[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 265 KB, 1080x1080, 83145212_253711062631702_4296932186167759141_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10404452 No.10404452[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Since the thread is gonna get derailed anyways why won't they just punish the policemen who killed George Floyd? It really seems like quick bloodless decision to get the society back to norm.

>> No.10404454

>>10404452
He’s been charged. We have the right to a fair trial. You can’t just go around punishing people withtout a trial. That’s something only mindless retards can’t understand

>> No.10404456

>>10404452
where are these from?

>> No.10404457

>>10404454
I'm not american, so my vision is shallow. Do people protest to get him into the court instead of jail directly? I don't get it.

>> No.10404458 [DELETED] 

>>10404456
itsracheldarling on insta did those, but I'm not sure if those comes for sail.

>> No.10404459

>>10404454
A lot of these people raging on Twitter have no fucking idea of the legal process or what they even want at this point.
I saw a tweet where somebody encouraged protesters to bring snacks and bottles of water, like they were going to a con or hiking. This is some bizarre shit.

>> No.10404460

>>10404456
itsracheldarling on insta did those, but I'm not sure if they come for sail.

>> No.10404463

>>10404459
They obviously have no idea of the legal proceedings. I see people DEMANDING he be charged with first degree murder because third degree isn’t “good enough.” What these retards don’t realize is that if he’s charged with first he’ll almost certainly be found not guilty. Third degree, which is basically manslaughter, is highly likely to get a conviction in this case though.

But no, that’s not good enough! Gotta go all the way

>> No.10404464

I'm really close to just deleting everyone that posts "dear white people" stuff while being white. I'm so sick of this shit.

>> No.10404465

>>10404464
I’m right there with you, but I’m going to wait a while so people don’t link those posts with my reason for unfollowing so i dont get accused of racism. I’m not racist and obviously the officer should get prison time for third degree but I can’t stand people who spam this shit on social media to virtue signal

>> No.10404467

>>10404457
There’s been a ton of instances where the police don’t even get charged, just fired at the most. It’s actually surprising that he was charged

>> No.10404468

>>10404467
Not only that, but the amount of time it took for him to get charged is unprecedented. But it’s not good enough yet again because people aren’t actually mad at what happened. They’re mad because they want an excuse to rage

>> No.10404469

>>10404463
Yeah, I’m annoyed because I’m happy they are charging him with something he can get convicted for. If he doesn’t THEN I’ll be pissed. Im unfortunately from a city where this >>10404467
shit happens so I’m at least pleased they at least tried something

>> No.10404471

>>10404459
Why do you think bringing snacks and bottled water to a protest doesn't make sense? You're gonna be standing outside in the hot sun for hours, and many restaurants are closed due to the pandemic (or boarded up due to the danger of being destroyed by rioters), so it makes sense to have food and drinks on hand.

>> No.10404472

>>10404468
Literally all I want is for police to be held accountable and not be able to get away with literal murder because they are coworkers with the prosecution. Apparently that’s not enough for woke twitter though. God I would kill for our local police brutality cases to result in a conviction

>> No.10404473

>>10404471
Yeah honestly if you don’t you are a moron.

>> No.10404474

Everything is pointless.
Quarantine has put me in the mindset of a long summer vacation without friends. Luckily my part time job is still active, so I've had a reason to leave the house. When I'm there I keep up appearances, and playing along makes me feel alive.
The problem is that university doesn't feel real. In the beginning I put my all into it, but since the last part of my courses kicked off I've done... Nothing. I've let weeks pass by doing nothing but things I enjoy. The final exam says "write a short essay comparing two things you've read in this past course" but I got nothing. I haven't read a single thing Absolutely nothing, it feels so pointless.

For the first time my coord post on Instagram got over a hundred likes. I thought I was looking forward to. Now it's just something to take note of, but not something to celebrate. Even dressing up feels pointless.

How are your feels /cgl/?

>> No.10404475

>>10404471
You’re not going to be sitting down and having snacks.

>> No.10404476

>>10404471
I hope you get the Rona

>> No.10404478

>>10404473
>Going to a protest where people are getting shot, arrested, and brutalized
>Your number one concern is that you have snacky snacks

You’re not taking this shit seriously, it’s like people can’t discern the difference between memes and real life anymore.

>> No.10404481

>>10404474
How do you feel about the things you've been doing that you enjoy?

I feel similarly. I've been working from from for over two months now. There first month, it went ok. This latest month I do almost nothing. It feels too pointless. I don't know why I'm doing any of the things I'm doing anymore. And I can't make myself do much more than the bare minimum.

I'm starting to thinking about taking some time off from work to focus on my interests and something else to do with my life. It's probably just ennui from being cooped up with mainly my thoughts.

>> No.10404482

>>10404478
You do realize you can bring water AND a gas mask right? Fuck water is your best bet for safely rinsing our tear gas anyway. Also passing out helps no one. Like on the long list of virtue signaling bullshit you are mad people are posting about having common sense? Maybe you need a a snack

>> No.10404485

>>10404474
I laid in bed for two hours last night wondering how inconvenient it would be to kill myself and then played some vidya, so not great. Feel a little better but yeah, really feeling the ‘everything is chaos and pointless’ rn

>> No.10404491

I'm white and America. All my lolita friends are posting about George Floyd. I'm not. I'm being silent and that might alarm my friends because I'm not participating. Do I have to take a stance? Is it ok to be quiet?

>> No.10404494

>>10404491
Like their posts

>> No.10404497

>>10404491
No fuck them. They're virtue signaling pieces of shit. Don't feel pressured to go along with their bullshit.

>> No.10404499
File: 570 KB, 209x209, 1452402534923.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10404482
>Maybe you need a a snack
Good one

>> No.10404500

>>10404491
Don’t let these retards drag you down to their level. It is fine to not be vocal about this. You do not have to participate.

>> No.10404501

>>10404497

It's okay to not say anything if you don't want to, but you can't assume everyone posting is a piece of shit.

It depends on the post and they at actually really care and feel like shading is the best they can do to help if they're not someone who can donate or who feels comfortable going to protests, etc.

If anon doesn't feel comfortable posting they don't have to post. If their friends judge them for it, so be it.

>> No.10404503

>>10404501

*may actually care, *feel like sharing

Sorry, phoneposting

>> No.10404504

>>10404491
They aren’t really your friends if they drag you into this when you don’t want to be. People process things like that differently, it doesn’t mean you’re a bad person if you do not want to hop on the social media train with this. THEY on the other hand ARE bad people if they pressure you about this

>> No.10404513

>>10404501
I'm mad because I hate leftist politics. Doesn't anybody notice that the cities where people are rioting over corrupt police are mainly left leaning cities? Why is the solution more left wing leaders and policies? Minneapolis has a Democrat mayor and has for decades.
Left wing politics are destroying these cities. And the people posting these things on social media support it, saying we just need more. It's delusional. Now protestors are literally burning down cities and people openly support it? Fuck them.

>> No.10404515

>>10404513
The indoctrination is strong with this one. Imagine being this myopic.

>> No.10404516

>>10404504
This is correct

>>10404513
Congrats, go campaign on insta about it. Would love to heard your ideas for positive change

>> No.10404517

>>10404513

The problems in America are more complex than being left or right and both parties have leaders who have done things in their personal lives and political careers that are selfish, money hungry, or downright damaging to this country or the places where they have jurisdiction. It's not a question of which side is evil, but of which people on either side need to be replaced with ones who both actually care about the communities they are being paid to and claim to be passionate about representing and protecting, and take the time to develop thought out solutions that actually help whatever problems need resolving rather than just making empty promises and blaming their opposition for why they can't fix things.

It's more than just leftist politics leading to these issues. It's a result of a lack of government support in the appropriate areas over a long enough time to develop the right attitudes and consideration and support for each other that would be neccesary for any serious recovery of peace and social relations in general.

I'm not a politician nor do I claim to know the answers, and I understand why you're upset, but it's a lot more than just leftist politics or politicians that are the problem.

>> No.10404518

>>10404515
>Louisville also has protests
>going to ignore that Louisville has basically been torn to shreds by terrible conservative state legislation and school destruction policies
Could it be... that American politics in general is shit and it’s not just duh leftists? No that’s impossible

(/s because I’ve seen a lot of misinterpreted sarcasm recently)

>> No.10404520

I’m genuinely horrified for the safety of my mother and stepfather who live near a police station in a major liberal city with protests going on right now, not to mention myself as someone with a major health issue and the inevitable spike in covid that will follow after these “protests”

>> No.10404521
File: 97 KB, 564x800, 9cda2e91f1fc20d3b0edb0583597fbe7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10404474
>>10404481
>>10404485
>everything is pointless
Well yeah, to a certain degree. That's why you define the point yourself, for yourself. What's important to you, your values, what you desire. And if you don't have any of that developed, somehow, then you take it upon yourself to discover those things. It's like, if the world was a fucking utopia, what would you actually do with yourself and why?

And if your thoughts are overwhelming you, you can try shit like meditation too. Less spiritualism, and more simply trying to focus your state of mind and exert control over your thoughts.

I'm just dissapointed with the state of things myself, as I'm sure everyone else is. I only started attending conventions last year and it was amazing. I didn't do everything I had wanted, but I learned a lot, and was prepared to be more outgoing and seize more social opportunities. Now there's not a convention or concert in sight, and I just feel the time slipping away right as I was getting into the groove and learning how to be more social.

>> No.10404522

>>10404474
>How are your feels /cgl/?
I'm eyeing some wishlist item on sale rn. I won't be able to grab until Monday, so fingers crossed it's still here.
Although sometimes I feel like that's one dumb ass novelty I shouldn't splurge on during pandemic or even any other time. Idk, turns out finding the stuff on sale takes so much time it's enough to lose one's heart about it.

>> No.10404525

>>10404521
So yeah, I did put in work to define myself and my morals but many of the biggest pillars of my life we’re just ripped down and I don’t have a lot of hope they will come back soon, or worst case scenario ever. Like “no mass gatherings for the next several years” does fuck over a lot of people in meaningful ways. Entire industries, hobbies and communities are SOL. Hard to move on from that, you know?

>> No.10404532

>>10404521
I'm 30 and I've felt this way for a long time. I wasn't even 20 when I started thinking that everything is pointless and I needed to find meaning for myself. But after all this time things have only improved a little. I care about my partner and my cat and that's about it.

>> No.10404536

deleted instagram since my whole feed turned into politics over the span of few dahs.
why do lolitas feel the need to mix their fashion page and their political takes in one account? at least make a spam account. i followed for dresses, not for hashtag activism. fuck off.

>> No.10404544

ive been depressed, (thanks quarantine for making it worse)
I have no friends who keep in regular contact (i go to meets at my local comm, theyre all amazing and lovely, but i cant seem to make any close friends, its not them, its me, i dont want to be annoying and desperate)
I'm coming to the realisation that I really like girls, and its making me second guess my male partner, which is making me more depressed and feel extremely guilty, i cant meet up with him to talk about it because of lockdown
I dont have any friends really, so even when this is over i cant really go to conventions and have much fun, we all know people who go on their own dont have as much fun and the people that 'adopt' them dont really want to befriend them, they just feel sorry for them
i dont know what to do to be honest.. even when i moved from home for a bit while I was at uni and went to a different comms meets I tried my best to be talkative and make friends but none of them really seemed to want to talk to me at all, i felt so out of place
i feel out of place everywhere. I just really want some friends who like the stuff I do.. im so fucking lonely all the time

>> No.10404548

>>10404536

Concern over police brutality isn't 'spam' and they probably kept it on their account because they care and want to present the thing they're discussing to the widest audience.

Plus you're not obligated to follow them and if you want to maintain your aesthetic or whatever then consume some shoujo manga or watch lolita specific YouTube vids or search lolita tags? I'm black and even I get overwhelmed seeing non black lolitas posting about it and I sometimes question their authenticity because it is super stressful and I see it everywhere else so I specifically seek out non stressful or non political content if I need to get away from that rather than aimlessly browsing and risking coming across it.

Not saying you have to like what they post but how hard is it to just look for specific content rather than complain about people using their personal account to post about what they personally want to support?