[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 146 KB, 735x765, haircut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
889904 No.889904 [Reply] [Original]

Sup, /biz/,

I'm here asking about tips for a good job interview. I figure the folks at /biz/ are probably some of the most mature and well seasoned in this process, so if you have any advice at all, lay it on me.

I just lost my factory job of 9 years and have an interview for a medical technician position on Monday. I really want this job not just to pay bills and have health insurance, but also because I'm going to school (part time) for a medical job and this would look fantastic on my application when I go to join the core program.

I haven't had an interview in 9 years and I don't know what to expect. Any advice or resources would be appreciated. Feel free to share personal experiences and horror stories as well. Thanks!!

>> No.889916

>>889904

Go in, be genuine.

the only thing you should fake is confidence.

and don't be fazed by anything.

>> No.890029

Figure out what they are trying not to hire. Don't be those things.

Best of luck anon. Unless you are a felon etc, just be confident and don't look like a dope.

>> No.890037

>>889916
>>890029
Thanks. I'm feeling confident because I know I'm capable of the job, I'm just afraid I'll sperg out and blank or ramble.

What's the stupidest question you've ever been asked in an interview?

>> No.890043

>>889904

- study the company

- study the business

- see if you can find someone who worked/works there who can give you inside info

- dress well

- haircut

- be confident, direct, and honest

- show a desire to work there and succeed.

GOOD LUCK

>> No.890091

>>890043
Thanks, I'm pouring over their business history tonight.

>> No.890762
File: 27 KB, 300x372, qy07m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>889904
Be honest.

>> No.890770

>>889904

Don't consider it a interview, consider it your fist day of training. Think of questions you would need to ask on your fisrt day of training and ask them to the interviewer