[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 40 KB, 381x353, 1525630058643.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9404307 No.9404307 [Reply] [Original]

Bitcoin Core is no longer adhering to the original vision of the Bitcoin white paper. Bitcoin Cash is. Therefore, logic indicates that Bitcoin Core is not the real Bitcoin.

>> No.9404326

B-but Satoshi said miners wouldn't attack the network, no?

>> No.9404368

Roger fat fingered a transaction and doxxed the guy who received it. So much for descentralization.

>> No.9404571
File: 57 KB, 628x492, be cash.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9404576

>>9404368
I dont think you know what centralisation is at all

>> No.9404580

>>9404576
You have a CEO that likes to act as a all seeing eye god. Bitcoin has no CEO. Easy choice.

>> No.9404665

>>9404580
BCH has about 6 independent teams developing it.

BTC has one team commanding the development. Thats why it keeps forking, dipshit. Your dev teams have been exiled by the blockstream monolith which now OWNS BTC.

>> No.9404705

>>9404307
btc is bitcoin, gender is sex. get over it.

>> No.9404715

Truth is Bitcoin doesn't exist anymore. There is Bcore and Bcash, neither is Bitcoin. If you believe in Satoshi's vision you should look into Holochain.

>> No.9405534
File: 42 KB, 643x452, verbtfobybro.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

it's unfortunate that both sides are fucked. btc and bch are both ruined garbage tokens.

>> No.9405574

>>9404368
How did he dox him?

>> No.9405580

>>9404307
>a labrador is no longer a wolf
>ergo a persian cat is a wolf

>> No.9405665

as per the bitcoin whitepaper, the valid chain is the one with the higher accumulated proof-of-work
bcore may not be satoshi's vision but it is bitcoin by satoshi's definition

ultimately, the bitcoin experiment ended when blockstream successfully censored XT. what remains is groups of low value people greedily fighting for their claim to a hypothetical fiat value, with a mediocrity characteristic of individuals who will never change the world positively
there's no good guys left in bitcoin

>> No.9405676

Bitcoin: 1Mb per block
1 block per 10 minutes
51k blocks per year, 51Gb per year
in 5 years the blockchain size is 250Gb
transactions compressed: 1 transaction does not mean 1 single transaction
running a node is still cheap. Currently 10k nodes running
Direct transactions on the blockchain are still availiable - a true peer to peer cash system

BCash: for example 32Megabyte blocksize (inb4 not a problem because ironically if nobody uses BCash this can't be a problem)
in only 5 years the blockchain size is 8Tb
shills say LN is bad, Segwit is bad, there is now literally NO solution that allows compressing transactions
BCash storage problems will push BCash to centralization
BCash is now a centralized and expensive p2p Bitcoin fork

>> No.9405719

>>9405534
I don't give the last fuck about the Core vs. Cash debate, but this twitter post is retarded. The two chains share the history from before the fork - it's not the case that the hashpower that has been put into creating the chain "is that of Bitcoin Core now". Even if Cash is the fork part that can be identified as the one that has split off, it's not as if the the history belongs to either and not the other.

>> No.9405791

>>9404326
In all honesty this kind of raises a good point. There are two potential narratives depending on your opinion.
1) miners vastly prefer a different path than they're presently on, but are willing to mine the btc chain in light of the attitude that the rest of the ecosystem has taken towards its attributes.
2) miners are actively mining a chain they know isn't the real bitcoin because it's more profitable to do that and dump what they mine as soon as they can for what is the real bitcoin in their view. They know the majority has been fooled and instead of nullifying the deception by refusing to mine that chain, they are cynically exploiting the ignorance of the majority to increase their rewards in the real chain, knowing the fake chain will eventually collapse.
Neither of these options are particularly attractive desu. And option two seems enormously more likely based on all the evidence.

>> No.9405870

>>9405665
I was around when xt was happening and at the time just didn't care because we weren't near the scale ceiling and it seemed premature to pay the cost of splitting the chain just because the core devs had some idiotic ideas I couldn't imagine they'd actually double down on when that ceiling actually came close to being hit.
I think that's really the impetus it had to take to get those of us who just thought it was a stupid pointless nerd fight rather than actual deep state sabotage to take it seriously; to see they would honestly drive the ship right into the ground rather than admit the simple and obvious fact that they were wrong.
Now everyone in the BCH camp knows Gavin and Mike were right all along, and bch is up over ten times more than btc since the fork.
I think we're going to win. It was a bloody war with ugly casualties, but I don't see them taking it at this stage.