[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 39 KB, 540x450, commission.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10242084 No.10242084 [Reply] [Original]

anyone get their cosplay props and costumes commissioned?
commission jfashion pieces?
do commissions?
what are your good experiences and what are your bad ones?
best groups to look for commissions/find work?

>> No.10243181

I didnt expect this thread to bomb so hard and honestly purely made it so I can find some talented seagulls who do commissions and pay them.
In my experience seagulls have better skill level and are more trustworthy.

>> No.10243182

>>10242084
>seagulls have better skill level and are more trustworthy.
lol

>> No.10243206

>>10243181
Anyone who's halfway decent at crafting, even if they browse here, isnt going to associate with this place.
I've done armor commissions for people before, but I'm never gonna let on I browse here. It's just an invitation for the salt to find it's way to my cosplay page and possibly lose followers for it.

Just browse Instagram and Facebook for cosplay pages, especially ones that mention commissions.
Ask people at cons with nice gear if they do commissions or if they commissioned, from who.

>> No.10243273

>>10243182
>>10243206

There used to be fairly regular commission threads as well as activity threads (birthing of derpy, what are you wearing today threads, ita dresshps..)
I had my worst commission experiences on other websites, while anyone that I picked up on 4chan knew there shit, and if they didnt or didnt complete commissions in a timely enough manner were laughed out by the community

Perhaps I'm just an oldfag and this thread was a silly idea.

>> No.10244881

>>10242084
i lucked the fuck out when i found mine last month.
She makes INCREDIBLE cosplays, just keep looking anon.

>> No.10245363

>>10243273
Yeah sorry senpai. The era of making cosplay and taking commissions is over. It's all about fotm cosplays from taobao now.

>> No.10249843

>>10243273
It makes me wonder why cosplay commission threads died out yet BST lolita threads are still going strong

>> No.10253289

>>10243273
>Anyone who's halfway decent at crafting, even if they browse here, isnt going to associate with this place.
I've done armor commissions for people before, but I'm never gonna let on I browse here. It's just an invitation for the salt to find it's way to my cosplay page and possibly lose followers for it.

>Just browse Instagram and Facebook for cosplay pages, especially ones that mention commissions.
>Ask people at cons with nice gear if they do commissions or if they commissioned, from who.

Best advice here. Anon and accountability are things that don't go well together.