[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 313 KB, 800x1197, devil-may-cry-nero-cosplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10273792 No.10273792 [Reply] [Original]

How do you go about when posing for a picture? Like how do you decide which pose you're going to do? Do you feel awkward or lost?
I know this must seem like a uncommon topic but I don't want to look like a complete retard if someone by any chance asks for a picture of me.

>> No.10273817

I usually think about what poses to do before the shoot/start thinking about location and poses around when I get a date pinned down, but even so, I'm not the best at posing. I also take photos of my friends in and out of cosplay for fun, and I find that I'm much better at posing them than I am at posing myself. Beyond that, I think I pose my body alright, but I'm not the most attractive and my face only really looks decent from certain angles/with certain expressions, but for some reason, I can never seem to recall enough to know what to do with my FACE when being photographed. D:

>> No.10273826

I research all the official art of the character as well as other cosplayers and fanart, pick some poses, and just practice them in the mirror before the con.
As long as you get one or two poses down I think you'll be ok for hall snaps.
If I'm doing a shoot I'd practice switching between as many different poses as I can. Otherwise my mind just goes blank after a few shots, especially cause some photographers don't give much direction.

>> No.10273894

>>10273792
Elite Cosplay has a good series of posing videos on Youtube

>> No.10273897

>>10273792
i mostly cosplay video game characters so im autistic enough to remember animations and poses and just replicate that, added with confidence and good body posture