[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 163 KB, 800x1200, beetusplay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10011610 No.10011610 [Reply] [Original]

And keep washing, at least once a day. The problem with cons these days
>contents is all cute and pretty and kawaii lovely hyper feminine grills or manly hot men
>attendees are unwashed, ugly landwhales that have long lost all gender markers and smell to high heaven of BO and shit

Inspired by that disgusting momokun. If you are a fatty and have dark spots on your skin that won't wash off, STOP SCRUBBING! That is acanthosis nigricans, a symptom of incoming beetus type two, and you need to STOP EATING. For the visual and olfactory safety of your fellow con goers, take a long hard look at yourself and change your ways. You are not a cute uwu soft anime catboy. You are a smelly hambeast, sorry not sorry.

Costs to get your health in order should take precedence over ordering a 7X custom cosplay.

You MUST WASH. This is non-negotionable. If you are an unwashed, greasy haired basement dweller and pus is weeping from your pores, change you ways before appearing at a con hoping to look like Naruto. IT AIN'T GONNA WORK.

If you never brush your teeth and never wash your clothes because your mother was fat and useless and a psycho, and you don't know how, look up a tutorial.

That you brushed your teeth last week is not an excuse. That you had a bath last year is not an excuse, what are you, a bridge troll? That you left your clothes on the floor for five weeks is not an excuse to not wash them.

Try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh7CACofsio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqwQDlBkO8

If standards of personal hygiene continue to be ignored, we will have to resort to banning smelly blobs from cons.

>> No.10011612

>>10011610
>“How to deal with the smell at Comiket:

>These days, there’s an effort to encourage attendees to take a bath the night before they come, but it isn’t really helping, since a lot of the people who cause the smell don’t pay attention to the messages.

>So rather than trying to educate others, you’ve got to take measures to make things easier on yourself. So take some [menthol lip balm], and spread it under your nose.

>This is what medical examiners do when they’re performing autopsies on decomposing corpses. If people are too smelly, your best bet is to handle them the same way.”

>> No.10011614

>>10011610
>young men projecting a gloomy atmosphere and smell of sweat; the so-called anime otaku.

Is it only men in Japan who have no shame? In Hamerica it's unwashed dangerhairs that stand out in the stank department.

>> No.10011621

>>10011614
I find this interesting bc asian people's sweat tends to not be terribly smelly.... so they must be really unclean to stink so bad. Yikes.

>> No.10011736

>>10011621
all otaku tend to eat like shit and leave their clothes unwashed for long periods, the funk builds, even with asians.

>> No.10011809
File: 1.63 MB, 360x270, 1531214009076.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10011610
>thinking that a thread on 4chan will solve anything
wew, lad

>> No.10012009

>>10011610
One con I put deodorant udner my nose so the smell would be manageable

>> No.10012192

>>10011621
AS someone at a university with a lot of asian internationals. This is false. Those boys are stanky as fuck and I hate it so much as a deodorant using american

>> No.10012198

>>10012192
It's not all Asians that tend to have the gene that leads to less smelly sweat and flaky earwax, it's only east Asians and again it's a tendency to have it, not automatic. Also, it's just less body odor, not non-existent body odor.

>> No.10012206

>>10011610
I don't think the sort of smelly person you're talking to is lurking on /cgl/. I think you're preaching to the choir here.

>> No.10012256
File: 8 KB, 196x258, disappointed_face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I use to work a lot of cons, 10 years ago, within a 100 radius.
There was this one guy;
>over 40
>balding, uncut /unbrushed grey hair
>greasy face
>Warlock robe with standing cowl

He smelled like he never bathed... And never watched the robe. He went to most of the cons. I could always smell him in the room before spotting him. He never broke any rules and was polite... There were no offical rules to boot him. He just always showed up. And I ended up stuck in line behind him at least twice.

I dropped out of the endless working-for-free-all-year merry go round of con stuff and haven't really gone back... But sometimes I wonder...
Is he still there?

>> No.10016560

>stay at a hotel
>free soap and shit
>puke in the tub instead
>don't shower
is this still how cons work?

>> No.10016564

Last con I went to I had a con goer walk past my artist alley table and he smelled absolutely awful. It was literally the 1st day an hour after opening too. wtf.

>> No.10016566

worst thing is when someone's BO smells EXACTLY like yours so youre anxiously checking your pits every 5 seconds whenever youre around them

>> No.10016574

Gum and hand sanitisers are common items in my con bag. I think it's more than just take a shower, it's about hygiene and general health. To put it simply, overweight people just aren't taking care of themselves which generally have an unsatisfied social life and thus due to depression they let other things like brushing teeth and doing laundry fall by the wayside as well.

That's not to say what they are doing is acceptable when they go to a con in any way. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who treat the con scene as instant friends and try to use strangers as a support group. If you got personal problems, check em at the door, we're here to bask in nerdiness and have fun.

Even when used as escapism, remember that the Halo effect is not something you will ever be able to escape. Ever. Anywhere. Take care of yourself and others may treat you better as a result.

>> No.10016612

>>10012192
Gonna 2nd. The most smellist men ive met were tiny japanese dudes. Powerful lingering smell.honestly surpising condering their girlfrinds were completely unbothered.

>> No.10016683

To make matters worse - If you're like me, Most if not ALL of the cons you go to are in the Summer.. to make it ever more worse - They are southern cons... So to add to the 90+ degree heat, you've got 85-100% relative humidity... So it just makes people sweat more.

It's usually the game rooms and some of the 24hour rooms at cons that have people who stink hella bad.

Waiting in line at AWA this year, Thursday about 20mins after registration and I could already smell BO and BAD....

I can't go more than a day without showering.. and at cons? I shower every day.. Sometimes twice if I am doing a costume change and I've been sweating alot.

>> No.10016694

I usually dont pick up on other people’s BO. Strong and offputing perfume is the common offender for me
My biggest problem is other people’s stank breath

>> No.10017024

>>10011610
If you don't brush your teeth/even if you do, take out your nasty ass tonsil stones. Shit takes 2 mins, brushing your teeth doesn't get rid of that stank.

>> No.10017928

>>10016566

I had this happen to me sitting for the masquerade

>> No.10017950

>>10017024
What the fuck are you on about?

>> No.10020755

>>10017024
Not everyone has tonsil stones, senpai. In fact, most people don't.

>> No.10020768

>>10011610
This goes for you lovely lolitas too, bathe daily, wash your stinky brand and sweaty wigs, get a strong antiperspirant deodorant and while you are at it, iron your clothes and brush and style those wigs. Get the fringes cut. Clean the goop from your lashes or splurge and wear a new pair for events. Tend your manicure. Freshen your shoes and take the scuffs off. Remove the pilling from your knits and socks. Carry a fan, it’s a graceful accessory. If you wonder about any of this, ‘does this mean me?’ then YES IT DOES.

>> No.10020789
File: 355 KB, 524x394, flower.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel bad for people that smell like that sometimes, for some it seems like it has nothing to do with hygeine. Theyre BO is just THAT bad. I work with someone like that. Theyll smell fine at the beginning of the shift, but by the end they smell like shit. We have a shower and he uses it every lunch break. He'll smell human for like an hour, but throughout the day the smell comes back.

Its a real shame, hes a nice guy and looking at him, he doesnt seem like the type to smell like that until you walk past him and smell the overpowering stench of too mich fabric softner with an undertone of diarrhea.

>> No.10020798

>>10020789
Unfortunately they often can’t really get themselves as clean in the first place in the harder to reach areas and then additionally, the rolls and folds hold moisture and that can make an environment to breed all kinds of horrifying yeasts and bacterias that contribute to ‘that smell’ even when they bathe regularly. Just another unfortunate side effect of being overweight. My partner has a sensitive nose and he told me that ‘the fat smell’ at cons overwhelms him.

>> No.10020818

>>10016612
Tbh when my boyfriend is sweaty I am totally intoxicated by his pheremones. Even though I know he's probably smelly to other people it doesn't bother me.

>> No.10025670

>>10011610
The problem with cons these days
>contents is all cute and pretty and kawaii lovely hyper feminine grills or manly hot men
>attendees are unwashed, ugly landwhales that have long lost all gender markers and smell to high heaven of BO and shit

>cons these days

Man, it has always been like that. I know it, I started cosplaying in 1999. Went to lots of cons. If you don't like cons, don't go.