[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 121 KB, 500x803, skinni.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6571793 No.6571793[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey seagulls, how has cosplaying and j-fashion changed the way you look at yourself and your weight? I know I for sure have developed a seriously distorted view on weight since I started getting into j-fashion. Discuss.

(Also, I have a little request. A couple of months ago, someone posted this girl on /cgl/ who was EXTREMELY skinny, I remember she had a tumblr and pretty long white-ish hair. She used to wear a lot of different wigs. If anyone knows who I'm talking about, please post the link to her tumblr, I'm interested)

>> No.6571810 [DELETED] 

I feel like I can't cosplay without wearing a mask because I have a hideous manface to the point of no return.
I also feel that since I'm not white I can't be pretty.
the end.

>> No.6571823

Not really. I used to be pretty conscious of my weight when I was a freshman in high school, but I still was always under 100lbs at 5' 1". Then I stopped caring, and in college, my body continued to change -- my hips got wider, my boobs got bigger, and I got a little taller. Now the fat I do have sits a lot better on my body. I'm not stick thin with noodle arms and legs, but I like my body and the way I look in cosplay. I do want to start waist-training, though.

I am, however, now really hate my face. I was never happy with it, but the more I have gotten into cosplay and j-fashion, the more I want to get plastic surgery.

>> No.6571838

Bump for her pics/sauce/info.

>> No.6571847
File: 56 KB, 960x1280, tumblr_mgwvtuPXWL1qzt48xo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

shmegeh.tumblr.com/

She's a really nice girl but she's a bit like Felice Fawn in the respect that she often does things to make her appear more sicker then she is. No doubt she's very ill, but she rubs rust colored eyeshadow around her eyes and pushes out her bones when posing for images.

She's never actually once admitted to having an ED, but I think it's pretty clear that she does from reading her Tumblr.

>> No.6571848
File: 221 KB, 450x748, tumblr_mdhyenXIto1rl83v4o1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Florette?
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/floretta

>> No.6571859

>>6571848
>hopping on the "living doll" hype train
NOPE

>> No.6571877

Being smaller than most brand sizing and having all this corset lacing/shirring shit has let me get fat because I know it won't make a difference to my lolita stuff. Trust me to get into the fat chick fashion of Japan.

>> No.6571970

Cosplay and lolita greatly warped sense of body image.
It was mostly coming to cgl, and I'd see all the skinny gorgeous cosplayers. I was 115 at 5'5" and people would blatantly call me fat on this board. When my friends told me I was getting too skinny I thought they were lying. I tried to stop eating but my mom caught on. When I got strep I faked that I couldn't eat long after I could.
tl;dr cosplay, lolita, and cgl gave me body dysmorphia

Luckily I've had an epiphany since that time (late high school), not to mention gained a lot of weight, and I have a much healthier view of what I should look like, regardless of what cgl tells me.

>> No.6572050

>>6571848
>implying dolls hold their legs/feet in such a weird way

>> No.6572058

>>6571859
she's not new by any means, so I wouldn't call her hopping on the train.

>> No.6572064

>>6571877
This, used to think I was fat and struggle to keep an abnormally low weight. As long as I can fit into all brand, I'm good.

Still think I'm fat (even "fatter" now) but I guess realistically I'm not.

>> No.6572086

I used to be a big girl. Now I fit into unshirred moitié, and I still think I'm fat.

>> No.6572112
File: 776 KB, 500x270, tumblr_mebwfrTv6x1qgy4r4o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yes.
Since getting into j-fashion I've developed a weird attitude to food... If I eat more than 700 calories a day I feel like a fatass and have to work off at least 300 calories.

My mum's starting to notice I'm looking a little waifish.

>> No.6572136

I'm quite small and skinny no matter how much I eat (or exercise, which has only bulked out my arms and calves a little bit), and most brand dresses I own practically fall off me without shirring. I have alter a lot of them around the the bust and underbust so they don't flap.

/cgl/ hasn't put pressure on me to lose weight- I'm grateful that I probably won't ever be a landwhale because of my genetics- but I always feel a little wistful looking at the big-boobs and ass threads. Like I'm stuck at cute-sized and will never be 'sexy'.

>> No.6572150

>>6572136
if you find a good exercise, i'm pretty sure you can make your ass look great. your legs might get bigger, too, of course. but be prepared for lots of squats and lunges.

>> No.6572156

>>6572136
What exercise are you doing? Twice weekly pump classes where I kept pushing up my weights was good for giving my butt and thighs shape.

>> No.6572160

>>6572136
>I always feel a little wistful looking at the big-boobs and ass threads. Like I'm stuck at cute-sized and will never be 'sexy'.
I know that feel gurl

>> No.6572167

I don't know if any of you will take this to heart but Ima try anyway.

All girls are beautiful, no matter your size. I really mean that too, I think if your naturally bone thin you are still sexy. If you're chubby with huge tits and ass you are still beautiful. It really hurts me to see gorgeous girls insult their bodies when they're perfect just the way they are.
Big thighs are sexy, but so is a thigh gap.
Little boobies are adorable and gorgeous (plus you'll stay perky longer!) but big boobs are just as awesome.

I guess what I'm trying to say is hey anons, if you ever feel down about your body, try to remember someone out there thinks you are sexy/gorgeous/perfect just the way you are!
As a matter of fact, if you ladies would be game, if you post a picture of your body (clothes or not, whatever your comfortable with) I will say at least one thing I love about your body.

>> No.6572196
File: 12 KB, 370x332, 1354818984473.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572167
you sound like you have good intentions, but I can already see that people are going to use that last line against you in a way

>> No.6572199

>>6572167

Smooth anon.. Real smooth...

>> No.6572208

>>6572167
>clothes or not
Please don't fucking try to use other girls insecurites just to get off. I understand this is 4chan, but what the fuck man?

>> No.6572209

>>6572167

Nice in theory, but I'm pretty sure you're just using admittedly smart techniques of obtaining naked pictures.

>> No.6572219

>>6572196
>>6572199
>>6572208
>>6572209
LOL I'm I straight girl actually. Keep your clothes on then, I really don't care. The only reason I said "clothes or not" is because when someone says "TAKE A PIC OF UR BODAY" its usually implied that they want no clothes. I would actually prefer you stay clothed, boobs and vaginas don't really do it for me. Sorry for the confusion!

>> No.6572218

I have always thought I was fat, since I was in the 4th grade (yay body dysmorphia.) But I was never really exposed to thinspo/pro-ana stuff until I went on to /cgl/. Then it went downhill for me.
I see all of these skinny Lolitas with tiny legs and tiny arms, who actually look thin in Loli. And it just makes me feel fatter. I follow tons of thinspo blogs on tumblr and spend hours looking at it.

I got to be about 120 pounds (at 5' 3") because of a medication I took; last week, I went on a diet and lost ten pounds. I want to get to about 88.

What really did it for me is I posted a picture of myself in a weight loss thread here, and people told me I was fat. It's /cgl/, so they weren't going to sugar coat it for me.

Anyway, now I'm doing lots of cardio and watching what I eat. It's hard but at the same time I realize that I'd rather be hungry than fat.

Yeah, I have some problems because of being introduced to thinspo, but it probably wouldn't have affected me as much if I didn't have body insecurities first.

>> No.6572291
File: 507 KB, 720x489, 1355189137017.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572167
>mfw I was literally about to type something like this
I love all seagulls and would hate to see them harm themselves or suffer because they don't think they look good. Trust me, you are all beautiful in your own way, keep on keeping on /cgl/ much love and respect for the wonderful things y'all do

>> No.6572298
File: 59 KB, 400x439, 1322500953351.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6571823
>like my body
>hate my face
Yes hello are you me etc.

When I was younger I used to think I was too fat (whereas people around me would tell me I was too skinny, which just made me self-conscious about my small breasts) and basically I was a typical insecure teenage girl. Now I like my body, it's far from 'perfect' and I could definitely use some squatz and shit but fuck it, I look great in clothes.
My face, though? I used to be quite comfortable with my face, but I'm starting to hate it more and more. Because of j-fashion I'm constantly 'surrounded' by cute dainty Japanese girls and I'm starting to feel like some grotesque nosechinmonster. The jaw surgery I have planned (that I pretend is for dental reasons but is 80% aesthetic) should fix the appearance of my chin, but I'd feel weird getting a nose job because then everyone will know I had plastic surgery.
I'll stick to flattering angles and photoshop but ugh why can't I be naturally kawaii?

>> No.6572305
File: 46 KB, 350x385, 1355633789650.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572298
>why can't I be naturally kawaii?
I have always wanted plastic surgery but I've just realized what a sad dream it is

>> No.6572322

>>6571847
I like her better than Felice because she does her best to look as sick as possible but in the heroin chic (not sure if that's the proper name) way, you know, very decadent and with the drug addic look instead of the "I'm glamorous, thin is beautiful and you can still look healthy and amazing being this small, it's totally sustainable!".

AND she doesn't go around saying she has anorexia, or talks about it.

>> No.6572332

I'm tall, so I have a disadvantage from the start. I have a kawaii face and ok proportions, but for being tall it makes me feel as if I'm too big to be cute... not being able to change my height, I eventually started restricting and developed anorexia. This way even if I am tall, I still look fragile, delicate and child-like.

But this was when I first started watching anime, not J-fashion, which I got into years later.

>> No.6572338
File: 134 KB, 500x666, tumblr_m0i2pwe37x1qckbwgo1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It did at first. I was never fat, but I was chubby and it didnt look like my weight was going anywhere but up.

Been going to cons since I was 13 but not till I joined cgl two years ago did weight really feel like an issue to me. It was a combination of wanting to look good in photos like the girls on cgl, and talking to my doctor. I found out I have PCOS. Which means fuck I really cant afford to let my eating habits go since I'm already at risk for early onset type 2 diabetes as well as blood pressure and cholesterol problems. And in fact I was pre diabetic for a while.

So I got motivated to get my shit together for both aesthetic and health reasons. Took about half a years break from /cgl/, as much as I love yall didnt have the time with starting university. But now easing my way back into it and keeping up going to the gym several times a week and strictly watching my diet. But I have a mentality of /fit/ not thin. I no longer really care what I look like, so long as I feel healthy and my body reflects that. Though I find it's incredibly hard to be fit and not have a good body to. I'm not all the way there yet, but my healths certainly improved so I'm happy with myself for that at least.

>> No.6572345

>>6572332
I don't want to sound like a douche but.. Shaynii?

>> No.6572350

>>6572345
Nope, just an anon. Didn't know Shaynii was tall, she's so damn adorable.

>> No.6572369

>>6572332
how tall?

>> No.6572374

>>6572350
Totes, she's like 5'7"? So not super tall, but much taller than she appears in pictures
But I also know shay loves to eat healthy things, especially fruits and veggies. She is often concerned with her weight, but I don't think she has an eating disorder. She's pretty fond of eating.

>> No.6572396

>>6572374
eh I thought it might have been her because
>I have a kawaii face and ok proportions
>This way even if I am tall, I still look fragile, delicate and child-like.
but now that I think of it
>but for being tall it makes me feel as if I'm too big to be cute.
proves me wrong
she knows very well that she's cute

>> No.6572473

>>6571793
I'm so jelly that she's so thin yet she still has a kawaii face, if I were that thin I'd look like a meth addict

>> No.6572490

I had body image issues even before I started going on here a few months ago. Been trying to recover from ed-ish behavior for two years now, I think. I'm 5'3", almost 5'4", and around 102-105 lbs now, which is pretty alright.

/cgl/ and j-fash has actually just make me want a good body rather than a thinner one. Before I just wanted to get as puny and thin as possible. Now my goal is to eat less junk, start working out, and maybe to be under 100 lbs. Better than my last goal of eating nothing and being 87 lbs, fo sure. I've never been over 110 lbs though.

>> No.6572502

>>6572396
someone should tell her modesty is cuter

>> No.6572510

/cgl/ has definitely shaped what I consider to be my ideal body. When I first started on this board, I didn't really know how to self critique. I would bash people who were way better than me just because they weren't my idea of perfect and I didn't think that I was being unreasonable at all. Then, I started to self-post and the same critique I'd given others was put on me. I was called fat, shapeless, and stupid.

So I decided to 'fix' it. I lurked the suggestions thread to see what other people around my height weighed and what their measurements were. I looked up my favorite j-fash models' heights and weights as well as my favorite kpop idols. I then aimed to get to a similar weight to the people I liked.

I hadn't been fat during most of high school, but I wasn't skinny. I always had around a bmi of 20-22, but my last year was really stressful and I got up to 25.6. My doctor told me to be more mindful. She wasn't an ass or anything. She just said that if it continued, it may be a problem. So I dieted for 2 years and got to a bmi of 17.9. I felt like absolute shit, but I wasn't at the weights that I had set as a goal.

I felt like a total failure until I found out that a lot of idols and/or their agencies lie about their height/weight. (I was never into the bones everywhere thinspo.) I also was able to (cliche I know) take a class about eating disorders and I realized that while I didn't have a straight up ED, I was going to get there if I kept beating myself up. I realized that I had no clue exactly how low I was trying to go.
I have given up on losing weight now because now my bmi is around 19. I am honestly happy with this and it's been reletively easy to keep.
tl;dr. /cgl/ totally influenced me, but I don't resent it because I do take better care of myself now and I think I have a more positive image than before.
inb4 "bmi sucks" I just used it as a guideline to give people an idea if they cared.

>> No.6572512
File: 55 KB, 453x604, dontwannabe2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've hated my appearance all my life. Women in my family have big bottoms (hips, thighs, calves) but we also have tiny heads so I'm screwed from all sides. The lowest I ever got to was 112 at 5'3 and my legs were huge while my torso made me look like I would break in half (not including my arms those were still chubby too). Everyone told me they were worried that I was sick but all I could think about was how fat I was. I put on a ton of weight since then and now I really need to lose weight but I feel better about myself now then I ever did at my lowest.

Pic is me at my lowest. By cgl standards I was still fat but it's the lowest I've ever been. Somehow I feel like the picture doesn't show just how big my legs were though...unless I couldn't get my fatter self out of my head.

>> No.6572519

>>6572512
>me at my lowest
...if this is low by /cgl/ standards theres something fucking wrong with you people.

>> No.6572522

>>6572519
It's high by cgl standards is what I was saying. it's the lowest I was ever able to get.

>> No.6572532

I have an ED but it has nothing to do with J-fash it just happened and I happen to like fashion..
Anorexia was just easy for me to fall into.

>> No.6572545

>>6572369
About 1,71m last time I checked. Not sure how tall is that in feet/inches, it's such a confusing system.

>>6572374
>>6572396
Ah, yes, she doesn't look tall at all. I would never have guessed. Good for her, knowing how qt she is. Would be a shame if she didn't think so.

(I always look tall even by the side of someone taller because my limbs are long as fuck so no such luck as looking smaller in pics.)

>>6572502
It's not, tho. Modesty is stupid most of the time. Arrogance is annoying and disgusting but if people always tell you you are cute and you see it too, it's just retarded to be all "no, I'm not" (and reeks of compliment-fishing). Just don't go around flaunting it.

>> No.6572546

>>6572136
>I'm quite small and skinny no matter how much I eat (or exercise, which has only bulked out my arms and calves a little bit)

Eat more, and do strength training (especially squats).

>> No.6572542

Eh not much, I used to restrict and exercise a lot, but it wasn't because of something silly like cosplay or j-fashion. Had more to do with the fact that I got chubby when I was 13-15, though I've been over it mostly for 2 years now. Though If I get much past 120lbs I'll eat smaller portions and try to eat less starch and meat. I sit at 5'8 and anywhere from 114-120, usually 117-119. I need to start exercising again though, I'm too skinny fat.

But I can't wear certain things since I'm somewhat tall, short waisted and despite not being heavy, I'm kind of stocky. I bought a VIVI dress and it's way too short, doesn't fit me in length/doesn't sit on me properly so I'm reluctant to buy things like that.

If I could change anything it would be:
-may face shape/jawline, round as fuck, sort of wide and my jaw line is too soft. Self taken pictures are fine(no myspace angles or anything), but fuck if it doesn't make me super unphotogenic when other people take it.

-my nose, I'm going to try contouring, but it's a little wide and bulbous. I would consider a nose job in the future

-my boobs stop being proportionate if I gain much weight. If I were to gain 15lbs+ I's probably go marshmellow mode again(now I'm somewhere in between a thin pear and hourglass.)

-my dark circles. I hate these fuckers more than anything. it doesn't help that the skin is a tad hollow most days. gragggh

>> No.6572555

>>6572522
You have an amazing bodyshape. Never stress over your weight because unless you get to the landwhale level, you will always look amazing.

>> No.6572556
File: 60 KB, 500x500, mewaitingforareply.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

too fat for /clg/ and /b/

>> No.6572557

>>6572522
It's not high, it's just not low. It's averagely thin, but your waist is very nice. I think people exaggerate what /cgl/ thinks is fat or misunderstand ex: you can be decently thin, but if you have a high body fat% it'll show. Muscle mass/tone is important for looking slim.

>> No.6572568

When I started getting into j-fashion (gyaru in particular) I really began to hate the way I look. I'm 165cm and about 55kg (5'5" and 127lb) and I detest it. I have a thigh gap, but it's not enough. I just feel like I'm this huge blubbering fat monster who jiggles in all the wrong places. I don't care if I'm a size small in everything, I want to be an extra small. My ex at the time solidified the fact and would call out how fucking disgusting I was, so I was actually rushed to the hospital for fainting in public because I hadn't eaten much at all for a week or so... Fucking embarrassing..

I used to really lament over how skinny Asian girls were. I'd take no boobs and ass over being a fucking whale. I set my body goal to look something like them. But when I went to Hong Kong and saw all the tiny Asian girls everywhere, it was hard to keep that goal. They're just so... petite. Short, tiny shoulders, skinny everything. I'm taller, with broad shoulders, a tiny waist and big hips, and fatter. It's pretty obvious I'll never get there.

I just joined a gym and I'm struggling because I'm trying to keep myself under 500kcal a day. I'm constantly starving. I try to tell myself that I don't have an ED, but I don't even know anymore. I don't even know what my weight goals should be, all I know is that I want to lose weight and fit into cute clothes from Taobao and be able to wear anything I want if I shop in Japan.

>> No.6572566

>>6572555
I got fat now and the saddlebags come out haha. The more I gain the fatter my bottom gets but nothing else seems to grow with it so I look silly. I'd like to lose weight again but I don't want to go back into the self destructive behavior I had.

>> No.6572572

>>6572218
You're going to look disgusting as an 88 at 5'3".

I'm 5'2" or somewhere around there (people keep telling me I'm getting taller, I'm like almost 23... Although I did hit puberty a bit late... idk.) and I was best looking at 105 pounds. Anything under that, I looked gross and tired as fuck. The "tiny legs and arms" were barely noticeable because my face looked like I was on meth. I'm now around 110. I'm fine with my weight.

Really, 88? I can't imagine how you'd look. People in high school would call me tiny as fuck at 100. 88 seems disgusting. Please don't do that to yourself.

>> No.6572573

>>6572557
Like I said I was low for me. Certainly looks better than how I look now. I had no problem gaining muscle but losing the excess fat I had was another story. I went away around my waist but my thighs held it strong.

>> No.6572577

Any notable ana girls anyone knows in their comm or online?

>> No.6572583

>>6572545
>Modesty is stupid most of the time.
>it's just retarded to be all "no, I'm not" (and reeks of compliment-fishing).
But what if someone actually thinks that they're ugly? Low self-esteem is not a myth, people who fish for compliments are already more confident
>Just don't go around flaunting it
does that inclued taking selfies very often?

>> No.6572584

>>6572572
This, 88lbs is way too little. 105lbs would be better for that anon. 10lbs makes a difference.

Also they probably need muscle tone. Again, a lot of people on /cgl/ I think tend to say fat when they mean stocky/high bf%.

>> No.6572594
File: 9 KB, 399x399, 1352581517035.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572566
As someone who has "desirable" characteristics but hate them anyway I know what it's like to listen to this kind of thing so I'm not going to insist too much... but still: it's a really nice bodyshape, and I really can't imagine you look bad. I swear.

I hope you'll come to like it.

>> No.6572608

>>6572594
This isn't even my low self esteem talking. I can admit looking back I looked nice then and I just couldn't see it at the time but now I'm ashamed of myself and I keep trying to get back on track but I somehow seem powerless. My genetics are quite poor so when I gain weight it isn't flattering at all. I know the grass is always greener and I may see someone with a similar shape to mine and think they look great but for now I am very unhappy. I was unhappy then too so i feel like it isn't possible for me to look the way I want. I feel like most people aren't happy though so I can't complain too much.
Thanks for the compliment though. Makes me want to try harder to go back to that look.

>> No.6572605

>>6572583
>But what if someone actually thinks that they're ugly?
Well, they have to deal with it.
I know it exists, I have very low self esteem myself and tend to disregard every compliment because since I don't believe them and just think it's people trying to be nice. It never excused me from being accused of fishing for compliments. Sucks, but what can we do?

And no, I personally don't think it does. I like seeing pretty people and if those pretty people like showing their faces, I'm not going to complain. IMO it's only bad if they spam them or act superior and stuff.

>> No.6572606

>>6572584
Yeah, plus, muscle weighs more than fat. You can be 105 and look terrible and floppy, or you can be 105 and have a nice ass, thighs, arms and not look bloated all the time.

What's going to happen if you intentionally get to a really low BF% is you're going to end up ballooning after a few years. It happened to AnorexicChan on /fit/. She was skinny as fuck when she first started posting, went to rehab and now, a few years later, she's chubby as fuck (and I mean, like, really chubby, not average.) You wouldn't want that - that'd just propel your insecurities further.

>> No.6572614

>>6572573
Yeah, I have the same body type as you. I'm short and I've gone from 36-30-38 to 35-27-38 so far. Keep in mind my ass is pretty flat, so most of that 38" is hips. And I have 21" thighs. I just can't get rid of any bulk around my bottom, it's the place where I build the most muscle and hold the most fat.

No one even notices that I've lost weight since anything that's not 100% skin-tight just tents out away from my waist because of my hips.

>> No.6572612

>>6572573
I'm a lot taller than you, but my body is similar to what yours was in that picture
(just longer, torso is the same though)

I have a gap, but it has more to do with my height than anything else. You could probably get one similar to what I have, but it wouldn't be drastic like some girls.

I know what you mean though, I haven't really gained any weight in the past 3/4 years but my measurement have change quite a bit(was 31-25.5-33.5 and pear shaped when I was younger and really fit, now I'm 33.5-24.5-35 and more hourglass than pear.) My shape is better, but I'm pretty jiggly and have a lot of back fat and lower back fat now. My arms are bigger to.

>> No.6572621

At least you're all not a butterface... that's something I can't change. Unless surgery. But I don't think they have face-shape/forehead surgeries available. The only thing I can do is change my triangular shaped nose and even that would cost too much money - about 15 grand in my country. I have a huge moon face and I hate it. It's huge. People look at my face and think I'm fat... I've never been fat, always been a size 2. My face isn't even "fat" it's just insanely wide and insanely long and I have this huge fucking head and I don't think there is any surgery to change my features.

>> No.6572622

>>6572606
Indeed, but it's not difficult to settle at a healthy bf%. anywhere between 14%-19% will generally keep you at that 'fit' look.
I say generally because in the past 4years I've been as low as 14% and as high as about 19-20%(presently I think), and even at my lowest I didn't have abs that you could see. But my back, arms, and especially legs were defined.

>> No.6572624

>>6572612
>>6572614
Best measurements ever.

35-25-35 here, shit sucks. I wish my measurements were 35-25-38... hnnnnnnnng.

>> No.6572637

>>6572624
>>6572612
here

I'd kill for bigger tits, I'm a 28/30 D/DD which isn't that big(a handful for me)

my measurements are nice, but I have a stocky/short torso and a widish set chest. Generally clothes can hide it alright, but not all the time.

I'd like to settle at 33-24-34.5

>> No.6572636

you, person reading this:

1. go to the gym and perform weight lifting exercises like squats and thrusters. dont just run or jump on the elliptical (but do that too)

2. eat a balanced diet instead of a low diet. dont do some fad shit like completely skip carbs or eat only maori tutstu leaves or something

3. get 8 hours of sleep at night

there you go you'll look much better in about a month

>> No.6572640

>Hey seagulls, how has cosplaying and j-fashion changed the way you look at yourself and your weight?

It hasn't.

>> No.6572641

>>6572624

37-25-40 here and 5'10. It's almost impossible to find clothes that don't look absolutely horrible because of my height (so they don't sit where they should anyway) and hips. At least you can look good in clothes.

>> No.6572648

>>6572621
>about 15 grand in my country
Holy fucking shit, where do you live?

I'm from a shitty 3rd world country and, generally, it's about 2.5k USD, maybe 3 or 4 thousand at a really good doctor.

>> No.6572678

>>6572637
>I'd like to settle at 33-24-34.5
>I'm a 28/30 D/DD

I'm at 33 inch bust with a B cup. are you like....serious? like i know tiny people can have huge tits and everything but it tends to look unbalanced, it's rarely skinny and huge tits

5'7 and 115lbs reporting in btw

>> No.6572671

>>6572298
You are me. I am you.
I am also >>6572305
I barely had a problem with my body before, and now I'm starting to like it, especially since I'm lifting a lot more than ever and back into training mode. At the risk of sounding really conceited, I have a pretty great body. Of course it could be better, but I have decent breasts and an alright ass, especially for my race.

But I completely agree. Looking at those cute girls, especially cute Korean girls, makes me really sad. I'm so close, yet so far. I'm almost one of those typical pre-surgery Korean girls, except I already have double eyelids. My nose and jaw are gross and let's not even get started with the eye bags.

Are you going overseas for surgery, or are you getting it in your home country?

And I feel you about the apprehensions to having a nose job. I've told a lot of people that I want to get my eye bags fixed, and they understand, because I seriously look tired/sick even when I'm well rested, but I have no real reason to make my jaw slimmer or to thin my nose.

>> No.6572683

>>6572641
No, I'm an apple so all the shirts I wear have to be loose and longer (also because I have a long ass torso) to hide my stomach pudge. I've been at 12% BF in the past and still never had visible abs. If I wear anything that's a light colour and tight, I look like a landwhale. If my bodyfat ever goes that low, I have no ass. Literally. No ass. Like, if I stand straight, there's no ass. It looks like my thighs are connected to my back. Thankfully I'm never going back there again but...
At least you can have an ass.

Also, I thought most high street brands now a days usually make clothing for tall fags? Or is that a rumour? I wouldn't know, I'm very short and everything fits awful too.

>> No.6572692
File: 195 KB, 550x284, Screen shot 2013-01-22 at 4.36.37 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572621
I know that feel sis
well the face shape feel

>> No.6572691

>>6572636
hello /fit/, how are you doing this evening?

>> No.6572694

>>6572683
Tallfag here, I was just under the impression it was one size fits none when it came to fashion...

>> No.6572698

>>6572614
I have a huge butt too though. I happen to like it I just wanted slimmer legs overall
>>6572612
I want a thigh gap so much (Not for looks just because my skin is sensitive and the rubbing ends up burning) but I really don't think I can get one not because I can't lose the weight but because getting even that small messed up my face. I have cute cheeks now but aww man did my face and neck look so weird when I lost weight. I know losing fat would help make my legs slimmer but it's always in the back of my mind that my face will look so weird without my chubby cheeks.

>> No.6572701

>>6572698
Also I didn't mention this but my measurements in that picture were 33-24-39.

>> No.6572702
File: 560 KB, 922x678, baggedsoup.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572573
>>6572614

I have the same problem. My mom's lower half was very disproportionate to her upper half and she had really bad cellulite. I'm trying to burn the fat from my lower half, but I fear I'll end up having a flat chest and really wide hips. I'm really afraid of the cellulite though.

>> No.6572706

>>6572671
>no real reason

This is the way I see it: plastic surgery is like any other self-improvement.

You hate your body size? Gain/lose weight.
You hate your skin ? Wear makeup and use a ton of acne products.
You think you're a fucking idiot? Get an education.
You think you're useless? Develop skills.
Think you're unattractive? Makeup.
Unattractive in ways makeup can't fix? Plastic surgery.

I'm not saying go all out like those terrifying addicts, but if you've got a jacked nose, there's not much else you can do with it. I say this as someone with a jacked nose.

>> No.6572703

>>6572648
I'm from a non-shitty 1st world country. The lowest doctor I could find was 8 grand, and when I googled her, her license was taken away for two years for killing a woman while doing lipo. There's another one in my area who does them for 7k but he did some work on my mom's body which turned out awful. Generally, the good doctors here are 15k.

I also don't need like, a reduction or anything shaved off. Since my face is so big, my nose looks very small and is very flat and triangular and has no definition. I'd need an asian nosejob (I'm not even asian, fuck life) and those tend to be more pricy around here. Plus, they wouldn't be able to do anything more than just define it a little bit before it starts to look too fake.

Basically, I'm fucked. Don't get me started about my lips. They have a life of their own, they're plump and fine but my cupid's bow is way too defined. It makes my lips almost look beak-like in some pictures. What a waste of perfectly plump limps.

Both my parents were gorgeous, btw. I don't know what happened.

>> No.6572707

>>6572641
Oh my god. You must look really good without clothes, though, or when you find clothes that fit you.

>>6572624
Ugh, I agree. I have really small hips and a small butt. I'm 33-24-35, I think. I look like a wide stick from the front and a flat board from the side.

>> No.6572710

>>6572702
Aw man I forgot the cellulite. I had it since about 14. Shorts are things I don't even own.

>> No.6572717 [DELETED] 
File: 274 KB, 438x456, Screen Shot 2013-01-22 at 7.42.54 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572692
Is that you on the right? Average as fuck/10.

I'll take a picture for you. People on the internet who see my face me too fat. I'm 100 pounds and a size 2, but my face/neck is just... pig disgusting. ;_;

>> No.6572721

>>6572702
>best body type ever
You guys suck. You look like a goddess in the 2nd picture. Stop idolizing those "perfect" /cgl/ proportions. I would trade with you in a heart beat.

>no hips here

>> No.6572722

>>6572703
Two beauties make an ugly.
Two uglies make a beauty.

>> No.6572724

For the first 2 decades of my life I never wore an ounce of makeup; until starting to wear lolita.

As far as body image, it's gone from absolutely not caring to thinking about it every day.

I'm 5'1" at 109 lbs currently, with a bf% of about 27. I'm at 37-28-38 roughly. Most of my fat seems to like my thighs, and my underbust is the same as my waist, so the top measurement is mostly boobs in difference.

I didn't think this was a big deal but last time I posted those measurements, I was told I wasn't exactly ideal, leaning fatty. Which is kind of right now that I look at it, because I DO have an excess jiggle around the thigh/butt region.

I've been on/off dieting since high school with no results because I'm a faggot that can't stick to jack (not that Jack would like it if I stuck to him ;D ). I'm on another diet now, and I swear I'll fit into Mary Magdalene if it's the last goddamn thing I do.

>> No.6572725

>>6572717
well you obviously have really nice skin judging by your jawline and shit

>skinny
>no acne

can't be that bad, just work what you got!

>> No.6572728

>>6572706
Yeah, and I honestly am going to get surgery. I'm just afraid my boyfriend won't like that I'm changing myself. I only care about how I feel about my face for the most part, but my parents' opinions and my boyfriend's also matter. My mother had totally cosmetic plastic surgery when she was a teen, so I know they won't care. To be honest, I don't think my few friends would even notice if I got work done. I actually think I look good from one side but absolutely horrible on the other. So I just want symmetry.

The only thing holding me back right now is money.

>> No.6572730

>>6572722
what happens if you get two fairly decent but not gorgeous people? like a 6/10 and a 7/10

>> No.6572735

>>6572702
oh you're totally pretty, instant girl crush on you

>> No.6572736

>>6572730
Another fairly decent person?

I don't know what would happen if a 2/10 and 8/10 got together.

>> No.6572737
File: 1.04 MB, 999x624, bra.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572678
It's really not big at all, visually my chest looks like the ones I circled(though my band size is 28/30 depending on my weight and the brand).

Most bra company's like VS pretty much lie to you since the add 4/5" for your band size is bull shit and they just want to get rid of the stock they have since most people don't have a band size under 32" I guess.

Visually I look like what people would consider a B cup, but my B cup bras(32/34 bands) really don't fit me well/comfortably

>> No.6572738

>>6572736
>confirmed for having beautiful children

well I guess the 2/10 and 8/10 would produce something like a 5.5/10

perhaps

I ditched math class atm so i could come to cgl and do bad math

>> No.6572744

>>6572737
This is valid information~! It's been said that cupsizes tend to be smaller when you go down in band size.

>> No.6572740

>>6572678
Not the OP, but cup sizes are relative to band size. A 28D is the same volume as a 34A. I am also a 28D, and my measurements are 27.5 underbust/32.5 overbust. Cup size means nothing without the band size--it's a terrible means of gauging size!

>> No.6572741

>>6572737
ohhh okay I misunderstood, that makes sense

also thank for the pics of tits, bless your soul

>> No.6572747

>>6572740
I uh somehow am having trouble believing this

32A, if I wore 28D or a 26D, I would have a giant weird frumpy lumpy mess under my shirt

>> No.6572745

>>6572724
You aren't fat at all but I know that feeling. Eat healthy and I have an exercise program to recommend to you. Aside from cardio try a little something called Callanetics. Some stuff for it can be found on youtube and I know it looks very outdated but it works for maintaining a feminine shape while getting smaller. It uses muscles deeper than most exercises tso you make great use of your time.
Please don't hurt yourself.

>> No.6572746

>>6572701
Ah, no wonder you looked really similar to me (just condensed down, slightly wider hips visually)
hmm you could try just doing a lot of lower body exercises and hope that rather than losing a lot of weight/fat, the muscle tone will give you enough room so you don't get the chaffing?

>> No.6572750

>>6572737
thank you. Someone who actually understands how a correct fit looks.

People, stop thinking Ds or DD are some huge monster tits. Cup size is dependent on band size. Smaller girls can have very porportanate tits with having a D or DD. This is not some kind of huge boob size on a tiny girl. Once you get into the F G H range, yes, those will look big/large on a small frame. Or even a larger frame. It's all dependent on underbust vs bust.

>> No.6572751

>>6572717
Your face doesn't look wider than mine? And you have a longer chin which makes it look slimmer, slightly heart shaped, I'm round/slightly square which means not much of a chin

>> No.6572756

>>6572737
Yeah, I technically measure the same as you (28/30 D/DD) but I wear a 32 or 34 B and look like the 30D pictures in your pic. I probably have to go up a size, though, because lately you can see the line of my cup and my boobs slightly spilling over through my shirt...

>> No.6572752

>>6572702
Hnnghh those hips.

yes lesbo

>> No.6572754

>>6572747
26Ds don't really exist for a reason. It gets to a point where it's superfluous. However, you could probably get away with a 28B - IF and only if your ribcage is small enough.

>> No.6572759

>>6572751
But yours isn't really long or anything, it's like... good proportions. Unless you are hiding a huge 10cm forehead under there which I doubt.

>> No.6572765

J-fashion has definitely made me care more about my appearance, but thankfully not to the point of being unhealthy. I understand my body's limits (for example, I will always have big hips because of my structure) and try to be the best I can within those limits. I've always been skinny, but I recently started going to the gym for more than just cardio (learning bodyweight basics). Currently I'm at 5' 8" and 118-120 lbs. My goal is to be closer to 125 lbs but muscular.

I will never have big boobs, and I will always have big hips, but I can make sure I'm in the best shape possible for my bodytype.

Current measurements 32.5-27.5-36, hoping to reduce waist size by replacing tummy fat with muscle. I've already gone down an inch in the last few months of strength training!

>> No.6572762

>>6572746
I love squats because I want DAT ASS. I did a lot of a program called callanetics which really helped but my knees hit (I have minor knock knees as does my mother) so I don't know if I can even get a gap. I know not everyone can. It would be nice though like I said.

>> No.6572774

>>6572747
Cup size only refers to the difference between the overbust and underbust measurements. It is not an indication of size at all. What are your underbust and overbust measurements? I am almost positive you are wearing the wrong size.

>> No.6572777

>>6572740
>>6572750
Yes, unfortunately I didn't know how it worked exactly until 2 months ago. Now I have one bra that fits and a billion that don't. It's really hard to find a 28/30 band size in store without it costing $$$ and having to go to a lingerie shop.
Even online it's still more expensive than places like La Sensa/ La Vienne Rose/XXI/H&M which really sucks when you don't have much money. Plus unless you already found a specific bra in a store and then shopped for it online, the sizing can still vary a tiny bit(ex: the bands can be slightly tighter/looser than other brands)

I think for my birthday/christmas I'm just going to ask for bras and panties.

The only brands I know of that have small band sizes are Freya and Sexy Kate(?)___Kate. And Kate usually doesn't have much under a 28E

>> No.6572781

>>6572777
You're thinking of Curvy Kate! I have two Freya bras that are 28D, and they are awesome.

>> No.6572783

>>6572759
I'd say my forehead is about average. Though I look awkward as fuck with it exposed. It just isn't a good look on me.

>> No.6572786

I used to be rail thin in my early days and then somewhere around 15-16 I gained a lot of weight due to a lot of personal shit going on and side effects of medications and I was at 125lbs. I'm vertically challenged with 5'0'' so that amount of weight made me look really chubby...

I've always felt immense self-hatred, ever since I was 10-11. Everything about me bothered me. But weight/weight-loss was never on my mind. I was skinny so why should I care? But then that happened and I descended deeper into my personal hell.

I've managed to lose a considerable amount now. Years later I'm at 90 lbs and I'm trying to shed the last few pounds so I can be back at 83 lbs. Chest wise I went from a C to an A (and most of the time even the smallest A-cup sizes are too big now). I count calories, I can't eat food without feeling guilty, I can't stop thinking about food or feel horrible about my body when I gain just a bit of weight back which happens mostly around my period. I really need to exercise but being outside and being seen by people makes me feel horrible. I feel they're looking at my body and thinking about how disgusting it is so it's harder to do any sports that aren't possible in the safety of my home.

As for how far /cgl/ and j-fashion has influenced me: definitely a lot. I've been into this shit since my early teenage years. I've tried to dress better, it made me be more eager about losing weight because someday I wanted to be posted here along with those gorgeous cosplayers I envied and idolised. J-fashion made me accept that I'd always be considered 'cute' because of my size. But it has also increased my self-hatred immensely. I hate my body and I hate my face because I will never look as dainty as those asian girls look (and many cosplayers/lolitas that get posted here). I guess all I can ever do is just admire from afar and sink deeper into self-pity.

and wow since tl;dr: Yes, thanks to /cgl/ I hate myself and my body even more!

>> No.6572791

>>6572777
There are actually a lot of brands that go down to 28 band sizes, but they are hard to find in the US. The local lingerie boutique carries Freya bras, but I have yet to find others except online. That said, British bra sites have a HUGE variety of brands and styles.

If you use reddit at all, check out /r/ABraThatFits for a lot of great info.

>> No.6572789

>>6572762
Well hopefully it gets you to a point where you're comfortable! Otherwise my only advice would be to moisturize well and often to avoid irritation.

>> No.6572793

>>6572721
It's not about the body type so much as it is about the cellulite. The only way to fight the cellulite, apparently, is to burn fat, but due to my shape if I burn the right about of fat to get rid of the cellulite, I'll look awful.

>> No.6572795

>>6572789
I hope everyone can get to where they are happy. Feeling bad about what you have to present to people everyday sucks. I mostly wear leggings so I don't have chaffing too often but I'd like to be able to wear shorts/skirts without tights someday so when that happens it'll be a concern.

>> No.6572796
File: 468 KB, 200x265, tumblr_lvyqjdDmse1r3e75so1_250.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572781
I have one Freya, I love it, I just want more than one bra. I switch between it and a lace bra that has no cup that I can't wear under anything that lays close to my pointy as fuck nipples.

The difference a fitted bra makes is really odd but wonderful.

>> No.6572800

>>6572791
Will check it out

I'm in Canada, specifically BC, the city I'm in doesn't have many specialty shops unfortunately.

>> No.6572807

>>6572777
check out barenecessities.com! they have a pretty sweet selection and almost always have some sort of sale going on. i get my 30DD/DDDs there.i like Panache brand for bras :)

>> No.6572814

>>6572793
Actually, it's not so much as having low fat, more about eating things with less sugar, salt and oils, exercising regularly and drinking lots of water.

I have a huge cellulite problem and when I was on the fat end of healthy, it went away almost completely when I started doing all that, even though I hadn't lost a gram yet.

If you do all that and still have them, though, you'll probably have to go for a therapist for massages and stuff, because even lose weight won't help you much.

>> No.6572811

I was in the process of loosing weight before I started cosplaying, but cosplay has helped keep me motivated (lost 85 pounds now, has taken 5 years). Recently started lifting to and can pull off fit characters no problem.

As far as J fashion I haven't got into that yet (I'm male, not that it matters I guess), and I'm not sure if I ever will.

>> No.6572848

I'm kind of the opposite of the usual..?

I've always been really thin, especially my limbs. I was bullied all through middle and high school, especially for my chicken legs.
Finding J-fashion helped me learn to love my body. I don't look very good in what's usually popular in America, but Asian styles suit my body type much more, since I have a very petite bone structure.
Saving the sob story, bullying affected me pretty badly, but finding something I felt good in really helped improve my self esteem and ultimately, my entire outlook on life.

>> No.6572865
File: 15 KB, 420x300, 1349118415014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572848
Same!

It actually had a better impact on me. Ever since I was a kid, I was always pretty skinny. In late elementary school-early highschool I started becoming more self-conscious about my body. I was flat as a board, my arms and legs were stickly, my hands boney and veiny. I used to always wear long sleeves to cover my arms, and would always pull it up to cover my hands so no one could see when I wrote in class. I just absolutely hated myself.

A lot of people always commented about my weight, and I remember getting looks from girls during our lessons about eating disorders in highschool health class. All during highschool I really tried bulking up and eating more to gain weight, but it didn't really help. To be honest I was a picky eater, and my family ate pretty healthy so I had no interest in soda or sweets.

It wasn't until late highschool when I started going on 4chan's /fa/ that I was introduced to "thinspo" threads, of people just posting dozens of pictures of skinny girls, looking to them as inspiration to lose weight. The girls all looked so pretty too, and they were exactly my size. Learning that people looked up to these girls as inspiration to lose weight gave me a huuuuuge confidence boost, my self esteem became a lot higher, and even to today I'm actually quite happy in the body I'm in.

>> No.6572939

I've liked j-fashion for years but kind of got out of it when I had an eating disorder. My interest in lolita helped me get out of my eating disorder. I guess it gave me something to do or focus on, other than food?

The problem now is that I gained a ton of weight (20-25 lbs) in recovery/starting a new medication. I'm trying to loose weight healthily so that I can fit better into lolita. It fits but... I don't know. Like others, I'm taller than most other lolitas (5'8") so I'm already huge!

>> No.6572952

I think being interested in Japanese fashion has made me more secure with my appearances. I'd never really seen being thin portrayed in a positive light, and I'd been ridiculed for being too skinny a lot, but when I got in to lolita I got a lot of positive compliments on my body.
I'm not into lolita anymore, but It's been kind of nice to see how thin-ness appears to be a bit more acceptable in Japan (presumably because there is less of a focus on being "sexy" which generally requires more weight) and thus somewhat more accepted amongst international fans of j-fashion as well. I feel kind of guilty getting some pleasure from it, though, since I know it makes a lot of girls feel pressured to lose weight.
Mixed feelings.

>> No.6572954

>>6572848
>>6572865
Didn't even see these posts, but you guys pretty much summed up my thoughts!

>> No.6572963
File: 29 KB, 500x333, kpsurgery1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just want a transformation like this.

>> No.6573052

I love j-fashion, and have for a really long time. It's always been inspirational to me, but I don't think it's ever pushed me to any extremes - I'd see a model or something and want to be that thin, but it wouldn't translate into more than a bit of exercise for a few days.
I'm 5'2, 125, and I carry my weight in my thighs/butt/some tummy - though my arms/wrist/ankles/feet are super tiny, so I always look weirdly proportioned. I've always felt super self conscious about my thighs, and I think that getting into more jfash - especially gyaru - has made me hate them even more. I've never had a thigh gap, and I'm not even sure if it's possible to get one with my body type, since even at my best my thighs have always touched. I've gotten into lolita, which ahs helped a bit since that covers it, but it's horrible knowing that under my cute clothes there's a lot of gross fat that I'm hiding. Thank god I'm going to start up my gym routine again soon, I've just been ballooning lately.

>> No.6573101

>>6572963
Woah!
I want one like that so bad but I'm so scared of getting a shitty surgeon who doesn't get what I want.

I mean, if hairdressers already have trouble cutting my hair the way I want even though I show every single one of them pictures of what I want (they always give me generic cuts that only resemble what I want because they can't get their heads around someone wanting an alternative hairstyle), how am I going to trust someone who's doing SURGERY on my FACE?

>> No.6573109

>>6573101
i also think that a lot of surgeons like this churn out women that all end up looking the same. i know one clinic gives all girls the SAME nose.

>> No.6573115

>>6572963
But the difference in this picture look purely makup/angle/lighting/expression and not surgery, she has the same everything, though her lips look smaller?

>> No.6573141

>>6572814
So... /fit/ lied to me about fitness related things? :o

I've been trying to eat slightly healthier, but I typically eat a lot of grain and dairy. I don't drink soda or eat junk food snacks at all, really.

What would you suggest, just a diet of mostly veggies?

>> No.6573153

>>6573115
>eyes
>lips
>jaw

Plus the flattering angle/makeup/etc

>> No.6573176

>>6573153
here eyes look the same, she just has make up on which makes the difference(she has double lids in both)

Her jaw is the same. I have a similar face shape, front angle makes it look chubby, 3/4 angle makes our faces look the slimmest.

The only difference is her lips look smaller, but I'm putting it to the kind of make up she has on and the fact that she wasn't smiling in the before picture. I don't know of any surgery that make your lips smaller.

>> No.6573170

>>6572963

with weight loss and makeup she could've looked almost identical to the pic on the right without surgery

>> No.6573189

>>6573141

No they didn't, they might not have been clear enough though.

Diet plays a role because edema intensifies the appearance of cellulite, but that is essentially "water weight". If you've ever seen the before/afters on those miracle wraps or whatever they do for like 200 at tanning salons, that's how those work; it's like a concentrated sauna around your body that TEMPORARILY helps diminish the excess water stored in your tissue.

Decreasing your bodyfat is the only real way to help it (although the other can look different it's just water retention, but something you should do anyway), although you can't completely get rid of it.

>> No.6573216
File: 31 KB, 500x315, kp2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573115
>>6573153
>>6573170
>>6573176
how's this then?

>> No.6573223

>>6573176
I think she had eyelid shaping, a tiny bit of jaw shaving (from how her jawline looks near her ear, 3/4 view does not fix this normally), and her upper lip reduced. The rest is make up, good lighting, and a touch of photoshop. It's all relatively minor stuff, but when combined, you get korean idol.

>> No.6573231

>>6573216
That's one hell of a jaw surgery jeez. I'm reminded of that chapter of Franken Fran.

>> No.6573230

>>6573216
> dat before face shape
oh my god, her head was literally a flesh square. Is that even possible?

>> No.6573241

>>6573216
That's an entirely different girl in both the before and after so I don't see how it's relevant

she definitely had surgery

>> No.6573251
File: 19 KB, 500x225, kp3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573216

>> No.6573246

>>6573176
>here eyes look the same
Uhm, no, they don't. They were definitely lifted, although the make-up and lens on the second pic enhances that.

>Her jaw is the same
No, it was clearly shaved down a bit. And yes, I know angles too.

>lips [...] the kind of make up she has on
Now I gotta ask: ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND?
Her upper lip is MASSIVE on the first pic and tiny on the second. NO amount of make-up or smiling can hide that much volume.

You've GOT to be trolling.

>> No.6573262

>>6573241
>That's an entirely different girl in both the before and after

Lol

>> No.6573263
File: 82 KB, 395x594, Emily+Deschanel+Zooey+Deschanel+Vanity+Fair+g6hvy1swuNJl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573216
Reminds me of the Deschanel sisters' jawlines.

>> No.6573265
File: 24 KB, 480x302, k4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573251

>> No.6573257

>>6573230
Asians, man. Asians. Probably chinese.

>> No.6573294

>>6573263
Ugh, they are so... normal looking. I will never understand why they are so adored.

inb4 jelly fatty/ugly
I can appreciate pretty people, I just think they both are painfully average with pretty-ish eyes.

>> No.6573290

>>6573251
I really really want jaw shaving surgery now. Dat perfect oval.

>> No.6573303

>>6573262
Not in that one, I mean the before and after in that photo is a different person in the other before and after

>> No.6573314

mm, well i've had my eating disorder prior to discovering j-fashion, but it definitely didn't help at all. Aspiring to be as small as asian models is a part of the reason i got down to my LW of 68 lbs at 5'0 (was 5'1 but lost some height due to osteoporosis), not the healthiest weight for a 20 year old girl haha.

>> No.6573340

man, i could go all day with these surgery pictures, but i'll derail the thread. i look at these things almost every week...

>> No.6573360

you really can't take Before and After photos seriously that are from the actual clinic

>> No.6573363
File: 73 KB, 151x330, Picture 6.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573314
>LW:68lbs
even at only 5'0/5'1, that ain't kawaii, 90lbs sure, 68lbs no

>> No.6573393

>>6573363

oh, i know haha. i've been in treatment for my eating disorder since august and am now at a much more stable weight (92 lbs). though to be honest, i do miss being smaller

>> No.6573396

I'm fat now, but I was anorexic and bulimic for about ~9 years, sometimes better and sometimes worse.
Discovered jrock and jfashion about 8 years ago. I guess it made it worse. cgl made me fatter though. I spend so much fucking time on cgl/taobao now.

>> No.6573412

>>6573340
Where? I want to see them all

>> No.6573417

>>6571793
I am currently an 18 year old senior in high school and in the past 2 years I have put on roughly 60 pounds. Wanting to cosplay and loving j-fashion has contributed to me disliking my appearance greatly. I feel guilty for wanting to cosplay skinny, cute girls when I am no longer skinny and cute. fyi I am 5'2 and about 170 atm

>> No.6573416

>>6572136
i know that feel anon :/ Being called cute while other girls get called beautiful or sexy gets old. Makes me feel like i never grew up.

>> No.6573420

Currently I'm 105 at 5'3 my goal is about 80lbs by spring break. Gotta say j-fashion has contributed alot to my obsession, lolita especially.

>> No.6573436

>>6573412
kpsurgery.tumblr.com
If you go back, you do see a lot of cellphone pics that girls have taken, which aren't clinic pics like >>6573360 mentioned. that anon is right, though. in some of the pics, you can see how they photoshopped the girls on top of surgery. kind of sad.

>> No.6573448

>>6572512
I think you have an adorable body. Its cute as fuck.

Related to the topic though, I have never cosplayed, but I am into cosplay and k and j-fashion. I have to say that it does suck that I probably wouldn't look as cute as they do in the clothes they wear because usually they suit shorter and smaller body frames than the one I have. But I don't feel like my body is ugly or anything.

>> No.6573453
File: 81 KB, 269x184, Picture 10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573420
>Currently I'm 105 at 5'3 my goal is about 80lbs

>> No.6573459
File: 109 KB, 500x837, lGuNw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've accepted my viking body, large milksacks, and orangatan arms for now. I lost around 15 lbs from being chronically ill though. I get a kick out girls who are very thin and put on make up to make themselves look sicker. I'm constantly putting make up on to cover the fact that I'm sick. If I don't wear make up, people are constantly asking me if I'm ok. But being on here has warped my perception of my body somewhat. I have noticed I yell at obese people on the TV more than I used to.

>> No.6573462

>>6573420
are you kidding? the lowest i've been at 5' 2" is like 93, and while i still did have a little bit of fat on my stomach, i can't imagine losing 13 more lbs at that height, let alone an inch taller.

>> No.6573463

My measurements are 40 bust, 30 waist, and 36.5 hips. I'm five foot seven inches tall. 142lbs last I checked [it's been maybe a month since I've had access to a working scale.] 18 years old. :\

It's absolutely frustrating as hell. I have decent muscles, but all they do is make my thighs look thick.
I work out [mostly ab exercises and yoga every morning and night before bed. I've been doing these for three years and still have a lovely layer of tummy flab, despite the killer abs underneath] and I diet [no sodas, dessert only on special occasions, abstaining from junk food with friends, lots of veggies, lots of water and tea], but my sizing never really changes. Probably has to do with the fact that I'm an emotional eater and, in extremes [that don't happen often anymore] a purger.

Looking at my measurements, I know I'll never be able to fit into Lolita, despite my hopes. Even if I were to lose enough weight, my shoulders are too broad. Also, because of my broad shoulders and my insecurities regarding my body shape [which my boyfriend insists I'm too harsh on myself about and that my curves are sexy as hell], I mostly do a lot of crossplaying. I have the perfect binder that completely flattens out my chest.

just... it's frustrating

>> No.6573480

>>6573462
We probably have different body types, not every one has the same proportions

>> No.6573493

>>6572512
wow we have the same body type! this picture is pretty much what i look like right now.
i always fret about my stupid thighs too!

>> No.6573496
File: 117 KB, 391x800, teen-transformation-andrea-pasutti_a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573480
I understand that, but there's a point when it can't look good or be healthy. Here's a picture of a girl who was 5' 3" and 80lbs.

>> No.6573497
File: 180 KB, 564x604, 6203842310_7dcd03d724_z.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've always wanted to stay skinny, but getting in j-fashion has made me super jealous of the size 0s and 1s. And of any girl with an inner thigh gap. I'd love to be that thin and have that gap.
Even more agitating because I'm not built to be that small.

>> No.6573504

The only thing that it's really done is motivate me to lose weight and work hard to keep it off and maintain what I've lost. I don't really have unrealistic views of what I want my body to be. I'm always going to be on the stocky side. I'll probably never have a tiny waist. But I think my goals are pretty good. If I'm lucky, I'll be fitting into partially shirred brand when I reach my goal. Right now, back and full shirred are my only options, but as I'm losing I'm really proud of things fitting better or fitting into things I previously thought I'd be unable to, even just some simple Bodyline blouses.

>> No.6573506
File: 41 KB, 225x338, teen-transformation-andrea-pasutti_bsm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573496
here she is at 107lbs. she definitely doesn't look fat, but she doesn't look sickly.

even if you want to go down to 80lbs, i just hope you do it safely, anon. it's your body, obviously, but don't hurt yourself.

>> No.6573508

>>6573496
what a...strange, manly body.

>> No.6573526
File: 21 KB, 332x492, 1349046285324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6572702
Please be in London

>> No.6573529
File: 51 KB, 545x366, dsgdg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573436
I love you.

And how do they even fix this kind of underbite anyway?

>> No.6573532

i'm extremely skinny so it doesn't matter to me

it definitely doesn't make me feel better about myself though, I still feel like a 12 year old boy.

>> No.6573539

>>6572136
>>6573416
I'd love to have the cute tiny waif body instead of the sexy body (I hate my boobs). Would much rather be cute and adorable rather than sexy.

>> No.6573535

When I was younger bitchy-teasers would call me fat because i wore shapeless clothing until i believed i was fat. Wore black alot, made alot of my own clothes, got mocked in high school. New high school, wore black first 3 mufti-days (out of uniform if you are unfamiliar with the colloquialism) then wore a blue t-shirt on the fourth and was told "see you can actually look ok if you try really really hard" by said bitches. Day i gave up on feeling good about my body image. also the day i gave up trying to fit in AT ALL. Sad/happy face?

>> No.6573542

>>6573529
A lot of oral surgery and orthodontic work. I had a massive overbite and it took a decade of work for them to correct it.

>> No.6573551

>>6573529
braces fix it! a lot of people get braces for cosmetic reasons, but in the western world where we're obsessed with the whitest, straightest teeth, getting braces and whitening your teeth doesn't really seem as drastic as getting double eyelids or something, but it pretty much is.

braces do a lot! i'd know, haha.

>> No.6573548

>>6573497
Same, same. Some of us just aren't built to have a gap. When I was in shape, I had a teeny waist, fairly small hips but my thighs were still giant and exercise only made them bigger. (Plus dat ass.) No gap! I was sad but I have since realized my muscles would have to waste away before that gap appeared and I plan on no such thing so I have come to terms with it.

>> No.6573549

>>6573496
She's muscle-y, not totally skinnyfat. She would look at least 5 pounds bigger if she were like me.

Not quoted anon, by the way, just someone who is 5'6", been about 98lbs and still never looked sick of too thin. I have, like, 0 muscle, I can barely lift a 2 liter bottle.

>> No.6573561

I have an extremely high metabolism, and CANNOT gain weight. Ive tried protein powder, body builder diets, eating really lots of really unhealthy food on purpose, nothing. I dont mind my body, and I LOVE my boobs, but what I hate as even though Im not all that underweight i constantly get called anorexic, bulimic, a stranger will sometimes yell something like EAT SOMETHING FOR FUCK SAKES. Not trying to say skinny girls are worse off etc etc but, in my personal experience, if a kid gets told off at all for insulting someone its usually for saying you are fat. Its not ok to bring up a girl is overweight, that may hurt her feelings, she already has low selfesteem, yet the same person will sit there uncaring as a girl is berated for being too thin?

>> No.6573562

>>6573551
oh, and like >>6573542 said, oral surgery. i kind of lump that all under "braces" since that was what my braces experience was like.

>> No.6573564

>>6573549
you might not look sick or thin, but you obviously aren't healthy if you can't lift a 2 liter bottle.

>> No.6573572
File: 24 KB, 423x436, 75210_240169739451374_2027791651_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not lifting a 2L is not healthy...

>> No.6573571
File: 228 KB, 400x600, Maryou-Chouzuki-nagoya071400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Chouzuki Maryou made me want to gain weight.

>> No.6573574

>>6573496
Oh god if thats 80lbs at 5'3 then i'm changing my goal to 70 by summer holiday. Fuck I just want to be waifish and adorable

>> No.6573575

>>6573564
Yes, I am. Really, I've been to loads of doctors. I just kinda have always been like that, ever since the first days of school in PE where I couldn't throw a ball over three feet away from me (rough exaggeration, obviously). I'm just extremely weak for that kind of thing, everything else is fine and I can do cardio like any other person.

>> No.6573576

>>6573571
She honestly puts on weight in all the right places.

>> No.6573577

To me, a girl is too thin when her thighs and calves are the same size. Way skinny, or broad-boned as hell, people do have natural for THEM weights (totally off topic example but when peter jackson went way skinny he looked like he was at deathsdoor, he could have stood to be healthier, but didnt need to go THAT far. he is NOT built to be a skinny person)

>> No.6573585

>>6573572
I said barely. I can lift it, it's just tremendously heavy.

>> No.6573586
File: 315 KB, 728x564, gazelle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My nickname in elementary school was gazelle. Then when I got to middle school it was TIT-tanic.
Body wtf r u doin

>> No.6573584
File: 36 KB, 620x382, TF2Heavy1--article_image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573571
I want to get real big and husky and strongfat then cosplay genderswapped TF2 Heavy.

Big is beautiful.

>> No.6573594
File: 78 KB, 443x733, 5D49AACB-E381-4F26-80CD-7095A3A6CBDE-2475-0000026B042F37E9-1_zpsb9769957.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/raises hand/
I am legitimately fat.
But actually, I don't feel prettier than when I put on my loli.
I've battled with hating my body all my life, but I always failed at changing it. What I finally realized, is that I'm trying to change to suit other people's desires. As long as that is my motivation, I will fail.
Before I can change me, I need to love me. So I'm getting into the things I love (working on my first lolita coord) and I'm not letting my fear of "What if I'm not pretty enough" get in the way. And looking at that dress and at my cosmetology school apron just make me feel so happy and accomplished. I'm finally being me.
Granted, I have promised myself to get in shape starting this year. But I don't think I specifically WANT to be skinny. I love the sight of plump girls, and I want to emulate that. Not unhealthily overweight, but cute and curvy.

For me, Lolita is part of this changing point in my life. It's a new start for me. I can be cute if I want to be.

Pic related, my unfinished coord. (Other items are in the mail)

>> No.6573596

>>6573463
with what you're doing and how you're eating, it seems like you should be losing something. Have you gone to a nutritionist or at least had your thyroid checked?

>> No.6573607

>>6573586
>fat chick complaining about having big boobs

>> No.6573611

>>6573594
At least you have a waist, that's something to look forward to.

>> No.6573612
File: 234 KB, 500x334, tumblr_lctut29Sq01qcyk1do1_500.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to be thin enough to have protruding hip bones. I love the look of hip bones and collar bones that stick out. My collar bones already do, so would love to have my hips bones stick out too.

>> No.6573625

>>6573607
It's not fun being 12 and having DD's just saying.

>> No.6573632

>>6573596
I haven't been to a doctor for a general check up since I was 7, when I came to live with my Dad, because I was insanely malnourished and underweight from living with my Mother. I've been trying to get some kind of general check up since turning 18, but that's been difficult, especially since we don't have a family doctor or anything like that.
After going from essentially homeless to decently well off, my body put on weight REALLY fast and the stomach flab has stuck with me all these years and will not go away, no matter what I do.

>> No.6573633

>>6573497
Fucking this. Even in high school, when I was almost 5'7" and 110 lbs I still didn't have a fucking thigh gap. Fucking cursed with thunder thighs forever. And to make it worse I have to watch my boyfriend shovel down pizza and ice cream and junk food all damn day and he has the perfect slender build that I've always wanted. Shit'd just not fair. I starved for three years and I never came close to being as skinny as he is naturally.

>> No.6573643

>>6573611
I do. I'm very nicely proportioned, which I'm lucky for. Really, the thing I hate most about my body is my legs. I need to work them more. I'm just so bad at finding excersize routines that I can stick to. My eating isn't bad. I snack on fruits and veggies, and I try to eat normal meals. I've completely cut out soda, besides a Squirt or Dr. Pepper once in a blue moon.

My body and I just don't see eye to eye on some things. Lol.

>> No.6573642

>>6573625
Agreed. Double dd's at 13 for me. Yet 5'6" and 48kg, constant teasing that I will fall over and bounce back up, or had surgery. Gives me back issues. Not fun.

>> No.6573646

>>6573642
DD is not large. Get properly fitted, if you are as big as you are implying, you are probably closer to an F

>> No.6573655

>>6573633
The thigh gap thing is such a strange thing. I'm the same height and lost my thigh gap when I reached 165 lbs. I'm back down to 169 lbs after I lost a bunch of weight from going off the Seroquel plus being sick and I can already see my thigh gap coming back. Can we trade weights lol? Oh and my boyfriend is the same way. He can shovel three plates of chinese food in his mouth and he complains about not being able to gain weight while I'm trying to stick to under 1,500 calories a day. DAFUQ

>> No.6573662

>>6573643
Yeah, actually, I do think you're really fat, but I can mostly tell by your calves/lower legs. Your waist makes you look a lot less fat than I would expect with your legs.

>> No.6573668
File: 4 KB, 201x227, 1319595851862.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573265
>dat square face

>> No.6573669

>>6573655
I didn't have a thigh gap at 98lbs, but suddenly, after going up to 110lbs then going back down to 105lbs, I have it. I used to only have it in the mornings, but after eating or drinking ANYTHING, my thighs would touch. Now they just don't touch. I think my hips must have grown or something.

>> No.6573681

I love my thigh gap and hip bones. Apparently some people think they're disgusting, but I love to lie in that position and admire them sometimes

>> No.6573679

>>6573662
Yeah, bane of my existence, them legs. I need to work hardest on them. At least my waist is good to me.

Seeing myself like this has actually helped my self image a lot. I just hated my body in general before, and now I'm able to make a clear picture of what I want to be like, and what parts of me I want to change. It's easier to do when you have a clear goal in mind, you know?

>> No.6573680
File: 11 KB, 265x297, 1244920199861.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573561
This.

Currently, trying to gain weight. I try not to let things like that get to me but it does. I've even had people I don't know come up to me and grab my wrists. I dress like shit most of the time and always wear hoodies but I'm 5'8 so I stick out a bit. I usually dress in loli or j-fashion around friends. /cgl/ has helped me dress better and boosted my confidence since HS, but I still have a long ways to go.

>> No.6573682

>>6573646
DD is large for... ugh american sizing... would be... *converts* size 4 ish? My bust is bigger than my ass. Just saying.

>> No.6573683

>>6573646
What are you even talking about. Sure, a DD doesn't look too big on my six foot tall, 170 lbs ass, but a 105 lbs 13 year old having DD's?

>> No.6573685

>>6573612
My hip bones stick that way when I lay down too.

Much harder for them to poke when you're standing.

>> No.6573686

>>6573506

i think genetics plays the biggest role, I've seen tiny tiny tiny girls w/o it and I have it at 5'9 150

>> No.6573690

Does anyone know if the "afters" are legit?
http://kpsurgery.tumblr.com/
(might post it again in the next tumblr thread)
Korean surgery makes me think that it will be the answer to all of my face-related problems

>> No.6573696

>>6573561
I guess society is pretty much brutal towards body image...
>If someone's too fat, let's tease them
>If someone's too thin, let's tease them

I guess there's no pleasing anyone, huh?

>> No.6573698

>>6573686
Agreed. Alot of these "omg i want" thigh gap photos Ive seen are just bowlegged girls.

You have to be pretty unhealthy weight to have a thigh-gap without such.

(Bow-legged- when standing straight with feet together knees cant touch)

>> No.6573705

>>6573696
>>6573561
I got into EGL for this reason.
High-school: get beat up on for being skinny
EGL comms: Im so jealous of your body!!!oneone1! Wish i was that skinny!
Hey presto, Self confidence *-* :3

>> No.6573704
File: 144 KB, 545x372, 1293031156394.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>all these ladies that consider being slightly chubby is anything but perfect

I don't understand women, and never will.

>> No.6573710

>>6573704
My mom explained it as:
Girls are bust-waist-thighs and Boys are to penis length. I understand my sister now.

>> No.6573713

>>6573704
Meh. I think other chubby women are cute. *I* just don't look cute.

Like, they all have nice tits and jiggly asses and cute tummies and I look like a goddamn walrus.

>> No.6573716
File: 31 KB, 330x420, hellga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573459
>I've accepted my viking body, large milksacks, and orangatan arms for now.

>> No.6573717

>>6573713
Off-topic: walruses are awesome. *Points to walrus plushie in corner*

>> No.6573719

>>6573713
I'm the exact same way. It just looks terrible on me in my eyes.

>> No.6573725

>>6573698
Uhm, I'm on a very healthy weight, not restricting at all and my thighs don't touch even though my knees do. Sure they touch at the top (near vag) but I do have a gap that's nearly 1 inch big.

I do believe it's mostly genetic because I'm obviously not that thin, but saying you can't have it without either being sick or having bow-legs is a bit too much.

>> No.6573724

>>6573710
o.O @ ur mum dude seriusly

>> No.6573735

>>6573724
>o.O
>@
Lurk more

>> No.6573739

>>6573594
I think you look cute in your OP. And yes, you actually have a waist! I'm probably smaller than you in measurements and don't have much of a waist.

I do agree that it's really important to learn how to love and accept yourself. It makes getting in shape, working out, eating healthier a lot easier (not to mention making you feel great about yourself as well). When you love yourself, you're more prone to treating yourself well and caring for yourself both emotionally and physically.

Best of luck!

>> No.6573745
File: 32 KB, 548x338, oa3a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573698
Wish I had my knee and femur x-rays on me. I have a varus deformity on both knees which actually played a factor in why my ACL tore so easily. I'd rather be knock-knee because the weight load on the knee joint is not as destructive as if you were bow-legged. I'm already having knee pain from the deformity and I'm only 23.

>> No.6573750
File: 115 KB, 231x498, 1358115471655.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573704
Women's logic
Not even women understand it

>> No.6573775

>>6573739
Thank you very much :) I'll bet you're lovely, by the way. Just saying.

>> No.6573791

>>6573698
Wait...most people's knees touch when their feet are together? (I'm >>6572848 so I don't really know what's "normal" with legs)
I mean, my knees are very, very close together - closer than my thighs, but I'd never consider myself bowlegged...

>> No.6573787

>>6573682
>>6573683
You must have missed the bra size discussion earlier. Cup size is not a good indication of size without the band also, because cup size changes in relation to the band size.

For example, a 28D = 30C = 32B = 34A. They all have the same volume in the cup. A DD is not large if your band size is also small! The cup letter simply refers to the difference between the underbust and overbust measurements.

I used to wear 34A because I didn't know any better. Now I wear 28D. You might think WOAH THAT'S A BIG CUP SIZE JUMP! but in reality it's the same volume, just a better-fitting bra.

>> No.6573806

I really dislike the whole looks over construction when it comes to cosplay. I've seen many great craftsmenship costumes, but they're overlooked by ones held together with hot glue and fun foam because of looks. Ah well.

>> No.6573808

>>6573690
Well, a lot of them do have more flattering makeup and circle lenses plus lighting and better skin. SOME people did actually get acne treatment, though, so their skin did change.

I personally know a korean girl who has gotten almost her entire face and boobs done. She looks great.

>>6573791
I agree? I didn't think most people had knees that touched. Mine are very close, but they don't touch, even with my feet completely touching from toes to heels (a lot of girls get their thigh gap by standing with their toes together and heels apart).

>> No.6573810

>>6573787
Not where im from... 8C, 10C, and 12C all cover me cupwise when im a 16C (aussie sizes) Maybe its a country thing... or perhaps a brand thing but a bra cup is a bra cup here. (I work for bonds and get a discount so mostly shop there)

>> No.6573815

>>6573745
oh honey...
Are those your films?

>> No.6573826

>>6571848
Holy shit she's hot

>> No.6573833

>>6573815
No, but I tried to find an x-ray that looked similar to mine. My x-rays are on this disc but it won't work on my Mac for some reason and I can't extract the jpgs.

>> No.6573850

>>6573833
If I may ask, do you know what caused your deformity? Was it physiologic (no disease was spotted) or pathologic (rickets, skeletal dysplasia, Blount disease, etc)?

How old are you?
Did you always have the deformity?

>> No.6573852

Am I the only diagnosed anorexic who was unaffected by fashion? Who cares. I'm not fucking starving for looks.

>> No.6573861

Ever since I've gotten into j and k-fashion a few years ago, I've been trying to lose my stomach and gain a waistline (current measurements are 5'1, 33-27-35, about 110 lbs-ish though it fluctuates from 108-114), but it's been pretty difficult. The lowest weight I've been is 102 lbs, but I've just steadily gained it back for the past years. Luckily i tend to store fat on my hips so it doesn't show too much. I know i'll never be like one of those cute Korean ulzzangs but i'm trying to do what i can...

>> No.6573862

>>6573852
I starved myself after miscarrying and finding out i cant get pregnant again. Couldn't bare the thought of the slightest hint of a stomach bulge... couldn't fit my dresses anymore though and eventually that won out over my depression.

>> No.6573880

>>6573850
Well, it seems like I was born like that since my knees would always give out as a kid. I'm on a waiting list to see a specialist because they suspect my dysautonomia is being caused by Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which would explain my constant joint issues, fucked up bones, and joint hyper mobility. The DNA testing and diagnoistics takes time with these sort of genetic syndromes, plus they need to find out which type I have if I even have the syndrome.

>> No.6573887

>>6572703
Post pics of your beak lips!

>> No.6573892

>>6573852
>I'm not fucking starving for looks.
Yeah, you are probably one of the small minority that starves over other stuff. It usually develops from "harmless" dieting.

Mind elaborating a littlle? I like connecting with people who suffer with the same stuff I do.

>> No.6573893

>>6573862
I'm really sorry to hear that anon, but I'm glad you recovered.

>> No.6573904

>>6573561
Same metabolism. Same diets. 5'10" and I've never been over 110lbs.
Endlessly called names and have gotten all of the "Wow you're so disgusting" and "do you have an ED" from close family. I don't give a fuck from strangers who spout "you're unhealthy and need to gain weight", but from aunts, grandmothers, my own mom... it used to get to me. I also get told to go into modelling, and photographed/followed/complimented by strangers in public, but I somehow only ever heard "You're ugly".
I'm finally in a situation where I can buy myself food and not have to walk everyday, and I'm steadily maintaining 111 and looking my best. Surprisingly, I actually have boobs and thighs.
I still can't fit into my size 0 clothes, but I'm happy and secure with my body. dermatillomania scars, huge jutted bones, pea head, giraffe neck, football shoulders and all -- which makes all the difference.
Try to just enjoy the way you are, guys. Dance in the mirror in the morning and sing about how sexy you are. Look at all the cute parts of yourself. You're the way you're supposed to look, not the way japanese media says you should, so don't feel bad about your appearance and you'll start to look so, so much better.

>> No.6573905

>>6573852

No. Most true eating disorders are caused by upbringing.

>> No.6573912

>>6573904
Lurker here. Almost cried. Thank you.

>> No.6573968

>>6573912
I wish I could hug you, because I'm really sure that /cgl/ is mostly really adorable girls with a dysphoric, warped view of themselves because they aren't rich east asian models who've spent thousands on surgery.
Its the most genuinely depressing effect of weeabooism that I've ever seen.

>> No.6573986

>>6573862
be thankful, children are hell

>> No.6573989

>>6573968
Incoming group hug T^T

>> No.6573990

If anything, I'm really sad that I can never wear things like cute bikini cosplays without worrying about how my back or ribs look. I'm a good height and body type for that kind of cosplay, petite and thin. But I've got a really severe back curvature that affects how my shoulders sit, and it makes one shoulder blade jutt out really awkwardly, and my lower ribs on the opposite side in the front do the same.

I've got a pretty face, I'm small, I've got decent sized boobs, and naturally maintain a low weight, but having bones sticking out like that is just... eugh. I was flat-out told that surgery would be the only way to fix it, and it would probably be too risky since even though it causes me physical pain, it's not severe enough to interfere with everyday life.

I hate my back, and I wish I had the kind of posture and bone structure that so many other cosplayers have.

>> No.6574002

>>6573990
I have reasonably mild scolliosis on the grand scale of things (some people are really 90 degree angles!) My left shoulder is about 1 1/2 inches higher when i try to stand up straight, but it makes my right rib cage protrude. Selfconcious as fuck about it. I so know that feel <3

>> No.6574008

I used to be obese, but after tons of time on /fa/ and /cgl/, I decided I wanted to look good, especially in cosplay, and went to /fit/. Rather than have a terrible view on my physique, it's only improved it and I work to make it better every day.

>> No.6574010

I've lost 15lbs because of /cgl/ but I can see my self body image is becoming distorted and I see myself as fat when I'm perfectly not. Not sure what to do.

>> No.6574023

>>6574002
Hugs all around, man :<

>> No.6574033

>>6574002
I have some mild scoliosis too, my hip is about .5"/about a 20-30' angle higher on one side which in turn makes one side of my waist be a gentle curve compared to the other.

Also my tail bone sits a bit to the right which I just noticed a few weeks ago. It's long(for a tail bone) and makes it hard to sit for a long period of time/do certain exercises

Aesthetically I don't most people would notice anything but my "slouching" (I can't really stand up straight, if I try it doesn't look right and hurts to keep up)unless I pointed it out, but it cause some pretty bad back pain after a while. I always have tense/pulled muscles, going back to massage therapy thankfully, even if the 30 min sessions don't fix things for long(lasts about 48 hours)

It doesn't help that my body likes to sleep in a weird position.

>> No.6574049

>>6574033
Me too on the tailbone. Sit ups in PE in highschool murdered me.

>> No.6574059

>>6574049
I was fine with sit ups, it was mostly v sits and the like. One mat was not enough for me. It doesn't work for too long, but I've even had to buy a cushion for when I'm at my boyfriend's house, because I can't sit in his other computer chair for long.

I also bruised it somehow 3 weeks ago, and it's still not entirely fine.

>> No.6574086
File: 41 KB, 300x320, 1239254962507.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't believe you guys actually care what a bunch of bitchy 15 year old girls think about you.
And I don't give a shit how I'd be percieved in a country I'll never live in. It's ridiculous, none of you are Japanese!

>> No.6574115

Years of seeing all the thin cute lolitas and j fashion models have just made me want to lose weight. I am also in the same community of a pretty well known thin lolita and whenever I see here i meets it drives me further. recently I have cut my calories down to 900 and eat healthy when I eat. I am fat by cgl standards, 120 and 5'5", but I want to get down to the mid 90's. I just feel that at that weight I will like my body a lot more, be less jealous, happier, look good in anything I wear. I would say I don't have a distorted view on weight, I don't hate my body, I don't see a problem with changing somethings to make myself happier.

>> No.6574134

>>6574115
You aren't fat by /cgl/ standards with stats like that unless you're hopelessy apple shaped with a big gut
Maybe a bit chunky in the "you could use some exercise and lose a few inches" at most. Otherwise it's just "you aren't skinny, you are just averagely thin"

seriously, stop exaggerating

>> No.6574199

>>6574134
How am I exaggerating? I have seen Skinner girls than me get called fat on cgl. I never said I personally think I am fat.

>> No.6574213

I'm 5'2.5 and 101 pounds, am I fat to cgl?

>> No.6574216

>>6574086
It's not about "oh no, these people I'm never going to meet think I'm ugly!", more like "look at all of these thin pretty people, if only I could be like them".

>> No.6574222

>>6574199
They were probably not called fat seriously, or maybe you just have a poor view on how your body looks compared to theirs.

I'm about an inch or two taller and 9 pounds lighter and I'm pretty sure I'm thin (or at least I want to believe I am. Recovering anorexic here, hai). Even by the bitchest standards I don't think you could be called fat or even chubby.

>> No.6574256

I'm 56kg at 5'1, and seeing everyone else complain about their weight is honestly making me cringe because I'm so much fatter. My thighs touch, damn it (Yes, I'm working on losing the weight).

What does /cgl/ do for exercise? We always talk about diets, but what do you guys do for exercise? What do you find burns the most?

>> No.6574261

>>6574222
I honestly couldn't care less if anyone thinks I am fat. I was mostly commenting on cgl's ridiculous standards, from what I have seen, when I said that. I didn't mean that everyone even the bitches irl must think I am a lard ass!!
sorry if that sounded really bitchy i am just trying to explain myself.

>> No.6574273

>>6574256
Running, skipping, and plyometrics do the best for me.

>> No.6574283

>>6573905
Actually, the current working model for anorexia's cause primarily targets genetics. Upbringing just reinforces it or starts you along the path.

>>6573904
My best friend has been "accused" of being anorexic all her life for being a similar size...I know damn well she is just that size. Just more proof of the ignorance behind nagging anyone about their weight. Totally with you. Keep being awesome.

>> No.6574318

>>6574283
While I can believe your friend isn't anorexic, unless she has some sort of condition and has been checked by a doctor, she more than likely is too active for how much/little she eats in a day, perhaps has days where she's busy and forgets to eat, etc but not to the point where it's affecting her health right now. Though she might not be getting some important nutrients which can be a problem later on in life.

It's basically the opposite of heavier/overweight people who claim they eat healthy or who claim they don't eat much

>> No.6574321

>>6574318
i.e both people from each group aren't always lazy slobs/eat terribly, they just tend to forget/not pay attention

>> No.6574327
File: 280 KB, 1728x2592, scla.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was at a normal weight before but always felt too big to wear the J-fashion shit I like, I just felt really chubby.
So I decided to "shed some pounds"

Enden up loosing from 141 lbs to 106 lbs
(5'9½" tall)

Now I look like a little boy/girl, and this suits those kinds of clothes alot better, sadly.

>> No.6574341
File: 22 KB, 444x322, 1302044664525.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574327
way too thin, and underweight by quite a bit none the less.

>> No.6574352

>>6574341
I think she looks pretty. She's far from way too thin. She looks quite healthy. Sure, a little on the boyish side, but there's nothing wrong with that. Your fatty is showing, anon.

>> No.6574350

yes :(
I really really want to be super skinny like in OP's pic
dont juge me

>> No.6574358

>>6572614
>35-27-38

Aw shit, we've got the same measurements. I was glad to get a smaller waist when I lost weight but losing my boobs was a shame (at my largest I had a D cup and now I'm a mere B). It looks like I have nowt left to lose off my hips but I'd be happier with smaller thighs.

Hopefully all these squats and oats will at least tone up my thighs and give me more of an arse.

>> No.6574362

>>6574352
106 pounds is considered underweight for somebody who's 5'9", even for a small frame. She should be about 120 pounds at that height.

>> No.6574368

>>6574362
even if she was 120 pounds, her bmi would be 17,5 (at 5'9½), so even that is underweight

>> No.6574374

>>6574368
Yeah I know. I'm trying to shoot for something that's a little more realistic.

http://www.brianmac.co.uk/idealw.htm
Breaks down general range of weight.

>> No.6574382

ITT: people not knowing the difference between self-esteem/body issues versus eating disorders.

>> No.6574387

>>6574318
I'm 30, not 15. There's seriously nothing wrong with her. But genuine thanks for your concern.

>> No.6574394

I eat ALOT although its reasonably healthy. Cant get over 50kg though. 5'9". Some people need to be healthier weight gain OR weight loss wise, but you cant always pick your body type. Im just built this way. High metabolisms UNITE

>> No.6574413

>>6574387
Did you read my post? I never said anything was wrong with her, just she probably doesn't pay attention to eating as much as she could/should. My brother is the same way.(I wasn't the anon you responded to)

The only thing I said is the reason someone would be significantly/notably underweight who doesn't have any sort of illness or eating disorder is if they don't eat as much as they should, which in these cases is usually because they don't really pay attention for whatever reason
(generally I find it's because they're busy and forget to eat, or only grab something really small) and isn't what people refer to as "naturally thin"(i.e the person just has a super fast metabolism/doesn't gain weight for magical reason despite you seeing them eat something fatty for lunch), especially since metabolism's don't really differ all that much aside from certain factors like age/illness/conditions/or they're REALLY active
Ex: my friend who is about 80-85lbs and 5'5 falls into the last category. She eats large healthy meals, but she was active as hell during highschool(Taekwondo, Badminton, dancing, and I think swimming). I think she's around 105lbs now that she only dances and is too busy with school.

>> No.6574412 [DELETED] 
File: 262 KB, 368x1098, toofat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this thread has me wondering
am I too fat to be anime girl ??
everyone on this thread is like way skinnier than me but thinks they're fat and it makes me feel like a cow lol

>> No.6574416

>>6574394
just ate 660 grams of panpizza and had a coke for lunch, 48 kilo 5'9" master race unite

>> No.6574422

>>6574394
read
>>6574413
>>6574318
TD;LR Unless you've been tested by your doctor, or are extremely active, it's very unlikely you're underweight because your metabolism is too high.

I'm not trying to bark, just people should kind of stop saying it's because of a high metabolism when that's almost never the case. It's like when overweight people say they're overweight because they think they have a really low metabolism when they most commonly have normal if not sightly higher metabolisms because generally they don't suffer from conditions that would affect their metabolism in any significant manner.

Unless someone is dangerously underweight, it doesn't matter too much as long as you're eating healthy and such. Just stop automatically dismissing it to things like "naturally skinny" or "high metabolism", because it's quite uncommonly if not rarely correct.

>> No.6574423

>>6574412
Nah, maybe not shapely enough for most though. At most you could look a little fitter, but definitely not too big. You're what I'd call skinny fat. I think you'd have a good body for the Meguca's excluding Mami unless you got a corset and a water bra.

>> No.6574424

>>6574327

:O

oh bby you're so pretty
I can't determine if you're "healthy" from just this one picture, but I really hope you are.

Also, I have self-esteem issues stemming from fashion. I'm 5'6, 125 lb, which is a weight I'd be fine with, except I have a less than average ass(seriously, men's pants fit me better than women's pants), relatively large thighs (most of my muscle is stored there for whatever reason) and most of my fat goes to my stomach.

I don't have a great amount of will-power when it comes to food, though, so I think I'm just going to go to the gym and burn the excess 5-10lb off and work on gaining it back/transforming it into muscle on places on my body that won't be on my stomach.

If I can get it to slender muscle (treadmill here I come), I will be a great cross-dresser.

I haven't started yet because I'm still not finished applying to college and I'm really sick, which in turn has a very high chance of triggering my asthema, so I'm not going to risk it until I'm better.

Also, I smoked cigarettes until this September/October and I'm really afraid of going back into full work-out mode and realizing I've been horrifically affected by it. Fucckkk.

>> No.6574428

>>6574394 here
I do nothing. I sew , I post online, I feed my 17 pets, I fuck my boyfriend i got to bed. Im not saying my metabolism is slowly eating me from the inside and its making me underweight and im gunna die!!!1!!eleven

Eat lots + do nothing + dont gain weight= doctors says its high metabolism. My dad has it too. Hes 6'1 70kg and 62yo. He eats a whole chicken as his meat portion for dinner. Some people are just genetically blackholes lol

tl:dr Lol peoplz who think theyre doctorz and metabolism affects nothing

>> No.6574431

Wholly fuck I read some of this this morning... looong life thread

>> No.6574434

I'm 5'11". I've always hated the fact that I'm not cute and small. Right now, I think I'm really fat. Total pear shape, big ass and thighs. You can count my ribs though and my boobs are meagre B's, perhaps almost A's.

At some point, I went on a diet / exercise spree and lost a lot of weight. I was permanently tired and hungry. However, I still didn't look thin while wearing clothing because I have extremely wide hips. My hipbones jutted out of my sides and you could count my ribs. Still felt fat. In the end, it was a regime I couldn't keep up because I started injuring my knees.

I really want to lose weight again and become as thin as I was, but with less exercise and less eating. /cgl/ is definitely one of the causes. I feel huge when comparing myself to the pictures of some girls on here. I'm convinced I'm way too big to cosplay. Yet, when I tell my friends that I want to lose more weight, they say I'm not fat and that anorexia ain't good. I really don't believe them anymore.

>> No.6574435

>>6574428
>never said metabolisim affects nothing
>never said you said "its making me underweight and im gunna die!!!1!!eleven "
>never said you specifically, I was speaking in general terms since a lot of people put it off to that, especially here on /cgl/
>did say a low/under weight usually isn't because of a significantly higher metabolism
>did say unless you go to your doctor, and they determine through metabolic tests, don't say shit like "lul completely natural, fast metabolism!!!11!!!!!!
>did say it's like when fat people say they have a low metabolism when that REALLY is not the case most of the time

>> No.6574455
File: 90 KB, 694x679, 1299128630980.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6573497
>tfw even some guys have the thigh gap.

Just kill me.

>> No.6574460

>>6574412
small tits, plus a bloated stomach. Bad combo.

>> No.6574462
File: 422 KB, 500x667, mlksa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>has cosplaying or lolita affected your outlook on your image?
Not really. I've never dressed in ways that were terrible for my body type and I've learned to like myself. Some parts of me were harder to accept than others. 5'4 225 here btw. I think the hardest part to come to terms with was my lower abdomen, which is slightly distended and flappy because I regained/lost so much weight. I need a tummy tuck but it's something that can wait. I like my face a lot so I don't have a problem with that.

I think playing a lot of sports and doing things like lifeguarding in high school and college kept my esteem up even if I was overweight. Because you feel like you're accomplishing something even though you're different. Most of my friends say that's the reason I carry my weight so well. Acquaintances/people from4chinz usually guess me around 170-180 and I don't have the guts to say they're about 50 pounds off. I still enjoy things like walks and swimming, and I don't get winded doing things.

And idk, I look at people in this thread who are well below 100 pounds and still say they hate their bodies and it makes me kind of sad. I think bodies like that are fine the way they are, and there's no reason to lose more weight lest you put yourselves in danger of some unhealthy habits. I myself am seeing a nutritionist to talk about my recent weight gain and what are some triggers I have to make me want to overeat.

Seriously, if it's overwhelming then get help. There's no shame in asking for help.

>> No.6574474
File: 279 KB, 200x215, l_2c38ac88586b8b0eb26113ba1eb57135.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh my god, I've been missing out so much. I have a thing for such threads because I can relate to them. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to read all of it now and it's so long, but maybe I'll try later.
Anyway, in my case, since I started going on /cgl/ I've been crazy about appearance! You girls are so helpful. It makes me feel good improving my looks. Looking through thousands of pictures of jfashion and cosplay I started to desire the perfect thin bodyshape. Even though I'm naturally thin, I wanted to look even better. I am currently 116 lbs at 5'6-5'7 height. I am very satisfied.
Love you, /cgl/
Now I'm gonna do some cardio

>> No.6574473

>>6574462
> 5'4 225

you're a man, your weight issues dont count.

>> No.6574475

>>6574473
>woman
Sorry hinny.

>> No.6574478

>>6574475
>landwhale

FTFY

>> No.6574481
File: 169 KB, 900x896, 1351725963941.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574478
So original bloxbloxblox

>> No.6574491
File: 1.81 MB, 1936x2592, lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574424
Honestly I feel like I could never wear salopettes for example if I hadn't lost weight, I'm already very tall, so tall+chubby in a salopette won't work.
Atleast not on me. But I love salopettes for casual wear so I feel I have to maintain and always watch my weight.

>> No.6574497

>>6574481
My bad. Didnt realize you heard it so often. As much as I would like to come up with some new hip, trendy buzzword for landwhale its 4 in the morning and I canted be assed to. I will say this though, me mistaking you for a guy only to find out you're a woman is a pretty bad sign. I mean really, I can understand being 5'4 and being in the 140-150 range of being overweight, but 225? Thats just fking sad.

>> No.6574501
File: 490 KB, 220x166, watch out.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574497
I don't. I only ever hear it on 4chan coincidentally.
You're just too edgy for me anon. I can't handle you, k?

>> No.6574512

>>6573526
Nope. Northeastern US. ;_;

>> No.6574516

>>6574497
A 5'4 140 person isn't overweight tho...and at 150 they're only considered overweight by .7 according to the BMI scale, and we all know how accurate that is to measure health.
Hone your trolling skills anon, they're shabby.

>> No.6574525

>>6574516
I've seen 5'4 150 lb women, they are love handle central. Also bmi's dont matter for shit

>> No.6574534
File: 39 KB, 325x400, bwl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574525
I'm sure you have anon. Lol.
>mfw arguing with someone who thinks 120 pounds is fattie status and hates their own body because they don't have teh thigh gap ;______;

>> No.6574540

Use to be 60kg through out high school, had the hour glass figure big butt, big rack small waist and being 5'7".
Hated clingy clothes made people always stare. Men think I was an adult and not a kid(I'm from the uk btw)
Hide my figure, hated every bit of it. Never paid attention to the fact I was gaining weight rapidly in college after having 8 miscarriages.
Had to go for an MRI a few years later, took my weight 110kg. Turned out I had shrunk aswell to 5'5". Couldn't get my head around it, couldn't see I was fat now.
Tried to lose the weight wasn't really shifting. Found Lolita, started measuring myself to see if I could. Horridfify by the 120-95-136 measurements, wasn't going to fit anything. My dress form didn't even go any where near those sizes.
Started aiming for 76cm waist, wanted to at least get into bodyline's cute skirts.
Did it felt good, then my legs started to buckle got told to lose the rest of the weight(88kg then) told to drop to 57kg if I want to keep walking.
Now 62kg, 5'7", 85-62-90 still got to drop a little but I'm feel thinner than I use to be. I my bones poke out more, I feel disgusting but my thighs a still massive and I need to drop more by doctor orders.
I'm starting to get too thin for loli unless I'm hunting down some really old pieces.
If I could get the extra weight off my legs, I would be allowed to stop.

>> No.6574545

>>6574534
Learn to type a proper paragraph. Jesus christ.

>> No.6574550

>>6574545
But...you don't deserve a response with a proper paragraph. But maybe if you had that thigh gap...

>> No.6574551

>>6574534
My boyfriend is 5'10 and 155, there is no way in hell a woman who is 5'4 and 150 doesnt look overweight.

Stop trying to argue this, fatass.

>> No.6574554
File: 19 KB, 500x836, 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574551
Mmm language anon.
Sorry, a 5'4 person that weighs 150 doesn't look overweight. It's a tough pill to swallow for you, I'm sure.
>you'll never have this delicious, desired physique

>> No.6574555

>>6574551
>having a manlet bf
Lol so that's where your insecurities come from.

>> No.6574561

>>6574551
...did you just call your boyfriend overweight?

>> No.6574563

>>6574562
That's not what I asked...

>> No.6574565
File: 67 KB, 2000x2000, 1342923092669.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574562
>>6574551
>>6574545
>>6574525
>>6574497
>>6574478
>>6574473
The misquotes really gave it away.

>> No.6574568

>>6574554
i am 5'4" and 140 and how do you have boobs so big?? I am flat, wtf genetics

>> No.6574569

>>6574555
>Making a big deal out of 2 inches

I wouldnt make a habit of nitpicking anon. I really dont think women who are in the 150~ range having that many options. Plus he looks perfectly fine, I think more men should aspire to his body type instead giant roided of pieces of flesh.

>> No.6574570
File: 958 KB, 1260x1600, 1344857289109.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6574569
>nitpicking
>trying to argue that 150 pounds on 5'4 woman is overweight
Your tears are delicious, keep em coming.

And no he's a manlet and it's your fault for dragging your manlet bf into an internet argument. Deal with it.

>> No.6574577

>>6574570
you've got nothing except reaction images and blanket statements. I'm done with you. Trying to convince yourself that 150 at 5'4 is not overweight really shows that this place really is infested with landwhales.

>> No.6574579

>>6574577
K. Are you done with your butthurt then?