[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 460 KB, 547x477, 1578349131020.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10317955 No.10317955 [Reply] [Original]

How do you feel about the topic of fitness relating to cosplay?
Have you ever lost/gained weight for cosplay?
Do cosplayers have an obligation to be relatively fit?

>> No.10317965

Yes. Used to be 325 pounds many years ago. I now hover around 190 and part of that was for cosplay.

>> No.10317982

I don't think everyone has to 100% match the body type and look of the character they're cosplaying (cause most characters have unrealistic bodies to begin with). But personally, right now, I'm on a diet and exercise schedule and one of the reasons to look better in my cosplays. I wasn't overweight or anything to start with, but its a form fitting cosplay and yeah I do think I'd prefer having a flat stomach for it hah

>> No.10317990
File: 573 KB, 1077x1967, Venom Snake1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10317955
If you want to do it, I think it's nice. I entered the gym to gain some muscle to last year to do my first cosplay. I only had 3 months but I managed to gain 5,5 kg and look close to the character. It wasn't "necessary" but it did look better!

>> No.10317994

>>10317955
My favorite con is in the winter, so I drop a ton of weight when everyone else is feasting during the holiday season. I crossplay most often, so I almost always cut / do some sort of body recomposition.

I have a full workout schedule two months of each major con. I also do keto for a few weeks right before.

Used to be 240 lbs., I'm now 165 lbs. & I'd be lying if I said crossplaying didn't play a role in my motivation. A corset just fits better when your stomach is flat.

An obligation to being fit? Nah. Just an obligation to being comfortable in your own skin & fitting in the cosplay you spent time/money on.

>> No.10318006

>>10317955
I weight lift purposely to cosplay as beefcakes. It's always great to mog sloppy nerds, but I do feel like a chump knowing that most of the costume comes from my body instead of technical skill or material.

>> No.10318017

I feel that /fit/ threads need to stay the fuck in /fit/

>> No.10318023

>>10318017
t. Fatass

>> No.10318029

>>10317955
>Do cosplayers have an obligation to be relatively fit?
Cosplayers are just people playing dress up

>> No.10318030

>>10318023
It literally says in the rules that /fit/ discussions are prohibited here so, idk man.

>> No.10318032

>>10318030
>weightloss threads must be kept in /fit/
This isnt a weightloss thread. It's a general discussion about the topic of fitness relating to cosplay.

>> No.10318043

>>10317955
No one hás the obligation to be fit. And no, I took care to choose characters that had the same height / body type I have, which is pretty easy considering the generic way they draw girls on games / anime.

>> No.10318045

I have a con coming up in February that I've lost a significant amount of weight for. I went from 135 lbs at 5'7 to 109 lbs this morning.

>> No.10318046
File: 202 KB, 1080x1350, 1576603848991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10318047
File: 91 KB, 750x917, 1576603683863.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10318052
File: 709 KB, 595x744, 1576587383646.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10318053
File: 699 KB, 593x744, 1576587424303.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10318138
File: 788 KB, 841x1459, 1559089916135.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10317955
while I would love a calm and reasoned discussion on this topic we all know that won't happen on this board because the salinity levels are such that we can't have nice things.

>> No.10318325

I like to approach it the way actors approach roles. If there's a character I'm dying to cosplay but we don't have the same body type, I'm willing to build muscle or lose weight to fit that type and fake the rest with shapewear and padding. I'm not willing to get fat for a cosplay though

>> No.10318622
File: 118 KB, 700x700, costume991_14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This might come off as gloating, but I lost ~35lb last year through dieting and am getting back into cosplay for the first time since I was 18 (I'm almost 24 now). I'm way better at makeup than I was then and I'm just excited to see how much better I'll feel/look in my cosplay. I bought a maid costume to start off with that was smaller than the last one I bought years ago and I can already see how much cuter/sexier I appear and although it's superficial it made me feel really good! At the end of the day cosplay is really just dressing up as a cartoon character and having fun, but if getting fit/losing weight helps with achieving that experience then by all means!

>> No.10318729
File: 42 KB, 480x542, sweat teddy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10318046
>>10318047
>>10318052
>>10318053

>> No.10318731

>>10318622
I'm so excited for you anon! I'm in the middle of losing weight for cosplay myself, so I hope to be in your shoes 6mo from now.
It's okay to feel happy about superficial beauty as long as it doesnt rule your life. You sound like you have a good handle on things and i hope this year is one of the best yet for you!

>> No.10319019

>>10318045
How did you do it? I'm the same height trying to get to 105 for cosplay purposes and I've stalled hard around 120 pounds. I don't want to fall into ana bullshit but it's literally been months.

>> No.10319036

>>10318045
How on earth did you get that low and are you able to keep it there? I'm at 125 at the same height but I want to lose 10 without going ana chan. I eat pretty healthily and definitely don't go over 1500 calories a day but I seem to be stuck at this weight (the heaviest I've been).

>> No.10319037

>>10318046
>>10318047
>>10318052
>>10318053
Every time I see this girl's pics make the rounds on twitter it drives me up the wall how people don't see how photoshopped they are. Not saying the girl isn't buff, but she definitely exaggerates it in post, and shoops her face a lot too.

>> No.10319091

My weight has been a fucking roller coaster the past year and a half or so.
>lost 20 lbs by the end of 2018
>go to psychiatrist because I’m spending fucking hours in bed on my days off from work just watching random Facebook videos one after the other
>tell psych that I have a history of EDs and gaining weight is a big trigger
>“cool no prob here’s a new med you can have samples of. No weight gain in the trials”
>gain all of that 20 lbs back in six months plus med is expensive
>go on different med, helps with appetite and depression, nice
>go vegan, start losing weight again, lose about ten lbs
>October 2019 new obgyn refuses to prescribe the BC I’ve been on (and like) because I mentioned I’d had a migraine
>New BC has no estrogen and can’t get a psychiatrist near campus, depression starts coming back, gain like 7 lbs
>get PCP to prescribe previous BC
>feeling normal again finally
I’ve gotten back on my daily yoga routine and will be hitting the gym as soon as I’m back on campus. I want to lose about 20 more lbs til I’m back at the weight I prefer.
>inb4 “meds don’t make you gain weight, they just increase cravings”
Yeah I get it but there were times my stomach was growling all the fucking time. I was so hungry, nonstop, and it’s only because I had some slight semblance of control that I only gained back that weight and didn’t completely balloon out of control.

>> No.10319095

I'm 5'2" and after a really stressful semester I've been stuck at the 119-120 lb range. Want to get back into cosplaying but feeling a little shitty, have been running 4 times a week and eating pretty healthy with no luck. Don't want to go full anachan though and keep it reasonable, hoping to get back down to at least the 113-114 range

>> No.10319246

>>10319036
>>10319019
Full disclosure: I was underweight most of my life. 135 is the heaviest I ever was and it's because I was eating too much shit in college. I'm also on two different prescription meds that have the side effect of reducing my appetite (concerta and wellbutrin).
I also know 109 is underweight for a woman of my height, but this is a cosplay I have spent a lot of time and money on so I figured I needed to commit all the way even though the way I lost weight was unhealthy. My character is a crackhead type and getting the bony, sunken face look was important which is why I lost so much. My current weight and caloric intake isn't sustainable and I plan to gain back my weight as muscle after I execute this cosplay (the con is in about a month). My steps to lose the weight went as follows:
1. Reduce carb/sugar intake. I basically did keto for a month and a half
2. Practice intermittent fasting/eating windows and lift weights while fasting. My window is 11am-7pm.
3. Start cutting down calorie intake. I went from not counting calories to 1500 (break even point), to 1000, and finally to 500 or less per day (yes this is dangerously low). After a while of limiting your intake, you aren't as hungry
4. Use caffeine and pseudoephedrine as appetite suppressants if needed. I drink a lot of green tea and sparkling water.
5. If my weight plateaus because my metabolism has gotten too low, I jump back up to about 1300 calories a day to break it

>> No.10319259

I'm 5'4" and used to be almost 300 lbs. I'm super into craftsmanship and always have been, making everything from scratch. But depression due to me hating how I looked/felt every day made me want to change. I'm at 170 now with plenty more to lose. It's been life changing seeing not only my physical and mental health improve, but my craftsmanship skills as well. I'm so much more confident, happy, and dedicated to my goals, whether it's cosplay or anything else I want to pursue. I get excited to see photos taken of me at cons now, rather than embarrassed.

>> No.10319942

>>10319095
Anon 80% of it is calories in calories out. It doesn't matter what you eat as long as you stay in a calorie deficit. I got to a lower weight than you did at a taller height without exercising

>> No.10319965

I'm pretty scrawny at 110 lbs but I'd like to start working out to get more toned. I used to have these body positive friends thatd make fun of me for being too skinny.

>> No.10319976

Hey /fit/ is it bad that I'm 6'4" 140 lbs?

>> No.10320062

I'm 5'2" and it's been a minute since I weighed myself but last time I was around 170, pretty sure I'm pushing 190 at this point though. I just started Camp Gladiator since the month is free and it's tiring but pretty motivational. The goal is to at least lose a couple inches since I'm just outside of burando maxes by a couple cms, but ideally I want to get back to my senior year body around 130-135. I struggle immensely with my arms and tummy though, which are pretty much the areas I'm most concerned about.

In regards to cosplay, I definitely don't think anyone has to look a certain way to cosplay but if you wanna better yourself or bulk up to do certain characters then why the heck not.

>> No.10322100

>>10317955
I don’t think cosplayers have an obligation to be relatively fit.

But I do think people in general have an obligation to not be fat, and that their weight is the public’s business.

Reason being: the public is paying for it, whether that’s through publicly funded healthcare or through insurance and premiums, other people are paying for the consequences.

In Aus, it’s like over $8 billion a year in public health costs for overweight people iirc.

>> No.10322274
File: 222 KB, 939x773, Screenshot_20200115-215400_YouTube.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10317955
>working on Spider-Man costume
>realize I have the body type of Peter B. Parker and not Ben Reilly
I mean it's not to late to change the costume, but it is a little defeating. Looks like I'm going to the gym I guess

>> No.10322342

Eating under 1500 calories a day has done wonders for me, so long as I'm not eating anything outrageously trashy I can eat pretty much whatever I want and still loose weight

>> No.10322352

>>10319976
Very, I used to be the same. I lmow you’re gonna say “but I eat a lot.” It’s your average calories over the whole week, the whole month, not your big meals.

When you sit at home on the weekend or days off and just eat a bucket of M&Ms, or chips you’re dragging your average calories back down.

You have to eat (and overeat a little) consistently, day by day.

>> No.10322452

>>10319965
>body positive friends
>made fun of me for being too skinny
That doesn’t sound very body positive of them.

>> No.10322454

I believe that it really loses its effect when the person doesn't have the body type of the person they're cosplaying as. I don't just mean chubby people cosplaying as skinny boobacious vixens, but even very slender skinny, frail-looking women cosplaying as badass fighters strikes me as very off.

>> No.10322455

>>10319942
>>10319095

don't listen to this, that's not even a little true. If you don't eat the right food you're going to be starving all the time even for the same amount of calories and then you'll hate yourself and break CICO.

I find that piling up on vegetables or stomach-filling low-calorie things like tea and using copious amounts of fats like butter or olive oil when cooking makes me feel full for much longer. A pack of ramen is 300 calories or something like that, but 30 minutes later you'll still be needing something to eat.
Stay away from sugar and use carbs sparingly.

Also your weight sounds fine for your height. Don't focus so much on your weight, rather focus on your appearance and/ or measurements. Light weight lifting or toning will make you look amazing and will stop you from being a slave to the scale.

Also the best advice I've ever been given is you can't use exercise to make CICO work, it is just too easy to eat your calories and isn't really sustainable. Getting used to a lower calorie diet is very doable if you do is slowly over time.

Also I don't see anyone mention it but I'm going to say it: FUCK intermittent fasting. I tried it once and I was perpetually angry and cranky and weak in the mornings, and it was absolutely not worth the mood changes just to prove I have #selfmastery. Don't give into the meme unless you think being a cunt to your coworkers and wanting to cry every morning or whatever is fun

>> No.10322456

>>10322455
why did I say also three times whatever you get what I was going for

>> No.10322473

>>10322455
No anon is right, it doesn’t matter what you eat as long as you maintain a calorie deficit. You don’t seem to understand that people are usually not being completely literal when they say that you can eat anything as long as you maintain a deficit, although it IS literally true (look up the professor who ate twinkies to lose weight). The anon you’re advising is already eating healthy, they know they should do that but the piece of the puzzle they’re missing is CICO. If they combine their healthy eating with limiting their intake they will have success. Anon is basically telling them they can eat how they are already, but they need to watch how much because what really matters when you want to lose is how much you eat.
I myself lost 65lbs with CICO alone. My diet varied from very healthy (similar to your example) to very unhealthy (think chips, ramen, and pizza) based on my mood and cravings, but I still lost weight because I learned self control and maintained a deficit despite what I ate. And I’ve been maintaining my post loss weight doing exactly the same. They key is learning how to weigh the value of feeling full verses eating something deliciously unhealthy, there are times when I want that ice cream and I can handle being a little hungry later by drinking some water or unsweetened tea. It’s about learning balance.

>> No.10322481

>>10322473
If you had the ability to lose 65 pounds then you were playing a totally different ballgame. When someone is already at a perfectly healthy weight, each additional pound is so incredibly hard to lose that every little tiny thing counts, and you need to take much more into consideration than just pure calories-based CICO.

What is your BMI if you don't mind me asking? Anon's is 21.9. That's in the realm of weight that's very difficult to keep losing.

Coincidentally, I had exactly the same BMI and I got down to 115 (which is fairly stable right now) by following some rules. I'm not anon so it might be different for them, but this is what I did:

- replace as many carbs as I could for veggies; for example, instead of having rice have sauteed grated cauliflower, or having spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles instead of flour noodles
- stop eating meat- I became a quasi pescatarian and eat lots of fish and tofu and meat substitutes and the like
- stop eating sugary anything- have a sweetish tea like bengal spice by celestial instead of dessert, if I'm craving something sugary I have a bowl of kids breakfast cereal, if I want a chocolately treat I have a square of expensive bougey dark chocolate or make a frozen banana with cocoa (nothing else needed!) smoothie, tastes exactly like a banana chocolate milkshake
- re-train your tastebuds so that fruit ends up tasting sweet again: get the expensive organic bullshit farmers market raspberries and strawberries because they actually taste good, sweeten unsweetened cereal with bananas, learn to crave the pure real taste of citruses, etc

All the above is great, but I think the thing that really did it for me losing weight was stopping eating out or getting fancy drinks. Like you have no idea what they put in their food/ drinks (hint: a lot of butter) and it's just so trivially easy to overeat when the "portion size" they give you is massive. When I do go out, I try to split a dish with someone.

>> No.10322500

>>10317955
Who cares. I do powerlifting and cosplay as female characters. Do u booboo

>> No.10322535

>>10322481
>When someone is already at a perfectly healthy weight, each additional pound is so incredibly hard to lose that every little tiny thing counts, and you need to take much more into consideration than just pure calories-based CICO.
You know I actually forgot that it’s harder lose when you’re already in the healthy range. I remember reading that on the weight loss forum I frequented while I was losing. To be fair, I don’t disagree with your advice, but it really is still CICO that you’re doing here.

- Replacing rice, which is roughly 200 calories per cup depending on which kind you eat, with cauliflower, spaghetti squash, or zucchini noodles is a major calorie reduction unless you’re eating massive portions.
- Meat is a huge source of calories since a lot of people have it at every meal. Chicken, turkey, and fish are lower calorie than beef. Non animal sources of protein are even lower calorie.
- Refined sugars are major source of empty calories, cutting them out is normal and reasonable advice for anyone who wants to lose weight. I’m so here for that dark chocolate advice, one square of a 60-80% cocoa dark chocolate bar destroys my cravings and the flavor is a million times better and more exciting than milk chocolate. It’s also a lot lower calorie.
- Great advice on the fruit. So many more nutrients than candy and once again the lower calorie option in most cases. I also recommend going for fruits that are in season, which is a bit tougher where I live since there are no seasonal winter fruits with how cold it gets. In that time, frozen fruits are the next best option.

I absolutely agree that not eating out is for the best, and either sharing or eating only half your meal are good ideas. Restaurant meals can be thousands of calories

In the end all I disagree with you on is the idea that all weight loss is fundamentally CICO; the way I see it your examples are advice on decreasing your caloric intake in a strategic and balanced way.

>> No.10322539

>>10322481
Also I ran out of space, but since you asked, my BMI is currently 22.

>> No.10322541

>>10322535
sorry I wasn't clear. CICO is technically correct, when I said your above post was wrong I was referring to the "eat whatever you want" aspect of it.

Absolutely decreasing calories dramatically is 80% of weight loss, in fact, I think it's probably even higher. I think I just see it less as a "this is all you need to do" and more of a "that's the very most basic truncation of what's actually going on, to the point of almost not being helpful".

>> No.10322573

>>10322541
I see, it seems we just interpret it differently. That’s what I was trying to get at when I said that people usually don’t mean it literally when they say you can eat anything as long you maintain a deficit.

It’s definitely pretty bare bones advice, but it’s still necessary for some since not everyone even starts out with that basic knowledge. I certainly didn’t, I started out thinking I just had to eat healthy food, then that I just had to quit eating animals, and while those did work initially it didn’t get me as low as I wanted to get, it didn’t even get me into the normal weight category. And I know a lot of bigger people who want to lose weight get there and see they’re not making progress who just give up. It took a while before I finally sifted through all misinformation around me and found the right information (CICO) to have the success I was looking for. Part of the reason I see it as “this is all you need to do” is that it really was that simple for me once I learned about it. Like the second I learned all I had to do was eat less it just clicked. There’s definitely more to it but for people who that isn’t just obvious to it’s a huge life changer.

Maybe it’s just different for people who already have healthy habits and lifestyles verses people who don’t have that foundation? My conclusion here is that the advice you offered anon is appropriate for their situation and that matters more than my nit picky disagreement. Thanks for taking the time to reply to me Anon!

>> No.10322576

>>10322573
nah you're right, I think I have like a "survivor's mentality" where what works now seems so obvious that I take it for granted that CICO is what's happening physiologically, and forget some people may not have had this crammed down their throat four hundred million times lol

I'm glad you came out of it successfully, though, and didn't give it. It's always nice to see success stories in the wild

>> No.10322577

>>10322576
*didn't give up

>> No.10322593

A year or so ago I went from around 24 BMI to around 20 BMI but reading this thread really makes me want to lose those last few extra kilos. It's getting so difficult at this point though, I'm short as well so eating just a tiny bit too much already makes a big difference. >>10322481 this advice is really good but I'm having the absolute most difficult time cutting down on bread because 1. it is the staple food for almost every meal here, just bread with stuff on it and 2. I fucking love bread, man, it's the tastiest shit on this earth. I've already cut out sugars almost entirely and I only drink water and tea. I guess I just never learned to find vegetables tasty. Obviously I eat them, but I always feel like I'd almost rather eat nothing at that point. Help me gulls, what did you do to lose that last bit of weight when you're already pretty skinny?

>> No.10322618

>>10322593
Just eat very little and your body starts going after the fat reserves. Go back to maintenance levels after losing the weight

>> No.10322988

>>10318043
>t. fat girl cope
Most anie girls are underweight

>> No.10323100

>>10322593
How much bread do you eat? Is it white bread or something else?

Also you gotta learn to love veggies! I used to hate them too and then I learned how to prepare them so I'll actually eat them and suddenly this whole world of freshness and flavor was opened up to me. Now if I don't get veggies often enough I crave them and it's kind of great!

This doesn't happen overnight though, so start by incorporating veggies into your meals in ways that are palatable, whether that's by drenching them in cheese or dipping them in ranch, and then slowly start phasing out the unhealthy bits over time. There are plenty of amazing resources out there on how to cook vegetables so they're actually appealing (hint, don't fucking steam or microwave them, whatever you do) and get the good quality vegetables.

>> No.10323219

I do a lot of martial arts and started cosplaying more fighting characters. I don't think it's obligatory for cosplayers to work out, but it does add an extra dimension to cosplay.
When I dressed as Chun-Li and people saw me warm up for video or photoshoots, they got so stoked to see me do proper kicks and stances. It's like people who can do actual basketball when they cosplay from that basketball anime. It just adds to the whole experience.
But it's never obligatory. Have fun and add into cosplay what you want and what you like.

>> No.10324035

>>10317965
Nice job anon

>> No.10324089

The first con I'm going to this year is about 3 months from now, and I want to lose 20lbs of fat by then. I've been losing about 1lb/week since I started my current diet. Is there any real hope for that I can do that & build some muscle without doing anything dangerous?

>> No.10324217

I starve myself the week before a con and walk around malnourished and in a fog because I am too weak to not drink sugary energy drinks in the office every morning.

>> No.10324223

>>10324089
It’s probably possible. Depends on how much overweight you are, if you are a fatty, it will be easier, if very close to normal weight already, it will be harder. Strict low carb or keto diet, 1200-1500 calories per day, 30+ minutes of daily cardio with a full body weight circuit 3x/week, no cheating.
There are unhealthy ways too, of course, but do not recommend.

>> No.10324226

>>10324089
I recommend not doing it in the mentally of "right before the con" because you'll easily give up. Give yourself a much stronger reason. And then do pretty much >>10324223
Also, the first 5-10lb are just water weight. Don't lose them and then think you're fine. You'll gain the weight right back.

>> No.10324288

>>10317955
>obligation
They have no obligation to do anything. It's a hobby, on their dime, not yours.
That said, I think making the effort to match one's body to the character is certainly commendable and a definite plus to the overall result, similar to actors who have made significant body changes in order to better portray the roles they are cast in.

>> No.10324302

I want to lose weight so badly. I was at 107 lbs a few years ago and I was so happy to be able to do cosplays that showed off my stomach and actually feel confident doing it. Buuuut then I quit my job and went back to college. I got really stressed out about classes and money, so over the past 2 years I put weight back on. Now I’m around my high school weight again and it feels bad

I just want cosplay cute gals with exposed midriff again T_T
If I can get over my stupid fucking anxiety, I’d like to start using the gym on campus. I think it could work out really well with my schedule next semester too. I just need to suck it up and force myself to go.

Also I’m interested in getting toned so if any of you anons have lifting advice please let me know

>> No.10324341

>>10324302
Get and stick to a decent diet. That’s 80% of it. As for gym, just start going. Any start is better than no start, so don’t put pressure on yourself to do more than just show up to the gym several times a week and once there, do any kind of reasonable circuit training workout and then any cardio.

>> No.10324363

>>10317955
I want to roid for a Violence Jack cosplay.

>> No.10324895
File: 537 KB, 1440x1703, pt2019_12_06_19_13_39_mh1575659774013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cosplay is great motivation for fitness imo. I'm trying to put on muscle for Polnareff right now and every time i'm tempted to skip the gym it keeps me on track.

>> No.10324978

I just started lifting and diet to get fit for cosplay, this thing is pretty cool. Few years ago i did some shitty cosplay and it was really fun.
But on my way to get into shape i decided to do some fatty cosplay (Bo' Rai Cho from Mortal Kombat X, i have similar body to him so why not) and i was never more motivated in my life like now. I hope it will works.

>> No.10330356

I'm 175 lbs and 22% bf, and just atarted exercising again after a year of being a complete piece of crap. If I want to have a 6 pack asap for a shirtless male cosplay (preferably by April, but more realistically by mid June) what is the best way to reach that goal?

>> No.10330368

>>10330356
Eat clean, if abs is really what you after

>> No.10331056

I'm at a loss on what to do, I currently weigh a massive 215lbs at a height of 5'10.

Growing up I was always slim but at 13 I suddenly thought "Bmi 20 is fat, must lose weight!" and turned ana. Starting from when I was 16 I gradually gained weight back again but it completely got out of control in university. At the beginning I still looked normal but now I'm downright fat. I'm so miserable, food is my only comfort and joy. I eat 4000-5000 calories every single day, nothing healthy at all. Doing sports seems to be doing nothing for me, I can still easily run for over an hour per day, it's my food addiction that I need to control. Throughout those years I already started diets over 100 times but I always fail, I just love eating and unhealthy food so much. I'm also constantly hungry, after like 3 hours my stomach always starts growling.
Sometimes I really feel like giving up. I was always shy but this turned me so insecure that it's affecting every single aspect in my life. It's already hard to feel pretty if you're so tall to begin with but if you aren't thin on top of that you just feel like a giant ogre.

>> No.10331086

>>10331056
Jeez anon, not to be a bitch but are you really at a loss on what to do when you know the way to fix it but don't have the resilience to do it? Seriously, it doesn't really take much, start slow, don't go straight to starving yourself, start eating 3900, then 3500 and slowly but surely you'll get back to eating normally.
Try to change the junk food you like for healthy alternatives, i used to have a serious sweet addiction so whenever i'd want candy i'd eat plums and now i get more cravings for plums than anything really. Swap out your unhealthy habits for healthier ones (doesn't even have to be the healthiest ones, just healthier than currently) and for the love of everything, don't go back to starving yourself, because you'll only enter a cicle of starving then binging.

>> No.10331090

>>10331086
Techically I of course know how to lose weight, I just can't stick to it for the love of god. I always start but fail within 1-3 days, because I can't stop thinking about food and the thought of not being able to it makes me genuinely sad, so I binge again. Even if I didn't even plan to do anything extreme, just eating normally is too much for me (or rather not enough).

>> No.10331095

>>10331056
I weigh about the same as you (200)but I have abs and look great. You can be heavy and look good

All you really have to do is workout hard if you want to eat like shit. I do high intensity cardio for 2 hours everday + lifting 4 days/week

>> No.10331101

>>10331095
I don't doubt that you look good, but I don't. I look sick and unnatural, my face started looking fat when I was still in the normal bmi range, so I'm clearly not one of those people who are meant to be heavier.

>> No.10331298

>>10331101
Look anon, if you're so absolutely disgusted by yourself then there's only one thing to do, lose weight, you are reliant and addicted to food, which is a relatively hard addiction to get rid of and one of the less known/researched, if i were you i'd look for psychological help (to try to get to the bottom of your reliance to food) while trying to change my eating habits.

>> No.10331782

>>10318053
Beautiful body

>> No.10331847
File: 199 KB, 600x1200, CTxvhL5UEAAmH8V.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Get this book.
The author talks about how he went from being really skinny in his teens to well built by college, he also talked about how he overcame his low point in life, where he gained a lot of weight via alcoholism
After going through 2 weeks of his workout, if you're self motivated, you'l be able to do 12 workouts in 1 hour (I am getting there now). He even speaks abut sweet substitutes like Low calorie ice cream, sugar free jello, and PB2 brand Powdered Peanut Butte (60 calories per 2 tablespoons) and how to properly eat on cheat day. I wasn't obese when I started in early January, but six weeks later and my body fat has lowered from nearly 17-20% to near 14%. It's a good book if you take it seriously. Remember, if you got work/class in the morning, go to a gym that's open at 5am, most recreational center open around then & are cheap

>> No.10333321

My problem is that i'm kinda skinnyfat, i never did any sport so i really am not knowledgable how to make my lower belly fat disappear, any tips?

>> No.10333323

>>10333321
Eat less move more.
Spot training is a myth and lower belly fat is usually the last thing to go

>> No.10333325

>>10331847
u can be healthy w/o being a cardiorexic amd hyper masculinity-obsessed.

these guys prey on inexperienced young men and their insecurities regarding their identity

>https://thesocietypages.org/discoveries/2020/01/22/masculinity-medium-rare/

>> No.10334613

I'm 197 lbs at 6'0" and I feel like a fucking tub of lard. How much weight do I need to lose to get okay shape again? 20 lbs?

>> No.10334769

>>10334613
Lift and do cardio 3-5x a week, eat a high protein low carb diet. You'll be fine.

>> No.10335124

>>10331847
That guy looks insane just from the cover

>> No.10335279
File: 408 KB, 1581x1570, IMG_20191219_065133~2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10322481
BMI is completely nonsense and should be taken with a grain of salt. You can't argue with CICO as the laws of Thermodynamics proves this. Trust me I dropped from 240-155lbs in the matter of 7 months for cosplay before from just eating far less calories that I consumed, simple as that. I was down to like 21 BMI and it was coming off just as easy as when I was at 30 plus, only reason I stopped was because I honestly didn't need to.
T. Someone who is at 31BMI and probably mogs 90% of this board

>> No.10335285

>>10335279
>BMI is completely nonsense
It's a good tool for most people. Obviously it falls apart for people with a lot of muscle because it doesn't distinguish between weight from fat vs muscle. And anon wasn't even arguing with CICO, they were just saying it's more complex than just telling people to eat less. You can eat like trash and lose weight, but eating like trash when you're trying to lose pounds from an already normal weight means that you will feel hungry more. Following anon's advice will help people actually stick to eating less and not relapse.

You need to stop being so nitpicky about irrelevant things just so you have an excuse to post yourself.

>> No.10335484

>>10335285
Idk much rather follow advice from an anon that post body and is fit than someone salty ana who has been told they were wrong multiple times

>> No.10335498

>>10335285
BMI doesn't distinguish between fat and muscle because of what it isn't necessary for it's intended use. It doesn't matter why the weight is there, it's still added pressure on the bodies systems. Weight is weight and after a certain marker one would be classified obese by the BMI.

>> No.10335512

I specifically started lifting in order to make my cosplay look better and I've had great results. I fell a hell of a lot more confident now and feel my cosplay is more accurate, I'm not interested in going full bodybuilder but I work hard to keep in shape.

>> No.10337559

>>10335512
>I fell a hell of a lot more confident now
This is the biggest reason why everyone should workout.

>> No.10337581

You should match the character you're cosplaying as to a reasonable amount.

Losing weight is simple. Just be consistent.

>> No.10337582

>>10317955
I think everyone should have an obligation to not be overweight. You're doing yourself a disservice otherwise.

>> No.10338734

>>10319246
Bad advice for anybody with a normal appetite, it's incredibly retarded to cut at over 50% and you're just making it too hard on yourself, you will likely break and loose muscle while you're at it which means you burn even less calories and means you will rebound
It's not a matter of willpower or anything, it's a matter of your body thinking it's starving
I don't know about the starvation mode idea but I do know when I was in that situation I was pretty fucking schizo mode cutting at 50%+
Human braind don't like starving

>> No.10342389

>>10319095
I feel you. I got stuck there at the same height after some big exams last year and I definitely think the stress and pressure I was putting on myself wasn't helping - once I started sleeping better and getting back into a wider variety of exercise rather than just one thing suddenly something clicked and the healthy eating started paying off. Look at doing bodyweight circuits and also fartleks/sprints, you can get quite efficient if your body is used to running at the same pace all the time and cross training is also good for you. The other thing that seems to shift weight for me is following triathlon training plans, as I'm a terribly inefficient swimmer despite lessons/coaching as a child, but that may not be possible if you don't have a nearby pool.

>> No.10342392

>>10342389
Also, if I'm working out that much I tend to follow the general nutritional guidelines from Dr Sims who is a female athlete-specific nutritionist who takes into account things like menstrual cycle when advising on when to push yourself training. Really helps with not demonising carbs and fuelling properly, as well as trying to push yourself more at certain times.

>> No.10342402

>>10337582
i think everyone should have an obligation to not be ugly, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone

>> No.10342482
File: 213 KB, 785x960, 1543072630959.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I get legs like these?

I'm the type to build muscles easily but I also need to workout so that I won't gain weight in general. What kind of exercises should I do/avoid? Nowadays I only do a bit of running somtimes (which I enjoy), but nevertheless my legs (especially my calves) are bulky. Should I stop? Do certain stretches or stuff like foam rollers or massages help? I only have that too-many-muscles problem on my legs, my waist and my arms are the exact opposite. Also, what to do food-wise? Less protein or...?
Serious advice please, don't say stuff like being "fit" is better, I simply wish to have very skinny legs, always wanted to.

>> No.10342499

>>10342482
Serious answer: get botox into your calves. It's pretty much impossible to reduce that muscle once it's there unless you're starving yourself. The girl pictured (mintkismet) takes stimulants for narcolepsy - which speeds up the metabolism and pretty much give you no appetite, and I don't think she's ever exercised seriously due to her health issues which is why she's skinnyfat with very little muscle.

>> No.10342519

>>10342482
>>10342499
Mana sama has legs like hers too and no illness

>> No.10342777

>>10342519
Mana is male, and also skinnyfat

>> No.10342798

>>10342777
Men usually have more muscles than women though?

>> No.10342880

>>10342798
Ok, for context: anon was asking how to turn muscular legs from exercise into skinny ones, with the context being that the person linked doesn't exercise and is particularly skinny for medical reasons, meaning it's unlikely she'll ever achieve that exact aesthetic if she already has muscle there without surgery, botox, radiofrequency ablation or starving herself. Mana is also skinny and has never had muscular calves that became skinny, assuming his legs aren't 100% shoop.

>> No.10343303

>>10342499
>>10342880
That's so depressing, guess I'm doomed with ugly legs til I die

>> No.10343372

>>10317955
>cosplay is for everyone
>healthy at any size
>abloo bloo bloo
normies are going to think you're a fat piece of shit whether you like it or not
>i'm cosplaying for me not for them
sure
sure you are
even the earliest cosplay in the 50's-70's was literally an "I'M THE BIGGEST FAN! ME!!!" attention whore grab

>> No.10346937

I think if a character's driving characteristic involves their body being a certain way you should try and mimic it.
I really want to do the new champ from LoL, Sett, but I'm gonna need another year before I even attempt because that boy is chiseled and I wouldn't dare disrespect him like that.

>> No.10348757

>>10343303
post legs

>> No.10348833

>>10343303
...or you could save up and get calf muscle reduction done....

>> No.10348834

>>10348833
This is the fitness and not the Get surgery! thread...

>> No.10349204

>>10342482
Do more arm and ab workouts and replace running with swimming/biking/martial arts, running is really calf-heavy so just cut back on it and you'll be good

>> No.10352944 [DELETED] 
File: 351 KB, 1440x1176, 1269508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

womanchildren who are to pussy to put in the work
die a fat sad dyke or become the godess

>> No.10353203

>>10349204
Worst advice ever. Cycling and martial arts will give you larger calves...just accept there's actually no way to REDUCE calf size with exercise, it requires the opposite.

>> No.10353206

yeah, been trying to go to the gym at my uni at least once or twice a week but i have a few long projects that are just getting in the way of working out

>> No.10353522

>>10353206
Workout faster

>> No.10353525
File: 87 KB, 960x752, two nooses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be me
>have good body proportions
>calves are huge, making me look short and chunky
I hate this. I don't want to get botox or muscle reduction surgery yet since I'm still in my early 20's, but I hate my calves so much.

>> No.10353549

>>10353206
HIIT.

>> No.10353695

>>10317955
I work out.
The aesthetics are an okay benefit, but the spare energy and extra drive to work on cosplay as a result of the working out eclipses that SO MUCH
You should work out regardless of whether you think body type matters for cosplay.

>> No.10355318
File: 152 KB, 610x504, D25C4544-A30A-4F03-BED8-EB5A50C1B207.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have tips for losing back fat? I’m skinny everywhere except I weirdly have rolls on my back. I tried lifting heavier weights and doing more reps over the past 3 months but I don’t see any difference.

>> No.10356005

>>10355318
Probably just do more back workouts like rows and deadlifts. Might need to lose more weight too.

>> No.10356329

>>10353525
Why not get the botox though? It isn't like there's an age limit on wanting to look nice, and if you don't like the results it wears off on a few months anyway

>> No.10356378

>>10356005
Rowing sounds like a good plan. I’m trying to maintain my current weight (98-100 lbs at 5’2”) because any skinnier and I’ll be an actual skelly.

>> No.10356579

My goal is to do a shirtless cosplay one day

>> No.10356644

>>10356579
Jaba the hutt doesn't wear a shirt, so there you go

>> No.10356742
File: 1.53 MB, 1863x2485, DakuCon2019.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Me on the left (little mac)

>> No.10357210

>>10356378
That's already practically skelly mode, but good luck.

>> No.10357315

>>10356742
Damn, you're pretty hot

>> No.10357817

>>10355318
Do you do lat pulldowns or wide pull-ups at all?

>> No.10357915

>>10355318
Ignore the other posters. /fit/ here, where you lose fat is genetics, you can build muscle there but you can't target burn fat. You just have to lose more weight to lose back fat cause that's where your body stores fat I guess.

>> No.10359843

>>10319259
I'm two months late in responding to this, but fuck it: Nice fucking work, anon. I'm proud of you.

>> No.10359847

>>10356742
Nice, man. Looking good. Great cosplay and pose too.

>> No.10359851
File: 61 KB, 640x427, FinalBulkProgressPic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cosplay and fitness have become very deeply intertwined for me in the past year or two. After Youmacon 2018 I decided I wanted to spring for an All Might cosplay, being incredibly tall, at 6'8". Although I was quite skinny at the time.

Honestly, I just thought it would be cool to cosplay such an audacious character in a true-to-life fashion, without muscle suits or gimmicks. Literally just "holy shit, that's All Might walking around over there!" But I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

I just hurled myself into /fit/ and the lifting world as hard as I could. I ate like a madman and lifted heavy ass weights until I puked for a year straight. I wound up putting on roughly 50 lbs...and while I think I, in many ways, looked aesthetically "better" before bulking up, I certainly had a much stronger physique by the end of the year that more closely matched All Might's.

Of course I don't look like my final picture NOW - since I was too bulky and lacking definition. Right now I'm a little over halfway through a 30 lb cut (lose the fat, keep the muscle).

>> No.10359853

>>10359851
so what gear are you on

>> No.10359856

>>10359851
All in all it's been a great experience, but I learned a few things. First: NOTHING will get your ass to the gym like a serious fitness-oriented cosplay - it gives you a tangible goal to work towards, mobilizes that nerd energy, and gives you a deadline you need to stick to. Second: 1 year, in the grand scheme of things, isn't that long in the weight lifting world. I'm still just getting started in terms of weight lifting: after a year and a half of optimal training, diet, and progression, I'm only just now graduating from the beginner stages of lifting into the early intermediate stages. Third: No matter how hard you work, you'll never look "perfect" when cosplaying a fit character, because their physiques aren't grounded in reality.

My actual cosplay was brain dead simple, and I'd like to do something more involved at Youma this year, though I will be reprising All Might with a better physique (with more muscle definition and considerably less fat). My biggest disappointment at last years' con is that I had to completely scrap my Golden Age All Might Cosplay - I had the boots, bracers, and bodysuit ready...but in the bodysuit I just looked like shit. I was big and strong, but 1 year just isn't enough time to build a physique that looks muscular AND cut in a bodysuit. Maybe next year.

The functional strength is nice, though. I hadn't noticed how strong I'd really gotten until I was at the con taking (hundreds) of pictures with other fans. Some Deku and Bakugo cosplayers (adult cosplayers, not children) wanted to do some cool poses and I found out that not only could I pick them up - but I could pick them BOTH up: one in each arm. I'm still trying to find that picture, though, I must have gotten my photo taken over 500 times.

>> No.10359858

>>10359853
I'm natty, obviously. But I'd probably look a lot bigger, better, and leaner if I weren't.

I got pretty big eating 4000+ calories per day for a year. I was also well over 20% Bodyfat, I think in that final picture I may even have approached 25% Bodyfat. My height hides it well.

Very glad I'm finally leaning down. Over halfway through my big 30 lb cut - thankfully with no loss in strength so far. Once I get nice and lean I'm going to lean bulk straight thru til Youmacon in the fall. Want to look as strong and defined as possible (and hit a 3pl8 bench and 4pl8 deadlift).

>> No.10359902
File: 397 KB, 2000x2400, Speedwagon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10317955
>How do you feel about the topic of fitness relating to cosplay?
Could you be more specific? I do exercise regularly and also cosplay.
>Have you ever lost/gained weight for cosplay?
Yes, multiple times.
>Do cosplayers have an obligation to be relatively fit?
I don't follow, why would anyone be __obligated__ to be fit?
That being said, I encourage it as much as you can. It's healthier, it's better for your sex life and self-steem and your cosplay will look better.

>> No.10359922

>>10359853
cope harder you undisciplined idiot