[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 28 KB, 366x499, design.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9791070 No.9791070 [Reply] [Original]

I fucked up.
I had a great job.
Quit, and went to Asia for 2 years.
Tried to come back, did a few times, but everytime it cost me money, more than it would've been to stay in Asia.

I always acted like a traveller.

Now it got me -7k in credit card debt, and back in the USA.

I have in demand skills, but tried to get remote gigs, nothing. Office gigs, fine. Turned down $50, 45 and acceptd one at $38 in a low cost of living area.

two weeks in, I hate it.

Pros: no lease/no commitment.
still have cash and can fly back to asia.
But for what.

I need to build a way to make $3000 a month, net.

Arbitrage of Japanweeb shit/recycled is def good. Niche markets and high demand with low sellers. Like that candy as a subscription model. He's bitching on hacker news because he has competitors, but he did it, on fucking going to Daiso, buying cando and sending it by the mail.

Fuck, I may give the dark net shit a try. I know a few pharmacy.

Pharmacy as a subscription.

Pic related. I'm reading it now. Great stuff. Total cliche in older adolescence self help book for guidance, but yeah.

Also, doesn't help all my friends/people I know in USA suck. But that's more on me. I always find more success in befriending people in Asia then here.

USA sucks in general imo.

>> No.9791091

>>9791070
What are you doing in Asia?

>> No.9791096

Did you have a good time in Asia atleast? Fuck some tiny snatch asian broads? Memories n shit right bro?

>> No.9791099

>>9791070
I would fucking kill to work in the US on 100k dollerinos
T. Eurocuck

>> No.9791177

>>9791070
are you me?

>> No.9791182
File: 71 KB, 598x566, 1512881247571.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9791070
Similar story here

Do you know of any discord group for strugglers like us trying to make it?

>> No.9791189

>>9791096
I did.
I was in Japan and Philippines. All my friends are there now. It is a complete 180. Looking at video from when I first went to know. the life experience is really rewarding.

I also got my JLPT and degree online. But some poor (no) planning really fucked me over.

The ironic thing is, the great job was remote. I did it for over 8 months in Asia before I quit for medical reasons "depression."

Turns out, it never really went away.

Life really is about administration of resources and making sure the money never runs out.

I'm okay, I'm going to be okay. The anxiety though is killing me. It's helping me realize I'm about to crash and my lifestyle is unlivable.

Exhausting my savings, I can't believe I did it. Fuck.

Sad part is, people want to pay me to live abroad and work for them but they're all dicks. Want to outsource part of their business but really, I don't want to work with them.

Like, I was all for fuck the other side of the world and everyone else, me first for a bit in my edgy teen years, but as I lived there - I never felt as welcomed and loved before.

Maybe I'm just a pitiful human, that had a bad hand dealt in life, but, family structure and friendship there really is different then there in the west.

That's it. Sound like one of those new age guys writing this out in no legible order.

>> No.9791219

>>9791182
No, but we may need each other. Sort of like every anime that has an mmo/chat feature.

We'll encourage each other, like a /r9k/ group but better because we're not those fags.

I guess it'd be on discord. But, we really need to tally up the rejects and losers.

Everyone, go on, tell the internet why you're a reject. I'll post the link for a discord momentarily.

>> No.9791234

>>9791189
Read the book Man's Search for Meaning. Sounds like it could help your perspective a bit

>> No.9791273

>>9791219

>Sort of like every anime that has an mmo/chat feature.

Did you bump your head or something?

>> No.9791305

>>9791219

Have to run but if you add it here I'll check later and join

>> No.9791371

>>9791273
Meant anime that involves around an mmo where players converse about real shit on mmo time and even meet each other. Like .hack or sword art online?