[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 33 KB, 500x313, 638CD178-4680-4441-AB4D-A860FE58BC65.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10565746 No.10565746 [Reply] [Original]

How much do you spend each month?
What was your last purchase?
What do you regret buying?
How do you manage your addiction with limited income?

>> No.10565772
File: 256 KB, 500x600, lzir0ww41ZXBJH4gWtLRnURV979sC6ICmpFVglAm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10565746
>How much do you spend each month?
2k-ish usd

>What was your last purchase?
melody toys secondhand, it's in the mail

>What do you regret buying?
casual lolita skirts. when I'm feeling casual, I'd rather wear something that doesn't need a petti like liz lisa, axes femme, or even just normie clothes. and the skirts are too cheap to fuck around with selling them.

>How do you manage your addiction with limited income?
I keep a list of things I'm looking for, and if it's not on the list then I try to be more critical and reference my wardrobe to see if it would actually match/if it's redundant.

>> No.10565776
File: 53 KB, 500x600, NUVunp6BvN4Z7sHKLi1znQRHM3qDsY7IyOTWMnyS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this thread is going to be 90% sweet lolitas, i can taste it

>>10565746
it varies. i think my highest is close to 4k in one month, but on average it's 2-3k.
pic rel
i already regret buying a full set of the SC mto because i don't even like the print, i just feel nostalgic for it because of all the photos i saw of it as a teenager. i know i won't sell it though.
it's not really an issue for me because both my partner and i work and split bills, so i end up with a ton of expendable income even after putting some away for savings.

additionally, having a history of buying a shit ton of stuff and not having to cycle through my wardrobe for funds means there's less stuff i really want. i'm also extremely picky about new releases and most of the time don't want to buy any new AP that isn't cotton or some less expensive supplemental item (blouses, bags, jewelry, what have you)

>> No.10565800

>>10565746
~$5k

a cute AP sweater cutsew. really loving cutsews lately.

2 milky planets in the original JSK cut, they're adorable but not flattering on me and i can't bring myself to sell even so. wish i hadn't spent so much on them.
>>10565776
>i already regret buying a full set of the SC mto because i don't even like the print, i just feel nostalgic for it because of all the photos i saw of it as a teenager. i know i won't sell it though.
this too anon, exactly this

i buy my needs/non-lolita wants first and force myself to set aside savings, then buy lolita. still unhealthy, could save way more, but at least i'm not going without.

>> No.10565852

>>10565800
>5k a month
no offense, but what do you even buy? i can barely find 1k worth of stuff i want to buy a month

>> No.10565872

How much do you spend each month?
$300-500 ish
What was your last purchase?
A $110 haul from closetchild, and a bunch of cute jewelry on etsy. Before that, I impulse bought a solid pink bodyline jsk and I love it.
What do you regret buying?
The 1 chocolate dress in my wardrobe. Other than that, no regrets. I just need more organizational stuff
How do you manage your addiction with limited income?
I save money, pay my bills and credit cards, and have some left over. My husband isn't working right now, but since we live with his parents, our finances aren't really an issue.

>> No.10565875

>>10565746
I used to spend 150-300 each month, increased to maybe 1k/ mo when I got a better job. This past year or so there’s been hardly anything I wanted. Some months I bought a blouse and accessories. A new dress maybe every 2-3 months and a used dress maybe 2-3 x in the year

>> No.10565877

I'm afraid to count how much I spend because then I'll become depressed when I realize I have spent 20k on uwu anime dresses. I know it makes me happy, but it's still hard to justify with that number when you are trying to adult and buy a house.

>>10565800
Do you really spend 60k on lolita a year

>> No.10565880

>>10565877
yeah, these numbers got me thinking too.

i think spending 60k on only lolita annually could only be feasible for someone who makes >100k a year and has no debt. or, if they made a good roll when they were born and have family money or something. otherwise, the idea of someone making less and consequently having to neglect their quality of life/future savings in exchange for lolita is just sad.

then again this is the shopping addition general so par for the course. 2-3k monthly is just more believable to me

>> No.10565885

>>10565746
Depends if I want anything that month but on average maybe ~ $200-$500

Two AP skirts, Cookie Cream Collection in pink, and Milky Cross in pink. Need that cute casual shit.
>>10565772
Fight me anon. I don't even wear Pettis with my skirts. Just skirt + cute shirt + cute socks + casual cute shoes = boom easy casual outfit.

Those little AP parka's. I have like 5, a bunch of chocolate ones and a bear one. I never use them but I won't sell them lol.

I make like $170k a year I don't think I excessively spend. I also have all my money go into a joint account with my partner so if I go overboard I know I'll get called out. That really helps. I try to also purge items (sell) after a large purchase, to help balance things out.

>> No.10565887

>>10565885
Oh also.. I've been spending A LOT more since COVID started. So much therapy shopping. I bought 1.5k last month which is a lot for me.

>> No.10565888

>>10565885
why are u in the shopping addiction thread if you only spend that much tho

i guess a general shopping habits thread would have made more sense because everyone is going to fill out the form

>> No.10565920

I feel like this fits here. I am legitimately stressed out by the amount of packages I have at Tenso. Does anyone else ever get like this? EMS is suspended, so my options are DHL and pay out the ass for fees and customs, or sea mail. Some of the packages are high value or fragile so I’m not super comfortable with sea mail. Plus sea mail is getting backed up and taking even longer.

>> No.10565945

>>10565888
NTA but I see shopping addiction as regularly spending above your means, whatever your means actually are. Otherwise this thread will just be well off anons talking about how they spend money they wouldn’t really be using otherwise, which I guess is also a possible thread topic but not really what comes to mind for me when I read “shopping addiction general”

>> No.10565947

>>10565888
this isn't a dick measuring competition

>> No.10565966

>>10565947
anon you're missing the point, literally this thread is about people who spend above their means. making 170k a year and spending 200 a month on lolita doesn't apply. It's awesome and healthy, but it's not a shopping addiction at all.

and having an addiction isn't somethingto brag about, so how could it be a dick measuring competition? try using your brain, i promise it won't hurt

>> No.10565984

>>10565852
I thought the same thing. If there was anything worth buying, I would happily spend 5k a month too. But the secondhand market is so dry/boring right now and new releases are extremely lacking except for accessories. I'm an AP sweet whore though.

My only guess was that the anon is fairly new and spent 5k a month grabbing all the popular dresses that are currently expensive. 60k a year is a pretty daunting figure.

>> No.10565995
File: 20 KB, 1080x134, Screenshot_20210227-172006.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10565852
>>10565984
2nd anon is correct, i'm relatively new, so - a lot of main pieces, accessories, blouses. it'd be less if sweet prices weren't so high. shopping addiction etc etc so i stalk markets pretty often. this was my mercari/fril total from this month, xianyu was similar, and i buy from LM as well. i'm slowing down now that i have basically everything off my wishlist so it'll likely go down to 1k-ish next month.

>> No.10566000

>>10565966
I literally don't spend money on anything else other than essential things (rent, food, etc..). I'm pretty frugal so even spending $200 on my lower end months is a lot to me. I spent like $1.5k last month on stuff.

It does feel like I'm addicted. Although yes, I'm not spending as much as 5k-anon, to me it feels like I cannot stop myself from pressing buy when I find something I like.

>> No.10566017

>>10566000
it sounds less like you have a shopping addiction and more like you need to loosen up with the frugality, anon. like, a $200 purchase with an income of $170,000 shouldn't feel like a huge deal, y'know?

>> No.10566019

>>10566017
lol 170k is not a lot in California especially since we're trying to save for a downpayment on a house, which is like minimum 250k, that's for a crappy starter home too. On top of that the taxes here are fucking stupid, half of my income goes to taxes, another huge chunk goes to rent and bills.

>> No.10566021

>>10566019
oh, that's on me for being dumb then. i live in the south so 170 here goes extremely far, even in nice areas. what's the draw to staying in california if life is like that? just curious

>> No.10566027

>>10566021
SF, good luck buying a house in the city. On top of that like 100k in student loan debt.

>> No.10566037

Around 1k

large Taobao haul

Boz jackets. done it twice, bought and they never fit right so I have to sell. I want them but just don't look good on me.

Constant PayPal debt, buying cheaper food and just generally hunting for deals for essentials.

>> No.10566040

>>10565966
Not necessarily I used to get ridiculous anxiety searching secondhand for hours each night but would spend well below my means. The addiction was buying and searching things continuously , it interfered with having a social life and doing anything productive

>> No.10566042

I can see that people here think spending $200 a month is nothing, but compared to majority of normies it’s a lot.
Most people do not buy clothes every month or look at dresses every day.

>> No.10566047

>>10566040
this exactly, I'm within my means but only because I spend so much time obsessing about which items in my cart get to make it to checkout.

>>10566042
majority of normies have other hobbies, duh

>> No.10566081

>>10566042
what >>10566047 said and from my experience with normies, they have a tendency to like... shop around a lot, but not for anything in particular?

like "i'm gonna go to ROSS!!!" and spend 50 there, then hit up their other favorite retailers and just kind of sprinkle money around. the average not super fashion conscious normie would see $200 on one thing as a lot, because they can get more quantity for their dollar

>> No.10566124
File: 200 KB, 638x574, 1600518351814.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What was your most expensive haul?

>> No.10566174

>>10566124
Not me but have you guys seen this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IULvZ3d7ds

>> No.10566180

Wew I'm happy I have a bunch of other hobbies that also require my money, or else I'd be the same as anons here. In hindsight, spending 2k+ on clothes each month is just kind of a waste.

>> No.10566182

>>10566124
probably 5k across 3 different packages, all at once this past October - 1k from AP for the Little Witch Series, 1.5k from a higher end Japanese fashion store I like, 2.7k from an SS for secondhand AP stuff

>> No.10566187

>>10566180
it's only a waste if it doesn't make you happy, imo.

>> No.10566204

>>10566187
nah, there are a lot of things that make one happy but would still be less benificial than others

>> No.10566205

>>10566081
Girls I work with will obsess over coach, louis vuitton, etc bags, wallets, sunglasses etc that are completely plain and boring and be like "omg i need these, only $500, gotta bug my bf" meanwhile I'm over here on my lunch break bidding on honey cake with my own money and not feeling bad about it one bit. My husband loves my hobbies though lol and doesn't even care about my spending

>> No.10566242

>>10566124
I think around 3-4K recently accumulated during January-February. I just started a new job so WAYYYY more disposable income that I’m not used to. I definitely need to chill out though.

>> No.10566249
File: 94 KB, 1080x1080, A214FA77-83B4-4FF1-99B7-8A45B7C425F5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10565746

i try to budget around ~3k a month, sometimes more, sometimes less

today it was bunch of stuff from liz lisa, shoes from lodispotto

2 weeks ago, i accidentally bought the same coat twice.. first one from mercari and then 3 days later new from the website... i just forgot and now i’ll probably have to sell the other at a 40% loss

when i had less money, i just didn’t use instagram and spent time playing games instead of shopping
now with a lot of disposable income, it’s literally shopping and insta all day

>>10566124
since i don’t wear lolita, most clothes are not expensive but many of my merc hauls come out to ~4k

>> No.10566305

Around 1k a month on average, more if I can actually find things I want to buy. The secondhand market can be so dry sometimes and I rarely buy new

My first ever Taobao haul, I didn't want to just order a pair of rhs and nothing else. Got a coat, a petticoat, some basics, shoes and accessories

I rarely regret my purchases, but I do regret having god tier taste and padding out my wardrobe with 10+ velveteen main pieces that I will only be able to wear a few weeks out of the year once I move to SoCal

If something isn't on my wishlist, I try to rationalize if I really need it or have something similar in my wardrobe already. Mostly I just buy whatever I want either way, if I really need to cut my spending I just stop browsing for things to buy

>>10566205
Feels good to have superior taste, doesn't it? My husband loves lolita and encourages my spending too. He straight up told me if the fashion I'm into wasn't so cute, he wouldn't have been as enthusiastic about supporting my addiction

>> No.10566307

>>10565746
>manage
>addiction
lol

>> No.10566313

>>10566205
#notlikeothergirls

>> No.10566435

>>10566305
>last purchase
>Taobao haul
>god tier taste
Nah

>> No.10566440

>>10566124
I think, including shipping and tax, I spent around $1K on my birthday Abilletage haul

>> No.10566671

>>10566249
top tier taste anon. I too also spend too much on Liz Lisa and Lodispotto

>>10565746
Probably about 2k
I did a Liz Lisa pre-order and then followed that up by buying several clearance items I've been watching. Also bought an AP JSK in my dream print.
There's this one LL dress I bought for a virtual event and then I just never wore.
I do my best to budget, but mostly I have one credit card and I refuse to put anything on it that I can't pay off from my actual account the same day. That way I don't put myself in the red and end up fucking up my credit score.

>> No.10566688

I spend like $2k a month tops. Normally $1k but i’m just getting into jfash/cgl so i need a lot of basics.

Last purchase was a roccoco bouquet jsk from victorian maiden :)

I regret buying a bunch of swankiss/axes femme tops. because it arrived and i don’t love it. It does look nice so maybe i can use it for work.

I manage my addiction by not spending what i don’t have. But also i’ve been selling what i don’t like, which is working out well. I guess i happened to buy stuff that people want

>> No.10566712

>>10566688
I noticed swankiss and axes femme sell pretty well on depop, oftentimes even for more than original price

>> No.10566719

I don’t know how much I spend per month (I don’t want to know) but I have bought pretty much my whole wardrobe in under a year and it’s almost entirely brand. I cut out all of my other luxuries and work super long hours. I do feel guilty sometimes just because I’ve hardly been in the fashion but have managed to get my hands on some very rare items that I know people have been looking for for years just by being in the right place at the right time.

>> No.10566865

How ridiculous is it if I spend $100 on a pair of OTKs?

>> No.10566871

>>10566865
I'd never do that. Legwear wears out too easily for that to be a sensible decision, then again I'm not fussed at all about things like complete sets & so on so ymmv

>> No.10566903

How much do you spend each month? Between $500 - $1k

What was your last purchase? Bought 2 renaissance outfits this month for a fair in june.

What do you regret buying? A new hair curler, didn't need it and it was very sporadic.

How do you manage your addiction with limited income? My income isn't as limited as others and I can easily spend $700 a fortnight and not deal with repercussions for a month due to how I manage my bills. Usually if I let my addiction control me for the first fortnight I'm better in the second because the money I would normally spend on shopping gets thrown on the things I had to ignore. The worst part of it is when emergencies happen I'm always short and not ready for them.

>> No.10566943

I think I had a shopping addiction.
I got it under control because of limited physical space to store things. I was jamming dresses into 2 closets. I used to get enjoyment looking at my pretty things, but I had reached a point where the overstuffed look wasn't cute anymore and I felt guilty. Things lost that "special" feeling you get when you had to save up for it.
Having to move twice helped. It was a pain in the ass to move that amount of stuff. Then covid rolled around and I wasn't able to wear most of it out as much.

I still have to be really careful. It's so easy to accumulate unnecessary stuff with only a few button clicks.

How much do you spend each month? 100-300 now to fill the gaps so that I can actually coordinate stuff
What was your last purchase? A solid color AP JSK for sale cheap on LM that matches a lot of stuff I already own
What do you regret buying? CTP before the re-release. I don't like it enough to keep but would lose a lot selling it.
How do you manage your addiction with limited income? I make really good money and manage my finances well. Back when I was making less, I would sell stuff off and buy cheaper things or utilize credit and statement periods to my advantage

>> No.10567062

>>10565746
I don't know if it's best to post here or in the feels treat but wanna share.

Used to be a few hundered a month. Often loose count, I just check what I can still pay out of my bank account, or buy on "order now pay afterwards" credit a week or so before money comes in. Especially since covid started.

For the longest time I made sure I had everything for my dog (because my dog goes before anything even bills. My dog is healthy and short of nothing, and if he would get sick I find money for bills one way or another), pay bills/living essentials, leave a bit money for food and spend the rest. I've been using bills that will be transfered to next month if payment fails as a buffer. Never got trouble where I couldn't pay for something that was really needed this way, got really good at moving money around. No one knows and I make sure my house is clean and nice as I always felt a strong need to keep face, to the outside world I look like I'm doing great. Which I would if I wouldn't buy as much, as I have a good income, just also a spending problem.

Recently I've been thinking I want a 2nd dog and being at home all day (and my boss being fine leaving little moments to do stuff at home) makes the perfect moment to train a pup, and suddenly I felt strongly I need to get my shit together. If worst tragedy happens, I can't afford two sick dogs right now even with moving money around/not paying bills. If that worse case happens I don't want 1 to suffer. Figured the months it would take to get financially healthy again would also be a good time to overthink.

Ever since I haven't been wanting to buy a thing and feel distant from any shopping place. When I look at stores I feel indifferent towards anything, so I only buy essential stuff. Kinda feel like I'm broken as I have used shopping for a long time to cope with issues. I feel weird. But I guess it's for the better.

>> No.10567063

>>10566205
>coach, louis vuitton
Those are two very different levels anon. For those who can buy bags from the later new, the first is cheap.

>> No.10567064

>>10565888
>Depends if I want anything that month but on average maybe ~ $200-$500
>why are u in the shopping addiction thread if you only spend that much tho
NAYRT but not everyone is rich. For many people that's quite some money to spend on a hobby each month.

>> No.10567072

>>10567063
that's because she's larping.

>> No.10567074

>>10567062
>my dog goes before anything
>want a 2nd dog
Not really trying to target the anon I'm replying to, but this reminded me that I love animals... but I'll probably never own a pet.
I'm painfully aware of how selfishly I use my money and spending it on an optional animal would be like pulling teeth for me. Maybe at some other time in my life when lolita is a wasteland of ripped JSKs and holey socks. But right now I just get too much joy (or that "shopper's high") out of spending money on cute stuff for myself. I don't really understand how 20-29 year-olds have pets because they are a huge money sink. My childhood was filled with a lot of animals, so maybe I just know too well the expense.

>> No.10567108

>>10566435
Please do direct me to a different resource where I can buy Bodyline rhs, Antaina shoes, A&A petticoats and Monkeep wigs brand new

>> No.10567138

>>10567064
wouldn't it make more sense to the % of income we spend rather than just a number?

>> No.10567148

>>10567074
>pets are a huge money sink
This is exactly why I wanna fix my spending issues first. Buying food and other regular costs for a second dog isn't an issue. But while I can find the money for one dog, vet bills etc are another story if it would happen for 2 dogs at once. I always feel so upset about pets that get no proper care, get left behind, gotten rid of, or even get euthanased just because the owner didn't realise the work or money that comes with them, or simply doesn't want to pay or is too lazy to do the work. Having pets is fun but also a huge responsibility. It's a living being, not a toy.

I grew up with pets all my live to. I'm in the 20-29 years old range to but got midclass income and live alone. In my home country that's a rather common situation so I'm not to weirded out about people that age having pets. More about how much people living in filthy houses or are "can barely make it till the end of the month and am screwed by a large unexpected bills" poor (Altrough these people also tend to be great at getting into expensive hobbies just to either get mad at the cost or do it badly and get mad at the community for "gatekeeping" and "bullying"). My guess is that it's a combination of not realising the cost as well as people being irresponsible and caring more for them wanting a pet than they care for the pets well being.

Much rather see someone like you, honestly saying that while they love pets they wouldn't want one because they don't want to spend money on them they could otherwise spend on fun. Kudos to you anon.

>> No.10567153

>>10567138
You'll get similar issues. Even if lower income people generally have lower living cost (lower rent, buy cheaper food, etc), the poorer people are the higher the percentage that goes to paying your bills and groceries. For example 10% of their monthly income going to hobbies is much more of their desposable income for a lower-middle class person that for an upper-middle class person. For the poorest people 10% of their income might even mean living on the cheapest food ever and paying bills late. But for the richests 10% means nothing.

>> No.10567243

>>10567072
not really? If you don't pay attention to western fashion then brand names are just names. Normies aren't going to know the difference between Baby and some taobao store, they would both just be "lolita" as coach and LV are just both "brand names"

>> No.10567247

>>10567243
normie fashion is extremely marketed though, so you're a moron if you don't know.

>> No.10567248

>>10566865
I bought NWT sugary carnival socks on frill for $100, RIP my wallet.

>> No.10567257

>>10567248
I paid ~$90 for Toy Fantasy socks, I share your pain

>> No.10567262

>>10567108
why buy bodyline when you could buy vw, poorfag

>> No.10567321

>>10567247
Where is it marketed, though? Because I didn't know either. Personally, I had confused LV with D&B because they both have that two-letter serif font logo. I recognize Coach because it was popular when I was in high school, but I couldn't tell you what one of their purses costs because the only thing I've bought from them was a pair of sneakers, and that was over a decade ago.

>> No.10567329

>>10567247
>>10567321
I didn't know either. I never have and still don't pay attention to western designer stuff, I had assumed they'd both be the same

>> No.10567343

>>10567148
DO NOT BUY ANOTHER DOG
Especially with covid times and you barely having enough for your dog to go to the vet.
You might be out of a job tomorrow and then would have to give up the dog, or have to move n most places only allow 1 dog.
Save for a year and then reevaluate your situation.

>> No.10567428
File: 507 KB, 2048x1536, 5C175B2A-A132-4A39-BC7B-F82C88800586.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10567257
I'm glad we have each other anon, in this clown world where we pay $90+ for old socks haha.

>> No.10567478

>>10567343
Calm down, you're either misreading or misunderstanding. I'm doing exactly that...

I said I'm saving up and getting my finances in check and use the time that takes to think it trough exactly because I need to be able to pay unexpected bills for both dogs if that happens.

My income is stable and could pay for a second dog easily enough, if it where not for me just spending way too much. I would have money for multiple dogs including unexpected bills if not for my shopping addiction, hence me wanting to get out of that shit first. The whole point of the post was that I'm suddenly super motivated to say fuck you to my shopping addiction and get financially healthy so I can get another dog after I finish doing so. Not that I'm gonna buy a dog now.

Also, in my country it's hard to fire people with no reason, and I work in a market with more jobs than people and that's, despite covid, only growing. So unless I start stealing from the company or so the the law here makes it impossible that I'm unexpected without a job tomorrow and unlikely I can't find a new job if I'm let go normally (which gives me lots of paid time to find a new job in a market where good employees are very wanted and hard to get). Next to that, places here never have a 1 dog rule, at least not that I saw. Either no pets or as many as you can keep without causing issues, and finding a pet friendly home isn't that hard if need be where I live anyways. But I'm living rather stable in my current home as well, which is huge for one person, so it's unlikely I'll need to move soon.

You sound like you come from a very shitty place when it comes to employee rights or from an industry that's hit hard by covid anon. I feel sorry if that's the case.

>> No.10567528

>>10567478
Even if your place allows multiple pets you should think about the ethics first: Is your home is large enough to accommodate multiple dogs? Do they have their own space? Do you have a yard or a garden where they can play?

There are no sadder creatures than dogs who are bound to a small flat and only leave the home once or twice a day for a 10 min walk. If you want an indoor pet, get a cat instead.

>> No.10567538

>>10567528
As I said:
>But I'm living rather stable in my current home as well, which is huge for one person
Yes, I have space. I won't cramp a dog in a tiny apartment. I've got half a family house (the ground floor, around the size of a place for a small family with one child) for me alone. There is another door on the other side of the house to the stairs which is from my upper neighbours, so that's completely separated.

Space and such isn't an issue ethically. I'm actually quite caring about my pets when it comes to ethics. Just money is an issue due to me buying too much, which is why I want to fix that before getting another pet.

I really just wanted to share my suddence change that for once gave me motivation to get rid of my (unhealthy) shopping addiction, which nothing did before. But I guess the reactions make sense with how many people do get dogs when they don't have the space, time and/or money for them.

>> No.10567641
File: 75 KB, 482x427, withered.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10565746
I have spent over $500 on makeup in the past 3 months

>> No.10567664

>>10567074
I don't think people really think it through like that. I grew up with a lot of animals but it's because my family was poor and didn't do the math beyond the first bag of food and acquiring the animal. Lots of poor people hoard pets.
I love my cat but I've easily spent $10k on her over the years, it's clearly not something I thought through as a poor college kid

>> No.10567695

>>10567641

Man I used to spend so much money on makeup but then I reached a saturation point. I guess it's because I only ever do pink or red makeup. Hope you get there anon, once youre done with your makeup phase it really frees up money for lolita kek.

>> No.10567711

>>10567641
ngl thats pathetic

>> No.10567715

>>10567641
That really is not a lot of money for a 3 month time span. Turns out to be about $165 per month which if you’re buying decent stuff equals about three or four items.

>> No.10567733

>>10567262
Because VW rhs are uncomfortable, heavy and make your feet look huge with those pointed toe boxes. Cope harder, I can afford to buy them if I actually wanted to own them.

>> No.10567736

>>10567641
are you only just now getting into nice makeup? if so that'd be understandable

but desu i feel like you reach a certain point where you can only have so much eyeshadow, and i'm far past that. buying a new palette does feel exciting, though.

>> No.10567744

My last big order was in June and I paid something like 200 dollars, AMA. I did buy makeup recently though.

>> No.10567746

Buncha consoomers in here

>> No.10567747

>>10567746
poorfag mad

>> No.10567765

>>10567744
You’re very poor if you consider $200 a big haul

>> No.10567775

>>10567765
>You’re very poor
My bf isn't but I guess I am. Still makes every purchase exciting and while I own less than 10 dresses I try my best to improve my current coords.

>> No.10567795

>>10567747
Typical poorfag cope
>You don't want to buy a bunch of branded garbage? You must be poor!

>> No.10568089

>>10567695
I used to be like that too, back when make up blogs were popular.
Then one day I realized that there really is no way to ever use all that make up, so these days I only invest in high quality pallets and brushes instead of buying cheap shit.

>> No.10568143

>>10568089

Yeah, the makeup hype was real and in hindsight really disgustingly consumerist. I try to focus on skincare these days, but even there, sometimes simpler is better so my routine has become kind of cheap but it's simple ingredients that my face likes that the best.

>> No.10568247
File: 40 KB, 478x480, autism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10567641
>mfw autistic and makeup gives me mega ~sensory issues~ and have avoided that pandoras box entirely
feels good

>spent £100s on plush unicorns instead
feels bad

>> No.10570044

>>10567695
>>10567736
Yeah, never worn makeup in my life so I'm trying to figure out what products I like. Hard to gauge what you really need when you're starting out but I think I have enough for a while. Might make some small purchases in the future but I don't think I really need to fill my cart all the way up with tons of new shit anymore.
Wish I got into it sooner honestly.