[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 578 KB, 480x800, Screenshot_2012-11-14-08-16-31.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6413408 No.6413408 [Reply] [Original]

Share your tales of when you were on the way to the con dressed up, and something weird happened.

We were up and down Century Blvd all weekend because of PMX, and heard lots of "what are you wearing!?""is there some kind of party?"

>> No.6413434

>>6413408
>friend dressed as protoman
>in a hotel a few blocks away from the con
>between hotel and con is a club
>full of black people
>HEY YO NIGGA IS POWER RANGA
>AW HELL YEAH NIGGA ITS MORPHIN TIME AND SHIT

>> No.6413438

>wearing classic lolita on the train
>two 'gangsta' guys come up to me and tell me I look fine as hell like a 'real woman'
>ask me if I wanna toke up with them and come to a sweetass hotel party
>tell them I'm going to a 'sweetass hotel party'
>they ask for my number
>my stop so I rush off apologizing
Seriously though, that's the last demographic I thought lolita would attract. I remember when I was in my sweet lolita phase really ghetto girls would always ask where I got my shit from. Some people are just strange.

>> No.6413444

>>6413438
there going to rape ya man

>> No.6413447

Ghetto folks and white women in their 40s have possibly the most accepting in my cases.
I believe I at AUSA I was on my way to get food and three women walked up to me. Immediately I straightened up and made sure my money in my puerto rican purse was tucked away. They asked me what was happening and I explained as formally as I could what was happening. They then proceeded to take a photo of me- which was fine.

My honey got called 'tallbo' by some afghan child...not sure if insult. But I wanted to call him a poopnose because I think it was.

Lastly any and all gangstas complimented my 'swag'

>> No.6413448

>>6413444
I assumed that, but it was still just very strange.

>> No.6413481

>>6413438
In my experience, there are males who think anybody standing out dresswise is sexually adventurous. They think they have a better than average chance of hitting it off, apparently not understanding that knowing diddly squat about a subculture is unlikely to impress.

>> No.6413511

I was once told I looked like Suki from Gilmore Girls.

One time I was with my BF and we got mistaken for lesbians (wat). The guy started yelling at us and calling us sodomites and we were like "where are the gay ppl? is he seeing invisible gay ppl?"

My coworker said I always wear "Hogwarts shit."

Believe it or not the best reactions I've had were from little old black ladies. They start cooing about crinolines and shit and trying to pet my skirt wtf

>> No.6413513

>>6413511
Wait, not Suki, I meant Lane Kim.

>> No.6413535

> Waiting with friend for other friend in main hall of station
> Two ladies walk up to us arm in arm
> One lady starts explaining what we are wearing to the other woman
> Pretty wtf, I mean, it's pretty obvious what we're wearing
> Keeps on describing it
> Getting awkward
> Explaining lady suddenly asks if her friend can touch our clothes
> Err wat? Ok, I guess..?
> Other lady starts feeling our poof very delicately
> It is then that we see that she's actually blind, her eyes have this white overlay
> allthefeels.jpg

We let the lady touch our poof, headbows, the lace on our dresses and blouses. She just loved it and had such a happy look on her face. Her friend thanked us profusely and when they walked off I had such a happy feeling, man.

>> No.6413542

>>6413535
Awww that makes me so happy.

>> No.6413544

The best one was several years ago at a convention. We had a big group of Digi Charat cosplayers. There was also a Pittsburgh Steelers game going on in the area at the same time. So lots of football fans were staying at the hotel. A huge group of us walk out of the hotel just as a bus full of football fans pulls up. They get out and have the most terrified/confused expressions on their faces.

One of them ended up getting rather drunk and wandered into the convention area and started following some of us around blabbering on about how wrong it was to be doing what we were doing, and then started to hit on some cosplaying girls. Security came and dragged him out of there. But they kept finding their way in somehow.

>> No.6413546
File: 36 KB, 640x480, 1330973337564.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6413535
Awwwww! My feels!!! I'm so tingly now.

>> No.6413550

I was in lolita and a little girl asked me if I had escaped from a book. I told her I was a time-traveller and at first she didn't believe me, but then her mother played along with it and told her that is she worked really, really hard in school, you could become a time-traveller. her amazed little face made my year.

>> No.6413567

This happened last weekend:

>Off con trying to find a place to buy cigarettes, cosplaying Botan, with oar and all
>Old people "HIT THIS GUY WITH YOUR SHOVEL, IT WAS HIM!"
>Old people "MISS BREADMAKER COME HERE"
>Suddenly kid scouts
>"We've been told you are Death, is that true?"
>"Well, kind of, but your really should not think about that..."
>"You CAN'T BE DEATH. Death is an old guy with a black cloak, and you're cute and wearing pink"

Ok.

>> No.6413580

>>6413550
>her mother played along
This made me happier than the girl herself. Adults are almost alwaus close-minded, rushing their kids away from girls dressed in lolita or some similar fashion.

>> No.6413584

>>6413550
>but then her mother played along with it and told her that is she worked really, really hard in school, you could become a time-traveller.
>she worked really, really hard in school, you could become a time-traveller.
OH MY GOD! This is so cute!

>> No.6413605

>>6413550
That is super cute. I can just imagine.

>> No.6413682
File: 383 KB, 680x875, Okay.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kinda jelly how kids react to other lolis. I'm the oldest grandkid out of a lot so I've always had a softer side for lil ones.
>However be a goth loli
>People often freak when they see me
>Rarely get insults or compliments to my face
Did I mention people freak when they see me? I feel like shit about it but not enough to change my taste. I'm naturally rather baby faced & speak soft but add moite w/really long black hair & you get a person repellant.
It sucks worse than it sounds bc I'm very extroverted & like talking to strangers.

One time..
>Bff & I go to mall
>Shes in classic w/white & baby blue colors
>Has long blonde hair w/a few braids adorning the top
>Me in my usual but more toned down
>Kids & mom walk up to us
>Mom wants pic w/us with kids
>We agree
>Kid refuses to stand next to me
>Kid tells sister to let her stand next to the angel & that she stands next to the devil.
>the devil
>devil

Feelsbad.jpg

>> No.6413688

>>6413682
Aw. I'd probably talk to you~

I never see any lolis around here, though. D:

>> No.6413720

>>6413438
I had this happen to me too & I was with my gf who was dressed in boystyle. We where in a trolley.
He was like "You're really cute. I like girls who do their own thang & don't worry what others say."
Gf told him that we where together. He said he'd respect that.

I live in an area where whites are minority so really cool gettoh people don't shock me.

I usually get the most crapt w/preppyish white guys for dressing like a "rainbow baby".

>> No.6413726

>>6413682
I would be laughing my ass off. That's a cute idea for a twin/theme coordinate though,

>slaves ritely

>> No.6413732

>>6413434
>AW HELL YEAH NIGGA ITS MORPHIN TIME AND SHIT
oh my god

>> No.6413737

Uggggghhhhhh.... the worst thing a normalfag has ever done when I was in lolita was rush up to my friend and me (this was in early October) and go "Ooh, are you girls trick-or-treating?" and then she proceeded to look inside my friend's purse and say "Is that a trick-or-treat-bag? Do you girls have any trick-or-treats in there?" WTF lady, how would you like it if I ran up to you and started rifling through your purse?

I think the next time people hassle me for wearing lolita I'm just going to say 'What are you taking about? I'm not wearing anything strange, I'm dressed completely normal."

>> No.6413758
File: 29 KB, 300x300, 415D30FF6SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I used to wear sweet lolita all the time. Little girls would often walk up to me and say "wow! its a princess!" It was the sweetest thing ever.. It commonly happened to me too. so, in return, I started collecting princess crowns to carry on me all the time when I was in lolita. I was prepared.

>"oh wow look! Its a real princess! mommy can I take a picture"
> I pull out princess crown from my purse, presenting it to the little girl who complimented me
>"that was so kind of you. every girl is a princess" I say, giving the girl the crown.

Its just the most wonderful thing you know?
one time I went to the zoo in lolita and there was a field trip.. all the girls swarmed over to me, and the teacher took a picture. (the boys that were on the field trip pouted in the corner.. too manly to stand next to me)

Its times like those that make the petty insults seem like nothing.. because you got to brighten someone else's day.

>> No.6414044

Anyone else get a lil happy when people already know what lolita is?

Maybe its because after having to explain to so many people what the fashion is about that the uncommon, "Your lolita dress is lovely" feels like a breath of fresh air.

>> No.6414132

>>6413758
<3
I want this feel

>> No.6414154

Whenever I see a lolita on the street I always go out of my way to compliment her.

They never get happy and are really rude.

>> No.6414196

>>6413758
I love that movie. In fact, just watched it last night.

This made my day brighter <3

>> No.6414211

>>6413682

That's sad =( Even when I wear Goth loli, kids are all over me. & if I smile at a small child, they will not want to leave me. No clue why. & I'm the youngest child and first cousin in my family, so I have no idea what to do with children.

>> No.6414229
File: 58 KB, 540x720, 60404_437652563538_4884991_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>dressed as a nazi at alcon in leicester
>walk through a crowd of anti-nazi protesters
>Had leaflets thrust at me very firmly
I lol'd

>> No.6414251

I went to an art show recently and, not wanting to compete with the art, decided to wear a sort of toned-town pastel-ish outfit rather than lolita. I did however wear pink RHS, because I like them with all sorts of outfits, not just j-fashion.

So anyway, at the show, some lady near me suddenly said, "Nice shoes. They look comfortable." Not sure whether this was supposed to be a humorous complement or flat-out sarcasm, I started to thank her, but then she went on to say "I have the ~originals~. They have wooden soles. I'm sure your knock-offs are much easier to walk in."

What. A. Whore.

>> No.6414283
File: 17 KB, 475x475, 1323882249523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> be 17 my first con ever
> going as a Gotham City SWAT officer, my friend is Commissioner Gordon
> Batman Begins came out not to long ago, so awesome!
> have Gotham City on the back and front of the vest
> look pretty bad ass
> get lost on our way to Milwaukee
> Driving my Friend's mom's Crown Victoria(ex-cop car)
> stop at a gas station to get our bearings.
> take out city map on the hood of the car
> guy with glasses and a pony tail stops at the pump behind us, looked nerdy as hell
> he asks us if we need help
> here steps out of his car a 9/10 wife
> this nerd has skills
> Nerd who recognized our costumes right off the bat says "So where did you guys come here from?"
> My friend: "Gotham City."
> Hot Wife: "So where is Gotham city, it sounds so familiar?
> Nerd Husband: "It's in Illinois dear."
> Hot Wife: "That's weird, I'm from Joliet and I have never heard of it."
> My friend, the husband, and my face when

I had two other incidences with different costumes.

>> No.6414323
File: 28 KB, 331x311, 1348081045793.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a couple

>be 2 years ago at NYCC
>cosplaying MUA2 Deadpool
>walking through the streets of NYC to get food
>get distracted by somebody wanting pictures on the street, group crosses intersection without me
>run through traffic and almost get hit by cab
>old black guy sitting on his porch says "be careful Michael Jackson!"

>> No.6414338

>>6414323
>CPAC last year
>walking to friend's car to get something
>cosplaying Agent Venom
>pass by a bunch of kids with their parents hanging out at the park
>a good number of kids run over shouting "Spider-man!!!"
>give high fives and whatnot, don't have the heart to tell them otherwise

>> No.6414349

>>6414229
You look like you are sort of hot if the derpy face and flash were removed.

>> No.6414418

>>6413758
Aww this is so cute!

>> No.6414444

>>6414349
derp face because I'm trying not to laugh. There was a lot of butthurt over my outfit

>> No.6414448

My boyfriend's story:

>going home from FanEx
>about to get on the GO train
>still wearing Deadpool costume, with swords and guns
>Little girl yells SPIDERMAN
>Doesn't have the heart to correct her
>takes picture with her

>> No.6414453

One time I was on the bus on my way to a meetup. Some old guy invited me to his uncle's wake, and said it would be a great party.
It was really, really surreal.

>> No.6414610

>>6414453
Old people have really really weird senses of humor.

>> No.6414713

>>6414448
stuff like this is really more like he had a heart that kept him from ruining it.

>> No.6414806

>>6414251

I would've punched her.
Did you call her out on being a bint?

>> No.6414813

>>6414251
HAHA bitch got told.

>> No.6414842

>>6414251
You should have told her that you love trees and animals too much to kill them for shoes.

>> No.6414896

A friend and I were dressed up as Mario and luigi when a little girl asked to take some pictures. Of course we said yes. After the pictures, the little girl looked up at us with the biggest smile and eyes full of amazement and said "You guys are so powerful!"

I died.

>> No.6414978

>my sister and I are with a friend at a Japanese con
>I'm cosplaying AO, and my sister is cosplaying Eureka
>friend who is being our translator goes to his car to get us some drinks
>approached by a couple of people spoke to us in jap, of course neither of us understood and they picked up on this
>they start making kissy faces while pointing at us
>my sister kisses my cheek
>they start nodding no, and point at their lips
>sister says itd be cute but I'm adamant on not doing it

I think it took a couple of hours for me to stop blushing after that

>> No.6415108
File: 74 KB, 500x325, kenryu.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This happened between ECCC and Sakura Con, it was on a Tuesday
> Go to Game Works in Seattle
> I am dressed as Ryu and my friend is dressed as Ken from Street Fighter.
> put 20 bucks in credits to play Street Fighter non stop
> we are playing as our characters
> after every match we have to stop for pictures and beer then back to our game
> we get a crowd of around 20 people cheering us on
> that night we were celebrities and got a free pitcher of beer
> our faces when

>> No.6415122

>>6415108

That's so cool.

>> No.6415183
File: 47 KB, 500x375, 1319471699454.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Foreign students on campus from the East (India, Pakistan, China, Thailand, Iran, etc. We don't have many people from grorious nippon) are fascinated with anyone dressed up. This occurs a lot because well...For some reason there's always a few people in costume on campus at any time. I don't know why they're in costume, but it's fun seeing a Red Ranger or Darth Vader heading to class. Most of the foreign students are pretty shy about going up to anyone in costume, but every now and again you'll have one of them eager to go up to them and take their picture, tell them how much they like their costume, etc. They especially like Halloween and are often curious about the whole affair.

Last Halloween I went to a costume party near campus with my boyfriend (dressed as an old school witch and sheet ghost because we didn't feel like wearing a nicer cosplay and have it be ruined, it was kinda rainy). Two Indian girls skipped up to us laughing hysterically, bouncing all over and asking for our pictures. They had never seen Halloween before and thought the whole thing was incredibly awesome. Awhile later a group of squealing Chinese girls ran up to us and all posed with us to take our pictures. I don't think we've ever had such a positive reaction to any of our costumes than we did that evening just walking down the street.

>> No.6415203

>>6413438
Gangsta guys love me when I wear any style of lolita too, but it's only black guys. Other gangstas just heckle at me and laugh.
They're very nice about it so I never had any issues. I was also surprised when they liked it because my mom is always telling me to stop wearing lolita in case some black gangster rapes me. lol mom, your blatant racism is showing.

>> No.6415286
File: 563 KB, 651x721, lolita+rage+comic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

back when I thought rage comics were cool I made this talking about one lolita experiences.

I thought I was such a cool kid by making this. Its been over a year since it happened, but sine its on the subject might as well post it.

>> No.6415312

>>6415286
At least you didn't say "le".

>> No.6415666

>>6415203
black guys fuckin looove lolita. they do. it's weird.

>> No.6415728
File: 1.89 MB, 236x224, all hail king of sp.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6414251
Wow, what a tremendous cunt

>> No.6415881

> Week before Halloween
> Leaving a meet with Girlfriend, and Bestie.
> Two swagfags come up to us and say " Oh sweet Halloween maid chicks. Hey I shit in my diaper "
>Proceeds to lean over " Come over hear and clean my shit."
> Girlfriend wasn't having it so she retorted back and was going to get in their face.
> Surprised that we told them off they called us whores and left in a hurry.

Also in lolita
> Had a 4 year old ask if I was Katy Perry
> Was asked if I was Amish.
> Asked what play we were in.
> Asked what junior prom we came from.

>> No.6415905

>>6413758

Literally just watched this a few days ago. My childhood man, and now that I'm starting to get into lolita, I was looking at the colors and accessories the girls wore. The color schemes in New York were great, rich greens, browns, and creams.

sage for so damn off topic. But lovely story Nia ;~;

>> No.6416004

>walking to the metro, wearing lolita.
>pass typical looking ghetto dude and his girlfriend
> dude: "Hey, I really like your style."
>thank him and keep walking
> hear girlfriend say, loudly: "Yeah, I'd bet you'd like her sucking your DICK."

I've had all kinds of positive and negative experiences, as I wear lolita pretty much everyday, but that is the one I recall most recently.

>> No.6416111

>>6415881
You should have taken that chance to prop one of those guys over your knee and spank his ass till he cried. Or just pulled down his pants and laugh at his small dick.

>> No.6416133

Are all black people ghetto?

>> No.6416139

>>6414251
I can't help but laugh. Lolita's being cunty in person is just hilarious.

I'm sorry she was mean though.

>> No.6416146

>>6414323
That is one cracked out cab driver.

>> No.6416155

>>6416133
Are all white people rednecks?
Are all Asians good a math and run from giant robots on a daily basis?
Are all mexicans illegal?
Do Indians jump around a campfire screaming nonsense?

Areyoukiddingme.gif

>> No.6416399

>tfw you have social anxiety, a bunch of beautiful Lolita things to wear and are too terrified of wearing it in the real world

I want to have a cute experience too. . . But I feel like even one negative experience would make me want to quit forever

>> No.6416453

>>6416133
Only the ghetto ones.

>> No.6416498
File: 111 KB, 191x254, 1349552187807.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>cosplaying Lime, on my way to the con
>exiting subway station
>Girl approaches
>"Are you wearing a costume?"
>"No, I dress like this everyday"
>"Really!?"

Jesus
why

>> No.6416579

>>6416139
I don't think she was a lolita, I think she was just a pretentious art lady who happened to own some VW RHS.

>> No.6416607

>SDCC 2012
>Walking around Gaslamp looking for dinner with Dad
>We are dressed as Zuko and Iroh
>Bunch of gangstas flood out of nearby club
>One snags my father's badge from around his neck
>Dad freezes like he's going to deck this kid
>"I THOUGHT YOU WAS UNCLE IROH! YO' KILLAS, I WAS RIGHT!"
>Other gangstas "AWWW SHIEEET UNCLE UP IN OUR CRIB! HELL YEAH!"
>Avatar loving gangsters take our pictures and give us their remaining drink tickets from the club their leaving

It was kind of perfect. Especially after trying to weave between all the white chicks and self absorbed locals who spent the whole weekend bitching loudly about the influx of nerds

>> No.6416617

>>6416607
everyone loves uncle iroh

>> No.6416620

>>6416607
For some reason tons of ghetto black guys are really into nerdy shit, it's amazing. White/hispanic ghetto guys not so much. Don't know what up with that.

>> No.6416621

>>6416607
this story is just perfect :D

>> No.6416622

Yeah I was heading to a con once and the police arrested me because they thought I was a prostitute

>> No.6416634

>>6416622
Cops are fucking idiots about cosplay. I remember some guy telling a story about how he was arrested on Halloween because the police thought his clearly fake gun with real.

>> No.6416638

>>6416634
was*

>> No.6416658
File: 422 KB, 960x1280, tumblr_m7b9veJOaS1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6416620
There was a super tall black dude cosplaying as a White Lotus guard at SDCC this year. He was straight outta Chi-Town and only got into Avatar because of the "kick ass martial arts". He said he fell in love with the show and had his sister, who was a cosplayer, whip him up a costume and came to SDCC with her.

He was such a cool guy. Invited a bunch of the ATLA cosplayers out to dinner, and wouldn't stop gushing about how cool the con was. Kept insisting that people gotta leave their hate at the door and just have a good time. "Surrender to the nerd love. Own your shit, homies. You decide how cool you are." He was in a gang and everything back home and was preaching love and tolerance. It was amazing. I like to think

>> No.6416669
File: 497 KB, 300x168, 1337578508870.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6413434
I was bent at a strange angle while reading this, so when I laughed, my stomach got all twisted. It was worth it.

>> No.6416717

>>6413758
Yeah, that's not creepy at all.

>> No.6416788
File: 45 KB, 352x329, Mah Nigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6416658
Gangster otakus are best otakus.
>mfw grow up in "bad" neighbourhood
>mfw most anime fans I know are gangbangers

>> No.6416790

>>6413682
Oh man I know how you feel. :( I usually wear punkloli in darker colors, gothic or classic in darker tones as well. My friends are all sweet. Every meetup we have little girls come running to them and want to take pictures with them, and I don't get asked to step aside, but I usually do because the little ones inch away from me... ;__; I love kids too, so it kinda sucks. BUT this one time:

>Meetup at a local park
>Little girls asking for pictures with sweet loli friends
>Encounter a little girl wearing a Hello Kitty rocker sort of ensemble
>Looks at our group, tugs at her mom's arm and says "I like HER, can I take a picture with her?"
>while pointing at me
>My face :D

Made up for all the other times :)

>> No.6416830

>>6413438
>>6413448
wow, what a dumb bitch

You're the one who looks strange dressed up like a fucking 5 yr old

>> No.6416835

none in America

when I lived in japan

only in some higher end areas in Tokyo
or really busy places like akiba handing out tissues with directions to sex shops inserted into them (handing to shady looking men only)

I got a lot of them :(

>> No.6416838

>>6416717
How is that creepy?

>> No.6416841

>>6416830
What an obvious troll.

1/10 for making me respond to point you out.

>> No.6416843

>surprised by "gangster" otaku

Where have you all been the past 5 or so years?

Probably a bunch of uppity ass bitches who don't venture outside your "upperclass" neighborhoods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DW31upNEEg

>> No.6416846

>>6416841
>pointing out how retarded you must look and are to other people
>HURR MUST BE A TROLL

>> No.6416853

>>6416843
Superior song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djI6nc9EVMM&feature=relmfu

>> No.6416958
File: 139 KB, 322x367, 1349668582318.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6416607
>>6416620
>>6416658
>>6416843
>>6416853

>Ghetto niggas love anime and nerdy shit

>MFW

Why does knowing this make me so happy?

>> No.6417034

>>6416853
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djI6nc9EVMM&feature=relmfu
>josip on deck
my niggas

>> No.6417439

>>6415203
I've had a similar thing happen and I wasn't even in cosplay or lolita. Walking down the street with my friends, I was wearing a pleated skirt, shirt with small frills on the collar, thigh high socks and black flats.

When two totes ghetto black guys, as we walk past them, start pointing at me and one goes "Aww guuurl, nice style, yeaaaaaah, I like dat"

It happened kinda fast and seemed so ridiculous we just burst out laughing.

>> No.6417470

>>6414323
Oh god I can't stop laughing

>> No.6417474

>>6416620
>White/hispanic ghetto guys not so much. Don't know what up with that.
You need to say the magic words:
Los Caballeros del Zodiaco

>> No.6418162

I was cosplaying as Mami(Mahou shoujo outfit) this summer, and while we were hanging outdoors some really cute kids wanted a picture of whole group and the older sister(6-7 yo i think) wanted a hugging picture with me ;_; really made my day

>> No.6419849

>>6414283
How in the hell did you get lost going to Milwaukee?

>> No.6419869

>>6416958
Idk, but it makes me really happy, too. Maybe it's because the people that are normally really scary to me are actually seemingly the friendliest and most open minded when it comes to this kind of thing.

>> No.6419885

My first costume was a Kuma mascot. I walmed to the train station throuh the city with my group. Some old ladies on a girls day out or something stopped me to take photos they thought it was great. So many kids waving and saying hi. Lots of staring, but everyone was smiling - how could you not smile at a big clown teddie bear walking around? It was an amazing day and its inspired me to keep cosplaying.

>> No.6419904

>>6416835
well, at least you had a lifetime supply of tissues. never have to pay for kleenex again!

>> No.6419983
File: 83 KB, 610x343, hawke610.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As I was heading to AN2012, my friends got really hungry so we stopped by a vietnamese restaurant before we arrived at the con and I was dressed as Hawke (Female) from dragon age 2 complete with the blood spatter across my face and a sprinkle on my armour. The waiter looked at me and kinda shuffled away after giving us our spring rolls and I felt a bunch of stares on my back as I exited the washroom. No outright reactions though.

It was amusing.

They could never look me in the face properly after that though since I'm a regular there.

>> No.6420780

>>6419849
I should have said "lost" in Milwaukee. We were over by the V.A. hospital and Miller field.

>> No.6421354

At Anime Central one year, I was taking a picture of some cosplayers. Some other people came up to take their picture too, and were like, "Hey, you get in the picture too!" or something.

I wasn't even cosplaying. Shorts and a hoodie or something probably. When I pointed this out, they insisted, and I was like, "Um... okay?"

Kind of awkward, but nice I guess. Even though it's the only picture of me from any con I think.

>> No.6421359

>>6421354
I've had this happen. It's really odd when people ask you for photos and you're in normal clothes and you outright tell them "But I'm not cosplaying?" and they still want a photo.

>> No.6421771

>going with my lolita friends to a starbucks inside mall
>wearing sweet as fuck coord, no slutty clothing
>we were like 4 normal lolitas, not the hot topic noisy weeb.
>we get kicked out before we arrive to starbucks
>They tell us it is because of "image"
>see slutty teenagers go wild with their mini shorts
WhydoIliveinathirdcountry.jpg

>> No.6421825

>>6414229
Why the fuck would you dress as a Nazi? Not cute.

>> No.6421861

>>6416498
Props for cosplaying from Saber Marionette.

>> No.6422027

>>6413438
Where the hell do you live where niggers are this cool? The niggers in my area suck. Well, to be fair, most of them are Mexicans, but the niggers are the worst.

>> No.6422029

>>6414229
I find you handsome. Hope you're a neo-nazi irl.

>> No.6422139

>>6421771

Is that legal?

>> No.6422163

>>6415108
that is awesome.

>> No.6422164

>>6413408
If you are dressed up, and they don't know there is a convention, or what one is...it is not "weird" at all for them to ask if there is a party......
Thats a totally normal reaction if you are the first person or the 100th person they've seen in costume walking down the street.......
Jesus.

>> No.6422318

>>6416790
I would daww so hard.

>> No.6422343

>>6415108
Did you guys fight each other non stop as the same two character the whole time.
WTF

>> No.6422748

>>6422139
Malls can kick people out for whatever reason they want. This just happened to be a stupid one.

>> No.6422922

>>6413737
I wonder who lets these kind of people out of their house.

One time this 30+ Snooki-esque woman came up to me and a friend and asked if we were into LARPing and then laughed in our face.
We smiled, said no and then walked away wondering if that was supposed to be an insult.

>> No.6422934

>>6416958
http://youtu.be/Ljv0ZWE_kCM
If that makes you happy, watch this.

>> No.6423048
File: 2.67 MB, 250x229, funnybutactuallynot.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6414154
This.

All the time.
Or give me the 'you don't know what lolita is stop pretending' spiel if I'm in jeans or normalfag guise.

>> No.6423054

>>6414154

this is awful! the one thing I think a lolita should be is polite at the very least, I remember wearing Lolita one day and someone who I wouldn't think has ever been on the internet (bleached blonde, fit, fake tits) came up to me and started talking to me about lolita.

It's awesome sharing my fashion with everyone

>> No.6423130
File: 392 KB, 700x700, 1349815111975.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6422164
Maybe weird is a strong word? I kinda anticipated my story being on the boring side for this thread. We weren't ever rude or anything.

>> No.6423155

>>6414154
Woah, that sucks. I'm always pretty darn happy when someone compliments me.

I once had a girl that suddenly popped up next to me and asked "Baby or Angelic Pretty?" She was wearing normal clothes and I had this whole WHOAAAAA-moment when she asked that, haha. Totally blew my mind. She said she'd been into it way back but had quit since then, and she thought it was nice to see it still being worn.

>> No.6423205

I have a few stories of me and my good lolita friend.
My good rori friend is perpetually sweet lolita, and wears one outfit anytime she's goth (I doubt she owns anything that isn't pink except for that one outfit), and mid October she was walking to meet me.
In the middle of our campus, apparently some guy approached her and said
>>"So... who died?"
>> looks at him "wut", and laughs
>> he smiles and laughs
>> gets serious again "No... seriously, who died?"
>> "Uhm... what?"
>> "You look like you're dressed for a really fancy funeral.
>> she's wearing a punk black skirt, black long sleeve top, combat boots, and a black headbow with white trim
>> "I'm just dressed up today."
>> "No really, you can tell me if who it was. Were they close to you?"
>> She smiled at him and said she was just into fashion, and had to go somewhere. She was severely creeped out because 1) why would a random stranger ask if someone died 2) why would they want to know who, and 3) why the fuck would she tell him?

I have more stories with her I'll post, because she has a tendency to attract weird people.

>> No.6423207

>>6414154
I don't understand when I read about lots of lolitas that hate having their photo taken or get angry and rude when people ask questions or ask to have a photo taken. I love it when people take my photo and are interested in what I'm wearing. I feel like if you're shy or an introvert then you should consider wearing lolita out in public more. If you can't deal with strangers talking to you or getting your photo taken why are you wearing a fashion that draws a shit load of attention?

>> No.6423240

>>6423205
continuing with my friend.
Week after Halloween, I run into her when I'm going to go grocery shopping, and she's in sweet lolita b/c Friday and she has to meet a teacher for an apt.
>>talk to her for a bit, I notice cars driving by staring at her, someone puts their phone out of the window to take a picture
>>I block her from the camera with my body and don't tell her, she doesn't even notice.
>> decide to walk her to where the apt is b/c she's lost and new to the area
>> One block down (we have 5 blocks to travel), some random girl stops and says "You know Halloween was last week?"
>>friend "what?" and smiles, don't think she caught it.
>>the girl doesn't seem to be joking, it seems like she's being catty.
>>repeats "Halloween was over a week ago." Doesn't even smile. (Looks like some angry angsty tumblr hipster)
>>My sweet friend, bless her, smiles a huge smile "I know."
>>We walk away, the girl just continues staring at us and doesn't move until we're another block down. No smiling. Creepy shit.
>> Another block down, more people from cars trying to take photos. My friend again doesn't notice.
>> We finally are back in the middle of campus, hear someone say "oh yeah I saw that on the urban tribes tumblr."
>>A group of 10 black guys and 3 black girls see her, point and laugh, and continue walking and laughing all over themselves.

All within ten minutes. Dumb shit is dumb, we usually get no stupidity from people.

And to counteract the negativity of that, we left my apartment going to a meetup about a month ago. As soon as we turn the corner, there are some guys fixing the wiring of an electrical pole.
>>Hear from above- "You two ladies are beautiful."

>> No.6423251

>>6414154
This makes me feel bad b/c on my campus, usually people stop and tell us we're so pretty, we reply with a thank you, but then they go on to say "KAWAII" and v-sign us.

IDK how to reply to that, because I don't like being associated with that kind of thing, even though I wear lolita.

What do you guys think? If someone awkwardly calls you kawaii in lolita, do you do anything?

>> No.6423320
File: 125 KB, 848x1200, 1306236899646.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This one happened to me a few years ago.

>Travelling across Europe, wear lolita erryday
>Travel buddy wants to go to Köln to go to a famous guitar store.
>Torn between going with him or staying in Amsterdam (where we were at)
>Finally decide to go with him
>Travel 3 hours by train to Köln
>The moment we get off, a group of cosplayers and one single lolita are by the train station
>MY PEOPLE, I HAVE FOUND THEM
>Tell travel buddy SEE YA and go off to them.
>A bit shy at first, but finally tell the lolita girl I like her dress.
>She tells me she likes my skirt and we talk about lolita for a bit, and I go with her and her buds to a nearby park.
>Travel buddy only went to the guitar shop for 30 FUCKING MINUTES
>He finds me, tells me that it's time to go
>I say FUCK YOU I HAVE MY FRIENDS

I hung out with them for another hour or two. It was just so cool...after being the only lolita I had ever seen for weeks, I ran into one on a trip I almost didn't go on.

>> No.6423336

>>6423320
You're a shit friend.

>> No.6423337

>>6423251
I've gotten that from actual Japanese peaple before and it's not at all weird, but but when some weeb appends it to a previous 'cute' statement I just give a look like 'seriously? you really just did that?'

>> No.6423347

>>6423336
Nah, he understood. As much as I knew that he wanted to go 3 hours to breeze through a guitar shop, he knew I wanted to be with fellow freaks I had found out of nowhere.

>> No.6423517

not as much as an encounter, but this was fun:

> at a con, we decide to head into town for dinner
> my friends are either just in casual clothing or in not too noticeable cosplay. I'm cosplaying the Painted Lady version of Katara.
> not entirely comfortable about cosplaying in public, so I leave the hat and some stuff in the car so it's at least just the robes and face paint.
> enter a dinner, still pretty flustered about my outfit.
> Suddenly notice the TV which is on Nickelodeon, there's an Avatar marathon on.
> watch two episodes of Avatar over dinner and have a very nice chat with a couple of complete strangers about the show.

>> No.6423636

>>6417474
Are you fucking kidding me? If the guy lived in Mexico he has Zodiac Knights DBZ and Sailor Moon. Cartoon network they were watching toonami. Nearly all 80's and 90's Mexicans had anime exposure and embraced it. Lil' anthologies of Hentai books still sell there like crazy especially if they're dramatic like Novellas. I have family there that are all over Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and other shonen shit.

Face it anime fans are every where. We just don't show our power levels.

Shit I live in Iowa and when certain cons still sold day passes w had literal pig farmers and business men and other relatively out of place looking people come to panels of their favorite series.

>> No.6423678

>Be San-Japan 2.X
>First time as Scorpion from MK3 and friends were Reptile and Ermac
>Leaving Hotel Room
>Other guests walk up to our friends behind us
>asks if we are in a band
>lols were had
Pic related. We won Best Walk On Novice that year

>> No.6423690
File: 48 KB, 604x453, 5696_1186331091787_895375_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6423678
Derp Forgot photo

>> No.6427586
File: 82 KB, 286x259, ffygjjh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6413434
i'm sorry it just reminded me of gantz

>> No.6427750

>>6422343
Of course.

Final score out of 40 matches was:

Me: 19
Friend: 26