[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 83 KB, 1080x540, 11-084440-nicolas_cage_life_lessons.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9529845 No.9529845 [Reply] [Original]

Hello, fellow Linkies. We all know we have a great project on our hands here. But let's talk about certain things. We're all waiting for mainnet release because that's the big thing for LINK. However, the main part of the code (reputation and consensus) is still nowhere to be seen. That's why many of us are wondering if there is a private repo where they could have already developed this. Is there any evidence to suggest so? Discuss. Love you guys.

>> No.9529865
File: 200 KB, 364x652, 1438245628973.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How are you guys holding Link spending your time meanwhile? Im focusing on wagecucking, trying new hobbies and learning stuff.

>> No.9529874

There is a private repo. There will also be two mainnet releases.

First release will be official support of nodes on the Ethereum mainnet. This is the repo we know about. This lets their clients get their nodes setup and staked before the network officially goes live so they can test everything. This will happen mid/late June or early July.

Then they'll make the reputation repo public and begin testing it on Ropsten like they've been doing with the node repo. This will continue to be developed and tested in the open until September when they officially release the reputation system and network features of Chainlink on Ethereum's mainnet.

>> No.9529889

>>9529865
Same
The only real difference since I'm in crypto is that I have some interesting tech to read up on and I stopped buying useless shit.

>> No.9529896

>>9529865
>started lifting
>lots of reading (try to finish at least 2 books/week + read the bible everyday)
>walk my dog
>shitpost
>occasional vidya

>> No.9529905

>>9529874
thanks Steve. just bought 100k

>> No.9529958

>>9529865
Ok

>> No.9529980

>>9529896
>bible
nice just sold 100k

>> No.9530035
File: 20 KB, 293x172, transcendlink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9529874
I don't know if it matters to you or not, but some of use truly get what you are trying to make. We see the unending potential it will unlock and the futures it will make possible for humanity. We see the future where trust is inherent, programmed, and certain. We see the worlds powers all bowing to the power of the collective, the wisdom of the individual, and the possibility of this new future you and the team have given us all. I might just be some rambling idiot on a kamptchakan horse blanket weaving forum, but from the bottom of my heart, from my children and my future, thank you.

>> No.9530053

>>9529845
A smart Anon believes the private repo has something to do with "Team Rocket", the code name for research being done by at Cornell by IC3. A team member described what they're working on during Consensus last week and it sounded a lot like ChainLink. This would corroborate "Consortium Anon"s larp.

>> No.9530055

You are more emotionally attached to your investment than a nigger to his chicken, and you have the nerve to call yourself "high IQ"
baka

>> No.9530112

Don't reply to tripfags
Hide tripthreads

>> No.9530121

>>9529874
Try to make your Larps more believable. They said there are no private repos
> two mainnet releases
lmao
>This lets their clients get their nodes setup and staked
lmao what, clients will not be the ones running the network
And why would they need to stake beforehand, makes no sense.
> tested in the open until September
This is not nearly enough time to do any of those things, stop larping if you can't even understand the basics

>>9530053
The team that's been working on some blockchain consensuses?
What does that anything have to do with Chainlink?
>and it sounded a lot like ChainLink
Please point me to this where it sounds a lot like Chainlink.

>> No.9530149

>>9529980
pagan

>> No.9530156

>>9530121
>"The way this protocol works is incredibly simple yet incredibly powerful," he said.
"Referred to as Snowflake, Snowball and Avalanche, the protocols randomly sample network participants, and ultimately choose a single result, Sirer said. "

>> No.9530176

>>9530121
Don’t speak to Steve like that.

>> No.9530196
File: 153 KB, 1274x830, fag talk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9530121
absolutely everything you just typed is wrong and faggy in so many ways, I stopped counting. Here is your (you).

>> No.9530197

>>9529874
Thank you for this info based Steve

>> No.9530331

>>9530156
>everything you just typed is wrong

>there are no private repos
Source: confirmed by Thomas
>clients of the networks running their own nodes in a system that's supposed to decentralize the process, not bring it back under the same central structure
Source: common sense
>This is not nearly enough time to do any of those things
Source: pivotal tracker
Now lets see your superior arguments hm?

>> No.9530339

>>9530331
>>9530196
meant to quote this retard

>> No.9530396

Are there tickets for things that haven’t had PRs open in the public repo but are complete? Yes? Then they’re going into the private repo.

See: >>9529874

>> No.9530417

Chainlink will NEVER be $1 again.

>> No.9530425

>>9530331
When mainnet anon?

>> No.9530426

I love how stinky linkies think their thrash will ever be anything but a shitty ERC20 token.

>> No.9530467
File: 135 KB, 600x1800, ur an faggit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9530339
here is your superior argument, you are still talking like a wrong faggot.

>> No.9530468

>>9530331
I'm gonna need a source of Thomas saying there are no private repos. The current ChainLink repo was a private repo at one point, it's possible there is another.

>> No.9530508

>>9530417
you right, it will jump straight to 10

>> No.9530515

>>9530426
its not even an erc20 token tho retard. you must be new here.

>> No.9530551

>>9530331
This was a pain in the ass to read, learn when to use meme arrows

>> No.9530561

>>9529874
TY Steve keep up the good work

>> No.9530579

So, is anyone here actually going to discuss how the reputation and consensus parts are still nowhere to be seen?

>> No.9530588

>>9530467
Ah yes, the classic, no-argument bagholder resorting to adhoms

>>9530425
I don't know, but not any time soon.

>>9530468
I tried to scroll back in slack but old messages already got deleted. I'm sure someone has saved a screenshot.

>>9530551
It's a perfectly fine use of meme arrows, sorry for your autism.

>> No.9530595

>>9530468
He used to say this...now they do not answer this questions (for last month). This makes me think there is a private repo...also Steve Ellis has contributed way less over the last month (20 commits) than his usualy 50-100 commits. Another sign of a private repo was someone screenshotting steve ellis's github profile showing commits to a private repo but he has since changes his settings to private.

>> No.9530619

>>9530579
Why would they do that, dear anon?
When they could just attack everyone that tries to bring some discussion to the table instead of the regular delusions, that way it's much easier to cope with the fact that they'll be bagholding for much longer than previously expected.

>>9530595
>now they do not answer this questions (for last month).
He said this probably not even 2 weeks ago.

>> No.9530648

>>9530619
ask him today..you will not get a response. The team does not lie and when you get to close to the truth they shut down.

>> No.9530683

>>9530619
Why are you so negative and aggressive? Linkies are supposed to be supportive and kind.

>> No.9530766

>>9530121

>two mainnet releases

yes. nodes and the reputation system/network are two distinct projects. that's clear if you're not a brainlet since the network is made up of nodes so they clearly have to come first.

>lmao what, clients will not be the ones running the network
>And why would they need to stake beforehand, makes no sense.

read the whitepaper brainlet. yes clients do run their own nodes. and you're right, they don't NEED to stake anything while its not being officially used in production, but in order to test that smart contracts are handling staking requirements properly they'll stake small amounts during this phase.

>This is not nearly enough time to do any of those things, stop larping if you can't even understand the basics

they're already working on it and have been for a while, so ya its plenty of time since it'll be their sole focus after nodes are released to mainnet in June/July. developing the reputation system has less to do with code and more to do with the math of the system which they worked through ages ago when Ari Juels was helping write the whitepaper.

jesus FUD has either gotten weaker or nolinkers are just dumber.

>> No.9530770
File: 16 KB, 400x400, 86AD4199-9518-4385-BDC7-98D41692D39E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9529874
thanks bro

>> No.9530774

>>9530648
Well we don't know how the team operates. Maybe they kept this from him. But when the team previously worked in private, they had no trouble confirming that info to the public.

>>9530683
Because Chainlink community has become so cancerous. I used to hold 200k LINK, now that number is closer to 100k so it's not like I'm FUDing for no reason.
Most of these things started off as a meme and now there are genuine people believing in $1000 EOY.
You present them with the facts and they just won't listen, they say you're wrong but at the same time are unable to provide anything to backup their deluded claims except "connect the dots" or some shit like that

>> No.9530872
File: 54 KB, 700x525, 1246717823566.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9529874
>>9530766
Thanks making me feel extra comfy, also checked my dude

>> No.9530874
File: 116 KB, 750x323, RhZGwVr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

if the consesus and reputation stuff is that important to the success of their product it'd be no wonder if they had a private repo, they probably got more than one.

>> No.9530941

>>9530121

this is supposed to be a high iq discussion, anon

>> No.9530964

>>9530468

Not from Thomas, but:

>"The missing link(pun intended) is currently the staking/matching contract which will drive the process of how oracle nodes are matched with requesting smart contracts. This is currently not in the public repo."

https://medium.com/@alekseyklintsevich/technical-overview-of-the-chainlink-testnet-implementation-c8a0b09276d1

>> No.9530970

>>9530766
I know they're distinct but there is no reason to release only one part to the main net because it's useless by itself.
>setup and staked before the network officially goes live so they can test everything.
All the testing can be done on ropsten, why would they need Ethereum main net so they can test everything again?

>yes clients do run their own nodes
Ok sure, and where exactly does it say this?

> but in order to test that smart contracts are handling staking requirements properly they'll stake small amounts during this phase.
You mean "clients" will do this staking or? Isn't this what ropsten test net is about, for testing?
They can stake ropsten LINK. I understand companies wanting to test how nodes work so they run one on testnet.
But please explain to me what sense would it make for a company to run their own LINK nodes on main net?

>they're already working on it and have been for a while
And how could you possibly know this? The last piece of information that thomas gave us was that everything is public. Of course I'm not assuming they would be literally starting from scratch. They probably have the idea laid out on how it'll work but they still need to write, implement and test all of this.

>>9530941
Not an argument

>> No.9530987

>>9529865
Working out, looking for a part time job to get me out of the house, and working on some hobbies that can make me money.

>> No.9530992

>>9530774
Lying about how much link you own doesn't improve your FUD

>> No.9531009
File: 99 KB, 576x444, LINK_TARD_PLAY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9529845
>HIGH IQ

>> No.9531071

>>9530970

its not useless without the rest. the Chainlink network is decentralized, but you can use it in a centralized way if you specify which node to use rather than request data from the network.

>Ok sure, and where exactly does it say this?

sorry I don't read to brainlets. you don't understand Chainlink at all if you don't understand clients will be node operators.

>You mean "clients" will do this staking or? Isn't this what ropsten test net is about, for testing?

ropsten lets them test with ropsten tokens, but not real tokens. right now there's no faucet for ropsten tokens so nobody is testing against it. they'll begin testing only when the team says its officially stable, at which point they'll release node support on Ethereum mainnet before finishing the reputation system since there's no reason to not release it once its stable. at this point you'll start to see big wallets moving big stacks to clients with higher frequency.

>And how could you possibly know this? The last piece of information that thomas gave us was that everything is public. Of course I'm not assuming they would be literally starting from scratch. They probably have the idea laid out on how it'll work but they still need to write, implement and test all of this.

not everything is public. there was a screenshot floating around confirming they've been working in a private repo and Aleksei or whatever his name is from Microsoft effectively confirmed the reputation system exists as a private repo. the released only part of it in public for now because for now they want all eyes on the nodes, since that's the part developers will be working with. they'll release the network publicly only once the nodes have reached a stable state.

>> No.9531089

>>9530992
You're right. I would totally waste my time arguing with shitcoin bagholders of a project I have no financial interest in, you got me!
That's not even that much LINK.

>>9530964
Thomas also said they're not focusing on this right now, that's the reason there's nothing about those contracts on pivotal tracker.
And about 2 weeks ago he said there's nothing in private. So I'm guessing something changed during these past 2 weeks and they're maybe starting to work on this...
If they really finish these contracts in parallel with nodes and this whole Steve private commits is true then maybe it really could take 3 months but I highly doubt it.

>> No.9531094

>>9529865
Wagecucking, school, and hobbies

>> No.9531125

There's always one naysaying faggot in the high IQ threads that ruins it. I'm so glad he will not make it.

>> No.9531146

>>9530970
> where exactly does it say this?
My guy, this is THE WHOLE POINT OF THE FUCKING TOKEN. How do you get a decentralized network of oracle nodes if third-party clients aren't running them?
Quit shitting up an attempt at conversation with your knuckle-dragging ignorance and idiocy. Like, i'm all for trolls, but put a fucking ounce of effort in.
>>9530964
>>9530874
It's not in private repo (they explicitly said ~their team~ isnt doing any more private repos), but they're no doubt working with the Cornell team. The Ari Jules connection is obvious there, but they can claim in all honesty that they're not working on it while also being a part of that development under the table.

>> No.9531149

>>9531089

there's a separate pivotal tracker too brainlet. and their commits to a private repo confirms they are focusing on it, they're just splitting their time between the nodes and the reputation system.

>> No.9531159

>>9531146

>they explicitly said ~their team~ isnt doing any more private repos

that was a LARP because /biz/ is a terribly cancerous place and they're not going to give you any more than they have to. for now nodes are the most important. after them, the reputation system is the most important.

>> No.9531194

>>9531159
It wasn't a LARP it was straight from Rory's account in the official slack, dummy.
They're working on it, yes, but not in a CL team-sanctioned private repo.
Much like how it's technically an open-source project above board, but in reality very much team-focused.

>> No.9531238

>>9530970
>>9531071
Also, this -- there are currently companies using the Ruby network for smartcontracts. It's already a working project, got pushed back a few months when they switched to Go.

>> No.9531289

>>9531071
>its not useless without the rest. the Chainlink network is decentralized
The consensus and reputation is what makes it truly decentralized, that's what makes it a network. Otherwise you're only dealing with a single node at a time.

>sorry I don't read to brainlets. you don't understand Chainlink at all if you don't understand clients will be node operators.
I get it, you pulled this one out of your ass and now you can't provide the source.

>ropsten lets them test with ropsten tokens, but not real tokens.
So? It mimics the real tokens without wasting money on testing. I don't see how testnet tokens perform any less of a job than real tokens would. They can send ropsten tokens to anyone who contacts them.

>How do you get a decentralized network of oracle nodes if third-party clients aren't running them?
I don't know, maybe you get third fucking parties to run the nodes?
If SWIFT is a client on the network, how are they a third party you dumb fuck. Dumb bagholders like you are the third party.
>Quit shitting up an attempt at conversation
lol, you don't understand the basic concept of ANYTHING we mentioned here, I'd shut the fuck up if I were you.

>>9531149
>there's a separate pivotal tracker too
Great, are you another le insider too? Fucking faggot.

>> No.9531309

>>9531146
>>9531289

>> No.9531353

>>9531146
>>9531089

I don't doubt it exists but I'd really like to see this screenshot of Thomas saying there's no private repo. I'm curious as to exactly how it's worded and the context.

I'm not inclined to believe a Technical Community Manager is going to have more inside information than a software engineer who's working on projects for both Chainlink and Microsoft. Maybe a private repo did just get created recently and this is why they're contradicting one another, but I think it's more likely that Thomas just doesn't have that level of security clearance so he didn't know about it.

>> No.9531360

>>9531289

>The consensus and reputation is what makes it truly decentralized, that's what makes it a network. Otherwise you're only dealing with a single node at a time.

... that's what I said dumbass. you don't have to interact with it decentrally, its just the only option that is decentralized. you can still run your own node and have it only work with a smart contract you control though. you don't need to use it as a network brainlet.

>I get it, you pulled this one out of your ass and now you can't provide the source.

the source is the whitepaper. if you haven't read it I'm not going to read it to you. clients running nodes is such a central point of the system that there's no point in spoon feeding you.

>So? It mimics the real tokens without wasting money on testing. I don't see how testnet tokens perform any less of a job than real tokens would. They can send ropsten tokens to anyone who contacts them.

the problem isn't so much with ropsten tokens as it is that big coporate IT teams aren't going to start testing while the bugs are still being worked out. they'll only start once its officially released and stable which is why it will be released first.

>Great, are you another le insider too? Fucking faggot.

no I'm just a developer who actually understand how software is developed and not some brainlet gambling in a space I don't understand.

>> No.9531414

>>9531289
SWIFT is a consortium of thousands of banks and a messaging system. It is not a singular entity in the way you seem to be referring to it. It is used for the banks to communicate.
For SWIFT to be using Chainlink, this means that all of the banks would have their own node with which to transmit their information, and they would use other nodes to communicate and make and implement smartcontracts. They are the clients and the operators. Again, this is the point.
This is why -- if you had read the whitepaper -- a third of circulating Link is set aside for institutional node operators. This is how -- if you had read the whitepaper -- the entire fucking network will operate.
Jesus christ your just the fucking worst I've never interacted with someone so goddamned devoted to being retarded

>> No.9531415
File: 196 KB, 887x487, C49B9800-12EA-44A7-8A19-E37E52D36D0F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9529874
Rory just basically confirmed that this is true

>> No.9531465

>>9529845
thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lgCQd-f2Ps

>> No.9531612

>>9531465

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g

>> No.9531621

>>9531360
>... that's what I said dumbass. you don't have to interact with it decentrally, its just the only option that is decentralized. you can still run your own node and have it only work with a smart contract you control though. you don't need to use it as a network brainlet.
And that's why I said it's useless to have it on main net by itself if they have the same fucking thing on ropsten.

>if you haven't read it I'm not going to read it to you
hahahahah man, you're gonna have to try harder than that
>We currently have over 19,000 people that have told us they’d like to be ChainLink Node Operators;...we expect that we’ll be able to have a sufficiently large amount of independent node operators to provide a fully decentralized oracle network.
>of independent node operators
>to provide a fully decentralized oracle network
Companies that are using the network are not independent operators that will bring decentralization, how can you be this retarded?

>>9531414
SWIFT is a unique example, what about other companies?
>For SWIFT to be using Chainlink, this means that all of the banks would have their own node
Then what is the point of Chainlink? The node selection is useless, the reputation is useless, the consensus is useless. Basically every single advantage of Chainlink is rendered useless if SWIFT wanted to operate this way.
They could just built this simplified version by themselves and avoid annoyances with the LINK tokens and gas fees.

>This is why -- if you had read the whitepaper -- a third of circulating Link is set aside for institutional node operators.
Institutional being the key word, there is nothing institutional about independent node operators, the word that came from Sergey's mouth.
35% of the tokens are reserved for all the node operators as an incentive probably before the network matures and becomes more self-sustainable and profitable to operate nodes only by client's usage fees.

>> No.9531645

>>9531125
Yeah, the thread is effectively over. One last time before it dies though:

The team has said there is no private repo for the consensus and validation code. We should take them at face value for that.

However, adviser Ari Jules is at Cornell and is one of their few blockchain guys. As such, I think we can conclude that he's part of Team Rocket, and from there it's a pretty simple inference that he's developing Avalanche et. all specifically for Chainlink:
"The authors, known only as “Team Rocket,” explain how the new protocol family can be used to “construct the core of an internet-scale electronic payment system,” which purportedly has been tested under experimental conditions to a throughput level of 1300 transactions per second, with four-second confirmation latency."
Think about how Assblaster described ICO -- one in name only. Similarly, this project is open source in name only, and the consensus code isn't in private repo only in technicality.

>> No.9531656

>>9531621

>Companies that are using the network are not independent operators that will bring decentralization, how can you be this retarded?

kek. your brain is made of literal shit pajeet.

>> No.9531680

>>9531621
Why do you insist on arguing about something when you clearly don't understand the most rudimentary elements of it?

>> No.9531703

>>9531680

ya this has to be shit tier FUD because nobody could possibly be this dumb.

>> No.9531717

>>9531656
That's the best you got, honey?
I wrote an entire post refuting every single of your deluded arguments and you couldn't come up with a single response but instead resort to ad hominem.
This is the average LINK bagholder, believing in memes and fairy tales.

>>9531680
>>9531703
Your posts is useless, you're supposed to tell me which parts are wrong so we can continue the discussion. Name calling gets you nowhere.

>> No.9531757
File: 225 KB, 640x1136, E1E52BFB-F6EC-48E5-9955-7D67676A2555.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9531353
I’m not sure if there’s a better source of this speculation but I just searched and found this on telegram. Basically, he’s being asked about the reputation system and answers but says it’s kind of abstract at this point. Image 1/3

>> No.9531759

>>9531717

you wrote an entire post of brainlet gibberish and everybody but you can see it for what it is. you're too deluded to reason with. you fail to understand the absolute basics of how Chainlink works so there's no point spoonfeeding you.

>> No.9531779
File: 225 KB, 640x1136, 25C4CFF3-FB0D-42BE-B8EB-C9F14E5DA13B.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9531757

>> No.9531782
File: 183 KB, 828x724, 1526220482039.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

$1000 EOY
>Pic related.

>> No.9531797

>>9531621

>For SWIFT to be using Chainlink, this means that all of the banks would have their own node
>Then what is the point of Chainlink? The node selection is useless, the reputation is useless, the consensus is useless. Basically every single advantage of Chainlink is rendered useless if SWIFT wanted to operate this way.

Chainlink is a NETWORK of decentralized oracles. SWIFT's nodes will not be the only nodes on the network. You clearly haven't even managed to grasp even the most elementary aspects of this project and yet here you are, posting in a high IQ Chainlink discussion without the faintest hint of self awareness.

>> No.9531806
File: 239 KB, 640x1136, 4C9EF4E7-5831-456E-BC40-16F50031266F.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9531779
3/3

>> No.9531837

>>9531621
"Then what is the point of Chainlink? The node selection is useless, the reputation is useless, the consensus is useless."

You seriously lack critical thinking. Please stop talking ffs

>> No.9531839
File: 236 KB, 640x1136, 47117162-092C-42CF-8ACF-59AA78558FE1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Another

>> No.9531878
File: 276 KB, 640x1136, 62741AB0-119F-4A96-9FA9-EF1DE7047D6E.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9531894

>>9531717
You're inventing new arguments and moving the goalposts every time you're given a new bit of information (which is frequently, given you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about), while simultaneously asking for more of that information.
In that, this discussion is useful for you, but not for anyone else. Read the fucking whitepaper.

>> No.9531944

>>9531839
Whats the date of those shots?

>> No.9531966

>>9531759
>you're too deluded to reason with
> you fail to understand the absolute basics of how Chainlink
HAHAHAHAHAH I hope this is bait, I asked you several times to provide source for your bullshit and you just say "lol DYOR read whitepaper bro XD".
Fucking subhuman linkie.

>>9531797
>Chainlink is a NETWORK of decentralized oracles.
Yes

>SWIFT's nodes will not be the only nodes on the network.
Yes

>You clearly haven't even managed to grasp even the most elementary aspects of this project and yet here you are
Dude I just agreed with you, I don't see the problem. Chainlink is a network and SWIFT nodes are not the only ones on that network. I don't understand how is this relevant to anything I wrote before?

My point was: If SWIFT will be using their own nodes for fetching data (centralized because they own them), what is the point of using Chainlink if they don't take the advantages that actually come from using the network like it was intended (random node selection, use those nodes to determine one truth to be written to the blockchain) ?
Might as well use Oraclize desu

>>9531837
lol, can you people come up with actual arguments?
Jeez, I have to reply to so many people yet there are no relevant arguments in sight.

>>9531894
Ok so no arguments from you either? Oh man, you're making me sad.

>> No.9531977

>>9531944
They vary. I’m just using the search function in tg and unfortunately the dates aren’t easily findable. I can’t be bothered to do more.

>> No.9532028

>>9531966
For the second time, SWIFT is not a singular entity.
You're leaning on this Molyneux garbage pretty heavy given that you, also, are not putting forth arguments -- there is no cohesion or rationality in sight. This is sophistry for its own sake. You're ignorance is such that you're arguing "but what if the car decided to use a horse?"
Go learn what SWIFT is, go read the whitepaper.
Fucking loser

>> No.9532038

>>9531839

Thanks for digging this up, anon.

>"Last I checked, we won't be using a private repo for the contract development."

Maybe I'm missing something here but Thomas seems to be saying they won't use a private repo for just the contract development, which would make sense because the contracts are mostly going to be created by companies/users anyways. It doesn't say anything about a private repo for the reputation and consensus code not existing.

>> No.9532042

>>9531966
you are worse than astrofag. you are becoming a cancer. Stop replying and go find a shallow puddle to drown yourself in.

>> No.9532089

>>9532028
But that's just a single example, and I already told you that it's a unique one because SWIFT is not a single bank.
Then I said OK, lets say this is true but then what's the point - no answer.
I asked what about other companies that don't operate like SWIFT - again, no answer.

The reason for my Molyneux garbage is because you people are twice as worse.
Muh $1000 EOY, muh Sergey will save us from wagecucking, muh connect the dots, muh 100 quadrillion API industry.
Never a single fucking solid fact that can confirm any of the rumors. You try to argue against this and you get called names, well fuck you too.

>>9532042
(You)

>> No.9532124

>>9532038
No problem and I agree. I think the claim that there is no private repo for the reputation and consensus elements are a bastardization of this. The other screen is posted with Rory talking about the Go repository is vague too. He’s not definitely saying that there aren’t other private repos.

>> No.9532127
File: 6 KB, 815x99, SE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9532038

>> No.9532164

>>9532127
Nice

>> No.9532166

>>9531966

>If SWIFT will be using their own nodes for fetching data (centralized because they own them), what is the point of using Chainlink if they don't take the advantages that actually come from using the network like it was intended (random node selection, use those nodes to determine one truth to be written to the blockchain) ?

The point of using Chainlink is that it can function as either a centralized oracle or a decentralized oracle network depending on how you decide to utilize it, so it innately offers far more value than any other oracle solution out there in the same way that a smart phone is both a phone and a computer with internet connection, so it innately has more value than a landline phone. If SWIFT has no use for decentralized oracles, they have that option with Chainlink, and if they do have a use for decentralized oracles, they have that option with Chainlink.

However, SWIFT unambiguously has a use for a decentralized oracle network because THEY'RE THE ONES WHO ASKED CHAINLINK TO DO A FUCKING POC IN THE FIRST PLACE.

>> No.9532186

>>9532127

Exactly, I don't see where this "no private repos" talk is coming from. It's gotta just be FUD.

>> No.9532203

>>9532089
> I was wrong about something but I changed my argument
> I was wrong about something so I changed my argument
> I was wrong about something but I changed my argument
This analysis, at least, is correct!

Earlier in the conversation you literally couldn't see how a SWIFT member bank could be a client and operator, which is one of the foundational backbones of the fucking token (you didn't even KNOW WHAT SWIFT WAS before that). Again, this conversation is useful to you because you're getting educated, but you're shitting up a thread specifically mentioned in the OP to be for people who KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT.

If you want to make fun of holders for relying on conjecture and memes and being optimistic go for it, but don't pretend for a fucking second that you know the first goddamn thing about this project, because your attempts have been genuinely embarrassing.

>> No.9532264
File: 143 KB, 378x272, Marko_the_taxdodger.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9532042
you know this turd burglar is only here to frustrate you and get you to discuss nonsense topics, right? his intent is to derail the thread and you let him.

>> No.9532353

>>9532089
damn dude, you have been repeatedly BTFO this entire thread, get some self awareness and read about the damn project holy shit

>> No.9532402

>>9532166
>However, SWIFT unambiguously has a use for a decentralized oracle network because THEY'RE THE ONES WHO ASKED CHAINLINK TO DO A FUCKING POC IN THE FIRST PLACE.
If SWIFT wanted to only communicate with their own nodes, then Chainlink didn't have to have an ICO (linkies like to say how LINK is a SWIFT project through and through). And if SWIFT's implementation would work like that, that'd be called a distributed oracle network, not decentralized.
Lets not forget PSD2 open banking which would make sense for public nodes to participate in the banking network.

>>9532203
>> I was wrong about something but I changed my argument
Nice strawman you faggot. I never said I was wrong. I said hypothetically lets say you're right, then why X and Y. And you had no answer for X and Y which invalidated your original argument.

>which is one of the foundational backbones of the fucking token
What does being client and operator have to do with the foundation of an ERC20 token?
I didn't get educated at all, all I see is delusion and larps that you cannot back up with real facts.
Let me know if you can provide a source for all of the bullshit you wasted my time with.

>>9532353
I don't know man, I don't see the BTFO part. All I see is lack of relevant arguments and ad hominem (btw you're doing it right now).
Talk about self awareness lol.

>> No.9532446

>>9532402

>If SWIFT wanted to only communicate with their own nodes, then Chainlink didn't have to have an ICO (linkies like to say how LINK is a SWIFT project through and through).

This is the last (You) I'm giving you. You are too far gone. I wish you the best of luck, seriously.

>> No.9532460

>>9532264
I know, I just like calling him a retard and a faggot, cuz he is. In a world full of lies, telling the truth can be a revolutionary act.

>> No.9532467

>>9532402
Just stop anon. This is not high IQ discussion. Breathe some fresh air. Meditate.

>> No.9532472

I've put about 3 months of my earnings into link.

If this project meets its aims then that's just great. If it doesn't, then for me those 3 months were more than worth the gamble to one day be financially independent (assuming adoption). I see peoples heartache over this project every day, just be fucking patient and see how it all unfolds.

Put in what you can, step away from it and get on with your life, your mind will thank you for it.

>> No.9532483

>>9530508
Sats

>> No.9532487

>>9532472
Wise words that I almost definitely will not follow.

>> No.9532501

>>9532402
> I never said I was wrong.
You're right! You implied it, however -- or at least a self-aware person would have implicitly. Three things you were wrong about in JUST your first post:
1. Clients WILL be among those running the network
2. It DOES make sense that they would need to stake before running the network
3. There IS time to implement the consensus code by september, assuming they use Avalanche et.all

And then, with each post, the list of things you were wrong about grows and grows. Here's yet another example:

> What does being client and operator have to do with the foundation of an ERC20 token?
IT'S NOT AN ERC20 TOKEN YOU FUCKING IDIOT! get OUT

>> No.9532507

>>9532460
he pretends to be retarded and you pretend to argue with a retard. it shouldn't be cathartic, it should be embarrassing. you need to stop.

>> No.9532516

Talking about anything in here except the private repo is for idiots.

>> No.9532532

>>9532487
If you own any crypto you are following those words kek

>> No.9532556

>>9532507
fuck off cunt, you don't get to tell me how to be. I'm not even arguing with him. I am simply calling him a retard/fag. This isn't an exercise in healthy socialization, this is fucking 4chan. If you cant handle the bantz, GO THE FUCK BACK TO PLEBBIT!!

>> No.9532559

>>9532487

Friend, I was in the same mindset as you, the constant shilling and fud leaves you both bipolar and apathetic to crypto in general. The wild dreams of making it and the horrible games the mind plays on you trying to convince you holding this coin is worthless.

At the end of it all, this is still a volatile space based (mostly, but not all) on speculation.

Its just money, there's infinitely more important things in life.

>> No.9532572

>>9530588
No sir, you're in violation of section 6-2 of the meme arrow guidelines, pleaae take another look through the fourchannel handbook to learn the proper meme arrow usage.

>> No.9532579

>>9529896
the bible? i was just sick in my mouth while selling 100k

>> No.9532581
File: 25 KB, 420x315, 1476984152969.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9532501
>1. Clients WILL be among those running the network
No proof

>2. It DOES make sense that they would need to stake before running the network
No proof, not that I even care about this

>3. There IS time to implement the consensus code by september, assuming they use Avalanche et.all
Highly speculative connect the dots bullshit

You wasted 3 hours of my life on delusions and wishful thinking, I'm out.

btw
>"The LINK token is an EIP20 token with additional ERC667 functionality."

>> No.9532601

>>9532559
Tell us more anon. You're a high IQ Chad it seems.

>> No.9532627

>>9532581
> No proof
There's a single-source document that details ALL OF THIS.
> CTRL+F "read the whitepaper" 5 results
All of this could have been avoided if you hadn't been retarded

>> No.9532653

>>9532627
>and a faggot.

This could have been avoided if you hadn't been retarded and a faggot.

>> No.9532660

>>9532653
Fair. I amend my previous post.

>> No.9532726

>>9532601

Not at all, but I feel that rationality and level headed discussion has escaped this board and its quite deflating to see what it has become these days.

I'd like to be impartial by stating that I own about 20k link.

I've been on this board since December 16, my biggest regret was not putting as much money in at the time as I could afford, but hindsight is 20/20. Perhaps some other anons can chime in but I feel like the shilling and fud of this coin has its similarities with ETH when it was a few dollars. That is not to say that Chainlink will explode in the same manner but I do have a gut feeling of similarity (that is not financial advice, just my opinion)

Theres not much more I can say regarding the technical aspects of Chainlink as I will admit that I'm am certainly no expert. I simply put my money where I feel it can grow and link is about 8% of my portfolio.

I genuinely hope you all make it, the world is unfair and I think a lot of you could do with a big break.

>> No.9532727

>>9532627
Why can't you just give us a page number so we can all read about it instead of replying to stupid FUD?

>> No.9532752

>>9532726
Hey, you should totally join the Chainlink unofficial Discord if you haven't. We need people like you. The link to join is on r/LINKTrader sidebar.

>> No.9532762

>>9532727
It's 38 pages long. 27, if you cut the bric-a-brac. There are pictures. 20k words tops. Are you kidding me?

>> No.9532767

>>9532726
Hey, thanks for this, anon. I've mostly stopped participating in LINK threads, even ones that encourage informative discussion such as this one. You can't say anything without an autistic attack of a reply anymore. I hope you make it as well.

>> No.9532803

>>9532762
That's not helping anon. I've read it months ago but I don't remember this part you're arguing about so I wanted to refresh my memory.

Seriously, you won't tell us the page? Then I'll really start to worry about this FUD.

>> No.9532900

>>9532752

Will do mate.

>>9532767

I think the problem is that people are so desperate to get out of their shitty lives and this in turn leads to aggression and hostility to any coin they do not own because it does not reaffirm their personal beliefs in said coin. I'm not blaming them, its just human nature, you want your horse to win the race. This does not cover organised shill and fud groups however, thats an entirely different beast.

Shit feelings towards others stems from having a shit life. I think its more important to focus on the betterment of yourselves and attempt to make your current life and situation better and perhaps the hostility wouldn't be so intense at times.

>> No.9532905

Im all in since oct but i feel like i still dont fully understand the concept.

But its ok i guess :)

>> No.9532920 [DELETED] 

>>9532905
How many do you hold marine?

>> No.9532947

>>9530055
Uh racist much?

>> No.9532969

>>9532803

>Then I'll really start to worry about this FUD.

Then just sell already.

Let's say someone here links you the page number and eases your worries for now. But what do you think you're going to do when LINK makes it up to $20 and then crashes to down to $7?

Find the strength within you to stop thinking about selling for the next five years at least, it's the only way you'll make it.

>> No.9532972
File: 22 KB, 485x443, ijj1aSW.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9532905
so chain link is new bitcorn built on ethereum platfrom

it's very very fast like million tx in half seconddd

mobius will provide smartcontracts for chainlink

>> No.9533086

>>9532969
We get strength from knowing that we can defeat any FUD. But when FUD goes unanswered then people start to worry.
This is what's happening here. If 10 guys here can't refute this FUD against one person then I know something's up and that it'll end up on the subreddit eventually where thodges will have to give some kind of a comment like it happened with previous FUD.
I went over the whitepaper several times in the past but I honestly don't remember anything about corporations running own nodes which makes me think that anon is lying. He can simply show us this piece of text and BTFO that FUDer.

>> No.9533138
File: 28 KB, 608x114, Screen Shot 2018-05-20 at 10.07.37 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9530770
Yeah bro no problem. I don't post publicly; I prefer anonymity, hence the private repo.

>> No.9533253

>>9529845
pasta from my link FUD file

In this presentation sergey literally FUDs his own future project: saying that it would be almost impossible to work out the node consensus model, and doubting whether digital tokens would provide an incentive. The LINK team haven't even started with the consensus code yet....
I think the 32m ico was just an easy cash grab opportunity that was too good to pass up on. Prob gonna bail on the project early 2019: 'sorry guys, we tried. honest'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2934&v=ytv8U0bejPA

around 1:13

>> No.9533288

Can we stop talking about this shitcoin at this point? It always has the biggest dumps in a bear market and the smallest increases in a bull market.

>> No.9533385

>>9533253
watch the last 3 mins of this video fellow linkies.
this should concern you

>> No.9533411

>>9533385
This was in February 2017. They have obviously found a solution since then. Weak FUD.

>> No.9533427

do you guys enjoy losing money on this coin while everything else moons?

>> No.9533463

>>9533411
If they have a solution, why are they saying it's mostly 'abstract' at the minute? Why launch an ico before they had a solution to this in the first place? They just didn't want to miss out on the ico frenzy and are HOPING they can solve it

>> No.9533465

>>9533427
>>9533253
>>9533385

I'm genuinely curious, what do you gain from these kinds of post?
You are spending your precious time to type this out, what is your intention? What do you gain from filling people with fud?

I think these are the questions link holders need to ask themselves.

>> No.9533481

>>9533465
Because i'm a bag holder too. And it's legit FUD

>> No.9533512

>>9533481
Where did they say it's mostly abstract that was recent?

>> No.9533550

>>9533253

1:28
Aleksey go ahead

What did he mean by this

>> No.9533577

FAT
A
T

>> No.9533594

>>9533550
Anon is talking about 01:01:13.

>> No.9533598

>>9533550
1:12:30

>> No.9533664

This is actually a good thread with nice arguments.

>> No.9533682

>>9530053
>A team member described what they're working on during Consensus last week and it sounded a lot like ChainLink

Do you have a link to this?

>> No.9533705

Sergey's application to patent 'SmartContract' got rejected a few days ago :(

He will now have to appeal

>> No.9533782

>>9533705
>tTj8
source?

>> No.9533877
File: 58 KB, 633x758, angry-feels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9533782
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn87727908&docId=OOA20180517065611#docIndex=0&page=1

>Registration is refused because the applied-for mark, SMARTCONTRACT, merely describes a feature of applicant’s amended goods and services.

>> No.9534104

>>9533877
How do folks here finds this sort of information amazes me.

>> No.9534153

>>9534104

It's pretty certain now that both Steve and Thomas are on here.

Also a search for 'smartcontract' probably brought this up.

>> No.9534208

>>9531353
Maybe they didn't make the consensus mechanism themselves, and outsorced it to "team rocket" so that there could be no question of the trustless. If they had made it in house there could be a (perceived) conflict of interest. If it's created by a neutral third party and integrated into the network then there is no conflict. So that's why there's a new private repo, because the mechanism was recently delivered

>> No.9534322

>>9532556
Yes I do Rebecca! You're trash, just as your stepdad tells you.

>> No.9534358

>>9533465

You seem chill. I’ve the same mindset. I have 85k LINK and have stopped replying in LINK threads for the most part, this being the exception. I’m too busy irl atm to participate to a worthwhile amount anyway. I agree with the just buy and forget though.

If it works out, fantastic. If not, wel hey I took the risk and made the decision to try and make it. The money is already gone to me desu. I’ll be the creator of my own wealth or misery, regardless.

Take care anon. I might join that discord if you are. Be nice to talk to some level headed anons once in a while.

>> No.9534414

>>9529865
trying to furnish my place, need to kit out my deck. ive also been trying to learn how to ride my motorcycle.
i've been keeping up at work but i haven't been putting that much effort into career advancement.

>> No.9534472

>>9533877
>>9534104
>to jannmoorhead@comcast.net
Fake news

>> No.9534519

>>9529865
im a 30 yo neet so jerking off to porn and thinking of joing the army

>> No.9534545

High IQ and ChainLink don't really go hand in hand. Aeternity is a much better project and is vastly superior.

>> No.9534585

>>9531071
>>And how could you possibly know this?
dodged that question huh?

>> No.9534662

>>9532726
Always good to see you around Riddle Anon

>> No.9534775

>>9534662

No riddles intended mate, just trying to say that one should take a passive investment stance with crypto. Its too easy to fall in the cycle of looking for breadcrumbs with every coin out there and trying to convince yourself that you're holding a winner.

>>9534358

As this anon said, just throw what you can on your pile and get on with life, your endless hours of research are not going to have any impact on Sergey and his vision. It will happen or it wont, have other options and plans.

>> No.9534862

>>9534775
You're bringing good content to biz mate. We need more of this. For everyone trying to come up with a plan b, I recommen looking into data science

>> No.9534957

Can we have one more meme thread? I don't have any good ones saved.

>> No.9534983

>>9530055
this
No doubt some smart Linkies, at least technically

Street smart? Social skills? etc
Absolutely retarded in that area, you guys are true snake oil buyers. You guys would pay a pajeet $400 for a psychic call.

Wake the fuck up, deluded fags

>> No.9535064

>>9533288
Lmao... Ur wrong on so many levels.

>> No.9535213

I'm off for the night but as a last bit of advice to not just link holders but everyone. Read The Intelligent Investor and then read it again. It may appear inapplicable to crypto as it was written many years ago. However, the fundamental message its trying to convey is timeless, human nature hasn't changed and this market is driven by humans.

We are all in it for the money but you cannot see the project and the market as one single entity, its all too easy to over analyse the price of link on a daily basis. If I had to be blunt, its my oppinion that the current price most definitely reflects where the project is at the moment, in its infancy.

Just an end note, this is all just my opinion and you should take great care with your finances. Be good to people and try to think with reason and not emotion.

>> No.9535392 [DELETED] 

>>9532972
rocks are safe

>> No.9535450

>>9533253
wait why does it say smartcontractS.com in the title and on the presentation from sergey?
did they cut the S at some point?

>> No.9535469
File: 12 KB, 401x376, whois.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9535450

>> No.9535635

>>9530121
Who the fuck are you? Newfags need to learn to lurk more and talk less.

>> No.9535718

>>9532581
dude just fuck off.

>> No.9535761

>>9534983
Just curious, what exactly makes you think Link is a scam?

>> No.9535763

>>9534983
> You are retarded, thus your investment is retarded.

Nice, sound argumentation you got there brainlet.

>> No.9535787

80 IQ - BTC
90 IQ - LINK
100 IQ - ETH
110 IQ - HOLO
120 IQ - PAL
130 IQ+ - not in crypto

>>9529865
no you're not you're shiteposting on /biz/ you fucking subhuman

>> No.9535968

>>9535787
this is unironically retard-sub-75 IQ level pajeetery.

>> No.9535997
File: 75 KB, 800x600, 1426631431183.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>linklets only now finding out about private repo
Can you be any more of whale food?

>> No.9536049

>>9529845
if this is a high IQ discussion, then sergey can't participate because he is a proven simpleton that doesn't know tech.

>> No.9536132

>>9535787
>>9535787
130-132 iq not in crypto
133+ IQ - WAU Coin since january up 300%

>> No.9536576
File: 149 KB, 894x882, this.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

for those who dont know

>> No.9536612

>>9534208
I’m pretty sure the consensus mechanism required for a decentralised oracle network, which is required to generate a deterministic answer from a set of basically synchronous but potentially varied inputs is a totally different problem than blockchain consensus, which is about setting economic incentives to produce finality quickly and produce a canonical chain in the presence of asynchronous inputs and byzantine nodes.

which is to say, I seriously doubt Avalance or Team Rocket has anything to do with whatever the chainlink consensus contract looks like, which is just going to be a big-ass solidity contract.

>> No.9536634

>>9536576
Yo thanks

>> No.9536675

also, banks will need to run nodes with adapters to accept legacy payment commands. the same node could also accept external jobs but it’s not necessary.

>> No.9536755

>>9536634

>> No.9536901

>>9536576
Thanks man

>> No.9537002

>>9532581
16 posts now and you’ve been thoroughly destroyed after each one
>stop posting kid

>> No.9537100
File: 92 KB, 750x403, 8C562C3F-99C6-4FE2-B949-4E1B9F88AB9D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have a bump

>> No.9537679

>>9537100
Checked.

Private repo confirmed. Notice how he toed around

>> No.9537693

>>9537100
link 1k eoy confirmed

>> No.9537719

>>9537100
oh shiiiiit niggas

>> No.9537752

>>9537100
Man these guys are tight lipped

>> No.9537783

>>9537752
they know their fucking shit...they have to use legal methods of stating information appropriately without violating NDAs or giving out too much info as to what they are doing. this is insane.

>> No.9537789

>>9532726
Nice FUD faggot

LINK 1000 EOY

>> No.9537798
File: 211 KB, 1200x1532, 1522341311330.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I mean...saying "may" use..why not just tell us they are. biz is gonna see some shit soon.

>> No.9537814

>>9537783
>literally nothing happening
>thus literally nothing to say
>"huur it's all Ndas!"
Lol crypto babbies never fail to amuse

>> No.9537821
File: 28 KB, 256x256, b-button-blood-type.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9537941
File: 289 KB, 900x675, linkularity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9532726
>I feel that rationality and level headed discussion has escaped this board
Absolutely. The FUD has got SUPER stupid in the last two weeks or so. It was always sort of stupid in a funny way, but it's gone totally braindamaged.