[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 36 KB, 466x658, images (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10242187 No.10242187 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else in this shitty place but having fun at cons? Anime Festival and Anime friends look nice, together with the many gaming cons people cosplay at. Where are you and which conventions you went to this year and plan to go?

Do you cosplay? Pictures of local cons are welcome

>> No.10242571

>>10242187
>shitty place
not a nice way to start a general thread, friendo.

But no, I dropped anime/manga cons a while ago, but I still wear cosplays with my friends for photoshoots. Game conventions, though, are nicer.

>> No.10248534

>>10242187
from near Curitiba here, Always wanted to go to Shinobi Spirit but never had the chance in the past, so I usually just go to the local Hana Matsuri that happens every year near my home. even though its a buddhist festival some people do cosplay there, sometimes we have really good ones there. Havent done yet but I want to wear one to a con someday

>> No.10248543
File: 14 KB, 469x468, 1566102538021.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10242187
Distrito federal here. I haven't gone to a con in a few years, mostly because I don't know any decent ones. Last one I went to was geek prime, it was okay. Just okay, really. The cosplayers were really nice though, tons of them were there from all sorts of fandoms. Even fucking homestuck, which I didn't even know had a following here. I'd really like to go to a convention again with a good cosplay.

There's no lolita comms here which is unfortunate as well. I don't think things like cosplay and alternative fashions are well seen here. Even if you have your own job and place, people will still nitpick you. People will think you're trying to be a foreigner, people will call you childish, boomers will give you their unsolicited opinions, etc. I'd like to go to a convention again just to feel accepted at this point.

>> No.10250366
File: 5 KB, 173x173, 1540745259285.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just moved from Rio to Recife, even though there is a huge market here with a fuck ton of weebs there isn't much in regards to anime cons, much less Lolita. People here are really boring for a lack of a better term, they have these retarded (to me) moral standards that just make no sense on top of most being uneducated af.

In Rio I recall there were some Lolita comms on the North and South regions of the city, but boy were they cringy Ita tier. The anime cons in Rio weren't much behind those from SP tho, but I was never much of a weeb to know. I mostly come on this board to check out the fashion and look for artistic reference.

I plan on going to BGS next year; work related tho, so no cosplaying... probably.

>>10248543
You sound like daddy issues to me. No one needs to "accept" you for your hobby but yourself. If you don't want critiques nor anything that'll burst the echo chamber your own ego created wide open in fears your frail little feelings will get hurt, fuck off. No one wants to help you by feeding your own hysteria, if anything that act will only sink you ever more until you are so delusional you're socially ostracized. People go out of their way to give critiques, respect their time.

With all that said, I never gave critiques before in regards to cosplayers. Most of the ones I ever came in contact with were too mediocre for me to bother. Not in an artistic sense, but personality-wise.

>> No.10250425

>>10250366
>You sound like daddy issues to me. No one needs to "accept" you for your hobby but yourself. If you don't want critiques nor anything that'll burst the echo chamber your own ego created wide open in fears your frail little feelings will get hurt, fuck off. No one wants to help you by feeding your own hysteria, if anything that act will only sink you ever more until you are so delusional you're socially ostracized. People go out of their way to give critiques, respect their time.

Nayrt, but that is pretty stupid. You don't seem to understand the reason people create communities for both cosplayers and lolitas. That is, people do seek groups to feel safer in their hobbies and to share their interests as well, which have to do with feeling accepted, being that conscious or not. I suggest you lurk more on the feelings thread or develop a bit of empathy before commenting this kind of thing.

>>10248543
Anon,no problem in feeling those things, you are entitled to it. It's important to keep in mind that you hobby must always be for yourself, but it's not a sin to seek out the comfort of a community.

For Lolita, have you tried building up an online community? Sussurro do Ar posted a video this week with some online groups recommendations. I'd suggest you either start a n online page or group or join one that already exists.

>> No.10250437

>>10250366
>Most of the ones I ever came in contact with were too mediocre for me to bother. Not in an artistic sense, but personality-wise.
You complain about random moral issues with people from your new state, but you yourself sound a bit shitty, personality-wise. It's not like you're the best cosplayer in the world and people are begging you for your crit

>> No.10252859

>>10248543
Hey anon, there's gonna happen Vgs here in DF, and it's going to have cosplay competitions, see if you can still enter

>> No.10253144
File: 29 KB, 830x315, 09-07-08-☆♡☆♡-Dark-MimiParty-♡☆♡☆.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10242187
There is Mimi party happening at Sao Paulo now. if you're around I really recommend you to attent to, they're selling lots of lolita goods and cute merch. Also, there's a lot of cute people walking around in lolita, visual key and whatnot.

>> No.10253234

>>10250437
Exactly. Wanting to be king shit from day 1 in a new state and judging everyone is nuts.

>> No.10253302

>>10253144
How good is MimiParty? And what's the difference between the usual Mimi and the Dark one?

I've never been to one but I see a lot of people commenting about it on my social networks.

>> No.10253345

>>10253302
I went yesterday and it was pretty nice although a bit hot (goddamnit why's so hot now, even tho it was so cool all week?) so I think people wearing more clothes were suffering a lot. There was lots of cute stands and goodies to buy. Also the maid cafe was really cute and everyone pretty enthusiastic. I honestly felt good seing so many people gathered just having fun, sharing their experiences, seeing itabags/lolitas/ e afins lol Como poderia dizer? Me senti um pouco 'em casa'.

I can't tell the difference since it was my first mimiparty but it was 'dark themed' with the cute ghosts pictures everywhere. So, yeah, since it was only 10 reais I thought it was worth it.

>> No.10253441

>>10248543 #
>Even if you have your own job and place, people will still nitpick you. People will think you're trying to be a foreigner, people will call you childish, boomers will give you their unsolicited opinions, etc.

What do you mean? I once came fully dressed as ouji for a comm, pick the bus and the subway and people didnt even flinch. I even had some casual talks on the way, and no normie ever asked me about what i was wearing

>> No.10253447

>>10253441
>no normie ever asked me about what i was wearing
nayrt, but the level of nitpickness will depend on where you live. Some cities are just terrible for us to wear lolita outside (try doing that at Liberdade on a weekend...), an others are the perfect paradise with people minding their own business.

>> No.10253502

>>10253447

The event in question was at Brasilia.
I even passed by Central Terminal and everything.