[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 51 KB, 499x750, Tbh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
932410 No.932410 [Reply] [Original]

I got a manager who's lighting a fire on my ass for not being perfect at my job after two weeks when it normally takes 2 years to fully learn the position and flip flopping on her instructions on a daily basis.

Tbqh, the job doesn't pay that well anyway and I still consider myself a wageslave ($13/h). What's some things I could do if I was unexpectedly fired in order to bounce back into the action?

>> No.932414

>>932410
>Tbqh

kil urself fam

>> No.932423

>>932414
;__;

>> No.932437

You're fucked either way. You keep that shitty job and you're fucked. You get fired and you're fucked. Why not take some initiative and get out of that situation all together?

>> No.932444
File: 129 KB, 550x849, 1445154675830.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>932410
>manager
>her
There's your problem, anon. Every time there has ever been a new female manager, I switch out departments. It is never worth it because of what you just mentioned.

And trust me, it only gets worse the higher up in the world you get. Women begin to feel empowered, even worth something. In reality, they are just there for eye candy. Most are just "office hot". That is, they look okay in a dark bleak cubicle, but you wouldn't even do a double take on when walking down the street.

Judging by your $13/hr wageslave, I would first try to reconcile with the boss in order NOT to get fired. Be her friend, tell her she looks nice today, "Need anything before I go home?", etc. These are things that a woman's simple mind expunges dopamine and serotonin on.

But if you are truly looking for contingency, I would save as much money as possible and live your life as you were about to get fired tomorrow. In your spare time, don't be afraid to look at new jobs, revamp your resume, or maybe seek higher education. You don't want to be a slave forever, do you?

Just always peruse your own self interest, look for better opportunities, and try to tolerate your woman boss.

>> No.932580

>>932410
>Tbqh

You forgot the "hella"...so "Tbqhh" is what you should have posted

>> No.932584

>>932444
Software industry here. I've noticed a lot of middle management are female. Actually most of my "non technical" bosses have been women.

A couple of them were really good -

A understood that some of the people under her were manchildren and dealt with them like naughty kids. She could rip through schoolyard arguments and narcissism like no one else I've seen. I think her experience as a mum made her really valuable.

C started out a middle manager but somehow made CEO. She was one of the better CEOs I've met - good at vision, setting culture and getting the organization motivated. She had the technical background to know when she was being bullshitted and had a very hard edge when needed.

Trouble is, those guys are exceptions. Most female middle managers are promoted because the boss wants an underling who isn't going to challenge him. Either as a rival or just contradicting him. They are weak authority pleasers who do the paperwork while their boss does the management. When the organization gets too big for their boss to manage the whole thing effectively, things go to shit.

>> No.932600

>>932444
>manager
>her
>There's your problem, anon.
Well it has already been said. Not too sure I agree with most of this, especially the office hot and "be her friend" bits. But I do agree you need to work towards a better job.
>>932584
Nearly all administrative positions are filled by middle aged women with no ambition. If they get promoted it's due to them being buddy buddy with a female authority or a male boss who associates time with the company with knowing how to manage. The second A line makes me think you have a bit of a bias. You wrote "people" but you meant men. I've seen women managers who are nothing but bossy spoiled little girls in adult bodies. And don't get me started on women worker's behavior.

>> No.933578

fuck her right in the pussy!

>> No.933585

>>932410

Have a private meeting with her where you explain the problem.

In the meantime shop your resume around to competitors and see if you can get an offer somewhere else for more money.

In my last job I used to "have to get something out of my car", where I went to my car and made a few calls taking phone interviews for other companies.