[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 55 KB, 428x640, 0c7e1a793d02fa376ce28c3ebb23cf42--cosplay-women-cosplay-girls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10851346 No.10851346 [Reply] [Original]

I remember back in the day this used to be one of the more popular boards on the site, now according to 4stats this board is firmly in the bottom 10, with less than average 200 posts daily. What the fuck happened?

>> No.10851347

The jannies appointed in 2014 who banned all the tripfags and killed the community
Also the rise of social media

>> No.10851426
File: 668 KB, 704x485, 1667906439188105.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The most prominent reasons are coomers, coomer cosplay and social media but some of the least obvious reasons are the partial death of J-fashion because of its cancerous 'mainstream' spread through the west, the gradual lost of interest in the cosplay community because of the stupidly tainted image a lot of retards have made out of it and the fact that nowadays most of the people interest in cosplay are literally the ones that just swip and hit 'like' on mediocre Instagram clown cosplays.
Also the tripfag purge that >>10851347 mentions is a big factor when it comes to this board.

>> No.10851481

Everyone got old and stopped caring and now the people who would have come here are getting their dopamine rushes from thirst traps on tiktok

>> No.10851483

>>10851346
>chinese cosplays that flood the community
>community offline somehow getting more retarded
>people scared of telling any story/event on 4chan because they might lose their clout
>cons no longer about loving and enjoying the con theme but have become a gay pride festival
>onlyfans

>> No.10851484

>>10851346
The bots are circulating, soon this board will be busy as hell with zero users

>> No.10851490

I mean honestly this used to be the only board where the majority of users were women. Then jannies made a series of changes to the board that would obviously chase women away
>jannies ban all community drama and threads for specific people
>women start jumping ship to the farm
>jannies stopped giving a fuck that this is a blue board and allow coomer threads
>even more women jump ship to the farm where men get banned

I left this board myself around the start of the pandemic because there was an influx of bored people posting stupid shit and jannies just didn’t give a fuck. I came back recently thinking things would be back to the way they used to be, but it’s much worse. I also think with so many people leaving at once, this place really lost its board culture and stopped feeling like a community. It feels like most people here now are transplants from other boards who come here with generic 4chan personalities if that makes sense?

As >>10851426 mentioned, the death of j-fashion is a big one too. I remember when we used to have threads for every little subset of j-fashion. There used to be enough interest that even related styles like mori, dark mori, and hama would have their own separate threads

Gen z virtue signaling for social media clout is an issue too. I’ve seen so many call out posts from teen cosplayers over the most mundane shit. They’ll latch onto anything someone has done that could be construed in a negative way and it’s really not that hard to make someone look bad if they’re a confirmed /cgl/ user

>> No.10851495

>>10851490
same females who get upset I use 4chan are the same ones talking about "ok so i was on lolcow the other day" like bitch, it's literally the same toxic shit. Infact I swear to god lolcow promotes more cyberbullying than 4chan does.q

>> No.10851497
File: 89 KB, 578x659, E7E4v_OXoAEYqfm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>>10851490
>shittalk some irl cosplayers here regarding their shit behaviour
>cosplayers reply knowing it was me but try to make it as broad as possible thinking I wouldn't know it was them
>can't prove it or cancel me cause it calls out their shitty behaviour and they can't tell people about the posts because it would affirm their use of 4chan boards
>next time I see them in public can feel them seething as i smile at them

honestly it's pretty great sometimes.

>> No.10851498

>>10851495
>the same toxic shit
Agree. This place is pretty racist, but chill about trans stuff like having endless crossplay threads. Lolcow isn’t down with racism, but is extremely terf-y. Different flavors, but they have the same level of toxicity

>lolcow promotes more cyberbullying
Ehh I can kind of see what you mean, but one of the biggest rules there is no cowtipping. Cows will only ever see that stuff if they specifically go looking for it

>> No.10851504

>>10851498
I mean their definition of cyber bullying is pretty low considering it's just a gossip site to shit talk "the bullshit" cosplayers put out on social media and proving their bullshit wrong.

The secret to life is anyone that is ethotting on social media is pretty much a mentally unstable autist who will do anything and crush everything around them to climb the social ladder.
I honestly can't tell if they are just jealous of ethots at this point or legitemtly want to call out bad behaviour.

>> No.10851507
File: 113 KB, 1376x510, cgl chart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10851511

>>10851507
Ah this makes me so sad

>> No.10851531

it's all the coom, can't type while you fap. I used to be able to safely browse this board at work without hiding all the cosplay threads.

>> No.10851532

>>10851531
You people who blame the coom threads, you do realize /cgl/ these for years? Back during the popular years? You know /cgl/ was originally nsfw?

>> No.10851535

>>10851346
People went to different platforms to talk about cons and cosplay. Cons now have their own dedicated Discord and Facebook groups. And then there's reddit for NSFW cosplay. Plus people got tired of the usual /pol/ bullshit that creeps into threds and left.

>> No.10851543

>>10851532
/cgl/ has been a blue board for well over a decade. Go coom somewhere else

>> No.10851545
File: 1.20 MB, 2427x2496, 59769756-F0B8-46BB-8D3D-AF5282EB46D3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851490
>jannies ban all community drama
>women start jumping ship

can you be any more stereotypical with female behavior jesus

>> No.10851549

>>10851532
It's not now, though.

I'm cool with one or two sexy cosplay threads or like good SFW cosplays from 18+ hentai anime/game threads where it's actually about the cosplay, but they almost never are. It's mostly just onlyfans girls wearing cheap moeflavor lingerie that the character(s) would never wear and a wig, that type of thing is better suited to /s/ so I don't get why people like you and the other coomers force it on us over here when you'd have a better audience on a board that exists for that exact purpose.

>> No.10851555

>>10851549
You blame coomers but fail to realize that a lot of these fapbait threads are being posted by onlyfans creators pushing their content as well.

>> No.10851556

>>10851555
That's true. Same question to them then, why post it here to an audience that doesn't want it instead of to a board that does, that's made for that kind of thing?

>> No.10851558
File: 125 KB, 500x380, 1487193504328.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851490
It wasn't just women that were jumping ship, many of the most annoying male tripfags left too and also LC when it first started would to allow moids to post. There's was a large amount of them on there kek, since the ban they've probably moved to kiwi. As people on here have most likely moved onto other platforms, which I can't blame them because on other platforms you can filter out the undesirables and make it easier to contact eachother.Cosplay definitely started to lose traction with genuine fans when costhots started becoming a huge thing. Then for whatever reason, this board got an influx of random crossboarders that would constantly shit up the board and along with all the bait threads.I still miss the ol' HS general and tutorial threads. Anime becoming mainstream and costumes becoming easier to obtain also kinda fucked everything up. Lolita is now currently suffering with the influx of new entitled people.

>>10851495
>same females who get upset I use 4chan are the same ones talking about "ok so i was on lolcow the other day" like bitch
KEK this has the same energy of people in public openly admitting to using /b/

>> No.10851561

>>10851498
Troons get shunned out of the crossplay threads from time to time. They are allowed to participate as long as they stick to only posting about cosplay.

No daily wear, no "how do I dress like a non-specific woman", no fetish shit and no hormone shit.

>> No.10851588

I just got tired of how the threads became husks as discord rose in popularity, the final nail in the coffin was COVID.
>discord becomes popular
>most people move off generals to quick easy to talk in Discords
>mods actually online for those servers
>issues and drama that come up at the cons no longer have massive witch hunts here and 'shitthatreallyhappened.txt'
>generals become slower, discords for regions of cons become bigger
>covid happens
>remaining few threads regarding places over run by the lowest bait troll posts I think I've ever seen
>cons start coming back
>some how prior shitposting goes from insufferable to "hold my beer" in complaining about vax/mask shit

I'd say this place went heavy decline around 2015/2016 as the average age of 4chan was increasing and some people just moved on, the final blows were seriously discord and coof.

>> No.10851595

I use this board for several things
>meetups at cons/discussing con specific events and drama
there's too many vocal poltards at meetups that it isn't worth the headache or risk. con specific 21+ discords are better for this, even though they're much more SJWey
>crafting advice/discussion
there's little to no threads on this. I would love more of these, but they're so limited

>> No.10851596

>>10851507
What happened after 2015? It looks like that was the death knell.

>> No.10851599

>>10851596
Tumblr died
Discord began to rise
insta exploded

>> No.10851604

>>10851498
The "no tipping" rule is the biggest lie of both cow and kiwi. Its not enforcable at all and just because you can ban people for suggesting to go to someones house and harass them doesnt mean you arent encouraging bullying by making a dedicated hate thread for someone in the first place. If you spend hours and hours talking about what a piece of shit someone is, youre going to create people who will go and harass that person whether you like it or not, and you cant pretend like youre not partially responsible for it just because you personally didnt do the harassment.

Also the way their "no tipping" rules are even enforced isnt consistent. Its better on cow but on kiwi Ive seen full doxes of people posted with the OP on the account of "theyre a bad person so its ok". It seems like the extent that kiwi is OK with harassment is based on the communitys judgment of how deserving someone is of it, and I dont think the judgment of a lot of mentally unstable internet dwellers is very good anyways.

Moralize it however you want but those sites were created for cyberbullying and harassment first despite what their rules are, and anything else is secondary to that.

>> No.10851605

>>10851599
>>10851596
All this + moot left 4chan which was a huge deal since mods just started going rogue without a central authority

>> No.10851608

>>10851605
Yeah
Discord basically killed generals and meetup threads a bout Q&A regarding the con
Instagram killed off most any normie who thought it would be fun to post their cosplay here.

Wouldn't say mods were the root cause because by the time they changed ownership this place was basically pissing match of drama: the board. Lot of the crazy's also went to some of the other boards made in the span of 2015-2017.

I still like checking in on this board once or twice a month and around a con I might be going to but I hold virtual no hope of finding anything interesting to discuss in the threads. Honestly the last remaining "cgl" thread that's remotely close to what this place was is the AX thread.

>> No.10851609

Back when /cgl/ came to be, all you had was cosplay.com and ACP and here. Now you have facebook, reddit, tumblr, insta and discord. Onlyfans is also a factor for thot cosplayers. This place used to have sugar daddy threads and with OF they can milk dudes for thir money much easier. The last time /cgl/ was truly relevant was when 4chan used to have official meetups and panels at cons. AWA 2013 was the last one before moot sold the place off.

>> No.10851611

>>10851604
Idk I can’t speak for kiwi because I don’t go there, but out of the threads I’ve frequented on lc the mere suggestion of cowtipping was always shut down by other people. The only time I saw someone admit to cowtipping was with a middle aged male cosplayer who stalks young female cosplayers and even then all they really did was say stop cosplaying minors and sexualizing them. But obviously I haven’t seen every thread so maybe it’s more prevalent than what I’ve seen

>> No.10851613 [DELETED] 

https://discord.gg/3uXb7Zy7q3
k

>> No.10851615

>>10851609
>all you had was cosplay.com and ACP and here
Exactly. I originally came here because I wanted to get into cosplay, but had no idea where to begin. This place used to be FILLED with tutorial threads about wigs/wig styling, prop making, sewing, makeup, posing/photography, etc.

Now those threads either don’t exist, are slow as hell, or filled with trolls trying to derail. Combine that with the massive rise in cosplay YouTube tutorials and why would anyone come here for help?

>> No.10851635

>>10851604
agreed. The same SJW's that give me shit for using a few boards here (not /pol/ fuck those retards, the actual good ones) to talk about hobbies and crafts are the same ones that will bully someone relentlessly on lolcow. Like the fucking moral ground is any different.

>oh no someone on 4chan said the word retard, troon and some autist used a racist word.
>kek lets bully this youtuber for her disgusting nudes on onlyfans on /snow/ and then find details on her life from clues in their video that they might want private.

>> No.10851637

Can we talk about how awful reddit is?

>Ask for help regarding a topic,
>just downvoted and called a retard passive aggressively
>Reddit is such a better community!!!

>girl posts a nude of her self on reddit
>The model’s pose is so contrived. She looks painfully uncomfortable trying to keep her shoulders back and hips out. And she is straining to look at the paper without bending her neck. Why would anyone sit like this?
Furthermore, it’s hard to tell because the lighting has made this whole shot so flat, but she’s either holding a pencil in the most functionally useless way possible, or holding a paint brush against a piece of paper for no reason at all. There’s no painting supplies around beside that brush, so I have no idea what she would be doing with a brush.
Highly recommend OP and anyone doing nude photography read John Berger’s Ways of Seeing, Chapter 2. You’ll learn loads!

At least on 4chan I can call someone retarded when they are actually being retarded.

>> No.10851638

>cgl so boring people have to talk about other sites to even keep the thread active

>> No.10851705

>>10851638
Its dead as shit and its relevant in this thread since the rise of other websites directly contributed to the death of /cgl/.

The same thing applies to a lot of other boards. Its why /pol/ is so popular you cant get that type of thing on many other websites, but a lot of hobbyist boards were alternatives to other forums back in the day. /fit/ basically being an extension of the bodybuilding forums is another good example.

>> No.10851706

>>10851637
Yeah reddit sucks for actual discussion since le upvotes/downvotes ruin it. I recently started finally using it and for just lurking its great but trying to actually post there is awful, I let the dopamine addicted karma whores post and just lurk there for content.

It sucks that for traditional forums your only options are 4chan or one of many near dead small forums with insane powertripping mods. Then again recently the mods on 4chan have started acting like that too.

>> No.10851707

>>10851346
4chan in general died sometime in 2015-16. Foreign powers, global businesses and the US Republican party decided the site would be better put to use as a propaganda battleground than an actual platform for user interactions.
[reddit space]
Their changes really excited a very tiny percentage of users who remain somewhat engaged, but it scared away everyone who doesn't have poltarded leanings. In particular, this shift had an incredibly deep impact on more female boards.
[reddit space]
The only reason regular people come here now is to see how bad scary ol 4chan is, to troll a bunch of poltards, or to shill for something or other without any real hopes of success. I'm sure the metrics bear this out.

>> No.10851708

>>10851706
If upvotes and downvotes ruin your "discussion" you're likely just an argumentative retard. Which is also attested by the fact that you like 4chan.

>> No.10851709

>>10851707
Theres a few decent places left although yeah youre right that female dense spaces were completely destroyed. Probably for women hardly any of 4chan is appealing now since most boards either have heavy /pol/ or incel precense or both.

Me personally I use /vr/ a lot which is basically just a normal message board except you can tell people to choke on nuts. Also I wouldnt call them good but theres a few boards that have low /pol/ prescense due to an influx of underage users rushing in from Twitter, specifically the vidya and anime adjacent boards. So theyre basically just as shit as they always were.

>> No.10851710

>>10851708
Pot calling the kettle black here

My account has positive karma because i dont bother arguing or calling people retards there, what I hate most about the system is misinformation, where someone will post some bullshit that they just made up and it gets like 200 upvotes because it sounds confident/correct but then I go check and its just completely false.

>> No.10851711

>>10851710
And you think that doesn't happen on 4chan for some reason? Replies are just as easy to use for propaganda here. The only way to prevent misinformation like that is to invest extremely heavily in protection, which no one in the US does. China does it to an extent with the great firewall, but only so they can spam their own propaganda. Why do you think any social media platform would be different?
Also, if you're looking for a hugbox then maybe just stick to 4chan. It's way more homogenous and safe here.

>> No.10851712

>>10851711
>4chan
>hugbox

Lol asshurt redditor

>> No.10851714

>>10851712
So I'm just confirming, you actually do think 4chan doesn't experience misinformation and manipulation? Or, perhaps with more nuance, you're trying to say it happens significantly less often than another social media platform like reddit or facebook?

>> No.10851717

>>10851714
it obviously does happen and its probably to a similar extent as to other social media, but I think people are much less inclined to take people seriously here. Some people do but looking at the /pol/fags who got arrested recently you've seen what those kind of people are like, they're the kind of people who believe anything they see online. However seeing a post have hundreds of upvotes gives it credibility for most people, and it probably does to an extent for you too even if it's subconscious. I know it does for me and its hard to shake that feeling.

Seeing a 4chan post with 20+ replies isn't the same since usually those replies are people calling the person a retard or other insults.

>> No.10851718

>>10851717
So you think that because 4chan hounds people who disagree with the hivemind that means it's less of a hugbox?

>> No.10851719
File: 79 KB, 256x256, alice sees u.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851711
>looking for a hugbox then maybe just stick to 4chan
what
this place will tear you apart, we have threads dedicated to shitty cosplay

>> No.10851721

>>10851719
Whoa, you mean you keep different people out? Definitely not a hugbox then.

>> No.10851726

>>10851705
One of the most radically changed boards is /jp/. What the fuck happened to them? That was the most gatekept board on here to the point that moot called /jp/ posters weaponized autism. Now they are filled with vtuber and idol threads.

>> No.10851733

>>10851726
vtuber threads are banned from there now but I think the board never really recovered from the vtuber boom, when the vtuber threads became like 80% of the board a lot of the old users left to small chans.

To put it in perspective how huge vtubers are, /vt/ is like the 4th-5th most popular board on the site depending on the day. /jp/ couldn't hope to gatekeep them out.

>> No.10851736
File: 184 KB, 1416x500, Screenshot_20230425-221744.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>no cowtipping allowed.

>> No.10851745

>>10851611
you know, whether you cowtip or not it's still cyberbullying/harassment right. just because you personally aren't going out to tell them doesn't mean what you're doing is ok

>> No.10851758

>>10851745
talking shit about someone is neither of those things.

>> No.10851762

>>10851758
you're lying to yourself if you think lolcow is only for "talking shit"

>> No.10851763

>>10851758
It wouldn't be if you did it among a small group of friends in a private GC who you know aren't going to go disrupt the person because of it. But that's not what you're doing, you're doing it in a public place with strangers where anyone can see it including crazy people who are going to go fuck with that person and the person who's getting shit talked about them. It's cyberbullying.

>> No.10851765
File: 52 KB, 550x505, 1518652979033.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851490
>Gen z virtue signaling for social media clout is an issue too. I’ve seen so many call out posts from teen cosplayers over the most mundane shit. They’ll latch onto anything someone has done that could be construed in a negative way and it’s really not that hard to make someone look bad if they’re a confirmed /cgl/ user

I cut off a lot of old friendships and stopped participating in any nerd subculture communities because of this shit. I was thankfully never a victim of it myself but seeing constant drama in online spaces and kids constantly trying to cancel each other just got exhausting. My good friend was also a victim of it and he thankfully recovered and got his reputation back since the majority of the community recognized it as a clear slander, so I think when that happened that was just the last straw as I was disappointed how many of his "friends" immediately turned on him when anyone with a brain knew he didn't do anything wrong.

I really don't want to be around those crab in a bucket losers with nothing better to do than to take other people down. I have no idea why Gen Z in particular dedicates so much of their energy to this shit. It's like they were raised in such a hostile environment that it's all they know.

>> No.10851775

>>10851763
actually no, the former is is cyberbullying.

>> No.10851908

>>10851745
Talking shit isn’t harassment

>> No.10851913

>>10851765
>I have no idea why Gen Z in particular dedicates so much of their energy to this shit. It's like they were raised in such a hostile environment that it's all they know.

Gen z is the first generation that was fully raised online and I think the internet definitely qualifies as a hostile environment. I think being raised online, from a young age they see so many people making careers out of their social media presence and they want that for themselves. They want more attention and more followers, but they don’t know how to do that organically with the content they’re already making. Then they see callout posts getting thousands of likes and shares and they think “I could do that.” So they find someone in whatever online community space they’re in and they gather any little shred of evidence they can twist into something bad, throw it together with community specific hashtags and post. And the more people see things like that working, the more others want to do it themselves for their own little time in the spotlight

>> No.10851919

Just opened this board for the first time in a while and it's all coomers and an actual pedophile thread calling the women reporting it roasties, I don't know, could be that.

>> No.10851920

>>10851733
>vtuber threads are banned from there now
Is it because of that one vtuber that pointed out how stupid trannies are for going after people for playing the new HP game?
kek they had to lock down the whole site

>> No.10851932

>>10851919
You also have those retarded "too old for cosplay" threads being started by zoomers suffering from a quarter life crisis.

>> No.10851945
File: 86 KB, 467x700, pixy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851919
we must return to tradtition

>> No.10851952
File: 666 KB, 1140x1061, 1465932841128.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851919
- Anime and manga overtook cartoons and comics in the US in popularity
- Cosplay and conventions got even more popular and crowded because of it
- Rise of Onlyfans and cosplay adult content goes through the roof
- Now more acceptable than ever to dress in skimpy cosplay at conventions
- Coomers come to /cgl/ wanting easy puss puss advice and bringing the average post quality down
It's like a car crash in super slow motion

>> No.10851955

>>10851952
Is there an archive of all the /cgl/ related memes? There's a couple I've been looking for!

>> No.10851958
File: 35 KB, 491x749, F9C973D9-A0BE-494A-9363-58B3258E2E5E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851945
When will our Queen return from war?

>> No.10851964
File: 254 KB, 615x631, 1332822518884.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851955
What do you need? I might have it saved.

>> No.10851965

>>10851952
I wonder how much actual prostitution has risen up at cons now? A fair amount of women at cons would trade sex for a room.

>> No.10851966

>>10851964
I need derp horse and the replica comic one! I think the eye on a horse is off or something and the girl is smug about it being a replica kek

>> No.10851967
File: 575 KB, 677x945, put the petti in petticoat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851966
Easy peasy, my fav comic

>> No.10851968
File: 62 KB, 656x828, derpy-chan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851966
>>10851967
and derpy-chan

>> No.10851969
File: 3.65 MB, 400x400, 1542175248078.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851967
>>10851968
THANK YOU ANON
YOU ARE THE G.O.A.T.

>> No.10851970
File: 785 KB, 841x1459, 1363808773185.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851969
No prob, here's a bonus

>> No.10851992

>>10851426
>>10851490
This was a majority male, majority cosplay board with tons of coomer threads before about 2010 when the lolita scene "discovered" 4chan. The coomers were always here, the threads just didn't stick around as long because there was so much other stuff going on, and the fact that they're so prevalent now is a symptom rather than the disease.

What actually happened, IMO, is a combination of a few things:
>'00s and early '10s cosplayers and lolitas aged out
>New ones didn't want anything to do with 4chan, given its modern reputation
>Cosplay itself died as a real hobby, nobody makes their own shit anymore so people aren't making threads about making shit
>As pointed out, J-fashion also died out
>Younger people seem to prefer open confrontation or using sockpuppet social media accounts for drama instead of doing it anonymously here
>Covid killed in-person events for a few years, devastating both the cosplay and J-fash communities, and a lot of people didn't come back afterwards

The coomers are basically just the last men standing and now it seems like they've multiplied because there's nothing to bump them off the board.

>> No.10852001

>>10851920
No, there's a literal vtuber board now

>> No.10852004

>>10851992
>Cosplay itself died as a real hobby, nobody makes their own shit anymore
Do you only follow teens and onlyfans thots? Because that shit is simply not true

>> No.10852008

A lot of people aged out of the board and zoomers think 4chan is a nazi board and don't come here.

>> No.10852012
File: 47 KB, 332x500, 2293974521_8f82c0909e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851958
Kipi is the OG Queen

>> No.10852014
File: 1.29 MB, 2756x1500, cgl girls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/cgl/ tripfags became onlyfans thots

>> No.10852016
File: 91 KB, 640x959, 23232AAC-D011-4B2D-B141-7EC53B02CD78.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852012
She will never outshine Our Queen

>> No.10852019

>>10852014
Choke didnt

>> No.10852021
File: 50 KB, 450x600, Pixycos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852012
Pixy has always been the Queen

>> No.10852027

Even if this isn't entirely on topic, I'm saying it here anyway: early to mid 2021 was a super interesting period for conventions that was never seen before and probably never will be again. The anticipation building up and wondering if it would be canceled, meeting with people who are clearly the most dedicated of all, and it felt "dangerous" in a way too. I kinda miss it

>> No.10852029

>>10852019
>he doesn't know

>> No.10852036

>>10852014
Angela didn’t. She doesn’t cosplay anymore, but got super into historical costuming. She even has patterns published by Mccall’s

>> No.10852045
File: 194 KB, 1500x1115, IMG_1881.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852014
>whores for fun became whores for pay… /cgl/ has fallen… billions must die

>> No.10852046

>>10852014
haha! look at these dumb has been sloots!

>> No.10852048

>>10851765
I've known 3 people from the dota community who trooned out after getting cancelled and then it came out that they actually didn't do anything wrong.

>> No.10852050

>>10852014
>when u know half the girls here and are all Canadian.

Man now i know why everyone in Canada is so cold and anti social. Rather run home and post on 4chan.

>> No.10852052

if there are girls here why dont i have a cosplay gf

>> No.10852084

>>10852052
Because you’re an ugly moid duh

>> No.10852085

>>10852052
You're poor/manlet/fat/all of the above

>> No.10852096

>>10852052
because all the girls here are obese and bitter femcels and this sub is the female equivalent of /r9k/

>> No.10852097
File: 22 KB, 311x326, IMG_1875.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852096
>this sub

>> No.10852098
File: 19 KB, 236x314, 04b4a4f41dda249e195c3511b969fe41.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852096
Lolitas don't shoot up public spaces or cry about chad

>> No.10852101
File: 255 KB, 728x745, 1363811683274.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852096
go back and kys while you're at it

>> No.10852103

cosplay went mainstream. used to be so hard to find one place with a decent collection of varied cosplay content. Now it's engrained in pop culture and you see it everywhere. Shit, I remember when cosplay porn was a rarity and only made by asians, now it's so freaking common.

>> No.10852107

>>10852052
It is quite literally easier to get a "normie" gf and ask her to wear costumes for you. Thanks to the proliferation of capeshit movies, the normal gf will be down with the kinky cosplay sex you're looking for.

The "cosplay gf" is going to have a million orbiters that you have to deal with.

>> No.10852110

bullying killed off any incentive to post OC

>> No.10852247

>>10851920
No you schizo fucktard can you read? They literally have their own board

>>>/vt/

Dumb shit

>> No.10852261
File: 504 KB, 313x681, Milk.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852021
Nah, not pixy aint my queen.

Milk is

>> No.10852262
File: 39 KB, 392x495, ES9vWX5U4AA84AF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852048
Well this one was extra fucked because he openly didnt do anything wrong, he kissed a girl while they were on a date, later the girl messages him and says "sorry I wasnt really feeling it i dont think we should go on another date!" and he says "thats ok" and they agreed to just be friends very amicably. Shouldve ended there right?

Well guess what, the girls ex finds out about it and happens to be part of the community and a mutual friend. He goes BALLISTIC and says this action of kissing without verbal consent was sexual assault. This guy is also best friends with the people who run the local community so now all the sudden there is an entire community of people calling this dude a rapist with the supposed "victim" who didnt even take issue with what happened not even being involved whatsoever or even being bothered. Like can you believe that shit? I seriously cant even believe something so mundane can be intentionally, maliciously misconstrued as something so horrible just because it pissed off the wrong person. And its obvious WHY it pissed him off due to jealousy but a lot of the story was intentionally taken out of context to most of the public, like they left out that it was on a date and acted like he just walked up and kissed a girl randomly. Shit was beyond fucked and its honestly just made me a more reserved person around these big nerd communities, I either dont participate or make sure my name isnt widely known at all. I dont want any of these fucking insane NEET dumbasses finding my Linkedin you know? Like fuck look at me, im posting on 4chan in 2023 yet I feel more adjusted than most of these zoomers on current social media. I dont know, its so fucked and tiring.

>> No.10852270

>>10852012
Kipi needs braces

>> No.10852276
File: 697 KB, 666x1000, pixy.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852261
Anyways

>> No.10852277
File: 481 KB, 650x400, gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852247
why are you so mad? LOL

>> No.10852287

>>10852262
I mean one guy in that community had bad sex with someone and the accuser wanted clout and claimed he had raped her and then took it back when the full story came out. He never recovered and now be transitioned.

>> No.10852295

>>10851504
I feel like you can be an ethot and be normal. It's usually women who understand it's a get rich quick scheme if you're really hot and not retarded enough to show your personality or vent/talk about politics. Amouranth is the most plain vaguely hot girl and makes 1mil a month

>> No.10852307
File: 69 KB, 349x642, fetchimage (11).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852277

>> No.10852311

cosplay half died due to cons being dead during pandemic. other half became terf board, therefore deranged and insufferable to ppl not obsessed w trannies + no one posts OC anymore, just reposts of content from other websites, presumably because all remaining users are fugly as sin. same boring threads every days, same boring arguments.

>> No.10852314

>>10852311
Being a costhot became basically being doomed to be a lolcow. Unless you're gigahot with a tight bod like norafawn and you can get away with literally just being hot and cosplaying on camera and being cute.

>> No.10852360

>>10851346
obnoxious coomers posting shitty overedited overdone low effort cosplays happened
>>10851490
scrotes ruin everything

>> No.10852367

>>10851707
>4chan in general died sometime in 2015-16
Gamergate and the fappening also helped kill off the "old" 4chan as well. So many people that got banned from other forums across the net congregated here. The politics of 2016 was also a continuation of the fuckery of the Gamergate clusterfuck. In fact, a good majority of "notable" altright figures came up out of the Gamergate movement.

>> No.10852381

>>10852314
that's fair, but still on the lolita end, for all the ita boards and COF dumps it's kind of a bummer no one on /cgl/ ever posts their own OC. like what are YOU guys cooking up? is everyone too afraid of getting caught using /cgl/ to selfpost?

>> No.10852395

>>10851558
God I fucking love Keeping Up Appearances

>> No.10852415

>>10852381
nta but yes. lolitas will try to cancel you or dismiss anything that might be construed as negative if they find you on here. even though many people in the comm
come here whenever you ask how they happened to find you here it's always some mysterious 3rd party who isn't a lolita at all. i think a lot of lolitas feel like the site is taboo even more now after concrit is banned/infrequent.

>> No.10852421

>>10852415
man that's a fucking bummer but thanks for the explanation. i was on hiatus so long i guess i missed that drama influx

>> No.10852428

>>10852421
yeah it sucks, i forgot to mention tiktok lolitas(and people like lor) constantly mentioning here and lolcow have really made it even worse. it's a shame because i value tough love and want actual crit, but it's so risky to post here.

>> No.10852430

>>10852381
It's because they know they would get roasted as hard as they roasted itas. Honestly it should be a requirement to post personal coord when judging others. Otherwise who can even trust their taste. It's not hard to blur face or use a non outing background.

>> No.10852432

>>10851945
>>10851958
I miss her so much

>> No.10852439

>>10852430
definitely not the case. i've shared coords with lolita anons from f.f thread and most anons here are dressed pretty well.

>> No.10852442

>>10852415
lol, just like when i posted some shit about a cosplayer i was having issues with but kept it anon, suddenly it was the third party that found that info and not the person i had this private interaction with.

it was funny cause all i replied with was

>oh i don't go on 4chan, but you do? That place is toxic and racist.

>> No.10852466

>>10852432
too busy being a boy now
may she rest in peace

>> No.10852471

>>10852439
we definitely need some kind of anon coordinate submission program somewhere with plausible deniability because these (increasingly rare) CoF dumps are not cutting it. i need to see these well-dressed-chans.

>> No.10852489

>>10851967
wow i havent seen this one in years. definitely one of the best

>> No.10852491

>>10852045
it's fine if it's for fun

>> No.10852527

>>10851346
the previous generation aged out
the current generation uses mainstream social media

>> No.10852530

>>10852471
Agreed, CoF is full of itas and sissies now.
I want to see some well dressed lolitas

>> No.10852570

>>10852381
I don't think you understand how bad of a reputation 4chan has. People don't think it's just a bunch of edgelord hobbyists but some darkweb adjacent place

>> No.10852698

>>10852570
i guess i'm just not talking to enough zoomers, being on 4chan used to be practically a rite of passage for internet hermits.

>> No.10852729

>>10852698
Nah that shit was always cringe to openly admit to

>> No.10852783

>>10851346
>What the fuck happened?
no fap threads

>> No.10852784

>>10852570
>just

>> No.10852790

>>10852570
No way, zoomers don't think it's that extreme. But they think all the threads are the ita thread and forget that anyone who uses it regularly is actually using it to discuss the fashion or get inspired. If you mention you go on /cgl/ everyone will think you're some vendetta-chan backstabber who will post them to the ita thread. Even though i have literally never posted a single person in there because i don't follow uggos, I've gotten some retarded zoomer side-eyeing me for even saying "i used to go on /cgl/ years ago"

>> No.10852810

>>10852790
>zoomers don't think it's that extreme
The average person’s idea of 4chan is that it’s all like /b/ and /pol/

>> No.10852867

>>10852790
>i don't follow uggos
Based

>> No.10852915

>>10852729
lemme guess, you're like 20?

>> No.10852916

>>10852790
my comm only bans use of the ita thread. thank god, because this has thus far been the best way to keep up with brand drops. where the fuck else are you expected to go, facebook? tumblr?

>> No.10852920

>>10852915
No need to guess, you can tell just by the writing style

On a related note, while people (including me) are getting tired of those constant "I'm too old" threads, the "Is X cringe?" threads are getting out of control too. Worried about cringe? Don't go. Simple as

>> No.10853003

>>10852915
I’m a millennial and no one my age would ever admit to being here. I made a few friends on here years ago by exchanging throwaway emails and when people would ask how we met, we would both lie and say we met on tumblr because this place had such a bad rap among cosplayers and lolitas even a decade ago

>> No.10853008

>>10853003
people talk about coming here all the time on tiktok.

>> No.10853039

>>10851745
yknow asking a mcdonalds worker for extra sauce must be harassment if you really think about it

>> No.10853087

>>10852045
sex work is... LE WORK!! Pay your taxes whore. Tripfags were and still are cancer to any anonymous board. Go to reddit if you want to FOLLOW AND UPDOOT POGGIES MY QUEEN IS GIMMICKPOSTING AGAIN!

>> No.10853107

>>10853003
maybe /b/ or /pol/ but in my day no one really went out of their way to hide using the normal 4chan boards. sorry i lived better than you i guess

>> No.10853127
File: 29 KB, 526x448, lemon smoke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852790
>zoomers don't think it's that extreme
you'd be surpised, a lot of people think 4chan is 100% /pol/ /r9k/ and /b/

I dont get the point of all the doomposting THOUGH, It's not as if we are /po/ tier dead, people still post in threads, I've met up with people in con threads, and I enjoy discussing cosplay stuff when it comes up. Maybe at it's peak this was lolita paradise or something but regardless of how things have changed, /cgl/ still serves a purpose
It's not hard to simply make the threads that you want to see on here

>> No.10853163

>>10853107
That's simply untrue. Internet hate machine?

>> No.10853377

>>10853163
i'm just curious where exactly do you think internet hermits hung out before twitter/tiktok/facebook.

>> No.10853384

anyone saying it was normal to say you used 4chan must be turbo autists or young af. i remember making fun of people here on /cgl/ for announcing it on facebook and myspace and stuff like it was a big deal. we'd also avoid anyone outright saying the used 4chan at cons outside of meet ups because they were usually extremely cringe.

>> No.10853393

>>10851596
2015/2016 was the year discords started catching on. I think that was also the time SJW mod bias started being felt. Oh and Trump happened in 2016. That pushed a bunch of formerly neutral people out I bet.

>> No.10853394

>>10853377
Somethingawful you fucking tard.

>> No.10853396

>>10851967
>the hover lolita
those were the times

>> No.10853400

>>10853393
>I think that was also the time SJW mod bias started being
no? it was a problem back in 2013 on lj when facebook was getting popular.

>> No.10853631

>>10851507
>That spike in mid 2014
Was that the Meltyfate hate threads?
As far as I remember, hers was the last targeted thread.

>> No.10853636

>>10851945
>>10851958
lol who is that? was she a tripfag?

>> No.10853656

>>10853127
I'm so fucking glad that /pol/ is quickly spiralling into irrelevance again, the loss of polfag swagger and general pushback as the majority of users are sick of them. It's not perfect but things feel like they are getting back to what I remember.

>> No.10853703

>>10853636
Obligatory newfag
She’s Pixyteri/PT, the queen of cosplay, never to be outshined by any other. She is the queen referenced in this comic >>10851970 Generally known for her sexy cosplays, claiming to be half Japanese, wanting to be an idol in Japan, mental instability, and her unhealthy relationship with her parents

This is what the influx of coomers and /pol/tards has done to /cgl/. We no longer have any board culture to the point where new people don’t even know who pt is, and just about everyone who remembers has been chased away

>> No.10853704

>>10853656
/pol/ is statistically the #1 most popular board on 4chan.

>> No.10853707

>>10851346
This is false. /cgl/ was always a small board. Never at any point was it "one of the more popular boards."

>> No.10853712

I swear to God, it's like none of your whinging faggots remember before /pol/ existed (I wonder why!)
>Happy Negro
>Hitler did nothing wrong
>Pool's closed
>Pedobear
>IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER
>Giga Nigga
"That wasn't the whole site then" isn't gonna cut it as an excuse. Not when /b/ was the face of it all

>> No.10853718

>>10853712
Who gives a shit about stuff like that? They're just shitposts and are totally different from constantly bringing up /pol/ schizo shit in completely unrelated discussions

I'm pretty right wing myself and I like 4chan because I won't get unpersoned for something as trivial as saying the nigger word but the problem with /pol/ is that they can't help but ree about their opinions whenever possible

>> No.10853736

>>10853718
"/pol/ schizos" is the inevitable result of /b/ memes. I generally take the racebait as seriously as the old edgy jokes. And it is distracting yes, only problem here is we're separated enough from the mass 2016 migration that it's nowhere near as prevalent as before. On a board like this (or especially /mu/) there's more complaining about these thread derailers than derailers themselves. Maybe not all, but the vast VAST majority of gull meetups I've done start off tame and slowly (or very quickly) end up on these kinds of subjects too, even if I keep my mouth shut on the sensitive topics up to that point. Call me crazy if you want yet...that certainly suggests the *edgelords* are more willing to touch grass than their ideological opponents.

>> No.10853782

>>10852014
lol RIP longseux

>> No.10853786

>>10853703
oh lol is she only popular on here or would con goers know about her too?

>> No.10855081

>>10851426
>2009
I wanna wake up in 2008.

>> No.10855082

>>10851346
All the generals I used to frequent moved to discord and are now either empty shells or just don't exist here anymore

>> No.10855084

>>10853712
Only trips can stop giga nigga, dubs add 25% more HP.

>> No.10856608

>>10851945
>>10851968
Did you just push me into a time machine

>>10852428
>but it's so risky to post here.
That's too bad, this was one of the most fun boards back in the day.

>> No.10856614

>>10853712
with the way modern social media pedos just pretend CP is legal i almost miss the pedobear/partyvan memes.

>> No.10856618

>>10851346
It was because they banned drama. That was the primary draw of this place.

>> No.10856634

>>10853384
One of my college classes had a couple of autistic weeb guys who would say 4chan memes and stuff out loud thinking they were hilarious and it was so unbearably cringe I wanted to beat both of them to death

>> No.10856816
File: 261 KB, 1070x968, Screenshot 2023-01-21 003946.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852096
>this sub

>> No.10857170
File: 363 KB, 828x748, DD51AC41-AF85-44E3-B17F-F195CED77A19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I never liked her or her shitty videos
Especially when the LACE thing happened. She was also a massive ita and an alcoholic

>> No.10857304

>>10852052
kill yourself

>> No.10857314

>>10852008
>zoomers
Good. Keep the cancer away.

>> No.10857385
File: 139 KB, 1200x987, 1605412747613.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10852012
>look her up on google
>has an instagram
>newest post in 2014
holy shit, where does the time go

>> No.10857675

>>10857385
I didn't start jerking till high school.

>> No.10857720

>>10857170
Who is she?

>> No.10857802

>>10851346
Yeah that's because we all post on discord now you fucking retard. I come here for nostalgia's sake and to periodically check on the broader community. This board is no longer necessary for finding groups or parties.

>> No.10857820

>>10857385
Found her new stuff
https://lit.link/en/kipi

>> No.10857916

>>10857802
Nice LARP zoomer scrote.

>> No.10857950

>>10851426
Catty dramawhore bitches are as much to blame as scrote coomers

>> No.10858748
File: 384 KB, 1000x755, 1685618502053.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The hard pill to take is that there never was any golden age of the Internet and time only now has sobered up people to that fact.

>> No.10858798

>>10858748
There may never be a golden age but things have changed from any one point of time to another. Different people have different criteria, parameters and views of what is better and optimal. So depending on the view, some past version of the internet is better, maybe better enough to be their golden age.

>> No.10858805

>>10858748
I can only hard disagree, there by far was a better era before the widespread adoption and social media smart phone takeover.

>> No.10859015

>>10858748
People and by extension has always had shitty people. But it's undeniable that making the main avenues for communication be a few large sites rather than many smaller niche communities has fucked with the quality of engagement falling down hard.

>> No.10859044

>>10851426
I'm kind of surprised there's a lot of coomer threads here nowadays.

>> No.10860300

>>10858748
>>10858805
The golden age was over by 2000 or 2004 or so. Of course it definitely wasn't as good as the rose tinted glasses that people wear. I think what they mean is that before major corporations, nation states, and neo-Nazis refined their digital propaganda apparatus there used to be a much more "wild west" unregulated place. A lot of stupid lolbertarians reflexively hate any and all regulation, so instead of setting up our own structures in some kind of organic and meaningful way, we just jammed dildos up our ass until Walmart, Apple, China and Republicans (among many others) started paying millions of shills. Hell, before 2015 trolling meant making someone mad on the internet. Now it means you have the opinions of a 1990s grandpa and force everyone to pretend you're edgy.

>> No.10862020

Honestly, it's for the best. Being a less popular board shields it from the wave of retards from b and pol.

>> No.10862037

>>10860300
>by 2000 or 2004 or so
That’s a span of four fucking years. The dot com bubble had already burst by 2000, music sharing was getting more regulated in the mid 2000s, message boards and messaging programs like Yahoo/MSN messenger/AIM/ICQ were the main form of communication before MySpace became a thing, cosplay and anime cons were considered nerdy until 2004-5 and the list goes on. It was more Wild West by 2000 but getting more mainstream and buying/posting/chatting/uploading media online became more normalized by 04. Prior to 00 it was much less censored and unregulated. You’d know this if you actually used it during that timeframe and didn’t pick random years.

>> No.10862101

>>10862037
Not him but I started using the net in 2008 and I noticed that search results got more restricted in the mid 2010s. So 2008 to mid 2010s would be like a post wild west Era where you could still browse stuff, but now it's like modern California with its beaurocracies.

>> No.10862221

>>10862101
>him
Moids need to fuck off into the abyss

>> No.10862226

>>10862221
Lose weight.

>> No.10862252

>>10862226
Project harder, greasy scrote.

>> No.10862283

>>10858748
>tfw watching video from 2008 AX
>very small crowds and main hall was like 70% empty

I MISS THAT I HATE HOW PACKED IT IS NOW
REEEEEEE

>> No.10864001

coomers and trans males/transbians being allowed to shitpost and run rampant

>> No.10864008

>>10851718
>is it less of a hugbox because there’s less hugboxing?
Are you retarded?

>> No.10864036

>>10857385
>2009
>middle school
zoomer cringe

>> No.10864159

Tell me you've never been here without telling me you've never been here. The only time it was male dominated and primarily male was in the very very beginning when they still posted Kipi (I think that was her name?) threads. They eventually left to /s/ and to cosplayers and lolitas on the board from then on. There were jfash and cosplay power hour threads back in 2008 when I frequented the board, and it was mostly female then (with males who weren't coomers, just attention hungry cosplayers who knew how to act). You're either fully fucking retarded or lying and hoping no one actually remembers how it was back then. The coomers were mostly pushed out after a year or so and after we were established we had jannies that deleted shit threads and banned porn posters. It wasn't until after 2013 when the board started fully dying because the newer jannies didn't understand board culture and started banning trips and allowing coomer male posters.

The rest of the causes have been covered, but I'm not standing for blatant false history bullshit. You freaks were never welcome.

>> No.10864645

>>10851346
>>10851507
i don't know much about this board's history but for real, no one goes outside or meets people or has fun anymore.
I have seen the change in the entire society of the western world, it coincided with smartphones.
t. oldfag

>> No.10864646

>>10858748
>t. newfag
2007 was amazing. but that's where it peaked then went down hill.

>> No.10864647

>>10853712
>Pedobear
it was a simpler time ... a better time.

>> No.10864772

>>10851490
where do the girld post now? lolcow thread looks dead af
did everyone just move to discord/tiktok/insta/twitter?

>> No.10864779
File: 2.60 MB, 960x538, 1685935182421827.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been going to cons on and off for about 15 years now. I never really browsed this board but I've always occasionally lurked. And yeah the culture changed a lot.

You guys might be too in your insular bubbles to be aware, but Discord killed a *lot* of communities and forums. Many groups even converged from Facebook onto that platform, and it has zero searchability so nobody is really aware of what's out there anymore. It's really hard to find and connect with fandoms more than ever before, ironically.

Overall I think cons "peaked" a little bit around 2009-2011. It was less corporate and more merchants and fans making things up. More cosplay and show variety. Now there's heavier money into it. I think publishers and distributors like Crunchyroll and Aniplex will flex their will at a regional con and try to gatekeep what's allowed. It definitely got 'normified' with the advent of streaming essentially eliminating a lot of content arbitration between what's available in the west and what was popular in Japan. Japan has become way more accessible now. Trends and fashion also changed.

Still, there's a lot of positives. Overall I've seen artists get more attention at cons now. Pretty much every con I've been to here in the U.S has a way beefier artist alley than ever before. There's still a lot of 'soul' in international cons like in EE, Romania, Italy, SEA, etc. Smaller, more dedicated, less financed fandoms.

I don't think having a quieter, slower paced board is bad. It changes the signal to noise ratio.

>> No.10864783

>>10851498
found the brown tranny.

>> No.10864791

>>10851346
A bunch of the tripfags that actually made shit left and Carrey dying really killed the whole board.

Fuck man, I still remember watching that guy bait people famazing in threads. Shit was amazing. I also now feel old as fuck. RIP Carrey you son of a bitch

>> No.10864792

>>10864791
Pretty sure his trip was Cary. Also holy shit you awakened some fucking memories. The Cary vs pt thread was perfection

>> No.10867388

>>10851426
>that image
I want to go back.

>> No.10867466

>>10851346
>What the fuck happened?
People aged out. A lot of the people who were on the board in the early to mid 2000s are now in their mid 30s at the minimum. The older you get, the less you tolerate bullshit, which this place has by the boatload.

Other platforms have actual moderation that goes full Remove Kebab on shitposters and baitposters.

>> No.10867637

>>10867466
The internet culture aged out of 4chan. 2010->2015 was where most people who grew up in the nerdy anime is just now popular and easy to get online, had probably been in HS or just around it. 4chan was a one stop shop for instant discussion and shit around a slew of topics, I remember cons in 2012 where the % of male to female at cgl meets was about split evenly, now you're lucky to find any slightly normal cgl meetup that has a biological female.

2013-2014 was the second wind for this place followed by a decline of anything quality.

Now no one wants to associate with 4chan since every board is instantly pol, and there are so many other options that can moderate better and plan more things without letting personal info sit out there. Threads and cons can go into more details on things rather than stupid rampid shitposting, I mean just look at the current threads up about cons that happened within the past 2 weeks. They are garbage near /b/ tier posting. Is that the shit you really want to associate with at a con or be known for compared to a quick google for a discord->join->go?

>> No.10868247
File: 58 KB, 540x540, 54f3wvnncnwx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I haven't been here in a long time and just wanted to see what was going on, I used to love and try to dress in different styles of jfashion I learned about from here. I am an aging millenial with kids and dress like a normal mom now because your kids will suffer socially for it if you dress in a way the other normie moms dislike. I think most people figure this life lesson out pretty quickly but I didn't figure it out until my 30s because autismo.

>> No.10868310

>>10868247
>your kids will suffer socially for it if you dress in a way the other normie moms dislike.
this isn't really true. if your personality is weird they will suffer from that anyway. your kids will grow up with more issues if you teach them not to be true to themselves.

>> No.10868316

>>10868310
Maybe if you live somewhere more accepting people will allow you to dress unconventionally without excluding your family but that was not my experience with my age cohort of other moms approaching middle age. I am definitely more warmly recieved and socially successful dressing like 40 year old Utah mom than in otome fashion. I hope the next generation will be more accepting of adults who have their own personal fashion sense.

>> No.10868322

>>10868316
nta, i believe you, there’s a certain set of anons though who don’t believe that anyone should ever care about how they’re perceived by society and look down on those of us who do.
I’m sorry people in your area aren’t accepting of alt fashion. It really sucks, it’s like losing weight where people start magically treating you better.

>> No.10868352

>>10868316
>>10868322
if you read what i posted it was about how parents personalities still imprint anyway and so hiding your weeb powerlevel from others is useless to how your kids will turn out and it just changes how you will be perceived. also being extremely wealthy allows you to dress however.

>> No.10868361

>>10868322
I understand, I had the same mindset for a long time, I didn't change my wardrobe to be normal until I directly experienced that my fashion choices were negatively impacting my children. There's an old photoshoot older anons here have probably seen of a lolita dressed beautifully and there are women in the background who inserted themselves into the photoshoot laughing at her. I didn't care about receiving those kinds of negative reactions when it was just me, but I felt differently when my children were impacted.

>> No.10868367

>>10852014
Ophelia kek doesn't she do humiliation porn now under the name misha mayfair? Also CHARMS kek is now a trans man with the worlds fattest titty implants. chokelate>everyone also rest in piss logseux you nasty ugly stupid heroin addict dumb bitch. I'm glad all these bitches are gone they were fucking annoying.

>> No.10868696

>>10864772
mostly discord

>> No.10868715

>>10851596
My campaign of rayp against seagulls drove them all away

>> No.10868749

>>10868361
NAYRT but I'm just curious: what kinds of things did people say to you/your kids that made you stop wearing J-fashion? Sounds like it must have been pretty bad...

>> No.10868752
File: 99 KB, 792x612, img.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851955
I'm new so idk if this was ever posted here before, but I recently found this comic on DeviantArt and thought you gulls would like it

>> No.10868757

>>10868752
happened to an actual friend of mine. She was cosplaying Rikku FF10 for the weekend but eventually switched out of her outfit for the rave. She was with her other friend when a guy says can I take a photo of you? Our mutual is puzzled and is like why she's not in costume but my friend doesn't care and says sure
make joke about how guy was gonna masturbate to her and she said 'whatever if that's what gets him off I don't lose anything'
instead turns out guy was just akward and tries to ask her out later but she said no thanks

>> No.10868858

>>10868361
I know what picture you're talking about - the photoshoot picture you're thinking of was staged, the girls in the background were asked to point and laugh. Just letting you know.

>> No.10871183
File: 164 KB, 826x600, Soni_Sensei_Loves_Eggplants_by_deviouselite.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I miss the tripfag Soni (2008) and her big boobs

>> No.10871212
File: 178 KB, 1200x1141, 1663544575248411.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Without sounding boomery

Ngl I just got tired of the drama this place somehow manages to muster that 10x over any other place. While I still pop in from time to time to check on events and lurk a few discords I almost never really engage outside a few close people I know and trust.

I'm tired of dealing with what 'creepy anon totally did! cops were called trust me! don't ask for proof! do you know who I am!"
I don't have time to play guessing games of if someone is a dickhead because 5 or 6 years ago some dude was a dick that time you met him
The petty circlejerk around discord mods now vs. who's not a suckup vs. who's just that annoying is boring
Any and all room drama is a killer.

CGL culture at least in my mind died in 16 or 17, basically when anyone who grew up on 4chan started getting job. The fun was having a thread dedicated to the con where info was just shared, meetup points were always at a landmark, hotel, or bar, afterword most everyone would split their different ways; and most importantly taking their differences with one another with them and said party.

Now you have discord. CGL thread either migrates to that discord or all discussion goes there, and it's about whatever troon, orbiter for women, or drama fest the server has going for it. You then gotta deal with really petty drama other than "anons gunna anon" followed by years of 4chan and cgl dug up drama from 4chan or discord. What's the worst is orbiters and drama stirrers.

Maybe I was just blissfully unaware but man the best times I had was just chilling with random anons drinking, partying, and shitposting knowing the thread will 404 and all the dumbshit drama with it(usually).

>> No.10873160
File: 93 KB, 320x240, cgldare.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

From the 2008 thread where tripfags showed off their tits (in bras)
It was a different time

>> No.10874594

>>10851346
jew propaganda and normies, that’s what.

>> No.10875565 [DELETED] 

>>10851346

>> No.10875578

>>10851481
Pretty much this.

>> No.10875579

>>10851545
Drama is love, drama is life.

>> No.10877777
File: 357 KB, 432x585, 1385622676124.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10877793

>>10873160
what tripfag was this?

>> No.10877985

>>10851346
Man women in Haruhi cosplays are cute

>> No.10877986

>>10851490
>jannies made a series of changes to the board that would obviously chase women away
>jannies ban all community drama and threads for specific people
If a woman is chased away by this then she's an attention whore

>> No.10877988

>>10851765
>I have no idea why Gen Z in particular dedicates so much of their energy to this shit
Unironically it's because most of them are nonwhites or influenced by nonwhite e-celebs that promote being agressive to people for no reason

>> No.10878042

>>10877986
>>10877988
These niggas are why the board sucks, obvious crossboard incels who won't integrate, won't lurk and just post bait all fucking day because it's the only interaction they get. I wish our jannies weren't so shit and banned retards but until then the board will remain shit because non cosplayers and non lolitas who jack off to culture war bullshit abd retarded tourists use this place like a petting zoo.

>> No.10878065

I miss when there was a greater variety of styles, seeing different jfash aside from lolita and cosplay was a big draw for me. Now it seems like even the lolita threads are narrow in scope.
>>10852570
dumb but relevant story about this, years back I met the daughter of a family friend. It somehow came up that she thought 4chan was some sort of orchestrated terroristic website for stalking random people to harass, and for DDOSing; the way she described it was sort of like kiwi, but if they targeted arbitrary everyday people as opposed to lolcows and actively tried to ruin their lives for no reason other than to be psychos. I was so stunned by this insane perception that I pulled up the site and showed her that it's just a disorganized hobby website for idiots, and she was so enamored and charmed that there's a cooking board that she completely changed her mind. In retrospect it's stupid that I revealed my use of the site but her reaction was pretty funny. She's kinda a dummy in general but I'm convinced there has to be more people with ridiculous irrational beliefs about the site

>> No.10878122

>>10878042
What the fuck are you even talking about

>> No.10878185

>>10851615
>Combine that with the massive rise in cosplay YouTube tutorials and why would anyone come here for help?
Speaking as someone who does look up videos first, I like secondary opinions.

>> No.10878187

>>10877777
Oh God no, not this story again.
>pents

>> No.10878189

>>10871183
Got more?

>> No.10878206
File: 8 KB, 300x168, 1687098988429732.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10877777
>Hetalia

>> No.10878283

>>10851346
>What the fuck happened?
The times have changed, and it's not 2008 anymore. There are better places to post without dealing with the usual bullshit attached to this site. People complain about heavy handed moderation on other sites but then you take a look at the shit bait threads that stay on here for months and then you start to appreciate it.

>> No.10878326

>>10851637
Mines the opposite.

>ask for advice help.
>GUYS REMEMBER! DON'T BE RUDE AMD NEGATIVE THIS IS A SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY.
>Every commit is just generic well dones and people patting themselves on the back while zero criticism or advice is ever given.

>> No.10878330

>>10851945
I feel bad for making fun of her all these years. She was the one lolcow that really didn't deserve it.

>> No.10878331

>>10852014

Sauce???

>> No.10878333

>>10852052
Maybe... you're the cosplay gf!

>> No.10878336

>>10853384
There where literal 4chan pannels back in the day and moot even hosted quite a few of them you newfag.

>> No.10878338

>>10853656
Pol will only die when 4chan shuts down and then that happens it will be ww3.

>> No.10878344
File: 17 KB, 480x272, 1689834718526832.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10851969
It's been a while since I've seen this gif last time, but whenever I do, it sparks pure joy in me.

I have stopped coming here about 4 years ago. Does cgl have any bits of good vibes left or is it all coomers now?

>> No.10878399

>>10851346
The Western cosplay community Died it's true death once the Cosplay.com oldguard petered out. Drama or no, it used to be a much more close knit community. But then social media and thotplay happened. Also, now there's so many cosplayers, no one knows each other, and no one cares to know each other.

>I remember back in the day this used to be one of the more popular boards on the site

There were less places to talk cosplay back then. Discord sort of took over in some ways, which is weird.

>> No.10878402

>>10871183

I think I still have some nude pics of her saved somewhere. I used to briefly interact with that clique around here. They were fags, I remember that masa d luffy guy trying to fight me, thought he was so tough because he boxed.

>> No.10878411

>>10878402
>I remember that masa d luffy guy trying to fight me, thought he was so tough because he boxed.

sad

>> No.10878504

>>10878402

why would you admit this lmao

>> No.10878518

>>10878504

Because you have no idea who I am, if i'm telling the truth, or have anyway to verify what i'm saying or stop me.

>> No.10878857

>>10868316
>I hope the next generation will be more accepting of adults who have their own personal fashion sense.
For this to happen, we need there to be adults who dress unconventionally even in the face of criticism. It's not your personal obligation and I would probably do the same in your shoes, but nothing in society will change if everyone thinks like you. It's hard to win, huh.

>> No.10878905

>>10878518

weird thing to lie about irrelevant people in a mostly dead board

>> No.10878980

>>10878905

I mean, that's fine, but I still have those pics, you can't stop me, move on.

>> No.10879168

>>10878980

i love how your big show of resistance is “u can’t tell me what to jack off to” like that’s supposed to be a big deal to us rather than just make you look more like a pathetic coomer LMAO

>> No.10879175

>>10879168

I would say its more the fact you can insult me, call me a coomer or whatever you want, but you will never ever know who I am. So anything you say to me doesn't stick ;>)

>> No.10879177

>>10879175

the knowledge that somebody like this still exists is enough for me, it doesn’t matter who you are. Though it’s probably why your life is that miserable with people living that rent free in your head

>> No.10879194

>>10879177

My life is pretty great actually. I have no idea what people you're talking about.

>> No.10879214

>>10879177
please stop falling for obvious bait, it's getting embarrassing

>> No.10879216

>>10879175
I know who you are

>> No.10879273

>>10879194

doubt it

>> No.10879297

>>10879216

No you don't

>>10879273

Yeh-huh

>> No.10879303

>>10879297
Does the letter "M" mean anything to ya?

>> No.10879314

>>10879303

You son of a bitch!

>> No.10879573

Well if y'all want to improve /cgl/ go apply for a janny position since they're open for applications.

Be the change and filter the shitty threads.

>> No.10879580

>>10879573

the last time this happened they let two tripfags run the board and it shit the whole bed

>> No.10881738

>>10879580
there are zero tripfags on /cgl/ anymore

>> No.10882108

This place is so sad to return to even though I do.
Before you could show people posts and threads from here and everyone would get a chuckle and read them and heed the information in each thread. You can't do that anymore, the days of 2015 are gone forever and I hate it. I spent the last 4 cons showing people archived.moe links to threads for laughs or ongoing thread drama and most just looked at me like I was some kind of weirdo. Oh i'm sorry, I thought we were both familiar with the internet and into anime/weeb culture. CGL has it's problems but it's where I base most my viewpoints of cons from to this day. Most people still posting here really get meat and potatoes out of what's really going on in our community and it's sad to see how fucked the world view has shifted.

If you bring this place up to normies anymore they act like you're some weirdo freak and don't trust anything. What happened in 2016 was that Trump brought this site to the front page of normies and everyone thinks this place is /pol/, well it's not.

>> No.10882209

>>10851346
They invented reddit.

>> No.10882300

Jfashion on cgl is dead because
>Retarded jannies started banning you for cyber bullying even if you just said someone was a creeper or had an ugly coord
>Lolitas started posting on Instagram and then tiktok, harder to harvest for crit threads
>onlyfans girls and coomers ruin every jfashion trend
>K-pop overtakes weebism for the hearts of teenagers
>Global living costs kill jfashion brands and why would you bother joining a community to learn how to purchase niche Japanese brands when you can just buy from from shein anyway
>Decentralised communities due to discord and personalised tiktok algorithms
>4chans reputation doesn't work with current social political ideals
>Gen z can't deal with being anonymous and having to use an old fashioned webpage
>captcha got fucking hard to use, I can never solve the slider ones

>> No.10882350

I think a part of why /cgl/ is dying is because most new lolitas are *very* thin skinned; they can’t handle the actual criticism that /cgl/ provides. most new lolitas today just go on r/lolita to post there shitty shein JSK so people can baby them about not actually buying a real lolita jsk, of course they will probably receive criticism of some kind but they’ll just cry about it and try to make an excuse as to why they made that decision when they (some of them) know better. This kind of behavior is hurting lolita fashion and j-fashion, refusing to buy more high quality garments is very damaging and simply isn’t how j-fashion is supposed to function as an entire fashion and culture.

Like other people have said: overall cost of living worldwide is also affecting cosplay and lolita related events in real life and also on /cgl/ as well.

>> No.10882352

>>10882300
>>onlyfans girls and coomers ruin every jfashion trend

Is this actually true? I’m not on the cosplay side on /cgl/ but I’m an advent enjoyer of jfashion and I’ve never seen onlyfans girls as a big threat to the jfashion community, I’d say the people we should be concerned about for the jfashion (especially lolita) community are the actual pedos that are being welcomed into our communities because “any gender can wear lolita!!!!” When that’s not based in any historical fact at all. It’s honestly embarrassing where our community has come to as a whole.

>> No.10882375

>>10882350
yep true these lolita bitches are so fucking dumb and thin skinned they need to go

>> No.10882382

>>10851490
You can really tell this board has a ton of insecure women when you see shit like this

>> No.10883085

>>10882375
>>10882382
Not even going to bother with a bait image. Try harder.

>> No.10883087

>>10882352
lolita was invented by a man. cope and seethe

>> No.10883488

>>10851504
People who ethot and actually scheme the social ladder games aren't autists.

>> No.10886067 [DELETED] 

>>10851346

>> No.10887158

>>10851608
I went to the most recent AX and went to the cgl meet up, entirely a group of ugly poltard scum, but we did bum around for a bit and I had fun

>> No.10887193

I can’t even talk about local cosplay/lolita community drama anymore without copping a ban and I’m from AZ. Do you know how hard that is? Even if I censor names and photos

>> No.10887247
File: 71 KB, 800x765, flat,800x800,075,f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10879573
>go waste time applying for a position you'll never get because 4chan staff are an incestuous clique of discord trannies who will never relinquish their hold on the site
>democracy totally works gaiz XD

>> No.10887339

I haven't been on /cgl/ or 4chan in general in five years and I don't see myself ever returning, but today I happened to see an oldschool lolita picture and it triggered something in me. Honestly I can't believe I'm even typing here again, it's such a strange feeling. Mostly hung around here around 2012-2018 and have many fond memories.

I did notice quite a few "sexy cosplay" threads looking through the catalog, which I don't remember being nearly as prominent and is pretty offputting for me (or maybe those kinds of things were a lot easier for me to ignore as a wee lass, not sure). Actually I was hoping to find an oldschool or mori general but I see everything has been converged into a single jfash general. Sad!

I never really found a good general j-fashion discord server though, any recommendations by any chance?

Also what the hell is this captcha, I think I couldn't post regularly even if I wanted to with this schizophrenic mess in my way. Finding bikes was annoying enough but this is on another level.

>> No.10888164

>>10851484
site used to make money via advertisers,
then ads stopped because of illegal shit, false shit, and other kinds of shit
ads that sold anime goods/services and/or board specific stuff got repeatedly hacked, fucked with, and targeted making this site destructive to making money online
4chan pass, aka next tier aka no more captcha's and exclusive posting rights/services failed/falsified and specifically targeted
everyone and their child fucking uncles/AIDS infested druggy cousins getting dragged around by gay aunts/cousins to try and infect "obviously guilty/not guilty family members" so they can pimp them out to infect/pimp/sale male/female members of families and others for money/get rich quick scheme's/insurance fraud
mental health scams that often go under the radar because said charges never show up in billings and allow family members and others to repeatedly make false claims, destroy credit scores/job listing/offers AND make money for underperforming clinics/family members and more
psycho postings and other shit and standard shutting down of posters that go off scripts being fed to keep poor, hard working "4chan is full of the worst scum of the internet training/mining operations" postings aka that post you keep seeing being reposted til they get their desired responses from targets??

aka how to use 4chan to commit people who sometimes NEVER VISITED the SITE and who's computers get fucked with via bored kids running into private homes/offices and dumping obvious drop phones filled with kiddy porn and shit in the wrong language(person living there literally can't speak/write english/japanese/whatever language the phone dropper used) and assumed that the millionaire/billionaire CAN use said apps/data

narcissist personality disorder is king here and elsewhere in real life and online/courts/politics/small town and large/cities and courts/law/medicine

>> No.10888178

>>10887339
I drifted away from 4chan in general around 2018 or so but I’ve come back around in the past year or so. I’ve grown to appreciate the simplicity of there only being a conversation as opposed to the labor of maintaining an online profile/persona and the distraction of upvotes/likes etc.

>> No.10888182

>>10887339
>mori general
why would you expect a thread for a long dead fashion? even

>> No.10888203

>>10887339
we have several lolita threads going right now and also regularly have oldschool threads so i don't know what you mean by everything being converged to one single thread. and yeah like >>10888182 said, mori is dead, naturally there isn't a thread or a general for it.
also like you're welcome to make a thread? so many complaints about "there isn't any x!" it's like you all forget you can all make threads yourselves to talk or post about the topics you want to discuss

>> No.10888242

>>10888203
Nayrt but I don't think they're complaining, just noticing things aren't like how they were a few years ago, calm down.

It's kind of crazy how do many jfashions up and died. I guess menhera and that one jfash style I can't really remember the name of morphed together with egirl shit into jirai kei, but a ton of others died. I think the very short lived jfash I loved the most was uchuukei. Very cute ideas there.

>> No.10888249

>>10888242
That's normal in any fashion. Trends die. New trends take their place. In 5 years no one will be talking about jirai, just like how no one's talking about larme now.

>> No.10888253

>>10888242
yamikawaii? yeah menhera and yami have kind of bled over into jirai to the point they're barely distinct.

any dead fashion has potential for a revival, though.

>> No.10888280

>>10888249
>> In 5 years no one will be talking about jirai
Why are people obsessed with jirai kei anyway? Some designs are cute but most of it is just cookie cutter designs and shitty quality. It feels like a egirls reimagining of lolita.

>> No.10888282

>>10888280
everything you said is why, unfortunately.

>> No.10888292

>>10887193
Post on lolcow

>> No.10890592 [DELETED] 

>>10851346

>> No.10894041

>>10851958
I been keeping an eye on her FB...sadly she's gone full self hating trans man.

Like I am Bi and even I am like 'Nah, her minds too far gone'

>> No.10894044

>>10888242
I still wear menhera and uchuu stuff. I think just a lot of people stopped using 4chan as a means to discuss fashion because the trolls got so bad. Menhera was a particular magnet for it.

>> No.10894045

>>10888253
Nah, it's not bled over into jirai. Everything is blue and white now though. It's bled into mizuiro.

>I'm feeling blue. Da, ba, dee...

>> No.10896974 [DELETED] 

>>10851346

>> No.10897106

>>10878283
Please suggest a better place for me.

>> No.10897110

>>10851346
People aged out of cosplay. It's weird if you're older than 29 and cosplay at anime cons. Lolita is also age-walled at 35.

>> No.10897112

>>10897110
So why didnt the new blood post here

>> No.10897114

>>10897112
4chan feels anachronistic to most people now.

Only new blood we're getting seems to be in boards where you can't talk about a topic anywhere else. Like /pol/ for sheer unbridled insanity. Or /lgbt/ where you can talk about cutting edge lgbt shit without the suffocating amounts of policing about mean words.

Facebook/Discord is the place to be for cons now. Even large cons barely maintain any semblance of community on reddit.

>> No.10898458

>>10873160
I was in kindergarten when this pic was taken, I can legally drink in the US now

>> No.10898779

>>10897112

because /cgl/ has always sucked except for the time when there was a community. Nobody wants to admit the tripfag era was peak /cgl/

>> No.10898807

>>10877777
checked for hetalia cringe
that's one fandom I'm glad is dead (Homestuck is still kind of alive unfortunately)

>> No.10898808

>>10877985
>>10851346
I miss the Haruhi fandom so much

>> No.10898815

>>10898808
Yeah, i hope it comes back somehow

>> No.10898825

>>10898779
It'll never come back. The era of "it's cool being a fucking jerkoff on the internet" died many years ago with the advent of social media. Discord is where it's at, all this cesspool is good for is containing the malcontents of society.

>> No.10898869

>>10898825
Discord is full of trannies

>> No.10898870

>come back around 3-4 times a year to check for a thread about a con I want to go to
>anon it's in the discord
>either you get lucky and a link is posted or no link ever posted
>if you get "lucky" and get in the discord 4 out of 5 times it's dead and the "real discord" is some smaller subset of users
>go to post in the thread it's either literally who drama that unless you were there 5 years ago before covid no one would know
>maybe get another anon looking to hang out
>it's the most stereotypical coomers possible
Don't have time to waste trying to sort through all the trash anymore when I can simply show up at a con and see what sticks. It's basically a waste of time to try and find anything worth a meetup here.

>> No.10898872

>>10898825
> Discord is where it's at
Newfag but in my opinion I think the format of 4chan is infinitely better than discords. People on discord are either troons or stupid egirls and you can get doxxed pretty easily. I like the anonymous part of 4chan so if you fuck up no one will know who you are.

>> No.10898873

>>10898872
4chan is the best site format unironically. I wish actual anonymity was more common on the internet. Usernames just create e celebs and encourage people to judge a post based on who posted it, not what's in it. It also makes it easier for people to link to their accounts on degenerate shit like instagram where they have their real names and photos

>> No.10899119

>>10852262
sounds kinda like this that one dota 2 caster that got fucked to all hell because of some tweets he made and stirred the #MeToo movement in Dota, losing some of the best casters in the scene.

>> No.10899378

>>10897112
I think that the "swipe swipe swipe" shortform video feature outcompetes text paragraphs at capturing the attention of ADHD addled zoomers.

>> No.10899391

>>10851507
>the giant spike in the middle on 2014 because of Dashcon
I miss those days...

>> No.10899452
File: 203 KB, 1080x1080, 1659369081827070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

basically picrel, not even entirely on the board but with how you get retards from /pol/ that have zero interest in anime, manga, j-fashion, or literally anything remotely relavent. Rather, its one the few spots they can reliably attempt meeting up with other's from 4chan, problem is they dont lurk more and do the age old /pol/ thing of trying to inject the gayest, most inane 'topics' into conversations at every turn.

gotta always lol when people talk like facebook groups moving to discord was a bad thing. Its not better by any significant margin, though its certainly not worse

>> No.10899624

>>10899452
>retards from /pol/
I feel called out. I first started using this website seriously in order to follow the 2016 election. That was the better part of a decade ago now...what have I been doing in the meantime?

>> No.10900621

>>10899624
be garbage that lowers the quality of 4chan

>> No.10900678

>>10900621
Get over yourself. 4chan has always been ruined. The people who got here in 2016 will tell you that it's been downhill since then, the people who got here in 2013 will say it was good in 2013, unlike today. Then going back to Chanology, or Occupy, or whenever. Every day is a death and a birth.

>> No.10900695

>>10900678
thats the problem. The newfags that graduated from /b/ at least knew they were garbage. election tourists think they are above that.

>> No.10901472

>>10900695
Well, If I ever get a time machine I'll be sure to go back 8 years to straighten myself out.

>> No.10902130

>>10901472
For me it would be more like 16 years tbqh.