[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 66 KB, 482x427, 1432674378132.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
953501 No.953501 [Reply] [Original]

>find out somebody your age or younger is more successful than you
>imminently want to kill yourself and become extremely depressed, consider yourself an evolutionary failure and fall into a pit of despair and hopelessness
>then get extremely angry and fantasize about the collapse of civilization and the destruction of everything

Does anybody else know this feel?

>> No.953502

>>953501
I used to when I was an /r9k/ neet but not anymore. Jealousy and comparing your to others is a harmful thing.

also
>>>/r9k/

>> No.953504

>>953501
I used to as well. It's not good for you. Especially when you play an instrument. There is always that 5 year old who can play some piece or song perfectly. Just look at it this way, this kid may be better at one thing, but you're better at others.

>> No.953509

>>953504
Ah, the constant fear of the child prodigy.

We of the low brass know not of this fear!

Then again, who in their right mind wants to play tuba? WHY DID I CHOOSE THIS INSTRUMENT? (Jk, I love it)

>> No.953517

>>953502
>Jealousy and comparing your to others is a harmful thing.
This is very true, and this should not be mistaken for wishful just-b-urself psychobabble.

Every person is unique (but this doesn't make you a special snowflake), and with this comes a distinct set of strengths and weaknesses. Everybody comes from different backgrounds, experienced different things. People will handle failure and success in their own way. The point is: OP is not the other guy.

But I think OP has bigger problems than comparison and envy. He's obviously has some chemical imbalance in his brain. Poor fellow.

>> No.953521

>>953517
>But I think OP has bigger problems than comparison and envy. He's obviously has some chemical imbalance in his brain. Poor fellow.

This is thrown around too easily nowdays.

>I feel sad and isolated in highschool - You have depression here's some meds!
>I want to run around at recess not sit in social studies as a 10 y.o boy - Here's ADHD meds

You need to overcome things on your own not rely on brainaltering medication for every little thing.

>> No.953523

I'm a genetic fuck up, but I also believe in eugenics. So any kids I have will not come from my sperm. They will come from the sperm of someone much smarter and better than me. I will create people who will have a much easier and more fulfilling life than I have had so far.

>> No.953535

>>953523
Same bro. I have had 9 teeth removed to keep my jaw normal, lost my hair at 16, everyone in my family needs glasses bad, and cancer runs rampant in our blood. It doesn't help that I'm the most successful in a family of failures.

Sometimes you need to use a different recipe; get a vasectomy and just adopt if you ever feel the need.

>> No.953548

>>953501
why not befriend him instead of pissing away an opportunity to meet someone you can learn from?

in your head
>oh my god this guy is 8 months younger than me and is better than me at something, look at everyone looking at me with judgemental eyes, they must think I'm a total fuckup and loser. My genes are so weak, I don't deserve to reproduce"
in reality:
>nobody gives a fuck

>> No.953564

>>953501

I don't compare myself to them. I don't think I'd be happy being a carbon copy of that person instead of succeeding on my own and it's honestly retarded to want that.

>> No.953567
File: 27 KB, 396x385, 1430192885164.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>953501
On the other hand
>tfw you're doing better than literally all of your old classmates

>> No.953574

>save money
>carry 0 debt
>work in a trade because no debt
>tradework is paid for with debt tho
>everybody keeps printing money

It'll work out, r-right guys? I'm being smart here?

At what point does fiction become reality? How long does it last?

Will there be anything left?

>> No.953586

>fantasize about the collapse of civilization and the destruction of everything

I've had those days. You think 'aw fuck it, we're all going to be dirt in 100 years anyway'. Comparing yourself to others can lead to some dark places. Hobbies help. So does shitposting on 4chins.

>> No.953588

>>953574
Trades often require licensing and buying your own tools, which wracks up to about 50k to become your own journeyman. Very few companies will pay for those for you and instead have sublicenses and lend/rent you tools because it gives them money rather than competition.

Don't buy the meme that trades are the easy way, they're just another way.

>> No.953636

>>953588
Well, tools and training are tax-deductible in a lot of jurisdictions. And the thing is, you acquire tools over years during work as an apprentice while you're making money, instead of frontloading your education costs and dealing with crippling compound interest. And "having your own" expensive tools varies from trade to trade, and that's only if you want to run your trade as a small business or work on a small crew.

not a tradesman -- software engineer actually -- but if I had to be doing something else, I'd definitely pick going to welding school for 10 months instead of a useless 4 year non-STEM/non-business degree.

>> No.953641

>>953567
And probably better than OP too kek

>> No.953670

>>953501
>be Caesar
>general of the Roman legions
>quaestor of Hispania
>conquerer of Gaul
>see statue of Alexander the great
>weep because you still haven't conquered the known world