[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 10 KB, 160x160, 1505161846871.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9293445 No.9293445 [Reply] [Original]

Since ETC is actually the real Ethereum, if the fake Ethereum (ETH) is declared a security and in their (SEC's) ignorance they act like ETC doesn't even exist, will ETC moon?

>> No.9293739

>>9293445
corecuck/bcash tier logic, end yourself

>> No.9293774
File: 99 KB, 1200x1942, 1200px-Ethereum_Classic_Logo.svg[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Vitalik's vision

>> No.9293798

>>9293445
The real Ethereum is whichever fork is adopted more. Just like the real Bitcoin is whichever fork is adopted more.

You fucking idiot newfags don't understand this basic concept of blockchain decentralisation. The 'real' versions of whatever fucking crypto you talk about is whichever has the highest relevant market share.

If you want to argue "this is going to overtake Ethereum" then sure, go ahead. But arguing philosophy over practicality projects how new you are to /biz/. Take your abstractions to /pol/, reddit or anyfuckingwhere else.

>> No.9293804

>>9293445
money skeleton is going to pound-me-in-the-ass prison

>> No.9293829

>>9293445
Etc has a technical vulnerability which allowed a smart contract handling the distribution of millions of dollars forcing the team to fork it.

>> No.9294057

>>9293798
>coins end up in hacker's wallet
>he owns private key so he's the legitimate owner
>as he should be because with decentralization you give up human interaction, math rules the blockchain
>hard fork to fix the bug used but use it to give coins back

if you give up ethereum classic you give up decentralization. Since ethereum is a decentralized token/currency by definition the only ethereum classic can honor that statement.
Same thing with bitcoin cash, it's the real bitcoin because you can't make transactions with bitcoin cock under heavy load and development was straight up hijacked by a few people, therefore it fails either to be decentralized or, if you assume development can be centralized because it's not a part of the economic model, it can't serve as a currency.

What you're saying can't be right because the concept you're defined with "bitcoin" is incompatible with what it does. It's wrong before you even make any argument.

In the case there were multiple candidate forks, like bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold for example, sure, I guess you can use market cap to define the "real" one, or you take both as real and don't care about branding shit and only want good coin development and advancement of digital cash/blockchain and mantaining the network(s).

There's not need for real bitcoin or ethereum because they're free, the power of decentralized currency is that you can exchange between them at any point in time and use the one that suits you best. If one eventually becomes much bigger that the other, you have your real one, otherwise that is not even necessary

>> No.9294086

>>9294057
Holy fuck you're stupid. You owe me a minute of my life back.

>> No.9294096

>>9293798
No, OP makes a good point.
Ethereum had an ICO which may have made it a security. However, this is open-source software being developed. If this open-source software is used in a fork, is that fork also a security?
Is the open-source software itself a security?
This is why the SEC needs to invent new classifications because it simply doesn't make sense otherwise.

>> No.9294170

>>9294057
>inb4 it confuses the normalfag

if this shit is used widely, believe me, there will be a clear winner. Just think on how pretty much everyone has an iphone. There's a reason why. When someone nails it with bitcoin or anything else, there's no going back. Between supporting only one currency and many who are just copies but inferior or done something late, developers will chose the one that fits all (or most), over time, and that will be your winner.

If you want to make money, make sure your shitcoins work when the time comes. Now is just about speculation but eventually may be more than that

>> No.9294191

>>9294096
Good point, didn't think about that myself. I've been preoccupied with updating code. What's going to happen when eth goes full pos? Etc.

>> No.9294199

>>9293829
no, that got patched, the dif is it didnt roll back the hack and return the coins. the ledger stayed true

>> No.9294223

>>9294096

>>9293445
Initially the ICO was Ethereum. After the split, the fork which most closely resembled the original (ie no forking) was Eth classic. What we call ethereum is actually ecash. The security that people bought with the hope it would go up with no action was etc. Ecash is just an airdrop surprise.