[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 5 KB, 192x185, 1522434194115.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8687383 No.8687383 [Reply] [Original]

I'm embarrassed to make this thread.

What has changed since 2013? That's the last time I had a job. It was a job cold calling selling joint venture fractional shares of oil wells.. $85k for a full share. I can't believe I had enough crypto to buy one at one point. Those days are long gone.

Anyways, what's the interview process like now? Group interviews?

>> No.8687416

No idea still unemployed. Applied to places at least 3 a day and nothing.

>> No.8687433

>>8687383
Need some more details on where you are applying. Small organizations are going to most likely have more informal interviews with one person (still dress right) but larger organizations will most likely do panel interviews. If it is a state job probably no matter how small the office they will have to have several people there no matter what to do the interview.

I have never interviewed for a family owned business but I assume it is the same as any other small company.

>> No.8687466

>>8687433
I'll be applying to marketing firms/agencies. Probably entry level unfo due to the time off.

>> No.8687670

>tell us a little about yourself
>where do you see yourself in 5 years
>give an example of a time where you dealt with a difficult situation and how you handled it
>What interested you in applying at our company
Interviews are awkward. Just be yourself. If you made it to the interview that means that you have already met their minimum requirements for qualifying for the job. Now they just want to see if you are someone they want to see and work with everyday. Stay positive. Don’t speak negatively about past employers, and remember that you are interviewing them as well to see if you’d even want to work there. At the end of the interview they will usually ask you if you have any questions for them. Come prepared with a couple of simple questions to ask. How soon will you make your hiring decision? What is the most challenging thing about the position?

It also helps to do some research on the company you are interviewing in advance. Spend some time on the companies web page review their annual report if possible. That way you can mention things directly related to the company which shows that you have done your homework. After the interview sending a follow up email thanking the interview committee is a nice touch.

>> No.8687698

>>8687466
I never applied to those places but my understanding is they are littered with women with Communication/Women Studies degree combos. At least, every women I knew that left marketing matches that bill.

You poor bastard.

>> No.8687934
File: 22 KB, 228x221, F10DE9E6-883B-429A-9872-66D1E13F7F35.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>been NEET for 6 years
>have to apply for a job
>dont even get email replys

Feelsbadman