[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.03 MB, 900x600, e61.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9644366 No.9644366 [Reply] [Original]

How do the productive fags on /biz/ keep doing things when they no longer have to do them?

How do you keep complacency at bay once you have "fuck you" money?

>> No.9644447

if u cant handle doing whatever you want when you have fuck you money, you were just lucky

>> No.9644543
File: 84 KB, 500x276, My Thing Lagerfeld.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9644366
Usually it's because they are 'internally motivated people' - blog post in coming - since the best shot you have of making fuck you money in the world is by 'betting against the consensus' and doing something in an industry that no body even considered (think: Innovator's Dilemna) but that perusing success still takes discipline and a systematic approach to problem solving the people who make fuck you money are often the ones who are strongly self-motivated and rather than find preexisting structures (wagecucking, family units, friendship cliques etc.) take a blank sheet of paper and write up their weekly schedules from scratch, now that doesn't mean they don't need external stimulation, what it may mean is they have created good feedback loops to keep them on task: such as announcing shit to friends (fear of embarrassment has made me accomplish everything I have), making bets, but most important of all they have very clearly defined goals and measures of those goals. They know exactly what they want.

Now, there is another approach, Orson Welles said he was a very lazy person so he constantly would have like 5 film projects that he intended to direct at once, this was also an insurance policy against the likleyhood fo 4 of those projects not being adequately funded or lead actors dropping out and him having to abandon them. But he also admitted that as a lazy person the workflow kept him motivated and maintained momentum - if he finished a film or a project collapsed and he didn't have a following domino then he'd be sunk.

>> No.9644699
File: 78 KB, 784x675, ArabInstagram.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BUMP.