[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 29 KB, 500x328, pepe holding feels guy hostage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
911859 No.911859 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw all those other graduates who had connections, getting investment bank or big 4 internships before they had even been to university
>tfw all those private schoolers in high places who look at you suspiciously if you don't play polo / rugby / lacrosse
>tfw all those graduates jobs where the recruitment process is solely based on appearances, accent, social skills
>tfw have to be judged by normies in order to get jobs (yes, even engineering jobs, not just finance ones)
>tfw even if I got in to the white collar environment I would never be able to normie my way up the ladder
>tfw I look at entrepreneurship as my only salvation
>tfw I sometimes see the Guardian or new York times trashing tech for any reason and I see it as the establishment feeling uneasy
>tfw all jobs are shit

>> No.911860

>>911859
I see straight away what your main problem in your life is; you give far too many fucks about insignificant shit

>> No.911864

>>911859
>>tfw all those other graduates who had connections, getting investment bank or big 4 internships before they had even been to university

You could have done this as well, maybe not before university but definitely during it. No one's fault you wasted your time.

>>tfw all those private schoolers in high places who look at you suspiciously if you don't play polo / rugby / lacrosse

You should play sports and be well rounded.

>>tfw all those graduates jobs where the recruitment process is solely based on appearances, accent, social skills

Welcome to life. It's based on appearance and social skills. But intelligence and knowledge also isn't irrelevant, you need both in combination with social skills.

>>tfw have to be judged by normies in order to get
jobs (yes, even engineering jobs, not just finance ones)
"Normies" run the world, they are not betacucks like you.

>>tfw even if I got in to the white collar environment I would never be able to normie my way up the ladder

Why not?

>>tfw I look at entrepreneurship as my only salvation

It's harder than fulltime employment. If you don't have the social skills for sitting at a desk and reporting to your boss how will you do it all on your own and

>>tfw I sometimes see the Guardian or new York times trashing tech for any reason and I see it as the establishment feeling uneasy
Ok

>>tfw all jobs are shit
They're not.

>> No.911869

>>911864
Fuck yea man. I agree...
OP you need to stop this victim bullshit and wake the fuck up.
Unless you excelled above all of those fools in EVERYTHING that had to do with school:
>GPA
>internships
>networking
>extra-curricular
>working a job thru school (employers LOVE this shit)

Stop your fucking whining. Entirely your fault

>> No.911872

>>911859
pepe isn't holding him hostage, he is helping him commit suicide

>> No.911874

>>911859
This is what the US hs done with the new generations. Creating a bunch of fucking victims who wine about everything, but NOTHING is their fault lmfao. Plebian mindset I guess

>> No.911877
File: 31 KB, 573x609, lolz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>gpa
>internship
>networking

golden triangle of bullshit. ignore these.

>> No.911879

>>911859
>>tfw all jobs are shit

So you finally learned the biggest secret no one wants people to know.

>> No.911880

>>911874
All this while living in a first world country of abundant opportunities...

I think people don't quite realize that the $60k salary offers you get out of college are more than like 95% of the world earns. And to get it is so easy too...

>> No.911884

>>911877
>Ignore GPA
Mmm yeah can't argue with you there - so long as it isn't utter shit.

>Ignore Internships
Yeahno. Employers want to hire grads with experience, internships are a must if you want to survive the job market.

>Ignore networking
Depends on what your definition of networking is. Building a network of connections in undergrad is beneficial, but few people have built up a solid enough network to tap into until their career has been off the ground for a few years.

>> No.911885

>>911880
>I think people don't quite realize that the $60k salary offers you get out of college are more than like 95% of the world earns.
This is the supidiest argument ever.
>relativity

>> No.911886

>>911859
>tfw these are simply the people that actually took the initiative to get these jobs while you shitposted on a Cambodian .jpg sharing site
Kill yourself OP.

>> No.911915

OP here. I live in the UK.

Remember that the UK isnt gigantic like the USA. You turn up to a job interview and everyone but you went to the same schools etc. There are probably only two degrees of separation between 90 % of them.

>> No.911917

>>911880
>I think people don't quite realize that the $60k salary offers you get out of college are more than like 95% of the world earns.
unfortunately (in the US) they cost more than what 98% of the world earns

>> No.911971

>>911859
>investment bank
enjoy your burnout after 5 years due to 90 hour work weeks, constant backstabbing and no life outside work
>big 4
enjoy your soulless job and mediocre salary

i wouldn't pay attention to them, not everybody has a daddy who is an executive in the city, you were never in a position to be successful there, that was decided the moment you were born when you were not born into a wealthy family.

>tfw all those graduates jobs where the recruitment process is solely based on appearances, accent, social skills

maybe don't go looking for a modelling career then? if you think the above is true for other careers then you need to work on your interview technique.

>tfw have to be judged by normies in order to get jobs (yes, even engineering jobs, not just finance ones)

i work with some genuine autists who clearly got through the interview process, you must be a fucking lost cause if you think this is the reason for you not getting a job.

i can't be bothered to go through the others. stop moaning you pathetic faggot.

>> No.911978

>>911859
See here's the thing, anon. And this goes double for all of /biz/. Statistically, it's downright impossible for all of you NEETs complaining to legitimately be unable to find work. The fact of the matter is that even English majors have 90% employment. And since most of you are business/econ/STEM majors, I don't see how you can all be legitimately wallowing in unemployment.

You're probably just a lazy bitch, OP, whose standards are too high for a job to put in one or two years at an entry-level position.

>> No.912071

>>911859
You post pictures of frogs on a Cambodian pencil sharpening forum, what did you expect?

>> No.912169

OP here.

anyone have similar thoughts to mine?

>> No.913351

>>912169 Yup same situation as you. Idk I've had a decent corporate job man, there's some decent people. But I swear most are fucking robots. Really depressing, to the point where I quit so I could rack up debt by going to school, meanwhile I've hated school since Day Uno. I got a BS in Chemical Engineering, and I don't even honestly want to work as an engineer. It's politics mostly, you suck someones dick until they die aka move on and hopefully you get to have your dick sucked. Meanwhile the work that you are doing is useless, because you are never in control of it, it's usually someone even more higher up telling you, and your just a fat bitch.... Wish more than anything to have a few people that can relate and have a goal to starting own business. Getting to see the world, meeting people of different cultures, and more intelligent. People with goals. Not just serving others blindly wasting lives, and fitting in to society....

>> No.913371

>>912169
sometimes i get worried about internships and professional organization memberships

but then i remember it's a game they want me to play. to get nervous about their contrived bullshit only feeds their ability to control my future

i have accepted my fate. if that's the deciding factor, than it wasn't the job for me. i wasn't the dude with the student and professional organization acronyms on my resume

>> No.913381

>>911860
AGREED
if you want to make money, go and get it. whether someone else has an easier time is irrelevant. if you care that much start a huge company and refuse to hire ivyfags

>> No.913472

>>911879
Not all but an awful damned lot of them.

Biggest problem is that, at least in IT, bullshit is very highly valued. I've had more than a few jobs where tasks that could've been accomplished by 2-3 competent people were divided amongst 25+. You drown in meetings. Nobody know anything so they ask everybody the same questions repeatedly. Meanwhile management has no idea what's happening so they're constantly demanding status reports, blissfully unaware that you have no time to make progress between the meetings, waiting for answers, and writing said reports. People who know how to play the game vomit word salad that takes the heat off them in an emperor-has-no-clothes sort of way. Fools show their power level and get fired for not being a team player.

>> No.914619

bump

>> No.914628

>>911884
Is a 2.3 utter shit? I feel like it is. What do i do now, my degree is finance.

>> No.914644

>>913472
>tasks that could've been accomplished by 2-3 competent people were divided amongst 25+
Wow, I always thought that the place where I work was "special" in this way. I guess it's same shit everywhere.

>> No.914725

>>911859
>>tfw have to be judged by normies in order to get jobs

This. I know this feel. I try to read books on social skills, but still networking feels fake and ass-kissing. Thank god I'm physically attractive, so maybe that will distract them from my autism long enough to trick them into hiring me.

Just pretend to be a normie. Act like they do. You can manage that for ten minutes, can't you?

>> No.914748

>>911859
>be me
>fat, socially awkward, no job experience and would blame everything on everyone else
>graduate with CS degree
>put in 350 resumes to places around me
>only get 4 companies reply back
>one company in person, hired
>start losing weight because tired of being fat
>start going to random bars because tired of no friends (this part sucked the most, so awkward)
>start weight lifting because sloots don't notice me
>two years and two jobs later salary has gone up 89%

You're the problem not the world.

>> No.915667

>Tfw friend's dad starts to become a millionaire
>His dads connections means he has everyone he will ever need to help him with his start-up
>He's got investments in the millions available

>Tfw I cant even get a job
>Trying but its so hard
>Not even a shitty one let alone the management apprenticeship i wanted that isnt available anymore and nobody else has to offer

>> No.915674

>>911978
>Doesn't know anything about statistics.
>Doesn't realize that a Laotian DIY Dragon Dildo board where NEETS from all over the world does not constitute a statistically random sample to make judgements on the population of NEETS.

>> No.915844

>>911859
>tfw had zero connections
>tfw did no internships
>tfw went to shitty state school
>tfw never played sport
>tfw fat and ugly
>tfw completely awkward and incapable of networking
yet I still got a job at an IB and made it to VP
you have no excuse

>> No.915872

>>915844

>Just entered into the hedge fund game
>from small town
>joined air force
>got school
>moved to ATX
>actually shocked how many cool autists that have trained themselves to be normies, I think my boss likes me because we're both fake normies

>> No.915881

>>915872
>both fake normies
Most people I work with are like that, or at least the ones who have lasted more than a couple of years are. We don't even bother to fake it any more, really.
It's funny when normies get hired, because they expect it to be all boozing and shmoozing, and then are shocked to have to use their brains.

>> No.915941

>>915844
>things that never happened
recruiters won't even give the time of day to people like that nowadays.

>> No.915992

>>915941
You have it backwards. Recruiters will put forward anyone with anything vaguely relevant-sounding on their CV. It's actually quite hard to get them to filter out people, since they generally have no idea what they're looking out. They're all about getting hits from volume, which is annoying as it puts the filtering burden on people trying to hire. Ask anyone who's ever done hiring, pretty sure you'll hear the same story.

>> No.915996

>>915992
by recruiters i meant company HR drones, not third party recruiters.

>> No.916005

>>915996
Company HR don't do filtering either, they basically just do organisation.
For graduate recruiting what happens is they send out an emai well in advance saying "who wants to do CV screening?", people sign up, and then when the seasons starts they just dish out batches to groups of people, who decide proceed or reject. HR then aggregate the results.
For experienced recruiting, there's usually one person for each department who gets a semi-regular stream of CVs through from HR and either screens them all himself or dishes them out to other people to screen. HR then organise interviews (i.e. book a conference room and send some emails)

>> No.916016

>>911859
Hmm, a feels thread? This could be what I'm looking for.

I'm a first year Maths undergrad (UK), I'm looking to not end up like OP. I'm doing my best to make my CV as appealing as possible, and I'm reading as many documents and shit as I can and basically doing everything in my power to make myself employable.

Ideally, I'd like to get into research, but I know that's unlikely, that leaves me with two other realistic options (well, unless I've filtered out something, shit like IT looks shit), finance or engineering.

Engineering's probably not for me, but I suppose it holds my interest as a backup.

Now for the part /biz/ gives a shit about, to be even remotely employable in finance, you need commercial awareness - I lack this, how do I get it?

Naturally, I intend to lurk /biz/ although I was surprised to see the lack of a sticky, any good advice or Pastebins?

>> No.916053

>>916016
spring weeks my bro, do one, it's easy to get, apply to literally all of them, even if you get something like RBC it's so good to have it on your cv when you're applying for internships in second year