[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 9 KB, 249x203, 014C5B63-DE0D-46CC-9E58-7D7625D6322D.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9204190 No.9204190 [Reply] [Original]

I’m not trying to be condescending or anything, I just legitimately don’t understand. I’m at university right now looking through word of mouth sites for consulting and banking firms (the two most popular career paths for graduates of high ranking tertiary institutions) and everyone takes 12-16 workdays for granted. I am fucking baffled. I can’t even imagine myself analyzing financial data for more than 3 hours at a time, let alone having to sit through multiple hour long meetings or forced socialization with colleagues. And yet it seems there are few alternatives if you want something that doesn’t pay peanuts. I am struggling to understand the mindset of people capable of putting up with this sort of lifestyle. What keeps them going? Do they actually believe what they’re doing is meaningful or worth it? I might be a cynical piece of shit, but that all seems laughable to me.

>> No.9204202

>>9204190
it's called the rat race , and it's not worth it

>> No.9204215

>>9204190
people come out of a vagina and find all these other people who came out of vaginas. People haven't any fucking clue what they're doing they're just doing what other people tell them trying to not to be embarrassed

wage slaving is irrational

>> No.9204235

>>9204190
Most people are sheep. Don't follow the herd.

>> No.9204238

It's a contingency plan. You just gotta ensure you leave yourself with enough time and energy to develop strategies towards financial independence. Hopefully you aren't brainlets with useless liberal arts background and actually have jobs which simultaneously act as training grounds for eventually running your own thing

>> No.9204248

>>9204215
v tru

>> No.9204260

>>9204190
nigga just go allin on EOS and make it.

Thank me later

>> No.9204264

>>9204235
Yeah but what else are we going to do, if you dont have money you have to wagecuck for a while at least, and if other investments/ambitions dont make you rich, you have to wagecuck for life or you'll be homeless

>> No.9204269

>>9204190
whats the opposite of being a wagecuck

>being poor and broke and a fucking embarrasment

yeah nah id rather wagecuck until i make it

>> No.9204280

>>9204190
Find a job that you actually enjoy. Seriously that's the only thing most people are doing wrong.

For example I have my own tour guide company specifically targeting Japanese tourists and showing them around a couple of European cities in Japanese since their English is so poor.

I get to meet a lot of cool people. Most of the work is in the summer so I'm just outside chilling in the sun talking with people that are on holiday (and thus happy). And I get the opportunity to meet Japanese women.

Seriously. Just think about what you would actually ENJOY to do and THEN look if you can either work somewhere that does that or start a profitable business that is related to that.

If you are just going to get a degree in something you aren't actually interested in and then just go to work pure for the financial part you are going to fuck up your life.

You are most likely going to spend 40% of your life working. Get a fucking job that you actually enjoy and would still do even if you didn't get paid for it.

>> No.9204283

Reality is seriously depressing, does everyone realise this or do most people not mind wagecucking til death

>> No.9204300
File: 4 KB, 220x229, images.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9204190
tfw too smart to work

>> No.9204319

>>9204190
I work in the mining industry so i dont have to deal with most of the shit you listed. Working as an officecuck sounds unbearable t b h

>> No.9204341

>>9204319
How much btc do you mine per month?

>> No.9204380

>>9204202
fpbp

>> No.9204404

>>9204190
They are slaves to the kikes

Kikes have designed the system so that goys will always be their slaves

>> No.9204452

I worked a warehouse job for six years that included dangerous shelving and an unsafe forklift with back breaking lifting. Best worker there and constantly promised a promotion. When I quit this year not a single person acknowledged me as I left. Simply no other choice. Worked other jobs that were 10x worse. It's simply choice, as long as you have something that motivates you out of work then you're fine. Once you start losing passion for anything at all then its time to leave. I am so thankful I found crypto because it honestly saved me from ending it all. I have degrees in IT and couldn't find a job that paid decent or wasn't filled with pajeets trying to steal your job. Life never goes as planned. Couldn't imagine wage slaving for 40 years paying off a mortgage.

>> No.9204511

>>9204280

Someones gotta clean the toilets m8. If you got a job you like you did good but there's way too many of us and too much unpleasant shit to do for everyone to do what they enjoy.

>> No.9204732

Is worse being a taxcuck

>> No.9204835

>>9204190
you young guys who are making serious coin need to analyse and think about what you are doing. you have a once in a lifetime opportunity and the window is closing of making unbelievable gains and leapfrogging 30 years of what most poorfags have to go through to make money. this wagecucking if you make/made serious coin you dont need to think about. most people are dreaming after 30 years of doing something constructive with no money worrries. bite the bullet and have a go at making coin. take risks while you are young with the investments you have time to get it all back if you lose. no one wants to drag themselves up to go toil for another who takes all the wealth of their earnings but its a fact of life for most.

>> No.9204936
File: 43 KB, 720x480, al.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The biggest red pill on work is to look at documentaries on tribal people and primates.
You quickly see that most 'work' amounts to occasional hunting and gathering. With other essentials only conducted when necessary.
The rest of the time is spent chilling, eating, drinking and socializing with other people in a close knit community.

It dispels the notion that life *has* to be unfair and that you should partake in a mindless daily grind lest be considered as someone shirking the essential responsibilities of survival.
Humanity reached a point where most of us got the raw end of the deal, being used as peons or slaves. So now they use that low point of our history as some kind of guilt trip. Like we should be oh so grateful that we're only forced to wagecuck for 40 hours a week instead of 90.

Dont ever let yourself feel bad about not wanting to buy into this game. Theres nothing natural about it.

>> No.9204974

Alcohol helps me cope

>> No.9205119
File: 114 KB, 776x517, 34A62628-489B-44E7-B44F-85C8ECBDBCA5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9204936
I don’t understand where you people get off acting like you’re forced to work.
>oh I am just forced to work and afford my luxurious western lifestyle with the housing, the car, the amenities, the entertainment, it’s just all so bad
You can live like a tribal hunt & gatherer fuck, you just don’t because it’s really a shit life.

>> No.9205235

>>9205119
The "luxurious lifestyle" is more of a daily sedative if you're wageslaving. I cant enjoy most of leisure activities when i know i have to work the next day.

Its either make it and do what you love or check out. Everything else is for plebs.

>You can live like a tribal hunt & gatherer fuck, you just don’t because it’s really a shit life.

I dont have a tribe and the contemporary one has moved onto this shit system we have now. If modern western life was truly so great, the suicide rates would be a lot lower.

>> No.9205289

"high finance" is a living hell. i highly advise you switch to accounting and get an industry job before its too late

>> No.9205457

>>9205289
Dads an accountant believe me its a bit less of a hell but still is hell.
I am currently sitting here trying to decide what to dive in next.....cooking , tourism and affiliate marketing are kind of dead in my eyes by now...

>> No.9205646

>>9205457

I am a controller for a small business and its comfy as fuck. Easy 9 to 5, no meetings, no weekends, no phone calls.

Every company on earth needs accountants so dont take that big four hard ass routine seriously that they spout in college. They want you to believe you need big four experience so they can exploit you.

>> No.9205770
File: 128 KB, 912x869, npcs.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9204190

they are npcs
the world is not as you were taught it was
most "people" do not have souls, and merely exist on biological programming

>> No.9205845

>>9204280
This. I work in IT / finance and mostly do stuff I would be interested in anyway. People are usually quite chill and guys whom I also hang out in my free time / have shared hobbies. The pay is pretty decent.

>> No.9205854

>>9204511
Get an education maybe?

>> No.9205877

>>9205119

>Implying the government didn't make hunter gathering illegal.

>Implying the government didn't commit mass genocide to take land from hunter gatherers

>Implying you could hunter gather without getting arrested for trespassing or vagrancy.

Why do so many retards bother opening their flap?

>> No.9205891

>>9205646
Too much bureaucracy except you've landed on a comfy spot. Also you have to deal with tons of agencies and other services.
If you're an the head of accounting of whatever firm or business you're not even eligible for comparison.
I sincerely hope you're honest and wish you well.
Also depends on location...
What im interested in is should i get trained by dad without going in for a degree and just hustle my way through tedios , menial tasks for a time and half a time ?
Or should i just avoid this sphere completely ?

>> No.9205938

Back when me able for work me loved working and saw no problem with 12 hour days!
Was private contractors however in paper me was own boss so that might make difference....

>> No.9206016

>>9205119
If I could find any acreage that the government hadn't claimed don't you think i'd've invested in raw materials and built the biggest house I could out of the cheapest materials and sold it at an extortionate rate, oh wait the government doesn't like competition.

>> No.9206316

>>9204511
if you can write coherently, there's enough suckers below you to do the sucky jobs. literally. we all love to larp about this place being the pitstain of the internet, but if you're on 4chan you're smarter than 90% of humanity. no matter how dumb and helpless you feel, they're dumber and less capable. build yourself up and let them scrub the shit

>> No.9206421

>>9204269
arent poor/broke/embarrassment just constructs of social life? Couldnt you find your own style of life that cannot be put into the two major bins of "wagie" and "poor"? Or is there nothing in between and your definition of "poor" and "Well-off" are objective.

>> No.9206434

>>9204511
I think that everyone should be cleaning their own toilets, the existence of a job such as that is one of the reasons why we are in the state we are in.

>> No.9206476

>>9204283
everyone realizes this. it might be 30+ years since the coping mechanisms they have built up have allowed them to fully grasp it in a conscious way though. you should allow yourself to consciously revisit it rather than building up coping mechanisms

>> No.9206484

>>9204190
I work in the banking sector and make really good money but the anxiety my job has been giving me is not worth it to me when I can easily swing trade BTC and make just about the same money my job pays me. I am looking into a different position at another company currently that looks more like my type of work that is more interesting to me but I am mostly just concerned with earning more to buy even more crypto.

>> No.9206632

But anon socialization with other people is actually pretty fun, also, you get paid when you are a wage cuck and nobody say that you should spend it all immediately like some consumerist pig, just save up for a few years and move on if you can't take it anymore.

>> No.9206651

>>9204190
By having a job they enjoy. Back when I was wagecucking I did some gamedev. The hours were long but it was tons of fun. Working hard with smart people on an interesting project is actually a great feeling.

>> No.9207133

>>9205119
you are literally stuck in a concrete jungle, how the fuck am i going to leave this place whit ease? i cant just walk out in the middle of nowhere and start growin crops without getting shot or throw in jail

>> No.9207152

>>9206651
how hard would you say gamedeving is?

and what level of skill did you have, like educations etc

>> No.9207187

>>9204190
Most people don't hang out on the internet so they have nothing else to do.

>> No.9207289
File: 58 KB, 600x448, 1520993235213.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9204190

watch link related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4OPFl2Kxhs

It's an enslavement system, ment for keeping the masses occupied with meaningless shit while the top 1% gets richer every single day.

Enigma will set me free tho.

>> No.9208099

Buy GRS now.

>> No.9208171
File: 280 KB, 646x595, 1511194892703.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9208099

isn't the community going to vote for a rebrand soon? Fuck... i still need to get me some of those before its off to the moon. Thx for reminding me anon.

>> No.9208248

>>9204190
You are imagining yourself actually doing work in flow. Expending mental energy to produce results. Most wagecucks have Facebook open in one tab and their job is 90 percent pretending to be busy 5 percent actual work and 5 percent social bullshit with colleagues. Normies don't work like us period.

>> No.9208652

>>9204190
Let me get this straight.
You voluntarily spent years studiyng a trade that has no other possible use but being paid by someone else to do something that you apparently hate, and it's society fault?

>> No.9209019

>>9204190
Years of psychedelic use, ego deaths, and transcendental DMT breakthroughs has deprogrammed me significantly. Every day in the wagie life wears on my soul.... which is why I’m here.. to build my wealth so I never have to work again and can focus on the work I wanna do (when I want) and to js live and celebrate life (mostly) care free. We’re all gonna make it anons

>> No.9209126

>>9204190
if you're not a sperg you should be working in sales. it's the closest thing to owning your own business without having to create a product from scratch. hours are flexible and if you're good you earn more than most execs

>> No.9209513

>>9204190
>How do wagecucks cope?

Copious amounts of alcohol in general (+pills if you're over 50), impulse decisions such as infidelity, weed and meth if you're under 25.

Nobody escapes wagecucking in tact anon.

>> No.9209583

>>9208248
>Most wagecucks have Facebook open in one tab and their job is 90 percent pretending to be busy 5 percent actual work and 5 percent social bullshit with colleagues.

This is something I noticed from most people that complain about their job. You're supposed to turn your fucking mind off and just work until your shift is over. I unironically feel satisfied after a hard days work but if I sit around at my desk doing absolutely nothing all day I go home feeling bored and drained. Working is about as much of a fucking chore as sitting around grinding or collecting items in a video game..and honestly I can't stand video games because I'm practicing and collecting items for basically no fucking reason.

>> No.9209687
File: 182 KB, 866x635, lazypepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

most people aren't very sentient or self aware and will tolerate all sorts of things so long as they continue to survive relatively comfortable. we are animals. never forget that

>> No.9210065

>>9209583
>and honestly I can't stand "the rat race" because I'm practicing and collecting items for basically no fucking reason.

Pure poetry.

>> No.9210248
File: 88 KB, 640x960, wig-durarara-kuronuma-aoba-cs-229c-anzujaamu-a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I work only two days a week, and its IT job, so i just sit in front of computer like i do at home.
I can trade buttcoin, watch youtube, listen to music, read reddit and 4chan, like i do at home.

By the papers i signed, im required to be there 5/2, 10 hrs a day, and after working full time and figuring out the processes and automating them i figured out i could get all work done in 2 days, without compromising the quality.
So i asked the boss if its possible to cut my work hours because i was just sitting there doing nothing most of the time, he seemed like a chill guy, he said he didnt care if i sit there all day or not, he cared only about the work being done, so if i do all my work for the week, i can go home.
So, now i do all my work in two days, and then just chill at home for the rest of the week. He really doesnt care, i dont really see him much, he seems to be into traveling and shit.

Before you call me a larper, i must say, i live in a shithole, not even a 1st world country, i know bosses arent like that in big cities/nice countries. People are way simpler there. No dress code, no corporate bullshit, etc.
Not saying all bosses around there are so chill, im still very lucky to have such job.

Now some advice for you:
1) Look for a low effort IT job, you'll have ability to trade shitcoins while on work, that will help you get rich sooner and quit.
2) Look for a part-time job, or ask if its possible to cut your work hours/work from home sometimes.
3) Look for a boss who looks and acts like a human being, and not some fucking jew who wants you to work overtime so he could get more shekels.
4) ecksdee

And no, i wont say where i work, obviously. Im paranoid af.

>> No.9210265

>>9205770
Came in here to post this.

>> No.9210320

>>9204190
A combination of they don't have a choice and they don't think outside the box

>> No.9210356
File: 128 KB, 318x324, 1373257416545.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Day-in, day-out, being there, with that FACE. Not knowing what to say; not caring anymore. Not even knowing that you'll probably only care about her when it's finally too late.

Forgetting about all those desperate... those desperate years you spent alone. Your barren years when no woman would even consider resting her tired head on your shaky little shoulder. Stinking of belly-semen... why even wipe?

And then when you finally get one of these coveted pieces of tail that have been built up as the grand trophy in your NOTHING life, you try desperately to keep it - not to protect it, but to hoard. To keep it away from the other wolves and jackals circling your territory.

And you realize, all too soon... that YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH. That maybe there was a jerk-off called Darwin after all, and you never acknowledged his existence because you knew, deep inside, that you were really what you feared you were. Weak, and passive, and ultimately broken by the ones who were made the fittest.

And that through your weaknesses, you've built up a POISON, that poisons others around you... that you love. And the only true justice was to let those dominant jack-offs feed on you, survive off you...

>> No.9210535

>>9205119
I remember this one guy built his own home with sustainable power and water off the grid a while back and I think it was even on land that he had bought. Government still came in and told him he couldn't do that. If you try to extract yourself from society like you're saying you're gonna get fucked.

Anyways, crypto is my last bet. If I don't make it then I'm gonna finally suicide myself, I can't stand being a peon, I hate people as a whole, and most of modern society disgusts me. All I've ever wanted is a life of solitude where I can read my books and play my games in peace.

>> No.9210570

>>9204190
Congrats OP, you have an IQ above 90.

>> No.9210585

>>9204269
>>being poor and broke and a fucking embarrasment

What are you talking about? If you're not a wagecuck you have the whole day to make money in more effective ways.

Name me one person in the top 1000 richest who is a wagecuck.

>> No.9210611

>>9204215
nice summary of life in general

>> No.9210675

>>9210611
What can we do about it? It sucks that we're in this shithole, but we're here. Now what? Just lay down and die? It sucks because we are controlled by our nervous system. Even if suicide is the best logical answer, our fight and flight instincts don't let us, unless we're really at a breaking point.

>> No.9210744

>>9204215
Funny thing is first when you are younger you think people have it figured out
But if you interact long enough you notice that most people are pretending just as clueless as you and that there are very few really competent and skilled individuals

>> No.9210865

>>9210744
Is that why people get more sad as they age?

>> No.9211027

>work hard at uni to get a good degree
>3 months of job applications to get good job
> tech company, startup with 150ish staff
>so modern and well paying, many benefits
>owner sells our company to some company that buys startups
>no more free drinks on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
>get free fruit which is rancid
>all devs leave and suddenly disgusting pooinloos everywhere
>hr can't handle the outrageous levels of sexual harassment claims due to pajeets. Attractive women leave.
>all interesting clever managers leave with their buyout cash. left with new company staff who know nothing
>wasn't there long enough to look good enough on cv to get similar job

I was happy. Now i want to suicide every morning

>> No.9211905

>>9204190
People are conditioned that way. They feel proud and accomplished from all of their hard labor, because it's expected of them. For most the approval of others is priority number 1, even though everybody says "I don't care what anybody thinks". The honest day's work is a meme and a coping tool to make us glorify our own slavery.

>> No.9212350

>>9204974
Willingly ingesting poison is nonsense and you should be ashamed.

>> No.9212494

Working usually sounds worse than it actually is. That's my experience anyway. When you don't have a job, you dread the day you have to get one. But once you finally manage to get a job, it usually isn't a big deal.

That said, I haven't worked for someone else in years.

>> No.9212532

>>9204190
Many of the wagecucks realized college/university was all a scam too late. So they just swallow the pill and commit to their shitty lives. College/University is a scam it causes the majority of the workforce (labor force) to miss their prime years. After HS people should work blue collar for 1 year to appreciate what it means to work for money; save that money and then reinvest it weather it be going to school or starting a business or investing. People go to school to make money, if there is a better way to make money. There is no need for school. All the knowledge is free in this century it's all online. All you need to do is be self motivated. College is literally a fucking meme, all the normies fall for it.

>> No.9212563
File: 228 KB, 667x680, 1518249143567.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9204190
It's kinda like how you 'accept' that you're not a multimillionaire with yachts, lambos and mansions. They just cope and their minds adjust to their situations. Accepting what they do but deep down, deep down there's a terrible pain in the soul that will never heal. Some people call them a midlifecrisis, others just say 'hahaa this is just life, its is not a movie y'know'.

Like that ugly nigger once sang
>In a world full of people only some want to fly.
The rest just dreams they'll win the lottery one day. Which is a good thing, just imagine if everyone tried to do what you do. It'd be a shitty place. I love the drones, keep on droning, you'll be manager one day I'm sure of it teehee.

>> No.9212960
File: 213 KB, 1296x720, D03FE856-E45A-42E7-9F1C-D41E1AA5A601.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everyone says start your own business but unless it’s something you truly love and are passionate about I just see that as becoming a more intense version of wagecucking with 0 off days and longer hours. Is it better to have a chill job you sort of enjoy and have side hustles that make you double your usual white collar salary until you can afford rental properties as opposed to starting your own wage slave business? I’d love to do art full time but I don’t see that becoming a profitable business and I kind of like my IT gig with plenty of downtime to draw and browse the ch0n. What’s your thoughts /biz/?

>> No.9213019

>>9210356
Good taste

>> No.9213031

>>9212960
Read The Millionaire Fastlane. Or Rich Dad Poor Dad.

>> No.9213043

>>9212960
its best to aim for the most stress free and enjoyable life

>> No.9213105
File: 74 KB, 900x900, F141C132-ED56-4A02-977E-E4BB7923E020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Start selling pills

>> No.9213113
File: 2.19 MB, 1289x1717, 1524918686802.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9210865
Yes also regret at not applying themselves earlier and being forced to watch their life crumble away day by day helpless at their own incompetant powerlessness.

And its all my fault.

>> No.9213192

>>9204260
Your an idiot EOS is already massively up will it rise further probably but it's far too risky with too much downside compared to several other projects. At best you should have a couple thousand into EOS going all-in is suicide long term. From a risk prevention strat.

>> No.9213282

I just got home from my wage cuck job

I usually smoke weed, drink beer and get Dominos delivered a few times a week to cope with it.

Tonight, I just took some sleeping pills, so I can be nice and rested for my daily ass fucking tomorrow

>> No.9213502

>>9213282
good goy

>> No.9213822
File: 74 KB, 1200x1200, 1512677255508.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9204280
what do you do if you enjoy being completely alone and live in a world where you have to be around people to make money outside of crypto.

>> No.9213849

>>9205891

i have a team of experts trying to decode what the fuck you just said

>> No.9214025

>>9204511
tbqh I don't find being a janitor that bad, just put some headphones in, ignore the smell, and just do the job. Don't even gotta talk to anyone or pretend like you're working when you're not.

>> No.9214139

>>9204190
>I am struggling to understand the mindset of people capable of putting up with this sort of lifestyle. What keeps them going? Do they actually believe what they’re doing is meaningful or worth it? I might be a cynical piece of shit, but that all seems laughable to me.

they're all the same as you buddy. you will be joining them soon.

>> No.9214199

>>9214139
kekd its true

OP hasnt seen shit, hes a toddler

>> No.9214224

I went backpacking with a friend in another country and we decided to camp a few days while staying in hostels for a few other days.
We did the mistake of wild camping in the winter so basically all the camping days felt like being a hobo. I would walk by houses, see people inside and envy them that they had a warm bed for the night while I would sleep in a humid sleeping bad which was made for summer. During those nights I almost freezed to death and told to myself that I would never go through this again. In another words, I would wagecuck indefinitely for the sole purpose of having a warm bed and food. I think some people think like that, it's either wagecucking or being a hobo and boy, you have no idea what's like being a hobo until you live like one