[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 649 KB, 1138x712, sergeynaz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8815757 No.8815757 [Reply] [Original]

I am looking to get my uncle who works as a high level software engineer for a fortune 100 company involved in Chainlink. I've told him a bit about the project and he wants to know some more to possibly invest and get a few of his colleagues involved as well. If you could tell him the 3 most unique things about the project, what would they be biz? Serious discussion please. I know people think it's a meme, but I would like some serious replies here. Thanks.

>> No.8815763

>>8815757
blocknet

>> No.8815857
File: 107 KB, 867x607, ciscosys.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8815757
for those who may think I'm larping, he is in this group photo. he has some decent connections within the company and within other divisions.

>> No.8815859
File: 91 KB, 815x664, 1523221092514.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8815757
This is everything you need to know to properly shill this coin (1/2)

>> No.8815877
File: 168 KB, 1297x963, 1523187487742.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

(2/2) The use of the token itself. If you can read these and distill the information into sonething concise, you'll surely succeed.

>> No.8815882

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY!
HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

>> No.8815936

>>8815859
>>8815877
thanks man. I will take a look at this and keep this in mind.

>>8815882
haha, not sure if I will tell him that it will reach $1k at the end of the year but I will definitely use a little of your enthusiasm when pitching it.

>> No.8815967

>>8815757
1. Modularity - The design of chainlink is highly modular allowing for many legacy systems to connect to newer distributed/blockchain systems. This is a huge plus in ChainLINK's corner because large and old institutions (banking and finance) require 100% uptime and thus don't quite trust Saas and other companies that offer newer technologies. The existing legacy systems work and although they may not be as fast in some situations uptime > features in finance and banking. Link allows these systems to be utilized and to utilize newer tech.

2. Uniqueness - Link solves an actual problem . It's not an existing service that is packaged in a "decentralized" format but rather it is something truly new. Many of the existing coins are merely that, existing services that are supposedly "decentralized" and this gives them some sort of advantage over existing centralized services. That is so retarded that I don't even want to begin to entertain the viability of the vast majority of crypto. Link on the other hand allows for blockchains to expand its infrastructure. 2018 will be the year of infrastructure projects (LINK, REQ, ICX, ENG, RLC, QSP, etc) . Chainlink however is the first necessary aspect to build out blockchain infrastructure because decentralized delivery allows for the other building blocks to flourish.

cont.

>> No.8815985

>>8815967
how is it decentralized if the data source is centralized. It is fake decentralization.

>> No.8816002

>>8815936
Anytime, good luck and thanks for helping to get the word out. Ideally, your uncle's connections can provide yet another major company for link to break into

>> No.8816023

>>8815967
3. Sergey is well connected. Show your uncle the different documents in which Sergey or Smartcontract.com has been quoted in. Ari Juels is a crucial piece of this puzzle being the man that was a part of the trio that helped create modern cyber security at RSA. Many important institutions (mine for example) allow employees to now bring their own phones but we have to download and install custom software that gets root control of our phones. In case we lose the phone then it needs to be erased remotely so that MNPI doesn't leak. Our provider is RSA, again the place where Ari Juels worked at. Sergey began his career at FirstMark Capital which is no joke in the NYC venture/growth equity space. From his Linkedin it appears that he was originally an intern that got an Associate position. This is not that common of a career trajectory in finance. Typically you do 1-2 years at an investment bank to prove that you can in fact do good work then you are recruited to the buy-side (VC, Private Equity, Hedge Funds) but Sergey went straight to VC albeit through an internship. This does happen but not as often as people are led to believe especially at a place like FirstMark.

>> No.8816037

>>8815985
Either weak fud or truly brainlet. I fucking started the centralized data source meme a couple weeks ago lel and here you are parroting it.

>> No.8816052

>>8815985
You are confusing the oracle and the data source. A centralized oracle is ONE point connecting to the data, and it's an issue because that one point is vulnerable to attacks or down time. A decentralized oracle is a network connecting to the data source or sources. It does not have the same vulnerability as long as at least one node is working. That's the difference.

>> No.8816053

>>8816023
you left out that sergey was the ta for the founder of firstmark capital at stern for a semester while he worked at firstmark which helped him become an associate position quicker

>> No.8816087

>>8816053
Didn't realize that, admittedly I haven't checked out his Linkedin in a while. Shows that he knows how to convert connections

>> No.8816108

>>8816023
Ok, will do. you are right about the career trajectory part. I am in corp finance but a few of my friends (IB/AM) have never been promoted straight from a summer analyst to associate role. that's typically unheard of - so its nice to that his peers saw potential in him.

>> No.8816112

>>8816108
it wasn't his peers it was more than likely the founder that promoted him

>> No.8816125

>>8815757
Anon you should be giving exactly 0 people, including yourself, investment advice.

Seriously do not get involved with other peoples money, it just ruins your relationship with the person.

>> No.8816188

>>8815757
just show him this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHjbHBWaykc

>> No.8816267

>>8816108
See
>>8816053
Regardless I'd argue its more impressive and shows that he is able to convert on opportunities when presented. Sure there's a lot of rumor and speculation on who the team is working with and I have faith on Sergey to convert meetings and networking into real opportunities. If that is the case (what most of us are banking on) then ChainLINK will impact several parts of society

>> No.8816304

>>8816267
>>8816112
Appreciate the feedback. What do you guys think about the evidence about the connections with larger enterprises that could benefit from the use case of Chainlink? Do you think its reasonable to also suggest that this is a possibility? I know there have been a bunch of posts the past few weeks connecting the dots, but do you think this isn't any coincidence and that Sergey is actively marketing the product behind the scenes? I unfortunately don't have much experience with NDAs nor do I want to wildly speculate, but I've seen some pretty significant developments as of late that cannot be ignored.

>> No.8816318

This is OP by the way, I had to run and am on my cell

>> No.8816365
File: 298 KB, 916x1200, IMG_1519.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8815757
LINK SHILL

Commodities contracts

First step was payment coins like bitcoin, litecoin or even nano. Next step was setting up smart contracts for DaPPs. Ethereum, NEO etc.

>Smart contracts are limited to digitalized data. They have a limited application in real life and cannot substitute real contracts. You cannot digitalize reality.

Final step is finding a way to get external/real world data from the outside world onto the blockchain. This is where ChainLink comes into play and solves what is known as the 'Oracle Problem.'

ChainLink is not only a bridge for triggering smart contracts from other platforms but is also the first one which can securely insert offline data into smart contracts or grabbing them out from elsewhere. Every single visionary use case with ethereum you heard of needs data from outside of the crypto ecosystem.

>> No.8816399
File: 137 KB, 844x689, IMG_1621.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Weather insurance for farmers. If it rains 10 inches the farmer gets paid automatically. Instead of going through 10 people and it taking months settling your claim. Because of the finality aspect, the system needs to be tamper proof. The blockchain/smart contract side is, but someone could hack the weather station providing the data that allows the smart contract to know its raining. Chainlink allows for the smart contract to take the information of 10 weather stations. So to commit fraud you’d have to manage to hack 10 weather stations. Or 100 or 1 million depending on how secure the contract requires

This same logic applies to a large amount of other use cases. A few examples:
- Flight insurance
- Bond payments
- Sports betting
- Pay as you drive cars
- Automatic speeding tickets
- Supply chain records
- Data for apps
- Escrow for houses
- Escrow for online purchases
- Shipping insurance
- Life insurance
- Automatically executing trust funds
- Automatic release of titles when you pay things off

Imagine insurance companies paying out after natural disasters (like hurricanes). You have builders required to build up to a certain code, say 100 mph wind speed. If the wind speed goes over 100 mph the insurance company pays out. However if wind speed is below 100 mph, the builder (or their insurance company) pays out. Now you need a decentralized data solution. Both parties have a interest in knowing the wind speed and knowing that the weather data is accurate. You can build smart contracts that will execute payments based on this data (potentially millions of dollars).

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15647626

>> No.8816418
File: 281 KB, 1280x720, IMG_1631.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alright I'm done. I've literally got 38 pages of material. You get the point.

>> No.8816446

>>8816418
>>8816399
Thanks dude. I've heard about the insurance use case before. Also, is it just me or does everyone on biz like the Jaguar F-type? I'm also a fan but those models are rare in my area for some reason.

>> No.8816449

>>8816318
Listen to his SXSW panel with the founder of docusign, the founder of the dogital chamber of commerce, and a lawyer.
https://youtu.be/D95jXGCXkqc

>> No.8816460

>>8815857
thought this pink wojacks screaming in thumbnail

>> No.8816627

>>8816418
Damn, that's a nice rear. I can't see myself getting one of these, though

>> No.8816698

>>8816446
Probably just me. I have to stop posting it. Will be the car I buy and have it shipped to my front door most likely using a smart contract that has been developed for car dealerships specifically.

>> No.8816800
File: 35 KB, 766x276, Swift Info on Test.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8815757
Have hin look up Swift .. to understand what they do, then share the info below taken directly from the results of their recent blockchain project. Note that last comment about "3rd party" vendors.

>> No.8817139

>>8816800
thank you. added to the list of things I will research.

>> No.8817142

>>8816304
sergey doesn't program or have the academic background to meaningly contribute to the theory behind the consensus and validation stuff so presumably what he's been doing is B2B getting users for the network and data providers on board. Look at how highly zeppelin praised the company, and all the places and reports sergey has showed up in as an experty. Sibos was a massive foot in the door.

>> No.8817324

>>8817139
No need let me tell you easily what SWIFT does so you can explain it easily and convey the impact of SWIFT adopting ChainLINK. All SWIFT is is a glorified SMS messaging service but one that is highly secure and trusted amongst existing governments, banks, etc. Money/cash never actually touches SWIFT. Actual cash and money is held by a network of clearing houses and bank that receive messages through the SWIFT network to properly debit and credit the right amounts for each account. If I send you money online then that triggers a message that gets sent from my bank to SWIFT, relayed to your bank. Cash never actually moves out of my bank and into yours but rather it is debited from mine and credited to yours. If in fact SWIFT does adopt ChainLINK then any kind of financial application that wants to use people's bank account information to send and receive payments they will need to use the SWIFT oracle powered by chainLINK.

SWIFT is also not a company but rather a collective. The way it works is that banks who wish to participate in and use the SWIFT network pay dues every year to the collective. The organization then uses these funds to hire people, maintain networks, effectively act as a business on behalf of the banks (similar to how a Credit Union is for its customers)

>> No.8817567

>>8815757
>OP's uncle comes over for dinner
>OP excitedly runs up to uncle and tugs on his sleeve
>"uncle! u-uncle, i-i-i uh i have y-you heard $1000 thousand a-a year at the e-endofyeer!"
>uncle smiles, with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "good job anon, you're a good kid."
>later, after OP has been put to bed, uncle and OP's mom sit in silence at the kitchen table, one bare light bulb illuminating the scene
>"so, anonette, how is everything going? Are you able to keep everything together since Steve left?"
>OP's mom tries to smile through the wrinkles and deep sadness on her face. "it's been really, really hard. After Anon had to leave school for the third time this year i've just given up. I don't know if i can keep doing this."
>OP's uncle gives his sister a brief hug and tells her that she's a strong woman. He puts a small stack of 20 dollar bills on the table on his way out

>> No.8817574

>>8817142
still I worry about the lack of devs
t. own 195k stinkies

>> No.8817645

>>8815757
>telling family about risky investments
larp or pajeet
but pajeets are banned from crypto
so larp

>> No.8817880

>>8816188
fugg im feeling like doubling down on link

>> No.8818047
File: 24 KB, 306x306, 89.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8817567

>> No.8819189
File: 15 KB, 251x242, 6dBt2Oj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8815757
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

the absolute state of Chainlink !!!!!

>m-,uh uncle works at mcdonalds, m-maybe he can help with the project

AAHAHAHAHAHAH, you bloody boyscout faggots.

But yeah please, do buy more, i managed to buy in at the bottom again and could use a 5th dumpcycle on your asses

>> No.8819201

>>8819189
you had 6 months to fill your bags faggot. your time is up.

>> No.8819255

>>8815877
The only that is not accurate here, is that LINK is not an ERC20 token.

>> No.8819534
File: 392 KB, 535x400, stand-and-deliver.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8819201
Excuse me kiddo, i'm a ico og used to be #77 wallet, have been dumping and buying in upon your braintard asses for half a year now.

Made close to 1,4mil on Chainlink alone