[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 37 KB, 400x300, dem stacks doe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
939845 No.939845 [Reply] [Original]

Hey biz

I’m going to document my journey as I try to make 20,000 USD in 30 days.

I was inspired by the other Anon who posted his thread and decided I would make my own. Now before I go any further in detailing my plan for this thread or my method of making the 20,000 I’d like to rebuke some statements I know I’ll be receiving in the incoming replies.

“We don’t need these shitty threads to spam our board faggot, 4chan isn’t your personal blog”

And you’re right, sort of. I am not spamming, this is merely an “experiment” that I hope will spice up this board a bit. Most posts on this board consists of the following threads.

“How do I get rich?”

“Is college a scam?”

“How do I get into an ivy league uni with my 2.0 GPA”

“Memecoin to the moon”

“Should have majored in STEM”

You get the picture. This board is quite redundant and most of these questions should have been addressed in the poorly maintained sticky. (Why the fuck don’t we have a proper book list?)

So what am I bringing to this board?

Motivation, I hope, or proof to you lazy NEETs there is no money to be made out there. We will see what my bank account looks like at the end of the 30 days.

>> No.939847

After taxes it will be shit nothing lol.

>> No.939848

>>939845
Is it easier for me to use green text to organize my text?

Sorry I don't post often on this site more of a lurker.

>> No.939854

>>939847
Doesn't really deter me, I'm dead set on trying to accomplish this and want to share the experience with fellow anons.

>> No.939857

Steal a 20k car. Done. Why do you need a whole 30 days for this anon?

>> No.939861
File: 93 KB, 540x523, fR6bkEF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>939845

>> No.939862

>>939857
I work better with tight timelines and lofty goals.

Need to bring some excitement to my life.

>> No.939863

So what is your plan?

>> No.939875

So tell us, what will you do to make 20k in just one month.

>> No.939877

>>939862
Alright anon, you've certainly caught my attention. what've ya got?

>> No.939883
File: 237 KB, 600x357, stacks nigga.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Now let’s talk about making money!

The overall business plan is to sell Web design, SEO, and social media marketing services.

I’m not really a “designer” but I understand enough to get by and I will be utilizing templates. Any custom adjustments I should be able to handle, if I can't I’ll just outsource those portions to those who can that charge a decent price I.E college students.

My main focus will not be on the product per say I will be targeting a demographic that will just need basic homepages with very minor “features”.

Day zero Objectives:
>Build website
>Proofread site and make adjustments to copy
>Build a list of 700 businesses to call for day one
>Write sales script
>Write email template
>Purchase web templates to show clients (small budget 60 bucks)

Ideas for later sales once I have money:
>Purchase 50 dollar tablets and install templates on them and mail to clients
>Handwrite a sales letter
Once the client receives the tablet and sees the templates I receive an email alerting me to the client opening the sites. I call them the next day offering my services.

If I’m missing anything guys let me know. Day one will be just me calling all day trying to make some sales.

>> No.939887

>>939883
Jut don't spend it all in one place anon.

>> No.939889

>>939887
Spend what?

>> No.939893

>>939883
This could actually work, anon. I approve.

>> No.939897

>>939883
What's your starting bank account at?

>> No.939902
File: 521 KB, 620x351, Mah nigga.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I'm going to spend the next couple hours building the call list. Then I'll work on the site.

The reason I'm doing it in this order is because I want to frame my site in a certain light. In example let's say 50 percent of my customers are southern plumbers, I'll keep my design simple and my descriptions brief and to the point and use language that fits their "culture" along with images related to the region to make them feel more "warm".

Plan on working till till around 4pm then take a quick lunch break and then work until 10PM.

I will be watching the GOP Debate though so who knows how focused I'll be around 7-9 but I hope to have the site done by then and just working more on my list so it shouldn't be a problem.

>> No.939909

>>939897
I have 60 dollars on a theme site and nine dollars on my debit card.

Already bought the hosting and the domain earlier and have skype credits so I'm good on everything as far as I can see. Also registered my business with the state so everything should be legal.

Not to worried about the cash though if I run into a issue, the first sale should cover anything I need in the future.

>> No.939912
File: 1.72 MB, 300x225, 1445903646149.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Godspeed, anon.

>> No.939930

Awesome, good luck.

I wish I had the cojones to just jump in like that without knowing everything.

>> No.939935

>>939909
This is very intriguing, Do you know coding or have you watched tutorials that will help you on your journey?

>> No.939949
File: 11 KB, 511x177, logo_codecademy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>939935
Tutorials and google.

>> No.939956

God damn it, anon. My wife has an associate's degree in web design and I've been trying to get her to do this exact plan for years now. Please succeed tremendously so that I can rub your success in her face to maybe light a fire under her ass.

>> No.939957

>>939949
Well i'll be monitoring this thread to see the journey

>> No.940087

>>939957
BUMPING FOR INTEREST

>> No.940089
File: 27 KB, 300x300, 1999_Joey_Badass.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Building lists takes quite a long time....

Taking a quick lunch break. I'll be back later tonight during the Debate. Going to spend the rest of the time before then working on the site.

So many poorly designed sites, I feel like I time traveled back to 1999.

>> No.940092

>>939845
Lucking. Good luck anon

>> No.940098

what businesses are you focusing on? Like restaurants and things of that nature?

>> No.940112

>>940098
>what businesses are you focusing on? Like restaurants and things of that nature?

Service type industries towing, salons, independent massage parlors, makeup artists, ect.

I'm thinking during the weekend I might call up a bunch of wedding planners and offer to partner with them. Any sales they can make on my sites they split 50/50 with me. Since things related to weddings are quite inflated I bet I can bring in at least a few grand from that assuming I contact 1000 planners and maybe 10 or some from that 1000 are interested. Of course the numbers may be higher or lower.

>> No.940124

>>940112
considering doing something like this myself actually, how much do you charge per website done?

>> No.940132
File: 20 KB, 500x281, shun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>940124
>considering doing something like this myself actually, how much do you charge per website done?

I'm feeling my clients out. If I feel the client can afford 2k+ I'll sell it for that. If I feel the client can only pay 500-800 I'll do it for that price as well.

It's all about the reads. I'm not spending much time working on the sites and I'm not going to walk away from money. This is just a simple sales game.

>> No.940135

>>940112
which tutorials/sites would you recommend to someone who is completly new to web design? I know some basic shit about some CMS and CSS, but thats it. But I would like to do it similar to you, just dont know where to start

>> No.940149

>>940135
You could try sucking your moms dick and wish for the ability to make websites right before she jizz's all over your face

>> No.940152

>>940149
already tried that, didnt work out

>> No.940153

>>940132
Hey OP, gj on you for trying to improve your life.
I am a professional engineer and hope you do well.
Let me give you some tips:

1. You can mock out a page very quickly on codepen.io
2. You can host a low traffic node.js or sinatra/rails page on heroku for free

>> No.940154
File: 150 KB, 1024x768, SteveJobs2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>940135
Dude you know as much as me right now, in fact more. WTF is CMS? Just get on the phone and call people and sound confident.

In my experience most businesses don't even have everything as fully fleshed out as you think they do. But if you act like you know your stuff and are able to sell them on the need for your product you will be able to make money no matter what you're selling.

I have zero experience in web design, never tried to sell a site in my life but I feel that it doesn't really matter. As long as I act the part I will sell sell sell. The only thing holding me back is my self doubt. Once you get past that the money will COME.

Look at steve jobs.... Man didn't know shit about computers but was able to build the biggest empire of tech due to his amazing ability to never give up and to sell sell sell.

Who cares if 1000 people say no to me when all I need is one yes to make a couple thousand dollars?

>> No.940162
File: 18 KB, 539x300, faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>940153
>codepen.io
Holy crap, you're a god.

I was going to email pdf screen shots of the sites, so they wouldn't even be interactive. This will help increase my sales.

Thank you very much.

>>940149
Hey fuck off? Why do you have to shit on a dude trying to better himself? Go kill yourself dickhead the earth doesn't need more of you degenerate assholes wasting our finite resources.

>> No.940163

>>940154
CMS=content management system. we worked with contao in some uni classes. well at least you created some websites which look decent (i guess?). where did you start

>> No.940173

>>940162
No problem dude, let me know if you need help/explanations/whatever, also you can add me on a chat thing if you like
te le olur ian at gmail

>> No.940180

>>940163
I'm using templates....

I can use bootstrap and a couple of JS frameworks, I'm not a pro by any means, just enough to pass....

>> No.940186

>>940180
so you use free templates (or dont know, 5$ templates) and resell them to companies for 100$?

>> No.940219

>>940180
>>940186
Aren't there legal risks with that?

>> No.940223

>>940219
depends on the license for the templates
some of them are GPL or MIT and you're g2g

>> No.940236

>>940219
No, I am buying and altering the templates on my client behalf.
Nothing illegal about it as long as I buy a new license with each template I use for my clients.

>> No.940239
File: 1.35 MB, 450x243, Rubbing hands.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>940219
Also Bootstrap and AngularJS are MIT. So I don't have to pay a damn thing.

>> No.940248

>>940239
I don't do this stuff because I'm lazy (good on you for doing something, though, good luck!), but wouldn't something like Joomla (or Wordpress) be the easiest way to create these websites? You can still edit all the elements, but you can slap the main thing together rather quickly, and add stuff like logins and whatever easily (picture galliers and so on).

>> No.940263

>>940248
>I don't do this stuff because I'm lazy (good on you for doing something, though, good luck!), but wouldn't something like Joomla (or Wordpress) be the easiest way to create these websites? You can still edit all the elements, but you can slap the main thing together rather quickly, and add stuff like logins and whatever easily (picture galliers and so on).

Yeah the plan is to buy some wordpress layouts once I make my first sale.

The reason why I'm using the cheaper HTML/CSS templates is due to my lack of funds right now. (only working with 60 bucks on a theme site)

Pretty much I'm thugging it out until that first sale which should then give me enough capital to pay Indian workers to do the list building and also to build the wordpress sites once I make the sales.

So in the end all I do is sell and nothing else.

>> No.940269

>>940263
Oh yeah and beyond the 30 day scope I hope to take this 20,000 and fly out to bootstrap a small Indian Web shop and hire American salesmen. Estinally building a web design factory....

I know this all sounds crazy but I have to work with crazy goals in my head or I cant be bothered to even try..... I'm a crazy guy.

>> No.940270

>>940263
your margins are gonna be retarded low if you do that, not gonna lie. if at all possible do them yourself

>> No.940277

Where do you find Indian slave labor OP?

>> No.940287
File: 1.38 MB, 294x350, 1442488298368.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>939845

Hey op good luck I've been stuck at step one for six months dealing with school and fear etc. What do you sell your self as? A web designer? Web consultant? I've been fretting about how to come across I suppose.
May Trump bless your journey!

>> No.940295

>>940287
Hey bud, the fear you feel will dissipate by the 10th call. Just gotta get over that shit. Fear will fuck your entire life up if you let it.

I'm working on my sales script later tonight but I think saying web "engineering" and working from a more expert angle will work a lot better than saying "web designer".

Engineer has more of a kick, a designer sounds more like a snotty kid who smokes pot and clicks around in Photoshop.

The reason I'm using the word engineer is to try to limit the amount of "I can have my son make my website for me..." Type responses.

Also I'll introduce myself as the "founder" who has a decade of "web" experience under his belt.

>> No.940307
File: 15 KB, 460x296, dats it mane.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Day Zero Update:
>Website layout and general descriptions done.
Needing to get this proofread.... Gonna ask my mother to help me with this.

>Call list 250..
FUCK THIS SHIT IS TAKING SO DAMN LONG.

>Web templates
Will purchase these after I get my first sale. I'll send my customer 3 options so I have to make sure these fit his "frame"

>Email Templates
Not even sure I really need these. If I finish working on my site I'll just whip up a rough draft. I should focus more time on the sales script though.

Overall I'm off to a decent start... Gotta go pick up my little brother and then make him some dinner. Be back to work in an hour or so.

Plan on putting in another 6 or so hours.

I'll be walking up around 5AM tomorrow to finish working on the call script and I have to prepare for the sales(lots and lots of practicing the script, making sure I sound natural and overall confident.)

Might be last post for the night, got so much shit on my plate.

>> No.940308

>>940307
Good luck anon. I'm also following this thread now as I plan to do something similar.

>> No.940320
File: 242 KB, 399x305, be8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>940295
Hey OP, i'm new to /biz, and reading this thread, /biz has allready become my new favorite board!
I'm a Norwegian, so to be frank i dont really know wether this applies to the US, but in Norway there are so called "protected worktitles", and here engineer is one of them. Thus, calling yourself an engineer without an actual engineering degree is considered fraud.
Just wanted to help, although i probably didnt ;) Either way, best of luck to you OP!

>> No.940324

>>940320
Hey Norwayfriend, in the US there's no restriction to calling yourself an engineer, and you can get a job based on merit instead of with a degree (as I did).

If I were in OPs position, I would say "web design", because what he's doing isn't really engineering. But mostly I just want him to succeed and he's not breaking any laws, so w/e

>> No.940326

>>940307
God speed, anon. Enjoy the debate.

>> No.940327

>>939845
Neat plan anon can you please post your journey on like a blog site so I can read it and have it saved ?

>> No.940344

>>940307
OP can you show as an example website you are thinking of? Is it a one pager or a site with lots of subpages?

>> No.940354

>>939845
>this is merely an “experiment”
Fuck off 4chan is not your personal blog

>> No.940415
File: 449 KB, 500x281, fuck_off.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>940354
While technically true, peeps are showing a fair amount of interest, so...

>> No.940495

Great thread.

OP please post your sales script when you are done with it I am really interested and maybe I can help you with something I have some experience, also please post some screenshots of the webs when you get some clients.

>> No.940882
File: 8 KB, 225x225, maxo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Day One - bank total: $0.00 USD

Woke up a pretty early to finish all the work. Extremely relaxed for some reason, feel like I smoked pot but have a super clear mind…. Good signs.

Morning Objectives:

>Finish site completely
Get files uploaded to server

>Finish sales script
Most important task for this morning work session

>Continue working on call list
This shit takes so long…. Not sure why. Cant wait till I hire someone to do this shit for me.

Overall this should be a pretty productive morning. Calling starts around 8:30 so I need to stay focused. Will post sales goals around 8:20, taking a break around then.

Today’s grind music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kR-w_cmctk

>> No.940890

>>940882

What's your target price for the service?

Honestly I would have gone for a 90 day period. Just from a time management perspective, calling 700 businesses in 30 days is pretty ridiculous.

If we say you can sell your service for $200 (because I don't think you can ask for much more, esp. with those clients) that's at least 100 web designs you have to deliver in like 25 days. That's not even including the costs.

>> No.940891

>>940890
700 a day.

500-2750

>> No.940892

>>940891

Oh well you're gonna fail. You said your target clients were "Service type industries towing, salons, independent massage parlors, makeup artists, ect."

Do you really think they have that kind of money to pay for a web design template?

>> No.940938

confused. why the hell would people pay so much for a site? there are places you can create sites for free, and have them hosted for free.

where are your sites going to be hosted? they need at the very least a vps, which will need to be paid for all the time the sites are active. you'd either need to just chuck the customer a bunch of code and tell them to host it themselves, or have them pay you a monthly hosting fee. you'd also have to admin all of the sites, or the moment something goes wrong, they'll be expecting you to fix it.

>> No.940940

>>940938
Pls answer this.
If I understood correctly you want to sell this shit to small businesses, right?

Why the fuck would they buy just the design from you? I'd imagine they want to just have a usable site not a bunch of code/webdesign to host themselves.

>> No.940948

>>940938
People have no interest or time to invest in building a site. Especially when you can throw some money at a professional who can do it better. And people cost a lot of money.

>> No.940965

>>940948
some pros will design and host basic sites for like $10 + $3 month hosting. just can't see why anyone would pay so much more, and still dont understand who's responsible for the hosting and server admin.

>> No.940972

>>940882
how are you finding these businesses to call?

>> No.940999

>>939845
This might seem like a dumb question but how did you collect the info for 700 cold calls?

>> No.941062

It's 8:45 just polishing up the script and practicing it a few times and then its off to make calls.

>> No.941072

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.941076

>>941072
glad I wasn't the only one laughing at this autist

>> No.941086

>>941062
Post pics of physical work you are doing.
Show this script.

>> No.941177

>>941086
this

>> No.941240

>>940938
>>940940

I don't think OP will have any success but from what I understood he basically tries to sell web design to stupid people.

I think OP is just looking for small business or shops that already have a basic website and sell them "professional web design". Think about a hair dresser with a crappy website that basically contains their prices and contact info.

OP's "service" than consists of applying some pre-made design templates he got for free or very cheap and put in the information.

As I said earlier I do actually think this idea could work on a small scale because I know enough people who own a small shop and have no idea about any of this and i could see them paying up to $200 for a service like this.

But of course OP is bat shit insane and thinks people will pay him at least $700 and up to $2500.

>> No.941264

>>941240
700-2500 isn't unrealistic for sites with some functionality; i.e. embedded video, user accounts, scheduling, custom forms are things that users ask for. I once wrote a traffic school site that had some pretty elaborate timer stuff going on.

A vanity/storefront page for $700 is a bit high though.

>> No.941267

>>941072
>>941076
>>941240
>>940965
>>940940

Go back to your stock trading.

Why are any of you on a biz board? Clearly, none of you have ever ran a fucking business. I do own two small service businesses and am friends with others in similar industries thru the local BNI group. OP is doing the basics of business. Finding a need and filling it. Not everyone gives a shit about the cheapest price nor do some people want to fuck with building their own site. There are hundreds of large, expensive web design firms that charge exorbitant amounts because people will pay.

Also, small business does not always entail 1 man show. By federal definitions many small businesses can be between 100-1500 employees with up to $150 million in revenue depending on the industry. So no, not every small shop will want his services, but they'll say no. Do you think $500-2000 is a drop in the bucket to most businesses and that's who he can target.

>>939845
Godspeed OP, don't let people who've clearly never tried deter from this. If you fail, then you've earned your entrepreneur status. Most can't muster the courage to try and fail. I'll be watching for your results.

>> No.941287

>>941267

You got to be trolling right?

>small businesses can be between 100-1500 employees with up to $150 million in revenue

Do you really think a business with $150M in revenue and 1500 employees needs OP to sell them a free template for an exorbitant price?

>Clearly, none of you have ever ran a fucking business.

Actually I do, I know the prices for a decent website, I still think OP is ridiculous.

>> No.941296

>>941287
The company i work for has 18 employees and does 11mil a year and our website looks like shit.

>> No.941301

>>941296
Is it a vital part of business structure? Get a professional to set it up for you.

Is it just used for contact information? Get squarespace or something similar that offers pre-made design templates.

>> No.941314

$20k in 30 days selling web design? No, not going to happen.

A suggestion though, always have them sign contracts. Trust me, not doing that will burn you hard.

>> No.941320

>>941287
You obviously missed the point.

When people sit and say, "Who would pay that?" they clearly don't understand that not all small businesses have zero extra to spend. The OP wouldn't likely have a chance at securing that size of a business but there is a lot in between that size that could, would and do spend money on someone like OP.

>Actually I do, I know the prices for a decent website, I still think OP is ridiculous.

Well, my apologies anon. Not all business owners are as thrifty/saavy/care as much as you however and there is a market for what he is doing. Just because we wouldn't doesn't mean there aren't those that wouldn't.

Let's not forget people have bought Pet Rocks and Bags of Shit to send to their friends..

>> No.941333

>>941320
Those businesses that can pay that much for what basically would be a contact info website would either hire a professional to do the job or know they can get something exactly the same for far cheaper.

What's the target customer you have in mind? I honestly can't think of any.

>> No.941335

>>941296
Job pls

>> No.941345

>>941314
seconded for this

>> No.941349

>>939845

good luck mane, I've been trying to accomplish $200 to $200k in 3 months for the past 2 months and it looks like I'll need another 3.

i ran into some legal hurdles, but with 100 hour weeks 20k in development sound reasonably ambitious.

>> No.941604

>>941267
Obviously you missed my point here
>>940940
completely, retard

>> No.941681

Bump

>> No.941717

any updates? Gl OP

>> No.941741

Honestly so proud of you OP. Literally 0.01% of the retards on this board have the balls or drive to do anything close to what you're doing.

>> No.941854

>>941741
I think it's more a matter of time. I'll spend 5 minutes a day shitposting, but I make enough money that I don't need to hustle for more. But yeah, OP go hustle. Life is what it is, keep it up.

>> No.941878

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I think many of you are missing what OP is trying to do. He has seen a problem and is going about his way to fix it. He isn't selling them a template, he is selling them his service of a fully hosted, ready to roll out website for their company, not just throwing them a bunch of code and saying have fun! I believe the way he is going about it, is finding businesses already that have websites, but are utter crap, thrown together quickly and the appeal isn't there. This is his many selling point, to attract more customers.

If his sales tactics go right, I think this is plausable. You fail to plan, you plan to fail. OP has set a benchmark target of what he wants to achieve. Where this is achievable or not, depends on how dedicated and how many man hours he is willing to put in.

I run a pub and my site is absolutely shit house, but I don't have the time to sit there and make a site, I have more important things to do. I have sourced quotes etc from over 10 designers and none have come under $3000(australian). All I want is a homepage with about sections, what's on etc. Nothing crazy. So as far as your sales, I believe you are on point there and fair with what you are offering.

I will be watching to see how this all develops. Good luck OP! I might hit you up for a site ;)

>> No.942235

>>941878

OP hasn't been completely open about what services he will offer, he hasn't said anything about hosting either.

Here is what he said:

>The overall business plan is to sell Web design, SEO, and social media marketing services.

>I’m not really a “designer” but I understand enough to get by and I will be utilizing templates. Any custom adjustments I should be able to handle, if I can't I’ll just outsource those portions to those who can that charge a decent price I.E college students.

>My main focus will not be on the product per say I will be targeting a demographic that will just need basic homepages with very minor “features”.

So he says he is not a web developer and his skills are limited to basically using web templates and basic html/CSS for adjustments. He hasn't said anything about "SEO, and social media marketing services".

OP also said he basically has to make one sale per day. Now what service could he possibly offer that he could complete in one day?

>> No.942871

is OP a fag or what

>> No.942903

Actual web developer here. (with real coding experience: html, css, php, javascript, jquery, json, sql, objective-c, swift)

You are on the right track, OP, but are making a lot of assumptions because your lack of knowledge and experience. One thing I will agree with is that it is possible to create a business out of basic web design but not to the extent that you imagine. You would be surprised how savvy most of your client base is and how little the majority will pay for a basic web site. Even the tech illiterate know that it is super cheap and easy to use basic templates or a service like Wix or Weebly for a small fee to get a site up and running. A buddy of mine who graduated with a bachelors degree in web design from a trade school finds it incredibly hard to find freelance work that pays well. Reason? Tech schools push out so many web designers that they have become a dime a dozen and they flooded the market doing exactly what you are attempting to do. Small businesses are already inundated with tons of sales calls from fresh college grads offering the same service for much much less.

Any small business that does not do the most basic of research or shopping around when tasking someone to do their website deserves not to be in business. Although you seem to be geared towards sales, you seem to lack any real web design (and no web development) skills. So maybe that is what you should do. Team up with someone who actually does design and build websites for a living and you handle the sales and commission them out and take a small percentage off the top. I hate to tell you though, but you are going to make very limited sales and profit off of basic sites. You need at least some type of extra functionality or customization to justify charging any more than a hundred bucks.

>> No.942905

>>942903
>Tech schools push out so many web designers that they have become a dime a dozen and they flooded the market

In your opinion, which skill market isn't flooded?

>> No.942928

>>942905

not the web developer guy but

That's the tricky part. It's not about which skill market isn't flooded. It's about finding a novel way to do something that's already there and milking that until other people catch on. (See: Viral blogs, what op's attempting to do and so on)

>> No.942930

>>942905
There are a lot of skill markets that aren't flooded, and you can spot them by the higher salary earnings (web design as a career in my area typically pays about $15 an hour). Best way to research it is to go on a site like glassdoor. You may need to adjust downward 5-10% as it can be unrealistic at times. Ultimately, it really depends what field you want to be in and how much schooling and cost you want to invest to learn it.

>> No.943691

op has failed. good try though

>> No.943719

Guy who made the 3k in 30 days thread here.
It's been 10 days and I've made 50 dollars. I haven't given up but I don't really have any direction to go in.

>> No.943721

>>939845
lol this is hilarious ill-thought

>> No.943731
File: 81 KB, 500x353, 1442712952692.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>939883
I believe in you anon, you seem motivated at this moment

You need to document your progress though so us hard hittin niggers can see what you doing

>> No.943732
File: 48 KB, 698x800, man-in-suit-applying-lipstick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>943719

>> No.943738

>OP hasn't posted in 2 days

>> No.943741

>>943732
kek

>> No.943743

>>943738
OP never finished a sales scripts, or call list. Made a few calls for the hell of it and either got a swift no thank you or laughed at, and quit. /thread

>> No.943745

>>943738
Maybe OP is super busy with everything.

We can dream ;-; I want him to be successful

>> No.943746

>>939845
>Motivation, I hope, or proof to you lazy NEETs there is no money to be made out there.

what...no money to be made but you're trying to make 20k? typo?

>> No.943747

>>943745 probably this >>943743

Got told to fuck off or something, and lost motivation. His prices were a little steep tbf

>> No.943760
File: 79 KB, 400x300, 50-cent[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here.

Script was finished.
Since I'm crazy I decided to spend the day calling.
Out of 150 calls got a 'yes' from about 2/3
2/3 of those ready to pay, the rest need time to think/want to meet with me to talk things over.
My accounts receivable is growing. About $56,000 are coming my way. Fucking incredible.
To those who said 30 days is impossible - I get paid in advance, and set project due dates well beyond 30 days. The goal was to make 20k appear in my bank account in 30 days. Not make enough websites in 30 days to make 20k.

>> No.943772

>>943760
More details, also post sales script

>> No.943773

>>939854
This guy. We need more people like you. Keep us updated

>> No.943776

>>943760
proof you're OP and/or some type of pic of your work so far either the script, call list, or something. genuinely interested but skeptical

>> No.943781
File: 1.93 MB, 480x200, sfdg.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

People made a killing doing this in the past, back when no one knew shit about computers. Its too bad OP is 15 years late with his business plan.

People making websites is an incredibility over saturated market now.

I found it particularly rich that he was going to accomplish his goals because of "how motivated he was".

>> No.943786

>>943760
lmao can we just sage this already

>> No.943808

>>943760
>Out of 150 calls got a 'yes' from about 2/3
>2/3 of those ready to pay

2/3rds of the people you call willing to pay for an outrageously overpriced basic website on the spot without even getting other quotes or even doing the bare minimum of research? All this from 1 sales call? And over 2/3rds people don't hang up on you immediately when they realize you are a telemarketer?

I just now figured out this is a troll thread. And to think I gave tried to give a helpful response here >>942903
You got me, bro.

>> No.943875

>>943760
ahah fuck off m8.
you're going to need bigger bait

>> No.943973

>>940287
>school and fear etc.
For some reason this hit feels real close to home

>> No.943975

>>939847
>tax rate on 20k is like 10%

>> No.943976

>>943760
Damn I was onboard with this thread mang

>> No.944311
File: 169 KB, 610x408, ayy yo nigga.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>943760
Not me....

Sorry guys been busy, can't believe this thread is still up....

First 2 days I made 3k and have a couple clients wanting to talk on Monday.

BTW I made like 700 calls each day and have been working 18 hour days since day 0.

So yes this shit is possible, it just takes a shit ton of effort.

I've been spending the weekend working on some online marketing stuff so I don't have to cold call as much hopefully.

Anyway I'm not going to be posting on here anymore, just a waste of my time. You guys are something else....

Tootles niggas.

>> No.944312

>>944311

Fuck off, literally no one cares.

>> No.944322

>>944311
>>944312
i care, its always great to watch someone try something.

>> No.944349
File: 68 KB, 500x293, 1446146699993.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>944311
More like everything you did failed, and you're full of shit and in maximum damage control

>>944322
Not when he is blatantly lying to us.

>i maed 700 dollu a day by muh reused templates
>ima ignore all your questions for 2 days while you rip my shitty plan to shreds then lie about how much I made on le Internet

>> No.944370
File: 93 KB, 755x696, laughing old yeller.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>944311
translation:

>i'm failing horribly but i'm gonna pretend that i'm not and tell people it's THEIR fault that i'm a shitter

nice try you limp dick faggot. time for you to fuck off to /b/ little man.

>> No.944371

>>944311
>literally lying on the internet
Why?

>> No.944380

30 days
2,000 dicks
10 dollars a pop

>> No.944386

>>941240

You can actually charge 2500 for JUST for SEO services. Just letting you know.

>> No.944464

>>944311
You made 700 calls each day, and made some sales. Let's assume you made those 700 calls and didn't make a single sale, and it takes 1 minute to look up the number, dial, pitch, and get rejected. That's about 11 hours and 40 minutes of calling. I'm calling bullshit.

>> No.944496

>>940135
You could look into setting up sites for people using Square Space. Or if you want to get fancier, look into wordpress.

>> No.944499
File: 99 KB, 640x1157, Alfonso ribiero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>944311

> 700 calls
> In one day

I skimmed your thread. I want to believe but, I used to do some cold calling myself. Even making 100 calls is very draining and very time consuming.

Also, hardly any people on earth will cut a check without meeting someone in person, (when it comes to a service business deal)

Anyway, if you are real, you should post some timestamped proof on this site. If not, I'm just gonna chalk you up as another /biz/ liar.

> "Hey guys I just inherited millions"
> daily posts like this on /biz/

>> No.944512

>>944464
it is almost certainly bullshit

a good salesman will often make somewhere between 100 and 150 calls a day and will get people talking, get them to open up

you go much beyond that and it means far to many people are slamming the phone down the moment you so much as open your mouth

>> No.944545
File: 376 KB, 640x359, dreams.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>944311

>> No.944573

>>939847
>Paying 2k on 20k in earnings

This guys right. Why even bother trying. It's all going to taxes anyway

>> No.944611

>>944311
this
>>944370
kek, OP BTFO by reality. fuck 20k, he's claiming to make 2k in less than a week from scratch. Bullshit.

>> No.944726

>>940089
Great album desu

>> No.944839

>>944311
>700 calls/day
>38.88 calls/hour (no breaks)
>1.54 minutes/call