[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 47 KB, 450x675, sunny.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6869034 No.6869034 [Reply] [Original]

Hair thread?

I'm a bushy, wavy, extremely thick haired girl who's interested in getting a straight/japanese perm. I was wondering if anyone on /cgl/ had any experience with that kind of perm.

Also, some cute girls with chin length hair, shoulder length hair, or bobs would be appreciated, since I am considering cutting my hair as it's a massive mess.

>> No.6869171
File: 19 KB, 241x350, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6869207
File: 31 KB, 364x475, 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.6869617 [DELETED] 
File: 53 KB, 179x195, 3433d-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>white women on /cgl/
>still being envious of asians and trying desperately to emulate them

Please go get some self-esteem.

>> No.6869823

>>6869034
Are you mixed?

If so I'd assume you know what you're doing. Those Brazilian blow outs are dangerous unless you know someone whose licensed, even then or a relaxer.

Natural hair is the best thing to have, too many women fry the shit out of their hair and there's no coming back from that.

>> No.6869910

>>6869823
Not OP but I disagree. If I tried to wear my hair naturally it would be a mess. It poofs up, and my bangs don't dry straight. It just naturally does that after a shower when it dries. If I were at home, not doing anything, that would be fine. But I can't go out looking presentable with hair like that. I have to straighten my hair all the time. I'm asian as well, so it's frustrating since most other asian women have the stereotypically pin straight hair.

>> No.6869941

http://www.rasysa.com/pkg/style/

>> No.6870034

I've had my bangs straightened a few times because they're cowlicky as hell, and the results were nice and my hair didn't look damaged by the process at all. I know a lot of Koreans that get their hair straightened as well, and it always looks so glossy and smooth after.

I go for loose curled perms, much like OP picture. It's so much easier to deal with than my natural hair.

>> No.6870254
File: 88 KB, 1047x317, curly-hair-defined-curls-246-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6869034
I would personally recommend against chemically straightening your hair as it will be dried up completely, leaving you with a hot mess of split ends and frizz.

Also, be careful with a bob - don't get a plain one since due to your hair type, you are likely to end up with a christmas tree bob(pic related), which is very unflattering on anyone.

If you do get it, I'd recommend getting layers in your bob, to take away some of its thickness, particularly below the chin-level. You should also consider having long, side-swept bangs, just make sure they re really long i e coming to about your mid-cheek level when in front.

This bob is what I was thinking, but maybe a bit more layered in length around the chin.

>> No.6870309

This is a long shot/story, but has anyone with very long (below waist) hair managed to maintain their hair length after bleaching it?
I've made a massive fuck by using hairdye a few times without noticing how much lighter my hair was until this month, it's probably gone a dirty blonde underneath the colour. Should have paid more attention to the ingredients, I'm normally good at avoiding things with bleach.
I don't want to dye it back to my natural colour to hide the roots but I've never seen anyone with very long hair maintain any bleaching. Will try the long hair community, too.

>> No.6870393

>>6870309
Heh, I was about to recommend you the long hair community.
But yeah, it is generally very difficult to maintain any colour after a given amount of time. To make matters worse, the only way to achieve a proper blonde once more is to bleach your hair, meaning you will have the nightmare of your life with split ends and dry hair. Some people recommend using semi-permanent hair dye as it is less harsh on the hair, but I've never tried it myself.

>> No.6871158

bump

>> No.6871184

>>6870309
Long hair com, probably wont help because if they do color it is henna. What I did is I just dont do anything else. Period. The only damaging thing is bleach. My hair dye is 'vegan' so that is fine, I air dry my hair and keep it up in braids and ponytails a lot, and trim the splits myself. My friend works at a salon and is impressed by my upkeep while it hover around my hip level.

>> No.6871189

Layers are a must for thick, wavy hair.

>> No.6871958

>>6869910
Use a shiatload of leave-in conditioner.

>> No.6871984

>>6869823
I'm a 100% white girl so I'm not mixed.

>>6870034
Pics of your hair? I've never heard of a loose curled perm but I'm interested.

>> No.6872367
File: 116 KB, 423x700, ever-straight.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Eh, the ends of my hair are always wavy and never want to be straight (either long or short) so they're hard to manage.
After trying this though, surprisingly it made my hair tame as well as make it softer and feel healthier. Didn't even have to use a straightening iron like the box said. Although you don't want to curl your hair after using this stuff since it'll fall flat since it IS supposed to keep your hair straight for up to 30 days.

>> No.6873392

up

>> No.6873398

Your hair sounds exactly like mine, and I'd definitely advise against chemical straightening because it totally fried my hair (The hairdresser told me it was GOOD for my hair, haha) and didn't even look that good. I think the best thing you can do is work with your natural waves, taming them and giving them some defintion, but not getting rid of them. Definitely get layers if you don't have them already, and go to a good hairdresser who's willing to listen to what you want (easier said than done, I'll admit).