[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 104 KB, 1024x585, 3232.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9351917 No.9351917 [Reply] [Original]

While ZCash is kind of screwing over 99% of their dedicated GPU mining community:

https://forum.z.cash/t/let-s-talk-about-asic-mining/27353

ZenCash is welcoming them by opening up for a possible fork away from ASICs

https://blog.zencash.com/zencash-statement-on-potential-equihash-algorithm-change/

Considering how much people are fed up with ZCash's indecisiveness, expect things to sway in ZenCash their favor rather soon.
Circulating supply of less than 4 million, 15% locked in nodes, node payouts increasing by x3, and supernodes being added in July.
If you are in this, you are going to make a lot of money.

For one moment divert your attention from flashy ERC-20 tokens and platforms which offer 3rd and 4th generation crap.
We still have a lot of exiting stuff happen on bare protocol projects which are building networks rather than alpha applications which cry for partnerships.

>> No.9351992

ASIC resistance doesn't work and is stupid. Anyone that forks away from their evolved mining ecosystem that is more efficient than the gpu counterpart is just throwing away armour for their blockchain in order to gain communist good boy points. I don't know about you guys, but I value the security of a given chain higher than I value technically illiterate commie good boy points.

>> No.9352138
File: 98 KB, 808x561, 3232.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9351992

I agree that it doesn't work. But it is a simple fact that people have poured millions into GPU miners which will see their ROI drop dramatically. It's their accepted risk, but still a hard pill to swallow. ZenCash is only talking about temporarily changing parameters until more ASIC vendors are around. This levels the playing field and opens up the network for many people to temporarily jump over during the time PoW will slowly switch from GPU's to ASIC's, FPGA's and CPLD's. Something which in the long term is absolutely inevitable.

While the GPU mining crowd is still larger than all the others, expect the price to sway accordingly to adoption.

Away from ZCash
Towards ZenCash

Easy....

>> No.9352182

>>9351992
Eat shit, faggot.

>> No.9352272

>>9352182
Shut up you communist dick-sucking faggot. Non-ASIC resistant coins have literally zero required capital cost for a 51% attack since you can sell the GPU's after the attack. Try doing a 51% attack on ZCash with the ASIC's and then selling those ASIC's. That's why ASIC's are necessary, they exponentially increase the cost of a 51% attack since ASIC's have zero value if the chain dies.

>> No.9352286

>>9352272
Kill yourself.

>> No.9352322
File: 351 KB, 1920x1620, blockchain reloaded.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I used to think ASIC was bad but as someone told me it reduces the chance of botnets or JavaScript mining. Because there's little point of hackers or websites to hack people's computers if they don't have ASIC hardware anyway. It also doesn't take away graphics cards from gamers or those that need them to do work in for example video rendering.

So I'm pretty neutral whether or not specialized hardware should be needed to be able to mine on any kind of competitive level.

>> No.9352347

>>9351917
Never been more comfy than I am with ZEN. Got some nodes up and running.

>> No.9352363

>>9352138
Temporarily purposely sabotaging your own armour for the economic benefit of vendors is still pretty stupid. Less stupid than doing it permanently tho I'll grant so at least they're not monero tier. That's good to know.
That said, the hardware you use to mine equihash is absolutely not just limited to equihash. I've got a hundred k of it hashing away in the background right here based on profitability, and I note that as of his moment, none of them are even pushing equihash sols.
Basically, it seems to be an unnecessary expensive subsidy to a group that doesn't even need it, and even if granted may well not make much use of it.

>> No.9352367

>>9352322
>Will someone think of the gamers??!!

This is the lamest asic shill I've ever heard. Go back to sucking Jihan's hairless chink asshole you piece of shit

>> No.9352394

>>9352272
Eat shit, faggot.

>> No.9352736
File: 111 KB, 800x480, aw shit what are you doing2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9352367
That wasn't the main point.

>> No.9352788

>>9351992
One CPU one vote
Bitch

>> No.9352983
File: 77 KB, 920x501, auroras.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9352788
unfortunately that didn't work. if you're mining in a mining pool it is in reality the pool that has all the voting power.

it was a good dream but in reality the "each user gets a vote" didn't work out

>> No.9353223
File: 46 KB, 852x480, 1 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9352363

Personally I am quite neutral on the entire debacle but you gotta recognize the short term potential of all options:

> A) You do nothing, let ASIC take over in the short to medium term, but throw out all supporters who have been securing your network since its inception.
> B) You fork away continously like Monero is intending to do, stifle innovation and in the long term likely end off in a worse situation than the one you tried to solve - But please all your GPU miners
> C) Give GPU miners who are sitting on huge inflationary investments the time to recoup some of the costs while they are given the chance to switch over to superior tech (purposed miners, i.e. ASIC, FPGA, CPLD's).

That's a little black and white, but I guess anyone could get understand the potential outcome of either option. Option A sets you up for the long term, option C for the short to medium term. Option B doesn't make sense to me, but maybe somehow Monero will surprise us all. Anyways, with the community being stupid, and people literally comparing ASIC's to nazi's invading poland. I think that option C might net the best possible outcome for adoption. Unless everyone is on board with ASIC's invading poland. Which at the current does not seem to be the case.

>> No.9353282

Who gives a shit, buy mining hardware and mine, what fucking difference does it make if it's a GPU or an ASIC? Faggots just wanting to vidya in their mine? It's retarded

>> No.9353330

>>9353282

Insight of a goldfish, good luck making it.