[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 47 KB, 688x434, 131205-marui-shinjuku-annex-department-store-goth-lolita-punk-26.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10300834 No.10300834 [Reply] [Original]

A thread for the discussion of Japanese shopping services. Chinese shopping service discussion should stay confined to the Taobao thread.

Which shopping service do you use?
Which one would you recommend?

>> No.10300851

I've used FromJapan with no problems, but what stores you can buy from are more limited. If I am getting something not time sensitive from Yahoo Auctions or an online store I will use them.

I recently got into a bad situation because of USPS sending a package back with Mr. Muuh and they were really helpful through it all. I use them most of the time now for lolita releases.
I was kind of afraid to use the one person, contact on Facebook type for awhile but once I did it was way easier.

>> No.10300896

>>10300851
I asked this in the stupid questions thread originally, but do they still allow you to mark down packages? Their FAQ page only mentions marking items as gifts, and all the information on /cgl/'s archives on whether they let you mark down is from at least a year ago.

>> No.10300957

I use FromJapan for everything unless I need to buy something very quickly. For that I just make a Japanese account on said website and enter Big in Japan's address.

>> No.10301335

I despise FromJapan. If anything goes wrong with your order good luck with dealing with ther customer service. They once ordered the wrong dress for me. They were ignoring the whole situation and refused to offer a return, even though I had countless of proofs on my side. It might have been the case that they did actually order the right one and the mistake was one the side of the brand and they sent out the wrong one, but acting like it was none of their business was really shitty customer service; also since the dress I got in the end was less expensive, so FromJapan actually owned me money in the end. But of course they acted dumb/ignorant and refused to do anything about it. I canceled my account since then and only use personal SS since then who I know will be responsive when there is any issue.

>> No.10301877

>>10300834
Did anyone notice a weird change in their shopping service before? Like suddenly their way of communication and invoices became way worse?

>> No.10301878

>>10300957
>enter Big in Japan's address
Whut?

>> No.10301904

FJ is ass. I have used Japonica for years on a regular basis and they’ve been wonderful. In my time with them I’ve missed out on listings from mercari not even enough times to be a handful. Before when I used other SSs like FJ or chibitenshi I missed out on a lot more.

>> No.10302175

Japonica are good, especially for returning customers, and send frequent updates on items you're trying to buy. I mostly use them if I want something in a hurry, or to buy from smaller sites.
If I'm not in a hurry, or using y!a, I use zenmarket

>> No.10302212

>>10301904
>>10302175
Thirding Japonica. They let you know when you're outbid and you can bid quickly on items. I've never had issues with them

>> No.10302347

>>10300851
Muuh is super nice. Bit slow, but if your item isn't time sensitive I recommend them.

>> No.10302507

Based on personal experience:

Zenmarket: Slowest and doesn't buy app listings, but they're the cheapest.
Japonica: Also slow, but reliable and has good communication
FJ: Similar speed to Japonica but their fees are higher. Less communication.
Tenshi & Muuh: Similar speed (both are faster than the larger SS) and communication. Tenshi's currency conversion rates/fees are a bit steep for me since she charges USD but ymmv.

Does anyone have any thoughts on Mint Kismet?