[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 75 KB, 500x392, reverse-small.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9036572 No.9036572 [Reply] [Original]

The new form of mining is called proof-of-volatility.
As a token undergoes a variable degree of volatility daily, a second token is generated based on that corresponding movement. The more tokens you hold of the volatile element, the more derived tokens you get from the daily volatility.

The volatile element is called Ethphoenix.io (EPX)

The derived token is called PhoenixCoin (PHX)

Whitepaper found here
>https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3140310

>> No.9036695

Whats ethphoneix.io?
>Every time somebody buys or sells an EthPhoenix token, the price changes - 0.2% higher upon buy, 0.2% lower upon sell. If you keep your tokens where they are, you receive 10% from every buy OR sell transaction based upon your current share of tokens. You can convert your current token stash into Ether where it will sit in your dividends pool - your dividends are stored in ETH, not in tokens, so their value remains stable (as long as the ETH price itself remains stable.)

The more EPX one holds, the large amount of the dividends they receive. All tokens are valued equally, so you can have 100 coins across 100 wallets if you would like without sacrificing any value; allowing you to partial sell

>> No.9036839

bump

>> No.9037163

How do you feel this compares to the resolve token?

use case wise?

Do you just get the amount in stake every 24 hours?
oh okay. so it captures volatility through the day.
hrm... ok

>> No.9037300

>>9037163
the token that is generated is also erc223 compatible so you can openly trade it, its even on fork delta
>https://forkdelta.github.io/#!/trade/0x14b759a158879b133710f4059d32565b4a66140c-ETH

it is intended to allow user to play games without risking their actual eth, but thats not to say PHX is vlaue-less. As the gaming ecosystem gets more established, many games will layer into each other like a perpetual machine of eth.
EPX will be the hub of that wheel...

just wanted to raise awareness about this project
and raise some debate on a unique Dapp that all started here.

>> No.9037328

>>9037300
>started here
*competitive glare*

You guys had the white paper and contiuing contract first. For sure. Can't argue that.

>> No.9037422
File: 38 KB, 516x143, Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 11.14.03 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9037328
well...it did start on 4chan after one of the users here went to to 'make their own' after the original powh had a catastrophic failure.

furthermore, i see a lot of people saying that this is, "a clone of OG powh." But wasnt OG cloned off the Pajeet that turned off the buy tokens button? right?

>> No.9037464

>>9037422
I'm talking about the extra token
Resolve vs Volatility.

Soulecule was the first token derived from stake

>> No.9037527

>>9037464
ethphoenix.io also has a daily futures market called pyrmex.com

basically by having a daily futures that people can bet on, it generates volatility for the EPX and thus creates more PHX too. Very neat loop.

>> No.9037570

>>9037527
right...
I got Bull token and Bear token

You wanna √^ homie?

I forked from yall. Thanks for fixing the underflow

>> No.9037608

>>9036572
fuck off lain, go and suck norsefire's dick somewhere else please

>> No.9037623

>>9037608
stay mad

>> No.9037746
File: 342 KB, 758x525, itoldyou.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

EPX was even listed in a Dapp radar article, then called ethpyramid, talking about its use as a eth scaling option.

>https://cointelegraph.com/news/how-will-a-100-mln-grant-help-ethereum-scale

>> No.9037777

>>9037746
wait what? is that what that picture is even saying?

>> No.9037801

>>9037777
nice quads, the pic is from the article I posted if you want context. Basically, skelly man has our number and hes watching closely.

>> No.9038080

one more bump

>> No.9038522

>>9037746
dude... that's not what that article is saying.

it's saying that scaling is needed to support hose dapps

>> No.9038540

>>9038522
jesus.... if vitilik was looking at you. i was about to say.
>that picture where the dude is looking at the other girl....
>i'm the other girl....

>> No.9038708

>>9038522
>>9038540

oh really? did we read the same thing?
from the article i linked:

Buterin’s personal goal of funding open-source projects

In September 2017, Buterin revealed that his advisor shares from $1.8 bln project OmiseGo and $370 mln decentralized cryptocurrency exchange Kyber Network will be allocated in a PRIVATE fund to FINANCE open-source projects building innovative technologies such as scaling solutions for the Ethereum Blockchain network.

Buterin emphasized that he will no longer advise any other Blockchain project apart from OmiseGo and Kyber Network and that all of the incentives he received from the two Blockchain projects will be used to improve the Ethereum protocol. At the time, Buterin said:

“I'm announcing that 100% of my OmiseGo + Kyber Network advisor shares will be either donated to charity (AMF, GiveD, SENS etc) or used to privately fund Ethereum second-layer infrastructure (state channels, multisig wallets etc) or some combination of the two.”

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>> No.9038808

lol fail i'll stick with P0WH
also P0WH is 100% better.

>> No.9038844

>>9038708
yes... we read the same article...

>Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam also noted that the Ethereum network would have to improve by 100-fold in order to support decentralized applications with millions of users.

>> No.9038865

>>9038808
and yeah... maybe it's 100% better than ethPhoenix.

but PyrLink is 10000% better than p3d

>> No.9038876

I've made so much ROI just from divvies. But ive been here since the beginning...

>> No.9038911

>>9038876
yeah desu it was called ethpyramid when I joined and I already made like 40-50% of my investments, Im good but ethphx may be too slow for the incoming bullrun

>> No.9038929

>>9038808
they are also 90% the same but both dev teams agree there are significant differences. The maths are identical, both operating linearly, so then you are just arguing about semantics or legality. Many think the ref links used in powh exclude the users in USA due to its resemblance to securities fraud.

>>9038844
but you know agree skelly man has our number though right? He states he wishes to privately fund some of those projects. Ethphoenix, by the name of ethpyramid, is listed as one of those projects. BUT please keep shilling your clone here by all means.

>> No.9039113

>>9038929
you are seriously twisting that article.
glad I don't have zombies

>> No.9039226

>>9038929
>>9038911
>>9038876
How do we get ETHphoenix to have as much volume as PoWH??

I want both to succeed, but seems like the Phoenix is going a little slower..

>> No.9039265

>>9036572

ye fuck off you pathetic lowlife waste of space

>> No.9039286

>>9039226
POWH is all about hype and memes. They are great at creating FOMO and getting folks interested.

ethphoenix.io focuses more on products and then let them do the talking. Pyrebirds is finished expect the front -end...got that update today in fact. Once that bad boy drops, people will be interested because they enjoy the game.

>>9039265
Ask yourself, are you reasonably this angry?

>> No.9039353

>>9037608

Well that’s just mean spirited

>> No.9039405

>>9039286
>>9039353
PoWH platform looks much more professional and appealing for everyone...

>> No.9039444

>>9039286
Is there a fleshed out system for how pyrebirds monetary system is going to work? I would buy some tokens, but not before I know more

>> No.9039455

>>9039405

I haven’t bothered to check the site out for about a week, but it literally had a Lambo on the front page. Is that seriously an impression to give for a legitimate enterprise?

To be clear: 3D has left me and mine alone for the last week, and in exchange we've done the same: which is what I’ve wanted for ages now. They serve different purposes - aesthetics are almost moot.

Not going to deny they know how to put together a cracking advertising campaign, though. ;)

>> No.9039478

>>9039444

Subject to getting all of the devs to agree, I’ll release something in the next few days. We’ve been running off-chain simulations for two weeks now, it really is just the website missing at this point.

Chase me up on this so I don’t forget.

>> No.9039540

>>9039405
like i was saying...all looks. But what is there beyond that? An autistic discord daycare?

>> No.9039628

>>9036572
I just wish there was something to do with the coins right now. As it stands, there's little reason to buy into the contract because there is nearly no ether going in or out of it most days. Even during that massive smart contract craze, it only gained about 100 ether before bleeding to its current number.

>> No.9039693

>>9039628
the reason to buy in before pyrebirds drops it to accumulate the volatility token, PHX. The game will use this token as its life blood.

Im sure many people are wary about joining before the release of the game, which is most reasonable. i think almost no one knows about it which i why i made the thread.

>> No.9039701

>>9039693
Is PHX the same as EPX?

>> No.9039759

>>9039701
no sir, its important to make this distinction.

PHX is a token derived from the volatility of a separate token called EPX.

As the EPX fluctuates, a corresponding amount of PHX is produced and distributed to all the miners according to their stake of EPX. The more EPX you have, the more PHX you mine.

>> No.9039785

>>9039759
So all I have to do is HODL my bags of EPX?

Or I have to click this "mine PHX" button a lot?

>> No.9039852

>>9039785
as of now, mining interval are every 24 hours.
That means over that 24 hour interval you will be mining PHX continuously. After that 24 hour interval, return to your mining tab, collect your PHX and start the mining again for anther 24 hours.

2 click/tx's for mining per 24 hours.

>> No.9039930
File: 33 KB, 400x440, 1518825489395.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9036572

So in other words, another powh-style pyramid scheme?

To quote the movie "Wall Street 2", it's a miracle that a fool and their money ever got together in the first place.

>> No.9039994

>>9039930

>So in other words, another powh-style pyramid scheme?

Did you even read the OP? Which is exclusively talking about how a new form of crypto mining has just been INVENTED?

>> No.9040079

>>9039930
it's mostly a project by reddit wankers who masquerade as chan users, the type of 110-120iq college educated global citizens who think themselves smarter than everyone else and think their layers of stuff built on stuff built on stuff will appeal to people if they have a genuine approach and say "this is something crazy you guys so be aware of what you're doing" while also hoping people will join regardless on merit
but there's no merit, because it's confusing and schizophrenic in its design and sends mixed messages. which is why obvious turd like p3d can reach 20k eth before it craps out while ethphoenix shilled daily for a month and never took off
basically a story of hubris from relatively smart people who think they're so smart, they can't sniff their own farts anymore
not to worry for these types have a rationalisation for everything, cue in we do it for fun, getting a shitton of money was never our goal, this is a thought experiment etc.
not to shit on them too hard because there are good intentions in there, and people building stuff is always laudable. there's just a significant failure at appreciating human psychology here

>> No.9040357

>>9040079
Ad hominem aside, merit comes from creativity and production. How many countless times in history has the better product lost to better advertising.Take VHS and betamax for example. Betamax is superior in almost all degrees technically yet VHS become the leader.
I dont think human psychology is the only significant failure of appreciation going on around here.

>> No.9040386
File: 237 KB, 640x604, sweaty pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9040079
>Mfw Jordan Peterson is shitposting on /biz/

>> No.9040476

>>9040079

I read the white paper, it's mostly smoke and mirrors.

It starts with a discussion of the need/desire for a derivatives market for crypto (which is actually a good idea), but then goes off on a tangent to a point that in no way supports the initial section.

My problems with the white paper and the things it attempt to say include...

1. The wheatcoin example talks about pegging the purchase and delivery of wheat futures to ETH, but does not account for the volatility of ETH itself. So someone who purchases wheat futures based on their prediction of wheat prices in the future (which is a semi-predictable event) must also contend with calculating in the potential price swings of ETH (which are not).

2. They make a point of talking about options greeks in terms of European style options. They have to do this because the math for options greeks only work with European style options. But in the real world, which is almost always American style options, the greeks become essentially meaningless. And it looks like this project, if it is at all based on the options market, is more based on the American and not the european style.

3. I like the idea of having a public calculation that will show potential investors a number that is representative of both the supply and the individual users position relative to the total supply. but....

4. None of this has anything to do with this actual project, which (in the last 2 pages of the white paper), turns into another in a long line of "dividend" pyramid schemes.

>> No.9040597

>>9040476
Some of the most detailed critique of it yet. High caliber post!

>must also contend with calculating in the potential price swings of ETH (which are not)
indeed it is not predictable, but would you agree that ETH will continue to grow in value? Say over the next year?

>> No.9040645

>>9040597

Yes and no.

Let's put it to you this way, the only two coins that have any chance of holding their value are BTC and ETH.

Both will probably carry on for years, but in the end both will be worthless because the entire crypto theory is flawed at it's root.

So... there will be money to be made (or lost) in both. But people need to understand that there will come a day when the party is over forever. As long as they know this (and don't think they can just invest in crypto and hold forever), they might be fine.

>> No.9040742

>>9040645
good point. Lets assume value will go up over the next couple years, would you maintain your first point?

It is pretty key.

>> No.9040893

Let me tell you a story about >solid dev team of eth pyramid.
It was a perfect day as any other for powh, people were buying like crazy and dividends rolled in for everyone.
But one man, a glorious ambassador of the north, proud scottsman and PHD in computer science Norsefire was not pleased. In fact he was fuming with anger, seething i'd even say. Even constant dicksucking from Tenga couldn't cheer him up today. There was only thing that would brighten his mood. The death of PoWH.
To reach this ultimate goal our noble hero devised a plan - make a clone of PoWH. He thought that when he will do that he will prove to everyone how easy it is to make it big with a simple code like that. He worked tirelessly for about an hour and there it was finally done. His very own invention - Charliecoin. He knew noone can match his skills in removing two lines of code, it was a sure victory from there. People even started buying his coin already! But suddenly! A mysterious thief appeared. He knew his ways around Norsefire's solidity and put up a coward trap for everyone our noble hero tried to save from wagecucking for their entire life. Thief stole everything! He did something unimaginable. The thing that was only done once before. He underflowed the contract. He broke everyones hopes and dreams and run away with whole 3.5 eth, that bastard.
Time was crucial for Norsefire, just like it was for bitcoin that day. Swift actions were needed and swift actions were made. After just 10 minutes it was done again. Charliecoin 2.0 was made. And it was most prommising thing to ever happen to smartcontracts after chainlink ICO. Savior for all the wageslaves stood there. For whole 10 minutes he was a hero that none of discord users ever deserved. But thief were hiding amongst the sheep again. His strike was true, he knew what had to be done and went past all defences unseen. Another 4 eth was gone to never return again. Oh forever damned be malicious reinvest bug.
error comment too long

>> No.9040911

>>9040742

Every new coin devalues every other coin. It does nothing other than to show that all coins are built on sand.

>> No.9041054
File: 81 KB, 401x202, IdidntForget.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9040893
>powh can talk after losing literally hundreds of thousands of eth from the first two failed powh projects.
pic related

>> No.9041104

>>9041054
>shitting on OG to save his skin
stop sucking his dick, charliecoin was way, way more embarassing, you literally can't make that shit up, he even got muted on his own discord for that lmao

>> No.9041191

>>9041104
Stop ignoring where the 3 in powh3d came from.
I cant speak for the guy, i think EPX is much bigger than he is though. I agree, its pretty embarrassing, but he wasnt the one getting death threats when his project failed unlike shadow.

>> No.9041386

>>9041191
Dude its not about people draining smart contracts, that shit happens left and right, its all about norse's attitude.
>be norse
>phd in CS
>shitpost in powh discord for months that 10% tax on transfers is a bad thing
>get mad your project got btfo by something that lost everyones money not once but twice
>create a clone to prove "how easy it is to do that"
>remove 10% on transfers in that clone
>get drained because of that right away
>claim to have fixed that and start a new pyramid
>get drained again because of that change
>go into full damage control mode
>get muted on his own discord
>only after realise that removing 10% tax renders token useless
>incite a clones war hoping to kill powh3d
>fail miserably with everyone exitscamming with 20-50 eth premines
>end up with powh having 20x of what epy has
This chain of failures is simply amazing.

>> No.9041684

>>9041386
its sounds like you have some crazy personal issues with him, not EPX. Whole team of folks put that contract together so seems it bit brash to hate them all. After all, didnt that very same team help audit the powh3d contract to make sure at least the third try would work?

>> No.9041709

>>9041684
i don't its fucking funny as hell

>> No.9042030

>>9041709
All 3 of your posts have been about norsefire so i think there is some very real salt there, hilariously ironic. Tocsick has always been the lead dev so you particular fascination with norse seems personal to me.

>> No.9042109

Why would anyone want to hodl/trade a token that is actively being used in a pyramid scheme?

>> No.9042397

>>9036572
this shit is gay and you all should kys

>> No.9042567

>>9036572
I've got some EPX from the EthPyramid days, you're telling me that I've also got something called PHX now? Where can I see my balance?