[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 274 KB, 934x767, b8ZgY4-7K0M52Uu1JclniCi8TBjNEgTglc_FjQs2HyY.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9441949 No.9441949 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone here ever made any kind of website as a business?
I assume you were probably able to make it yourself, but how did you make it look nice? Did you hire a design firm? Freelancers? Fulltime designer?

>> No.9441963

just buy a template OP. $50 gets you a pro looking design that would have cost you thousands to have designed and coded buy competent designers/front end devs.

>> No.9441985

>>9441963
Can't do that with a fully custom web platform unfortunately.

>> No.9442128
File: 51 KB, 657x527, 1522728432865.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I saw this one rapper on Instagram promote a new webstore which was giving away ''free'' jewellery as part of their grand opening. Essentially you could pick up any item for free and all you had to do was pay for shipping. The options were rings, necklaces, watches and other shit that the hip hop community loves. It seemed like a scam and sure enough when I checked out eBay for the cheapest jewellery, I found the same items with the same pictures even, and instead of being worth hundreds of dollars like the website claimed, pretty much all of the items were worth less that 10$. In order to get a free item all you had to do was pay for its shipping which was about 20$ for every item. Seemed like a decent way to scam niggers legally

>> No.9442206

>>9442128
Damn that's brilliant. Why cant I come up with any good scams.

>> No.9442443

>>9442206
Go into the bathroom, look in the mirror and take a note of what colour skin you have. I'm not sure, but from your symptoms it sounds like you might be white.

>> No.9442539

just copy paste css from sites that look good

>> No.9442892

>>9441949
I twice took part in "startups" that literary hired (for a % of future company lol) people from the local uni, second time it even got invited for a meeting with an actual, non-affiliated investor... but both times ended in fiasco and I don't really recommend going in with students if it's your first/second attempt at startup - you need more experience to guide unexpired people.

If you just need it to look no-shit just use bootstrap or any free template for it, Normies won't see a difference and you can always explain it to investors etc by saying you prioritize getting MVP out fast and testing it with users before spending resources on branding.... Optionally you could spend about $30 on a premade template/theme on themeforest or other market and customize color theme, but be advised many of them do took pretty but may hide some technical ugliness below it.