[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 72 KB, 550x418, Awesome View.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
892360 No.892360 [Reply] [Original]

https://youtu.be/-veTvuvjwYE

Thought this was the right board, because I don't think there really is a board for this

This is sort of a very long term investment...

Well, we've all seen those spy movies, like Kingsman and Alex Rider, where people are really athletic, and they know how to sail boats, deep dive, run track and do all this great stuff that's kind of intriguing

But we've also seen all the celebrities that came from YouTube, who basically travel the world and eat food and live in villas and stuff, all paid for by their Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and other advertising "the good life" revenue streams. They also get sponsored by a tonne of people and all that jazz.

My plan was too have like 4 kids, and since I'm not buttfuck ugly, and pretty attractive, which my wife is too, I wanted to "train" my kids, to do all of that stuff

So like, live on a beach, learn to swim and surf and water sports, then learn how to stunt drive, and even sky diving and diving, plus other useful stuff

Then since social media is all the rage and the "image" you have of yourself on social media nowadays basically dictates how successful you are (in some cases) I could basically set my kids up to be one of those famous individuals

Or, if that doesn't work out, they could always join some agency and become a federal agent or work for a private military contractor, so yeah, it would also give them a bunch of experiences as kids, so they'll be extremely healthy and not have many health problems and always be the "cool" kids, because let's face it, your popularity matters a lot in this world, and it will continue to matter, so that's why I thought of this

What do you think, is it a good investment to invest in my kids lifestyles very heavily and sort of push them towards fame and fortune? All of their own accord of course, but being popular is extremely important to kids, and if I can offer them that I should basically have a grasp over them

Thoughts?

>> No.892365

Any parent who pushes their kids just so others can see how good they are is destined to fail.

stay pleb m8. Life isn't about external validation. Rather, internal.

>> No.892369

How about you do what a normal parent is supposed to do and be a supporting mentor and your kids should be fine, they'll choose to do whatever they want in life and if you're trying to persuade them to do something different or making them do something different it's only going to bring resentment towards you and rebellion.

>> No.892378

>>892360
Lmao

>> No.892381

>>892360
lol

>> No.892385
File: 215 KB, 576x432, nigolso.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

being too hars for your kids the worst mistake you can do. go easy on them.

>> No.892396

Just emulate the upbringing of John Stuart Mill
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stuart_Mill#Biography

Seriously though, I'm interested in this as well. I believe that while "supportive", my parents could've been more engaged in my development as a child. I was told that I was special and could be anything I wanted but I was pretty much on my own beyond that.

Of course, being to controlling will just fuck them up. >>892369 has a point.

My biggest concern is them spending all their time infront of Minecraft or whatever the equivalent of the time is, I do believe video games are a drug.

>> No.892410

>>892360
Those people you're talking about also crave petty online validation, I would be afraid they would get hooked to that kind of validation too young.

Also those people are leaches dependent on the stupidity of others, and that can't lead to deep internal self esteem.

Although there is no reason not to train your kids to do other cool stuff. You should read "bounce", it relates several stories about parents training their kids to be great and has a few tips on how to do it without fucking them up.

but I don't support that notion of making money. There are much, much better ways to make money anyway.

>> No.892427
File: 30 KB, 500x322, 1327637536585.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy shit

>> No.892430

>>892360
made me lol
ty

>> No.892437

>>892396
So much is dependent on the kid themselves, too. I've not read much on pedagogy, so I'm speaking only from what I've seen. My parents: supportive, pushed me to do something and do it well. Didn't matter what it was, as long as it was /something/. My sister, the same. She rebelled heavily, I'm well on my way to being a captain of industry.

I see the same with families everywhere. There's no one size fits all solution. The most you can hope it seems is to be a genuinely involved, interested parent who wants the best for their children. In my view, the 'best' is not giving them everything they need, but rather ensuring they have basic critical thinking abilities and an internal drive to excel not for the end gains they might receive, but because pleasure is in the doing, not the done.

OP, it's cool that you want the best for your kids. Telling them what's best is different from having them discover it on their own.

>> No.892462
File: 187 KB, 343x364, 1311017686883.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>892360

>> No.892465

>>892360
There's a flaw in your plan. In 10 to 15 years, this may not be the case anymore. The world changes quickly. 10 years ago, amateur pranksters making money were unheard of.

Now, you can make a shit ton of money by pranking people and postem them on youtube. 15 years into the future, that might change.

10 years ago, there was no instagram. 10 years into the future, there may no longer be any instagrams or facebook.

>> No.892468

>>892365

seriously this

if you push your kids hard as soon as they get freedom they'll crash and burn regardless if they want to or not

>>892396

the solution is to live in a walkable city with other kids. If your kid lives inside a car-exclusive suburb, of course they'll turn to videogames because they won't be able to walk anywhere interesting

>> No.892471

>>892360
>>892465
Therefore, train your kids to be good at things that have existed for thousands of years, therefore will likely continue to existed 10, 20, 50 years from now.

Engineers, doctors... they have existed for hundreds if not thousands of years, and it's very possible there will still be engineers, doctors, etc 100 years from now. Train your kids to be like them, not instagrammers.

>> No.892483

>>892360
Why do these videos trigger such emotion in people? It's not like he's living this life 24/7. It's essentially a movie.

>> No.892487

>>892468

Interesting g thought about the suburbs, yeah of course I'm planning on living in a touristy place, something like Hawaii

But a bit farther away, so we have some sort of privacy

I don't want to hover over my kids, but I want them to try every thing I can afford to get them to do, which isn't really expensive for adults

That's why I want to get them to try alllllll the things possible, but I won't force them to pursue anything, just force them to "try" everything

>> No.892488

>>892483

Eventually him and her will make enough money to do this for the rest of their able lives every day of the year

>> No.892491

>>892437

Agreed 100%, I want to force them to try everything but not gonna force them to "pursue" a lot of things, unless they themselves want too then its whatever

But I'm going to force them to try everything I can think of at least once, and of course let them live their lives but like, make them able to do anything they choose

I grew up seeing your lifestyle is what sells, so if their lifestyle is good, it should be better for them

>> No.892506

>>892385
Au contraire. Wouldn't you rather life be easier over time?

>> No.892507

>>892491
Sometimes you have to play the villain.