, honey gives you sugar for energy, cayenne pepper suppresses hunger, and you could also try some cinnamon which also helps with hunger.

Also check with your healthcare professional before doing anything blah blah blah.

>> No.7302669
File: 326 KB, 245x184, tumblr_mmm6wccW2Q1ry1utqo5_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Got sick last year
>$9k in med bills
>Friends ask if I'll be able to make it to the one con we all go to every year.
>Probably not.
>Depressed.
>They chip in and buy me a ticket anyway.
>"Don't worry about the hotel room, Anon. Just worry about food, gas, and parking."
>tfw I have the best friends in the world.
I wish there was a way to pay them back, but they say having me there is the best thing about the con, since we don't live close to each other anymore.

>> No.7302682

If I didn't have an Instagram, no one would ever know that I dress up because I never leave the house.

>sad
>lonely
>no friends
>no car
>this is why i'm on /cgl/ all the time

>> No.7302722

>4'11", 135 pounds at heaviest
>Athlete and dancer, played striker in ultimate frisbee, danced, ran, etc
>Super fit, lots of muscle
>Had a devastating takedown by a huge dude in the endzone during playoffs
>Tore a ligament in my knee
>Forced team out of playoffs because we didn't have enough girls to qualify
>Become depressed as I'm unable to do anything with my biggest passions and got my team kicked out of the playoffs in our last year
>Six months later, able to get back into dancing but kind of limited
>Asked to choreograph a musical that is produced by my friends which feels great because I can do what I love again
>Also given the option of surgery to fix the ligament
>The surgery will be covered by my medicare
>Will be able to try out for my university's ultimate frisbee team within two years, including wait time for the surgery and rehab

Things are looking up for me and it feels great! I can't wait to get back on the field and be able to dance as much as I used to again.

>> No.7302747

I got straight bangs to be more kawaii but I'm caucasian with a strong face so it just looks like the average goth hairstyle. It doesn't look bad, but it's not 'cute'.
Tfw the only way I really look kawaii is with pastel colored hair and that's not feasible with my dresscode.

>> No.7302763

>>7302442
This is also one of by biggest fears :(
I'm really new to the fashion and I feel like I do a great job on my coords but idk...

>> No.7302767

>>7302442
meh. I was already on an ita thread because I'm a fatty and put together a lazy coord. It's not that bad.

>> No.7302768
File: 819 KB, 500x303, iwannabe.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302722
We're in the same boat, anon.
>volunteer during training because I'm the newest person
>huge dude falls on me during training exercise
>workers comp takes forever to order MRI
>meniscal tear
>meniscal repair surgery a week and a half before Christmas
>visiting family is a pain in the ass because crutches and hourly icing
>miss a buttload of parties and can't attend ALA
>still can't walk like a normal person
>bored as fuck
>mfw living vicariously through ALA facebook updates
I'm guessing you tore your ACL? No matter which ligament you tore, please be immensely careful during your recovery time. The last thing you need is to rush the healing process and set yourself back.
Also, always go to your phys therapist appointments and always do the exercises they tell you to do. I saw this one dude with a locked knee because he skipped all his appointments after the first two weeks and it is not pretty.
And go for the cadaver option when you replace the ligament. They can graft a ligament from somewhere else in your body to do it, but it's extremely invasive and so much more painful than jacking a dead person's.

>> No.7302774
File: 516 KB, 736x766, 1389762134147.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not really a rant or a fear, just a confession:

I have a severe problem with posting any photograph online of myself without touching it up first, and that usually involves some combination of: slimming my legs, arms, waist; enlarging my eyes; making my skin smoother; and making my skin tone lighter.
Admittedly it's not enough to where I look like a completely different person. It's just that people have been complimenting me about smooth skin when in reality I have terrible acne and discoloration, or that I've lost weight when in reality I haven't lost as much to look like how I am in my pictures.
I think when people see me in real life they're taken aback by how...I dunno, "average" I actually look compared to when I'm gussied up.
However I can't blame them for this because it's my fault.
But bugger me if that touch up shit doesn't work, it bloody does! I get so much more validation and attention from people with my touched up photos than any candid or untouched picture I've ever posted.
It's such a bad habit. I know I'm hurting myself. I know I'm perpetuating this ideal of unattainable beauty standards...but it's a carousel and I can't get off the ride.

>> No.7302788

>>7302774
dont worry anon, i suffer from the exact same thing.
shooping is incredibly addictive.

>> No.7302787

>>7302774
Hey anon, this makes me feel really bad for you.
I can`t understand the feeling, but I can definitely see where you`re coming from.
I edit my pictures too, but not as much as you do.

Why don`t you try to fix up your real life appearance so that you match your online appearance?
Lose some weight and try taking care of your skin more.

>> No.7302790

>>7302774
I always shoop away my neck fat. It's not that bad irl but it looks terrible in all my pictures.

>> No.7302794

>>7302787
>Why don`t you try to fix up your real life appearance so that you match your online appearance?

>lose weight
That's a long battle with a long history, but I try.
>take care of your skin
I try. It's genetic acne and I can't get approved for anything stronger than antibiotics and face cream by any dermatologist within a 200 mile radius of me. And unfortunately I can't take antibiotics anymore because they give me stomach ulcers.

Plus I'd need a round of laser treatment to get rid of my skin pitting/pigmentation. As well as plastic surgery for the loose folds of skin on my body.

>>7302788
It is. And I justify it by saying that others do it.

>> No.7302798
File: 50 KB, 480x480, o you no.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sad, lonely, and too spaghetti to do anything about it.

>> No.7302806

>tfw you find out a popular cosplayer is going to the same con
>cosplaying the same character as you
>on the same day
>and their costume and wig are practically flawless

>> No.7302814
File: 1.67 MB, 250x198, i5yh09.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only guy I've had a genuine interest in for over two years lives 1,800km / three provinces away. We stayed in touch after we met at a local convention in August. He'll be back here to visit me for reading week and an April convention, but it's hard on my heart to like someone this much and not be able to have physical contact.

>> No.7302821

As a 6"3 husky guy who can I cosplay as, maybe I can make friends that way.

>> No.7302826

>>7302821
do a sexy bara and attract all the gays

>> No.7302832

>>7302826
do gays make good friends? also i don't know who that is

>> No.7302834

>>7302788
>>7302794
I once shooped a picture a lot and all my friends commented "wow anon you look SO pretty in this picture; you look so DIFFERENT, it doesn`t even LOOK LIKE YOU"
And that`s the part that really got to me, I felt like I couldn`t be "pretty" without not looking like me, and I got pretty depressed after that.
Now, I usually make my skin tone lighter and blend away some blemishes, otherwise I just take 50 selfies until I find one that`s up to my standards.
idk, at least I look like me, just in a flattering angle.

>>7302814
Oh anon... I don`t know how I can ever be so far from someone I love so much.
I`m a really touchy-feely kind of person (not in a dirty way, just like hugs, holding hands, hearing that person`s voice, etc) and I wouldn`t be able to stand the distance.

>> No.7302858

>>7302794
If your skins not too sensitive, you can do at home weekly peels. Glycolic acid cleared up my acne and blackheads like no other.

>> No.7302878

>>7302858
>Glycolic acid
I don't mean to be a pest, but how much does this usually cost and where can you buy it?

>> No.7302907

>>7302774
I know this feel, anon. I shoop my photos like crazy, even noticeable things like my jawline.
I don't feel like I'm super ugly, but I know I'm unphotogenic. I only take photos on the days I feel like I look good, and while the mirror is telling me yes, my camera is always screaming fuck no in falsetto, so I make up for how much better I think I look by shooping, and then I get carried away and start doing the eye thing and the slimming thing as well... I really feel like I need the shoop.

It's good that you're aware of the problem in it. I've tried remedying it by upping my makeup game, or at least trying to, but since my problem is more than some acne, it's hard for me.
My face is really really uneven. Like, one side of my lace literally looks like it's melting off, and I don't think contouring helps at all.
I was eyeing the plastic surgery thread and casually brought it up with my SO, but he was surprised and against it, which surprised me. It made me think I should just get over it and be okay with the way I look, but I don't see that happening and will probably get a handful of surgeries along the road.

>> No.7302918

>>7302619
All the weight you'll end up losing are water weight and your muscles tone.
That just sounds retarded.

>> No.7302959
File: 5 KB, 200x180, sad_taeyeon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>want to start cosplaying but have no idea where to start
>always sucked at making things
>they say practice makes perfect but that at this certain thing
>afraid to look like an ass
>friends don't know I want to do this so if I just come out of nowhere with a cosplay, they'll just laugh

They're gonna laugh... people are mean. I'll just live through you guys.

>> No.7302997

I've posted quite a bit here in a few different threads about my horribly misshapen body. At 5' 1", 97lbs, 33-27-35, F cups, I have:

>Large nose and ears
>Sliding, weak jaw with overbite buck teeth
>Prominent Adam's apple
>Large tits disproportionate on my small frame
>Absolutely no waist/torso (maybe 2 inches between bottom of ribs and top of hips)
>Skinnyfat paunch at abdomen
>Ridiculously high-set hips
>Entire rest of my body is just legs, legs, legs
>Also have extra testosterone so majority of body is covered in man hair, get 2 periods a year, and am infertile

I don't even feel human when I look at myself. Nobody fucking looks like this but me. I thought I'd look nicer in lolita but I feel like a sham. Even with an advice guide someone made for me, the silhouette doesn't look correct on my terribly built body, all the skirts look high-waisted because the pinch-in where they're meant to sit is directly beneath my tits. I can't even afford any brand, on top of that. I've been told I'm ugly my whole life -- even cute clothes can't disguise that I'm an alien. I'm at a total loss. I wish I knew what it was like to be a normal woman.

>> No.7303023
File: 62 KB, 360x420, 130340010079-0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302997
anon, is it possible you're intersex? your adam's apple, testosterone, and infertility might be signs that you were born intersex. i'm obviously no doctor but it might be worth looking at if you need to undergo hormone treatments.

anyway, as a 5" chubby-chan with a short torso and huge tits, I can relate. and I can offer you some lolita advice.

avoid anything with full shirring--dresses, blouses, etc. big tits + small ribcage + full shirring = weird-looking, lumpy bodice.
look for jsks that aren't high-waisted, but that have a short bodice. i.e. most of AP's jsk releases lately except for Etoile Twins and Radiant Candlelight, and a few of their non-print pieces. If the bodice looks long, avoid it. google the fuck out of everything worn to see what they look like on other people and gauge how the bodices fit on other lolis.

If you have a short torso, Meta blouses will sit perfectly on you. Wear your blouses untucked from your skirts and look for skirts that are low-waisted like the Milky Planet re-release, Cinema Doll skirt, or a high-waisted skirt that doesn't have a wide waistband (pic related, it's from a series Meta hasn't released yet). If you have long legs, low-waisted skirts will look cute on you and make your torso look longer than it is.

get a really good bra that pulls your boobs up and apart. Bali's Flower Bra (available on amazon) reels everything in without being a minimizer or creating boobloaf. it makes your boobs look perky, and that will make your torso look longer.

you can totally be a lolita. learn to work with what you have. if you have bad teeth, don't smile with your teeth in pictures. if you have a large nose, contour the fuck out of it. watch some tutorials on youtube to learn how. if your ears stick out, cover them with a wig or a hat. shave off the most obvious hair or get it waxed. you'll look great in lolita once you put effort into it.

>> No.7303025

>>7303023
>tfw i put 5" chubby-chan instead of 5' chubby-chan

I'm 5' tall. derp.

>> No.7303026

>>7302798
That feeling when no cutie pie cosplay girlfriend.

>> No.7303032
File: 107 KB, 480x640, 209058_original.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Been looking for dream dress for awhile
> Would usually be awake and checking the comm sales regularly, but fall asleep for a few hours because I'm tried
>Dress goes up for sale in the comm sales in the cut I want
> Is already spoken for by a list of users who want it by the time I see it

I want to walk off a building right now.

>> No.7303038

I'm starting to get really frustrated with the size of (or lack thereof) my wardrobe. January's theme on egl certainly isn't helping, either. I've been wearing lolita for nearly 8 years and only have just over a dozen main pieces...somehow I feel inadequate because of it, even though I know I'm good at coordinating and always look polished.
I just really want to make a big mbok haul and have that giddy feeling of opening a package full of goodies, but I just can't afford it right now.

>> No.7303039

>>7302768
Yep. The actual collision strained my ACL and sprained my knee joint or something, and later on in the week when I was half mobile I slipped and fell and dislocated my kneecap and the kneecap popping out of place pushed against the ligament and tore it. That's my understanding of the situation, at least.

And wait, I haven't met with a surgeon yet. Please explain to me these ligament grafts. My physio therapist told me about a procedure that was different.

>> No.7303041

TFW Ive only been into the fashion for less than a year, and new-to-the-fashion itas come to me for advice... I dont have enough experience to properly guide them, but they don't know anyone else ;-;.
How do I tell someone they look bad? That they need to fix their eyebrow (manbrow, never plucked) and their coords are a little drab (thrift store)...
Theyre poor and they're generally cuter than me (smaller and asian) too so I feel like Ill be the pot calling the kettle black if I point out her weak points, especially if theres nothing they can do to fix their clothes etc anyways.
SIGH

>> No.7303047

>>7302997
I feel you so hard anon. I've got the barely two inches between rib cage and hip bones, paunch, tons of body hair, pretty big nose, and high/weird hips going. What hurts the most is the paunch. I've seen tons of other women heavier than me with a fairly flat stomach, but I look constantly bloated. I'm in pretty good shape too.

>> No.7303048

>>7303025
>all I can picture now is an adorable mini lolita

>> No.7303054

>>7302467
>TFW 5'9 and 128
>you can see your ribs collar and hip bones
> all your weight is in your muscle thighs

kill me

>> No.7303057

>>7302544
>I like food.
stop saying this bitches
I fucking hate this you didnt break your diet because you like food but because you lack self control. You think people who keep there diets dislike food.

>> No.7303061

There's a group of Homestucks who split off from the main group in my local area and they're absolutely vile. I want to post so much shit about them, but I'm worried that it'll be traced back to me.

And they're the non-weeb group! We've got the main group, the weeb group and the bitch group. The main group is filled with nice Homestucks, but I'm surprised some of the bitches haven't been discovered by /cgl/ yet, they're such massive lolcows.

/cgl/, help me not kill one of them. They're starting to spread into other fandoms.

>> No.7303063

>>7303061
I'm curious. At the least, where you from, anon?

>> No.7303064

>>7303057
I know it might surprise you, but some people really hate the thought of eating if they even remember to eat at all. There's people at my workplace who literally keep a jar of peanut butter in their cars and have a spoonful every day just so they won't pass out.

>> No.7303066

>>7303064
I know that but I hate that excuse
especially since most people who say this scarf down food and what they actually like is swallowing food ( swallowing causes dopamine release)

>> No.7303076

>>7303023
I've never specifically considered that I may be intersex. Although, I have gone exclusively by a male name since I was 12, passed for male until high school (when I couldn't hide my breasts under baggy clothes anymore), and don't strongly identify with either gender. My genitalia are fully female. I'll look into it further.

Like I said, I can't afford brand right now, but I'm hoping that'll change this year. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. Also I have recently purchased some great bras that I'm very happy with! The support is great, although I can't say they've changed the look of my torso very much. :(

Thanks for all the words pal.

>>7303047
The bloating is really the worst. I used to be 72lbs, when I gained weight is when I really noticed how awful my body shape is. I lost 5lbs and an inch and a half off my waist in 2013, I'm hoping to go back down to 85~90 and see if my body image improves at all.

>> No.7303089

>used to have full time job
>very sensible with my money
>paid rent, bills and living expenses at the same time as saving to do a degree
>finally earn enough to go to university
>have to quit job to go, but savings and grants cover everything
>discover lolita fashion
>two years later
>savings and grants gone; all spent on lolita
>$2300 in debt to creditors
>can't even count debt to parents
>failing degree
>as I type this I'm waiting to pay an invoice for $150 for another dress

Help.

>> No.7303108

>>7303076
I'm still not sure how to kill the bloating either. I don't have any food allergies, and I drink plenty of water. It's just frustrating when no matter how much weight you lose, you always have a puffy belly.

>> No.7303111

>>7302997
Whoa, I have the same height and measurementsnearly as you, anon, but I'm like 106lbs and an A cup. God, I have ridiculous back fat.
>Absolutely no waist/torso (maybe 2 inches between bottom of ribs and top of hips)
>Ridiculously high-set hips
>Entire rest of my body is just legs, legs, legs
This is also me. Also wide ribcage does not help- especially with my tiny breasts. I've been losing weight to trim down my waistline, and of course nothing from my waist, but now my ribcage is plainly visible on me, so I'm skeletal but fat at the same time.
>I wish I knew what it was like to be a normal woman.
Me too, anon. Me too.

>> No.7303119

>Late '20s guy, photog and sometimes cosplayer
>Broke up with cosplay/loli GF after almost 5 years last year
>Don't want to date outside the community because I really enjoy having a GF who's into this stuff
>Everybody I meet is like 18-20 and probably thinks I'm creepy and old.

>FML ronery

>> No.7303120

>>7303089
Quit school for a while and go back to work.
Your credits aren't going to just disappear on you.
Make some money and stop buying shit.
Go join a 12-step program if you have to.

>> No.7303130

>>7303038
There are a few smaller wardrobe on EGL too, I remember the girl with this pretty Btssb velvet bustier saying she was into lolita for around 6 years or so. If you work it well I see no problem with having a small wardrobe

>> No.7303133

>>7303038
I don't understand how some girls can buy 15+ pieces of brand in less than a year and still be in school.

I think if you cherish your main pieces, then it doesn't matter how many you have.

>> No.7303174

>>7303089
sell some of your wardrobe to start paying back your debt and focus on school. I was on a bad spending spree when I was super depressed last year. Got treated for depression, cut my spending, got a job and now I only buy stuff with money I have.

Cut up your credit cards if you have to. Cancel them, even. Get your ass in gear and study, or take a semester off and work. Just get out of debt and get out of failing. Tutoring, help from TAs and profs, peers and online study guides. Just work your ass off to bring up your grades so it's not a catastrophic loss.

>> No.7303219

Can I ask the Lolitas in here a question? This feels like a semi-appropriate place.

What do you guys think of a guy who's into Lolita? Not a fetishist or a crossdresser, just somebody who's genuinely enthusiastic about the style and brands and coords and all of that? I dated a few Lolitas and fell in love with the style and actually know quite a bit about it, but I always feel like I'm gonna seem like some weird "daddy wannabe" or something if I express it when I meet lolis. Is it cool or creepy if a well-adjusted reasonably attractive guy who's actually into the style starts a conversation about what you're wearing?

>> No.7303228

I really want to make lolita friends and go to a meet-up, except I can't drive and the only meet I could get to is filled to the brim with cringe-worthy ita weeaboos.

>> No.7303231

>>7303219
If you put effort into your coordinates AND make-up so you don't look like some cheap drag star, then most girls will be okay with it. Also, shave your legs if you're gonna be wearing socks. When brolitas get hate, it's usually because they've skimped on make-up, their coordinates are messy, or they just generally have a creepy attitude.

>> No.7303230

I've fallen out of love with my entire wardrobe and it's horrifying.

>> No.7303245

>>7303231
Oh, I must've given the wrong impression. I don't wear lolita, I'm just a fan and a general J-fashion/J-culture enthusiast. When I've been in these situations I'm just a regular-looking guy in normal but reasonably fashionable men's clothes that ends up in a detailed conversation about lolita stuff.

If I were a girl I'd wear the hell out of the stuff but I don't intend to crossdress. I'm just a fanboy of the style.

>> No.7303260

>>7303119
...are you me?

>> No.7303261

>>7303245
Date me plz! Nah but for real, all my exes hated lolita and were "you are 20, wear something appropriate".

>> No.7303263

My sister is cosplaying Stocking for her next con. I gave her tips for how to make the outfit more realistic since the character is done in a weird gothic lolita style and I thought I could help shaping the dress more. She bought a high quality petti but made a skirt that's just a sack with no circle skirt-like qualities, so the skirt's way too small for the petti. She got super pissed when I told her that, "Oh my god Anon, who cares?! I'm cosplaying Stocking, not a lolita!" I've left it alone, but I'm crying inside when I see her fat pencil skirt combined with a black t-shirt and dollar store lace sleeves. I'm kind of pissed at her for being angry at me when I corrected her.

>> No.7303281

>>7303261
I'm kinda hoping for something like that but it's hard to meet people in the community as a guy, and it's creepy as all hell being like "sup lolis, wanna date?"

One worry I have with the whole thing is that I know there's lolis out there that would be interested in a guy who's a fan only because they think they're gonna get a sugar daddy who'll buy them burando, and I have neither the finances nor the inclination to do that. (Aside from bday/holiday presents and the like but that's normal.)

It's also a pretty young hobby and that makes it kinda hard, I'm 27 so older than most who are in to the style.

I worry about girls thinking I'm some kind of pedo because I'm into the look, too...

>> No.7303299

This is probably more appropriate on this board.
>be trans
>be lolita
>none of my trans friends are lolitas
>none of my lolita friends are trans
I know it's a stupid thing to complain about, but knowing someone who would understand both gender stuff and lolita would be nice.

>> No.7303306

>>7303281
I am 21 and I'm dating a fella I met through my comm who is turning 28 this month. We are happy and have been together for a year.

He has been into Lolita longer than I have and dresses himself well. If you clean up nice and are genuinely interested in the fashion, no one will think you are 'creepy'.

>> No.7303308

>>7303281
Anon, when you strike a conversation with a lolita, just know your shit.
Don't sound like a weeb/creep about it, but actually show that you`re knowledgeable (which shows your genuine interest in it). This makes you seem less like a someone who has a fetish for lolita, but that you actually care about it.

>> No.7303309

>go to a lolita meetup
>goddamn one of the girls there is cute
>fuck, she's really cute
>I'm always complaining on cgl posting stuff like "tfw no small classic chubby lolita gf"
>she is small, shes classic, she's gorgeous, she's funny, her smile lights up the roomm
>after the meetup I can't find any contact info of hers, should of asked, would of been too shy to single her out
goddamn that girl was cute, even though she didn't wear makeup.
we shared the same interests in baking too, what a sweetie
10/10 would bake sweets with and buy brand

>> No.7303318
File: 41 KB, 397x314, 1388176298370.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My new fetish is to ravage a girl in her precious burando, ripping it apart with my hands as I devour her body and fuck her with the force of a thousand suns.

Thank you /cgl/ for this newfound wisdom.

>> No.7303319

>>7303318
But anon, it`s so much hotter to fuck her IN her burando...
(I saw in another thread that an anon had a fetish for eating out a lolita by going under her huge petticoat/skirt while she was sitting in a chair browsing cgl or something)

>> No.7303321

>>7303319

Well technically she would still be in her burando, but I would rough it up a bit and not remove it. Just sliding the panties to the side and bang away like there is no tomorrow.

That eating out a lolita sounds kinda interesting as well, could imagine it would be hilarious doing that under a massive petticoat though

>> No.7303324
File: 200 KB, 750x1000, T2KWQsXgFbXXXXXXXX-765026597.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Beating myself up for missing this cape in black from dearli. They have it in red, but it's too little red riding hood for me. Ugh it's just the perfect cape!

>> No.7303325

>>7303230
Been there, my sympathies. Do you have no interest in lolita at all any more, or do you simply want a new style / the novelty of new pieces? In the former, I'd suggest selling any "hot" prints you have, rather than hanging onto them (in case the value drops); in the later, maybe try to trade for new stuff that will excite you more?

>> No.7303326

>>7303321
Geez, when you said ripping it apart I thought you meant like literally destroying the dress.
I think sliding the panties off would be nice, and maybe the top half off her shoulders.

>> No.7303331

>>7303326

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind destroying the dress myself, but I have a feeling someone else would. Could always buy some cheaper stuff to rip apart I guess.

Shame the lolita scene is so small in this country, would probably be hard to find someone to begin with.

>> No.7303332

>>7303325
>>7303230

I went through one of those phases, and while I was going through it, AP re-released my dream dress (Misty Sky OP in Sax). I find out about five weeks later when it's out of stock and it kicked me back into the fashion again. Ughhhhhh. I could have had that damn dress!

>> No.7303333
File: 143 KB, 300x299, seto.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw you want a gothic closet full love lovely black clothes in various styles
>tfw I day dream about starting up my Lolita/Aristocrat wardrobe again
>tfw I'm about to have the disposible income to make my dreams reality
>tfw I realize I'll have a little money left over after saving and expenses to buy luxury purchases like cute clothes, anime/manga bullshit and skin care
>tfw after a long battle with depression that lead to my eventual hospitalization I'm finally regaining interest in the things I love

>> No.7303342

>>7303318
>>7303321
Oh man I know where you're coming from. Although I prefer the idea of more gently removing the lolita stuff to reveal an appropriately matched lingerie set and then going to town from there. I can't bring myself to fuck up nice outfits haha.

Shit, there I go refuting my assertion that I don't fetishize lolita at all...

>> No.7303353

>>7303342

Nothing wrong with it man, you can respect the fashion and still feel sexually attracted to it. Would be weird if you didn't to be honest.

>> No.7303352

>>7302496
I'm the same. I'm turning twenty this year, and I only have my permit, and it's so frustrating to constantly hear, "So, anon, when are you getting your license? Do you have your license? This wouldn't be a problem if you had a license!" Especially when it's people that don't even hang out with me, so it's none of their goddamn business whether I'm driving or not. There's no bus system where I live, but I get to the places I need to be, and the only people that make any kind of scene about it are my 'friends' that are just so concerned about my driving.
Even when I say, "I don't have my license yet because driving makes me anxious," they're still so quick to jump down my throat with bullshit like, "Well, if you drove more often, you'd get used to it!" I've driven by myself a few times to pick my brother up from school, and I always end up shaky and with sore muscles from tensing up at the wheel. I'm not even necessarily a bad driver; I just don't want to.

>> No.7303389
File: 1.58 MB, 225x169, 1389112731032.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302774
I'll probably have people jump down my throat for saying this to you but I don't give a shit. You feeling bad because you photoshop your pictures to make them look better? Yeah nah. Don't be apologetic for that.
If you're not claiming to be perfect, a role model, or an ultimate beauty then it's really nobody else's god damn business to judge you for just wanting nice pictures of yourself online. Maybe other people are okay with posting forced duck lips and awful candids because they want to show others how 'real' and 'quirky' they are, and that's fine. But not everyone is okay with that and people have their reasons. Everyone creates an image for themselves online and some people just have different approaches.

I photoshop my pictures to look better than how I casually look everyday because that's how I get attention online. And people can dog the shit out of me about being an attention whore or having little self-worth. I just hope that they'll never have to be the ones who are fucking invisible if they don't do their makeup, wear the best clothes, and spend at least an hour on hair everyday.
People who have it all, or at the very least are average, don't understand others who have very little. If I could wake up 7/10 pretty tomorrow without having to use beauty enhancers plus the photoshop to just be a 'real' person who's noticed, I'd take that. But I can't.
It's not like I don't work on other things to be noticed irl either. I have degrees, I have interests, and I have a couple talents-it's just that I'm sick of fooling myself and others into thinking that society hasn't become shallow enough to the point where beauty trumps all.
/rant

>> No.7303393

>>7303352
I'm a car nut and really into driving but I was nervous as all hell when I started too. I think the key to getting comfortable to driving is to find ways you can enjoy it. Go drive around in the middle of the night when there's no traffic and no pressure to do anything specific. Hell, if you really want to make yourself comfortable behind the wheel and have some money to spend, try a car control clinic or entry-level racing school, I guarantee you'll come out of it feeling like the best driver on the road and it'll help a ton.

>> No.7303398

>tfw i'll never get the chance to cosplay or wear gothic lolita
>tfw i'll never be a trap

>> No.7303406

>that feel when my white gf left me
I should have told her the truth... but meh

>> No.7303422

>>7303324
fuck the cape, give me that cute goat

>> No.7303439

>>7302432
>tfw fatty
>tfw poor
>Too afraid to join comm. because I wan't people to like me and I don't think they will because I'm a fatty
>Told member of comm that I may go to a meet soon

At least things are starting to look up. I've lost a bit of weight and I intend to keep doing so. Going to go get an application for a job today.

My goals are to lose around 100 pounds, get a job by the end of February, and go to a meet-up by the end of April (at the latest June). I know I have great taste, I'm just holding myself back. I've admired this fashion from afar for a year and a half now, I wan't to finally be a part of it.

>> No.7303456

>tfw double chin
>diet, exercise, try everything
>still double chin
>see posts on /cgl/
>if u hav a dubble chin ur fuckin fat idc about ur weight ur fat
>cry

>> No.7303474

Sorry this isn't related to anything /cgl/ but I have nowhere else to vent and my whole family is poo-pooing it as me being bratty

>Go ice skating in the morning
>Nice and empty
>Suddenly schoolkids appear and start calling me a whore for taking their field instead of asking nicely
>I put one kid into headlock and tell him to be polite, he chickens out and apologizes
>rest of them stay quiet and look at me fearfully until I leave
>tfw doing someone else's parenting
>tfw they're hogging the field until now, only time I can go is after midnight or early in the morning because there's more of them and they're kids, and there's only three of us (my friends and I that is), and we're 'grown-ups'
>tfw grown-ups aren't allowed to figure skate! They have to go to work and be boring and fat!
If I go skate at a decent rink I can't practice because there's a billion people and you get told which direction to skate in, and if we rent a rink it is insanely expensive or we have to share it with a million little babies with ice moms nagging at us for tripping them up
fuck I'm pissed

>> No.7303477

>>7303439
>100 pounds
That's going to take at least 8/9 months to lose

>> No.7303484

>>7303474
Jeez, tell the brats to go sled or something

>> No.7303492

>Dream DREAM dress comes up for sale
>cheap as hell too, due to 'lolfattymodifications', which are exactly MY measurements too
>go to Paypal on my phone to make sure I have the funds; I haz the fundz
>PROFIT
>try to pay but keeps saying I don't have access
>the fuck?
>log in on the computer
>PayPal locked my account due to "identity issues"
>three months of fighting, phone calls, and emails, I am now considered a "security risk" and they locked the money I had
>can't touch said money till July, even then, I foresee problems...

Fuck your goddamned shit cunt ass Paypal.

>> No.7303506

>>7303484
I can't, it's a public field and their parents will get pissy at me for hogging it. Meanwhile wherever I go figure skate people shoo me off because there's more of them. Only time I was skating alone is when I was training for competitions and ever since I stopped being a skater professionally. Honestly, it's a horrible sport full of horrible sports, clique-y, ice moms are just as bad as pageant moms, little kids are usually entitled little girls, people are competitive and jealous and think they're gonna be doing that their whole life while for me it's a hobby first and foremost. And without a coach everyone goes harpy on my ass and shooes me away because there's so few of us.

>> No.7303514

>>7303474
I do actually feel your pain, anon. That was an issue of mine for a long time, not having anywhere to practice where I wouldn't be overrun by small children or hockey dudebros. Luckily, I found that there's a rink in the nearest city that is pretty empty during the day, and the ice monitors don't give a shit if I'm doing spins or jumps. I hope you can find somewhere that better suits your needs!! Sage for no contribution.

>> No.7303522
File: 24 KB, 320x240, 1350258532635.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw I will never have a small "free size" body.
>no money or balls for plastic surgery
>Not enough money for all my expensive hobbies
>want to attend lolita meet but I think I'll look like shit because lack of loli items
>tfw textbooks and class from 12:30-10:20 T Th.
>tfw eating issues coming back but I'm trying not to eat since it will make me feel nauseous anyway. Not sure why.
>a lot of my plants are dying, fuck winter
>Have had period since December 28
>Fuckin IUD, random cramps and such.
>got pepper spray in my mouth
>Lost $100 at casino for my 21 birthday this past Sunday
>fuck gambling when drinking
>fuck gambling at all
>more vodka
>Going to Ohayocon at the end of month and I better have a good time.
Not all are completely related but this hasn't been a fantastic year so far.

>> No.7303527

>>7303506
You seem like a pussy.

>> No.7303530

>>7303456
>tfw I know this feel

>> No.7303555

>>7303514
Not that anon, skating by yourself can be a pain in the ass and if you join a team the girls there are usually sassy bitches with their parents encouraging their tantrums and attitude. As a little girl I used to figure skate and went to trainings by myself since my mum was working. All girls came with their mothers who shepherded them and picked out whom they can and can't be friends with, and somehow the lot of mums decided it was okay for their little brats to pick on me in the dressing room because I had no parents with me.
Even the little girl with no arms in the group was a queen cunt, and when I started teasing her for having chicken wings her mum cried to the coach to have me expelled (I wasn't). Skating is clearly a women's sport.

>> No.7303589

>>7303527
You obviously haven't encountered ice parents. Imagine pageant moms times ten. No one wants to deal with that.

>> No.7303592
File: 45 KB, 480x360, 635876969.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303389

Aside from the fact I am too spaghetti to post pictures online - Anon, are you me??

>I just hope that they'll never have to be the ones who are fucking invisible if they don't do their makeup, wear the best clothes, and spend at least an hour on hair everyday.

This, I do this every day too, just so that I can feel like a human. Still invisible though. Especially to boys.
When I go out with my best friend I always spend at least 45 minutes on hair and make up, wear nice clothes, show a little cleavage but not too much, try to smile - still the only one who ever gets hit on is my better looking friend who spend 10 minutes on her look. I love her but I hate this so much.

>It's not like I don't work on other things to be noticed irl either. I have degrees, I have interests, and I have a couple talents-it's just that I'm sick of fooling myself and others into thinking that society hasn't become shallow enough to the point where beauty trumps all.
>/rant

Yeah, no one cares about that. Never. Ever.
I remember that even as a young kid and through my early teens, I noticed that in almost every movie I watched and every book or manga I read, it were always the looks that got the guy into falling in love with the girl, and even if I could not put it into words, I felt and incredible sadness and envy.
I can count the he books where the look of the girl was not decribed as incredible beautiful, and where they were actually descirbed as more on the ugly side (like Jane Eyre) on one hand.

TL;DR: Shoop whatever you want, I can understand it

>> No.7303594
File: 119 KB, 625x602, m_3050451_x2tbqFRnquZP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303514
>for having chicken wings
I can't breathe

>> No.7303595

I've gained about 40 pounds since high school ended due to poor eating habits. I'm working on changing my diet and I'm exercising to get back to 135 pounds. But in my head, I feel like even if I lost that weight I'm still that fattychan that stretches brand....

>>7303281
Don't be worried because people are gonna be assholes no matter who you try to please, or how passive/"nice" you are to everyone. And if they decide to spread rumors, then hold your head up and move on. Just act normal about it, and say you're interested in x or y brand, and want to know more about the fashion as a whole.

>> No.7303597

>>7303594
sorry, misfire
>>7303555

>> No.7303602

>>7303111
The back fat is actually something I didn't touch on, holy shit. If you lay down the wrong way it pinches together and hurts like a bitch! Sigh. Guess we'll just be aliens together, Anon.

>> No.7303612

>>7303477
Not eating carbs. Fiancé lost 60 pounds in a month in a half. It was pretty much all fat.
I could also settle with around 60 pounds, since I've got quite a bit of muscle, but I want to be dainty for once in my life.
>inb4 "that's so unhealthy"

>> No.7303616

>Tfw I put a ton effort into my coords, I save up money from my minimum wage job to buy secondhand brand and indie pieces. I'm very average looking but I wear flattering makeup and style my hair nicely, and go to the gym to maintain a nice figure.

>Tfw 90% of my comm wear nothing but ill-fitting bodyline and tacky ebay dresses and cannot coord for shit. The majority don't wear makeup, and of those who do, it's badly applied. Most of them are overweight but never make any effort to diet or exercise and instead just complain about how hard it is being a 'bigger' lolita. All this and they never improve, it's like they're blind to how bad they look or assume that the rules don't apply to them.

>I only go to meets because I have nowhere else to wear lolita, but I hate being out in public with my comm, it's embarrassing.

Does anyone know this feel? Or am I just a horrible elitist?

>> No.7303619

>>7303616
No, that sounds terrible. I don't blame you at all. I'm guessing there are no other comma near you?

>> No.7303626

>>7303616

>I only go to meets because I have nowhere else to wear lolita, but I hate being out in public with my comm, it's embarrassing.

Consider what is more embarrassing, wearing Lolita and being seen with the hot mess of your comm, or being a nice looking lone Lolita?
Idk but I rather wear Lolita lone than with such a comm. Still takes courage, but if you can go out with such a comm, you can go out in Lolita alone too.

>> No.7303630

>>7303619
That's the only one unfortunately, and right now I don't have the money to travel very far.

>>7303626
This is true, but I'm actually also afraid of offending people if I stop going to meets. They aren't horrible, just really ita, and I'm sure they'd feel quite bad if they knew I still wore the fashion but didn't want to see them anymore.

>> No.7303633
File: 492 KB, 480x208, tumblr_ll3xiyQA131qbo2oq.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303592
>better looking friend
preach girl preach. Not that anon you were replying to, but my best friend is just constantly being hit on/given numbers/cat called. I love her to bits and she's the best, but damn bitch! She already has a boyfriend but still plays up on all the attention she gets, meanwhile I get ignored. At this point it feels like all the makeup & cute clothes in the world won't get me noticed until we stop hanging out.
Someday we'll be pretty, anonfriend.

>> No.7303638

> tfw tall
> tfw fat
> tfw currently losing that weight but you'll know there's a good chance you'll end up with excess skin, and there's only one way to get rid of that.

I'll never be a kawaii petite girl that can wear all the jfashion she wants. Same goes for cosplaying because I'm too tall for the cute characters but don't have the face for most crossplays (potato nose and round face)

>> No.7303649
File: 70 KB, 420x294, 43562652.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303633

Anon you were responding to, yes, I feel you.
My friend also gets constantyl hit on, given numbers or free drinks or whatever attention possible. She does not even TRY to get any attention, and has currently no interest in boys, but damn, that won't stop anyone.

The worst is, I do not even feel like I would get noticed if we stopped hanging out.
I just feel that there is something about me, I don't know if it is my aura or the way I look or both, that makes me invisible or undesireable to men. I am just doing something wrong. Or something about me IS wrong, idk.
And no amount of make up or pretty clothes can ever change that. That I am not very attractive or sexy doesn't make iit better.

>> No.7303656

>>7302774

I know this feel. I shop my nose and jawline in every photo, and even though I know it's really really obvious (And I often joke about how obvious it is.) I still do it anyway because I can't bear the idea of there being documentation of how hideous I am.

>> No.7303660

>>7302442

Eh, I got posted a bunch a while back (I've really improved according to my friends.) and it's weirdly not that bad. Initially I was like "oh", but then I realized that I wasn't bothered about being posted because I'd accepted I looked shitty, it was mostly the shit people were saying about my character that stung.

>> No.7303664

>>7303522
>have had period since december 28
This caught my eye because I have been on my period for like a month now, and I don't know who to talk to about this. I don't have a doctor. I don't know if this is somewhat normal or if something about my lifestyle really needs to change or there's something else wrong or what.

>> No.7303663

>>7303649

Shame you can't post pictures, as a guy (and probably other guys lurking here as well) could give you some friendly feedback.

>> No.7303670

>>7303325

I still have interest in lolita, I just don't really like any of the things I own that much, or I love them but hate how they look on me. The only thing in my wardrobe that I still love is my Invited to a Party OP and DDC skirt.

I just feel too fat for lolita and ashamed whenever I wear any of my clothes. Even though I kind of know I'm not fat, I fit into unshirred brand, I still feel fat and disgusting and like I just look like I'm bursting out of everything and I just feel so ashamed all of the time.

I'd try to sell stuff, but the knowledge that I wouldn't get the same amount as what I paid for them kind of stings, especially when a few of the items were found to be damaged beyond what the seller mentioned.

Even if I did manage to sell them, I'd probably have to spend the money on other things and it'd just be awful.

I bought some new things and sold all my Bodyline recently, hopefully that will help.

>> No.7303674

>>7303664
Are you on any contraceptive medicine? I had my period for about 4 weeks when I switched my contraceptive pill, so while I'm not an expert it could be due to a hormone imbalance.
You should definitely get it checked out though, if you don't have a doctor, go to the hospital or health centre?

>> No.7303677

>>7303664
The length of mine is definitely due to the copper IUD, like >>7303674 said it could be something with your BC and if you're not on any, sometimes bodies just seem to fuck up and forget what they're doing. I hope it regulates again for you, because it really does suck.

>> No.7303685

>>7303352
It doesn't get easier the older you get. I'm 27 and I get shit like this all the time. I somehow can't make people understand that my fear of driving extends beyond the normal anxieties of a new driver.

I've been on anxiety medication for a few months now and even with it, I am anxious and fearful enough that I consider myself an unsafe driver. I even get nervous pushing shopping carts.

I've taken several driver's ed courses, but I still lock up every time I'm on the road with other cars. My vision goes blurry, I lose all coordination and I have trouble breathing. I've blacked out on the road once or twice, too. A driving instructor once made me merge across three lanes of traffic and I don't remember doing it. Like I said, shit's not safe. I would rather nut up and admit that I'm struggling with it--and may not ever be able to do it--than endanger myself and everyone around me.

My friends (two in particular) still bug me about it. I just tell them I'm working on it and don't discuss it with them. I could explain until I'm blue in the face and they won't understand. I haven't even bothered to tell them that my medicines have effected my ability to drive last time I tried.

One of them was on a medication that gave her seizures, her doctor told her not to drive until she was done taking it and she still drove (and stroked out while she was on the road once). So yeah, wrong audience.

>> No.7303687

>>7303456
don't listen to /cgl/, we're all assholes

>> No.7303691

>>7303633
>>7303649
oh I feel you both.
its fucking horrible, because I'm shy as is, but when I hang out in a group, people literally interuppt me to tell my cute friend how cute she is.
we'll go around telling stories in a circle, and as soon as its my turn, "awww anon's friend you're so cute"
after three straight days of this I ended up crying. I get I'm not cute, but its fucking horrible that guys are so shallow and gross.

>> No.7303693

>>7303649
Keep trying girl. I feel like sometimes it's just confidence that can make or break a look - and shooting yourself in the foot by not believing in your own looks can definitely give off a bad vibe. I think my friend - aside from being really cute - gets guys because she gives off a certain feel of knowing who she is and what she wants. Keep smiling & keep your head up. Like i said - we'll be pretty someday! Until then, hugs and whiskey.

>> No.7303695

>>7303691

>tfw I can't see cute as a compliment any more because the amount of times people have told me other girls are hot, but I'm cute.

>> No.7303705

>>7303691

>its fucking horrible that guys are so shallow and gross.

So people should come up and tell you that you are cute just to be nice, even if they don't think so? Would you go around and tell guys they are good looking even if they aren't just to be nice?

>> No.7303707
File: 493 KB, 500x290, 1389811562413.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw dream dress set comes up for super cheap
>message seller
>it's been 2 fucking hours and the seller hasn't gotten back to me yet
>tfw in dress limbo
fuck COME ON I'm so on edge, I have no idea if people messaged her about it before me or not either. It's my preferred colorway and cut, so I'm just on the edge of my seat here refreshing FB maniacally.

>> No.7303708
File: 85 KB, 720x646, yeah.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw your friends are apprehensive about you getting into Attack on Titan
>tfw they're balls deep in the Doctor Who fandom

At least my cosplays would have wicked prop work and wouldnt be disappointingly casual

>> No.7303715
File: 22 KB, 444x322, but thats wrong.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw your friend wishes there was more Homestuck at cons than Hetalia
>"I dont know, Warden, Hetalia fans are just so obnoxious"
>do you even Homestuck

I cant wait to bring her to Sakuracon so she can see the festering cancer that is Homestuck, and see if she changes her mind.

>> No.7303717

>>7303592
>>7303633
>>7303649
>>7303691
Are you girls dating anyone right now? I've struggled with this problem for a long time and being in a relationship makes you care much less about these things.

Don't wait for guys to ask for your number, be more agressive and show interest as well. Many guys feel anxious about asking girls out unless they have a clear sign that the girl wants it.

>> No.7303718

So fucking mad.
I placed an order for the new Krad Lanrette dress 3 days ago with Clobba

3 days later, no dress, no order, the fucking thing is sold out.
When I placed the order there were plenty and he dropped the ball.

Fuck him. I need a better taobao agent.

>> No.7303722

>>7303691
>be white and completely average looking
>have extremely hot model-tier black friend
>secretly happy when someone is racist towards her
I hate myself so much, I don't know where this envy is coming from. We don't even like the same type of men

>> No.7303724

>>7303722
What sort of men do you two like?

>> No.7303727

>>7303724
I like skinny dudes and she loves big hairy metalheads with muscles. We never had any guy drama, and still, all that jelly.

>> No.7303729
File: 1.05 MB, 320x240, sallgood.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303333
That is awesome.

I'm so looking forward to being done with school. I looked at my FedDirect account and I could theoretically pay off my student loans in 2.5/3-5 years, assuming that I move back with my folks, that I work at least a 40 hour work week at $9-11/hour, and my main expenses include gas and a monthly deposit to my retirement account.

>and still have enough left over to buy a lolita piece once a month.

>> No.7303731
File: 51 KB, 592x448, 1358561132885.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just started a new video game
>fun and cool character designs
>game is dead and hardly anyone plays it anymore, devs have abandoned it
>want to cosplay one of the characters but ded gaem
Also hardly anyone has cosplayed from it and I'd feel weird being the first to cosplay a character.

>> No.7303735

>>7303731
what game, anon?

>> No.7303737

>>7303717

>>7303691here
I'm dating someone, and the people I hang out with are my bf's friends.
its been months, and I'm still just "that guy's girlfriend" because I'm never given given the chance to talk. and boy, do I try.

>>7303705
no, people shouldn't interrupt me to fawn over and compliment a girl that is taken. its been four months, and no matter what I say, or how loud I say it, the subject is always changed to how cute and pretty my friend is. that's beyond fucked up.

>> No.7303741
File: 88 KB, 540x720, 987654323456789.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303663

Here, I give up and commit anonymus attention whoring. At least I am wearing Lolita, so kinda on topic.
To be honest, I barely have photos of myself, because I am absolutley unphotogenic. This is the first photo in month that actually shows my body and a normal face (Even though it looks 10x fatter than it is).

>>7303691
Haha, I know that feel! The amounts of times that I have been approached by a guy only to be asked if my friend is still single / if he can have her number / if I could get her to speak to him is depressing.

>>7303693
Thanks for your kind words, hugs to you too!

>> No.7303743

>>7303717
No, unfortunately, but I am pretty forward. I've already started giving guys my number if I think they're interesting or cute - the one guy it did work with told me he wasn't 'actually attracted' to me though. ouch.
I figure I'll find someone eventually, but damn has my self esteem taken a bruising in the meantime.

>> No.7303744

>>7303727
Sounds like you're just really, really insecure, anon. I imagine you'd feel the same if she were another white girl; you just want validation that's she not AS pretty as she seems to be, or that people still may find her unattractive.

>> No.7303749

>>7303717

>>7303649 Anon here.
I had a relationship that lasted about one year, and the last month were a horrible mess, where my ex-bf constantly told me I was not only fat (he started sports, and the fitter he got, the more he'd pick on me) but also lame and boring in conversations and in general (what hurt me more than being called fat, haha).
I know this might be bullshit. But my first relationship somehwo left me with lower self esteem then before, because now I am thinking "I tried and failed". Not to mention I still feel like men are... I don't know, alien creatures. The amount of men I actually talked to alone and for mor that 10 minutes cn be counted on one hand...

>> No.7303755

>>7303741
looks pretty good to me. would swap. love your lips and eyebrows and that dress is fantastic.

>> No.7303762

>tfw gained 40 pounds after high school kept it in college
>been trying to lose it unsuccessfully for a while now
>best friend who I love to death has been riding high on the fat acceptance train since '10
>keeps telling me it's not a big deal when it's one of my biggest focus if I'm not distracted with work or hobbies
I love her but damn I feel like I'm useless for being fat and useless for not trying harder.

>> No.7303768

>>7303762
What have you been doing to try to lose weight (changes in diet, exercise, how regularly, etc.)? Any other health issues? Maybe we can help you get on the right track.

>> No.7303784

>>7303749
>>7303741
>>7303737
>>7303722

Anons, it's natural to be jel. The reason why those girls get attention is because guys often prefer a certain type and even if you're super gorgeous if you aren't that type you won't get as much attention.
Thing is, and I'm not trying to sound like an obnoxious cunt who smells her own farts, I get complimented a lot... by women. Seriously, every day I get at least one outfit/makeup/hair compliment but to men I'm completely invisible. I don't feel bad about that since I'm married and don't really want to bother with PUAs and bros and such, but I used to when I was younger.

You just don't fit a certain aesthetic, which is cool because not all of us can. I'm flat-chested and gamine, have dark hair and eyes and will never get hit on like my hot blonde Scandinavian classmates, but c'est la vie.

>> No.7303790

>>7303638
Are you me?
I'm 5'10 and get mistaken for being pregnant because all my bodyfat is on my gut.
Even if I did lose the weight, my frame's still too amazonian for burando.

>> No.7303792

>>7303784
honestly, I think I look fine. the girl everyone fawns over is asian.

It wouldn't upset me at all if I wasn't constantly being interrupted and ignored.

>> No.7303793

>>7303741
I think a different hairstyle and maybe a change of makeup would do you a lot more justice. The red lipstick is a bit too much of a contrast with your skin tone unless you're wearing other heavy makeup, and I think a down style would complement your face shape better.

>> No.7303794

>>7302496
>not buying a road bike and cycling everywhere and getting toned as fuck in the process

Now if only the US wasn't so bike unfriendly

>> No.7303797

>>7303790
I saw a six foot one girl in burando the other day. adjustable straps. she looked gorgeous. I'm 5'11, stop making excuses.

>> No.7303800

>>7303281
Well, you can always stalk the local community for a meet and suddenly pop out like "woah are you princesses?!" And girls will answer you that it's lolita fashion and you can tell them you heard something about it. I think it would work and they could get you into the community :)

>> No.7303801

>>7303784
>I'm flat-chested and gamine, have dark hair and eyes

You sound way more attractive to me than the blonde Scandinavians, but that's just my type I suppose.

>> No.7303805

>>7302559
>lemonade flush
>not eating after 6
Or she can just use the proven method of obeying the laws of thermodynamics and just you know...calorie count to lose weight.

>> No.7303812

>>7303800
Lol that sounds creepy as all hell.

Might as well just walk up and talk to them normally instead, all I have to do is go to Little Tokyo on a weekend if I want to run into a whole pack of lolitas reliably. But I'm not really a creeper like that in general. If I walk up to somebody it's because I randomly saw them and either just wanted to say something about the outfit or if I'm actually interested in them it's just "hey, cute girl in a cute outfit." Although in the latter case I'm way too beta to walk up if I'm thinking of it like hitting on them, that only happens if I'm in a group and somebody else in it shows up in loli stuff.

>> No.7303813

>>7303797
I'm wasn't implying tall girls couldn't pull it off. I've seen many examples where they have. My shoulders are broad, ribcage is wide, and I have a long torso. I'd have to get custom made indie because of my crazy body.

>> No.7303816

>ballet dancer
>feet of a hobbit with soles thick as your mum
>toenails cut to the nerve
>thighs to choke a gorilla
>"how elegant you are in that costume!"
>sweating like a sinner in church
>rash on my crotch folds from leotard friction
>can arm wrestle Dwayne Johnson
why.jpg

>> No.7303819

>>7303790
I feel you, though my weight seems to have stuck itself to my legs. No matter the weight I'll lose, I'll still have big calves and thighs.

>>7303797
Oh there are enough tall girls that can pull of lolita perfectly well, but sometimes genetics suck and proportions work against a lot. I don't think my long torso will ever look good in those short lolita bodices.

>> No.7303823

>>7303813
try salopettes, I've seen tall girls pull them off, and if you have a wide ribcage, it should be fine on you.

salopettes that can fit pettis though, other salopettes look like ass

>> No.7303826

>>7303801
Yeah, like I said, only women find me attractive, no man ever did
Now if you'll excuse me I'll be in Les Bos for my daily dose of compliments

>> No.7303829

>>7303823
also forgot to mention, hauneuli.
first dress that fit me. I nearly cried in joy. they are made for giants.
It kind of entertains me to hear short girls complaining about not fitting her dresses, while I on the otherhand finally have something to fit in to

>> No.7303833

>>7303793

I've heard people complaining about my lipstick(s) a few times already, haha! I don't know, I just love lipstick (and it looked nice irl).
I think it is a matter of taste. Love it or hate it, but I find "natural" looking lips mostly boring. I hate heavy eye make up (and my eyes are boring brown, and my eye lashes average) and I like the shape of my lips, so if I can't emphasize on my eyes I draw attention to another feature that I like.

>> No.7303837

>>7303823
I will keep this in mind and continue to lurk until I've lost my extra baggage!

>> No.7303839

>>7303829
As a petite girl I can confirm this. My Royal Kitten skirt goes a bit below my knees with a petticoat under it.

>> No.7303851
File: 40 KB, 500x364, 7375769987.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303833

dropped my pic

>> No.7303883

>>7303826
I'm a guy, actually.

But it's not unusual for me to like girls that girls like and guys don't. I have a lesbian's taste I guess.

>> No.7303917

>>7303839
How talk are you? I want one of tier skirts but I'm 90% sure it's going to be tea length on me.

>> No.7303919

>>7303917
Tall, their. Jesus Christ phone.

>> No.7303930

>>7303768
I don't have any serious health issues except I have to eat small meals all the time. If I don't eat within certain hours my body starts to shake and I get light headed. I don't really have a routine, my work hours are constantly changing so I've just been cycling for 30-50 mins as doing very basic weight exercises. I miss taking gym classes, I think having those helps me keep it up and being by myself working out is hard to keep with it.

>> No.7303947
File: 35 KB, 472x390, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finds a shopping service to snag AP Omekashi doll set
>SS fails to grab one
>tries auctioning but they end up outbidding me for like 19,000-22,000 ridiculous yen
>allmywhat
>ap lucky packs get rereleased for the second time
>SS failed to snag one again
>finds aatp briar rabbit's passage on auction, puts 24,999 yen as max
>winning bid is 25,000 (not sure who won since SS didn't get back to me)
>allmywhy
>it's literally impossible to grab a lucky pack due to demand
>cry inside for a bit
> I'm ready to give up and request refund at any time soon
>what to do?

Siiiigh..... This makes me really sad, but I quietly laugh because of how desperate these lolis are to snag them due to their high price.

>> No.7303955

>>7303947

I gave up on lucky packs after last year, because I sat down and realized how low the quality of LP items are. Don't beat yourself up over it anon.

>> No.7304103

>>7303691
>shallow
Everyone is shallow, not just men.

>> No.7304288

I really, really want more Lolita friends. My best friend is someone I got into Lolita and I have some people in my comm that I really like, but they're already super close with each other and I feel like such an intruder when I try to become better friends. They hardly ever start talking to me on their own initiative online, and the conversation always dies out after a while... IRL they're the sweetest things and we do hang out sometimes and talk a lot but I just don't feel the love, man. I wish I could feel the love.

>tfw want the Lolita love

>> No.7304349

I've never felt so content knowing I'll take my life soon. Can you seagulls give me a reason why I should keep living?

>> No.7304365

>>7303039
I don't know which procedure your therapist told you about, but if your ligament is partially or fully severed, you'll need a new ligament to replace it because severed ACLs do not heal. It depends on how it's torn; minor tears can go sometimes without treatment, but eventually something will need to be done about it. If you procrastinate on required surgery for cartilage or ligament injuries, you may develop arthritis and eventually will need an entire knee replacement. Have you had your MRI yet? The people who do the MRI will be able to read and diagnose it and tell you what's going on in there. From there, you should discuss your options with a surgeon. It's a lengthy process, but it beats limping forever.

>> No.7304377

>>7302459
You could probably try getting one of those binders...? A friend of mine is thinking about getting one for cosplay. It would probably be a pain though :(

>> No.7304384

>>7302478
You can do it!

>> No.7304389

>>7302481
This is the worst! I can only fit some brand, it was even worse as a noob when bodyline didn't fit me!

>> No.7304393

>>7304365
Note I left out: the ACL can heal on its own, but only to a certain degree. It can't fully heal and become 100% operational again. Whether you get surgery depends on your age, health risk factors, and level of activity you want to return to. With your desired level of activity, yeah, you'll probably need surgery--but I dunno, I'm not a doctor. You definitely need an MRI first, if you haven't gotten one. But don't freak out, it's not too bad. I just got back from my physical therapist trying to dismember me and I'm still glad I went through with the surgery. Being limited forever because surgery is scary would suck.

>> No.7304400

>>7302669
If they did this, chances are you pay them back just by being a friend. I love buying my friends stuff, and chances are, they genuinely wanted you to be there!
Wow this sounds corny but yeah

>> No.7304410

>>7302747
Try a wig? I'll be buying a nice black wig soon, since I have crazy-colored hair which clashes with most of my coords.

>> No.7304450

>>7302481
yeah but if you are smaller, you can hem and take in stuff. if you're big, there's no hope for you. at all.

>> No.7304489

>>7304349
I wish I had a really flowery thing to say, but I can't come up with anything that wouldn't be lying, since I don't know you.

But if you keep going, anon, you WILL have the chance to fuck all your troubles in the butt and they'll be sorry to have ever messed with you. You CAN become stronger, and you CAN be loved, and you can do amazing things if only you keep going, anon. You can recover. Don't let this best you. Best the troubles instead.

>> No.7304559
File: 38 KB, 119x150, statix.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7304349
After death, there's most probably nothing, or maybe there is heaven, maybe nirvana, but who cares? We'll care when we'll die.
Until then, why don't you just fully go through this life, till the end? Because who knows what comes afterwards, it may be better, it may be worse. But until then, just live it, there's only just a few years left anyway.
And if you feel it's so shitty that you can't take it anymore, just remember: you can always commit suicide. Know that if anything were to happen, you'll always be able to exit this game.
And if you feel so empty, then do shit you've always wanted to do.
When I was in highschool, I really wanted to kill myself, but there was ONE thing that I really had to do if I died; I wanted to do a school shooting. It just never got to it and here I am. I still don't want to live, but eh, I don't want to die a virgin.

>> No.7304575

>>7304349
you won't be able to wear new clothes when you're dead

>> No.7304584

>>7304349
because I'll be your friend if you don't.
:>

>> No.7304586

>>7304349
you won't see any new releases if you die.

>> No.7304591

>>7303219
I think its great!
Of course, there will always be idiots who just aren't cool with a guy wearing "girl clothes" but ignore them!
As long as you don't act like a total creep, have decent coordinates, shave your legs if they're going to be showing, don't be rude, do nice makeup, and you'll be great!

>> No.7304598

>>7303299
I know it isn't as fun as having somebody irl, but I'm sure there's somebody out there onlline!

>> No.7304610

>>7303342
I'd love to have sex in lolita, not because I fetishize it, but because its a big part of my life and so I guess it just makes sense, ya know?

>> No.7304751

Not really related to the topic, but I'm afraid my bf is cheating on me. Reading things like this only makes me feel more anxious >>>/r9k/10281101

>> No.7305044

>>7304377
I find that binders give more a boobloaf look and that's terrible.

>> No.7305049

>>7303705
>thinks butting into a conversation purely to voice opinion on the physical appearance of a woman is acceptable when it is neither asked for or wanted

This has nothing to do with "being nice", just scum lacking manners. Anon doesn't necessarily want people to come up and call her cute, just common courtesy that should be given to everyone.

>> No.7305105

>tfw no gothic cgl gf 2 dress all black all day w/

>> No.7305113

>>7304751
If you have valid reasons for being scared, confront him and dump him. Also I wouldn't trust /r9k/ they're a bunch of fags.

>> No.7305142

>>7304393
Jeez, thanks so much for this. No, I haven't had my MRI yet, and apparently my ACL healed as much as it could have but it's still unstable for what I want to do.

I figure, because my family has had a history of degrading joints, it would be better to do it now when I'm 18 and have a supposedly abnormally good healing process or something than later, haha. I'll book an appointment with my physiotherapist and meet a surgeon. Thanks!

>> No.7305140

>>7305105
>tfw no shiro loli to contrast twin with

>> No.7305153

>>7303741
TBH anon I think you're really pretty. I love your face-shape, and you've got a great and wicked smile and fantastic 'brows. My opinion may not be what you're looking for because I'm not a dude, but if I was (or you swung that way), would def flirt with. If this is just an "average" pic of you then dang, I'm impressed.

>> No.7305151
File: 32 KB, 500x375, 1197046345154.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have friend with benefits
>he implied he was in an open relationship with his overseas gf
>I'm okay with this
>have great sex a bunch of times
>eventually get suspicious
>it's not an open relationship, he's just cheating
>he wants me to be his mistress
>nope.avi
>stop seeing him
>he keeps trying to get me back for booty calls
>he claims to have legitimate feelings for me
>he gets engaged on New Years
>even after that he still tries to guilt me into coming back to sleep with him
>claims he's not polyamorous
>what the fuck

leave me alone jesus christ

(/cgl/ relevance: they met at a con, which is one of the only times they see each other each year)

>> No.7305163

>>7304559
>not using the opportunity to become freelance assassin, going out in a blaze of glory after shooting as many corrupt politicions and unpunished criminals as you can
fucking pleb

>> No.7305172

>>7303633
>>7303707
whats with all the gerard way gifs

he used to be my crush in middle school..

>>7303741
girl you are pretty, just change your hair

>>7304751
dont listen to ANYTHING r9k says. confront him. if you think he's cheating, just dump him.

>> No.7305183

>>7305151
block him. the end

and now for MY FEEL
>sweet lolita since forever
>start interest in gothic and classic
>dem beautiful gothic and classic coords with dark colors and elegance
>feel bad because i dont want to wear sweet anymore
>feel bad because my wardrobe is all based on the color pink and brown
>feel bad because no deep navy, wine, or green colorways in closet
>buy my first non-sweet dress
>gorgeous AatP St Mephisto Cathedrale
>its really not that great
>fucking bored of the print, shit aint kawaii
>it actually makes me love sweet more
>fuckthis.jpg, i want to wear DONUTS AND BUNNIES AND ICE CREAM
>sell mephisto
>continue with my happy sweet loli life
>happy because i have realized who i ~**~*~**~truly am*~*~**~*

>> No.7305184

>>7305142
Why is your family so disrespectful toward joints? They work really hard.

>> No.7305272
File: 54 KB, 436x336, 1349896382255.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7305151
I'm in a (kind of) similar situation. Not as bad, but I've been needing to vent about it for a while.
>fwb, playfully flirt a bit
>sorta long distance (only one state away)
>both sort of agree we'd date if not for the distance
>really want to be able to hang out with him at cons but can't because he has a female friend who's super clingy and controlling and gets mad whenever he talks to other people
>one of those girls who let tumblr notes and her pic featured in some article get to her head
>says they're not dating and he only puts up with her to keep her from doing something drastic like killing herself or whatever
>she supposedly flipped out the first time I went to go visit him
>mfw I honestly have no idea what's going on between them and whether or not I should just back out of this, get over my anxiety issues, go out and socialize and find a qt local boy so I can just get over it

>> No.7305283

>>7305272
Ask yourself: do I need to deal with this shit?

>> No.7305293

>>7305272
Anon you were quoting, here. Option #2 sounds way better for you. You have to look out for yourself and your own needs first. if he's got some weird human barnacle attached to him, he won't have much room for you to really be in his life.

>> No.7305294
File: 150 KB, 436x416, forbidden love desu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Tfw in a desired, happy relationship, no sign of a breakup
>starting to worry about getting older before I get a chance to fully pursue my gay side
>Constantly paranoid that actually I'm gay, not bi, despite awesome relationship
>and when I finally get around to making my 'debut' I'll be old and wrinkly and get no qts

Older is only hot when you're not the older one. But If it wasn't this, I'd think of some other thing to get in the way of my current happiness anyway.

>> No.7305306

>>7305142
Of course! I can't believe you haven't had an MRI yet; you definitely need one to be sure of what's going on with your injury. They thought my injury was an ACL injury at first, too, so fingers crossed that yours is cartilage damage or something else more easily repaired. And if not, gank the dead person's ligament. I'm sure you'll be fine, though. Hit me up if you need a post-surgery buddy because you'll be bored as hell post-op; same username here as facebook and dA.

>> No.7305331

>>7305306
Jeez, thanks so much. I'll definitely look into it!

>> No.7305348

Good feels for once! I started working on putting together a dress today, and I also got one of my overbust corsets in the mail today. It feels so nice, and I just like the look so much better...

This is what it's like, to feel a little bit pretty *u*

>> No.7305356

ARGH I HAVE SO MANY MIXED FEELINGS ITS KILLING ME

>be in anime club at college
>it is weeaboo galore, but still fun
>be "the anime artist"
>wow anon ir amazing wow wow
>leave college to move across the country because family reasons
>there is this weeaboo girl, but still pretty chill and nice (but you know, is a total weeb)
>receive a text from friend
>its a picture of her in lolita at school with a greasy weeb in the background trying to act uguu
>"she is such a cute loli ^w^"
>the dress is a fucking bodyline/milanoo lace monster with maxipad headdress
>the weebs are oogling it
>"omg club so fun haha"
>already sad because can't see friends at club
>can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of hated and elitism but also feeling lonely
I feel like such a bitter cunt, /cgl/.
What do? How do I get over this shit? It feels so awful.

>> No.7305371
File: 54 KB, 1280x720, MAI WAIFU.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm becoming a full blown misanthrope and I don't know how to stop it.

>> No.7305373

>>7305356
I fucking hate it when someone cuter than you does lolita, and they do it horribly, but everyone treats it like "the best thing ever" because they are cuter.

HATTEEEEE it. fucking gets under my skin. so I'm just going to tell you.
you look better, 100%. those weebs are absolute retards, I mean, fuck, they are weebs in college for gods sake, grow up. all of this positive attention probably makes her think she's "omg the best lolita evahh!11"
you should bring her to a lolita meetup, where she will undoubtoubly be given the stink eye for thinking she's a great lolita and looking like ass.
hopefully, that will scare her out of the fashion. sorry if I sound bitter as hell, but I went through the same experience and its painful as hell

>> No.7305379

>>7305373
This is exactly how I feel, oh my god.

anon, it's like we were meant to be friends.

I just felt so rageful and disgusting seeing those texts. Ugh.

>> No.7305391

>>7305379
tell her to find a comm and go to a meetup in her area, teehee

>> No.7305394

>>7305379
To add onto this, I kind of feel like a queen who's throne was unrightfully taken from her.
I was the ring-leader of the club and I know it sounds super silly and idiotic, but I feel like my kingdom was taken over by a fucking raschel-laced piece of shit

>> No.7305401

>>7305391
I'd love to. But she is also kind of nice to me and is friends with most of my friends.
I'd have my sick desire of watching her get smacked down by the comm, but its either backfire or make me feel like shit afterwards.
Also, next week the anime club is hosting a "cosplay day" next Friday.

>> No.7305419

>>7305183
good for you

>> No.7305423

>>7305401
Woah those typos and missing words.
Basically, I'd love to see a comm. Nitpick every last piece of polyester in that dress. But I pride myself in being a really nice person. Not even two-faced, just being nice and staying out of trouble. Its just that this whole "supreme loli xD" thing is majorly bugging me.

>> No.7305433

>>7305379
To be fair, it's probably not just the lolita and cute thing here, you're probably both also experiencing that weir territorial friend jealousy.
It makes my blood run cold. I'm so territorial even though I'm pretty shit to my friends.

>> No.7305438

>>7303063
Australia - and according to what I've seen from the other states, the state I'm in actually has one of the most decent HS groups. Which says a lot.

The weeb group insists on cosplaying into the city every single week in shitty costumes for some reason, too.

>> No.7305471
File: 462 KB, 400x235, tumblr_lpm9dkF80I1qbhz8v.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>my friend is a dead ringer from a character in this series in both attitude and looks
>mfw i successfully get her into the fandom

>> No.7305501
File: 496 KB, 500x245, tumblr_lvsdw66cVw1r6wzwlo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>feel guilty because i did the least amount of work on my group's cosplays
>plan on sewing hoodies for everyone with the show's insignia on it to thank everyone for their hard work
>other member of group just bought everyone t-shirts with the same insignia as holiday presents
>welp

>> No.7305507

>>7305501
surprise them with cake?
everyone loves cake
or macarons
mmmm

>> No.7305510

>>7305507
I live far away from everyone which is why I ended up doing the least amount of work, I think I'll just bide my time until I can come up with something else I think everyone will like.

>> No.7305526

>>7305401
you know what >>7305373
here.
the girl I'm speaking to says "nya" after each fucking sentence. online, in person, even on her school fucking papers. she's really nice.
but it gets to her fucking head though she wont admit it. and if she's really that nice, scaring her out of the fashion is the best thing you could do for her.
you know you want to be the cutest. you dress better than her anyway, don't let her represent "lolita" at your college.
because honestly, with as much attention as she gets, she represents it more than you, and thats aggravating.

>> No.7305581

>>7304591
Not a brolita, just a fan of the style. I don't intend to wear the stuff. (Hell, even if I wanted to I'm way too big to fit in almost anything haha.)

>> No.7305650

>>7305294

I literally think you are me. I fucking feel you, anon.

>> No.7305666

>>7303955
Agreed anon, I guess I'll have to ask for a refund then.

>> No.7305700

>>7303708
>wicked prop work
>disappointingly casual
>Attack on Titan
anon pls

>> No.7305733
File: 53 KB, 350x266, 1315279776501.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I spent my holiday bonus making a cosplay for someone for a group I really wanted who wore it for 5 minutes with me then took it off. I funded everything for it. Got nice fabric, about $100+ worth of craft foam and supplies. I even got them a lace front wig in a color that would look nicer on they're skin. It was last minute, but I was determined to bust my ass making it look as nice as possible, maybe even average tier at the best. I sacrificed details on my own work and stayed up for two days straight towards the end to ensure that this got done on top of work and school obligations. When it came time to put it all on, they kept fussing about how they looked in it, that people would laugh at them because they're bigger (even though the character is canonically big and we made sure everything flattered them ). That they didn't even want to do the character anyway, or anymore, even though they agreed to do it from the start. I know they weren't being intentionally mean, just socially awkward, but still I'm just...I fucking made this for you on my own dime and time and all you can do is complain about it? In front of me? I even told them many times that if they didn't want to wear it out they could take it off, but they didn't. I'd much rather have them not wear something I make then listen to them whine about not liking what they're in while they're still wearing it and I'm standing right there. They're keeping the wig and the coat to salvage for something else, but everything else got thrown out because keeping it would have made me upset. I've had to delete all the refs I saved and I've blocked the characters tag so I don't feel nauseous thinking about it again. That was so much of my money without even a sorry or a thank you. I can't even be mad, because it's probably my fault for wanting a group to pull through so badly, so I'm just trying to look at this as a life lesson and move past being bitter and upset.

>> No.7305740

>>7302432
>Week before AX 2013
>Furiously working on cosplays, sewing non stop
>Morning of con, sew down last detail
>Sewing machine breaks, doesn't move at all anymore
>Well, fuck, at least I finished
>After con, looking for sewing machine online
>Find one new for almost half off, no warranty
>Be a poorfag, decide to get it
>Think, there's no way I'd be that unlucky for /another/ machine to break on me
>Week before ALA 2014
>Furiously working on cosplays, 40% done
>Sewing machine breaks
>Again
>No warranty
>Not enough time to get new machine and finish cosplays before con
>Cue cussing and angry tears

>> No.7306217

>>7305733
Suck it up and sell the cosplay. She sounds like a shitty person from the start, you shouldn't have made the costume for her in the first place.

>> No.7306224

>>7305650
We could have an affair. A beautiful cgl affair.

>> No.7306237
File: 708 KB, 500x281, 1389052430090.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>friend in lolita comm wants to twin with popular print
>"Anon let's twin with blouses~"
>mfw I'm too fat to pull off blouses in jsks and always just wear a cardigan, bolero, or blazer
>"Anon let's wear ankle socks~"
>mfw I'm still too fat to have my ankles cut off like that and my legs will look sausagey
I should be thankful anyone would even come to me with such a proposition, but she doesn't understand that I will look ita and lardo in these items. I also don't really feel like spending more money to look like shit. It's nice of her to include me but..

>> No.7306239
File: 80 KB, 850x633, 1351204166019.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7305740
come here anon, you poor thing

>> No.7306269
File: 107 KB, 750x666, 01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>ordering from Mystery Garden
>order two blouses
>everything went well, order shipped today

>browse tumblr today
>mfw I saw dress in pic
>mfw this dress is comissioned from Mystery Garden

Holy mother of God, this dress looks SO beautiful. I can't wait to get my Mystery Garden items to check out the quality - if I like it, I'll ask her if she'd do such a comission again, because the dress looks so perfect ;_;

>> No.7306273

>>7303792
Have you tried getting really, really angry? Sad as it is, sometimes people need to be told what is, and is not, appropriate behavior, and what better way than to get mad? Worse comes to worst, you'll be known as "that bitch", but imo, it sounds as though it might be better than being invisible.

>> No.7306276

>>7302496
I had this problem too anon! Its ok, just keep trying. It took ages for me to get used to driving but i do it every day now: Just don't give up and i promise you can get there.
Also at least you are worried about causing an issue, theres tons of people on the road that don't think that far ahead! When you are driving ill bet you are one of the safest drivers on any given street.

>> No.7306277

>>7306237
If you go through with it, you should definitely ask to either go with cardigans or tights, if not both, or else the photograph will be used by those 'no fatties in lolita' idiots, rather than being an inspiring image of how all you need is a little thought to look fab in anything.

>> No.7306284

>>7302669
Awww you have the coolest friends. Have a great weekend and thank them often!

>> No.7306287

>postman refuses to deliver packages to me or leave postal slips to me in my apartment
>last week I confronted him while waiting for a package that was out for delivery
>he claims he wasn't sure it was for me since the name was spelled differently
>name is exactly the same
>waiting for package from taobao filled with custom made clothing that i've been waiting for for 6 months
>go downstairs to do laundry
>see postman and ask about my package
>outright told me he won't deliver packages
>he leaves
>mfw landlord was right behind me hiding in the stairwell
>mfw security camera was recording and he recorded it with his phone

This bitch is going to get fired so hard

I'm sick of his bullshit earlier this year I had about 3 AP packages almost get sent back to Japan because he didn't leave any fucking slips.

>> No.7306289

>>7305740
Poor thing, I know that feeling. :( My machine died on me after 25 hours of sewing a commission for a friend the day before AB 2013. My friend's commission was done, but I was SOL on a bonnet for myself, and ended up having to hand sew it.
Have you tried opening your machine up and cleaning it up? My last OMG!BorkedMachine!11! was fixed by a good clean out and oiling at home.

>> No.7306300

>>7303054
TTTTHHHHIIIIISSS All my bloody rage because all i want to do right now is be a cute kodona.
> 5'2" master race
>Thin everywhere else
> Big ass thighs
Damn it shorts will never look good on me.

>> No.7306303

today i'm going out wearing lolita for the first time ever. I'm terrified. Not of what random people are going to say but of what my mom is going to say when she sees me walking out of the house wearing a pink poofy dress.

>> No.7306306

>>7306300

>5'2 master race

Bahaha what kind of delusion is that.

>> No.7306310

>>7306306

Perfect height for lolita, good for nothing else.

>> No.7306312

>>7306306
>implying 5'2 not master race
>giantess detected
Let us know how the weather is up there

>> No.7306313

>>7306310

Most of the lolita models are like 5'4, though. I'd say 5'4-5'5 is the perfect height for lolita. Long enough legs but still petite.

>> No.7306315

>>7306287
Good on you to getting this person reported.

>> No.7306316

>>7306287

Wow, what an asshole! Glad you got this shit recorded, he deserves it.

I had problems with a postman too, who would not deliver packages but rather drop them at the post station (he did not even drive to our street!) without a notification. Two of my packages got sent back and I had to pay for shipping again because of this :/
We complained at our local post station and his route was changed before anything like your situation happened, thank god. Our new postman is a really nice and sweet old guy who always delivers without any problems. :)

But I am currently waiting for a package from America shipped with UPS, and I am not sure if they won't do the same as our old postman... Our street is small and hidden, and no one knows it even exists! So some delivery guys just don't bother looking it up.

>> No.7306320

>>7305526
I have to know anon. Where do you go to college? Sounds very much like an acquaintance of mine in college...

>> No.7306326

>>7306312

5'2 isn't master race. I'd say if you were going to call a short height 'master race' it'd be 5' since 6' is the master race height for guys. 5'2 is just a boring height to be.

>> No.7306330

>>7306269
holy shit do want!

>> No.7306334

>>7306326
5' sucks for burando though, I hate dresses going past my knees

>> No.7306342

>>7306326
Nah not them but I'm 5'2 and I'm just slightly shorter than everyone else and don't feel like I'm a boring height. I'm considered short by a lot of people and am small enough to fit into large kid's clothes.
And 5' exact that you said is 'master race' for girls is kind getting in midget territory since you're technically a midget at 4'11 or shorter.
Height doesn't matter much anyways though. Tall girls can look really pretty in things short people can't pull off, average height people are just in the middle and can usually wear whatever, and smaller girls can wear smaller clothes and can pull off some things that tall people can't.
So I never wanted to be a different height myself but I think no height is "boring" and they all have pros and cons to them.

>> No.7306367

>>7306342

It just struck me as a weird height to consider 'master race'. I guess people overuse that term so it gets on my nerves. I wasn't saying 5'2 was a bad height. If you're happy with your height than that's all that matters.

I know that 4'11 and under are technically midgets but it doesn't start to look weird (to me) until it gets down to under 4'8.

>>7306334

Also you can get things hemmed and such, so it's not that big of a deal. I wasn't referring to the best height for Lolita.

>> No.7306371
File: 949 KB, 300x234, 1239342023.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>fatty-chan, ~200lbs
>been chubby-to-fat as long as I can remember
>used to dress very plain and unflatteringly, baggy jeans and hoodies/jackets
>get into j-fashion (esp. lolita)
>start dressing more cute and feminine
>actually feel good about self even though I'm not skinny
>not in that "muh curves" or "i'm a ~real~ woman" sort of way
>genuinely think I'm rather cute
>pretty sure I'm not being delusional
>hope to become a cute fatty-chan who can do lolita right

>> No.7306410

>>7306371
Me too anon, me too. At 200lbs and 5'8, I'm the epitome of fatty-chan.

>> No.7306428
File: 161 KB, 450x338, 9876543456789.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7306371

>5'5
>140lbs
>already feel like a fatty-chan

Well, at least considering Lolita this might be somewhat true. I-I hope I can still do it...

>> No.7306460

>>7306371
You rock gurl

>> No.7306652

>>7303794
Just bought a bike to do this, but it's true. I live in the suburbs and in a place with snow so I haven;t been able to ride yet.
Once I get back to Uni I hope it's warm enough. Things will be close enough.

>> No.7306660

>>7306371
Why not just lose weight so you can be 100% positive you're not being delusional instead of just "pretty sure I'm not"?

>> No.7306724

Speaking of losing weight...anyway you can maximize how much calories you can burn while swimming? I heard people use leg weights in the water but I'm kind of freaked out by the idea.

>> No.7306746

>>7306660
Not much motivation since I don't feel bad about the way I look, and no one has ever made me personally feel bad about the way I look.
But, yeah, I certainly should aim to improve my lifestyle in whatever small ways I can. I just won't make it about weight.

>> No.7306810

Somehow I'm always stuck between two sizes. I don't get it. If it's not the bust it's the waist. WHY?

>> No.7306814

>>7306287
God, I hate these kind of postal workers. My post office is about 15 miles away, and I almost always have to go and get them because they're too fucking lazy to deliver. I've even waited at home on occasions, door open. Tracking said it was out for delivery. Check mail, it's not there. Postal worker left the slip. Fine, okay, go to the post office and they tell me that the package was with her and that she hasn't returned yet.
Call her out on it, and she pulls the dog card. Our dog is too fucking scared of everyone because she was abused.

Bullshit! Everytime!

>> No.7306824

Havent been to a con in fucking years because my anxiety disorder went from "kind of annoying" to "Full blown anxiety attacks in crowds"

>> No.7306848

I'm not working on my cosplay because I'm afraid it will look shitty on me. This makes me put everything off until the last minute so I rush and then because I don't have enough time to do good work, everything looks shitty on me.

>> No.7306927
File: 7 KB, 300x219, cantstop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have clinical depression and no people to talk to talk with or see, and my boyfriend can only talk to me at night for an hour and I only get to see him once a week so I'm alone at home all the time and /cgl/ is the only thing that I have and that I like to go check on.
Other than that I'll look up some dances or dress up and see what outfits I can put together but I have noone in to share stuff with or talk with so I go here to talk about clothes and stuff with people so I can be happy for a bit instead of constantly laying down in the same room at home feeling depressed and empty.
I've had a streak of bad luck though and I keep accidentally doing things to make people mad here and so they say things to me and I end up crying somewhat often because of it but I don't know what I'd do or who I would talk to and share things with if I didn’t have this site.
I tried posting in a couple /cgl/ friend searches to see if anyone interested in Jfashion lived near so I could make a good friend with similar interests, but I got no responses either time I posted… I used to have 2 good friends I hung out with a lot, but one moved to a different state and hardly talks to me anymore and my other friend’s mom got brain tumors and has been busy and stressed helping her and doesn’t have spare time and isn’t messaging anyone. At least once everything’s better me and her can talk and hang out again though.
I just wish I could have someone to talk to and someone to talk and dress Jfashion with and hang out sometimes. All I do at home is lay down and think, watch anime, wish I had someone to talk to, wish my boyfriend was here or could at least talk to me or text me, and go on /cgl/ which is mostly what I do but sometimes stuff on here really does hurt me and I don't want to have to stop going here, but I already am really depressed and hearing stuff on here really isn't helping.
It really is hard and I want to leave /cgl/ but I don’t know what I’d do without it.

>> No.7307109
File: 13 KB, 233x251, 1358029253707.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The feel when never dressed lolita and finally started your wardrobe this year and you get so excited about a meet only to realize you wont be getting the shoes in time neither the bag making impossible to coord the outfit because you literally have nothing else.

>> No.7307182

>>7306927
Where do you live? I have depression too, I understand how bad the isolation can be.

>> No.7307186

I`m so annoyed.
I had a question about fabric and no one was answering in the help thread, so I posted it on the facebook group for the biggest con I go to.
And a bunch of people start recommending me broadcloth and even silk (for a goddamn sailor uniform. SILK.)
This is the first time I`m sewing a cosplay and holy fucking shit even I know better than this. I put effort into research and into not looking like crap.

Also anyone who knows where I posted, please don`t blow my cover.

>> No.7307195

>>7306927
Hey anon, you sound a lot like me. I'd love to have a friend to talk about jfash, even if it's just online. Feel free to email me your Skype. (no creeping intended)

>> No.7307201

>>7307182
Do you live in the US? because I noticed a lot of people in the friend searches didn't

>> No.7307216

>>7307195
Oh that would be cool! I'll send you a message.

>> No.7307224

>>7307201
I do, in New England.

>> No.7307226
File: 247 KB, 500x378, imsensitive.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A couple rants/feels related to one another

I like cosplaying, I really do. It's frustrating at times but I still have great fun with friends and seeing them but I feel like I barely made any improvement in sewing over the years. It's either not enough time or money.

Even when I'm dressed as the characters I like, I always feel like I'm not good enough. It shows because I'm shy and nervous around other people and don't really take the initiative on asking for photos. I have definitely improved a lot on that by asking to do photoshoots but I still feel like my cosplays still aren't photoshoot worthy and then wonder why I can't find pictures of me

Being on this board helped me with some confidence, being stronger against criticism and helped me a lot with tutorials and other things but at the same time I feel like I've been a worse person because it also dragged my confidence low and make me self conscious

tl;dr discouraged because of the board, really shy , blah blah

>> No.7307236

>>7307224
Oh I live on that side of the US, what state are you in? Because New England is a group of 6 states isn't it? I'm in New Jersey.

>> No.7307239

>>7307236
I'm >>7307195, and I'm also in NJ.
Are you going to AnimeNEXT? It's my birthday weekend.

>> No.7307246

>>7307239
Shit, this isn't /a/. Spoilers don't exist

>> No.7307262

>>7307239
Wow! That's crazy luck that you're actually in NJ too.
And yeah I'm going to AnimeNext. I go every year.
That's cool that it's your birthday weekend too, I'd love to go to a convention for my birthday.

>> No.7307269
File: 60 KB, 200x200, 1388275222240.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have several maid costumes I love and want to wear out but I'm scared to go to cons in them.
I did it once and got a bunch of creepers. No, not the awkward nerdy guys or ugly people, neither me being a paranoid bitch, like guys who asked for pictures and grabbed me inappropriately or tried to take panty shots. I'm not even cute and the dress was knee length on me. Most uncomfortable day in my life.
I wish I had friends to go with or something but I have social anxiety.

>> No.7307432

New thread
>>7307424

>> No.7308115

>>7303333
Are you me, anon? Except I haven't regained my love for anything yet, and my weight gain from sleeping all the time is killing me... Bit I'm starting my meds tomorrow, so here's to hoping...

>> No.7308445

I quit cosplay 3 years ago because I let my entire life revolve around it and put far too much faith in my cosplayer 'friends' who didn't really value me. shit went down, I realised how superficial it all was, and I split. but sometimes I miss the hobby itself and the (ultimately false) sense of community it gave me, so I get back on here and get all nostalgic. maybe one day I'll make a costume or wander into a con again without feeling weird. /sigh

>> No.7308596 [DELETED] 
File: 464 KB, 500x338, spongefa.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw your convention group is all casuals and you are the only cosplayer.

I can't even make new friends at a con because they all latch on to me and try to stick together the entire time. If I go to a shoot, they all wait in the area for the hour and as soon as it's over, pull me away so we can check out something else. I can't even attempt to approach new people because the group of 7 of them just stand right behind me waiting for my conversation to be over, and it's just awkward all around.
I've been going to cons with them since my second year of high school (I'm a second year in college now), and it just pains me to see so many cosplayers, especially new ones that started this year, easily make friends in the community while I've been solo-ing for the past 4 years... I would love to ditch them one year, but I don't have enough money to travel and stay at a con by myself so it's out of the question.

>> No.7311203
File: 710 KB, 196x125, 183742834293.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7303741